Eileen is wracked with guilt.
Cilla tries to play happy families.
And will Tim tell Sally the truth?

lizann
21-10-2014, 21:00
carla grasses up rob

swmc66
22-10-2014, 21:17
Tracy abandons her daughter to go on the run apparently. They need to run parenting classes at the new community centre

Dazzle
23-10-2014, 14:08
Tracy abandons her daughter to go on the run apparently. They need to run parenting classes at the new community centre

I wouldn't mind if she disappeared for good with Rob, to be honest. Maybe Amy would have a chance of not growing up to be a selfish cow like her mum then.

mariba
23-10-2014, 14:53
I wouldn't mind if she disappeared for good with Rob, to be honest. Maybe Amy would have a chance of not growing up to be a selfish cow like her mum then.

I think Amy already is just that-so damage is done..:( Can't stand her at all .

mariba
23-10-2014, 14:53

I think Amy already is just that-so damage is done..:( Can't stand her at all .

swmc66
23-10-2014, 14:54
She is not a nice kid

Perdita
23-10-2014, 15:22
I wonder why Amy is such a brat already seeing she has not spent that much time with her mother .....

Dazzle
23-10-2014, 16:18
I wonder why Amy is such a brat already seeing she has not spent that much time with her mother .....

It's probably in the genes. :thumbsdow

Perdita
25-10-2014, 11:56
Round-up:

Rob contacts Tracy and begs her to meet him with some cash. He persuades her to go on the run with him, but she realises that she must leave Amy behind. As Tracy spends her final few hours with Amy, Ken informs her that the police have found Rob’s murder weapon, prompting her to escape in his car and into Rob’s arms. Tony wins Liz round with a charm offensive. Audrey engineers a romantic moment for Maria and Luke, but their attraction turns to bickering during a day out.
Back in Weatherfield, Luke apologises and suggests they start again. Michelle is hurt when she learns that Steve is avoiding her. Michael sets off in search of his long-lost son. After rescuing Roy from a group of hooligans, Todd decides to build bridges with his family during a dinner at the bistro. Eileen begins to thaw until Jason reminds her of all that Todd has done. Downbeat and alone, Todd is later attacked by the hooligans and left in a critical condition. Yasmeen arranges a first aid course at the community centre. Katy takes a shine to the teacher, who inspires her with tales of his time as a paramedic. Having agreed to run the school Christmas auction, Tim is secretly fearful at the prospect of reading from a script. He confesses to Anna about his illiteracy, who offers to help him, but Sally soon becomes suspicious. Cilla’s new attitude prompts a change of heart for Chesney, who invites her to stay.

swmc66
25-10-2014, 12:24
That was quick finding the murder weapon obviusly he has told carla where he dumped it

parkerman
25-10-2014, 13:29
Do we get to see Peter again or has he gone now?

maidmarian
25-10-2014, 14:32
I think Deirdres done her best with Amy.
However Ken - the original soap absent
father- isnt much of an example.
Fortunately she doesnt have his genes!!
Perhaps Amy will improve in time!
Soap writers dont seem able to write
realistic stories for child actors without
making them" brattish".
Also child may have been "directed" to
overplay part.
Thankfully most real-life children aren't
like soap characters.

Glen1
25-10-2014, 16:26
Do we get to see Peter again or has he gone now?
According to the press he leaves next month so I presume that will be the final curtain .:(

parkerman
25-10-2014, 19:09
So he hasn't actually gone yet. Hopefully we get to see him a free man then?

Dazzle
25-10-2014, 19:34

Steve (who's a decent chap nowadays) has also played a big role in her life, so maybe there's still hope for her.

parkerman
25-10-2014, 20:02
This talk about Amy's genes remind me that actually Tracy and Peter are no relation to each other at all.

mariba
25-10-2014, 20:11
making them" brattish".
overplay part.
like soap characters.

Ken is not Amy's father, Steve is. Ken is grandfather.
When has Ken been absent? Only for very short time..

Unfortunately there is kids like Amy in real life too :(

mariba
25-10-2014, 20:11
making them" brattish".
overplay part.
like soap characters.

Ken is not Amy's father, Steve is. Ken is grandfather.
When has Ken been absent? Only for very short time..

Unfortunately there is kids like Amy in real life too :(

maidmarian
25-10-2014, 21:47
Ken was absent from.his own biogical 3 childrens
chilhoods and lives- Peter Susan & Daniel.
He is Amys step- grandfather.

maidmarian
25-10-2014, 21:47

parkerman
26-10-2014, 00:08
When has Ken been absent? Only for very short time.(

I suppose it depends what you mean by a very short time, but Ken was out of Peter's life for 35 years, from when Peter was five until he returned to Weatherfield at the age of 40. Though I have to say that seems like quite a long time to be absent from your child's life to me.

Perdita
26-10-2014, 03:49
Coming up on Coronation Street, sparks fly between Luke Britton and Maria Connor when they find themselves stranded in the countryside.

When Maria (Samia Ghadie) drives Luke (Dean Fagan) to a country cottage to view a car, they spend the journey bickering over her driving skills.

The day goes from bad to worse when the car's owner suddenly becomes unwell while out on a test drive, leaving Maria and Luke to hastily call an ambulance.

After the man gets rushed off to hospital, Maria and Luke find themselves stranded and are forced to set off back to the house on foot.

Although they blame each other for their disastrous day and argue, it is clear there is a spark between them...
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/43/618x347/03_11_coro_luke_maria_04.jpg
The owner of the car falls ill.
© ITV
The owner of the car falls ill.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/43/618x338/03_11_coro_luke_maria_02.jpg
Luke and Maria's day takes a turn for the worst.
© ITV
Luke and Maria's day takes a turn for the worst.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/43/618x336/03_11_coro_luke_maria_03.jpg
Maria and Luke call an ambulance.
© ITV
Maria and Luke call an ambulance.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/43/618x348/03_11_coro_luke_maria_01.jpg
Maria and Luke argue.
© ITV
Maria and Luke argue.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/43/618x347/03_11_coro_luke_maria_05.jpg
Luke and Maria blame each other for their bad day.
© ITV
Luke and Maria blame each other for their bad day.

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, November 3 on ITV.

swmc66
26-10-2014, 12:27
There was a spark with Carla and Katy too

mariba
27-10-2014, 11:04

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me :)
I have been watching Corrie only since 2000 - 2001 really..so for me he's always been there. Didn't even know he has 2 other children as well.

mariba
27-10-2014, 11:04

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me :)
I have been watching Corrie only since 2000 - 2001 really..so for me he's always been there. Didn't even know he has 2 other children as well.

hachiman
27-10-2014, 13:29
I suppose it depends what you mean by a very short time, but Ken was out of Peter's life for 35 years, from when Peter was five until he returned to Weatherfield at the age of 40. Though I have to say that seems like quite a long time to be absent from your child's life to me.

Peter was 35 when he came back to Weatherfield.

hachiman
27-10-2014, 13:29

parkerman
27-10-2014, 18:14
Yes, you're right. Sorry, my mistake.

Perdita
28-10-2014, 04:56
Monday

As the net closes in on Rob, Tracy faces up to the future, but is it as a married woman?

Rob is on the run and when Tracy gets a call from an unknown number, she is shocked to hear what Rob has to say. Telling Tracy that he loves she and Amy more than anything, Rob begs her to meet up with him and bring some cash. Will Tracy agree?

Meanwhile, as Liz opens her birthday card from Tony, she tells him that she can't believe he was so stupid as to get involved with Tracy Barlow. Will Tony be able to win her round with a surprise romantic meal in the back room of The Rovers?

Elsewhere, following a suggestion from Audrey, Maria calls in the garage and asks Luke if he'll come with her to look at a car she is thinking of buying.

Also, Michelle is at her wits' end as she tries to juggle her work commitments. Michelle is hurt to discover that Steve volunteered to do a double shift at Street Cars and is clearly avoiding her.

Finally, after several wasted phone calls, Michael gets hold of his cousin Elaine who provides him with a possible address for his son Gavin. Gail wishes him luck as he sets off in the hope of finding his son.

Monday (2)

When Beth calls at Number 1 to see Tracy, Ken is alarmed to discover that she is missing. At the B&B, Rob explains to Tracy how he never intended to kill Tina and wishes things were different. Tracy accuses Rob of risking everything for Carla.

As Ken searches in vain for Tracy, worried what might have happened to her, it's decision time for Tracy. Handing Rob some cash, will Tracy be able to face a life without the man she loves, or will she agree to go on the run with Rob?

Meanwhile, as Maria drives Luke to a country cottage where she has made an appointment to view a car, they bicker over her driving skills. They are out on a test drive with the car's owner when he suddenly becomes unwell and they hastily call an ambulance. As Maria and Luke set off on foot back to the house, they blame each other for their disastrous day.

Elsewhere, Tony works his charm on Liz.

Also, Eva does her best to encourage Todd and Eileen to mend bridges and talk to each other, but Jason wades in and orders Todd to leave.

Finally, Michael arrives home drunk, explaining to Gail how he searched the pubs of Manchester for Gavin and a barman said that he would get an address for him.

Wednesday

At Number 1, Tracy packs some things into a hold-all ready for her getaway with Rob. Desperate to spend a last few hours with Amy, Tracy tells her that she needn't go to school and instead they'll have a duvet day. Tracy hugs Amy tight, telling her how much she loves her.

When Ken arrives home announcing that the police have found Rob's murder weapon, Tracy jumps in Ken's car and makes her getaway. As Ken realises with horror that Tracy is in contact with Rob and has clearly chosen him over her own daughter, Tracy meets up with Rob. Rob is relieved to see her and after telling her how much he loves her, he suggests they leave straight away.

Meanwhile, as Eileen continues to ignore Todd, Roy offers him some advice and suggests it's time he ended the rift with family and friends. When hooligans later hurl eggs at the café, Todd rides to the rescue, chases them off and helps Roy clear up the mess. As Roy thanks Todd for his kindness, Tyrone and Fiz are impressed to hear about his good deed.

Elsewhere, Maria moans to Audrey about Luke, ranking him arrogant and selfish, but it's clear to Audrey that she fancies him. In The Rovers, Luke apologises to Maria and suggests they start again. With an obvious spark between them, will Maria agree?

Also today, Yasmeen tries to drum up interest in the first aid course she is running at the community centre. Izzy agrees to go and Katy finds herself pressganged into it.

Friday

In an attempt to build bridges, Todd offers to take Eileen, Jason and Eva out for dinner. At first Eileen refuses, but when Roy tells her about Todd's heroic efforts, she agrees to cut him some slack and meet for dinner.

Todd is pleased and orders champagne as he arrives at the Bistro. However, when Jason warns Eileen that she shouldn't believe a word Todd says as he'll only break her heart again, she does a u-turn. Downbeat Todd walks alone in a darkened side street, where he is set upon and mugged by a bunch of youths.

Meanwhile, after a sleepless night, Tracy feels terrible. But has she said goodbye to her own daughter or the man she loves?

Elsewhere, after a successful parents evening, Anna and Tim are proud of Faye. Having agreed to run the school Christmas auction, Tim is secretly fearful, knowing he'll be required to read from a script.

Also, Izzy, Katy, Alya, Beth and Kirk attend Yasmeen's first aid course. Yasmeen introduces Mark, the first aider, and the girls are instantly smitten. Once the course is over, Katy makes out that she has some questions. She is thrilled when Mark suggests he answers them over a drink.

Friday (2)

As Todd lies battered and semi-conscious, a passer-by calls an ambulance. The police contact Eileen and Jason, explaining that he is in hospital after suffering a vicious assault.

Eileen and Jason are horrified at Todd's injuries. Wracked with guilt and blaming herself for abandoning him, Eileen tells Todd how sorry she is for letting him down.

Meanwhile, Cilla cooks a lovely meal for Fiz, Tyrone, Chesney, Sinead, Beth and Kirk. Chesney thaws towards his mum and invites her to stay with them at Number 5.

Elsewhere, Tim confesses to Anna that he is illiterate and has to find a way of getting out of the school auction. Anna offers to help him learn to read and gives him a sympathetic hug. Sally watches, intrigued. When she quizzes Tim about his hug with Anna, how will Tim explain?

Also, in the Bistro, Mark regales Katy with heroic tales of his time as a paramedic. Katy is enthralled, but is she interested in Mark or his job?

Perdita
28-10-2014, 11:28
Coronation Street star Sue Cleaver has said that her character Eileen Grimshaw will blame herself after her son Todd is viciously beaten in an upcoming storyline.

Todd is attacked by a gang of thugs next week after he heads off alone into the night following more problems with his family.

The incident takes place after Eileen and Jason decide to snub a meal that Todd has organised in an attempt to make peace with them.

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn has already announced that Todd's attack will have long-term consequences as he is scarred for life following the frightening encounter.

Speaking about the storyline, Cleaver commented: "Eileen is absolutely consumed with guilt and horror that this needn't have happened. She said she would go for the meal and she didn't turn up. If she had turned up, this wouldn't have happened.

"It is a mother's worst nightmare. He's in a terrible state, he has horrific facial injuries and he is so angry."
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/43/618x842/soaps-corrie-8507-5.jpg
Todd is left beaten
© ITV
Todd is left beaten

Asked how the attack affects the Grimshaws, she replied: "After this, Eileen is going to gather them all into the fold. Her guilt will probably result in her making bad decisions. Because she feels so guilty, it will be all about Todd and getting him well, but she will want the family to unite again."

Unfortunately for Eileen, the chances of resolving her family problems appear slim as Todd secretly wants revenge against his loved ones after what happened.

Show insiders have teased that the subsequent storyline will see Todd at his most malicious and his extreme actions will have consequences which reach into 2015.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/43/618x416/soaps-corrie-8508-2.jpg
Eileen and Jason are horrified at Todd's injuries.
© ITV
Eileen and Jason are horrified at Todd's injuries

Cleaver added: "Eileen has no idea of the resentment that Todd is now harbouring and what he might have up his sleeve. Todd could be more dangerous now than ever and no-one will know!

"This could possibly change him, but not necessarily for the better. The scars are on the outside but the damage on the inside is going to be so much worse."

Coronation Street airs Todd's attack on Friday, November 7 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Ruffed_lemur
29-10-2014, 19:19
I wonder if Todd is the next bad guy after Rob? They seem to think they need a character like this all the time.

swmc66
29-10-2014, 21:13
I would have thought that this negative experience would change him for the better rather than the worst.

Perdita
29-10-2014, 21:36
True to soap life, he will be fine again in the morning , and not a change in character, maybe even more bitter and twisted than before :(

tammyy2j
30-10-2014, 15:33
Why don't Tracy take Amy with her and Rob on the run

Perdita
05-11-2014, 05:10
Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw finally shows signs of his old self in tonight's episode (November 5) as he does a good deed for Roy Cropper.

When Todd (Bruno Langley) spots Roy being tormented by youths who are throwing eggs at the café, he gives chase to the bullies and scares them off.

Rather than leaving it there, Todd also selflessly takes the time to help Roy clean up the mess.

Later, everyone is surprised to hear of Todd's actions and he enjoys the positive response he gets - but will it be enough to impress his family?
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/43/618x424/soaps-corrie-8506-1.jpg
Fizz and Tyrone witness Todd's good deed
© ITV
Todd helps out Roy

Coronation Street airs these scenes tonight at 7.30pm on ITV.

swmc66
05-11-2014, 09:17
So your partners depressed and has'nt said anything about his long lost son for years and then suddenly you decide finding him will make him feel better.

maidmarian
05-11-2014, 09:46
So your partners depressed and has'nt said anything about his long lost son for years and then suddenly
you decide finding him will make him feel better.

Obvoiusly got a diploma from tbe College of Caring
Compassion!

maidmarian
05-11-2014, 09:46
So your partners depressed and has'nt said anything about his long lost son for years and then suddenly
you decide finding him will make him feel better.

Obvoiusly got a diploma from tbe College of Caring
Compassion!

swmc66
05-11-2014, 10:32
She should go and find her own two long lost sons

Perdita
05-11-2014, 11:12

Ken adopted Tracy which legally makes Amy his granddaughter

parkerman
05-11-2014, 11:21
What two long lost sons?

Perdita
05-11-2014, 12:12
What two long lost sons?

Wiki on Ken Barlow: The character developed a reputation as a ladies' man; plots saw Ken dating numerous women, marrying four times to three women (Valerie Tatlock in 1962, Janet Reid in 1972 and Deirdre Langton in 1981 and again in 2005), fathering four children (Lawrence Cunningham, Susan Barlow, Peter Barlow and Daniel Osbourne), and adopting one daughter (Tracy Barlow).
Lawrence Cunningham must have been before my time watching, never heard the name before

Perdita
05-11-2014, 12:12
What two long lost sons?

Wiki on Ken Barlow: The character developed a reputation as a ladies' man; plots saw Ken dating numerous women, marrying four times to three women (Valerie Tatlock in 1962, Janet Reid in 1972 and Deirdre Langton in 1981 and again in 2005), fathering four children (Lawrence Cunningham, Susan Barlow, Peter Barlow and Daniel Osbourne), and adopting one daughter (Tracy Barlow).
Lawrence Cunningham must have been before my time watching, never seen the character. Daniel is with his mother Denise but I don't remember where they moved to when they left

Perdita
05-11-2014, 12:22
Just remembered ... his real son played as his son and there was his grandson who attacked him ... Lawrence was the son ... was a few years ago now

swmc66
05-11-2014, 12:38
What two long lost sons?

The one swapped at birth and Ryan who you never hear of now

swmc66
05-11-2014, 12:38
What two long lost sons?

maidmarian
05-11-2014, 12:45
Lawrence Cunningham must have been before my time watching, never seen the character. Daniel is with his mother Denise but I don't remember where they moved to when they left

Im not a fan of Kenneths - but in the case of Lawrence-
he didnt know he was the father or that L existed.
A few years ago Norris found an old letter addressed
to Ken.- behind the skirting board at Emilys!!
I think that was where Ken lived with his parents
before his first marriage. After a lot of hoo-hah Norris
gave letter to Ken. After checking at the address on
letter ( from.old flame) it appeared that she had married
and had a son but was now dead. Dierdre noticed a
likeness between Ken and Lawrence and it was
established Ken was the father. She had married
husband whilst in very early stage of preganancy.
Lawrence was played by Linus( WRs real life son) The
character was homophobic but had a gay son.
The gay son was played by WRs other real son(Kens

grandson) who carried a scam at the charity Sophie
was involved with and she stole about £20 k from
Kevins bank a/c.

The above is recommended reading for insomniacs!!

maidmarian
05-11-2014, 12:45

Im not a fan of Kenneths - but in the case of Lawrence-
he didnt know he was the father or that L existed.
A few years ago Norris found an old letter addressed
to Ken.- behind the skirting board at Emilys!!
I think that was where Ken lived with his parents
before his first marriage. After a lot of hoo-hah Norris
gave letter to Ken. After checking at the address on
letter ( from.old flame) it appeared that she had married
and had a son but was now dead. Dierdre noticed a
likeness between Ken and Lawrence and it was
established Ken was the father. She had married
husband whilst in very early stage of preganancy.
Lawrence was played by Linus( WRs real life son) The
character was homophobic but had a gay son.
The gay son was played by WRs other real son(Kens

grandson) who carried a scam at the charity Sophie
was involved with and she stole about £20 k from
Kevins bank a/c.

The above is recommended reading for insomniacs!!

parkerman
05-11-2014, 12:49

She did find the one swapped at birth and decided it would be best to leave things as they are. Ryan isn't exactly lost...

parkerman
05-11-2014, 12:49

She did find the one swapped at birth and decided it would be best to leave things as they are. Ryan isn't exactly lost...

maidmarian
05-11-2014, 12:59
Just remembered ... his real son played as his son and there was his grandson who attacked him ... Lawrence was the son ... was a few years ago now

Very sorry Perdita- didnt realise u had sent another
reply whilst I was typing mine
my apologies MM

Dazzle
05-11-2014, 15:23
So your partners depressed and has'nt said anything about his long lost son for years and then suddenly you decide finding him will make him feel better.

I'm so confused by this Swm. Are you talking about Michelle and Steve? Has he got a long lost son then?

The writers seem to have deleted the swapped at birth storyline from Corrie's history as Michelle's real son hasn't been mentioned for years now. I don't blame them to be honest as the storyline didn't work at all.

Perdita
05-11-2014, 16:33
The relevant parents agreed at the time that Ryan would stay with Michelle as he has grown up with her as his mother and Alex would stay with the family he knows as his family. Maybe, as Ryan has disappeared to Ibiza, Alex might need his birth mother for some reason and could be re-introduced ....

Dazzle
05-11-2014, 17:45
The relevant parents agreed at the time that Ryan would stay with Michelle as he has grown up with her as his mother and Alex would stay with the family he knows as his family. Maybe, as Ryan has disappeared to Ibiza, Alex might need his birth mother for some reason and could be re-introduced ....

You'd think she'd stay in contact or at least mention him occasionally though. It's like she's forgotten he ever existed. What normal mother could do that?

Perdita
05-11-2014, 17:53
Maybe it is so not to confuse newer viewers that are not aware of previous storylines ... :searchme:

swmc66
06-11-2014, 08:32
Agree storyline did not work and they should not revisit The spoilers say Michelle goes searching for Steve's long lost son. I did not know he had one.

swmc66
06-11-2014, 08:33
It confused us regulars that storyline. It was so daft

maidmarian
06-11-2014, 09:58
Agree storyline did not work and they should not revisit The spoilers say Michelle goes searching for Steve's long lost son. I did not know he had one.

I.hadnt heard about Steve having long -long son
either but they are very frequent in soaps- so
could have missed it!
The only recent spoiler on this subject is in
w/c 3rd Nov where it mentions Michael going
to look for HIS long-lost son.
Sorry if Ive missed something obvious and
would be grateful.for any more info.
Steve as enough problems already.!!

maidmarian
06-11-2014, 09:58

could have missed it!

Dazzle
06-11-2014, 13:14
The spoilers say Michelle goes searching for Steve's long lost son. I did not know he had one.

could have missed it!

I think you're right, Maid Marian, and Swmc has confused Michael for Steve. I'm pretty sure that the latter has no long lost son. :hmm:

swmc66
06-11-2014, 21:08
Sorry guys I think you are right. I have been thinking of Michelle rather than Micheal how funny.

lizann
06-11-2014, 22:28
Sorry guys I think you are right. I have been thinking of Michelle rather than Micheal how funny.

easy mistake :lol:

Perdita
07-11-2014, 04:36
Coronation Street's Grimshaw family are left in turmoil in tonight's episodes (November 7) after Todd is attacked while alone and vulnerable.

Todd (Bruno Langley) is targeted in an alleyway after walking off in an emotional state as his family have pulled out of attending an apology meal he has organised for them at the Bistro.

The incident sees Todd beaten up badly after refusing to hand over his wallet to a group of muggers. When his family hear the worrying news, they feel terrible as they know it wouldn't have happened if they had showed up to the Bistro as planned.

Later at the hospital, Eileen takes the news worse than anyone and seems reluctant to leave Todd's side as she feels so guilty. It's clear that a struggling Todd has the sympathy of his family again, but has the price been too high to pay?
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/45/618x411/soaps-coronation-street-todd-grimshaw-attack-aftermath.jpg
The Grimshaws are devastated over Todd
© ITV
The Grimshaws are devastated over Todd

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.