http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news1.shtml

katherine
03-12-2006, 15:31
u can well and truly assume hes gonna be fired now stupid boy
they wouldnt have charged him if there was no truth or evidence
so i can well and truly believe it

Luna
04-12-2006, 08:33
The Foreign Office has confirmed that Emmerdale actor Ben Freeman was charged with rape while on holiday in Barbados.

He was arrested on the Carribean island earlier this week after an allegation was made by a British woman, a spokeswoman explained.

"A female British national has reported an alleged rape," she said. "That was reported to the Barbadian police on Wednesday.

"The accused is also a British national and we can confirm his details. The next of kin are aware and both individuals are receiving consular assistance."

Windsor, who plays Scott Windsor in the soap, was due in court on Friday but the hearing was postponed, and no details of a further date are available.

Katie Threlfall, Freeman's agent, said she had not been able to speak to the star. She added: "We cannot confirm the details of the story at the moment."

The News of the World said he was holidaying at the Almond Beach Village in the country.

Babe14
04-12-2006, 09:17
Hope he gets what he deserves by the sounds of it he's had it coming to him, given his behaviour. Surprised that Emmerdale haven't booted him out ages ago, so here's hoping they do so now.

alan45
04-12-2006, 10:20
If he is found guilty then he derserves everything he gets. I'm not defending him or anything (I cant stand him) but he is still innocent until proven guilty. It may turn out that the 'victim' changed her mind after sleeping with a soap star.

Strange how the private lives of soap stars often reflect their own screen persona

Babe14
04-12-2006, 11:27
If he is found guilty then he derserves everything he gets. I'm not defending him or anything (I cant stand him) but he is still innocent until proven guilty. It may turn out that the 'victim' changed her mind after sleeping with a soap star.

Strange how the private lives of soap stars often reflect their own screen persona

A thought did cross my mind and that is a while ago Chris Quentin (Ex-corrie) was also accused of rape but has since been cleared.

Yes I believe Innocent until proven guilty, but his track record of sleeping around and cheating on girlfriends is hardly going to help him.

Whatever the outcome I don't think that his "off-screen" behaviour is appropriate for a "Well Known" actor in a top soap.

Until the Debbie storyline I hated him totally but started to warm to him a little during this storyline, however I now have gone back to disliking him both as an actor and a character.

alan45
04-12-2006, 11:51
Whatever the outcome I don't think that his "off-screen" behaviour is appropriate for a "Well Known" actor in a top soap.

Until the Debbie storyline I hated him totally but started to warm to him a little during this storyline, however I now have gone back to disliking him both as an actor and a character.

I agree with your sentiments. I cannot stand the character at all.

Richie_lecturer
04-12-2006, 13:19
Let's hope Emmerdale see sense and ditch Runt Boy now, even if he is innocent of all charges.

Katy
04-12-2006, 16:20
at first i was a bit wary as it was the news of the world. but i doubt they would lie about something like that. He should get the boot as i dont htink it is the forst time he has been in the press for not the nicest things.

Chloe O'brien
04-12-2006, 23:10
If he is gulty then he should be fired right away. Look at both Chris Quentin and John Lesley their careers where ended by allegations. If ben is found gulty then he should be punished like everyone else

Babe14
05-12-2006, 09:35
I agree with your sentiments. I cannot stand the character at all.

He is a waste of space and yes Richie I really hope that Emmerdale do see sense and get rid, fast. They will be doing themselves no favours if they keep him on.

chance
16-01-2007, 12:36
I wonder what is going on with this case? I havent heard anything,anyone got any news?

alan45
16-01-2007, 12:41
I wonder what is going on with this case? I havent heard anything,anyone got any news?
He is on bail to return to the island on 15 March for his trial. No Happy Paddys Day for him then

brooksyrules
05-02-2007, 11:37
i agree with everyone i hate the character i thought the first scott was better but he hasnt being found guilty yet but he should be sacked

Abbie
05-02-2007, 12:43
Well this explains why he hasnt been in it lately, sorry I know im slow.
Well if he's guitly she should be sacked.

brooksyrules
23-02-2007, 14:56
i think yeah this will be why he hasnt being in it i think he got suspended didnt he

Luna
16-03-2007, 11:15
Five people have testified at a preliminary hearing in the case against Emmerdale actor Ben Freeman, who is charged with rape in Barbados.
The prosecution witnesses include police officers and staff at the hotel where the alleged rape occurred on 29 November, a police spokesman said.

Mr Freeman, 26, who attended the hearing in Bridgetown, is not required to enter a plea at this stage.

The preliminary hearing determines if there is enough evidence for a trial.

Police said a British woman, aged 16, accused Mr Freeman of sexually assaulting her while the actor was on holiday at the Almond Beach Village resort.

Chief magistrate Clyde Nicholls did not impose any restrictions on Mr Freeman's travel.

Mr Freeman, who plays Scott Windsor in the ITV1 soap, is currently taking a break from the series to fight the allegations.

Perdita
04-11-2007, 07:10
Does anybody know whether he is returning to Emmerdale at some time? I have not heard anymore about his alleged rape trial and when/how it went. :searchme:

alan45
04-11-2007, 07:34
As far as I know he is still awaiting trial.

Abbie
04-11-2007, 14:16
Im confused to who we are talking about, The scott Im thinking of I never thought he was a Dingle

Perdita
04-11-2007, 14:51
Sorry, must have had Dingle on my brain when I wrote that, I mean Scott Windsor of course.:o

Abbie
04-11-2007, 15:19
Oh right, okay that makes sense then, I know, I wodnered where hes been, but to be honest i think the soap is fine without him, he was mainly with Debbie anyway

Chris_2k11
04-11-2007, 18:48
I'd almost forgotten about him to be honest, i dont think he adds much to the show anyway, he's a bit boring.

lizann
04-04-2015, 21:12
was it his wedding marlon took the kids too?

lansineva
05-04-2015, 18:45
Yes, it was. Wonder if they are going to bring him back?

lizann
05-04-2015, 22:19

where was he for donna's funeral? i don't remember him and marlon being close friends

lizann
05-04-2015, 22:19

where was he for donna's funeral? i don't remember him and marlon being close friends

Perdita
05-04-2015, 23:30
Relative strangers become best buddies over night in soaps. I would not mind Ben Freeman coming back, but fear the usual thing .. him and Carly getting off as soon as he sets foot on Emmerdale soil .... former wife/girlfriend will join then to make things difficult ..... Bob will disapprove ..... yawn

tammyy2j
07-04-2015, 00:18
A recast would work, bring him back with his child with Zoe Tate

lizann
05-05-2020, 23:55
is jean with him or with zoe?

Perdita
06-05-2020, 04:25
is jean with him or with zoe?

I think with Zoe in New Zealand... if I remember correctly ...

lizann
26-04-2023, 17:46
he got a mention, could he return

lizann
06-01-2024, 16:18
surely he will be at heath's funeral