PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker)

Kim
24-06-2006, 08:42
Rudolph Walker awarded OBE

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/599/majorpatrick5ho.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Long standing star of the stage and screen, Rudolph Walker (Patrick Trueman) has been named in the Queen's birthday honours list for services to drama. Rudolph's career spans over 40 years, and he's won many accolades.

Rudolph said: "It's exciting, but it hasn't sunk in yet. I think I'm the first Trinidadian actor to get an OBE. I just tend to take things in my stride, get on with life and enjoy it."

Like his character, he's raising the flag for Trinidad and Tobago during the World Cup. Rudolph had a fantastic time at the England v Trinidad and Tobago match last week, but the excitement of his OBE means that he won't make it back for to see them play Paraguay.

Rudolph's starred in EastEnders since 2001. He was the first black actor to have a major role in a British sitcom, ITV's Love Thy Neighbour. He's since featured in television comedies The Crouches, The Thin Blue Line and Mr Bean. He's also appeared in many stage and film productions.

Among the gongs that Rudolph's amassed are: Black Entertainment Comedy Award (BECA) for lifetime achievement in 1999, Ethnic Multicultural Media Award (EMMA) for best actor in 2002, and Screen Nation Film and TV Awards Trailblazer award for longstanding screen presence.

hazey
25-06-2006, 23:12
I am pleased for him,he is a very good actor. He was very good all them years ago in love thy neighbour, but the series has never been reshown as it not classic as politically correct these days, for those to young to have seen it, it was a comedy about a black man and his wife, that were friends with the next door neighbours wife, but her hubby was racist, sounds bad but it was a very funny series.

bakedbean
29-01-2008, 20:08
Why have we not seen Patrick on screen for the last few weeks is the actor ill???

Debs
29-01-2008, 20:09
im glad you asked that, i was wandering the same thing.

Abbie
29-01-2008, 21:17
Hmm good point, he might be, just nothing too serious and theyve just not included him for a bit :searchme:

Kim
29-01-2008, 21:19
I think the last time we saw him was on the day of Kevin's funeral. I can't imagine there's too much wrong with him though as Dot got him to do a recording tonight and he sounded ok on it. Unless he's a bit afraid of going out after being told what happened to Jay or something.

Perdita
18-06-2014, 11:23
EastEnders' Patrick Trueman will face the biggest challenge of his life when he has a major stroke in an upcoming storyline.

The story will follow Patrick's journey from the initial signs that something is wrong to the actual stroke itself and its severe consequences afterwards.
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/07/618x412/soaps-eastenders-rudolph-walker-patrick-trueman.jpg
Rudolph Walker as Patrick Trueman in EastEnders
© BBC
Rudolph Walker

The aftermath of the stroke will have a huge impact on Patrick and those closest to him and will be explored throughout the rest of the year.

Rudolph Walker, who plays Patrick, said in a statement: "This is a truly important storyline as strokes affect so many different people in so many different ways.

"We are all working very hard on this and I really hope Patrick's story can help raise awareness."

EastEnders Executive Producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins, who previously teased a big story for Patrick over the summer, added. "This is an important storyline in so many ways.

"Not only does it give the wonderful Rudolph Walker the chance to shine, but we also hope it will raise awareness of the warning signs that come before a stroke and the difficulties of caring for the elderly in 21st century Britain."
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/07/618x440/soaps-eastenders-4809-11.jpg
Patrick considers the future of the B&B
© BBC
Patrick's stroke will have severe consequences.

The EastEnders team have worked closely with leading stroke experts, charities including The Stroke Association, and stroke survivors while researching the storyline to accurately depict the sensitive subject.

Director of External Affairs at the Stroke Association Joe Korne said: "Many people will be able to identify with this storyline, including the 1.2 million stroke survivors in the UK. A stroke can leave people facing the rest of their lives with a disability, and the emotional strain caused by the condition can be devastating.

"We hope that Patrick's experiences will raise awareness amongst viewers particularly of the symptoms of a mini-stroke, which include facial weakness, arm weakness and speech problems, and last for a short period of time. It's a warning sign that a stroke could be on the way, yet thousands of people dismiss a mini-stroke as 'just a funny turn'.

"It's a medical emergency and anyone with those symptoms should call 999 immediately. Anyone who'd like to find out more about stroke can visit www.stroke.org.uk."

lizann
21-06-2014, 22:00
it might bring back kim and anthony

tammyy2j
07-07-2014, 23:15
Patrick Trueman is left with a difficult decision to make as he discovers Ian Beale's secret on EastEnders next week.

Trouble brews as ruthless Rainie Cross (Tanya Franks) continues to put pressure on Ian, wanting more money in exchange for her silence over his whereabouts on Good Friday.

When Ian (Adam Woodyatt) ignores Rainie's latest phone calls, she heads back to Walford and orders him to pay up or else.

Later, Ian hopes that he has managed to get rid of Rainie once and for all. However, when she bumps into Patrick, she happily reveals that Ian paid her for sex on the night that his daughter Lucy was murdered.

Patrick (Rudolph Walker) is disgusted when he hears what Ian has done and doesn't waste much time before confronting him, but will he reveal the truth to the businessman's fiancée Denise Fox?

tammyy2j
07-07-2014, 23:15

Perdita
14-07-2014, 07:23
New EastEnders pictures have been released showing the aftermath of Patrick Trueman's upcoming stroke.

Patrick's health takes another turn for the worse next week after he continues to ignore the warning signs that something is wrong with him.

In the build-up to Patrick's crisis, he clashes bitterly with Ian Beale after learning that he paid Rainie Cross for sex on Good Friday.

Patrick issues Ian with a one-day deadline to tell his partner Denise the truth, but the Albert Square businessman tries to stay one step ahead by arranging a spontaneous trip to Oxford to see Libby.

Fans will see Patrick's anger rise when he learns that Ian has fled from Walford with Denise, but as his emotions get the better of him, he suddenly collapses.

Denise (Diane Parish) is later devastated when she finds out that Patrick has had a stroke, and she rushes to be by his side at the hospital.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/28/618x440/soaps-eastenders-4894-4.jpg
Denise looks after Patrick
© BBC
Denise looks after Patrick
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/28/618x412/soaps-eastenders-patrick-trueman-stroke-denise-fox.jpg
Denise is devastated by what has happened
© BBC
Denise is devastated by what has happened

EastEnders bosses announced Patrick's stroke storyline last month, promising that its repercussions will play out on screen for the rest of the year.

Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins commented: "This is an important storyline in so many ways.

"Not only does it give the wonderful Rudolph Walker the chance to shine, but we also hope it will raise awareness of the warning signs that come before a stroke and the difficulties of caring for the elderly in 21st century Britain."

EastEnders airs these scenes on Tuesday, July 22 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

lizann
21-02-2020, 01:03
killed by new son isaac?

mysangry
23-02-2020, 20:49
killed by new son isaac?

Is"Patty" leaving? who will be the eldest resident on the Square now?????

tammyy2j
01-09-2020, 21:57
Patrick Trueman contracted coronavirus (COVID-19), and had to spend a week in Walford General Hospital in an intensive care unit.

Luckily, he managed to recover and come home, and his son Anthony drove down to help out.

Digital Spy

Timalay
23-09-2021, 05:55
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-patrick-trueman-actor-rudolph-25042416. Patrick is leaving the soap.

Perdita
28-06-2023, 10:59
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a44354228/eastenders-spoilers-patrick-trueman-return/

EastEnders has confirmed that one key character will be back on our screens next week, as Patrick Trueman returns to Albert Square after several months away.

Patrick departed Walford in March this year, after a bet on a horse in honour of his ex-wife Yolande's 70th birthday prompted him to go and see her with hopes of rekindling their relationship.

Although Patrick was seen briefly in a video call shortly before Lola Pearce-Brown passed away last month, scenes airing next week on BBC One will feature his return to Walford in person.

Patrick arrives home, delighted to be reunited with his family, but he's shocked to discover what's been going on while he's been away.

He's particularly upset to hear that Denise Fox's marriage to Jack Branning is hanging by a thread following her affair with Ravi Gulati.

Although he's evasive when Denise asks him about his time with Yolande, Patrick is keen to help Denise and Jack if he can.

Patrick soon offers a distraught Jack some advice, suggesting that he shows Denise just how much he loves her.

Meanwhile, Denise is having to field questions about her sister Kim Fox from Howie Danes, and Patrick worries that Denise is going to experience burnout by looking out for Kim's family as well as her own.

But things begin to look up for Denise when Jack arrives at Fox and Hair with a picnic lunch and a bottle of prosecco as a surprise for his wife, making her take a much-needed break.

Denise is touched by Jack's efforts. Could the couple be turning another corner after all of their marital trouble?

In 2021, Rudolph Walker, who has played Patrick for over two decades, confirmed that he has no plans to leave Walford behind anytime soon, saying that he would like to stay for "as long as EastEnders wants me".

"At the moment I am enjoying it, and I will continue to enjoy it for as long as it's physically and mentally possible," he said.