PDA

View Full Version : Lessons with Davina!!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
05-07-2005, 17:41
Big Father!

Davina McCall is moving to the BBC to host a new Saturday night show designed to teach fathers-to-be by setting them tasks like changing nappies and dealing with toddler tantrum!

Flozza
05-07-2005, 18:41
i see kl when is it

06-07-2005, 16:23
I don't know but it should be funny but in a way useful :p

$sTaCeY$
17-07-2005, 16:52
I've got to watch that it sounds as though it will be funny

Abi
17-07-2005, 20:09
Sounds funny, even to a non-mum

di marco
18-07-2005, 08:08
Sounds funny, even to a non-mum

yeh it does sound funny lol! :D

03-08-2005, 17:40
In a unique new series for BBC ONE and BBC THREE, Davina McCall presents He's Having a Baby – following eight young men on their very different journeys to becoming first time dads, all struggling to cope with the dramatic, funny and difficult changes parenthood brings.

But they do have one other thing in common – the due dates of their children are staggered throughout the run of the show.

Over ten weeks from late August, He's Having a Baby captures the lives of these men, chosen from all over the UK, into the delivery room and beyond, as they prepare to take on perhaps the greatest challenge that life presents – the birth of their first child, providing a unique insight into the pressures faced by modern British father.

To help them prepare for fatherhood, the dads-to-be will be put through a series of 'Dad Assignments' which will give them first hand experience of just what lies ahead.

Grabbing them by the scruff of the neck and throwing them into a variety of situations with children of all ages, they'll get 18 years of parenting crammed into just ten hectic, hilarious, non-stop weeks.

How will they cope as they are tormented by tiny-tots and teenage tearaways?

Each Saturday evening on BBC ONE, Davina McCall will catch up with our eight men live in studio to bring us their unique and compelling stories from the last week.

Will there be tears before bedtime as the fathers struggle to change a nappy and try to juggle work and family, or will a Super-Dad be uncovered?

Davina says about the prospect of looking after the eight dads-to-be: "I really can't wait to do this programme, it's a well known fact I'm evangelical about birth and I'm really looking forward to helping prepare these dads for the best journey of their lives.

"Men largely get ignored when it comes to pregnancy, birth and becoming a parent so it's time to give them a much needed helping hand."

Leon Wilde, Hat Trick's Head of Entertainment and himself a new dad, comments: "This isn't a 'how to parent' show. We're not trying to tell people how to be a dad, but are saying that it's cool to be a dad."

Throughout the week a nightly BBC THREE programme will capture their daily lives in a real life soap opera.

We'll see how they are coping with the ever-changing emotions and demands of becoming a parent for the first time.

There'll also be a chance to see how the dads are getting on in the eyes of close friends and family – and the mums-to-be.

Are their partners going into fatherhood with their eyes wide open – or are they better suited to sitting in the pub talking about football than talking about their feelings?

He's Having a Baby is a Hat Trick production for BBC ONE and BBC THREE.

The Executive Producers are Barbara Lee and Leon Wilde for Hat Trick Productions and Fenia Vardanis for the BBC.

i_luv_dennis
13-08-2005, 18:49
that be good

Luna
22-08-2005, 10:55
Did anyone watch this? I taped it didn't think it was that good

Jojo
22-08-2005, 11:02
I watched about 2 mins of it - got bored so switched off. Love Davina, but not loving this show

Luna
22-08-2005, 11:05
I suffered the whole thing determined it was going to get better

Jojo
22-08-2005, 11:07
Did it get better though??

Luna
22-08-2005, 11:17
Not really two of the guys had already become dads before the show even started. The guy with the twins and another one. They also showed the fathers-to-be a video of a birth their reactions and faces were quite funny but apart from that nothing else exciting happened dont think i'll watch it again.

Davina started to annoy me abit though

22-08-2005, 20:33
Its now on BBC 3 if anyone is giving it a go..

Jojo
22-08-2005, 20:41
I think I'll give it a miss :D I don't really want to watch too much birth etc anyway. Although I have been through it twice before, it still scares me!!!

Luna
22-08-2005, 20:46
It doesnt show you the births just the guys faces :D

eastenderfan_91
22-08-2005, 20:47
yes i watched this on saturday and i thought it was very good its great to show fathers to be how its like when the baby comes