PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing 2014 *with spoilers*

Perdita
02-06-2014, 11:17
Artem Chigvintsev and James Jordan will not be returning for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Former champion and 2013 finalist Chigvintsev has decided to stay in America, after featuring on the most recent season of Dancing with the Stars.

Meanwhile, Jordan has decided to leave after eight series on the show. His wife Ola is confirmed to return.

Strictly also confirmed that - in a first for the programme - two siblings will be participating, with the addition of Joanne Clifton.

Clifton, a World Professional Ballroom Show Dance Champion, joins her brother Kevin on the show. Kevin was an eventual finalist last year with Susanna Reid.

Also joining the professional lineup is Tristan MacManus, who previously appeared on Dancing with the Stars and has danced with Gladys Knight and Pamela Anderson.

Eight female and seven male professional dancers will feature in the 2014 series, with Natalie Lowe returning after withdrawing last year due to a back injury.

Anya Garnis will not be back to partner a celebrity, but will instead remain part of the choreography team.

The list of professional dancers in full:

Females: 
Aliona Vilani, 
Iveta Lukosiute, 
Janette Manrara, 
Joanne Clifton, 
Karen Hauer, 
Kristina Rihanoff, 
Natalie Lowe
 and Ola Jordan.

Males: 
Aljaž Skorjanec, 
Anton du Beke, 
Brendan Cole, 
Kevin Clifton, 
Pasha Kovalev, 
Robin Windsor and 
Tristan MacManus.

Tuareet
02-06-2014, 16:38
Gutted James Jordan won't be in it this year. :(

tammyy2j
03-06-2014, 15:52
How is Anton and Brendan still there?

Perdita
25-08-2014, 07:29
EastEnders actor Jake Wood has become the latest celebrity to sign up for this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The actor, who has played notorious womaniser Max Branning in the BBC soap for eight years, is the eighth contestant to be announced for this year's competition.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/34/618x361/uktv-scd-jake-wood.jpg
Jake Wood for Strictly Come Dancing
© BBC

He joins the likes of Frankie Bridge, Judy Murray, Alison Hammond, Simon Webbe, Mark Wright and Casualty star Sunetra Sarker.

Wood, who is married with two children, said that he was doing the show for all of the dads out there.

"I'm really relishing the prospect of hitting the Strictly dance floor this year," he said.

"I'm doing it for all the dads out there and you never know, there's always a chance of being the first Walford resident to take home the Glitterball. Bring it on!"

Max is currently heavily involved in the Lucy Beale murder investigation storyline.

Previous high-profile storylines include his affair with his son Bradley's girlfriend and his marital struggles with wife Tanya.

Perdita
25-08-2014, 07:33
Mark Wright, Sunetra Sarker (Zoe in Casualty) Simon Webbe, Thom Evans and Judy Murray have so far confirmed that they are taking part.

lizann
25-08-2014, 14:28
is mark's girlfriend from corrie michelle also confirmed?

Perdita
25-08-2014, 14:38

I have not seen her name yet

Perdita
25-08-2014, 14:38

lizann
25-08-2014, 14:41

they are usually tied together everywhere :p

lizann
25-08-2014, 14:41

they are usually tied together everywhere :p

tammyy2j
25-08-2014, 23:51
Bafta-winning naturalist Steve Backshall is set to swap the jungle for the ballroom when he takes to the floor in Strictly Come Dancing.

Backshall is best known for CBBC's wildlife programme Deadly 60 in which he tracks down 60 of the world's deadliest animals.

He made the announcement live on BBC Breakfast.

The naturalist said: "My day job filming wildlife in jungles and swamps is nothing like as scary as what is ahead.

"I think Strictly Come Dancing is going to be my wildest challenge by far."

Perdita
30-08-2014, 11:17
The launch of Strictly Come Dancing 2014 is now only a week away and the lineup of celebrities has been revealed in full.

Among the 15 stars are a Radio 1 DJ, three popstars, a former TOWIE, an EastEnder and a rugby ace. The fake tan is being slapped on and the glittery costumes are being dusted off for another year, but are you excited about this new lineup of twinkled-toed celebs?

The Strictly lineup is never exactly a who's who of Hollywood stars - Chris Hollins won the thing one year, for Christ's sake - but is a bill featuring Mark 'ITV2' Wright and former Big Brother contestant Alison Hammond a step too far down the showbiz ladder for your tastes?

When it comes down to it, is the prospect of Gregg from MasterChef doing the rumba enough to keep you in on a Saturday night and stop you switching over to Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole?

The Full Lineup

1. Alison Hammond

2. Frankie Bridge

3. Jake Wood

4. Judy Murray

5. Mark Wright

6. Scott Mills

7. Simon Webbe

8. Steve Backshall

9. Sunetra Sarker

10. Thom Evans

11. Pixie Lott

12. Caroline Flack

13. Gregg Wallace

14. Tim Wonnacott

15. Jennifer Gibney

Strictly Come Dancing launches on Sunday, September 7 at 8pm on BBC One. A Strictly Come Dancing red carpet special, featuring the first interviews with the entire Strictly lineup, will be on the Red Button and BBC iPlayer from 7pm on Wednesday, September 3.

kayuqtuq
31-08-2014, 08:20
I won't be watching this year, there's only 5 on that list that I've heard of! No Artem, James or Robin and worst of all Claudia Winkle twit presenting. I think this year will be a make or break for Strictly.

Perdita
02-09-2014, 07:15
EastEnders actor Jake Wood has revealed that he doesn't even dance at parties, but is up for the challenge of Strictly Come Dancing.

The 42-year-old said taking part in the BBC One competition is completely out of his comfort zone and he has never danced professional.

"I tend not to even dance at a party but I do sometimes dance at home when I'm mucking about with the kids," Wood explained.

However, the actor - best known for his role as Max Branning - said that he's not nervous about what the judges have to say about his performance.

"They're always positive and any criticism is usually constructive and it's all for our benefit. I'll take any criticism on board and work with it," he said.

Wood also welcomed Strictly's notorious sequins and fake tans, adding: "Bring it on! No, seriously I'm up for it all. I've signed up now and it's part and parcel of the show, isn't it?"

Strictly Come Dancing airs its launch show on Sunday (September 7) at 8pm on BBC One.

Katy
03-09-2014, 21:42
Yay cathy brown!! Aka Jennifer Gibney I love her!

lizann
15-12-2014, 20:22
jake should have made the final with frankie and caroline some dubious decisions by len this year