Jeanette Lewis
05-08-2015, 11:17
what has happened to Lisa?

tammyy2j
05-08-2015, 11:31
Lisa Dingle off visiting granny Clegg I assume is her mother

Kim
05-08-2015, 12:24
A nice piece of evidence that the scriptwriters don't do their research, then.

Clegg was Lisa's first married name, so she must have gone to stay with one of her ex in-laws! They should have sent her to stay with that cousin of hers that actually appeared in the show, Lizzie Lakely. She was blind I believe so it could easily be used to explain why she might need more support at times.

maidmarian
05-08-2015, 12:54

Clegg was Lisa's first married name, so she must have gone to stay with one of her ex in-laws! They should have sent her to stay with that cousin of hers that actually appeared in the show, Lizzie Lakely. She was blind I believe so it could easily be used to explain why she might need more support at times.

I think Granny Clegg was meant to be Lisas
former mother in law.She couldnt really be
her gran in law as Lisa and first husband
were roughly same age as one another.
Lisa is now60+ so if her husbands gran
would over 100! Was still making own brew
a few years.Lisas Husband was eccentric - was
building his own rocket-I think!
I was never sure why Lisa was so loyal to
her- except she was meant to be very
domineering!

I thought Lizzie was Lisas friend? But she
would need help as you say.
The actress was ill and Lizzie
disappeared fromprogramme some ago with
not much explanation!

maidmarian
05-08-2015, 12:54

I think Granny Clegg was meant to be Lisas
former mother in law.She couldnt really be
her gran in law as Lisa and first husband
were roughly same age as one another.
Lisa is now60+ so if her husbands gran
would over 100! Was still making own brew
a few years. Husband was eccentric - was building
his own rocket-I think!
I was never sure why Lisa was so loyal to
her- except she was meant to be very
domineering!

I thought Lizzie was Lisas friend? But she
would need help as you say.
The actress was ill and Lizzie
disappeared fromprogramme some ago with
not much explanation!

tammyy2j
05-08-2015, 13:03
Belle calls her granny Clegg

maidmarian
05-08-2015, 13:31

Yes shes does but I thought she had been
referred to.as Granny Clegg in the earlier
days before Belle could talk.?

Her main purpose seemed to be to give
Lisa a reason to be away from home
( without concocting too much drama)
when the actress was taking a break!

It did seem a bit odd using an ex-in -law
for the purpose.when they could have used
a relative ( never seen) of Lisas e.g. Aunt.
But soap families.!!

maidmarian
05-08-2015, 13:31

Yes shes does but I thought she had been
referred to.as Granny Clegg in the earlier
days before Belle could talk.?

Her main purpose seemed to be to give
Lisa a reason to be away from home
( without concocting too much drama)
when the actress was taking a break!

It did seem a bit odd using an ex-in -law
for the purpose.when they could have used
a relative ( never seen) of Lisas e.g. Aunt.
But soap families.!!

Kim
07-08-2015, 21:20
Lizzie was her first cousin according to Wiki. It's not 100% but I find it pretty accurate. If not Lizzie, then an Aunt/Uncle could have been named for Lisa to stay with. There must be one unless they've passed away as Lizzie is a first cousin.

As Lisa had no kids from her first marriage, it is very strange. Surely in her situation you would cut all ties, rather than trying to maintain a relationship for the sake of the children. In the real world, Zak would find it insane.

Belle must call her Granny as I imagine with Zak and Lisa being older parents, she never met any of her actual grandparents. Again, I'd find it more likely if Belle had a half-sibling who was actually Granny Clegg's grandchild. It's a very different thing to seeing a parent of a step parent as a grandparent.

maidmarian
07-08-2015, 21:56
Lizzie was her first cousin according to Wiki. It's not 100% but I find it pretty accurate. If not Lizzie, then an Aunt/Uncle could have been named for Lisa to stay with. There must be one unless they've passed away as Lizzie is a first cousin.

As Lisa had no kids from her first marriage, it is very strange. Surely in her situation you would cut all ties, rather than trying to maintain a relationship for the sake of the children. In the real world, Zak would find it insane.

Belle must call her Granny as I imagine with Zak and Lisa being older parents, she never met any of her actual grandparents. Again, I'd find it more likely if Belle had a half-sibling who was actually Granny Clegg's grandchild. It's a very different thing to seeing a parent of a step parent as a grandparent.

I rembered Lizzies surname is Lakely (also
Lisas maiden name) so must be relative of
Lisa and Wiki does say cousin.

The only grandparent of Belles who has been
in.EE ( that I can remember) is Zacks mother
- Peg Dingle- who.was ther for quite a long spell
in 2002 when Belle was3-4 yrs old.

It would be a blessing if Belle had forgotten
her-as she was truly horrendous!

maidmarian
07-08-2015, 21:56

I rembered Lizzies surname is Lakely (also
Lisas maiden name) so must be relative of
Lisa and Wiki does say cousin.

The only grandparent of Belles who has been
in.EE ( that I can remember) is Zacks mother
- Peg Dingle- who.was ther for quite a long spell
in 2002 when Belle was3-4 yrs old.

It would be a blessing if Belle had forgotten
her-as she was truly horrendous!

lizann
08-08-2015, 01:17
is the actress who plays lisa sick, it is strange she was written out during a big dingle event week, lisa is very close to debbie but misses her wedding

Kim
08-08-2015, 11:36
How long has Lisa actually been away for? I don't remember. Does she know of Moses's existence yet?

lizann
08-08-2015, 13:33
How long has Lisa actually been away for? I don't remember. Does she know of Moses's existence yet?

she was there for moses christening

lizann
08-08-2015, 13:33

she was there for moses christening