PDA

View Full Version : Michael Spence

Perdita
19-06-2014, 15:30
Holby City star Hari Dhillon will reprise his role as Michael Spence for a short stint later this year.

Michael was last seen on screen in December when he was forced to take an extended break from the hospital after a showdown with CEO Guy Self (John Michie).
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/24/618x741/soaps-holby-city-hari-dhillon-michael-spence.jpg
Hari Dhillon as Michael Spence in Holby City
© BBC
Hari Dhillon

His return is set to be far from straightforward, as it soon transpires that he has been embroiled in a high-profile Stateside scandal involving a senator's wife.

Dhillon said: "Michael's return may be short but it's very eventful! He's back to tie up a few loose ends and also shake up the wards - and certain Holby staff - in a way only he knows how.

"I'm really excited about this storyline and it's great to be back working with the Holby team."

Debbie Chazen has been cast in the role of Michael's partner in crime Fleur Fanshawe. She will join the BBC medical drama for a three-month stint.

Billed as a "force of nature, who is destined to terrorise those on Keller ward especially Sacha Levy", Fleur is set to create havoc from the minute she arrives.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/25/618x414/showbiz-debbie-chazen.jpg
Debbie Chazen
© Getty Images / David M. Benett
Debbie Chazen

Chazen, whose previous credits include Doctor Who and The Smoking Room, said: "I am thrilled to be joining Holby as the outrageous Fleur - she's going to be a lot of fun to play!

"I can't wait to stir things up on Keller Ward and am looking forward to being able to tell my family that I'm a Doctor at last!

"A while ago, I appeared in one episode as a character called Colette Barnes who was romantically obsessed with Dr Levy and made a huge nuisance of herself. It seems this time I shall be creating havoc of a very different kind..."

Executive producer Oliver Kent added: "It's a short but explosive return for Michael to the Holby wards but his reappearance combined with the arrival of fiery Fleur will mean Holby staff won't know what hit them! This will be a guaranteed treat for the audience."