PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale producer Kate Oates reveals storyline gossip - 2014

Perdita
11-07-2014, 05:22
Emmerdale fans can look forward to a busy few months of storylines as Aaron Livesy returns to the village, terminally-ill Donna Windsor continues to play with fire and scheming couple Declan and Charity Macey come closer to a comeuppance.

For all the gossip on what to expect from future plots, Digital Spy recently caught up with Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates. Here, we present Part One of Kate's exclusive two-part interview.

Which characters and storylines will be most prominent over the next few months?
"Donna, Ross and Marlon's storyline will be pretty big over the summer. That will also link in with the ongoing Adam story, as he goes into a spiral of decline now that he knows the truth about his paternity. We're going to see those two stories run side-by-side for a while, but then they crash together later in the summer. That's going to be great because it's the story that will also bring Aaron back to the village, so I'm really looking forward to that.

"We've also got some fun stuff for Dan and Kerry as their wedding is on the cards. Kerry has wanted to be a bride forever, so she's finally got her wish - but that means that something has got to go wrong somewhere along the line, especially now that we've got Dan's bad penny brother Daz in the village!

"As we go into late summer, we'll also see Megan realise that she's maybe got more dirt on Charity than she ever thought possible… It's just a question of who is Declan going to believe - his wife or his sister?"

When we asked for reader questions, a lot of fans seemed desperate to see Charity and Declan get their comeuppance! Is that still a long way off?
"It's not too far into the future, but it's always really interesting when we hear people say that they want characters to get their comeuppance, as I always quite like watching people get away with it! It doesn't just extend the drama, but it also means that those characters have to be even more conniving and think of new ways to get out of trouble. As long as there is air in Charity's lungs, she will do her best to stay in control.

"We've also seen a darker and more ruthless side to Declan, which Charity has actually nurtured and brought out of him. She has grown this dark side herself, so the question for Charity will be, is Declan's dark side going to one day turn around and bite her on the backside?"

Would you consider bringing in a new family for Home Farm if things did go badly wrong for Declan?
"I think that Charity is going to cling onto that place for as long as she can! Declan will too, as he has given up so much to cling onto his empire. If those two do ever get out of Home Farm, it's not going to be an easy ride. I won't say too much just yet, but if Charity and Declan do find their position at Home Farm threatened, it's going to have to be a pretty big shove to move them…"

In the past, you've said that returnees should always still have a purpose in the show. With that in mind, do you have a long-term arc planned for Aaron?
"With a character like Aaron, we have to remember that Danny Miller achieved so much in his earlier stint on the show. The Jackson story and his performance in it were fantastic, so I definitely want Danny to be part of a big story when he returns.

"What's interesting is that we've already seen how well Danny works with people like Dom Brunt, Lucy Pargeter, Jeff Hordley and Adam Thomas. What I'm looking forward to is maybe shaking up a few of those character dynamics and seeing Aaron work alongside one or two other characters who his path hasn't crossed with yet. There might be one or two surprises there along the way…"

Naturally people are already speculating about a possible romance for Aaron and Finn! Is it on the cards?
"We're aware that people would speculate about that, because there's one common denominator there. But what's interesting about Aaron and Finn is that's actually the only common denominator between them. A relationship between them is not necessarily something that I could see.

"One might find the other slightly more interesting than he'd like to admit, but I think it would be a shame to bring Aaron and Finn together just because they both happen to be gay. They're both very different men, which I like because I think it's great to represent all different types of people on screen - whether gay or straight. I would seek to emphasise and celebrate that more than anything else."

We've noticed that a lot of our readers seem to be on Team Moira amid the current Barton dramas. Is there hope for her to get things back on track?
"Cain's problem with Moira is that just before they got engaged, he asked her, 'Is there anything else?' At that point, she said no. Cain is no angel himself and he has a dark history behind him, so he would have accepted it if Moira had told him the truth about her one-night stand with James. Cain's problem is that she lied. He's really invested in this relationship, because he's never been married before. One of the reasons for that is that committing to somebody so wholly is such a big deal for him.

"There is still hope for Moira and Cain's relationship, because the building blocks are there. Cain is still in love with Moira, but he's just hurt at the moment. Moira is really determined to make things work, so if anyone is capable of bringing her family back together, it's her. It's just a case of whether she can convince Cain that their marriage is worth saving."

Are you pleased with how things have gone with the new Barton arrivals? What are the future plans for them?
"I'm really pleased with how they've settled in. The three brothers have very distinct personalities, and that's what I like about them. I also like that when they're in trouble they can pull together, while at other times, their inner scrapping can sometimes pull them apart!

"Ross will continue to have a big story in the summer with Donna, which will go on to impact on his brothers and his dad. Later on in the winter and New Year, we'll have a big story that explores more of the family's history. It will also challenge James and some bad parenting decisions he's made, as he hasn't been entirely honest with his sons… That's the arc we'll see growing over autumn and into winter."

Have you decided whether Donna will have an on or off-screen death?
"All I'll say at the moment is that there will be a bit of a twist to Donna's death, which I'm looking forward to playing out. It's an interesting one, as there's obviously been a terminal cancer story in Corrie in the last few months which has become a legend in its own lifetime. Roy and Hayley's storyline was done brilliantly and was told so beautifully, so the challenge for us was to think about what would make this one different.

"I'm hoping that the way we've thrown different character groups together for this storyline and mixed things up with Ross and Donna's relationship will make it stand out in its own right. Hopefully that will allow people to enjoy it on a different level."

Will Laurel and Marlon's relationship be tested by the Donna drama ahead?
"Yes, it will be. Now that Marlon knows the truth about Donna's illness, it's going to be very difficult for him to deal with. They have a strong connection as Donna is the mother of Marlon's child. Now Marlon's world is going to turn upside down again. Marlon is very in tune with his emotions and feels very strongly about things, so his confused emotions will have a huge knock-on effect for his relationship with Laurel.

"Laurel is also put in the really difficult position of promising to be a mum to a child who she's only just met. She knows that it's going to come about very soon, so it's definitely going to challenge her relationship with Marlon. Their wedding is coming up in the next few months, but this could put a question mark over their future…"

Do Andy and Katie have some bigger stories ahead?
"Andy and Katie have such a strong history. I think that Andy and Katie as a couple could be the perfect solution for both of them. They've both been through so much and if the pieces were to fall back into place for them, it could be the answer to all of their prayers.

"But obviously soap is never straightforward and we're bound to throw some obstacles in their way! Andy's big farming accident is a big deal for him because he's a very physical guy. He feels that he can't provide for his family anymore or be himself. Due to his arm injury, he can't pick up his kids. That frustration may cause him to revisit a few old demons."

Will you be exploring the Jai/Leyla spark more?
"I really like the spark between them. Leyla is in a tricky position now, as she's in business with Megan but is falling for her boyfriend! It will definitely be a bit of a mess.

"When Jai first came into the show, he was a bit of a player. We have to remember that he took Charity away from Cain and seduced her, so there's always been that glint in Jai's eye. Now with Leyla crossing his path, maybe we're seeing some of that old Jai come back. The question is, will Leyla get in too deep?"

How will Sam's story with Tracy develop?
"Sam is still really damaged after everything that happened at the start of the year. As far as he's concerned, his fiancée Rachel was an arsonist who left him high and dry! We're dealing with a guy who hasn't got a lot of confidence and self-esteem at the moment. The arrival of Tracy does leave Sam vulnerable, but he's also wiser than what people give him credit for. I think he knows what he's getting into and maybe they're using each other a little bit.

"We'll have to wait and see what happens, but Amy Walsh who's playing Tracy is fantastic. She's settled in straight away and made herself right at home. The cast really love her and I know that she and James Hooton [who plays Sam] are really enjoying working together. Jamie Shelton who plays Robbie has been enjoying doing some scenes with her as well."

Are you planning an explosive October storyline again?
"We're definitely planning a big autumn. There'll be big, story-driven things happening in September and October. The birthday week in October will always be significant for us.

"With that said, I also think that you can become in danger of stopping a natural flow of storytelling because you've told yourself that you've got to have something massive in October and it's got to be a big stunt. You just end up becoming your own worst enemy if you try to beat yourself year-on-year in that way.

"It shouldn't be about that - it should be about good storytelling, which is letting stories flow, build organically and find natural highs. There'll definitely be things to watch out for around that time, but I don't want to tie us in knots and create a situation where every October has to be more CGI-ed than the year before with a plague of locusts descending on the village!"

heydrich39
11-07-2014, 14:32
wish they would get rid of this producer think her ideas for characters are crap. cant believe aaron is returning hope it wont be for long he is awful.

kiwigirl
11-07-2014, 18:31
I so agree with you heydrich39. I also think they should get rid of Amy Walsh (Tracy) We've already had the Gold-digger story over and over already sick of this character. Kate Oates there are alot of stories that need to be told and they all could be fantastic, but not with you behind the helm. Please hand in your resignation asap.

Perdita
11-07-2014, 18:34
I agree with you on Tracy ... can't warm to the character at all ...

Perdita
12-07-2014, 00:45
In the second part of our interview with Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates, we ask about what's ahead for more of your favourite characters.

If you missed out on Part One on Friday, catch up right here, or alternatively read on to learn about future plans for Debbie, Chas, the Kings and more!

Our forum has been full of buzz and speculation about Finn and Robbie's friendship and whether it could turn into more. What do you make of that reaction?
"I think it's really nice, because Robbie is from a tricky background and he's struggled to form relationships and friendships that mean anything. He and Finn are slight misfits in the village, so I love their banter together.

"It's always nice to try to find refreshing character dynamics and different mixes of characters, as it can be all too easy to keep people within their own character groups. Then before you know it, you have a character in the show who's never worked with some of the other artists, which is a massive shame - especially with an ensemble cast like ours.

"I do love the Robbie and Finn dynamic. We'll be keeping them as mates with banter, but I'm glad that it's caught the imagination of some of the Digital Spy readers!"

Are you glad that Robbie is being seen as more likeable following that friendship?
"I am. The interesting thing about Robbie is that he can be screwed up at times, but then when Declan was hitting Megan last year, Robbie absolutely put himself between the pair of them because he really loves his mum and wanted to save her from Declan. Robbie can do bad things as well, and as Adam's life takes a downward spiral in the coming weeks, Robbie might be a natural partner in crime for him.

"Jamie Shelton's a really good actor and it's a testament to his skill that no matter what tone of story you give him, he always delivers and does so really credibly and believably. It's been nice to have a chance to have a laugh with Robbie recently."

After the positive reaction to Val's HIV story, would you like to explore more 'issue-based' storylines?
"Absolutely, but what I liked about the HIV story was that while it was arguably issue-based and certainly explored an issue that I wanted to talk about publicly, it was also very character-driven. The beauty of our HIV story was that we gave it to Val and I don't think anyone would have expected that. It gave us a chance to explore old stigmas. One of Val's lines was that she'd become 'HIVal', so part of her journey was discovering that wasn't the case and she is still Val.

"Issue-based stories are always interesting, but it's finding the right one and finding the right character to tell them with. We have to make sure that it's a rewarding, long arc and find a different way of telling these issue stories. It always has to come from character."

The Emmerdale fans seem to have really enjoyed previous on-screen surprises, and we've seen other shows like EastEnders and Hollyoaks do those more often recently. Would you take that on board for the future?
"It can be a delicate balance because obviously you want people to tune in and you don't want them to miss big episodes, but I think that we do have a history of keeping certain things back too. We kept the details of Jackson's death quite quiet, as well as the death of Carl King in the live episode, Rishi claiming that Archie was his son and also Gennie being murdered by Cameron.

"In the next few weeks, we're also going to be keeping the future for Donna as secret as we possibly can, so we do try to keep some things back. Personally I love surprises as a viewer too, so I do understand that desire to keep certain things under wraps. It's just getting the right balance and making sure that our key audience don't miss something big."

As always, we've had loads of reader questions about screen time for older cast members. Are there some stories on the way for them?
"Yes, there will be. For one reason or another, I've not been able to show some of the older characters as much as I would have liked over the last few months, so I'm aware that some of the viewers may be missing them and wondering where some of the old favourites are.

"We've definitely got some stories in the pipeline for them and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. We're really lucky with our older cast members, as they love the show and they're such old pros. We miss them as much here when they're not on screen, so it'll be nice to see them back in the next few months."

Can you confirm that Belle will definitely be coming back?
"Belle will be coming back and when she does, it's very interesting. She didn't mean to kill Gemma and it was the kind of thing that could have happened to anybody. Belle has paid a really high price for it, so it's a question of how helpful is time away in prison for a 15-year-old girl who made a mistake? The Dingles will be awaiting Belle's return with bated breath and it's a question of how easy it will be for Belle to adjust to life back in the village.

"In the meantime, Lisa will be on tenterhooks wanting Belle home and wanting everything to be perfect for her. The Dingles are a family who don't have a lot of money and they have a lot going on, and when a trauma hits one of them, it hits them all.

"There'll be a story for Lisa where the stress gets to her a little bit, and that will impact on the rest of the family too. Lisa might have to sort herself out before Belle comes home!"

Is there more Sharma drama ahead?
"There's certainly drama ahead when Priya's new man Rakesh joins the village. Priya is so strong-minded and Jai hates Rakesh as they have a history, so if Priya does decide that an arranged marriage is the way to go, is it a decision she makes in haste and will repent at leisure? Rakesh is certainly a very driven guy who's used to getting what he wants, so he may not give things up without a fight.

"A casting that I'm really excited about will be Rakesh's son, who'll also be arriving in the village. That'll be fun and we might have an interesting allegiance in the pipeline, which hopefully your readers will enjoy!"

Fans often call to see more of Victoria on screen. Does she have much coming up?
"Victoria is best friends with Finn, so she will be involved with any Barton stories, and she's definitely going to be busy over the autumn too. We'll see more of Victoria then."

How about Nicola and Jimmy?
"Something that Jimmy did a few years ago is going to become very present for him in a way that he wasn't expecting, so we have got a nice little story on the cards there. Jimmy will doubtlessly be in loads of trouble with Nicola, because he always is! They're one of my favourite couples and I think they've got a really nice dynamic, so I'd always seek to have more of them on screen."

Mark Jordon is only on our screens as Dan's brother Daz for a brief period, but would you consider having him back again?
"I would, because I thought it was such a great casting. When I saw Mark's screen test, I looked at him and was really struck by how much he looked like Dan! It's nice when you get a storyline where actors are given a chance to dip their toe in and then you see how it works out. The chemistry between Daz and Dan as warring brothers was instant once Mark and Liam [Fox, who plays Dan] started working together.

"Dan himself initially came into the show for six weeks, and we all just loved him, so I would absolutely be open-minded to that. Mark was brilliant to work with, so watch this space."

Could Ashley find love again?
"It's about time he did and I think he will. Harriet is slowly realising that maybe she's been a bit mean to Ashley and maybe her jokes have fallen a bit flat!

"I quite like that when Harriet first met Ashley, she saw him as a real fuddy-duddy, but actually she has found herself really liking him despite herself. She's hopeless with men and relationships, but could Ashley be the one to save her from that?"

What's coming up for Debbie?
"I'm quite interested in Debbie and Pete's relationship. Pete is a very strong character, but he's strong in a different way to Ross. Ross is very much an alpha male with a history of throwing his fists around, while Pete is strong in a quieter and more self-assured way. Debbie has given him a hell of a runaround, but he's stayed with her because he understands that she is damaged and he wants to be there for her.

"Debbie knows that Pete could be the best thing that's happened to her for a long time. She could do with that steady and calming force in her life, but it's a question of whether that's instinctively what Debbie really wants, or whether it's just what she thinks she wants!

"Debbie also becomes more involved in the Donna story as time progresses, so you should watch out for that too."

Does Chas have some busier times ahead?
"I'm hoping to have a big year for Chas next year. When Lucy Pargeter and Charley Webb were performing all of the siege scenes last year, it was an absolute joy to watch them work. I have such admiration for them as performers and they're actors who enjoy a challenge more than anything else. I'm planning on a big 2015 for both of them, so watch out for all of that gearing up through winter…"

heydrich39
12-07-2014, 18:32
no even part 2 of interview dosent sound any better not interested in sam he had a big story with rachel know tracy to much air time for me and one of the most pointless characters on the show.

lizann
12-07-2014, 21:55
i wanna see some bad boy cain back

moiracainx
13-07-2014, 00:58
I enjoyed watching Debbie and Chas last year but do we really need 2015 to be all about them as well? There's plenty of other good characters who need their chances to shine

kiwigirl
13-07-2014, 23:17
I think she Kate Oates is trying to make Ross the "New Bad Boy Cain". I think Cain is too old for those antics.

tammyy2j
14-07-2014, 00:11
I enjoyed watching Debbie and Chas last year but do we really need 2015 to be all about them as well? There's plenty of other good characters who need their chances to shine

Yes like Victoria

tammyy2j
14-07-2014, 00:11
I thought Rachel and Archie might return

lizann
18-09-2014, 21:34
7000th episode is on the 17th October 2014 and someone is suppose to die could be declan, megan, robbie, charity, zak or lisa

heydrich39
19-09-2014, 01:36
I hoped with robert coming it might be finally the end of katie he is obviosly the bad chatacter whos arrival is in autumn as its to much of a coincidence. so more rubbish storylines and why are all thease old characters returning?

tammyy2j
19-09-2014, 14:37
7000th episode is on the 17th October 2014 and someone is suppose to die could be declan, megan, robbie, charity, zak or lisa

I think it will be Robbie or Declan who dies

Perdita
02-10-2014, 11:42
Emmerdale series producer Kate Oates has revealed that Andy Sugden and Katie Addyman will be taking centre stage for this year's Christmas episodes.

Viewers have recently seen the former couple reconcile and subsequently get engaged, and Oates has now revealed that they will feature heavily in a "traditional" festive plot.

Speaking to the Radio Times, she said: "Rather than going for bells and whistles and explosions, we're going to reward those viewers who've been watching the show for a really long time.

"We have these two characters in Andy and Katie who first got together when they were at school and they're finally going to make their mark together. So what we'll see is quite a traditional Emmerdale Christmas for a change,"

It was recently announced that Andy's brother Robert would be making his way back to the village with Ryan Hawley taking over the role.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/35/618x423/soaps-emmerdale-6960-4.jpg
Andy and Katie start to think about their future
© ITV
Andy and Katie start to think about their future

Viewers will remember that Katie had an affair with Robert back in 2004 which lead to the breakdown of her marriage to Andy.

Oates has confirmed that Robert's return will shake the couple's new found happiness, saying: "He's definitely going to stir things up."

Discussing the soaps recent storyline which saw Charity override her husband Declan's plans to kill her, Oates said: "Charity thinks she's out of the woods, but she isn't.

"I sometimes have a look at the comments from viewers on internet forums and people say that Charity hasn't had her comeuppance and the producer has lied to us. And I sit there in my chair and smile!

"It might happen sooner rather than later. She's definitely going to fall."

heydrich39
02-10-2014, 18:51
Oates if your reading this no one likes or cares about andy katie we want exciting episodes xmas not another boring katie wedding i was hoping declan would be coming back to finish of the buissness with charity. Instead we have robert andy katie bore fest. Would of loved a big accident so the rubbish like aaron etc would of been wrote out for good.

tammyy2j
02-10-2014, 21:37
Oates if your reading this no one likes or cares about andy katie we want exciting episodes xmas not another boring katie wedding i was hoping declan would be coming back to finish of the buissness with charity. Instead we have robert andy katie bore fest. Would of loved a big accident so the rubbish like aaron etc would of been wrote out for good.

I'm in agreement as I'm not a fan of Katie and Andy either and sounds like a Xmas wedding for them

I want Victoria to get a good meaty juicy storyline

lizann
03-10-2014, 00:50

i wont watch prefer paint drying

lizann
03-10-2014, 00:50

i wont watch prefer paint drying

Perdita
15-10-2014, 19:29
Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has expressed excitement over taking centre stage as Andy Sugden in the soap's Christmas episodes.

The show's producer Kate Oates has revealed that Andy and his girlfriend Katie Addyman will have a big role to play over the festive season as they prepare to tie the knot.

Speaking about the upcoming Christmas storyline, Fletcher commented: "It's an added pressure, but it's welcome. I think the whole story is up to it. There are enough depth and ideas there for us to do it justice.

"Kate has made the decision and she's obviously thought about it. I think she's made the right decision and the viewers will like it."

He continued: "I really think this time Andy is going to get his happily ever after, which he's longed for all these years. To be honest, it's something he really does deserve. That's me speaking selfishly for Andy, but I think Katie really deserves it too. I really do hope they get their happily ever after and fingers crossed they will!

"Being in a soap there'll be some complication or something that happens I'm sure, but on the whole, Andy and Katie getting back together and getting married is going to be the perfect happy ending."

Sammy Winward, who plays Katie, also confirmed that the couple's wedding will be low-key.

She commented: "It's really good and I'm really looking forward to the wedding. We haven't seen the scripts yet, so we're not sure what will happen.

"We've chosen the dress and it's very different. It's a budget wedding because Katie and Andy have got no money at all, to the point where Katie has to ask Leyla and Vanessa for more rent money because she cannot afford anything.

"It's going to be a very different wedding, but much more meaningful because money doesn't matter. Although I'm sure Katie wishes she had a bit more for the wedding!"

lizann
15-10-2014, 20:56
^ he is the only one excited :p

heydrich39
16-10-2014, 03:20
I agree andy and katie are so boring why does katie oates think anyone likes them. Aaron more storylines as well what a boring few months least theres cain and charity

mariba
16-10-2014, 14:40
Kerry and Andy were much better..But I like Kerry with anyone! :D Great character! But please let Andy&Katie be happy together this time-that farmer is changing his women far too often. How does he have time??! :D

Perdita
30-11-2014, 11:34
Emmerdale bosses have released a new promo picture which teases the soap's Christmas storylines.

The shot sees a number of the cast in a Woolpack Christmas scene, offering an insight into which characters and plots will be taking centre stage over the festive season.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/48/618x316/soaps-emmerdale-christmas-promo-shot.jpg
Emmerdale's Christmas 2014 promo shot
© ITV

Show chiefs have revealed that relationships in the village will be tested this winter, leaving fans to wonder whether Christmas will be a happy or sad time for some popular characters.

Andy Sugden and Katie Addyman will eagerly await their Christmas Day wedding, but as Robert continues to make his presence felt, it's possible that he may find a way to ruin the happiness of his brother and his ex.

Robert also looks set to be heavily involved in Aaron Livesy's next storyline as a surprise kiss between the pair could lead to a dangerous new relationship for Aaron.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/47/618x437/soaps-emmerdale-7044-2.jpg
Aaron smiles but on arriving at the scene is sceptical there is anything wrong with Robert's car.
© ITV
Aaron and Robert

Megan Macey will have a huge decision to make when her partner Jai Sharma tells her the truth about how he got his son Archie back and what it could mean for the youngster's mum Rachel Breckle. As pressure mounts due to questions from Ali and Ruby, Megan has to choose whether to report Jai to the police, or find a way to support him by silencing his doubters once and for all.

Elsewhere in the village, Marlon Dingle continues to lose sight of the needs of his wife Laurel as he remains solely focused on his troubled young daughter April Windsor. As the situation worsens, the question is whether Laurel will turn her attentions elsewhere.

Finally, Laurel's ex Ashley Thomas will find happiness with Harriet Finch as they finally get together, but just when things seem to be going well for them, something could happen to disrupt their relationship.

An Emmerdale statement teased: "With a great deal of resentment, and all the secrets and lies, the residents of Emmerdale need to tread carefully."

edaloicaro18
01-12-2014, 02:21
I have a bad feeling about all this Aaron and Robert thing :(
I really hope they don't regress Aaron or make him their punching bag again :nono::nono:
Just for once I want to see him enjoying himself , getting to know a good lad and share some good moments like the other characters do.:crying::crying: (at least the straight ones)

Serena Williams
01-12-2014, 07:35
I kind of wonder why the writers chose Robert? I hope the writers do not make Aaron chase a straight guy that is a soap opera cliche! I kind of wonder why the writers did not pair Aaron with Adam?

edaloicaro18
01-12-2014, 11:48
I kind of wonder why the writers did not pair Aaron with Adam?
I'm never going to understand that either. They have such a great chemistry together :wub:
With Aaron and Adam as a couple we'd have lots passion and tenderness. I'm sure that underneath all that gravel, lies a red blooded male who's longing for some TLC and I'm also sure that Adam is the only one that has the key to that hidden side of Aaron.
Hope they explore that possibility before one of them leaves the show.

tammyy2j
01-12-2014, 14:21
I'm never going to understand that either. They have such a great chemistry together :wub:
With Aaron and Adam as a couple we'd have lots passion and tenderness. I'm sure that underneath all that gravel, lies a red blooded male who's longing for some TLC and I'm also sure that Adam is the only one that has the key to that hidden side of Aaron.
Hope they explore that possibility before one of them leaves the show.

I prefer Adam and Aaron as good mates

kennedyfan86
01-12-2014, 14:32
Yes, me too, anything else would just be unrealistically weird and far too late

Perdita
28-01-2015, 13:35
Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates has revealed that there is still a while to wait before Robert Sugden's cheating is exposed to his partner Chrissie White.

Robert has recently embarked on an affair with Aaron Livesy, but his secret comes under serious threat next week when his enemy Katie secures proof of the fling.

Katie's discovery takes place when Aaron seduces Robert, having secretly provided her with details of where they will be. This allows Katie to take pictures on her phone which show them in a passionate clinch.

While being interviewed on ITV's This Morning today (January 28), Oates was asked whether Aaron and Robert will be caught and if Chrissie will find out about the affair.

She replied: "Two questions there really! Are they going to get caught? Well, Aaron wants to get caught because he's really fallen in love, and he's fallen in love with someone who he never thought would be his type.

"He wants to get caught, he wants this relationship to go forward. But Chrissie finding out - that might be a little further off the cards."

Katie's dramas with Robert and Aaron will form part of her final week on the ITV soap, as Sammy Winward has decided to bow out from the role.

Asked whether Winward's decision surprised her, Oates replied: "It did when she told me on my sofa! But it's one of those things that goes with the job and you know that actors come and go. She'd been in the show a long time and was obviously ready to try something else, so I was really happy for her and slightly gutted for us.

"But then you think, 'Well it just gives you that freedom to do what you like now', so there's a real blessing in it."

Perdita
16-02-2015, 05:21
Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates is planning more shock moments for viewers following the positive response to the show's recent on-screen surprises.

The ITV drama was praised for keeping some of its biggest storyline twists under wraps last month as Charity Dingle was found guilty at her trial, Rachel Breckle made an unexpected return and Jai Sharma was revealed to be raising the wrong baby.

While soap storylines are traditionally publicised well in advance, fans usually respond positively to elements of surprise in an episode.

Asked by Digital Spy whether Emmerdale has more curveballs to come, Oates replied: "We definitely have. I'm hoping it is working for viewers and that keeping these secrets is keeping people tuned in.

"You never know if you're shooting yourself in the foot by not saying 'tune in because this amazing thing is going to happen', but we have got some more curveballs on the way."

Oates added that the show's upcoming surprises won't be returning characters, as no major faces from the past will be rejoining the regular cast in the foreseeable future.

She said: "I think we've done so many returnees now. We brought Donna back, obviously I'm so glad that Danny Miller is back, and Robert is now back with a slightly different head!

"To have another returnee, we'd have to think about what they could bring and what their driving story would be. You'd want someone with a really awesome story if you were going to bring them back, so maybe we've done that for now and we'll focus on the toys that we've got!"

lizann
24-04-2015, 20:50
http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/exclusive-summer-on-emmerdale

kate video more spoilers

lizann
24-04-2015, 20:50
http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/exclusive-summer-on-emmerdale

kate video more spoilers