PDA

View Full Version : Howie

Perdita
07-05-2014, 19:35
Coronation Street bosses have confirmed that the soap will introduce a new disabled character named Howie in the autumn.

The show's team have put out a public casting call as they begin the hunt for the right actor to play the role.

Writing on Twitter, Coronation Street's casting director Janet Hampson described Howie as a "cheeky chap" in his 40s who will have a visible disability.

A Coronation Street spokesperson told the Manchester Evening News: "Howie is a new disabled character that is being written into storylines starting on screen in the autumn.

"He will be connected to a current cast member, although that's all we can say at this stage."

Auditions for the new role are expected to take place over the next few weeks.

Current character Izzy Armstrong, played by wheelchair user Cherylee Houston, is the first disabled Coronation Street regular and has been on screen for four years.

tammyy2j
10-09-2014, 21:42
Blackburn also revealed that the previously-announced new character Howie will be the cousin of Tim Metcalfe.
He said: "There is also going to be a new character called Howie arriving. He is Tim's cousin and will be providing much more fun for the Websters.

"In the past, Tim's relationship with Howie has been incredibly fragile. They never see eye to eye, and Howie loves winding up Tim.

"We are in the process of the final auditions for Howie, and you will be seeing the character on screen early next year."

tammyy2j
10-09-2014, 21:42

Perdita
27-05-2015, 11:38
I wonder whether he is still going to join ... or have I missed him??? :searchme:

Dazzle
27-05-2015, 12:14
I wonder whether he is still going to join ... or have I missed him??? :searchme:

No you haven't missed him Perdy :)

Perdita
27-05-2015, 12:19
Thank you Dazzle, did not think I had as I have not missed that many episodes but wanted to check :D

Dazzle
27-05-2015, 12:31
Maybe they're having trouble casting the character?

Perdita
27-05-2015, 12:36
Yes, I am thinking that too as auditions were held last September, guess there was nobody suitable among them

Dazzle
27-05-2015, 12:40
Yes, I am thinking that too as auditions were held last September, guess there was nobody suitable among them

It's laudable they want to give the role to an actor with a real disability so I hope they stick to that even if it takes a while to find the right person.