PDA

View Full Version : Smoking!

daisy38
01-07-2005, 14:07
I have decided to give up smoking! I'm wearing the patches at the moment, it's going ok so far, i had my last fag on Wednesday night, of course i have felt like having one but i just eat a bit of fruit or go and do something to take my mind of it! :)

Have any of you given up smoking by using the patches? If so how long were you on them for before you felt you could live without them?

I hope ive put this in the right place! :D

phils little sister
01-07-2005, 14:09
Hi Daisy, Best of luck with that, i tryed the patches about a month ago i was going good in work didnt have a smoke all day - but i really wanted one i lasted till i got home and then ripped the patch off and lit one up, but i have no will power in any way - i hope you do better than me

Luna
01-07-2005, 14:11
Well done on getting this far - i know i couldn't. Haven't tried the patches myself but have tried the chewing gum and the lozengers. I had one lozenger and didn't soke for about 6 weeks it was so disgusting. Chewing gum didn't work actually made me want to smoke more. Keep us posted on how you get on and i might give them a try. Determined to get off them and stay off them by christmas.

Jojo
01-07-2005, 14:12
Tried and failed - ended up being hypnotised instead last september - cost £120 but I haven't touched on since!!

phils little sister
01-07-2005, 14:14
Tried and failed - ended up being hypnotised instead last september - cost £120 but I haven't touched on since!!

Really i would pay the money if i tought that would work my Boss is always saying she is going to send me to see one - because im always out side smoking

Luna
01-07-2005, 14:14
My friends mum was hypnotised, she says that when the guy was doing it a fire engine was going past the building with the sirens on and now every time she gets the feeling for a smoke she can hear the sirens in her head, and that stops her and makes her think. She hasnt touched one in about 5 years.

daisy38
01-07-2005, 14:16
My friends mum was hypnotised, she says that when the guy was doing it a fire engine was going past the building with the sirens on and now every time she gets the feeling for a smoke she can hear the sirens in her head, and that stops her and makes her think. She hasnt touched one in about 5 years.

Thats Hilarious! :rotfl:

If i could Spare £120, i'd get it done myself! I'm saving up for Spending Money for the Hols! :D

Jojo
01-07-2005, 14:16
Just after the session, I had a packet of fags in my hand, and the hypnotist asked me to take one out of the packet and asked me what I wanted to do with it - without even thinking, I crushed it and threw the rest of the packet in the bin!!! I had smoked for 14 years and sometimes now, I feel like I have never smoked!

It does still need a small amount of willpower, and you've really got to want to give up, but I would recommend it - I had a 2 hour session, 1 hour counselling about giving up and then the hour being hypnotised.

Jojo
01-07-2005, 14:17

If i could Spare £120, i'd get it done myself! I'm saving up for Spending Money for the Hols! :DIt works out to 6 weeks worth of patches!!

Luna
01-07-2005, 14:17

If i could Spare £120, i'd get it done myself! I'm saving up for Spending Money for the Hols! :D

Snap oh and they could add in not to put on any weight when you stop :D

Jojo
01-07-2005, 14:19
The one I went to said he could do that if I was concerned about that side of it!! Wish he had now :rotfl:

Luna
01-07-2005, 14:21
You've got me thinking now. I spend about £160 a month on cigs if i get treatment done at the start of the month then i would be able to afford it. Might have a look into that just now.

daisy38
01-07-2005, 14:22
I'm not paying for my patches! I'm doing the Stop Smoking Scheme through my Chemist and so i get them for FREE! :D

Jojo
01-07-2005, 14:26
You've got me thinking now. I spend about £160 a month on cigs if i get treatment done at the start of the month then i would be able to afford it. Might have a look into that just now.Just make sure they are registered etc, as I know of some people that have gone to some that aren't and it hasn't worked!

I'm not paying for my patches! I'm doing the Stop Smoking Scheme through my Chemist and so i get them for FREE! :D You're lucky, I couldn't get that when I was wanting to give up.

Luna
01-07-2005, 14:29
Just had a look at one the sites for a newar by place - it said - Smoking Cessation Hypnotherapy is designed as a 'one session stop smoking technique' Cost £70 per hour

Thats a bit cheap aint it? And yes they are registered.

Lol you can even be hypnotised to pass your driving test it says on here. Wish i would have done that with mine. Had to stop the car about 5 times to get out and walk about cause i was so nervous

Jojo
01-07-2005, 14:30
Thats about right, cost me £60 per hour.

Luna
01-07-2005, 14:31
Does anyone know the name of the book that stops you smoking? I think it was written bu someone called alan grant or something like that. He promises that by the time you reach the last page you wont be a smoker. I've heard that it really does work.

Jojo
01-07-2005, 15:07
Packing it in the easy way - Allen Carr - 6.39 on Amazon - Is that the one??

Luna
01-07-2005, 15:08
Yup sound like it - thanks :D

pinkles14
02-07-2005, 09:52
Hi I Gave up smoking last september i did not use the patches i just chewed normal chewing gum when i felt like haveing a fag. It is hard to give up but it does get easier.
The chewing helped cause i was used to having my tea then sitting down with cupper tea and fag. now its cupper tea then chewing gum..
Good luck to you all