PDA

View Full Version : Relaxed Hair

Tamzi
03-07-2005, 18:57
I have my hair relaxed (chemically straightened) and I was wondering if anyone could advise me on any products to wahs my hair with and a daily routine. I would appreciate a daily routine of anyone. Thank you.
xxx

di marco
03-07-2005, 20:46
how much does it cost to have that done and how long does it stay straight for?

Tamzi
04-07-2005, 18:07
It stays straight for ever, you have to get the new hair done though every two months. It costs £25-£35 a go. I also have a steam which is £15-£25. It is expensive but I had a style of Afro before which I absolutely hated.
xxx

.:SpIcYsPy:.
05-07-2005, 17:55
Cool!! I never you could do that lol!!

.:Kitz:.
05-07-2005, 20:38
my mate charlotte has her hair done like that, her hair was REALLY curly. i'll ask her tomorrow what she uses:D

di marco
06-07-2005, 06:40
i might try and see about having that done..................

Abi
13-07-2005, 19:32
Has your hair dried out a lot more than usual though?

di marco
23-08-2006, 10:50
ok im thinking about having this relaxed thing down (the one using chemicals) or just having my hair professionally straightened, does anyone know how much each would cost and how often each would be done? does anyone recommend having one done rather than the other? thanks

Dr. Tangliss
24-08-2006, 08:24
I had my hair chemically straightened through the Japanese Yoko system, it cost me £300, but it lasts forever and does not dry hair out.

di marco
24-08-2006, 09:34
I had my hair chemically straightened through the Japanese Yoko system, it cost me £300, but it lasts forever and does not dry hair out.

ok thanks, did you go to a special place to have it done? also do you have to keep going back every few months to have the roots done? if so does that cost much? oh and another thing, do you use special shampoo on it or is ordinary stuff ok? thanks again :)

Dr. Tangliss
24-08-2006, 09:40
Yes, there is only one hairdresser in Nottingham that does it. You have to go back every 9 months or longer, if you hair grows slowly, to get the roots done. I have yet to go back so I don't know an exact price, but it's defo a lot cheaper then the first time you have it done:)

It used to take me about an hour to dry my hair as it's really thick, followed by another 45 mins using the GHD's. Not it only takes me 20 mins from start to finish.

di marco
24-08-2006, 09:45
Yes, there is only one hairdresser in Nottingham that does it. You have to go back every 9 months or longer, if you hair grows slowly, to get the roots done. I have yet to go back so I don't know an exact price, but it's defo a lot cheaper then the first time you have it done:)

It used to take me about an hour to dry my hair as it's really thick, followed by another 45 mins using the GHD's. Not it only takes me 20 mins from start to finish.

ok thanks, ill look into it, im sure theyll be one in london that i could get too. same with me about my hair, it takes about 1hr 30mins to straighten it and my sis usually does it for me cos its so thick i cant do the back properly. so before i go to uni i thought if i got it properly done then i wouldnt have to worry about it (well thats the hope anyway!) thanks again, youve been a lot of help, i appreciate it :)

Dr. Tangliss
24-08-2006, 09:50
Glad to help! There will definitely be a lot of salons in London offering it, so you should not have a problem.

Enjoy uni :)

di marco
24-08-2006, 09:52
Glad to help! There will definitely be a lot of salons in London offering it, so you should not have a problem.

Enjoy uni :)

thanks :) yep i thought so, if its only once every about 9 months itll be easy for me to jump on a train up there. now ive found out information about it, i just need to tell my mum about it lol!

Dr. Tangliss
24-08-2006, 12:23
I hope you Mum agrees to it. I

Dr. Tangliss
I hope you Mum agrees to it. I used some of my student loan when I had it done

Dr. Tangliss
I hope you Mum agrees to it. I used some of my student loan to pay for it when I had it done.

Dr. Tangliss
24-08-2006, 12:24
WTF, something odd happened when I typed the previous message!

di marco
24-08-2006, 21:17
I hope you Mum agrees to it. I used some of my student loan to pay for it when I had it done.

yeh i hope she agrees too, but as my sis says if i pay for it myself then she cant really complain! i have enough in my bank to cover it i think (although itll probably wipe me out!) or i might see if my mum will pay for some of it as an early bday pressie and then i pay the rest. anyway thanks for the help cos now i can show my mum that ive actually looked into it before saying i want it done lol!