PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale 2017

Perdita
31-12-2016, 05:39
We already know the New Year in Emmerdale is going to kick off with literal flames as Kerry Wyatt (Laura Norton) sets out to send the worst kind of message to Cain (Jeff Hordley), but after a year of hard-hitting storylines and groundbreaking episodes, and landing its first ever Best British Soap win at the British Soap Awards, how could Emmerdale ever top a fantastic 2016?

By planning for a pretty incredible 2017, by the looks of things - at least going be series producer Iain MacLeod's teases in a new video on the ITV website, that is.

"2016's been amazing, I've barely had time to catch my breath," MacLeod began. "But we've got some amazing stuff coming up in 2017."

Well, that's putting it mildly. We caught at least six major storylines to watch out for in the New Year, so read on to find out what the Dales have in store for us in 2017.

1) Debbie Dingle is back - and she's got a heartbreaking new story planned

We were promised an "explosive" return once before, and it looks like Emmerdale is more than ready to deliver on that promise as Debbie (Charley Webb) returns from France and lands straight into some big, heartbreaking drama.

"Debbie, she's back," MacLeod shared. "Tune in in January and you'll see her arriving into the show with a massive story chasing after her.

"She's smack bang in the middle of a big Dingle caper, and just when you think you can't catch your breath, there's a surprise that she has for us at the end that's kind of desperately sad, really heartbreaking and I think will trigger a massive storyline for her for the next 12-18 months."

2) Cain and Moira will face a massive event that will determine the future of their relationship

There's not much Cain and Moira (Natalie J Robb) haven't been through this year, but that doesn't mean next year will be any easier for this.

"Over Christmas. Cain and Moira have got a bit closer, and then exploded again, so you're probably wondering where they're going to end up by the next year," MacLeod teased. "Well, I can't tell you too much, but suffice to say we're building to a massive story for Cain, where he'll find himself being tempted by probably the person you'd least expect in the whole village.

"But fundamentally, there'll be a massive event for him and Moira to deal with later in the year that could either be the thing that brings them back together or could be the thing that ruins their relationship forever."

3) Pierce starts to reveal his darker side - and Rhona and Paddy find themselves in difficult positions

"I think a lot of you out there have started to suspect that Pierce might not be the nice guy everybody seems to think he is, or the nice guy that Rhona seems to think he is," MacLeod explained.

"In his mind, he's a normal guy, but actually we start to see a darker side of his personality come out much more obviously that puts Rhona in quite a difficult position and leaves her with some really tough dilemmas to deal with.

"Never far away from this story is Paddy. I think deep down, he's never going to stop loving Rhona, much as he might have accepted that he's lost her for good. So when she starts to face a really rough time of, we have to wonder how he's going to step in, is he going to step in and what danger might he find himself in as a result of perhaps coming to the rescue of the woman that he once loved."

4) Nicola and Jimmy's problems will resurface with a new opportunity for Nicola

J
"I have to say, Nicola and Jimmy are such fun," the producer added. "I just think they're fiery and funny and kind of truthful really, I'm really rooting for them.

"She's had her fair share of difficulties this year, with the head injury and the Mill fire and towards the early part of this year, that will resurface again in a way that will present her with a massive new opportunity.

5) Aaron wades himself into a messy situation and gets into trouble

"Early 2017, what we see from Aaron is really surprising," he teased, "he finds himself in the middle of someone else's story. So fuelled by his own turbulent feelings about Robert and a little bit of jealousy about Rebecca, he sort of wades into a situation that he probably shouldn't, gets himself in a right mess, finds himself in quite a bit of trouble and all of this only serves to remind Robert how much he loves Aaron and sharpens his eagerness to get him up the aisle.

"So the big question then becomes, will Aaron get his happy ever after? Will this big mess that he finds himself in spoil his happy day? And if they get up the aisle, how on earth will their relationship survive with the troubles that they find themselves in?

6) Is there a reunion for Zak and Lisa on the cards?

"Over Christmas, you've seen the end of Zak and Joanie and then you've seen Lisa, because she's so wounded by what Zak's done to her unable to just take him back straight away, so the question is can Zak wear her down? And how do you go about repairing a heart that you've broken that badly? Well, Zak tries his darndest.

"At times he'll find himself really close, at times he'll be a million miles away, but I think fundamentally they're a couple that just belong together - they're Butch and Sundance, the world's just not right if Zak and Lisa aren't together."

Digital Spy

alan45
31-12-2016, 12:51
No mention of the idiots at Home Farm. Hopefully the are forgotten about and left to rot in their mound of pitiful acting.

lizann
31-12-2016, 12:57
moira up duffy by pete or cain

kiwigirl
01-01-2017, 05:35
First of all, they should get rid of this idiot producer Iain MacLeod and his idiot script writers to start 2017 off with a bang. Because its obvious that they have NO fresh new stories for the coming year.

Cain & Moira - Looks like all the speculation of her being pregnant will play out. And then "Who's the Daddy BS". There could have be far better stories left for these two, other than a baby surely. And could Cain be tempted by Leyla? Hasn't he been there already? Would make sense if the baby is Petes.

The New Year eve story was crap, could have had a spectacular ending to 2016, but no it was all about Finn being dumped & childish crap from the Whites sisters. Yawn fest 2016.

Emmerdale needs to find new producers and writers asap. JMOP

lizann
03-01-2017, 01:33
cain will be tempted by kerry or emma

katie hunter
03-01-2017, 12:26
I'm really annoyed that they are continuing to string out Cain and Moira's split. By the time they do get back together (assumed to be towards the end of the year) will anyone actually give a toss? :(

tammyy2j
03-01-2017, 22:30
Is Sarah or Jack sick?

Perdita
04-01-2017, 04:52
Is Sarah or Jack sick?

Maybe Sarah has had a relapse?

Perdita
17-01-2017, 20:13
Emmerdale spoilers: Home Farm targeted in shock robbery but who’s behind it?
The Whites are about to be rocked when Home Farm is targeted in a serious robbery in Emmerdale. As they return home to find the place in chaos, the police arrive on the scene and suggest that Lachlan might be behind the incident.
But little do the Whites know that the real culprits are still at large. Could it be linked to Debbie Dingle’s return and her desperate quest for cash? Or is someone else behind it?
As the dust settles, a suspicious Chrissie reckons that Rebecca might be behind it all and a fresh war could be brewing at Home Farm.
Will the real truth come out?
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16106042_764749060340591_3769827833973000977_n.jpg ?oh=3ff2f0d4a60eee3c42baa91110b32e38&oe=58DBF754

JessicaMad
17-01-2017, 20:45
How many times does HF have to be robbed? You'd think that the Whites would install extra security what with all of the enemies they have in the village.

alcapo11
18-01-2017, 11:44
How many times does HF have to be robbed? You'd think that the Whites would install extra security what with all of the enemies they have in the village.

I'm hoping that its Ross, I want to see him return to his bad boy ways.

alcapo11
18-01-2017, 11:44

tammyy2j
18-01-2017, 11:57

I think Chrissie arranges it to frame Rebecca and Ross

alcapo11
18-01-2017, 12:58

It would be better if Rebecca paid Ross to do it, they could be Emmerdales very own Bonny and Clyde.

alcapo11
18-01-2017, 12:58

It would be better if Rebecca paid Ross to do it, they could be Emmerdales very own Bonnie and Clyde.

Perdita
19-01-2017, 04:29
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a819319/emmerdale-mystery-character-killed-off-soon-who-is-it/

Who could it be?

tammyy2j
19-01-2017, 14:03
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a819319/emmerdale-mystery-character-killed-off-soon-who-is-it/

Who could it be?

Is it Emma?

lizann
19-01-2017, 22:22
please be chrissie that dies

Perdita
26-01-2017, 19:07
Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod reveals exciting new storylines and thanks fans for NTAs win
Emmerdale may still be riding high on the euphoria of its National Television Award win for Best Serial Drama but that doesn’t mean it’s about to settle down any in terms of exciting storylines and big drama.
Producer Iain MacLeod has now opened up about what’s ahead, dropping some scintillating hints on what fans can expect to unfold over the next year.
He explained: ‘There’s big things afoot for the Dingles after Debbie’s return, which is just the beginning of big things that will propel us right through to next year. We’ve got the next big chapter in Ashley’s story – the intention there is to make the most of the fabulous writing and acting we’ve had there and find the happiness, joy and warmth in what is a sad story and give Ashley an oddly uplifting next chapter to his story.
‘There’s interesting developments for the Sharmas. Jai was just falling in love with Holly when he lost her and, I don’t know about you guys, but I felt desperately sorry for him and he tried to be a better man only to get his heart broken. So we’re telling the next chapter of that for Jai and also the Shamras more generally.
He continued: ‘We’ve got big news for Emma which will starting in the summer and building up to a big storyline towards the back of the year. It won’t be the same as the big crash we did last year – it will be every bit as riveting but with a slightly different spin on it. It will be less stunty and more story and that will play out in the autumn.
‘We’ve got a new, sexy affair kicking off in the summer time that will come out of the blue and shock a few people. It will get people talking in the village and out there in soapland. Ultimately I am hoping the storylines this year will carry on the momentum that won us the NTA and I hope that everyone enjoys them.’
And the boss was clearly still thrilled after fans voted Emmerdale to win the gong for the first time in 22 years.
He enthused: ‘It feels amazing – it’s the most exciting thing ever and we haven’t come down off the ceiling yet! The show has been on amazing form for years and it can take a long time for perceptions to change – for a long time EastEnders and Corrie were seen as the big two while Emmerdale was considered the little brother in the party. People are now starting to see that we’re up there punching with the big boys.
‘For a few years, I think that Emmerdale has been in a slightly different gear to the other soaps in terms of the quality, the speed of the storytelling and the twists and surprises. It’s a testament to our writers, storyliners and script team that we constantly have that. Of course, none of that matters if we don’t have an incredible crew to bring everything together or an amazing cast to bring the stories to life.’
Speaking directly to fans, he expressed his thanks and added: ‘To take time out of your day to register the votes for Emmerdale means you care and it matters to you like it matters to us and we’re just thrilled and couldn’t be more grateful.
‘(Last night) there was a lot of hugging, back slapping and a few tears here and there, it was an incredible night and it will stay with me forever.’

rossfan
27-01-2017, 05:54
what does it take for Iain to start talking about Ross?

Dalesfan
27-01-2017, 18:07
what does it take for Iain to start talking about Ross?

Ross to sleep with Aaron :p

lizann
16-03-2017, 19:18
does anyone think rebecca and adam for affair

alcapo11
16-03-2017, 19:35
does anyone think rebecca and adam for affair

I thought it was meant to be exciting? If Adams involved I just can't see it having that affect.

lizann
16-03-2017, 23:55
I thought it was meant to be exciting? If Adams involved I just can't see it having that affect.

:lol:

harriet and cain

Perdita
20-03-2017, 05:55
Emmerdale's Cast Changes:

Leaving:
Ashley Thomas - April/May 2017
Chas Dingle - April 2017 (M)
Carly Hope - March/April 2017 (R)

Returning:
Chas Dingle - 2018

Key:
(M) means maternity leave
(R) means rumoured exit

alcapo11
20-03-2017, 12:29
Emmerdale's Cast Changes:

Leaving:
Ashley Thomas - April/May 2017
Chas Dingle - April 2017 (M)
Carly Hope - March/April 2017 (R)

Returning:
Chas Dingle - 2018

Key:
(M) means maternity leave
(R) means rumoured exit

I wish they'd cast someone as Nanna Barton, it could be a great introduction.

lizann
20-03-2017, 16:16
yes nana barton would be good

alcapo11
20-03-2017, 19:48
yes nana barton would be good

Someone like Stepahnie Cole paying her would be brilliant. I'd love to see Ross getting told off by his gran. :lol:

katie hunter
20-03-2017, 19:54
:lol:

harriet and cain

I've heard that rumour too. If it's true it's beyond ridiculous IMO :wall:

lizann
20-03-2017, 21:00
Someone like Stepahnie Cole paying her would be brilliant. I'd love to see Ross getting told off by his gran. :lol:

barbara flynn from cracker would be also good, my pick

Perdita
05-04-2017, 13:24
With the devastating death of Ashley Thomas, the heartbreaking reveal that Faith Dingle endured a double mastectomy and the sizzling tension in Pierce Harris and Rhona Goskirk’s destructive relationship, as well as the mystery surrounding Jai Sharma’s new friend Nell, there is a lot going on in Emmerdale – and the pace of the drama isn’t likely to die down any time soon.
Metro.co.uk recently nabbed some time to chat with series producer Iain MacLeod about what lies ahead for some of the show’s biggest characters, why Emmerdale is in such a strong place and his pride around the bittersweet ending for Ashley.
Here is what he revealed to us:

Has the Ashley storyline been a particular highlight for you?

Certainly it’s up there – nearly everyone of us has some sort of direct or indirect experience of dementia so what makes me proud is when people tell us that we have got it right. I have read the letter of a lady who contacted us to say how her husband has gone into a care home and gave away his wedding ring and how our portrayal of such a similar situation has brought some daylight into her life – that kind of stuff is something that you can’t put into words. It makes viewing figures seem trivial.
What’s the secret to Emmerdale’s ongoing awards success?

I don’t want to jinx it but what I’ve always liked is the variety of stories – at times it can be very poignant, at times it can be very funny, at times it can be outright silly and it can also be sexy and shocking – most soaps aspire to having that mix all of the time and we’ve had, since before I got here, a long run of really brilliant, varied stories that are ticking all of those different boxes so I think it’s that, as far as possible, you have to try and be all things to all people. If you get that right even some of the time, then you’re halfway there.
Would you say there is there anything missing from the show?
Oddly enough, I’ve been saying I’d really like to see a character that is covered head to toe in tattoos and body piercings – I’ve no idea why! It’s not something I have discussed with anybody but that’s a character you don’t often see in soaps – somebody quite alternative would be interesting, firstly to shake up people’s preconceptions of that kind of subculture and secondly, it’s just something different visually and quite striking.
In terms of story and character mix, broadly we have a really good range from people who can carry really serious stories and people who can carry silly, comedy stories – some of those characters are the same, for instance Paddy and Marlon. They can do really silly but they can also break your heart and I think the stuff that Mark Charnock’s done in the Marlon/Carly storyline – and the stuff that’s coming up in it – is really heartbreaking. We have a really talented cast.
Can you tell us who has big storylines ahead?

Laurel

There’s a big story coming up for Charlotte Bellamy – it’s not a romance as I think that the viewers will have no appetite to see that right now at all and nor do I. The way I describe it is that when you are grieving, you are such a ball of emotion that that you can become quite tenacious and quite combative so I think we might see her butting heads against somebody quite unexpected in the near future.
Rhona and Pierce
Rhona and Pierce will continue to escalate and deteriorate. His behaviour gets more and more dark and manipulative. There’s a really huge story for them that will run right up to the end of the year.

Cain and Harriet

We have ongoing shenanigans for Cain and Harriet, which I am sure you can guess. Moira is the love of Cain’s life but there comes a point where you can only have the door shut in your face so many times before, especially when you’re Cain, male pride dictates that you need to go and get laid. What starts as a sexy, fun, naughty affair where the angel is sleeping with the devil, does turn into something more serious in a way that questions Cain’s feelings about what he wants from his romantic life. That’s really big.
Harriet has always been a really different kind of vicar – she used to be a police officer and she’s a tough cookie and that comes to play a little bit. What’s a Dingle doing not only dating a vicar but also a former copper and that does rear its head. She probably will get into trouble with the diocese to comedy effect. There’s some fun stuff coming up – a guy called Bishop Barry makes an appearance and Harriet gets her knuckles rapped!

Emma

Obviously the Barton story that kicked off last year around the big car crash is still bubbling along and the video that Ashley accidentally took is still out there and will definitely become significant as the story unfolds. So there’s big new chapters there.
Emma considers lying to be a lesser sin than killing James so she is not averse to committing a small sin to cover up the bigger one. Emma’s dead serious about her religion – she sees it as a way to absolve herself over what she did. I don’t think she is playing with it – she totally means it even if her interpretation of religion is sometimes a bit more Old Testament than Harriet’s.
We’ll play with that a little bit where Harriet is very much a modern vicar – as evidenced by her affair with Cain – and is kind of more New Testament with attitudes like turn the other cheek and love thy neighbour whereas Emma is a teeny weeny bit more Levitacus. That religious conversion that Emma has experienced is very earnest in her mind – she’s not just using that to portray herself as a better person, she really buys that but it will come to torture her in the end.

Will there be any redemption for Robert?

Yeah – there will be more bumps, thrills and spills along the way but yeah, my view is that they individually and collectively meant the vows that they said in that wedding episode but it’s never going to be a straight road with those guys; it’s going to be bumpy and tricky but ultimately they will definitely make it out the other side.
Can you tell us anything about Nell and Jai’s story?
I can’t say too much but to Jai, she is a promise of redemption and a chance to do again what he didn’t do right by Holly and the question becomes does he fall for her because he is falling for her or is it because he is trying to turn her into Holly or she is becoming Holly in his imagination? It’s just a story about him trying to find redemption with somebody who reminds him of a lost love. Some of the stuff is really poignant – it felt like unfinished business for Jai when Holly died as I don’t think anyone really knew he was even with her at the time. It felt right to revisit that and give him a second shot of happiness I suppose.

kiwigirl
08-04-2017, 23:52
Fair enough, I'd agree and say that Cain can only take so much with Moira giving him the cold shoulder. But Harriet, really? Come on couldn't the show execs afford a new actress that could play Cains love interest. Causing an upset Moira to finally wake the hell up and fight for her husband. How the hell is Moira going to compete with the local Vicar? OMG That new producer should be let go to go and ruin some other show. JMO

katie hunter
09-04-2017, 08:46
Fair enough, I'd agree and say that Cain can only take so much with Moira giving him the cold shoulder. But Harriet, really? Come on couldn't the show execs afford a new actress that could play Cains love interest. Causing an upset Moira to finally wake the hell up and fight for her husband. How the hell is Moira going to compete with the local Vicar? OMG That new producer should be let go to go and ruin some other show. JMO

I agree, the whole Cain and Harriet pairing just sounds like the new producer has drawn two names out of hat, there is no chemistry between them at all. If Cain had a fling with Chrissie or some new character I could understand but Harriet is a deffo no from me. If anything I think it should be Moira who has a new love interest to show Cain what he has lost, instead we have Cain being allowed to rub her nose in it all over again.

All of this nonsense about Cain having to make a heartbreaking decision about what he wants out of life is a complete rehash from last years storyline with Charity. It's a shame that the writers clearly can't come up with anything more creative for Cain, Moira or Harriet - who hasn't had a storyline for months and the best they can come up with is a bunk up with Cain - yawn.

Sheeratty
10-04-2017, 11:23
All of this nonsense about Cain having to make a heartbreaking decision about what he wants out of life is a complete rehash from last years storyline with Charity. It's a shame that the writers clearly can't come up with anything more creative for Cain, Moira or Harriet - who hasn't had a storyline for months and the best they can come up with is a bunk up with Cain - yawn.

Totally agree. He rejected Charity, his long time on/off lover and mother of his daughter because he loved Moira so much even though he knew it would probably never happen yet we are supposed to believe that he would get serious about Harriet? :hmm: Cain/Harriet is basically a re-hash of Cain/Angie from over 15 years ago. The 'good' morally righteous policewoman. It was a whole big mix of Cain hating the Reynolds (wanting revenge for Butch) and him genuinely falling for her. It worked because they had chemistry and there was a reason it happened (he hated her husband)...Cain/Harriet is just no chemistry and no reason apart from giving Cain something to do cos the show has no imagination apart from babies and who is sleeping with who.

I also feel sorry for the actor who can't seem to get a story that doesn't revolve around affairs/having sex with someone. Give him something new to do ffs.

Perdita
22-04-2017, 15:59
Emmerdale producer Iain MacLeod has revealed exciting details of a new character set to cause a stir in the Dales.

He’s planning to bring a bit of an edge to the countryside as he welcomes someone “covered head to toe in tattoos.”

In a village full of murderers, adulterers, domestic abusers, and criminals, Iain thinks things are a little too “ordinary” at the moment and it needs spicing up.

Speaking to The Mirror, he explained he’s after “some sort of heavily tattooed, body pierced, alternative person”.

He went on to admit: “Our characters are all, in their own way, ordinary, I don’t imagine any of them have any intimate piercings or secret tattoos.

“I just want someone covered head to toe in tattoos who will terrify the older characters but turn out to have a heart of gold.”

With big stories at the moment such as Ashley Thomas’s death after suffering from dementia, Pierce Harris’s abuse of wife-to-be Rhona, and Cain Dingle’s affair with vicar Harriet Finch, a bit of colour might be just what they need to lighten the mood.

I just want someone covered head to toe in tattoos who will terrify the older characters but turn out to have a heart of gold.
Iain also told the publication: “I feel like we’ve got a really good balance of heartbreaking stories like Ashley’s dementia and other stories coming up like Faith’s breast cancer.

“I’m a big fan of the funny stuff. Soap, for me, has always been really heartbreaking stuff mixed with classic Northern humour.

“We’ve got tons of really funny stuff coming up in the future.”

With the news evil Pierce is set to attack Rhona on their wedding night, we’re definitely going to need something lighthearted.

Pierce was stunned last night by the arrival of his mum, Martha, and it turns out she knows more than a few secrets about him that he wants to keep hidden.

With a possible exit looming for the dangerous lawyer, let’s hope Rhona gets away from him before it’s too late.

And then maybe she can find love with the tattooed person set to mix things up!

alcapo11
23-04-2017, 10:58
Emmerdale producer Iain MacLeod has revealed exciting details of a new character set to cause a stir in the Dales.

He’s planning to bring a bit of an edge to the countryside as he welcomes someone “covered head to toe in tattoos.”

In a village full of murderers, adulterers, domestic abusers, and criminals, Iain thinks things are a little too “ordinary” at the moment and it needs spicing up.

Speaking to The Mirror, he explained he’s after “some sort of heavily tattooed, body pierced, alternative person”.

He went on to admit: “Our characters are all, in their own way, ordinary, I don’t imagine any of them have any intimate piercings or secret tattoos.

“I just want someone covered head to toe in tattoos who will terrify the older characters but turn out to have a heart of gold.”

With big stories at the moment such as Ashley Thomas’s death after suffering from dementia, Pierce Harris’s abuse of wife-to-be Rhona, and Cain Dingle’s affair with vicar Harriet Finch, a bit of colour might be just what they need to lighten the mood.

I just want someone covered head to toe in tattoos who will terrify the older characters but turn out to have a heart of gold.
Iain also told the publication: “I feel like we’ve got a really good balance of heartbreaking stories like Ashley’s dementia and other stories coming up like Faith’s breast cancer.

“I’m a big fan of the funny stuff. Soap, for me, has always been really heartbreaking stuff mixed with classic Northern humour.

With the news evil Pierce is set to attack Rhona on their wedding night, we’re definitely going to need something lighthearted.

Pierce was stunned last night by the arrival of his mum, Martha, and it turns out she knows more than a few secrets about him that he wants to keep hidden.

With a possible exit looming for the dangerous lawyer, let’s hope Rhona gets away from him before it’s too late.

So he thinks that someone covered in tattoos and piercings means they're "edgy"?

David has quite a few tattoos and he's the one of the most boring characters. Every interview this producer has done just hasn't filled me with confidence at all.

I also hate the fact that he goes on record to reassure Robron fans that "everything will work out". I honestly believe that he thinks every single Emmerdale viewer is a fan of them. Well Iain should really start looking at forums if he wants a well rounded opinion on them. I think he'd get a shock.

JessicaMad
23-04-2017, 15:00

I don't like the idea of more "funny stuff." I don't mind a bit of comdedy but if it's anything like Tracy's god awful book plot then I'm not keen.

Sheeratty
27-04-2017, 18:13
Looks like Lawrence is leaving ED

Perdita
27-04-2017, 18:32
Looks like Lawrence is leaving ED

Well, he has become a waste of character recently and I am fed up with him supporting one daughter, then the other and why is nobody worried about Lachlan being back under their roof? Hope they keep the gun cabinet well locked

Perdita
28-04-2017, 12:53
Emmerdale is upping the sex factor by introducing a brand new hunk to the village later this year.

The new arrival will be connected to the Dingle family, but show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about further details – including which members he'll be interacting with – until nearer the time.

Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod let the news slip at a press day this week when asked about future castings to watch out for.

He explained: "There's a big story that will be rooted in the Dingle family that will require a sexy young thing to appear, but I can't say too much more."

Don't worry, he did reveal a little bit more...

Iain added: "It will be kicking off in about September time, it's a male. It's a new sexy, brooding male lead."

Emmerdale insiders have confirmed that the actor playing the new arrival has yet to be cast, so an announcement on who lands the role may still be a while off.

He may not be the only new character joining, after Iain previously expressed a surprising desire to introduce a villager who'd be covered head to toes in tattoos.

Speaking to Digital Spy about separate plans earlier this month, Iain laughed: "Oddly enough, I've been saying I'd really like to see a character that is covered head to toe in tattoos and body piercings - I've no idea why.

"It's not something I have discussed with anybody but that's a character you don't often see in soaps - somebody quite alternative would be interesting, firstly to shake up people's preconceptions of that kind of subculture and secondly, it's just something different visually and quite striking."

Digital Spy

alcapo11
28-04-2017, 13:06
Emmerdale is upping the sex factor by introducing a brand new hunk to the village later this year.

The new arrival will be connected to the Dingle family, but show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about further details – including which members he'll be interacting with – until nearer the time.

Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod let the news slip at a press day this week when asked about future castings to watch out for.

He explained: "There's a big story that will be rooted in the Dingle family that will require a sexy young thing to appear, but I can't say too much more."

Don't worry, he did reveal a little bit more...

Iain added: "It will be kicking off in about September time, it's a male. It's a new sexy, brooding male lead."

Emmerdale insiders have confirmed that the actor playing the new arrival has yet to be cast, so an announcement on who lands the role may still be a while off.

He may not be the only new character joining, after Iain previously expressed a surprising desire to introduce a villager who'd be covered head to toes in tattoos.

Speaking to Digital Spy about separate plans earlier this month, Iain laughed: "Oddly enough, I've been saying I'd really like to see a character that is covered head to toe in tattoos and body piercings - I've no idea why.

"It's not something I have discussed with anybody but that's a character you don't often see in soaps - somebody quite alternative would be interesting, firstly to shake up people's preconceptions of that kind of subculture and secondly, it's just something different visually and quite striking."

Digital Spy

I think this is Ross' replacement, and if it is that will be the final straw for me.

Sheeratty
28-04-2017, 13:32
None of this stuff appeals to me. I like the Dingles but focus on the ones already there don't bring in new ones! Especially as there are already several characters like that description in the show already. Also I have no interest in Aaron and Robert and their second wedding. What has happened with this show??

kiwigirl
29-04-2017, 03:15
If hes a Dingle could it be Zacks son that he never knew existed from his time aboard? Where did go Argentina?

Perdita
29-04-2017, 05:04
If hes a Dingle could it be Zacks son that he never knew existed from his time aboard? Where did go Argentina?

Rumour has it that it is a brother to Cain and Chas

kiwigirl
29-04-2017, 09:04

So he will be Shadrach son? I wonder who he'd be paired with? Hopefully Vanessa as she is the Village spinster. But most likely a White sister or both? TPTB will need to give these two bimbos a storyline. JMO

alcapo11
29-04-2017, 11:53
So he will be Shadrach son? I wonder who he'd be paired with? Hopefully Vanessa as she is the Village spinster. But most likely a White sister or both? TPTB will need to give these two bimbos a storyline. JMO

Another Dingle? Seriously, this show is just one massive joke. Very soon the village will consist only of Dingles and Sugdens.

lizann
29-04-2017, 12:17

faye's son, was she pregnant when leaving shadders?

could tina dingle have a son, get her back too

Kim
29-04-2017, 13:34

He has to be a son of Faith to be a brother to both Cain and Chas (due to their being half (or three quarter to be precise) siblings.)

Hopefully Shadrach's (or Zak's if they have to) or there would really be no point. The Dingles have accepted Liv (and I like that they brought her in rather than adding another convoluted branch to the family tree) but you can see why. They'd have no reason to accept a son of Faith if he was neither Shadrach's nor Zak's, or any other Dingle; the son would not then be a Dingle and they don't even like Faith.

I'd end up feeling quite sorry for Shadrach if his brother turned out to have more children with his wife than he did.

Sheeratty
01-05-2017, 15:17
Emmerdale barely makes sense anymore so I imagine he will be Faiths son and he will stick around wanting a relationship with his half siblings even though they hate their mum..I cant see much point in bringing in a son of shadrach and I doubt faith had yet another child with zak

Perdita
01-05-2017, 17:23
Emmerdale barely makes sense anymore so I imagine he will be Faiths son and he will stick around wanting a relationship with his half siblings even though they hate their mum..I cant see much point in bringing in a son of shadrach and I doubt faith had yet another child with zak

Well, Zak went to South America for couple of years .. maybe he had a relationship which resulted in him having another bairn? :searchme:

JessicaMad
02-05-2017, 18:24
I don't like the sound of any of these...I don't think I'll be watching :( It all sounds so repetitive and boring.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/feature/a827335/emmerdale-characters-to-watch-out-for/

Perdita
03-05-2017, 05:44
Sex scandal, killer exit and murder reveal: 13 huge Emmerdale spoilers revealed in our summer preview

Doesn’t time fly? It doesn’t feel like any time at all since we were teasing the big events in our spring preview – and now everything has changed massively. Ashley has gone, Robert has slept with Rebecca, Cain is suddenly getting to grips with Harriet, Rhona’s life has been shattered and Victoria and Adam are on the brink of becoming the next doomed Dales couple.
But the drama never stops and those wanting a bit of respite from action, angst and twists aren’t about to get a restful summer – with shock exits, murder secrets, betrayal discoveries, baby dramas, knife crime, new passion and a blast from the past, there’s plenty to come.
So here’s your big summer preview for what lies ahead:

Rhona reports Pierce
Rhona’s storyline will follow through the legal process as she bravely summons the courage to report Pierce for rape – but with Pierce set to remain as odious and horrific as ever, will she be able to cope with the harrowing fight ahead? And will she come clean to her friends and loved ones about what she went through so that they can support her in her battle?
Speaking about the path that the storyline will take, boss Iain MacLeod told Metro.co.uk: ‘Ultimately abusers don’t stop being abusers because they get caught, the result will be that Rhona will ultimately see through the course of action she started this week and we will follow the story through due legal process.
‘Within all that Pierce is a controlling man and the tragic reality of the situation is that those men don’t really stop and therefore we felt a responsibility that we had to show Pierce’s behaviour continuing, albeit in a slightly different form. In short, we’ll be playing it out through and over the summer and hopefully finding an outcome that will prove vital redemption for Rhona.’

The truth will out
The secret that Robert and Rebecca slept together has been a ticking timebomb ever since that fateful episode and it’s all set to hit the fan when Robron return to our screens later this month. But how will Aaron learn the truth and how on earth can their relationship survive this?
Teasing a big and dramatic episode ahead, Iain explained: ‘There’s a state of the nation type, hour long episode where their relationship is hanging in the balance. I hope it will answer some of the concerns the ardent Robron fans have about the direction that the story is taking.’
Rebecca’s decision
Whether or not Robert and Aaron stick together or are torn apart, Rebecca remains pregnant and the big elephant in the room is what the future will hold for the trio. What will Rebecca decide for the future of her unborn child and will Robert play a big part in the life of his offspring? And how might Aaron feel about it all?
While Iain confirmed that Rebecca will not be pursuing any kind of romantic future with Robert, the issue of the baby will likely keep their worlds intertwined – but can they all reach a solution or is there more angst and conflict ahead?

Emma caught out?
That video tape is still out there – and it can only be a matter of time before the truth about James’ death is exposed. At the moment, Emma is trying to find redemption through religion but secrets can’t stay buried forever – and Laurel may be instrumental in the killer’s downfall.
Iain said: ‘There is another story going on with Laurel which will play out over the summer – that’s tied into the resurfacing of the Ashley and Emma video. That’s as much as I can say on that score, but Laurel’s got a lot coming up.
Show boss reveals what comes next for the killer
‘One of the things I was conscious of when Ashley died and John left that we didn’t end up in a situation where Charlotte is just drumming her fingers wondering where her next story is coming from, so I’m pleased to report she’ll be busy.’

Charriet get serious
It’s a couple that are so far dividing fans – with many viewers electrified by the surprise pairing of Cain and Harriet while others are willing for Cain to return to Moira. However, there is much more mileage in Charriet yet and the fun and mischief will soon become a lot more serious as they grow closer. But could there still be hope for Coira?
Speaking late last year, Iain said: ‘Suffice to say we’re building to a massive story for Cain, where he’ll find himself being tempted by probably the person you’d least expect in the whole village. That’s not all either – a huge event will be the catalyst for more drama for the couple and could be what destroys them or finally pulls them back together.
‘Fundamentally, there’ll be a massive event for him and Moira to deal with later in the year that could either be the thing that brings them back together or could be the thing that ruins their relationship forever.’

The end for Adam and Victoria?
Adam’s recent kiss with Vanessa is set to come back and bite him – and Emma’s discovery of his moment of weakness could be the catalyst for Vadam hitting the rocks. Can the couple make it through the turbulent times ahead.
Isabel Hodgins warned that it will be a hard pill for Victoria to swallow, telling us: ‘Her initial reaction is disbelief and then heartbreak because of everything that they’ve been through – the disappointment of not being able to have a baby, then the “how could you have done this to us?” I think she’s heartbroken more than seeking revenge.’

Pete feels the heat
Remember the mention of that other summer affair that lay ahead which would see a man torn between two women? Well it seems like Pete may well be involved in that as Iain has suggested he has a passionate and sexy story ahead – though we’re sworn to secrecy over who may turn his head while he is still with Leyla. Could he be tempted by Moira again – or is there someone else on the horizon?
Teasing the affair recently, Iain said: ‘There’s a love triangle that kicks off over the summer and it crash lands out of the blue. It’s two people that you wouldn’t have necessarily thought would embark on such a wild, crazy liaison.
‘It’s sexy, destructive and also kind of funny – it’s a man and two women and the bloke haplessly gets stuck between two people that he can’t choose between which will be good fun.’

Can Jai trust Nell?
Jai is determined to do all that he can to save Nell and, the more that we find out about her, the more that we realise just how much support she needs – but is Jai just being taken for a ride? And could there be romance set to blossom between the pair?
We have already discovered that Nell has a baby daughter out there who was taken from her and there’s certainly more to explore there. But with many fans speculating that Nell’s backstory is a scam to trick Jai following the loss of Holly, the drama is just beginning.
We’d kind of like Nell to be genuine but whether or not we get our wish is another thing entirely…

Dan faces big challenges
Dan froze to the spot when Eric was attacked in a violent robbery and the aftermath of his actions (or lack of) are set to plague him – especially when Josh and Jamie threaten Amelia in order to get him to withdraw a statement from the police.
As Eric and David turn against Dan, the village is beset by the thugs once more and, as they feel like they are invulnerable, will Dan be forced to take action to sort the mess out?

Carly’s blast from the past
When Carly comes across the profile of a person she knows very well on social media, it brings back some memories from the past – but is the person in question set to come back into her life and might it cause some problems between herself and Marlon?
Recently, we saw Carly have itchy feet when she considered moving abroad for a job so just how stable is this relationship?

Gunning for trouble?
John Bowe recently confirmed rumours that he was set to leave Emmerdale later this year and this has sparked up the rumours of a gun spree once again. It was reported earlier this year that Lachlan would be pushed too far and lash out in the most horrific way, killing his grandfather and Emma Barton in a shocking rampage.
This remains completely unconfirmed but, if true, summer could have a very bloody ending. And, either way, Lawrence is heading out of the show – so where will this leave Ronnie and the Whites who are left behind?

Look out Belle?
Speaking of Lachlan, fans are troubled to see his bond with Belle being restored – but if these rumours that he will go off the rails are true, then should she be extremely worried? Lachlan’s history certainly says so – given that he committed sexual assault on Alicia and has already shot Lawrence once, he is a deeply disturbed character who could seemingly turn at any moment.
It remains to be seen how far Belle and Lachlan’s friendship will go but we’re with Zak on this one – stay well away, Belle!

New Dingle hunk!
This may not quite be in time for the end of summer considering that a casting hasn’t been finalised but the Dingle family are about to get another injection in the form of a brooding new hunk. No other details have been released yet – is he actually a Dingle or just linked to someone? Speculation suggests someone from Faith’s recent past or someone Debbie met in France but, for now, guesswork is all we have to go on.
Given the length of time that we waited between the announcement of Faith’s character and the first appearance of Sally Dexter, who knows when this may transpire. But it’s certainly something to look forward to – even if this summer heat actually becomes something to thaw the chill of winter.

alcapo11
03-05-2017, 11:03
Might be time for me to finally switch off for good then....

JessicaMad
03-05-2017, 15:56
Might be time for me to finally switch off for good then....
I already have, and my life feels much better for it. It's not like I'm missing anything good.

alcapo11
03-05-2017, 16:59
I already have, and my life feels much better for it. It's not like I'm missing anything good.

Not one good storyline to look forward to, the "love stories" sound especially bad. The producer has already said that Moira is the love of Cains life, so his thing with Harriet is already undermined. Then we have Pete cheating on Leyla... honestly, who cares? We've barely seen them as a couple so why even bother?

Then ofcourse we have Robron, another storyline we know the outcome of as the producer has felt the need to reassure Robron fans (as he seems to think we are all die hard Robron fans who sit on twitter all day tweeting about them).

I'll watch the rest of this week as Ross is in the episodes but after that I probably won't for a while.

JessicaMad
03-05-2017, 17:05
Not one good storyline to look forward to, the "love stories" sound especially bad. The producer has already said that Moira is the love of Cains life, so his thing with Harriet is already undermined. Then we have Pete cheating on Leyla... honestly, who cares? We've barely seen them as a couple so why even bother?

Then ofcourse we have Robron, another storyline we know the outcome of as the producer has felt the need to reassure Robron fans (as he seems to think we are all die hard Robron fans who sit on twitter all day tweeting about them).

I'll watch the rest of this week as Ross is in the episodes but after that I probably won't for a while.

Exactly. This producer tells us the end of the storylines so we are just left biding our time and not being able to invest in any story because we know how it ends anyway, everything in between is just filler. Pete is a non-character, and yeah they need to make us care about him and Leyla before they think we will give a damn about him cheating on her, most likely with his own auntie. New Dingle Hunk = Boring and unoriginal, that family already dominates the show way too much. I've read over these articles so many times looking for one positive thing, and there is literally nothing.

As for the Emma reveal, I'm fast losing interest. There have been so many fake outs, there was the Faith stuff, and now there is that daft scene coming up where the footage plays in the Thomas' house but they don't see it because they are chasing Arthur's hamster :wall: And now it sounds like her exit will be related to a character who I don't think she has ever had a scene with.

Perdita
04-07-2017, 17:26
Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod has revealed four tantalising spoiler secrets that fans can look forward to over the coming months.

Those following Emmerdale's Instagram story today (July 4) will have seen Iain exclusively reveal an explosive twist in the autumn, an issue-based story that will run into the New Year, and a big new plot for Aaron and Liv.

"There is a really massive surprise coming October," he said. "This is something that even the character it happens to hasn't seen coming.

"It will tilt the whole Emmerdale universe on its axis. There are a couple of characters who are going to get a massive shock."

He added: "Running into the New Year we are going to tell a really serious issue-led story. This will be heartbreaking, and true, and really relatable for the audience.

"There is also something big going off for Aaron and Liv – this is a big story for her that will allow her to stretch her acting muscles."

Iain also teased that there could be a crucial "changing of the guards" at one of the main locations, and revealed more gossip on the show's new hunk (who FYI is definitely not a Dingle).

"There will be a big change to one of our big sets in terms of who rules the roost in it," he explained. "There will be a power struggle that will involve a changing of the guards for one of our key sets. It's massively exciting.

"We've also got a new arrival. We have seen in the press that it's apparently a Dingle – I can reveal that it's not a Dingle actually, but it's connected to the Dingle family in a way that I think people will find really interesting.

"He is going to be sexy and dangerous and one of our characters is going to get their heart trampled on."

Emmerdale airs weeknights at 7pm on ITV, with an extra episode at 8pm on Thursdays.

Digital Spy

SomersetSunShin
05-07-2017, 03:13
Cain Dingle {played by Jeff Hordley} to be killed off later this year by a re-occuring Brain Aneurysm short illness due to exit 2017 http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/627218/Emmerdale-spoilers-Cain-Dingle-leaving-future-storyline-hopes

Emma Barton {played by Gillian Kearney} to be killed off and to leave show in 2017 confirmed by Emmerdale at The Soap Awards 2017

Lawrence White {played by John Bowe} to be killed off by Chrissie White's Uncle Tim at the end of July 2017 his exit was announced at 2017 Soap Awards

Adam Barton {played by Adam Thomas} Confirmed via Emmerdale twitter he is to leave the show in early January 2018

and now RUMOURED to be leaving Emmerdale earlier than expected is Ryan Hawley{who plays Robert Sugden according to Daily Star Newspaper} http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/613337/robert-sugden-leaving-emmerdale-ryan-hawley-aaron-dingle

SomersetSunShin
05-07-2017, 03:32
Iain MacLeod Emmerdale Producer said yesterday the new hunk is NOT Dingle related but is known by them and Debbie, but Emmerdale have obviously forgotten their information as remember Debbie was NOT the ONLY one to go to France, as Andy Sugden went to France when he was on the run after being framed by Chrissie White, Aaron Dingle also visited France for 3 weeks or 4 weeks to see an export contact in Calais France during Hollys Death scenes but he returned in time for Holly's funeral.

they have also posted a photo of old Emmerdale star Cameron Murray {played by Dominic Power} killing Gennie Walker {played by Sian Reese-Williams} now yesterday I did tweet Sian Reese Williams her asking if she was back on the show and she told me NO, I have since deleted those tweets I sent her so you won't see her responses to me on her twitter feed anymore.

connyben
05-07-2017, 06:54
There is nothing in the story that says that Jeff Hordley is leaving. Doubt Ryan Hawley will leave this year as well.

mariba
05-07-2017, 09:39
Well if Jeff (cain) leaves they may as well finish the whole emmerdale.

JessicaMad
05-07-2017, 10:42
Well if Jeff (cain) leaves they may as well finish the whole emmerdale.

Why? The show has survived without him before.

SomersetSunShin
05-07-2017, 10:57
There is nothing in the story that says that Jeff Hordley is leaving. Doubt Ryan Hawley will leave this year as well.

Jeff Hordley{who plays TV Character Cain Dingle} is leaving we think around September 2017 time, he is killed off by a re-occuring or returning Brain Aneurysm

kiwigirl
05-07-2017, 11:10
Well if there is any truth in Jeff Hordley leaving, who could blame him. I've been bangin on about this new producer Iain MacLeod for a while now. His "excitement" over B.S storylines, its a wonder why the whole cast doesnt just up and leave.

So this Iain MacLeod should be the one to be killed off. LOL

helena1414
05-07-2017, 11:20
Well I stopped watching Emmerdale last time Jeff left the show. This new producer is a disaster.

alcapo11
05-07-2017, 12:13

Exactly, no character or actor is bigger than the show.

connyben
05-07-2017, 13:20
Where do you see that line? Can´t find it.

mariba
05-07-2017, 17:25

It may well have, but all I know is that I won't be watching in that case and loads of people feel the same. He's been away long periods before, that's fine and quite understandable that actors/actresses have their lives to live with own problems as well and maybe want to try other projects etc. But Cain leaving completely would be such a shock for me that I just couldn't watch Emmerdale after that. There wouldn't be anything left in it. For me Dingles are Emmerdale and he's meant to be the 'head of the clan' at the moment.

kiwigirl
05-07-2017, 19:28
It may well have, but all I know is that I won't be watching in that case and loads of people feel the same. He's been away long periods before, that's fine and quite understandable that actors/actresses have their lives to live with own problems as well and maybe want to try other projects etc. But Cain leaving completely would be such a shock for me that I just couldn't watch Emmerdale after that. There wouldn't be anything left in it. For me Dingles are Emmerdale and he's meant to be the 'head of the clan' at the moment.

Exactly! I for one will turn off if Cain dies. He was given the mantle to head the Dingle Family, but since he hooked up with the Vicar we hardly see him. And I think that if actors leave its down to the writers and producers not giving their characters better stories. And like I've said before, most of the members of Soapboard can write far better stories with an in-depth thought to where that story will take that certain character. Not all this BS that we've have been watching lately. JMO

lizann
05-07-2017, 19:42
cain is too big a character to be killed off

alcapo11
05-07-2017, 23:18
cain is too big a character to be killed off

I disagree, it would initially be a shock and there would be a bit of a backlash but in time viewers would get over it.

I don't think Cain will get killed off by the way, there's absolutely no chance IMO but people would get over it eventually.

Perdita
06-07-2017, 04:40
Jonathan Wrather, John McArdle, Louise Marwood and Thomas Atkinson have become the latest to leave Emmerdale.

A soap source told The Sun: “The cast of Emmerdale are starting to feel concerned for the show’s future as one by one all of the regulars are leaving.

Only obvious that these characters would have to go ... the White family and Ronnie have no place to stay once Lachlan kills Lawrence and goes back to jail, it would be unreasonable for Chrissie and Rebecca and Ronnie to stay and Pearce will also be in jail for raping Rhona ... doubt Cain will be killed off though and I hope he will not. Would like him and Faith and Chas to get close

mariba
06-07-2017, 08:41
Iain MacLeod should be the only one walking out. I just read that he's the reason why all the actors want to leave!

tammyy2j
06-07-2017, 14:11
I would like Ronnie to stay, I like his friendship with Lisa, bring in his brother and his family and give him a new love interest

SomersetSunShin
07-07-2017, 02:00
Jonathan Wrather, John McArdle, Louise Marwood and Thomas Atkinson have become the latest to leave Emmerdale.

A soap source told The Sun: “The cast of Emmerdale are starting to feel concerned for the show’s future as one by one all of the regulars are leaving.

Only obvious that these characters would have to go ... the White family and Ronnie have no place to stay once Lachlan kills Lawrence and goes back to jail, it would be unreasonable for Chrissie and Rebecca and Ronnie to stay and Pearce will also be in jail for raping Rhona ... doubt Cain will be killed off though and I hope he will not. Would like him and Faith and Chas to get close

Jonathan Wrather{Pierce Harris} let slip by accident during a Good Morning Britain Interview back on 20th October 2016 that he was being written out of the show when his storyline finished in 2017.

Louise Marwood{Chrissie White} wrote on twitter back on August 16th 2016 that she had signed a 1 year Emmerdale Contract Extension{unless she has signed a new one in the mean time} which would mean her current Emmerdale contract runs out at midnight on 16th August 2017.

Thomas Atkinson{Lachlan White} had originally sparked fears he had left the Emmerdale show quietly after he had got sent down for shooting his on screen Grandad Lawrence White{John Bowe} back earlier last year with comments he wrote on twitter which he later deleted.

John McArdle {Ronnie Hale}'s Emmerdale Departure was originally kept quiet until Dan Wootton of the Sun Newspaper confirmed his departure from the show then John McArdle said he was leaving the show on a cliff hanger.

Adam Thomas{Adam Barton} denied he was leaving the Emmerdale show for months that was up until Emmerdale released a statement on their twitter and facebook pages confirming he would be exiting the show in January 2018

Carly Hope{Gemma Atkinson} and her on screen boyfriend Matt{Jack Hickley} were wrote out of the show back in June 2017 as Gemma is going back to Hollyoaks.

John Bowe{ Lawrence White} and Gillian Kearney{Emma Barton} both confirmed they were being killed off and leaving Emmerdale sometime this year during interviews at the Soap Awards 2017.

Ruffed_lemur
07-07-2017, 16:30
I thought Pierce was always meant to be a temporary character anyway? So not really surprised. I would have liked him to stay had he not been a rapist though. Pity he turned out this way.

SomersetSunShin
09-07-2017, 19:12
apparently now Priya is pregnant with Pete Barton's baby according to this ... https://twitter.com/foetusinscrubs/status/884041906644283393

Moira is also suspected pregnant with Cain's baby

Bella is also suspected pregnant with Lachlan White's baby

and we already know that Rebecca White is carrying Robert Sugden's son.

ooohhhhh this just keeps getting better and better ... brilliant ... NOT

Perdita
09-07-2017, 20:00
Could a Mod please move this to Emmerdale 2017 please, thank you

lizann
10-07-2017, 22:06
apparently now Priya is pregnant with Pete Barton's baby according to this ... https://twitter.com/foetusinscrubs/status/884041906644283393

Moira is also suspected pregnant with Cain's baby

Bella is also suspected pregnant with Lachlan White's baby

and we already know that Rebecca White is carrying Robert Sugden's son.

ooohhhhh this just keeps getting better and better ... brilliant ... NOT

do we know for sure becca baby is robert's

SomersetSunShin
11-07-2017, 02:41
yes Emmerdale have already said Rebecca's baby is Roberts. as the ONLY other person that we know Rebecca White has slept with or shagged in the show was Ross Barton and that was in the toilets of the Woolpack Pub back on 13th January 2017 and Chrissie White caught them at it which would tenchnically make her 26 weeks pregnant of as of today {Tuesday 11th July 2017} and she would be due to give birth on Monday 16th October 2017 if it was Ross's baby.

alcapo11
11-07-2017, 12:51
yes Emmerdale have already said Rebecca's baby is Roberts. as the ONLY other person that we know Rebecca White has slept with or shagged in the show was Ross Barton and that was in the toilets of the Woolpack Pub back on 13th January 2017 and Chrissie White caught them at it which would tenchnically make her 26 weeks pregnant of as of today {Tuesday 11th July 2017} and she would be due to give birth on Monday 16th October 2017 if it was Ross's baby.

But we know that Ross and Rebecca had sex many times after that first encounter. It's very likely to be Roberts but Ross shouldn't 100% be ruled out because they used protection.

tammyy2j
11-07-2017, 13:33
I think Rebecca really wants the baby to be Robert's as she has not taken a test to prove it is his just for fear it could be Ross, I know it only takes one time but I assume her and Ross had many sessions

SomersetSunShin
11-07-2017, 14:40
Ross and Rebecca have ONLY kissed on and off since their 1st sexual encounter

tammyy2j
11-07-2017, 14:55
Ross and Rebecca have ONLY kissed on and off since their 1st sexual encounter

Ross does not seem like a guy happy to stay just kissing, he is man he needs looking after :p

I am sure Ross and Rebecca have done the deed way more than once, was he not caught with her at Home Farm too

Perdita
12-08-2017, 05:45
Emmerdale boss teases explosive week-long story — are the Barton family in trouble?
Following the success of last year's Road of Doom stunt week on Emmerdale, the ITV soap is planning yet another shocker to air this autumn.
Fans will remember that Emma Barton (Gillian Kearney) put the lives of a dozen villagers at risk last October when she frantically shoved James Barton (Bill Ward) into the way of busy motorway traffic, leading to a massive pile-up.
Emmerdale producer Iain MacLeod has now confirmed to Digital Spy and other media that he's been working on a dramatic week-long story for this year that builds off of Emma's deadly mistake from 2016.
"I don't want to tell you which characters it involves, but it sort of builds on – and stems from – the events of last year's big autumn set piece," MacLeod hinted. "There'll be similar stylistic quirks to it, as there were last year.
"I don't want to give too much away for obvious reasons, because part of last year's success was that there were surprises galore and there will be similar this time."
As for whether this story will include any stunts, MacLeod clarified: "Yes and no. There's an action component to it, but I think last year's spectacular was such a massive action set piece with so much stunt work in it, that while we did toy with the idea of topping that, I don't quite know how you would do that without looking a bit ridiculous.
"There's a danger of trying to top it. We've gone down a slightly different route, so the action is equally dramatic, but kind of more intense and more intimate but focusing on a smaller group of people, rather than crashing as many vehicles as we can get our hands on, which I admit was fun and tempting to repeat, but you can't go there twice."
With Emma Barton's scheming nearing a breaking point, could we see a family tragedy during this very special week of programming? Time will tell…

Perdita
10-09-2017, 11:07
There seems set to be huge horror ahead for one Emmerdale favourite as the soap is set to tackle the difficult and topical issue of acid attacks. Reports are suggesting that one main character will fall victim to a deplorable and life changing assault although there is no confirmation on who is at risk.
Lately, the crime of acid attacks has hit the press more after a spate of horrific incidents across the UK, particularly in London. With Iain MacLeod recently revealing that an issue led story will be tackled in 2018, could this be what he was referring to?
Whispers claim that the storyline will take place in the next few months, as the popular soap runs a plotline that will be highly discussed following strong responses to Ashley’s dementia and the rape suffered by Rhona at the hands of her husband Pierce.

Metro.co.uk have reached out to representatives of the show for comment but, as ever, they don’t comment on speculation around future storylines.
As is stands, Metro.co.uk can offer no further details on what the plotline may entail but suffice to say that there are a number of strong scenes ahead as 2017 draws to a close.

Emmerdale has plotted out a dramatic autumn and winter for core character groups and there are a number of shocking twists to play out.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/10/emmerdale-spoilers-acid-attack-horror-lined-up-for-one-villager-6915740/#ixzz4sGkMB8W3

lizann
10-09-2017, 16:56
is this for liv?

Perdita
10-09-2017, 18:06
is this for liv?

There is speculation it is

SomersetSunShin
14-09-2017, 03:24
I honestly don't think the acid attack story line will be for Liv.

I think that acid attack story line will either be for ...

1: Jacob and its Josh who does it {as revenge payback for stitching him up to the Police}

2: Chrissie hires Ross Barton to do it to Robert {as revenge for him sleeping with Aaron whilst they were married and then for driving her and her family out of the village}

3: Jason returns and it looks like Cain is the victim as revenge for Cain beating Jason up but there is a twist ... Robert steps in front of Cain last minute to save him from getting hurt as Robert will think of it as punishment for everything he's done over the years {re: causing Katie's death 2015, almost having Chas killed by a hitman until he changed his mind last minute 2015, almost killing Paddy and Aaron at the lodge as well as threatening Leo 2015, telling Adam to stay away from Victoria when Victoria thought she had run over and killed Ashley 2015, Cheating on Aaron and almost killing Liv 2017, Aaron going to prison 2017.}

lizann
21-09-2017, 22:49
i was thinking self harm like aaron for liv as her big storyline if not acid attack

kiwigirl
21-09-2017, 23:40
[QUOTE=SomersetSunShin;882269]

I honestly cant remember Robert...almost having Chas killed by a hitman until he changed his mind last minute 2015?

Perdita
22-09-2017, 04:26

I honestly cant remember Robert...almost having Chas killed by a hitman until he changed his mind last minute 2015?

Yes, that did happen

alcapo11
22-09-2017, 17:13

Yep, and he didn't change his mind because it was the rational and right thing to do, he did it as Chas agreed to keep her mouth shut. If I was an Aaron fan there's no way Id want him paired with someone who's almost killed half of his family. It's just ridiculous!

tammyy2j
28-09-2017, 14:36
Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod has teased a special Christmas episode for on-off couple Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle.

The popular pair have been apart since July, after Aaron struggled to come to terms with the fact that Rebecca White was carrying Robert's baby.

However, it looks like a festive reunion could be on the cards, with Iain confirming that Robron will be taking centre stage in one of the "weirdest" episodes the show has ever done.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event today (September 28), Iain said: "Aaron is always involved in Robert's life. There is a big, big episode that will go out on Christmas Day that is more or less a Robron single-strander.

"It is probably the weirdest episode we've ever done, and given we have done some pretty weird episodes, that's saying something. It's really out there and it is the episode I have been most nervous about since I started just because of how crackers it is.

"But I think it's really entertaining and dramatic and it's got a surprise cameo in it. It is stylistically a bit weird and romantic – it's going to be great.

"I always view Aaron and Robert as being the opposite ends on a bit of elastic. At the moment, I think the elastic is stretched pretty tight and they are as far away from each other as I am comfortable with them getting. But the events of Christmas and New Year will bring them back together again."

In even better news, Iain also confirmed that the highly-anticipated second Robron wedding is still on the cards for next year.

When asked if Robert and Aaron could marry again, Iain said: "Definitely, yes. All I will say is that you might want to be careful where you book your summer holidays. Basically I am saying it's next summer."

But it's not just Robert's reunion with Aaron that fans have to look forward to, as he is also about to go on a journey of redemption that will lead to some big character exits.

Discussing the speculation surrounding the White family's departures, Iain said: "It emerges from what Robert is doing at the moment on screen. It will be big and dramatic and hopefully quite surprising and out of the blue.

"It is part of an ultimate redemption story for Robert where he feels he has hit rock bottom in terms of all the things he's done over the years and determines to try to live differently and deal with things a bit differently."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a839262/emmerdale-christmas-episode-aaron-robert-special/

JessicaMad
28-09-2017, 19:51
Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod has teased a special Christmas episode for on-off couple Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle.

The popular pair have been apart since July, after Aaron struggled to come to terms with the fact that Rebecca White was carrying Robert's baby.

However, it looks like a festive reunion could be on the cards, with Iain confirming that Robron will be taking centre stage in one of the "weirdest" episodes the show has ever done.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event today (September 28), Iain said: "Aaron is always involved in Robert's life. There is a big, big episode that will go out on Christmas Day that is more or less a Robron single-strander.

"It is probably the weirdest episode we've ever done, and given we have done some pretty weird episodes, that's saying something. It's really out there and it is the episode I have been most nervous about since I started just because of how crackers it is.

"But I think it's really entertaining and dramatic and it's got a surprise cameo in it. It is stylistically a bit weird and romantic – it's going to be great.

"I always view Aaron and Robert as being the opposite ends on a bit of elastic. At the moment, I think the elastic is stretched pretty tight and they are as far away from each other as I am comfortable with them getting. But the events of Christmas and New Year will bring them back together again."

In even better news, Iain also confirmed that the highly-anticipated second Robron wedding is still on the cards for next year.

When asked if Robert and Aaron could marry again, Iain said: "Definitely, yes. All I will say is that you might want to be careful where you book your summer holidays. Basically I am saying it's next summer."

But it's not just Robert's reunion with Aaron that fans have to look forward to, as he is also about to go on a journey of redemption that will lead to some big character exits.

Discussing the speculation surrounding the White family's departures, Iain said: "It emerges from what Robert is doing at the moment on screen. It will be big and dramatic and hopefully quite surprising and out of the blue.

"It is part of an ultimate redemption story for Robert where he feels he has hit rock bottom in terms of all the things he's done over the years and determines to try to live differently and deal with things a bit differently."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a839262/emmerdale-christmas-episode-aaron-robert-special/
The Christmas day episode is another Robron special? I thought Christmas episodes were focused on all of the villagers...

alcapo11
29-09-2017, 10:58
The Christmas day episode is another Robron special? I thought Christmas episodes were focused on all of the villagers...

Nope, it's all about Robron now apparently. They're so special they even get 2 weddings aswell... if that's pandering to fans then I don't know what is. Pathetic!

mariba
29-09-2017, 16:43
Sounds boring..I would like to keep them apart. Robert is too interesting to make him settle down. Bring Andy back please. That would be Christmas.

Perdita
30-11-2017, 18:07
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/feature/a844309/emmerdale-christmas-spoilers/

Nothing unexpected as far as I am concerned