Jason’s betrayal is exposed.
Will Carla talk to the police?
And Kylie is amazed by Max’s reaction.

tammyy2j
21-08-2014, 00:51
Peter is dying?

Perdita
21-08-2014, 05:30
Alcoholic poisoning by the sound of it .... hope they don't kill him off but send him off into rehab for some time ... I like to see him back on the cobbles .....

sarah c
21-08-2014, 14:57
but a bit dramatic to describe him as 'dying Peter...' if he then makes a recovery

if you're dying you tend to die!!!

if your seriously ill, say so and don't be overly dramatic for effect!!

swmc66
21-08-2014, 15:36
Doctors would have said it like that

Perdita
21-08-2014, 16:05
A very ill person can be dying but appropriate medical helps them to recover from their illness??? I don't think it is over-dramatic to describe him in such a way.

sarah c
21-08-2014, 16:58
Doctors would have said it like that

a doctor would have said someone was dying??

and then they miraculously recover?

I'm not convinced - dying is dying

swmc66
21-08-2014, 23:21
People some times pull through when the odds are stacked against them. Doctors are not always right too.

inkyskin
22-08-2014, 15:56
I really hope he dies, I'm so bored and fed up of his character, he's self pitying does my head in!

sarah c
22-08-2014, 18:46
People some times pull through when the odds are stacked against them. Doctors are not always right too.

Hmmm, twice a doctor has told me someone was dying

My mum, who died within four days

And my dad who died three days later

So my personal experience is, someone is 'dying' they die 100% of the time?

swmc66
22-08-2014, 20:35
That's my experience too but I have heard people are told they are dying and survive somehow.

lizann
22-08-2014, 20:47
he isn't yellow his liver must not be that bad :p

hachiman
23-08-2014, 01:49
He obviously lives because there's new pics of him at the trial.

parkerman
23-08-2014, 16:22
Hello again, everyone. How's it going in Soapland? Just thought I'd drop by and catch up a bit.

Then i read the couple of posts above and thought I'd contribute my own little story. About eight years ago my mother-in-law was rushed to hospital and given HOURS to live by the doctors (chronic kidney failure). She eventually died five years later, having completely recovered from the kidney failure and eventually dying of pneumonia.

Hope to see you all again soon.

parkerman
23-08-2014, 16:22
Hello again, everyone. How's it going in Soapland? Just thought I'd drop by and catch up a bit.

Then i read the couple of posts above and thought I'd contribute my own little story. About eight years ago my mother-in-law was rushed to hospital and given HOURS to live by the doctors (chronic kidney failure). She eventually died five years later, having completely recovered from the kidney failure and eventually dying of pneumonia.

Hope to see you all again soon.

I see some things haven't changed - like the double posts. Sigh.

Perdita
23-08-2014, 17:10
Hi parkerman, nice to see you again, hope you are well. :)

Perdita
24-08-2014, 11:17
Coming up on Coronation Street, Katy Armstrong and Luke Britton have some fun as they trick his sister Steph into believing they are an item.

Luke (Dean Fagan) and Katy (Georgia May Foote) have grown closer in recent weeks, but they eventually decide that it's better to remain friends.

However, the pair decide to use the situation to their advantage as they continue to wind up Steph (Tisha Merry), who is clearly uncomfortable with the idea of her friend dating her brother.

After Katy and Luke insist that Steph joins them for a romantic meal, Steph becomes increasingly uncomfortable as they put on a display of public affection. Will Steph see the funny side when she realises what they are up to?
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/34/618x347/soaps-coronation-street-steph-katy-luke-joke-1.jpg
Katy and Luke pretend to be a couple
© ITV
Katy and Luke pretend to be a couple
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/34/618x347/soaps-coronation-street-steph-katy-luke-joke-2.jpg
Steph feels uncomfortable
© ITV
Steph feels uncomfortable
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/34/618x347/soaps-coronation-street-steph-katy-luke-joke-3.jpg
How long will it take Steph to realise what's going on?
© ITV
When will Steph realise what is going on?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, September 1 at 7.30pm on ITV.

Perdita
25-08-2014, 07:23
Carla is shocked when she is told that Peter is critically ill in hospital. When Ken begs her to go and
see him as it might be the last chance she gets, Rob does his best to put her off, secretly hoping
that it is the end. She finally goes to visit Peter in intensive care and is shocked by his appearance.
When he says that he knows that she killed Tina but will take her
secret to the grave with him, she is stunned. If Peter didn’t murder
Tina, then who did? She confides her misgivings to Michelle and
then tells Rob that she is going to the police. He begins to panic
and urges her to let it drop. Kylie is in a flap as the day of Max’s
psychiatric assessment arrives. With Max’s behaviour increasingly
disruptive and Michael’s ankle tag on view, what will the
psychiatrist make of the Platts? In the end Max is diagnosed with
ADHD and prescribed medication, which initially seems to work. Fiz
and Tyrone accept Tony’s offer of £3,000 by way of compensation, but when Owen spots the old
chipboard in a skip he tells Tyrone that it should never have been used in a loft conversion. An
incensed Tyrone tells Jason that he is reporting him to the building inspector and he can say
goodbye to his business. Ken suggests to Tracy that she and Rob should postpone their wedding.
Katy and Luke enjoy winding Steph up with their public displays of affection.

katieb
25-08-2014, 09:42
Hmmm, twice a doctor has told me someone was dying

My mum, who died within four days

And my dad who died three days later

So my personal experience is, someone is 'dying' they die 100% of the time?

A friend of ours was a severe alcoholic. He had an episode where he was taken to hospital after drinking a ridiculous amount of vodka and other spirits.

His body was shutting down. All his family were told that he was dying by doctors. And that even if he somehow recovered from this, if he didn't change his ways he would continue to die as well.

He was released from hospital 2 weeks later and sent to re-hab. If he hadn't have stayed off the beer following rehab he would have died, as his body would have continued to shut down. Its not as simple as dying there and then- its a prolongued thing.

sarah c
25-08-2014, 10:59
A friend of ours was a severe alcoholic. He had an episode where he was taken to hospital after drinking a ridiculous amount of vodka and other spirits.

His body was shutting down. All his family were told that he was dying by doctors. And that even if he somehow recovered from this, if he didn't change his ways he would continue to die as well.

He was released from hospital 2 weeks later and sent to re-hab. If he hadn't have stayed off the beer following rehab he would have died, as his body would have continued to shut down. Its not as simple as dying there and then- its a prolongued thing.

I guess if we go deep, we are all dying?

For a simple soul like me, I think that being told it's imminent, I'd want to know when it was inevitable?

hachiman
25-08-2014, 16:29
The guy who put "dying" in "Will Carla visit dying Peter?" probably just made a mistake. It happens. :/

Rain_
25-08-2014, 19:13
The only thing in all certainty that you know from the day you are born is that you are going to die. Who, where, when, why or how is anybodys guess x

Perdita
26-08-2014, 04:39
Monday

Carla is taken aback when she hears that Peter is critically ill in hospital. She admits to Rob that she can't help feeling concerned for Peter despite everything he's done. Rob attempts to convince Carla that she'd be best to forget him, but Ken soon calls in the factory and begs Carla to visit Peter, explaining that it could be Peter's last wish. Will she agree?

Later, Rob is left at Peter's bedside when Tracy heads off to a wedding fayre. As Rob talks to unconscious Peter, telling him that they're both bound for hell, Peter suddenly convulses and the medical team rush in…

Meanwhile, it's the day of Max's psychiatric assessment and Kylie is stressed, as she is desperate to make a good impression. As she flaps around tidying the house, Max empties his toy box all over the floor and Kylie realises with horror that Michael's ankle tag is showing. What will the psychiatrist make of the Platts?

Elsewhere, as Jason restarts Tyrone's loft conversion, Fiz confronts Tony, Jason and Todd and asks them to increase their offer as £1k compensation isn't enough to tide them over. Tony promises to look into it.

Also, Gail and Michael are loved up, having spent the night together.

Finally, Steph is brittle towards Katy and admits that she finds the idea of her brother and her best friend together too weird. Will Luke and Katy call time on their fling?

Monday (2)

As Peter is rushed to intensive care, Rob secretly hopes it's the end for him.

As the Barlows nervously wait for news, Carla sets off on holiday. However, when a shocked Carla hears of the latest turn of events, will she do a u-turn and head for the hospital to visit Peter?

Meanwhile, Kylie is embarrassed when Max behaves badly in front of the psychiatrist, clearly unable to concentrate. The psychiatrist suggests that she observes Max in school before making an assessment. Later, David confides in Gail that he is worried Kylie will want to contact Max's dad because of his condition.

Elsewhere, under pressure from Fiz, Tony ups his offer of compensation to £2k. Tyrone reckons they should accept it, but Fiz is less convinced.

Also, Luke and Katy continue to wind up Steph and insist she joins them for a romantic meal. Steph is clearly uncomfortable as they paw over each other. Will the pair admit it's all a wind-up and they've decided to remain as friends? And will Steph see the funny side?

Finally, Steve frets over his lack of cricket team, while Liz is intrigued to learn that it was Jim who saved Peter's life by alerting the prison staff when he found Peter in a coma.

Wednesday

Carla visits Peter in hospital and is shocked at the state of him. When Peter assures Carla that he knows she killed Tina and will take her secret to the grave by accepting the blame himself, Carla is stunned.

Later, Carla confides in Michelle. She realises that if Peter didn't kill Tina, then her murderer is still at large…

Meanwhile, it's the day of Max's classroom assessment, but there's trouble when the headteacher summons Kylie and David to school. The head explains that Max vandalised school property and was totally out of control, leaving Kylie mortified. Will Kylie's feelings of guilt be compounded when she realises that in all the stress she's forgotten it's Max's birthday tomorrow?

Elsewhere, having considered Tony's latest offer, Fiz tells Tyrone it isn't enough and they should push Tony for more. Later, Tyrone is bemused when he sees Jason putting all the new flooring from the loft in a skip. Is he about to uncover the truth about his accident?

Also today, accusing Tracy of insensitivity, Ken says that while Peter's life is hanging by a thread she should cancel the wedding. Will Tracy and Rob agree?

Finally, Steve decides to visit Jim in prison and hear what he's got to say.

Friday

Tony offers Fiz and Tyrone £3k by way of compensation and they accept it, much to Jason's relief.

Later, Owen spots the old chipboard in a skip outside the house. He tells Fiz and Tyrone that it was far too thin to be used for flooring and well below building regulations. Will Tyrone realise he's been duped?

Meanwhile, the doctor tells Peter that he is over the worst and should be okay, but he can never drink again. Rob attempts to mask his disappointment. Later, Carla confides in Rob about how Peter assumed she killed Tina, meaning that he couldn't possibly be the murderer. Rob is horrified - can he convince Carla to forget what Peter said, or are his days numbered?

Elsewhere, Kylie is subdued when Max is diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed pills.

Also, The Rovers cricket team head out for their first practice session. Steve is relieved when Kal's son Zeedan arrives and proves to be a brilliant cricketer.

Friday (2)

Tyrone and Fiz burst into the builders yard, accusing Jason of using illegal flooring which meant Tyrone could have died. Jason feels terrible. Weighed down with guilt, he tries to explain to Tyrone how the sub-standard boarding was Todd's idea and he knew nothing about it.

However, Tyrone is incensed and tells Jason that he'll be reporting him to the building inspector and he can kiss goodbye to his business. Will Jason be able to talk him round?

Meanwhile, when Carla suggests telling the police what Peter said, Rob desperately tries to convince her that she'd be wasting her time as Peter's mind was fuddled with drugs. Will Carla let it drop?

Elsewhere, as Max plays with his birthday presents boisterously, David and Kylie give him his first batch of medication with trepidation. But when the drug kicks in and he becomes visibly calmer, Kylie is amazed.

Also, Beth and Kirk enlist Michelle's services as their wedding planner.

Finally, Alya is appointed cricket captain.