PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing 2015 *with spoilers*

Perdita
12-08-2015, 10:59
EastEnders star Kellie Bright is the latest big name to join the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The actress - best known for playing Linda Carter on the BBC soap - is the third celebrity confirmed for the dancefloor this year, joining Jeremy Vine and Ainsley Harriott.

"There are two main reasons I want to take part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing," she explained.

"The first is that as I will be turning 40 next year, I think it is the perfect time for a new, exciting challenge. The second reason is because if I said 'no', Linda Carter would never forgive me!"

Earlier this year, Bright picked up Best Actress and Best Dramatic Performance at the British Soap Awards for her role as Linda in EastEnders.

The 39-year-old was announced on Wednesday morning's (August 12) Chris Evans Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2.

Former Strictly contestant Scott Mills recently revealed the lengths producers go to to keep the identity of the next set of celebrities hidden.

"They're so worried about it leaking out as to who's on it, it's like a massive secret," Mills said.

"Obviously the papers try and guess all the time. They try and keep it under wraps so much that they give everyone code names every year. I felt like I was in James Bond - it was so cool."

Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC One later this year.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a662998/eastenders-star-kellie-bright-is-joining-strictly-come-dancing.html#ixzz3iaqiNnrM

Perdita
12-08-2015, 11:01
Strictly Come Dancing has confirmed its second celebrity for the new series - Ainsley Harriott.

The news was unveiled on BBC One's The One Show this evening (August 11).

The 58-year-old chef and Ready Steady Cook host will appear on the show alongside previously confirmed star Jeremy Vine.

"I do like the idea of [Strictly], especially when I'm gliding around the kitchen…" he said.

Speaking about Jeremy Vine, Harriott added: "Jeremy's got this wonderful discipline about him… he really plans, and everything is done in detail… and that's what's required in dancing."

He went on to say that he has "absolutely no idea" who is yet to be confirmed for the show or who he has been partnered with.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/33/618x711/showbiz-ainsley-harriott.jpg
Ainsley Harriott
© BBC

Strictly Come Dancing 2015 lineup rumours: Which celebrities could take part this year?

Shane Richie, Adrian Chiles, Kirsty Gallacher and Jamelia are among the long list of stars rumoured to be hitting the dancefloor this year.

The professional dancers are already back in training ahead of the new series, and showed off a group shot of themselves in rehearsals last week.

New pros Otlile Mabuse, Giovanni Pernice and Dancing with the Stars alum Gleb Savchenko will join returning favourites such as Anton du Beke, Brendan Cole and Kristina Rihanoff.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a662968/ainsley-harriott-is-the-second-celeb-confirmed-for-this-years-strictly-come-dancing.html#ixzz3iarKfZVu

tammyy2j
12-08-2015, 11:07
Is Jamie and Louise Redknapp also signed up or was that only rumours?

Perdita
12-08-2015, 11:17
So far only rumours

Perdita
13-08-2015, 11:14
Gorgia May Foote has swapped the Weatherfield cobbles for the BBC dance floor and joined Strictly Come Dancing.

The former Coronation Street actress is the fourth celebrity to be confirmed for the new series, following the announcements of Jeremy Vine, Ainsley Harriott and fellow soap star Kellie Bright.

"I am so excited to be part of Strictly 2015," Foote said. "It is something I have always wanted to take part in and now I just can't wait to get started.

"I love dancing and I love a challenge so this is the perfect experience for me."

The 24-year-old, who was unveiled on this morning's (August 13) BBC Breakfast, is best known for playing Katy Armstrong on the ITV soap from 2010 to 2015, but also starred in Grange Hill as Alison Simmons.

Strictly Come Dancing 2015 winner: We rank the celebrities' chances of topping BBC One's dance-off

Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman will return as hosts for this year's Strictly, while Otlile Mabuse, Giovanni Pernice and Dancing with the Stars alum Gleb Savchenko join the roster of professional dancers.

Former Strictly contestant Scott Mills recently revealed the lengths producers go to to keep the identity of the next set of celebrities hidden.

"They're so worried about it leaking out as to who's on it, it's like a massive secret," Mills said.

"Obviously the papers try and guess all the time. They try and keep it under wraps so much that they give everyone code names every year. I felt like I was in James Bond - it was so cool."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a663203/coronation-street-star-georgia-may-foote-signs-up-for-strictly-come-dancing.html#ixzz3igl34Tk8

lizann
14-08-2015, 23:04
no hollywood for katy

Perdita
16-08-2015, 12:45
BBC Proms presenter Katie Derham will soon be two-stepping her way onto Strictly Come Dancing's ballroom floor.

Derham kicked off the weekend by announcing that she would be the fifth celebrity contestant on this series of Strictly.
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/33/618x962/movies_shadow_dancer_katie_derham_1.jpg
Katie Derham arriving for the UK Premiere of Shadow Dancer at Cineworld, Haymarket, London.
© PA Images / Yui Mok/PA Wire

Strictly Come Dancing 2015 winner: We rank the celebrities' chances of topping BBC One's dance-off

Aside from presenting the Proms, Derham is also well known for hosting BBC Radio 3's Afternoon and the Classical BRIT Awards.

Derham said that she was excited to part of the show, describing Strictly Come Dancing as "a national treasure".

"I spend hours admiring professional musicians and performers at the Proms and BBC Radio 3, so I'm thrilled to have the chance to throw myself into an equally demanding and beautiful world," she continued.

"It will be a totally new experience for me and I can't wait to get going."
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/30/618x348/uktv_sunday_prom.jpg
Katie Derham, The Sunday Prom
© BBC

She will be competing on this year's Strictly against the likes of Ainsley Harriott, Kellie Bright, Jeremy Vine and Georgia May Foote.

Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One in the autumn with presenters Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman once again at the helm.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a663592/bbc-proms-presenter-katie-derham-is-heading-for-the-ballroom-on-strictly-come-dancing.html#ixzz3iyfhTpgH

Perdita
18-08-2015, 12:35
BBC Breakfast weather presenter Carol Kirkwood has been confirmed as the sixth celebrity contestant taking part in the new series of Strictly Come Dancing. The news was revealed live to the nation on Tuesday morning, with Carol getting into the spirit of things and wearing a white feather boa for the big announcement.

"It feels really exciting, it doesn't even feel real yet, we haven't started dancing or training or anything yet," the Scottish 53-year-old said. "I think all the dancers are amazing but I do have a soft spot for Aljaz Skorjanec."

hellomagazine

tammyy2j
19-08-2015, 15:15
Peter Andre is in too

Perdita
27-08-2015, 09:20
Strictly Come Dancing’s launch night is now so close, we can almost smell the biscuit-y scent of fake tan and the, er, slightly sweaty air full of nerves from the celebrities. An interesting combination, really.
To add to our excitement, the BBC have announced that Call The Midwife’s Helen George is the next celebrity ready to don their sparkly heels and enough sequins to make a magpie go blind.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/ff025a1b3d26c8618d9330436b23e2dc/tumblr_inline_ntq75ryirJ1simekw_500.jpg

tammyy2j
27-08-2015, 12:55
The other 12 celebrities confirmed are: Jamelia, Jeremy Vine, Ainsley Harriott, Kellie Bright, Georgia May Foote, Katie Derham, Carol Kirkwood, Peter Andre, Daniel O'Donnell, Anthony Ogogo, Jay McGuiness and Anita Rani.