PDA

View Full Version : Family Matters

bakedbean
25-04-2015, 18:20
FAMILY MATTERS

Family Matters is a soap opera based on every day family life come on a journey of love, laughter and heartbreak.
Get ready to meet the family's who live and work in the small town Charnley on the out skirts of Birmingham
m. Meet the residents of Hudson Street who live far from quiet lives.
Meet the Macklin family who run the local pub The Coach, also meet the money made Young's who are as ruthless as they come , the rough and ready Hancock's who will do anything to get by.

So get set and ready for June 1st when Family Matters Episode 1 arrives.

bakedbean
27-04-2015, 20:32
THE MACKLIN FAMILY

VIV MACKLIN
While she may have a fearce reputation Viv Macklin is really the heart of Charnley. Many knock on her door for help and advice in their hour of need however you would do well not to cross her. Viv raised 2 sons Andy and James along with her alcholic and abusive husband Phil. Viv and Phil were the original landlord and lady of the Coach but when Phil suffered alchol posioning Viv handed over the reigns to her eldest son Andy and wife Kate. Phil died shortly after from liver failure and Viv soon moved in with her brother Harry to number 1 Hudson Street. Nowadays Viv can be found helping Harry run the cafe and occasionally behined the Coach bar. Viv loves nothing more than time with her family and will find any excuse for a family meal.

ANDY MACKLIN
The eldest Macklin child Andy was forced to run the family business when his father became ill. Andy married Kate and they had a child Beth. Married life is most certainly not plain sailing when Kate and Andy are involved but they will always put up a front for their locals. Andy has many a skeleton buried and is desperate to keep it that way. However the past has a habbit of coming back to haunt so the question is what exactly is Andy trying to keep dead and buried?

KATE MACKLIN
Kate had a difficult child hood, it was never easy growing up as a Boswell. Kate met Andy when she was 18 and jumped at the chance to leave her family behined especially her eldest brother Mark and mother Rosie. Sadly some of them followed older sister Val who married Jimmy Hancock and troublesome brother Max who is in a long term relationship with Chrissie Young. Kate lives the high life or at least she does when Andy allows her the credit card. While not always seeing eye to eye with her daughter Beth she is determined not to make the same mistakes as her mother. Kate loves Andy but does wish that he would stop with his dodgy dealings and dangerous friends.

BETH MACKLIN
At 14 Beth is as troublesome as they come. Daddy's little girl can do no wrong in Andy's eye but Kate can see straight through her. Maybe Beth and Kate dont get along because Kate was once like Beth.

JAMES MACKLIN
Youngest son James had a difficult childhood always seeming to be nothing but a disappointment to father Phil. Life got even harder for James when he came out as gay, Phil beat him black and blue Viv did try to fight him off but she also ended up the same way. James was relieved when his dad died and felt free to live the life he always wanted. James is now in a happy relationship with Roy however things are not always easy especially when Roy's ex wife and children come knocking.

ROY ATKIN
Roy left his wife Roxanne after finally coming out after years of hiding his secret. Roy is currently fighting Roxanne to see his children nothing would make him happy than to see his children. Roy loves James but how long can the relationship last with Roy's wife trying evreything she can to bring him home.

HARRY SMITH
Ever loving Harry brother to Viv and uncle to Andy and James. Harry runs the local cafe with sister Viv. Harry was in a relationship once with Gordon Sterling but was forced to end the relationship when Gordon left for america. Unable to get over the heart break Harry has remained single ever since but what would happen if Gordon was ever to return again?

bakedbean
06-05-2015, 19:18
THE HANCOCK FAMILY

JIMMY HANCOCK: Local taxi firm owner Jimmy is always looking for a quick and easy way to make some money. Sometimes his sceams can lead him into trouble and working alongside best mate Andy Macklin is always eventful. Jimmy is a good man at heart and always has the best intentions to provide for his family but this does not always go the way he plans. Married to Val Hancock for 22 years now they met when Val left her family the Boswells along with her younger twin brother and sister Max and Kate. Jimmy and Val have 2 twin sons Jay and Will who are both troublesome and forever causing Jimmy grief.

VAL HANCOCK: Honesty is always the best policy to Val but this can sometimes be difficult when being part of the Hancock and Boswell family. Val didnt have the easiest of childhood's watching her father die of lung cancer and seeing her mum disintergrate into an alcholic mess. Val took the descion to leave the family home along with her younger brother and sister Max and Kate. While Val's mother Rosie barely noticed it was her controling and meanacing brother Mark who Val had the real problem with. Luckily Jimmy was on hand and helped Val to raise her brother and sister before having children of their own twin boys Jay and Will. Nowadays Val works at the Harry's Cafe and does the odd shift here and there behined the bar of the coach. But what would happen if Val's past caught up with her what if brother Mark was released from prison and what if her mother Rosie was to try and make contact?

WILL HANCOCK: Will is son to Jimmy and Val just barley getting through university learning business studies. Will always had his head in a book as a child and has always been completly opposit to his twin brother Jay.

JAY HANCOCK: Jay is twin brother to Will and while Will has managed to get through to university and has a part time job at the local call centre, Jay is struggling to find work. Washing cars for your dad for a living is not exaclty a carrer starter. Jay is very much like his dad in always finding ways to make money but unlike Jimmy Jay has no limits to how far he will go to get cash fast. Question is how far will he actually go and what will be the consiquences for Jay and his family?

LEN HANCOCK: Father to Jimmy and husband to Edna, Len can always be found in one of two places The Coach or the bookies. Len is an old school chancer always looking at ways to make money for the family. Len used to be the local post man before retiring, nowadays Len is either relaxing at the pub or found by the old lake fishing.

EDNA HANCOCK: A fierce woman who you would do better than to cross. Edna and Len married young and she has always kept him on the right track. Edna and Val dont always see eye to eye especially when the boys are involved. The residents of Charnley know better than most not to cross old ma Hancock.

bakedbean
06-05-2015, 19:18
THE HANCOCK FAMILY

JIMMY HANCOCK: Local taxi firm owner Jimmy is always looking for a quick and easy way to make some money. Sometimes his sceams can lead him into trouble and working alongside best mate Andy Macklin is always eventful. Jimmy is a good man at heart and always has the best intentions to provide for his family but this does not always go the way he plans. Married to Val Hancock for 22 years now they met when Val left her family the Boswells along with her younger twin brother and sister Max and Kate. Jimmy and Val have 2 twin sons Jay and Will who are both troublesome and forever causing Jimmy grief.

VAL HANCOCK: Honesty is always the best policy to Val but this can sometimes be difficult when being part of the Hancock and Boswell family. Val didnt have the easiest of childhood's watching her father die of lung cancer and seeing her mum disintergrate into an alcholic mess. Val took the descion to leave the family home along with her younger brother and sister Max and Kate. While Val's mother Rosie barely noticed it was her controling and meanacing brother Mark who Val had the real problem with. Luckily Jimmy was on hand and helped Val to raise her brother and sister before having children of their own twin boys Jay and Will. Nowadays Val works at the Harry's Cafe and does the odd shift here and there behined the bar of the coach. But what would happen if Val's past caught up with her what if brother Mark was released from prison and what if her mother Rosie was to try and make contact?

WILL HANCOCK: Will is son to Jimmy and Val just barley getting through university learning business studies. Will always had his head in a book as a child and has always been completly opposit to his twin brother Jay.

JAY HANCOCK: Jay is twin brother to Will and while Will has managed to get through to university and has a part time job at the local call centre, Jay is struggling to find work. Washing cars for your dad for a living is not exaclty a carrer starter. Jay is very much like his dad in always finding ways to make money but unlike Jimmy Jay has no limits to how far he will go to get cash fast. Question is how far will he actually go and what will be the consiquences for Jay and his family?

LEN HANCOCK: Father to Jimmy and husband to Edna, Len can always be found in one of two places The Coach or the bookies. Len is an old school chancer always looking at ways to make money for the family. Len used to be the local post man before retiring, nowadays Len is either relaxing at the pub or found by the old lake fishing.

EDNA HANCOCK: A fierce woman who you would do better than to cross. Edna and Len married young and she has always kept him on the right track. Edna and Val dont always see eye to eye especially when the boys are involved. The residents of Charnley know better than most not to cross old ma Hancock.

bakedbean
06-05-2015, 19:34
THE YOUNG FAMILY

BRIAN YOUNG: While at times Brian can appear to be an obnoxious man underneath he is really a loving father and husband. There has been occasions where Brian has strayed but nowadays he does everything he can to stay faithful to his long suffering wife. Brain owns the local car dealership and garage Young's motors and also owns a number of property's around Charnley. Brian arrived in the late 70's and brought the old farm house with wife Sally. Together they have two daughters Lizzie and Chrissie. Brian does his best by his family but can at times find it difficult being the only male in the family.

SALLY YOUNG: Long suffering wife to Brian many in charnley say she is a fool for taking him back after the many affairs that he has had. Is Sally really a blinded by love or does she realise that leaving Brian would cost her status within the community and the financial power?

LIZZIE YOUNG: Fun loving party girl Lizzie needs to start thinking about settling down, at 30 years old Lizzie is the last of her friends that has yet to find the right man or to have children. Lizzie is currently trying to persude her dad Brian to buy the local hair salon which she manages will she be able to do this and will she ever be able to settle down?

CHRISSIE YOUNG: Chrissie always struggled being the younger sister to Lizzie, she had a lot to live up to. Chrissie met boyfriend Max at school and has been with him ever since. Now both are settled down and live at number 3 Hudson street (Owned by dad Brian) Chrissie is desperate to marry and have children but does Max want the same thing?

MAX BOSWELL: Max came to Charnley along with twin sister Kate and older sister Val who helped to raise them both. Max is close to his mother and while evrey one else around judge Rosie, Max is always the first to defend her. Max always looked up to brother Mark which upset sister Val until Mark was sent to prison for drug smuggling. Now Max is working for Brain managing Young's Garage but what would happen if his brother came to town? Could Max be led as tray into dangerous waters?

bakedbean
06-05-2015, 19:34
THE YOUNG FAMILY

BRIAN YOUNG: While at times Brian can appear to be an obnoxious man underneath he is really a loving father and husband. There has been occasions where Brian has strayed but nowadays he does everything he can to stay faithful to his long suffering wife. Brain owns the local car dealership and garage Young's motors and also owns a number of property's around Charnley. Brian arrived in the late 70's and brought the old farm house with wife Sally. Together they have two daughters Lizzie and Chrissie. Brian does his best by his family but can at times find it difficult being the only male in the family.

SALLY YOUNG: Long suffering wife to Brian many in charnley say she is a fool for taking him back after the many affairs that he has had. Is Sally really a blinded by love or does she realise that leaving Brian would cost her status within the community and the financial power?

LIZZIE YOUNG: Fun loving party girl Lizzie needs to start thinking about settling down, at 30 years old Lizzie is the last of her friends that has yet to find the right man or to have children. Lizzie is currently trying to persude her dad Brian to buy the local hair salon which she manages will she be able to do this and will she ever be able to settle down?

CHRISSIE YOUNG: Chrissie always struggled being the younger sister to Lizzie, she had a lot to live up to. Chrissie met boyfriend Max at school and has been with him ever since. Now both are settled down and live at number 3 Hudson street (Owned by dad Brian) Chrissie is desperate to marry and have children but does Max want the same thing?

MAX BOSWELL: Max came to Charnley along with twin sister Kate and older sister Val who helped to raise them both. Max is close to his mother and while evrey one else around judge Rosie, Max is always the first to defend her. Max always looked up to brother Mark which upset sister Val until Mark was sent to prison for drug smuggling. Now Max is working for Brain managing Young's Garage but what would happen if his brother came to town? Could Max be led as tray into dangerous waters?

bakedbean
06-05-2015, 19:45
OTHER CHARACTERS

BOB JORDAN: Ever loving husband to the at times domineering wife Silvia. Bob is a gentle sole often found at the local library studying local history. Bob works for the council in administration.

SILVIA JORDAN: The local town gossip Silvia works at the local corner shop. Silvia likes nothing more than getting home and relaxing with a nice bottle of rose wine in the hot tub.

HAYLEY PARKER: Girlfriend to Jay Hancock at times Hayley does wish that Jay would be more like his twin brother Will and go to university and make a future for himself. Could this lead to feelings for Will and what would happen between the brothers if she was to act upon them?

CALVIN DENNIS: Calvin is best friends with Len Hancock often found in the pub with him or fishing. Calvin has had two failed marriages behined him and has a son who he doesnt see due to falling out many years ago. Calvin is currently seeing Pearl Logan.

PEARL LOGAN: Pearl is currently seeing Calvin, Pearl loves nothing more than going to the local church St Paul's.

bakedbean
06-05-2015, 19:45
OTHER CHARACTERS

BOB JORDAN: Ever loving husband to the at times domineering wife Silvia. Bob is a gentle sole often found at the local library studying local history. Bob works for the council in administration.

SILVIA JORDAN: The local town gossip Silvia works at the local corner shop. Silvia likes nothing more than getting home and relaxing with a nice bottle of rose wine in the hot tub.

HAYLEY PARKER: Girlfriend to Jay Hancock at times Hayley does wish that Jay would be more like his twin brother Will and go to university and make a future for himself. Could this lead to feelings for Will and what would happen between the brothers if she was to act upon them?

CALVIN DENNIS: Calvin is best friends with Len Hancock often found in the pub with him or fishing. Calvin has had two failed marriages behined him and has a son who he doesnt see due to falling out many years ago. Calvin is currently seeing Pearl Logan.

PEARL LOGAN: Pearl is currently seeing Calvin, Pearl loves nothing more than going to the local church St Paul's.

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 18:39
FADE IN:

INT: THE BELL BAR -DAY
Inside the Coach and Horses bar KATE is setting up ready before she opens. ANDY walks in from outside carrying a couple of boxes. KATE looks unhappy about this.

KATE
What is in those boxes
ANDY
Oh nothing for you to worry about babe
KATE
Really, Andy they best not be anything dodgy or stolen
ANDY
Look i just told you its nothing to worry about it will all be gone by end of the week
KATE
Yea and what happens if we get caught, you could lose your licence
ANDY
Ah your talking rubbish woman
ANDY walks into the back with KATE looking unhappy.

FADE OUT

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 18:41
FADE IN:

INT: JAMES AND ROY'S FRONT ROOM-DAY

JAMES IS ON THE SOFA READING THE PAPER ROY WALKS IN ON HIS MOBILE LOOKING ANGRY ON THE PHONE TO HIS WIFE ROXANNE.

ROY
Look Roxanne im telling you i want to see my kids...Yea well you can try and stop me all you like....No you listen to me Roxanne this has gone on for far too long you need to deal with the fact that i am gay i have left you and we will never get back together.....You really want to do this....Fine then Roxanne i will see you in court.
ROY HANGS UP THE PHONE JAMES STOPS READING HIS PAPER

JAMES
Didnt go well then i take it
ROY
I cant belive the nerve of her she seriously thinks that she can stop me from seeing my own kids
JAMES
Well its hard on her she is acting out Roy she cant get to grips with the fact you left her for me
ROY
Yeah well this has gone on for far to long
ROY starts to go through his phone and dials a number
JAMES
Who are you calling now
ROY
My solicitor

FADE OUT

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 18:42
HANCOCK TAXI RANK OFFICE-DAY

JIMMY is sat at his desk working the phone line booking in the taxis.

JIMMY
Yes love will be with you in 10 minutes just on his way now
LEN walks into the office JIMMY put his head set down
JIMMY
Alright Dad how are you
LEN
Champion pal Champion...Aye got a right good tip for you today on the horses
JIMMY
Oh Yea will have to have a look in a bit
LEN
That problem you told me about the other week is it er is it sorted lad
JIMMY
Oh i bloody wish dad
LEN
And you still aint told Val
JIMMY
Could you imagine her reaction she was always set againts me getting this place said it was worthless and well she was right as always
LEN
Thats women for you always right...Look lad if you need some money i...
JIMMY
No dad you couldnt lend me enough to get myself out of this hole
Phone starts to ring
JIMMY
Look dad im going to need to get back to work
LEN
Yeah alright lad
LEN leaves the office looking concerned for JIMMY

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 18:43
THE BELL SMOKING AREA EXT-DAY

ANDY is outside smoking when his phone rings he looks unhappy and answers

ANDY
How many times do i have to tell you you dont ring me i ring you....What yeah its coming stop stressing...How is he...Yeah well end of the week i will have it i promise....Yeah bye.

ANDY hangs up looking uneasy

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 18:44
CHRISSIE AND MAX KITCHEN INT-DAY

CHRISSIE is making 2 cups of tea for her and dad Brian. She brings them over to Brain who is sat at the table eating a sandwich

BRIAN
Oh cheers love....You know i cant wait until they have finished building that blasted kitchen...Im missing home cooking especially your mothers
CHRISSIE
Kate said you have been in the Coach almost evrey day for the past 2 weeks for lunch
BRIAN
Well how else am i supposed to eat you know i wish i never agreed to this kitchen
CHRISSIE
Yes well you should know better than anyone else mum always gets her way
LIZZIE walks in through the back door and sits down next to BRIAN AND CHRISSIE
BRIAN
Oh hiya love
LIZZIE
Eating again Dad
BRIAN
What is this evrey tom dick and harry watching how much i am eating
LIZZIE
Never mind dad your kitchen will soon be ready and you can enjoy mums cooking all over again
BRIAN
Oh i really cant wait for some home cooking
LIZZIE
Listen dad have you seen the paper the hair dressers is still for sale
BRIAN
Oh not this again Lizzie i said no and i meant it
LIZZIE
Come on dad you know it makes sense i mean im already running the place so we may as well own it
BRAIN
I said no Lizzie and we are not having this discussion again ok
LIZZE
Fine
LIZZIE storms out slamming the door behined her BRIAN look angry
BRIAN
That bloody girl

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 18:45
CORNER SHOP INT DAY

SILVIA is working behined the counter while talking to SALLY, VIV is filling up her basket with goods.

SILVIA
So Sally how is the kitchen coming along
SALLY
I never knew there was so many different types of sinks there is literally hundreds
SILVIA
Bob said Brian was complaining the other evening
SALLY
He is missing his home cooking which i can understand but it wont take much longer
SILVIA
I would love a new kitchen just need to convince Bob
SALLY
It is most certainly worth it Silvia
VIV walks up to the counter with her goods
VIV
Afternoon girls how are we
SALLY
Oh Viv i was thinking about you this morning i have something for you if you would like it
VIV
Oh yea and what is that
SALLY
Well my old work tops i mean your kitchen could do with a re vamp how would you like them
VIV
You cant be serious
SALLY
Pardon
VIV
You are offering me your hand me downs who on earth do you think you are
SALLY
I was only offering
VIV
Yes well dont
SALLY
Oh really

SALLY leaves the shop

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 18:46
THE BELL BAR INT: EVENING

ANDY and KATE are both working behined the bar BOB and BRIAN are sat having a drink and the bar is busy with other locals

BOB
Hey did you hear your Sally upset Viv
BRIAN
Oh not again for goodness sake what about now
BOB
Well i dont understand it Sally offered Viv your old sideboards i dont really see the problem with that
BRIAN
Women Bob i will never understand bloody women
Camera cuts over to the door where two policemen walk in with Inspector Barlow ANDY looks uneasy about this
BARLOW
Andrew Macklin
ANDY
Whats up now Barlow
BARLOW
I have a warrant to search your premesis for stolen goods paticulary trianers

The police start to search the pub as the regulars look on KATE and ANDY look nervous at what the police are about to find.

Perdita
01-06-2015, 18:53
bakedbean, you might want to look at changing the way you are scripting this, I find it very difficult to read ...

bakedbean
01-06-2015, 19:21
Yea I typed it on word and when I copied here it didn't look right so I'm going to have to figure that one out.

bakedbean
27-06-2015, 11:36
FADE IN

THE BELL LIVING ROOM INT MORNING

ANDY is sat down on the sofa next to BETH drinking a cup of tea KATE walks in lookng angry

ANDY
Still not speaking to me i take it then

KATE ignores ANDY and sits down and starts to read her magazine

BETH
Silent treatment dad is never good how are you going to get out of this one

KATE
He isnt Beth your dad has really gone and done it this time

ANDY
Evreything is going to be fine

KATE
Really (getting angrier) You cant seriously believe that evreything is going to be fine we could lose this place Andy and its all because of your stupidity. How many times did i have to tell you dont bring any of your stolen goods here

ANDY
I was trying to make us some extra money

KATE
Yea well im sick to death of it all Andy you better come up with a plan because im not willing to lose this place we have worked to damn hard to keep The Bell going so you better get your thinking cap on and sort out this mess

FADE OUT

bakedbean
27-06-2015, 11:45
FADE IN

THE HANCOCK KITCHEN INT DAY

VAL is making a fry up JIMMY walks in looking tired

VAL
Blimey you look exhausted

JIMMY
I feel it i had a terrible nights sleep

VAL
You were tossing and turning most of the night you kept waking me up

JIMMY
Oh im sorry love

VAL
You havent been yourself lately hardly sleeping and being grumpy most of the day are you sure there is nothing going on

JIMMY
No Val im just struggling to get to sleep

VAL
Maybe i should book you for a doctors appointment

JIMMY
No i dont want to see no doctor Val

Val's mobile starts to ring she looks at it and it says Mum

JIMMY
Not going to answer that then

VAL
No

JIMMY
She has phoned for you evrey day this week Val

VAL
Yeah well she can keep on ringing

FADE OUT

bakedbean
26-07-2015, 17:06
FADE IN:

LEN AND EDNA KITCHEN INT MORNING

EDNA brings in a cooked breakfast for a gloomy looking LEN

LEN

Cheers chuck

EDNA
Well you could crack a smile Len

LEN
Sorry chuck im just not in the mood

EDNA
Whats wrong Len you have been like this for days im worried about you

LEN
If i tell you promise me you wont get angry and all guns blazing

EDNA
Go on then how much have you lost on the horses this time

LEN
Oh i wish it was that chuck i really do

EDNA
So if its not the horses then what...Are you in some sort of trouble

LEN
Not me chuck not me...Its our kid...Jimmy has gone and got himself into so much debt chuck i just don't know what to do.

EDNA
How much debt Len

LEN
Enough that we cant afford to help him

LEN and EDNA both look concerned as the scene fades

FADE OUT

bakedbean
26-07-2015, 17:07
VIVS CAFE INT MORNING

VIV is behined the counter serving customers while SALLY and LIZZIE are sat down both drinking coffee

LIZZIE
Come on mum you know it makes sense

SALLY
I agree with you buying the salon is a good idea but you know what your dad thinks

LIZZIE
Cant you convince him

SALLY
Look i will have a chat with him later but i am not making any promises

MAX walks in and goes to the counter to speak to VIV

VIV
Oh hello Max what can i get you

MAX
Erm nothing sorry Viv im looking for Val

VIV
Oh i see well she is not on shift today can i leve a message

MAX
Nah i will pop round cheers anyway Viv

VIV
No problem

MAX leaves

FADE OUT

bakedbean
26-07-2015, 17:09
FADE IN

THE BELL BACK YARD EXT MORNING

ANDY is smoking while on the phone looking around making sure no one can hear his conversation

ANDY
Look im struggling at the minute its not easy....No you listen....Look shut up will you...Look i will be round in a few days i just need some more time...Dont try and blackmail me...Hello...Hello

FADE OUT

bakedbean
26-07-2015, 17:12
FADE IN
HANCOCK FRONT ROOM INT AFTERNOON
JIMMY is sat at the table going through some paperwork when there is a knock at the door JIMMY goes to answer the door and EDNA walks in she spots the paperwork

JIMMY
You alright mum

EDNA
No not at all

JIMMY
Why whats wrong

EDNA
Me and your father have just had a chat about your situation

EDNA looks at the paperwork

JIMMY
Oh what did he go and tell you for look dad has probably made it sound worse than what it seems

EDNA
Twelve grand debts Jimmy is pretty much as bad as it gets if you ask me...What have you been doing you silly fool

JIMMY
Look it will be fine im just late on a few bills thats all

EDNA
Jimmy dont treat me like im soft your in real trouble here and you need to sort this you could lose evreything

JIMMY
And dont you think i know that mum a lecture is the last thing i need

EDNA
Listen me and your dad we have some savings put away for a rainy day he doesnt know about it because well i didnt want him to put it all on a horse...Let us help you son

JIMMY
I cant do that mum...I got myself into this mess and now its up to me to get myself out of it.

At the top of the stairs JAY and WILL are sat both listening and looking concerned

FADE OUT

bakedbean
26-07-2015, 17:13
FADE IN

THE BELL FRONT ROOM INT AFTERNOON

ANDY and KATE both walk in to the living room KATE is still looking unhappy

KATE
So come on then whats your grand plan

ANDY
Look the likely hood is that i will lose my licence meaning...

KATE
Meaning that we lose this place our business and our home gone forever

ANDY
Kate will you hear me out please

KATE
This better be good

ANDY
Your right without my licence we have no pub no home...But if we get you a licence then we are covered aint we...The courts cant touch you so long as i admit full responsibility

KATE
So you mean my name above the door

ANDY
Exactly

KATE smirks at the idea

KATE
Sometimes Andy you really are a genius

KATE'S phone starts to ring she answers

KATE
Max what's wrong....Yeah ok...Val coming too...Ok well i wont be long

FADE OUT

bakedbean
26-07-2015, 17:15
FADE IN
WILL AND JAY'S BEDROOM INT AFTERNOON

WILL and JAY are sat on their beds discussing what they have just heard.

WILL
We need to find a way to help out dad

JAY
Yeah like what

WILL
Well i am going to take as much overtime as i can and you need to start looking for a job

JAY
It aint easy i have been tryin

WILL
Well you are going to have to try harder unless you can think of a better plan

FADE OUT

bakedbean
26-07-2015, 17:16
FADE IN

MAX AND CHRISSIE'S LIVING ROOM INT AFTERNOON

MAX VAL and KATE are all sat around the table talking

VAL
So go on then what is the emergency

MAX
Its mum

VAL
Oh here we go look Max whatever lie she is telling you now i am not intrested

MAX
Listen Val its serious this time

VAL
Oh it always is where she is concerned

KATE
Val will you be quiet and let Max tell us what he needs to tell us

MAX
Well i went to see her the other day and well she told me she has been to the hospital

KATE
Is she ok

MAX
No bab she has got cancer and doctors reckon its terminal

VAL and KATE look worried about what MAX has just revelaed.

FADE OUT