PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders Interview - Leo

Bryan
30-06-2005, 15:46
Off the Eastenders website:

How were you picked for the part of Leo?
I went to a number of auditions. I've never been through an audition process as nerve-racking. I tried out with Gerry Cowper (Rosie), David Spinx (Keith) and Charlie G. Hawkins (Darren). We built up a good relationship there.
So you knew some of the cast when you joined?
Lacey Turner (Stacey) is my second cousin! I used to see her at family parties. She got the part of Stacey before I got the part of Leo, so it was good to see her again on set.
What do you think of Stacey?
Stacey's a great character. She's a bit nasty, but deep down she's quite soft and smart. Lacey plays her really well.
Do you have acting experience?
I went to drama school for seven years and then started a National Diploma in Drama. I've been in a couple episodes of The Bill and I was also in Two Thousand Acres of Sky for three series with Michelle Collins (Cindy Beale) - she was really nice.
How do you find mixing college and work?
It's unsettling to have to take time off for filming. When you come back, the class is ahead and you don't know what's going on.
Who's your best friend on-set?
I went to the same primary school and acting school as Charlie G Hawkins, so working together is really good fun. I'm always in his dressing room. He's a good guy.
Are you an EastEnders fan?
I've watched EastEnders for years. My favourite characters of all time are Phil and Grant Mitchell. I like a bit of gangster!
What was it like seeing Albert Square for the first time?
I was dying to see the Square. When I had my first scene there, I took loads of photos on my phone. I was starstruck!
Tell us about Leo's relationship with Demi.
Their families don't get on, so they have to sneak around to see each other. Leo knows that his dad is going to have a go at him for seeing Demi. That's how you know that they're genuinely loved up.
What's Leo's dad like?
Leo's really intimidated by his dad. Ray takes out everything on him. Leo's always got another black eye or bruise.
Does Leo love Aleesha?
He does love Aleesha. It's hard for him and Demi to have a baby so young. Leo bunks off school sometimes to see Demi, so he's putting his school-life in jeopardy.
Do you sympathise with Leo?
I do sympathise with him. He's under a lot of pressure from his dad and the baby. He's striving to do his best, but he needs to stick up for himself.
What would you do if you were in Leo's position?
I'd tell someone about my dad abusing me. Leo's quite a strong character, really. He's doing everything he can to see Demi and the baby, in spite of the risk.
What advice would you give to aspiring actors and actresses?
Go to acting classes. If you're really serious about it, try to get an agent. Always keep your chin up and keep trying. Eventually you'll be spotted and recognised for your good talent.
Have you got any specific acting tips?
Paul Kaye who played my stand-in father in Two Thousand Acres gave me good advice on how to concentrate. If you forget your lines, pinch yourself while you say them and you'll remember them. Little things like that do help you sometimes.

bondboffin

Treacle
30-06-2005, 16:18
Oh interesting :)

xcutiekatiex
30-06-2005, 18:28
yea its good

true.moon
30-06-2005, 18:33
i read it too

Jessie Wallace
30-06-2005, 20:27
Bless him, i wanna take him home, he's well sweet!!