PDA

View Full Version : Martin Fowler

Pages : 1 [2]

Richie_lecturer
15-04-2006, 00:36
It is always sad to see a long standing character decide to leave. I just hope that June Brown, Adam Woodyatt nor Pam St Clement are next on the exit list.
June has just signed a two year contract to take her to 2008, when she will be 81. Not sure if she will stay on after that.

eastenders mad
15-04-2006, 10:22
well Martin and Sonia have been it for to long i think they should both leave for good

Bryan
15-04-2006, 11:01
All i can say, is about time! He's been a useless charcter for months now, its about time someone made the decision to get rid of him. Good riddance.

a step in the right direction for Eastenders, getting rid of the dead wood

the problem with this show, more than the other soaps, is that there are some characters they never get rid of because of the time theyve been on the show etc... but some are just useless and are wasting spaces that could be taken up by fresh and exciting characters such as Jack, Bradley and Kevin.

Remove the Smiths! Remove the Beales! Remove Gary and Minty! Then i shall be happy...

crazygirl
15-04-2006, 12:49
martin is so boring he always has been so im glad to see the end of him

Florijo
15-04-2006, 13:21
Martin is only boring cos the writers have made him so boring by giving him rubbish storylines.

DaVeyWaVey
15-04-2006, 17:31
who's gonna run the fruit n veg stall?

My bet is that it might be Darren as he is becoming new to the business industry and i think it would be good for him if he worked on a fruit and veg stall :)

Richie_lecturer
15-04-2006, 19:23
well Martin and Sonia have been it for to long i think they should both leave for good
By that logic, Pauline, Ian, Dot, Pat, Sharon, and the Mitchells are in the firing line. Well Sharon and the Mitchells can go (:p) but the others are irreplacable. :nono:

:confused:

crazygirl
15-04-2006, 19:39
Martin is only boring cos the writers have made him so boring by giving him rubbish storylines. i know! they have just made a boring character! and i dont think they should of really had him in all this time mark was the same

alan45
15-04-2006, 19:40
Oh please please kill off ALL the Mitchells they are superfluous to requirements

Luna
15-04-2006, 19:42
omg i hope he comes back i love martin i think he's one of the best there

Richie_lecturer
15-04-2006, 19:44
That must speak volumes then. :rolleyes:

Kim
15-04-2006, 20:52

It looks like they will. I know the door is being left open for them but how many characters of similar significance to the show as Sonia and Martin have actually returned?

Kim
15-04-2006, 20:55
who's gonna run the fruit n veg stall?

Joe maybe? But I wish it would just vanish. The only thing interesting centered around that stall was when Phil knocked it over!

Bryan
15-04-2006, 21:10
Martin will return for Pauline's funeral, Sonia for Jim's/Dot's...we wont have seen the last of them... :rolleyes:

di marco
15-04-2006, 21:11
Martin will return for Pauline's funeral, Sonia for Jim's/Dot's...we wont have seen the last of them... :rolleyes:

not necessarily, some really lame excuse might be thought up instead.....:rolleyes:

Bryan
15-04-2006, 21:15
not necessarily, some really lame excuse might be thought up instead.....:rolleyes:

well natalie has basically stated she wants to return...so she will do at some point and she would have to agree, that is the most logical reason to return, after all Jim and Dot are all that keeps her in Walford these days since the Jackson clan have dissapeared.

Em
15-04-2006, 21:22
I think they will probably both comeback at some point, they dont seem the type to forget where they came from!

DaVeyWaVey
15-04-2006, 21:39
I hope they both do come back in the future as the door has been left open for them and parts of both Martin and Sonia's family still live in the Square so this could be a plausible way for them to return :)

Kim
15-04-2006, 22:06
a step in the right direction for Eastenders, getting rid of the dead wood

What gets me is that EE bosses didn't actually give James the boot, he chose to go. And they say they will miss him greatly.

Bryan
15-04-2006, 22:08
What gets me is that EE bosses didn't actually give James the boot, he chose to go. And they say they will miss him greatly.

i know what you mean... eastenders is afraid to get rid of some characters becuase of the time theyve been there

if they had thier way we'd still see charlie, big mo, dot, pauline, ian and co on our screens in 20 years time if they are still alive...

chance
15-04-2006, 22:14
Long time coming,ive never really taken to martin.

Richie_lecturer
15-04-2006, 22:19
I wonder what his exit storyline will be?

Perhaps the residents revolt when they finally discover the fruit and veg on the Fowler's stall is, in actual fact, plastic and not fruit at all. Martin then decides to move the stall to America, close to Michelle's home, where the Lanky Moron becomes the Yanky Moron. :cool:

DaVeyWaVey
15-04-2006, 22:32
This is my theory:
I think that Naomi and Sonia will want to get married but Martin can't face his ex-wife marrying her girlfriend and realises he won't be able to cope at all seeing Naomi and Sonia together happily married living on the other side of the Square so he decides he wants to leave Walford and have a fresh start so he gets in touch with Michelle in America and leaves on the day before Sonia and Naomi's wedding.
(Martin leaves)

On their wedding day, Sonia realises that Martin has left the Square because he can't bear to see her getting married and when Pauline goes round to see Sonia as she is about to go to the church, Pauline shouts at her and slaps her and accuses her of ruining her son's life. Sonia begins to feel guilty and can't face marrying Naomi. Also Jim still can't accept that Sonia wants to marry Naomi and afraid of dissapointing her granddad, she decides not to go through with the wedding. She goes to pack her things and breaks down into tears as she leaves a note for Naomi explaining herself and how much she loves her. She leaves Rebecca on Pauline's doorstep and leaves a note saying that Martin deserves their daughter after all the pain she put him through. She goes to the airport and she jets off on a plane wiping a tear from her eye.
(Sonia leaves)

What does everyone think?? :)

Bryan
15-04-2006, 22:37
This is my theory:
I think that Naomi and Sonia will want to get married but Martin can't face his ex-wife marrying her girlfriend and realises he won't be able to cope at all seeing Naomi and Sonia together happily married living on the other side of the Square so he decides he wants to leave Walford and have a fresh start so he gets in touch with Michelle in America and leaves on the day before Sonia and Naomi's wedding.
(Martin leaves)

On their wedding day, Sonia realises that Martin has left the Square because he can't bear to see her getting married and when Pauline goes round to see Sonia as she is about to go to the church, Pauline shouts at her and slaps her and accuses her of ruining her son's life. Sonia begins to feel guilty and can't face marrying Naomi. Also Jim still can't accept that Sonia wants to marry Naomi and afraid of dissapointing her granddad, she decides not to go through with the wedding. She goes to pack her things and breaks down into tears as she leaves a note for Naomi explaining herself and how much she loves her. She leaves Rebecca on Pauline's doorstep and leaves a note saying that Martin deserves their daughter after all the pain she put him through. She goes to the airport and she jets off on a plane wiping a tear from her eye.
(Sonia leaves)

What does everyone think?? :)

why would she feel guilty a year down the line... shes already hurting martin and tearing the folwers apart... if she dont care now then she wont care in a years time

good theorey tough, just cant see it happeneing as Sonia is becoming a very selfish character of late

Em
15-04-2006, 22:44
I think sonia should kill naomi (just to be on the safe side with the other two leaving i dont want her to stay) in a jealous rage as naomi realises she really loves pat.

Kim
16-04-2006, 09:57
why would she feel guilty a year down the line... shes already hurting martin and tearing the folwers apart... if she dont care now then she wont care in a years time

good theorey tough, just cant see it happeneing as Sonia is becoming a very selfish character of late

The Sun seemed to be suggesting that Martin and Sonia would reunite and leave with Rebecca.

melmarshall858
16-04-2006, 10:37
If they have got to leave i think that would be an ideal ending for them you could definately understand why they would move away from Pauline and Walford to do so. I just hope that then they wouldn't have Sonia return a year or so later saying Martin is dead or they split up and ruin yet another happy ending.

Bryan
16-04-2006, 16:00
The Sun seemed to be suggesting that Martin and Sonia would reunite and leave with Rebecca.

this would be pointless... she doesnt love him no more and shes become lesbian... it will just ridicule the storyline department and the show as a whole if that happens

besides it can only be speculation as to what storylines will be happening in a year and a halfs time...

DaVeyWaVey
16-04-2006, 16:16
I think that Martin and Sonia's exits could be totally unrelated to the current storyline with Naomi and Sonia. Anything can happen with Martin and Sonia between now and next summer :)

chocolate
16-04-2006, 19:07
for some reason i dont think naomi and sonia will last dont know why? i think i heard it somewhere cant remember, neway im actaually gutted that martin is leavin , even though ther isnt really any good storylines, now that sonia is with naomi, im not gutted about sonia leavin (even though natalie cassidy is a great actress) , just want naomi to leave.

Becksfanz
16-04-2006, 20:31
oh boy i cant wait for his leaving scenes as he has become borrriiingggg! and his storylines are crap

.:SpIcYsPy:.
17-04-2006, 18:24
I am getting a bit bored of him anyways. He did well...

tammyy2j
18-04-2006, 15:08
Martin and Sonia became boring as soon as they hooked up and got married. I hope Martin kills Sonia and Naomi and leaves Walford then.

dddMac1
18-04-2006, 15:10
good luck to James Alexandrou will miss him

Perdita
10-04-2014, 08:33
James Alexandrou has said that he is not ruling out a return to EastEnders.

The 28-year-old actor joined the BBC One soap as Martin Fowler in 1996, later leaving in 2007.

Despite Alexandrou's screen wife Sonia (Natalie Cassidy) returning to Albert Square this year, he has said that he will not be coming back to the show any time soon.

Speaking to What's On TV, Alexandrou said: "Natalie called me when she went back in it and she was so happy and it seems like there's a really nice atmosphere there, and I know that when Danny Dyer came in it really energised it and he's great for the show.

"For the first time in a long time, I was really going, 'Could I do it? Could I do it?' But I don't think the time's right for me right now. But it's never a no - it's just not right now."

Alexandrou, who is currently starring in a West End production of Othello as Iago, told Digital Spy in 2011 that he was not interested in returning to EastEnders in the foreseeable future.

Timalay
07-09-2014, 21:37
Why don't EastEnders bring back Martin now we've got Sonia and Rebecca back. Ok if James Alexandrou doesn't want to do it, just recast him (wouldn't be the first time EastEnders have done this).

Scarlet Fever
03-10-2014, 11:33
Why don't EastEnders bring back Martin now we've got Sonia and Rebecca back. Ok if James Alexandrou doesn't want to do it, just recast him (wouldn't be the first time EastEnders have done this).

Agreed - it wouldnt be too hard to recast, I think it would be really good to bring him back.

Scarlet Fever
03-10-2014, 11:33

Agreed - it wouldnt be too hard to recast, I think it would be really good to bring him back.

Timalay
05-10-2014, 22:01
I think the way EE producers have Sonia at moment, it make very unbelievable they she really is back with Martin.

Perdita
12-10-2014, 04:50
EastEnders bosses have recast Albert Square original Martin Fowler.

Jon Peyton Price and James Alexandrou have portrayed Martin Fowler on and off since 1985, but now James Bye will be taking on the role.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/41/618x621/james-bye.jpg
James Bye
© Twitter / James Bye
James Bye is taking over the role of Martin Fowler

Bye announced that "it is an honour" for him to be joining the cast of EastEnders.

"It's a huge opportunity for me to put my own stamp on an iconic character and I can't wait to get started," he added.

EastEnders producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins said that the recasting had been undertaken with the endorsement of James Alexandrou, who played Martin from 1996 to 2007.

"With James Alexandrou's blessing - something which was very important to us - we have recast everyman Martin Fowler after extensive auditions," Treadwell-Collins said.

He added: "Martin is an EastEnders original - the first baby born on the Square and part of the show's roots - and, as we celebrate 30 years on Albert Square, it's important to look backwards as we move forwards."

Troubled Martin's most well-known storyline involved his marriage to Sonia (Natalie Cassidy), who recently returned to Albert Square when the couple's relationship hit a rough patch.

Martin will be attempting to repair his marriage when he shows up on the Square this winter.

New EastEnders cast addition Bye's previous screen credits include parts in The Great Train Robbery and The Hooligan Factory.

EastEnders insiders first tipped that a major character would be recast several weeks ago.

Perdita
12-10-2014, 11:09
EastEnders bosses have recast Albert Square original Martin Fowler.

Jon Peyton Price and James Alexandrou have portrayed Martin Fowler on and off since 1985, but now James Bye will be taking on the role.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/41/618x618/soaps-eastenders-james-bye-martin-fowler.jpeg
James Bye as Martin Fowler in EastEnders
© BBC

Bye announced that "it is an honour" for him to be joining the cast of EastEnders.

"It's a huge opportunity for me to put my own stamp on an iconic character and I can't wait to get started," he added.

EastEnders producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins said that the recasting had been undertaken with the endorsement of James Alexandrou, who played Martin from 1996 to 2007.

"With James Alexandrou's blessing - something which was very important to us - we have recast everyman Martin Fowler after extensive auditions," Treadwell-Collins said. "Martin is an EastEnders original - the first baby born on the Square and part of the show's roots - and, as we celebrate 30 years on Albert Square, it's important to look backwards as we move forwards.

"Our casting executive Julia Crampsie has found a genuine relatable London bloke in the talented James Bye - and we are sure that viewers old and new will soon warm to Martin Fowler's charms as he returns home to Walford."

Troubled Martin's most well-known storyline involved his marriage to Sonia (Natalie Cassidy), who recently returned to Albert Square when the couple's relationship hit a rough patch.

Martin will be attempting to repair his marriage when he shows up on the Square this winter.

New EastEnders cast addition Bye's previous screen credits include parts in The Great Train Robbery and The Hooligan Factory.

EastEnders insiders first tipped that a major character would be recast last week.

He does look quite like James Alexandrou :D

tammyy2j
06-02-2015, 16:21
Is he coming back full time or was it an once off appearance, I thought with a recast he would be around full time

xx_Dan_xx
06-02-2015, 16:30
Is he coming back full time or was it an once off appearance, I thought with a recast he would be around full time

I saw him in a cast photo when they were shooting the Lucy Murder trailer so I am confident its not the last we'll see of him.

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10917128_314088585447322_892281083062950531_n.jpg? oh=ed1bc6d117517603606773d7e07c5922&oe=556BF5C5

xx_Dan_xx
06-02-2015, 16:30

lizann
06-02-2015, 22:31
he will be at ian's wedding

xx_Dan_xx
14-02-2015, 12:37
Looks like he is back in live week from the trailer as I think its him that breaks down the door of where Nicks body is.

parkerman
14-02-2015, 17:19
Looks like he is back in live week from the trailer as I think its him that breaks down the door of where Nicks body is.
Oh yes, nice touch as Arthur Fowler was one of those who broke down the door to find Reg Cox in the first episode. Sharon should be with him.

Katy
15-02-2015, 15:46
Had a feeling he may reappear.

Funnily enough James Alexandrou has been on our screens a bit recently, Silent Witness and Casualty in the last few weeks.

xx_Dan_xx
15-02-2015, 18:37
It looks like Kush and Stacey to me that join him.

lizann
16-02-2015, 20:54

he could be stacey's new fella

lizann
16-02-2015, 20:54

tammyy2j
18-02-2015, 00:21

Did they ever meet before?

Perdita
18-02-2015, 06:13
They should have done .. Stacey joined around 2004 and Martin left a couple of years later

lizann
18-02-2015, 15:15
They should have done .. Stacey joined around 2004 and Martin left a couple of years later

she didn't know him last night but he has a different head now too :p

lizann
18-02-2015, 15:15

she didn't know him last night but he has a different head now too :p

Perdita
18-02-2015, 16:44
Easy to never see or meet your neighbours on Albert Square, I guess :lol:

lizann
15-03-2015, 14:38
a bit of chatter on twitter of him and cindy getting very close, liam losing a gf to uncle marty

Kim
15-03-2015, 15:25
a bit of chatter on twitter of him and cindy getting very close, liam losing a gf to uncle marty

I doubt it to be honest. Although Cindy is 16 now, Martin is nearly twice her age. There are some weird theories online sometimes, such as a fixation with Sharon and every new blonde female casting being Lola's mum.

Dazzle
15-03-2015, 19:55

Wow, that would be extremely distasteful and would ruin Martin's character, so I can't see it happening either.

Perdita
15-03-2015, 20:31
Never expected a newly married Molly falling head over heels for Kevin Webster in Coronation Street but that happened ... so potentially this could happen but I would rather it did not :nono:

Perdita
21-03-2015, 07:40
EastEnders star James Bye has asked fans to give him a chance in the role of Martin Fowler.

Martin was played by James Alexandrou from 1996 to 2007, with Bye taking over the role last year.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/08/618x554/soaps-eastenders-james-bye-martin-fowler-2.jpg
© BBC / Kieron McCarron
James Bye as Martin Fowler

Speaking about the recast on This Morning today (March 20), Bye said: "They are enormous shoes as James Alexandrou, who played Martin previously, did such a great job.

"Obviously he was on it for quite a long time, so fans who watch EastEnders are going to still see him and say, 'That's Martin Fowler'.

"I still see him as Martin Fowler. So I can understand that people are maybe upset, although that is probably a bit strong. All I ask is that they give me a chance."

Bye also heaped praise upon actress Lindsey Coulson, who plays Martin's mother-in-law Carol Jackson.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/11/618x444/soaps-eastenders-5037-01.jpg
Martin tells Rebecca she should live with Sonia.
© BBC
Martin tells Rebecca she should live with Sonia

He said: "All of the actors on EastEnders are great but some of them are amazing. I was saying before that one of my favourite actresses away from EastEnders, and in it, is Lindsey Coulson. I get to do quite a lot of stuff with her and she is brilliant."

Speaking about Martin's secret, which viewers will see revealed on screen next week, Bye added: "He does have a big secret and that definitely affects the Sonia and Rebecca situation.

"He is just a family man. He goes off the rails but he just wants to be back with Rebecca and have that 2.4 children relationship."

Perdita
19-05-2015, 09:22
EastEnders' Martin Fowler is given fresh hope for a romance with Stacey Branning when he moves in with her next week.

The pair have struck up a friendship in recent weeks but Stacey (Lacey Turner) has made it clear that she isn't interested in anything more.

With Kat and Alfie Moon no longer around, Stacey has a spare room in her flat and propositions Martin (James Bye), who is keen to move out of Ian's house.

However, Stacey immediately regrets the offer when Martin gets the wrong end of the stick and takes her kind actions to mean something more.

After Martin apologises for his flirtatious behaviour, Stacey agrees to let him move in, but makes it clear that they will only ever be friends.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/21/618x431/soaps-eastenders-5073-2.jpg
Martin gets the wrong idea with Stacey
© ITV
Martin gets the wrong idea with Stacey
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/21/618x436/soaps-eastenders-5073-1.jpg
Stacey accepts Martin's apology
© ITV
Stacey accepts Martin's apology

Despite agreeing to Stacey's conditions, it is evident that Martin has other ideas and he later tells Kush that he will be marrying Stacey within the year.

Later in the week, an optimistic Martin moves in with Stacey, but does she share the same feelings as him?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Monday, May 25 and Tuesday, May 26 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
28-06-2015, 21:31
James Bye has said that the current love square involving his character Martin Fowler will change dramatically over the coming weeks.

Upcoming episodes will see Martin rekindle his tenuous relationship with his flatmate Stacey Branning, but he is currently unaware of her feelings for his best friend Kush Kazemi.

Last night's episode of the soap saw Shabnam Masood learn that she was expecting Kush's baby, and a future storyline will also see Stacey fall pregnant as well.

Speaking about what is coming up next in the complicated storyline, Bye said to Digital Spy: "The Shabnam, Kush, Stacey and Martin love square changes so dramatically over the next few weeks.

"The viewer reaction will shift as the weeks go on. When I go on Twitter, the reactions change from night to night depending on what happens."

He also added: "There is more stuff coming up for Martin and Stacey and also for Martin and Kush. You find out more about Kush and Martin's friendship and just how far back they have been and how close they are.

"Hopefully, down the line, you will see it all come to a head and they will have a scrap. Martin has absolutely no idea at the moment how Stacey feels about Kush."

Bye also admitted that he would like to see a tougher side to Martin if and when the truth about Stacey and Kush eventually comes out.

He said: "The beauty of playing Martin is that even though he is the mundane guy, when he has a drink, anything can happen.

"I would like to see that side of Martin. He has come back a bit soppy and I don't know why he is being like that. He is a hopeless romantic and he does just want to be in a family, have a wife and be happy."

Perdita
10-01-2016, 07:55
For 30 years Martin Fowler has been one of soap's most tragic characters - and there'll be no respite for him in 2016. But Martin's woes are great news for the man currently playing him, James Bye.
Martin, the first baby born in the soap in 1985, has lost his mother, father and brother, killed Jamie Mitchell, been stabbed, and seen his daughter abducted and his wife have a lesbian affair. Now his partner Stacey is having mental health problems after giving birth to the son Martin wrongly believes is his.
And James, who joined EastEnders a year ago, is delighted. 'It's incredible to think Martin's been on the Square so long. I think the emotional torment he's going through with girlfriend Stacey's declining mental health, which will inevitably worsen when he finds out his new son is not actually his, is a fitting way to mark it.'

Christmas saw Stacey, played by Lacey Turner, give birth to Arthur - named after Martin's father - during her daughter Lily's Nativity play, with Martin and the baby's real dad Kush Kazemi by her side.
Since then, market trader Martin's struggled to deal with Stacey's psychotic episodes. At first he put them down to her exhaustion after giving birth. But this week he realises it's serious when he finds her on the roof of the Queen Vic claiming Arthur's the Son of God. 'Martin then assures her he'll protect the three of them,' says James, 'which is nice, as he might have been expected to walk away.'

James researched Stacey's condition - known as postpartum psychosis - and spoke to sufferers. He discovered the anguish of fathers left home alone with their children while their loved ones are cared for in hospital. 'Martin is living through that, so learning about the condition and thinking what would be going through his head was important for me,' says James.

Coping with Stacey's mental health issues has been especially hard for Martin, says James, as 'he's been overjoyed about becoming a dad. He's desperate to have a family of his own, and to call the baby Arthur was important for him to continue his dad's legacy.'
James says it's only a matter of time before Martin faces the misery of discovering Arthur isn't his. 'I don't know when Martin will find out, but it's EastEnders so they won't be able to keep it hidden forever.'
Though as a married father of a two-year-old himself, James, 31, admits that finding out his son wasn't his 'would probably be the worst discovery I could ever make. I think Martin will implode. Or he might explode - it could go either way. I don't think he'll be able to deal with it.'
But when the eventual happens James will relish every moment. 'I feel blessed to have been given such a great storyline with an iconic character like Stacey,' he says. 'And Lacey Turner is a phenomenal actor. What she's been doing with this challenging plotline is amazing. If she doesn't win every award going I'll be so upset.'
JAMES BYE'S TV FAVOURITES
Comedy I'm a big fan of Ricky Gervais and The Office. Working with him on the film Cemetery Junction was a wish fulfilled.
Drama Luther is brilliant. It's breathed new life into the crime-drama format. And it's British!
Sport I'm a golf nut.
Documentary Anything with animals. Blackfish, about how SeaWorld in the US treats its killer whales, made me feel guilty about going there as a kid.
Game show Michael Barrymore's Strike It Rich is my all-time favourite. It was very funny.
Reality show MasterChef. Gregg Wallace is my guilty pleasure! I love cooking but I don't know if I'd be good enough to compete.

FUNNIEST MOMENT
'There was one scene we shot on my fruit and veg stall where I was offering items at £2 each or three for a fiver. I made a mistake and shouted, “£1 each or three for a fiver!” and I got all these tweets saying, “No wonder you don't make any money!”'

dailymail.co.uk

Perdita
19-01-2016, 17:56
EastEnders star James Bye has teased a very turbulent time ahead for his character Martin Fowler.

Martin's life has been thrown into jeopardy since his partner Stacey Branning gave birth to baby Arthur over the Christmas period and immediately started suffering from postpartum psychosis.

Martin remains torn over how to best support both her and their son in coming episodes, but, of course, viewers know that his best friend Kush Kazemi is actually the biological father of the newborn.

Appearing on This Morning today (January 19), Bye discussed the challenging psychosis storyline and also hinted at more twists ahead for Martin.

Speaking about the baby plot, he said: "It's EastEnders so it is going to come out. I can't say whether we have filmed it or not because I will get an enormous slap on my wrists.

"It gets layered on quite thick for Martin and it just keeps going and going. More things happen to him until the reveal.

"I am interested to see how they are going to do it. I've said this before but it will be a sink or swim moment for him."

Bye also praised the enormous amount of research that went into ensuring that Stacey's storyline was handled sensitively.

He said: "The research team at EastEnders have been incredible. We have managed to work with some of the charities like Mind and met these two incredible women who opened their stories up to me and Lacey [Turner].

"We had a long chat and they are just so brave to be able to do that and to tell us some really personal stuff.

"When you get stories like this, I think Dom sat me and Lacey down and said, 'So you're going to have a child and he's going to be the son of God'.

"You wonder how you are going to make it work and then you meet these women and they have been through so much more. It really helps to bring it to life."

parkerman
19-01-2016, 19:00
I know it's unfortunate and not anyone's fault but I can't somehow come to grips with the fact that this Martin is the same one that was born at the beginning of the soap and grew up in the Square and has a lot of history with residents there. As I said it's not James Bye's fault, but he's jut not James Alexandrou and he seems like someone new to me. I find it easy to forget that he grew up knowing Ian, Sharon, Dot, etc.etc.

tammyy2j
21-01-2016, 20:23
I know it's unfortunate and not anyone's fault but I can't somehow come to grips with the fact that this Martin is the same one that was born at the beginning of the soap and grew up in the Square and has a lot of history with residents there. As I said it's not James Bye's fault, but he's jut not James Alexandrou and he seems like someone new to me. I find it easy to forget that he grew up knowing Ian, Sharon, Dot, etc.etc.

I am enjoying James as Martin

parkerman
21-01-2016, 22:11
I am enjoying James as Martin
I'm not saying he's not a good actor, just that he is different and "new" and I find it hard to get my head round the fact that he grew up with and knew all the old timers very well and was part of all the lives and stories that went on.

Dazzle
21-01-2016, 22:22
I'm not saying he's not a good actor, just that he is different and "new" and I find it hard to get my head round the fact that he grew up with and knew all the old timers very well and was part of all the lives and stories that went on.

I agree.

I like James Bye and think he plays Martin very well, but is he Pauline and Arthur's Martin or just another character who happens to have the same name? I don't think the writing or acting is at fault, it's just that he's never shared any scenes with Pauline, Arthur, Mark or Michelle. Therefore, it's sometimes hard to reconcile the two Martins as the same character.

I know they're the same person but they don't necessarily feel like the same person. It might help if he spent more time reminiscing with Ian, Sharon and Dot.

tammyy2j
21-01-2016, 22:50
Yes the other Martin was quite villainous, a bad boy, a different personality

lizann
22-01-2016, 00:30

oh yes he was the devil, jamie killer, so what will he do to kush when truth outs

lizann
22-01-2016, 00:30

oh yes he was the devil, jamie killer, so what will he do to kush when truth outs

Dazzle
22-01-2016, 00:41

I admit my memory isn't very good but, as far as I can recall, the younger Martin was decent enough on the whole (though he was very rebellious and led Pauline a merry dance). I clearly remember him growing marijuana in Arthur's shed. :D

I know Jamie's death was an accident, but was Martin at fault and driving recklessly at the time?

lizann
22-01-2016, 01:05
was it a stolen car that martin was driving reckless and careless

Dazzle
22-01-2016, 01:59
was it a stolen car that martin was driving reckless and careless

I just had a look on Wikipedia to refresh my memory about Martin. He was a right criminal as a teenager but grew out of it eventually. It says he was sentenced to six months for killing Jamie (though he only served two months), but doesn't give any further details.

lizann
23-02-2016, 20:02
is it bye bye james as martin

suzewebb
23-02-2016, 20:46
Cant believe im saying this but i really like this martin and think the actor has settled into the role brilliantly. Same with the lad playing ben (although i dont like any incarnation of ben)

Rear window
24-02-2016, 10:27
I want him to stay for Stacey.

tammyy2j
24-02-2016, 12:32
I really like James as Martin and he is good in a couple with Stacey so want him back soon

I want a Slater Fowler wedding and Martin to be Arthur's real dad :cheer:

lizann
19-03-2016, 21:24
I really like James as Martin and he is good in a couple with Stacey so want him back soon

the wedding is happening as she proposes

lizann
19-03-2016, 21:24

the wedding is happening as she proposes

lizann
28-04-2016, 21:50
andy the homeless builder gets martin to sell drugs

Dazzle
28-04-2016, 22:08
andy the homeless builder gets martin to sell drugs

:eek:

lizann
29-12-2016, 23:45
his paranoid and jealous of max but mates again with kush

tammyy2j
13-09-2017, 15:47
So poor Martin gets a month in prison worried for Stacey so was angry with the police in he explosion and Joyce "shoots" Johnny and can roam free

kaz21
13-09-2017, 17:04
Utterly ridiculous isn't it.

lizann
26-12-2017, 21:49
his paranoid and jealous of max but mates again with kush

guess he was right to be

hope he kicks stacey out now

lizann
17-01-2018, 19:44
anyone see revenge fling bonk up for him and whitney?

Rear window
17-01-2018, 19:45
anyone see revenge fling bonk up for him and whitney?

I've gone without watching the last 3 episodes.
Cold turkey. Easy.

Not being tempted back yet!

lizann
23-01-2018, 00:47
Cant believe im saying this but i really like this martin and think the actor has settled into the role brilliantly. Same with the lad playing ben (although i dont like any incarnation of ben)

james bye is doing a fine job as martin, holds his own against lacey

is janine the legal owner of the house?

lizann
06-03-2018, 19:44
would the show have the bottle to portray father's rights with martin getting custody, i know he isn't the biological father of lily and arthur but if kush backed him he might and ryan off scene, be good if stacey's sneaky trap of using hayley backfired

lizann
04-06-2019, 01:15
martin to cheat with ruby leading to staceys exit, online chatter

tammyy2j
29-10-2019, 13:39
Martin should call Ben's bluff and tell Lola, Callum and Pam what Ben is really like, record him threatening him and his family

lizann
04-11-2019, 15:14
out of control unhinged martin to hold linda ben keanu hostage and kill one (keanu is leaving)

Ruffed_lemur
04-11-2019, 16:51
out of control unhinged martin to hold linda ben keanu hostage and kill one (keanu is leaving)

This is going too far with Martin I think. The character would be ruined.

tammyy2j
05-11-2019, 11:13
EastEnders fans can get a first look at one of this year's explosive Christmas stories as Martin Fowler holds a terrified Linda Carter at gunpoint.

Cast and crew have been spotted filming on location for shocking scenes, which see Martin (James Bye) fight with Linda (Kellie Bright) when she arrives at a derelict warehouse.

Martin has been edging closer to the dark side in recent weeks, after unwittingly becoming embroiled in Ben Mitchell's dark world.

By the time the festive season arrives, it looks like Martin's behaviour has become more sinister than ever – with these brand new pictures hinting at his most shocking move yet.

When a festive-looking Linda arrives at a disused warehouse over Christmas, she's left panic-stricken after hearing a mysterious gunshot.

Although Linda attempts to make a quick exit, she's spotted by Martin – who grabs her, with a gun in his waistband, as she desperately tries to break free.

Viewers will have to wait and see how the story unfolds, but the pictures also suggest that a departing Keanu Taylor will be heavily involved in this sinister Christmas plot.

Keanu will reportedly be in the warehouse at the time the gunshot goes off, so could this mean he will be leaving Walford in a coffin?

Digital Spy confirmed last week that Danny Walters is bowing out of his role as Keanu after two years.

Discussing Keanu's upcoming exit, EastEnders' executive producer Jon Sen said: "Keanu's story is set to come to a dramatic and blistering conclusion in the near future as one of the best kept secrets on the Square is finally revealed with devastating consequences.

"We'd all like to thank Danny for his nuanced performance as Keanu Taylor over the last two and half years. What Danny has brought to his character has been one of the reasons the 'Sheanu' affair has been such compulsive viewing for fans. Everyone at EastEnders wishes him well for the future."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a29681167/eastenders-spoilers-christmas-shooting-story-linda-martin-keanu/

Perdita
21-12-2019, 05:34
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a30293188/eastenders-spoilers-martin-fowler-hit-run-story-christmas/

Hit and run storyline for Martin :(

tammyy2j
25-12-2019, 23:42
I do not think Martin killed Keanu as that would be too far for him to come back from

mysangry
28-12-2019, 21:00
I do not think Martin killed Keanu as that would be too far for him to come back from

Why was he not getting away quick from scene of the crime? coz he did not kill him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizann
28-05-2020, 02:03
where is he living?

kaz21
28-05-2020, 10:48
At dots I think.

lizann
12-10-2020, 20:22
well back married to ruby

lizann
13-08-2022, 23:04
james is doing strictly come dancing so what will time off be?

Perdita
25-01-2023, 04:06
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a42636582/eastenders-martin-fowler-temporary-exit/

EastEnders is lining up a temporary exit for James Bye's Martin Fowler amid the Lily Slater baby storyline.

Viewers will know that Martin's adoptive 12-year-old daughter Lily is pregnant, with Ricky Jr the father of the baby.

The turn of events will cause tension between the Slater and Branning households, though in new scenes set to air soon, Martin will depart Albert Square amid the storyline (though will return in the future).

Martin gets an offer for a few weeks' well-paid work abroad in Turkey, though he worries whether to accept due the the difficult circumstances Lily currently finds herself in.

Will he be able to bring himself to tell Stacey?

Before that, next week on the soap, all hell will break loose in the Branning household after Jack learns that Ricky Jr plans to help Lily bring up the baby.

When the families come together, Jack urges Stacey and Martin to talk sense into Lily, though Stacey says abortion is off the table. Jack later tries to discourage Lily by telling her about what life will be like as a teen mum.

This infuriates Stacey, who marches to No 27 and bans them from having anything to do with the baby. A devastated Ricky Jr calls Sam for support, while Denise tells Jack he was out of order over what he did to Lily.

However, Ricky Jr decides to move in with Sam, leaving Jack devastated as he desperately tries to bring him back home.

At her wits end, Denise is encouraged to get someone to talk sense into Jack, and she teams up with Stacey to get Martin to speak to him ? but will he be able to talk him round?

lizann
08-03-2024, 17:42
back soon, teases a dilemma for Martin and a potential new love interest