PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in writing of the Sharma family emmerdale lacks diversity

Serena Williams
07-08-2015, 07:17
I am so disappointed in the writing of the Sharma family they are so boring. I liked Nikhil a lot but Jai is disgusting and so are Megan and Layla and rachel. I like Rakesh and Kirin and Pryia but the writers are wasting the Asian family. On the one hand the sharma family is proof of racial diversity on the show. But something does not seem right. These characters are so unlikable I cannot root for any of them. I am not sure why the only Asian family on the show seems isolated from the rest of the cast. They were left out of the summer disaster they seem like an afterthought of Kate Oates and the Emmerdale writers. I wonder, why have people of colour on Emmerdale if they are just tokens? The Sharma family feel like tokens to me they are there but their storyline has no substance. By making Jai so evil while rachel and Megan and Layla so unlikable it just seems like a waste of talent.

kiwigirl
07-08-2015, 10:50
:)

kiwigirl
07-08-2015, 10:51
I am so disappointed in the writing of the Sharma family they are so boring. I liked Nikhil a lot but Jai is disgusting and so are Megan and Layla and rachel. I like Rakesh and Kirin and Pryia but the writers are wasting the Asian family. On the one hand the sharma family is proof of racial diversity on the show. But something does not seem right. These characters are so unlikable I cannot root for any of them. I am not sure why the only Asian family on the show seems isolated from the rest of the cast. They were left out of the summer disaster they seem like an afterthought of Kate Oates and the Emmerdale writers. I wonder, why have people of colour on Emmerdale if they are just tokens? The Sharma family feel like tokens to me they are there but their storyline has no substance. By making Jai so evil while rachel and Megan and Layla so unlikable it just seems like a waste of talent.

Well said, couldn't agree with you more.