PDA

View Full Version : Kirin Kotecha

Perdita
23-07-2014, 13:27
Emmerdale bosses have announced the casting of Rakesh Kotecha's teenage son Kirin.

Adam Fielding will be playing the role of Kirin, who is a new regular character for the ITV soap.

Kirin makes his first appearance on screen next month, when village vet Vanessa Woodfield meets him on a night out in Hotten.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/30/618x466/soaps-emmerdale-vanessa-woodfield-kirin-kotecha.jpg
Vanessa and Kirin in Emmerdale
© ITV
Vanessa and Kirin in Emmerdale

Vanessa is delighted when she attracts the attention of the handsome stranger and she is quick to take him home, wanting some romance back in her life.

However, the mood quickly turns awkward for Vanessa when she discovers that her date is only 17 - and is also Rakesh's son.

An Emmerdale statement teased: "Shocked at his age but also staggered he's Rakesh's young son, suddenly it is all too close to home for Vanessa. But will Vanessa's heart start to rule her head where Kirin is concerned?"

Speaking of his new role, Fielding commented: "I am thrilled to be joining Emmerdale as Kirin. He's only 17 but he's a cool and confident guy and isn't going to let his age stop him where Vanessa is concerned."

Emmerdale viewers were introduced to Rakesh (Pasha Bocarie) earlier this month as he joined the village as a suitor for Priya Sharma in her arranged marriage storyline.

Show producer Kate Oates first spoke about the arrival of Rakesh's son in an interview with Digital Spy this month.

She told us: "A casting that I'm really excited about will be Rakesh's son, who'll also be arriving in the village. That'll be fun and we might have an interesting allegiance in the pipeline."

Michelle Hardwick, who plays Vanessa, had also previously expressed excitement over a new romance for her character, telling DS in June: "It's going to get a little bit busier for Vanessa on screen in the summer, so watch this space! Hopefully there's going to be a nice love interest for her."

Emmerdale will air Kirin's first scenes on Thursday, August 21.

Glen1
23-07-2014, 16:13
Might be interesting if he starts taking a shine to Priya.

tammyy2j
23-07-2014, 16:15
He looks more than 17

heydrich39
23-07-2014, 18:39
i thought she was gay??????

tammyy2j
23-07-2014, 21:50
i thought she was gay??????

Her love for Rhona seems to be forgotten now :p

tammyy2j
23-07-2014, 21:50

crystalsea
24-07-2014, 12:51
Rhona took her to a gay bar a while ago and she realised she didn't like women - but had fallen in love with Rhona as a one off liking the same sex - so no gay :)
Her love for Rhona seems to be forgotten now :p

lizann
28-07-2014, 20:54

yes i agree

lizann
28-07-2014, 20:54

yes i agree

Perdita
02-06-2015, 12:14
Emmerdale star Adam Fielding has hinted at darker times to come for his character Kirin Kotecha as he reels in the wake of Vanessa Woodfield's baby news.

Kirin will go off the rails next week as he struggles to cope with his emotions after learning that Adam is the father of Vanessa's baby.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/16/618x401/soaps-emmerdale-7171-1.jpg
Kirin is shocked when Vanessa tells him that she's pregnant
© ITV
Kirin and Vanessa in Emmerdale

However, viewers know that Kirin's dad Rakesh actually doctored the DNA test results when he discovered that the baby was actually Kirin's.

Fielding said: "Kirin loves Vanessa and he was committed to the child. He was happy when he found out she was pregnant so he is distraught - something has been stripped away from him.

"He wanted to invest so much into this baby and then to realise that it might not be his is awful. It leaves him and Vanessa in a state. There is a big trust issue and there has been a betrayal."

As Kirin heads down a path of destruction next week, he will make a big mistake when he tries to kiss his father's partner, Priya.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/22/618x435/soaps-emmerdale-7207-3.jpg
A drunk Kirin tries to kiss Priya.
© ITV
A drunk Kirin tries to kiss Priya

Fielding said: "I'm not sure if he fancies Priya. Obviously she is attractive and she is young and they aren't too far away in age difference. There is that human attraction, but it hasn't crossed his mind before as he has always been too invested in Vanessa.

"But he is drunk, he is a little bit vulnerable and they get a bit too close to each other and stare for a little bit too long. Kirin reads the signal wrong and it happens."

Fielding also warned that there will be huge repercussions when Kirin learns that Rakesh meddled with the test results.

He said: "I don't know [what happens] yet but I would love to find out. All I do know is that judging on their relationship, Kirin and Rakesh have always had that little bit of tension but obviously he loves his dad.

"It would give Kirin an excuse to bring up some of Rakesh's past. It is going to be big."

Serena Williams
05-06-2015, 01:27
He looks more than 17

The actor is in his early 20s and he is white he is not south asian. So the emmerdale casting department pick a white actor to portray a south asian.

Serena Williams
05-06-2015, 01:27
He looks more than 17

The actor is in his early 20s and he is white he is not south asian. So the emmerdale casting department pick a white actor to portray a south asian.

Perdita
05-06-2015, 06:43
Adam Fielding was born Adam Flanigan in Birmingham, UK on March 19, 1993, to Irish-Italian parents.

Serena Williams
05-06-2015, 06:45
Adam Fielding was born Adam Flanigan in Birmingham, UK on March 19, 1993, to Irish-Italian parents.

That is the point why is a white guy playing an Indian? I am sure an actor of South asian descent could of done a good job.

Serena Williams
05-06-2015, 06:45

That is the point why is a white guy playing an Indian? I am sure an actor of South asian descent could of done a good job.

Perdita
05-06-2015, 06:55
I am sure an actor of south Asian descent could have done a good job but there have been American thespians that have portrayed British royalties and politicians ... I guess that is all what acting is about

Kim
05-06-2015, 08:42
There are more ridiculous castings in the show. Carly Hope is supposed to be 24/25, and Emma Barton looks too young to be the mother of at least some of her children. How young must she have been when she met James?

maidmarian
05-06-2015, 11:35
There are more ridiculous castings in the show. Carly Hope is supposed to be 24/25, and Emma Barton looks too young to be the mother of at least some of her children. How young must she have been when she met James?

Per Emmerdale wikia
james born 1969 Emma not stated .
They are shown as marrying in1989 Emma
must have been at least 16 so latest DOB1973
Which makes her 42 -actress is 43 dob May 1972

Sons DoB Pete not stated Ross 1990 Finn 1992
Im.sure ive read somewhere!? that Pete was
conceived (.and possibly born).when Emma
under age perhaps when she was 13/14??
but cant find it now.

So technically old enough to be their mother
but agree doesnt.really look it!!

maidmarian
05-06-2015, 11:35
Dupl

Serena Williams
08-06-2015, 02:22
I am sure an actor of south Asian descent could have done a good job but there have been American thespians that have portrayed British royalties and politicians ... I guess that is all what acting is about

I am guessing you are white so you probably would not understand how racist and offensive it is. Since when can a white actor take on a tole meant for an actor of colour? Actors of colour have it hard enough since there are a paucity of film rIles for them.

Serena Williams
08-06-2015, 02:22

I am guessing you are white so you probably would not understand how racist and offensive it is. Since when can a white actor take on a role meant for an actor of colour? Actors of colour have it hard enough since there are a paucity of film rIles for them.

maidmarian
08-06-2015, 06:14
Since when can a white actor take on a role meant for an actor of colour? Actors of colour have it hard enough since there are a paucity of film rIles for them.

I do understand the point you are making Serena
but.to make a factual.point -it is only relatively
recently( in historical terms) that actors of the
correct ethnic origin have played Othello ( white
actors eg Laurence Olivier) used to use black make-up.
There were also variety acts Black & White
Minstrels who did the same.

Portrayals of Jewish Characters in Shakespeare &
Dickens would now be considered racially
stereotyped to say the least.
So to answer your basic question of "how long"
the answer is - hundreds of years!. Which doesn't
make it right.
But many things that happened historically to
women / children/working people are unlawful
now. But change can take a long time.
I dont what the acting unions attitude is to
actors playing roles of a different ethnic origin
to their own is**-but as you say acting jobs are
difficult to get at the best of times.
I hope my post has not caused you ( or anyone
else).any offence.

** there is a term used "colour-blind casting"
but Equty prefer the term "non- traditional casting"
and there is a long list of actors playing roles that
are different to their ethnicity on wikipaedia.
There was criticism of BBc last year for using
white actor to.play black role.
So a complex subject

Alsi teenage boys used to play the female roles!

maidmarian
08-06-2015, 06:14
Dupl

lizann
24-06-2015, 22:41
anyone else think he fancies priya

Daffodillie
08-12-2015, 19:49
I agree with you that they should have used an Asian actor for the part.

However I would question to what extent Adam Fielding can really be said to be white. From what I understand he is of Irish and Italian ethnicity and this does indeed get him the official classification of 'white'. Does he really read as 'white' though? I would say this is a matter of perception, but he doesn't securely read as white by any means. His claim to whiteness is based on his heritage more than his appearance, which is ambiguous to say the least. Hence being chosen to play an Asian role, he can pass. Probably a lot more easily than playing some English toff in a period drama. As such his appearance will surely limit his own access to roles in a Northern European country.

That being said, he will still be more easily cast in mainstream roles than most actors from a racial minority and so should not have been given a part playing a South Asian, which could easily have been filled by an actual South Asian actor.

sarah c
08-12-2015, 20:57
I agree with you that they should have used an Asian actor for the part.

However I would question to what extent Adam Fielding can really be said to be white. From what I understand he is of Irish and Italian ethnicity and this does indeed get him the official classification of 'white'. Does he really read as 'white' though? I would say this is a matter of perception, but he doesn't securely read as white by any means. His claim to whiteness is based on his heritage more than his appearance, which is ambiguous to say the least. Hence being chosen to play an Asian role, he can pass. Probably a lot more easily than playing some English toff in a period drama. As such his appearance will surely limit his own access to roles in a Northern European country.

That being said, he will still be more easily cast in mainstream roles than most actors from a racial minority and so should not have been given a part playing a South Asian, which could easily have been filled by an actual South Asian actor.

I agree the Back and White Minstrels would be totally wrong, but Alex fills the part? looks like Rakesh's son so given that you admit his appearance would limit his own access to roles, why should not have been cast here?

Daffodillie
08-12-2015, 23:12
Well maybe it shouldn't then if we just see him as a somewhat racially marked actor. I think two points, one that as I stated he is officially classified as white and this factor will probably affect casting decisions. If casting agents know his heritage they are more likely to perceive him as 'white' compared to a similar looking actor they know to be of Asian origin, and so cast him in more mainstream roles. Two, there is already a trend to cast Asian roles with 'Asian' actors who are relatively very light skinned and European looking. I say 'Asian' because many of these actors are actually part Asian/part European. Obviously some Asians do look like this, hence Adam Fielding being able to get the part. But the majority of South Asians are darker and less European looking. So with that in mind there should be more Asian actors who are darker and less European looking in general being cast in roles. In that sense an actor of Italian/Irish origin doesn't help at all but neither does light skinned European-ish looking Asian actors being overrepresented help much either.

Serena Williams
08-12-2015, 23:16
the guy who plays Kirin is definitely part Asian if I had to guess his mother is probably Asian or part South Asian heritage. I know his name is Adam Fielding but he looks like Zayn Malik. Malik father is South Asian but his mother is white and that is why Zayn is so light skinned. Adam Fielding father is probably white if I had to guess but his mother is probably a woman of colour. I think it is wrong to cast too many light skinned characters to play South Asians. The lady who plays Pryia isn't even South Asian she is Fillipino and half white. I just find it odd and bizarre that mixed race people are being cast as though they are South Asians. It means less roles for people who really are full South Asian heritage. This is why I give Eastenders a lot of credit for having a South Asian Muslim family with dark skinned actors who are really South Asian. I also commend Eastenders for having a black family who really is black and not mixed race light skinned people. Sometmes casting departments always cast light skinned mixed race people and pass them off as being authentic when they are not. At least Emmerdale has Rakesh, Rishi, and I believe the guy who plays Nikhil and Jai are really South Asian and not mixed race.

Daffodillie
09-12-2015, 00:28
I'm a bit confused as in earlier posts you stated a white actor should not be playing a South Asian role but now you are saying he is actually of partial South Asian descent. I agree he looks mixed South Asian/European, although I can only find reference to him being of Italian/Irish heritage. He does indeed look similar to Zayn Malik though. As I alluded to above 'whiteness' is merely a social construct, an Italian actor of Fielding's appearance is still officially 'white', while Zayn Malik isn't. Some one who is half South Asian/half European but looks totally European can pass socially as white, be treated as such and therefore to all and intents and purposes be white until possibly they start telling every one about their origins and/or people know Asian appearing members of their family. But some one of the same heritage who looks more obviously Asian will not be classified as white. So if Fielding is actually of partial Asian heritage and also looks fairly Asian then he is surely not 'white'. As such he isn't a white actor taking a role from an actor of colour, as he would definitely be classified as a person of colour himself. However I do agree it is problematic that roles designated as being for South Asians tend to go to light-skinned, relatively European looking actors.

I had no idea the actress who plays Priya is not of South Asian origin by the way.

Daffodillie
09-12-2015, 00:28
I'm a bit confused as in earlier posts you stated a white actor should not be playing a South Asian role but now you are saying he is actually of partial South Asian descent. I agree he looks mixed South Asian/European, although I can only find reference to him being of Italian/Irish heritage. He does indeed look similar to Zayn Malik though. As I alluded to above 'whiteness' is merely a social construct, an Italian actor of Fielding's appearance is still officially 'white', while Zayn Malik isn't. Some one who is half South Asian/half European but looks totally European can pass socially as white, be treated as such and therefore to all and intents and purposes be white until possibly they start telling every one about their origins and/or people know more Asian appearing members of their family. But some one of the same heritage who looks more obviously Asian will not be classified as white. So if Fielding is actually of partial Asian heritage and also looks fairly Asian then he is surely not 'white'. As such he isn't a white actor taking a role from an actor of colour, as he would definitely be classified as a person of colour himself. However I do agree it is problematic that roles designated as being for South Asians tend to go to light-skinned, relatively European looking actors.

I had no idea the actress who plays Priya is not of South Asian origin by the way.

Daffodillie
09-12-2015, 19:35
I think it is interesting to compare him to Rik Makarem who plays Nikhil Shrama. I assume this actor is at least of partial Asian origin going by his name, and he does have some vaguely South Asian features, yet he reads as fairly white off the bat and I assume many people upon meeting him would see him as white in the absence of further information with which to classify him. Again it seems a case of casting some one who can just about pass as South Asian, yet does not look like most South Asians and can likely pass as European, regardless of actual heritage.

Daffodillie
09-12-2015, 21:32
Yet another interesting casting decision is Natalie Anderson to play Alicia Gallagher. Presumably the actress is officially 'white' i.e of wholly European origin and the character is also supposed to be white, yet Anderson is again somewhat racially ambiguous in appearance. The first time I saw her I wondered whether she was of partial South Asian descent, but on closer inspection I think she probably isn't, but who knows. I have actually noticed this about Emmerdale over the past few years, there seems to be a trend for hiring actors of a similar appearance, dark hair and eyes and somewhat racially ambiguous, but still obviously relatively light-skinned, whether cast in Asian or white parts.

Serena Williams
14-12-2015, 22:57
I think it is interesting to compare him to Rik Makarem who plays Nikhil Shrama. I assume this actor is at least of partial Asian origin going by his name, and he does have some vaguely South Asian features, yet he reads as fairly white off the bat and I assume many people upon meeting him would see him as white in the absence of further information with which to classify him. Again it seems a case of casting some one who can just about pass as South Asian, yet does not look like most South Asians and can likely pass as European, regardless of actual heritage.

Actually I do not think Rik Marakem can pass as white I immediately knew he was South Asian but I suspect he is mixed race and his mother is probably white or part white. It is interesting how Emmerdale casts mixed race actors instead of real South Asians.

Serena Williams
14-12-2015, 22:57

Actually I do not think Rik Marakem can pass as white I immediately knew he was South Asian but I suspect he is mixed race and his mother is probably white or part white. It is interesting how Emmerdale casts mixed race actors instead of real South Asians.

sarah c
15-12-2015, 11:14

yes but Nikhill, Jai and priya are all mixed-race characters? so mixed race actors would be the most appropriate

Daffodillie
16-12-2015, 18:33
As sarah c points out his character is supposed to be 'mixed race'. But often mixed European/South Asian actors are cast to play fully Asian parts. The most ridiculous example I can think of is Marc Elliot, who I believe is a quarter South Asian and three quarters European, playing Syed Masood in Eastenders. While South Asians do vary greatly in appearance and some do look fairly European, when compared to Himesh Patel who plays Tamwar, it takes a great deal of suspension of disbelief to see them as biological brothers.

Perdita
12-01-2016, 07:55
Emmerdale teen Kirin Kotecha will face a tough battle next week as he struggles to cope with the pressures of fatherhood.
Kirin's life recently changed forever as he discovered that he is the dad of Vanessa Woodfield's baby son Johnny - not Adam Barton as everybody first thought.
Once the news of Johnny's true paternity and Rakesh's unforgiveable meddling has sunk in, Kirin (Adam Fielding) becomes determined to prove that he has what it takes to support Johnny.
Unfortunately, Kirin doesn't cope too well with his new responsibilities and he can't help feeling jealous when he sees the natural bond that Adam (Adam Thomas) still has with the youngster.
Michelle Hardwick, who plays Vanessa, revealed: "Vanessa understands that Kirin would find it difficult. Goodness me, nobody has struggled as much as Vanessa has. It's taken her a long time to bond with the baby too. Adam did so much better than she did when she struggled for the first few months.
"Vanessa can see that Kirin has been thrown in at the deep end and he's also very young. She's there to support him as much as she can, and just be there for him as much as everybody was there for her."
As the pressure becomes too much for Kirin, he takes his frustrations out on Adam by ordering him to stay away from his son from now on.
Kirin later apologises to Adam for being so harsh and takes back his cruel words, which leads to a new-found understanding between the two men as Adam teaches Kirin how to feed Johnny.
However, Adam soon faces heartbreak of his own when he watches the pair together and makes a massive decision. Will Adam realise for himself that he needs to take a step back?

Telly Watcher
02-02-2016, 00:44
Emmerdale's Kirin Kotecha makes yet another foolish decision next week, as he gets behind the wheel of a car while drunk.

The troubled teenager goes on a dramatic downward spiral after his dreams of a happy family life are crushed once again.

Kirin (Adam Fielding) has recently been struggling with life as a new dad, but things are about to get a whole lot worse for him when Vanessa Woodfield is diagnosed with the norovirus.

Doctors tell Vanessa that she can't have any contact with baby Johnny for two days, meaning that Kirin will have to be fully responsible for the youngster's care.

Feeling completely out of his depth as he looks after Johnny, it's not long before Kirin loses his temper by screaming in his face. In true soap style, the disturbing moment has a witness when Carly Hope walks in and is horrified by what she sees.

Gemma Atkinson, who plays Carly, revealed: "Carly walks into the house and first of all she can hear really loud rock music that Kirin is playing to drown out Johnny's crying.

"The TV is on, the PlayStation is on and Kirin is shouting directly in Johnny's face while holding him. Carly's maternal and human instincts kick in straight away. She's scared for Johnny and wants to keep him safe. So she intervenes, like anyone would, and does what she thinks is best."

Carly angrily takes Johnny away from Kirin for a while, but once they've both calmed down, she agrees not to tell Vanessa about what happened.

Unfortunately for Kirin, though, Carly's discretion doesn't last for long. When Leyla Harding also falls ill and collapses, an ambulance is called and Carly gets the wrong idea by accusing Kirin of harming Johnny when she spots the emergency services.

Atkinson continued: "When Carly sees the ambulance outside the house, she initially thinks it's for Johnny. She's left Johnny alone with Kirin again, because he's managed to convince her that what happened was just a one-off.

"When Carly sees the ambulance, she just puts two and two together and assumes that something has happened. She runs up to the house screaming, saying that she knew Kirin would do something again. Carly accuses him then and there, right in front of Vanessa.

"Carly does feel a bit bad afterwards when she realises it's a misunderstanding, but she's also just going with her instincts. I think she knows she's done the right thing. It's better to be safe than sorry, especially when there's a baby involved."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/04/640x425/gallery-1454068528-10-02-emmerdale-05.JPG
© ITV
Leyla is taken to hospital after collapsing

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/04/640x435/gallery-1454067838-10-02-emmerdale-01.JPG
© ITV
Carly accuses Kirin of harming baby Johnny

Kirin finds himself well and truly on the outer once Vanessa hears what happened from Carly, so he seeks comfort by drowning his sorrows.

When his attempts to earn Vanessa's forgiveness backfire, Kirin is clearly in turmoil and speeds off after downing even more booze - narrowly avoiding Brenda Walker in the process.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/04/640x413/gallery-1454072858-11-02-emmerdale-ep-08.JPG
© ITV
Nikhil tries to stop Kirin driving off but he does so and then nearly hits Brenda with his car

Once Kirin has calmed down following the dangerous debacle, he returns to Vanessa and is pleased when she makes it clear that she's prepared to try again. Can Kirin now prove he has what it takes to be a good father to Johnny?

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a782059/emmerdale-spoilers-brenda-walker-is-nearly-run-over-when-kirin-kotecha-drink-drives/

lizann
11-02-2016, 21:21
he is leaving

Perdita
11-02-2016, 21:58
Emmerdale's Kirin Kotecha may be leaving the show - but don't expect his love interest Vanessa Woodfield to move onto another guy too quickly.

Michelle Hardwick, who plays Vanessa, has revealed that she wants her unlucky-in-love character to have some time as a single woman following Kirin's shock exit.

Thursday night's episodes (February 11) saw Kirin accidentally kill Tess Harris in a drunken hit and run. But, rather than the start of a huge new storyline for Kirin, it's been revealed that he'll be leaving our screens for good next week.

Speaking about the departure of co-star Adam Fielding, Hardwick insisted: "It's his choice. We knew ages ago that he was going. So then we were looking forward to the journey of where it was going.

"We knew he wasn't just going to leave in a taxi, so we were looking forward to it happening. And when we read the scripts, we couldn't wait to get on with it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but Adam will be missed."

Asked whether it's time for Vanessa to find love again, she replied: "No - give her a little break! I'm hoping she'll allow Adam Barton to be part of Johnny's life and that will be a nice little unit. Victoria is brilliant with him as well. That will work.

"Vanessa is going to need help. Because when she does go back to work, she's going to need people supporting her. But as far as another relationship goes, I think for the time being she should concentrate on her son now that she's finally bonded with him.

"Vanessa should just enjoy the time with him. Then juggle being a single mum with work. Because, let's not forget, she's a partner in the vets. Rhona's going to need her too!"

Hardwick also shared some gossip on Kirin's exit scenes, admitting that Vanessa will be baffled when the teenager suddenly wants to walk out on his responsibilities. In reality, he's panicking as his burnt-out car has been found by the police.

She said: "One morning, she wakes up and finds Kirin in the house with his bags packed and a letter on the table. Basically, it's him saying goodbye and that he never wanted a family. He tells her that he doesn't love Johnny and just wants to go. It's just horrendous.

"And of course the audience knows the real reason he's having to go, but Vanessa doesn't. She's had the rug pulled from under her. But it's not too far down the line that the police come knocking on the door and she puts two and two together."

Dalesfan
11-02-2016, 22:34
Kirin once again dangerous on the road. Wasn't expecting him to leave though although with all the evidence against him I'm not sure there was much choice. Can't say I will miss him that much. He was ok there for a brief spell but haven't really like him the majority of the time

lizann
11-02-2016, 23:46
he going to set daddy rakesh up for it

Telly Watcher
11-02-2016, 23:47
Emmerdale star Adam Fielding has quit the show after less than two years in the role of Kirin Kotecha.

Kirin has just taken centre stage in a huge storyline as he knocked over Tess Harris in a fatal hit and run - but the shocking moment marks the end for his character. And it's much sooner than you might think!

Viewers will see Kirin bow out on screen next week, when the police find his burnt-out car. He decides to do a runner rather than face the music.

Kirin's lawyer dad Rakesh (Pasha Bocarie) will be on hand to help him in his hour of need, but will father and son part on better terms after their recent animosity?

Speaking of his shock exit, Fielding revealed: "I made the decision in April last year. When I spoke to Kate [Oates, Emmerdale's former producer], I asked for two six month contracts.

"Where does a human being go when he has felt what Kirin has felt? With all of the stuff I have already done in a year, it's stressful and so Kate agreed to give me two six month contracts. It's been on the cards since then.

"Everyone's leaving - it's a job where all actors are leaving. It's important there's a character arc and a journey and Kirin's been gifted one. I think his mistakes will mean more and he will mean more as a character now."

He continued: "My exit is awesome. It was heavy and there is more to come from that. There's more to watch and more to be excited by.

"The relationship between Kirin and Rakesh comes full circle and I really enjoyed filming it. I felt like a lot of work had been put into their relationship, so hopefully it comes out well. I'm looking forward to watching what comes out of it and what comes next. There's a lot of good stuff."

Fielding also clearly relished the chance to be involved in such an action-packed sequence of events, from the crash itself to burning the car.

Praising Tess's body double, he laughed: "I wanted to marry the stunt woman. Have you ever seen anyone get run over? I did propose to her actually. She did it in one take. I wouldn't have proposed if she did it in two!

"A stunt person does the driving, but with the car burning, I wanted to do everything myself. When it came to the fire, the AD said: 'Don't try and be a hero. When the flames are getting close, just walk away'. But again, part of me wanted my eyebrows to burn off. How good would that be?

"I was messing about with the lighter in between takes and the AD was getting proper neurotic. He was like: 'Calm down!' But I enjoyed it - I'd burn another!"

Fielding joined the cast of Emmerdale in summer 2014 and the role of Kirin was his first major acting job. So what's next for him?

He said: "The life I chose as an actor. Working, auditioning and moving and learning about myself. I owe a lot to Emmerdale and learned a lot about myself. There are fantastic actors in the show who I was excited to work with and it definitely helped me."

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a783178/emmerdale-exit-adam-fielding-has-quit-his-role-as-kirin-kotecha-and-hes-leaving-next-week/

On Twitter tonight, the performer denied reports that he was too "stressed" to continue on the soap, saying: "My reason for leaving is to pursue other opportunities and my journey does not end with Kirin."

By Shaun Kitchener, Daily Express
http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/642923/Emmerdale-Kirin-Adam-Fielding-QUITS

Perdita
12-02-2016, 13:59
Emmerdale star Adam Fielding has clarified his reasons for leaving the show, insisting that he wasn't stressed out over his storylines.

The actor has already finished filming his role as Kirin Kotecha, who bows out on screen next week in the aftermath of his hit and run horror.

Speaking at a recent Emmerdale press conference, Fielding revealed that his exit was nearly a year in the planning, as he made the decision way back in April 2015.

"When I spoke to Kate [Oates, Emmerdale's former producer], I asked for two six month contracts," he explained. "The way the job is, is hard as an actor.

"Where does a human being go when he has felt what Kirin has felt? With all of the stuff I have already done in a year, it's stressful and so Kate agreed to give me two six month contracts. It's been on the cards since then.

"Everyone's leaving - it's a job where all actors are leaving. It's important there's a character arc and a journey and Kirin's been gifted one. I think his mistakes will mean more and he will mean more as a character now."

However, after news of his exit was announced last night, Fielding didn't seem best pleased at how his "stressful" comment looked in print and was keen to set the record straight over his reasons for going.

In a video message recorded for fans, he said: "A lot of the journalists seem to think that I 'quit' Emmerdale because I was feeling 'stressed out' - I mean, this is not the case at all guys.

"In short my reason for leaving is to pursue other opportunities. I'm an actor and my journey does not end with Kirin. And believe me there's a lot of opportunities in the pipeline. Obviously I can't say much, but watch this space."

Kirin knocked over Tess Harris in a drunken hit and run in last night's episodes. Tess was rushed to hospital following the accident, but later passed away when doctors were unable to save her.

Emmerdale continues tonight (February 12) at 7pm on ITV with the repercussions for Kirin, while his exit will air on Monday.

Digital Spy

Perdita
16-02-2016, 07:31
Bye Dad :(

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12717736_1671742663099533_8493948473159907137_n.jp g?oh=65d7c6373cc71bfea562ea93333aad5f&oe=575ED628

Telly Watcher
17-02-2016, 14:08
Adam Fielding has left the soap. The actor, who played Kirin Kotecha, had his final day's filming in January and explains: 'I made my decision to leave in April last year. I am auditioning now.'

Inside Soap, 20-26 Feb 2016

Glen1
17-02-2016, 15:01
Adam Fielding has left the soap. The actor, who played Kirin Kotecha, had his final day's filming in January and explains: 'I made my decision to leave in April last year. I am auditioning now.'

Inside Soap, 20-26 Feb 2016
Even if he doesn't make another appearance ,hope to hear he gets arrested and put on trial. Very serious multi offences committed, sends out the wrong message otherwise. Why the storyline couldn't have been concluded on screen I don't understand.

lizann
12-05-2020, 19:24
charity wants to find him so to adopt johnny

Perdita
14-05-2020, 04:18
Did he not go on the run? Another storyline forgotten by scriptwriters?

lizann
14-05-2020, 15:09
Did he not go on the run? Another storyline forgotten by scriptwriters?

yes for knocking down killing tess

EddyBee
14-05-2020, 19:47
The character is being written back into Emmerdale, played by a different actor.

Perdita
18-08-2020, 16:14
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a33632290/emmerdale-spoilers-kirin-kotecha-rish-shah-adam-fielding/

Emmerdale bosses have recast the role of Kirin Kotecha, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

Kirin will be heading back to the ITV soap for a guest stint this autumn, but he won't be played by Adam Fielding this time.

Digital Spy can reveal that Rish Shah has landed the role of Kirin and will be seen on screen in a few weeks' time.

Kirin will appear for a handful of episodes, as part of the ongoing storyline which sees Charity Dingle seek to adopt Johnny Woodfield.

In recent months, Charity has desperately tried to track down Kirin as she needs his permission before adopting Johnny.

Kirin went on the run four years ago after killing Tess Harris in a car accident. As he is determined to escape justice, Charity has found it impossible to establish any contact with him.

Charity's adoption plans come as her fianc?e Vanessa Woodfield ? Johnny's mum ? has bowel cancer and wants to have plans in place in case she passes away.

Recent episodes have seen Charity and her granddaughter Sarah Sugden both put pressure on Priya Kotecha, who was married to Kirin's dad Rakesh, for any information. This avenue led to disappointment when Priya was unable to make much progress.

Kirin was played by Adam Fielding between 2014 and 2016. Adam chose to leave the role and has since appeared in Channel 4's Ackley Bridge and BBC One crime drama In the Dark.

Emmerdale newcomer Rish Shah has previously made appearances in Years and Years, Doctors and Casualty.

lizann
09-09-2020, 19:20
back to blackmail charity