PDA

View Full Version : Carole (Tracy Brabin)

Perdita
30-06-2014, 10:36
Emmerdale bosses have cast former Coronation Street actress Tracy Brabin as a new love interest for Ashley Thomas.

Brabin has landed the role of Carole, who will be involved in a love triangle storyline once she makes her first appearance in the village next month.

When Ashley (John Middleton) finds romance with Carole, he is initially reluctant to introduce her to his friends. However, vicar Harriet Finch (Katherine Dow Blyton) quickly causes mischief by texting Carole from Ashley's phone.

As a result of Harriet's stunt, Carole soon makes an appearance in the village and her relationship with Ashley goes from strength to strength.

Unfortunately for Harriet, she ends up regretting her actions as she comes to realise that she is jealous of Ashley's new lover due to her own feelings for him.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/27/618x424/soaps-emmerdale-ashley-thomas-carole.jpg
Ashley and Carole in Emmerdale
© ITV
Ashley and Carole

Brabin previously played the role of Tricia Armstrong on Coronation Street in the '90s.

Speaking of her new part, she commented: "It is a total delight to be playing Carole back in my home town of Leeds. She's funny and sexy with a dark secret.

"Ever since I played Tricia in Coronation Street, it's been a personal and professional ambition to work with the wonderful actors and writers of Emmerdale. I hope the public take to Carole as much as I have."

Carole's first scenes air on Wednesday, July 23.

Perdita
24-09-2016, 04:41
Coronation Street and Emmerdale star Tracy Brabin has been picked as the Labour Party candidate for the late MP's Jo Cox's parliamentary seat.

Earlier this week, Brabin and environmental campaigner Jane Thomas were shortlisted for the Batley and Spen by-election on October 20 - but ITV reports that Brabin emerged victorious in a vote by Labour constituency members on Friday (September 23).

"I'm humbled and privileged. Obviously no-one wanted this, but I'm the only person on the ballot paper that can stand up for everyone in Batley and Spen," Brabin said in a statement.

"I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in the constituency and, hopefully, winning their trust. I'm hoping people will put party politics to one side and we can work together."

Brabin was a friend and supporter of Jo Cox, who was tragically killed earlier this year.

The Conservative Party, Liberal Democrats and UKIP have all announced that they will not field candidates in the October by-election out of respect to Cox's memory.

Brabin memorably portrayed Tricia Armstrong in Coronation Street for a three-year stretch in the '90s, with Tricia ultimately leaving Weatherfield for a quieter new life with Ray Thorpe.

She also made a brief appearance Emmerdale two years ago for a handful of episodes as Carole, a new love interest for Ashley.

Aside from her acting career, Brabin has worked behind the scenes as well, writing on shows like Doctors, Family Affairs and Hollyoaks.