PDA

View Full Version : Corrie gets Interflora product placement

Perdita
08-01-2016, 13:22
Coronation Street has signed a major product placement deal that will see a massive brand hit the cobbles for the first time.

Tracy Barlow's new business venture will see her turn her second-hand shop into a florists next week, and ITV has confirmed it is part of a deal with Interflora.

Chris Moxon for ITV Commercial said: "This is a fantastic integration into TV's most loved soap and we are thrilled that it demonstrates how seamlessly an iconic brand like Interflora can naturally sit side by side with our content."​

Erica Nicholson, Brand Manager at Interflora, added: "We are delighted to partner with Coronation Street and see this as a great opportunity for our brand, and the floristry industry in general, to be a part of everyday life on the show."

Corrie, along with Emmerdale has also signed a product placement deal with Visa and will feature contactless payment from next month.

Dazzle
08-01-2016, 15:05
So that's why Barlow's Buys is being changed into a florist shop.

LouiseP
08-01-2016, 15:45
Does this mean that Interflora are providing all the flowers for free ?

I wondered how on earth Tracey could afford the finished shop, what with shop fitting costs and decking it out with flowers. She has no money and is on her uppers yet suddenly find the wherewithal to deck out a new shop. And it was magically done in no time ROFL!

LouiseP
08-01-2016, 15:45
Does this mean that Interflora are providing all the flowers for free ?

I wondered how on earth Tracey could afford the finished shop, what with shop fitting costs and decking it out with flowers. She has no money and is on her uppers yet suddenly find the wherewithal to deck out a new shop. And it was magically done in no time ROFL!

Dazzle
08-01-2016, 16:11
Is the shop finished already?

Fake flowers might be used instead of fresh ones (which I imagine would be very expensive to keep replacing).

LouiseP
08-01-2016, 16:52
It looked ready when Tracey was standing outside . Looked like something in the centre of Manchester, beautifully done out.

Perdita
08-01-2016, 17:09
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/48/980x490/landscape-1448551005-18-12-coro-tracy-robert-03.JPG

Not sure whether this is it but does look nice :)

Dazzle
08-01-2016, 17:20
I think that was the episode where Robert surprised an ungrateful Tracy by filling Barlow's Buys with flowers. The photo was taken around Christmas time because there are decorations up.

Rear window
08-01-2016, 17:32

Fake flowers might be used instead of fresh ones (which I imagine would be very expensive to keep replacing).

Real ones need to be kept cool. No heating allowed! :(

Rear window
08-01-2016, 17:32

Dazzle
08-01-2016, 17:51

I don't mind Tracy getting frostbite but I suppose it wouldn't do to give Kate Ford hypothermia. :D

TaintedLove
09-01-2016, 08:59

That`s ok. With Tracey`s cold heart, and frosty demeanor- the flowers will keep nice and fresh.
:)