PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Lovedale (Kiza Deen)

Perdita
22-06-2015, 04:42
Hollyoaks introduces Lisa Loveday to the village next week - and Digital Spy can today exclusively reveal who will be playing the part.

Actress Kiza Deen has been cast in the role of Lisa, who is the missing daughter of Louis and Simone. After 14 years away from her family's lives, Lisa makes a dramatic reappearance by breaking into their home and revealing why she disappeared as a schoolgirl.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Kiza to hear all the gossip on her Hollyoaks arrival and what fans can expect from Lisa.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/25/618x554/soaps-hollyoaks-39393939.jpg
Kiza Deen as Lisa Loveday in Hollyoaks
© Lime Pictures
Kiza Deen as Lisa Loveday

How does it feel to have joined the cast?
"It's been a bit surreal! I honestly didn't think I would get the part. I grew up watching the show, so I still feel a bit starstruck when I see the cast in the corridors and the dressing rooms, but they've all been lovely.

"I haven't worked with everybody in the cast yet, but I can't sing the praises of my on-screen family enough. They've really helped me to get settled in Liverpool. They've also shown me the ropes, as my background is mainly theatre and this is my first television gig since drama school. It's been awesome and they've been wonderful to work with."

How did the role come about?
"I just got a call from my agent to say that I'd got a Hollyoaks audition. I was excited, because a television job is what I'd been desperately wanting. I then met the casting director in London, but I thought that I probably wouldn't get it because there were so many other girls there.

"A week later, my agent told me that they were interested, so I came up to Liverpool for a second audition. That made me want it even more and got me even more fired up. I went back to London, but I got another call and heard that the producers now wanted to see me. With every job you try to stay really open-minded, but that's when I started to feel that it could actually happen.

"I think I started caring about it too much, because I literally gave myself a migraine going home on the train after the last audition! (Laughs) It was easy to start with and then it got nerve-wracking towards the end because I knew there was a chance I might get it."

Did part of that audition process involve chemistry tests with the other Lovedays?
"Yeah, when I was first in Liverpool, they asked me to perform with my on-screen mother and brother. They were so lovely and literally calmed me down! We did a scene with a director there, so that was a screen test to see how I looked on screen and how I gelled with my family. I then repeated that in front of the producer for the third audition."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/09/618x411/loveday-03.jpg
The Loveday family in Hollyoaks
© Lime Pictures
Zack, Simone and Louis Loveday

How did you feel about being thrown straight into such a big storyline?
"I didn't know at first where this girl was going, but when we had a meeting and I found out all about her background, I realised that it was really juicy. It's a dream story to play, because Lisa has so many colours and layers to her. It's really exciting. Even today, I received more scripts and my storyline is getting heavier and heavier. It's really enjoyable to read and really fun."

We've only recently found out about Lisa, so has there been a lot of secrecy involved?
"Yes - even with my friends and family! When I got the job, my agent told me: 'You cannot tell anybody. Stay off Twitter and stay off Instagram!' When you get a new job you obviously want to tell everybody, but I haven't been able to do that!

"I've known since April and my on-screen family have known about Lisa since they signed up for the show, which was about six months earlier. It's been a huge secret but I can't wait to finally tweet about it!"

What was it like to film Lisa's dramatic entrance?
"It was great! Lisa breaks into the Lovedays' home and that's when you first see her. The scenes were really fun to film. We rehearsed it first and part of the scene is Lisa jumping over a couch because the Lovedays have caught her in their house.

"I remember walking through the scene in the rehearsal and I was a bit of an eager beaver, so I really went for it with the physical stuff. The director said, 'Kiza, you do know that was a walk-through?!' I said, 'This is my first time on TV, I'm just overexcited!' I realised I had to save it for the take, but Lisa is definitely coming in with full guns blazing."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/25/618x858/soaps-hollyoaks-393887575.jpg
First look at Lisa back with her family
© Lime Pictures
First look at Lisa back with her family

Where does Lisa say she's been for all this time?
"Simone used to work as a lawyer and was very committed with her job. When Lisa was little, Simone had to take a quick conference call for 10 minutes and was late picking her up from primary school. During that time, another lady who was so, so lovely approached Lisa and told her that she had come to collect her. She gave her some sweets and was really approachable - nothing seemed scary or dodgy about her at all.

"Lisa went off with this lady thinking that she would see her parents later on, but she later told Lisa that her family had been in a terrible car accident and had died. That's what she was told and believed growing up. She didn't know any different until she was older and saw news reports about what had happened."

What kind of reaction does Lisa get from Louis and Simone?
"In the past, Louis has been in the firing line over Lisa's disappearance. He's been accused of all sorts, so I think he breathes a huge sigh of relief when he can let the world know that he's an innocent man. He's delighted that Lisa is back and that their father-daughter relationship can be resumed. He thinks Christmas has come early for him.

"Simone's personality is quite different. Because of her past background as a lawyer, she's always trying to suss people out and read things. Simone just thinks it's too good to be true. She's been hurting for so many years and never forgot about Lisa, so she thinks that Lisa has just appeared too easily for her. Simone holds back, while Louis seems quite happy to receive her."

As Zack has no memories of Lisa, is it strange for him to see her back?
"It isn't too weird for him, as I think Zack is finally relieved and happy to have an older sister around. He's glad not to be the single child anymore. Over the years with his mum and dad, he's probably seen the missing place at the dinner table and something was always missing. He's really happy that they can be a full family now and everything can be good."

Does Lisa form any friendships in the village, or does she stick with her family for now?
"For now Lisa is mainly with her family, but she has got a bit of a past which you might see come and chase her up. I've only just got this script, but I've also read a new friendship that she makes which is quite interesting. So there are friendships forming, but in the early episodes you'll see her focusing on the family. But her past is definitely coming back to haunt her..."

Have you made friends with the other cast?
"Definitely. I'm currently looking for a place to stay in Liverpool, so they've all been chipping in with ideas of where I could go. There's also a lot of banter in our green room and in the canteen. That's when you get to see the real characters and what's funny is that the most serious people you see on screen are the funniest in real life and so silly!

"They're all lovely and I'm really excited to work with a lot of them. It's nice to read a script and see that you're going to be in a scene with someone unexpected."

What are your plans for when your first episode goes out?
"I'm not sure yet, as Lisa storms in right towards the end of an episode, then in the episode afterwards you see a bit more of her. My boyfriend knows about it, so his mum and my mum have both been asking when I'm coming on but I've just not been telling people the exact date!

"I'll probably text them on the day and tell them to watch Hollyoaks that night, then put my phone on silent because I'll be cringing while I watch it - probably with my boyfriend, some popcorn and a glass of wine!"

Perdita
15-09-2015, 21:00
It's official - Hollyoaks regular Lisa Loveday is an impostor.

The truth was revealed on screen at the end of Tuesday's E4 first look episode (September 15), which saw 'Lisa' confronted over her deception by her sleazy acquaintance Wayne.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/38/618x347/soaps-hollyoaks-wayne-confronts-lisa-1.png
Wayne confronts Fake Lisa
© Lime Pictures
Wayne confronts Fake Lisa
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/38/618x347/soaps-hollyoaks-wayne-confronts-lisa-2.png
Fake Lisa panics over Wayne's threats
© Lime Pictures
Fake Lisa panics over Wayne's threats

'Lisa' is actually a young woman called Sonia, who has decided to steal the identity of Louis and Simone's missing daughter.

The revelation means that the real Lisa Loveday is still out there somewhere after her mysterious disappearance 14 years ago.

Hollyoaks bosses announced in the summer that Kiza Deen would be playing Lisa, but it was always the plan for her character to later be revealed as a fraud.

Early clues were given following Sonia's arrival as she didn't have the birthmark that Lisa had when she was little and also liked different foods, but the Lovedays ultimately ignored these warning signs and accepted her story.

Jacqueline Boatswain, who plays Simone, told Digital Spy: "Sonia has met the real Lisa at some point in the past and has made notes of things that she told her. She's got a notebook and she's been writing things down.

"When Sonia first arrived, she also broke into the Lovedays' flat and stole their file with all of the press clippings inside. She's definitely done her homework!"

Sonia has now genuinely bonded with the Loveday family and wants to stay with them, but the big question is how long she can really keep up her deception.

The latest on-screen revelation paves the way for a special episode tomorrow featuring flashbacks to 2001, revealing the full story of the day that Lisa went missing and what happened next.

Hollyoaks airs the Lovedays' flashback episode on Wednesday (September 16) at 7pm on E4 and Thursday (September 17) at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Perdita
16-09-2015, 11:18
Struggling to keep up with the Loveday family's complicated Hollyoaks storyline? With a missing child, long-held secrets and a mysterious impostor all in the mix, you could be forgiven for losing track of this very tangled web.

Fear not though, as tonight's E4 first look episode finally delves into what really happened on the day that Louis and Simone's daughter Lisa was shockingly snatched 14 years ago. Fans should brace themselves for some huge revelations, so read on to find out the 5 key questions that are about to be answered.

1. Who is Fake Lisa?

Hands up if you always knew there was something not quite right with recent arrival 'Lisa Loveday'? Those crafty Hollyoaks bosses tricked us by announcing the casting of Kiza Deen as Lisa in June, but it's now been revealed that she's actually an impostor called Sonia. No wonder she was always so shifty!

With sneaky Sonia sticking around in Hollyoaks for the foreseeable future, the flashback special will now reveal her story as well as Lisa's. We'll find out that Sonia's own family background wasn't too pleasant, so is this what drove her to steal Lisa's identity?

2. Who is Jade?

As if we hadn't been busy enough trying to figure out whether 'Lisa' was the real deal, Hollyoaks gave us even more to ponder recently when they introduced Kassius Nelson to the cast as mysterious newcomer Jade.

Jade has an unknown connection to Fake Lisa, but we won't be left hanging for too long as the flashback episode reveals exactly how they know each other. Hollyoaks fans have recently speculated that Jade could be the real Lisa, but it's time to revise your guesses as this theory is actually wide off the mark. What's the real story between Sonia and Jade?

3. Who took Lisa?

We've already heard Louis and Simone's recollections of the tragic day that their daughter went missing. We thought we'd heard Lisa's version of events too... until she was revealed as a fraud!

There's no better time to see what really happened for ourselves, so heartbreaking flashbacks to 2001 will see a young Lisa left vulnerable in the school playground when Simone is late to pick her up one afternoon. It's clear that someone took advantage of the situation, but who was it?

4. What is Louis hiding?

Poor Simone has spent 14 years tormenting herself over the day of Lisa's disappearance, knowing that it could have been avoided if she'd only turned up to the school playground on time. Then a career-driven lawyer, Simone was late as she put a work situation before her own daughter.

Don't judge Simone too harshly though, as it turns out that Louis is hiding a momentous secret about the day that Lisa disappeared. He knows deep down that he's partly to blame for what happened too, but he hasn't ever eased Simone's guilt by coming clean to her. What a rat! Will the flashbacks show that Hollyoaks High's deputy head isn't as squeaky clean as he first appears?

5. What happened to Lisa next?

The real Lisa is still out there somewhere and her current fate will remain a mystery - for now. Even so, the good news is that we won't be kept completely in the dark about what happened to her after she was snatched.

Once the events of 2001 have been revealed on screen, there'll be intriguing flashbacks to 2008 showing Lisa seven years on. In a final twist to the tale, we'll see Real Lisa befriending the future Fake Lisa when they meet at the beach one day. But what was Lisa's life like by this point? And what kind of interaction will she share with the girl who would later steal her identity?

DS

tammyy2j
16-09-2015, 16:31
I hope the real Lisa isn't dead