PDA

View Full Version : The Nightly Show on ITV

DaVeyWaVey
26-02-2017, 20:56
This starts tomorrow at 10pm on ITV, running every weeknight. Who else will be checking it out? David Walliams is presenting the first week, but I heard there will be a guest presenter each week. I really like David.

Looking at the TV guide, it seems like a mixture of sketches, topical comedy and interviews with celebrity guests.

Nice to have something a bit different on at that time, as I usually switch the TV off at 10. But this looks different to usual, so the TV will stay on for a further 30 minutes!

Dazzle
26-02-2017, 23:27
It's not really my cup of tea but I might give it a whirl if it gets good reviews.

lizann
27-02-2017, 16:44
i expect loads of camp innuendos from walliams

DaVeyWaVey
27-02-2017, 22:45
The first episode was a bit pants, which was a shame. Still, I think it's a show that has a fair amount of potential and could work with some tweaks to it. The first episode felt a bit too 'try hard' and awkward. The Oscars joke was quite funny, but then David kept repeating it and as a long running joke it didn't work. It may find its feet over the next few weeks.

I think it'll be very dependent on who hosts the show, what the guests are and what is in the news.

moonstorm
28-02-2017, 12:56
I gave up with it and went to bed. i normally like David Walliams but lat night he was getting on my nerves.

DaVeyWaVey
03-03-2017, 08:06
I watched it again last night (first time since Monday) and didn't think it was too bad actually. David Haye was a good guest, and I really enjoyed the David v David game and found it quite funny.

tammyy2j
06-03-2017, 21:28
John Bishop this week