PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Wood has died aged 62

tammyy2j
20-04-2016, 15:35
Comedian Victoria Wood has died aged 62 after a short battle with cancer, her publicist has said.
She found fame in the 1980s with her TV series Victoria Wood As Seen On TV.
The actress, singer and songwriter was awarded an CBE in 2008.

RIP

Dazzle
20-04-2016, 15:40
What a shock! So sad. RIP :(

alan45
20-04-2016, 15:53
Totally shocked
So very sad. 2016 has been a bad year for our celebrities

Perdita
20-04-2016, 16:25
Sad sad news indeed. RIP Victoria :(

sarah c
20-04-2016, 16:45
WTF

in shock

RIP one of my favourites

flappinfanny
20-04-2016, 17:52
Victoria had so much more to give, a great comedian, writer, actor, director, Victoria had it all. We will never see the like again. I was lucky enough in 2005 (I think) to see Victoria in the West End musical "Acorn Antiques." Victoria was playing the part of Mrs Overall, it was Julie's night off and Victoria called it Bingo night. The whole cast were amazing.

This year really sucks with the talent we have lost. When I think of Victoria I always think of "The Ballard of Barry and Freda." In her words, "Let's do it, let's do it, do it till our hearts go boom." She is the only girl I would want to beat me on the bottom with the Woman's Weekly.

Who can forget Victoria's affectionate tribute to Coronation Street. Victoria as Ena and Julie as Martha was nothing short of genius. "You can pick up some very interesting conversations if you keep your hair net jammed up against vestry wall."

RIP Vic. :)

https://youtu.be/RgsATvel51I

Dazzle
20-04-2016, 18:20
Victoria had so much more to give, a great comedian, writer, actor, director, Victoria had it all. We will never see the like again. I was lucky enough in 2005 (I think) to see Victoria in the West End musical "Acorn Antiques." Victoria was playing the part of Mrs Overall, it was Julie's night off and Victoria called it Bingo night. The whole cast were amazing.

This year really sucks with the talent we have lost. When I think of Victoria I always think of "The Ballard of Barry and Freda." In her words, "Let's do it, let's do it, do it till our hearts go boom." She is the only girl I would want to beat me on the bottom with the Woman's Weekly.

Who can forget Victoria's affectionate tribute to Coronation Street. Victoria as Ena and Julie as Martha was nothing short of genius. "You can pick up some very interesting conversations if you keep your hair net jammed up against vestry wall."

RIP Vic. :)

https://youtu.be/RgsATvel51I

What a moving post, and a wonderful reminder of some of Victoria's funniest and most memorable moments. :crying: :bow: :)

lizann
20-04-2016, 19:44
very shocked and saddened, a true comic talented lady, rip victoria

parkerman
20-04-2016, 22:44
Don't know what else to add. So very sad. Such an amazing talent. And so young. 2016 is not going well.:(