PDA

View Full Version : What do people think of Digital Spy?

Musho
22-11-2016, 12:20
What do people think of DS? I posted on that site for 3 years until last week when they banned me without warning at all. When I made contact with them to find out what happened they claimed I was using multiple accounts which i wasn't :( the whole thing is just plain weird. You would think they would check all their facts before banning someone. Has anyone else had similar issues?

I'm pleased I found this place. It looks like a great place.

Perdita
22-11-2016, 13:05
What do people think of DS? I posted on that site for 3 years until last week when they banned me without warning at all. When I made contact with them to find out what happened they claimed I was using multiple accounts which i wasn't :( the whole thing is just plain weird. You would think they would check all their facts before banning someone. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Welcome Musho, hope you like it here. I have never been to the DS forum or posted there so can´t comment :)

Dazzle
22-11-2016, 14:00

Hi Musho and welcome to Soapboards. :)

Sorry to hear you were unfairly banned from DS. I lurk over there from time to time and know that's not an uncommon occurrence. I think once the mods over there decide someone's broken the rules there's no changing their minds. There are one or two refugees from DS here: Mo Mouse (who we like to teasingly call MoMo) drops in on us from time to time to honour us with some of his unique wit. :p

tammyy2j
22-11-2016, 14:25
I am not joined the forum there but do lurk sometimes, here is more friendly and less aggressive

pyrocanthus
22-11-2016, 16:57
I joined DS some time ago I but hardly use it now, it does come across as being slightly distant with its members. Soapboards on the other hand is a warm, friendly site that made me feel very welcome when I joined. the best site ever!! Long may it continue for years to come.

Splashy
22-11-2016, 17:14
Hey Musho ..welcome ... well i say that but Im also a newbie.

*coughs* best newbie and not the maddest poster :cartman:

Nah, Im a DS poster and know the insanity that that site represents, I would say being barred from DS is actually a badge of honour.

yours the best newbie Splashy :D

lizann
22-11-2016, 18:32
it full of obsessive fans of certain soaps that can do no wrong like eastenders, way better here

here here so stay here

lizann
22-11-2016, 18:32
it full of obsessive fans of certain soaps that can do no wrong like eastenders, way better here

here here so stay here

Perdita
22-11-2016, 19:38
Curiosity got the better of me... had a very quick look... no no no :thumbsdow :nono: Way too chaotic, everybody just opens a thread on whatever .... I prefer the way things are done here :D

Splashy
22-11-2016, 20:25
Curiosity got the better of me... had a very quick look... no no no :thumbsdow :nono: Way too chaotic, everybody just opens a thread on whatever .... I prefer the way things are done here :D

As long as you can accept all posts on DS are negative. it really can spice up watching the likes of X factor, some of the posts are hilarious and give you something to read during the half year long creepy crimbo adverts ITV throw at us .

Anyway DS has driven away tons of its users with its annoying adverts that lock up your system, then they also changed their main page to make more unusable, which was genius. thats if you own a rival to DS that is.

I refuse to go witter or myface its forums all the way for me :thumbsup:

Mo Mouse
22-11-2016, 20:38
I have a life ban from there largely because posters kept reporting me basically because we didn't share the same sense of humour. However, whilst a life ban is a bit over the top, I think that it is otherwise a good site. Some good people there, funny, interesting etc as well as bad ones. The main thing is that is extremely busy which is what you need if, as I do, you like to see the humorous side of things. I post on 3 or 4 forums which are all a bit quiet so it is easy to lose the sense of what you were talking about by the time someone replies.

Perdita
22-11-2016, 20:50
I have a life ban from there largely because posters kept reporting me basically because we didn't share the same sense of humour. However, whilst a life ban is a bit over the top, I think that it is otherwise a good site. Some good people there, funny, interesting etc as well as bad ones. The main thing is that is extremely busy which is what you need if, as I do, you like to see the humorous side of things. I post on 3 or 4 forums which are all a bit quiet so it is easy to lose the sense of what you were talking about by the time someone replies.

I lost the sense of everything when I had a brief look .... and I am sorry to say I don´t really want to have another look in case I change my mind ..... :nono: :(

Splashy
23-11-2016, 02:44

I loved your work on DS.. always made me chuckle.

But DS is weird, the amount of times the spelling police have targeted me is insane :moonie:

Musho
23-11-2016, 08:12
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome!

I guess I'm just confused how they could ban me for using multiple accounts when I wasn't ? I've seen someone on other forum claim its also happened to them so maybe they are just banning people at random and not bothering to check all the facts first.

I'm pleased I'm banned in hindsight. I don't think DS is a healthy forum to be part of.

Musho
23-11-2016, 08:12

I guess I'm just confused how they could ban me for using multiple accounts when I wasn't ? I've seen someone on other forum claim its also happened to them so maybe they are just banning people at random and not bothering to check all the facts first.

I'm pleased I'm banned in hindsight. I don't think DS is a healthy forum to be part of.

Perdita
23-11-2016, 08:16

To avoid double posts, use the Go Advanced option, that stops it normally, there is a fault in the system here :)

Dazzle
23-11-2016, 10:33

Do you use a VPN*? If you're masking your IP in some way it might be enough to convince the mods that whoever complained about you was correct. I use a VPN myself and have done for years because I'm not keen on my every move online being monitored, but I have found I'm asked more often to prove I'm human when visiting new forums etc because of it.

* For anyone that doesn't know, when you connect to a VPN all of the data you're sending and receiving is encrypted and secured from prying eyes.

I think you're right. It's an extremely negative place where trolls etc thrive.