PDA

View Full Version : Line of Duty Series 3

lizann
27-04-2015, 21:59
will mellor joins

alan45
29-04-2016, 11:11
What a superb series this was. The final episode had me on the edge of the seat. Very topical too and for those of you who didnt know it was filmed in Belfast. Im looking forward to the next season.

Dazzle
29-04-2016, 11:52
What a superb series this was. The final episode had me on the edge of the seat. Very topical too and for those of you who didnt know it was filmed in Belfast. Im looking forward to the next season.

Line of Duty is never less than excellent, but last night's episode must have been one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. Utterly riveting and edge of the seat.

Also, as you say Alan, it was unfortunately very topical and even daring in how far it was willing to go in confronting some of the darkness in society.

alan45
29-04-2016, 12:05
Yes it has still left us wondering who the 'top' man is?

Rear window
29-04-2016, 12:24
We first discovered it this year, flicking through late night tv I left it on for a moment and then was hooked. I think they were showing double episodes so it meant a very late night.

It is such good drama. Well written, brutal, scary, dark; the detail. I loved Denton's character, her attention to detail and brains that ultimately meant she was going to have to be gone.

It was gripping stuff and I will have to buy series 1 on DVD, or maybe get them all and watch them again before series 4 is on.

Dazzle
29-04-2016, 12:25
Yes it has still left us wondering who the 'top' man is?

I'm hoping that's what we'll discover in the next series. The Caddy was only the tip of the iceberg.

Dazzle
29-04-2016, 12:31
We first discovered it this year, flicking through late night tv I left it on for a moment and then was hooked. I think they were showing double episodes so it meant a very late night.

It is such good drama. Well written, brutal, scary, dark; the detail. I loved Denton's character, her attention to detail and brains that ultimately meant she was going to have to be gone.

It was gripping stuff and I will have to buy series 1 on DVD, or maybe get them all and watch them again before series 4 is on.

RIP Denton, a completely unique, fascinating and unpredictable character. :(

Series 1 (and 2) is on Netflix and you can have a free month's trial if you're not a member. I too want to re-watch the whole the series.

Brucie
29-04-2016, 13:31
One of THE best drama series ever, in my opinion - let alone police dramas. And as for Keeley Hawes as Denton, words fail me - a brilliantly complex character, acted to perfection.

lizann
29-04-2016, 17:21
holy wow top drama

Rear window
29-04-2016, 20:22
RIP Denton, a completely unique, fascinating and unpredictable character. :(

Series 1 (and 2) is on Netflix and you can have a free month's trial if you're not a member. I too want to re-watch the whole the series.

You havenmade my day! I think we may have my son's netflix account on the telly!

Dazzle
29-04-2016, 20:28
You havenmade my day! I think we may have my son's netflix account on the telly!

I'm glad. Enjoy! :)

lizann
30-04-2016, 00:03
no more undercover for kate i would think

Dazzle
02-05-2016, 15:51
Just thought I'd post this fascinating interview with Line of Duty creator and writer Jed Mercurio. He talks in-depth about his unique creative process and Line of Duty's politics and social realism.

Beware that it contains spoilers for all three series of Line of Duty (except for the very last episode of series 3).

Another of his series, Bodies, is mentioned quite a lot in the interview and I can't recommend it enough. It's an extremely tense and gritty hospital drama that you'll need a strong constitution to watch, but is just as good as LoD in my opinion. I've heard it's on youtube (though I haven't looked myself) and it might also be on Netflix.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/line-of-duty/40287/line-of-duty-creator-jed-mercurio-interview

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bodies-Complete-BBC-Collection-Box/dp/B000GUJZR8/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1462200758&sr=1-2&keywords=bodies

Rear window
02-05-2016, 17:57
Turns out that my son doesn't have netflix anymore but we are planning on doing the free trial very soon.
:)