PDA

View Full Version : Holby City Spoilers 1st April 2014

Perdita
19-03-2014, 14:47
'The Cruellest Month'

It's Jonny and Bonnie's big day, but will Jac let him go?

Meanwhile, Zosia struggles to cope with the anniversary of her mother's death.

Elsewhere, Adele gives Serena a reminder of the things that really matter in life.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/spoilers/a557541/the-cruellest-month.html#ixzz2wQ71VXNn

alan45
27-03-2014, 01:03
It's Jonny and Bonnie's big day, but Jonny still has a million and one things to do before he's ready to tie the knot. Luckily Mo is on hand to help as his best man. However, when Bonnie's brother arrives on the ward and Jonny is forced into theatre with Jac, he's left questioning what he really wants - will he make the wedding?

Meanwhile, it's the one-year anniversary of her mother's death and Zosia is barely holding it together. Desperate for distraction, she throws herself into dealing with a patient, but her dogged determination leads to disaster when she's thrown off the ward.

Elsewhere, following the news that Connie Beauchamp has taken over as the new head of the ED, Serena is determined not to be left behind. She enlists Adele's help in ensuring that all of the patients on AAU complete the new patient satisfaction survey, but eventually realises what's really important in life.

Holby City airs a huge episode next week as Jonny Maconie and Bonnie Wallace's wedding day arrives.

The couple are hoping for a happy future together, but with twists and turns in the build-up to the ceremony, it's anyone's guess whether they'll make it down the aisle.

Viewers have already seen that Jonny's ex Jac Naylor is jealous of their relationship, and she continues to speak her mind next week by urging him to admit that he doesn't really love Bonnie.

Jonny (Michael Thomson) ignores Jac's attempt to spoil his big day, but a further problem arises when Bonnie's brother Joel arrives on the ward needing a heart check-up.

When it turns out that Joel has a serious condition and needs treatment sooner rather than later, Jac 'helpfully' arranges for him to have an operation straight away - and also insists on having Jonny present during the surgery as they're short-staffed.

Although Jac (Rosie Marcel) protests that her intentions are good, Jonny suspects that she could be trying her best to stop the wedding from happening.

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/13/618x348/soaps-holby-city-jonny-maconie-jac-naylor-surgery.jpg

With Jonny now stuck in surgery and pushed for time, it's unclear whether the ceremony will take place at all - and Bonnie (Carlyss Peer) grows increasingly agitated when he's late at the registry office.

Playing her last card after the operation is completed, Jac lays her heart on the line by kissing Jonny passionately and insisting that she needs him. Will Jonny still go ahead and marry Bonnie?

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/13/618x348/soaps-holby-city-bonnie-wallis-wedding.jpg

alan45
27-03-2014, 01:03
What a shocker. Brilliant. Definitely didn't see that coming. Well done to all concerned

Perdita
02-04-2014, 04:36
Holby City aired Bonnie Wallis's final episode on Tuesday evening (April 1) as she bowed out of the BBC medical drama in a shock twist.

Bonnie was supposed to be enjoying the happiest day of her life as she prepared to marry her fiancé Jonny Maconie (Michael Thomson), but a tragic turn of events shattered the couple's chance of happiness.

When Bonnie stepped out into the road to get to Jonny after he had been running late for their ceremony, she failed to look for oncoming traffic and was hit by a truck. Jonny was then left devastated as there was nothing that could be done to save his wife-to-be.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Carlyss Peer, who played Bonnie, for an exclusive chat about her exit from the show.

How would you sum up your time on Holby City?
"I had a wonderful time. It was a real pleasure to work with the cast, crew and everyone at the BBC. I had a lot of fun and it was sad that I had to leave so soon, but it was a pleasure and a joy to be there."

How did you feel about the dramatic exit storyline?
"I was really pleased with it, actually! It's really exciting to have an exit storyline like that, because sometimes characters can just disappear and you don't really know why. It was really nice to go out with a big story and a bit of a bang!

"I was quite shocked when I found out that Bonnie was going to die, but then I was really excited to have a good piece of drama to go out on."

When did you first find out this would happen?
"It was about two weeks into filming when I found out that Bonnie would be killed at the end of my contract. It's quite a weird experience to know that you're going to die and it's coming for you but you don't know how or exactly when!

"I didn't know exactly what was going to happen until much later, though - probably about half-way through. I met with the lovely producers, they chatted me through it and they asked me what I thought. I was really excited."

Would you have liked to stay for longer?
"I enjoyed my time on the show so much that part of me would always have wanted to enjoy that for a little longer, as there's a really wonderful family atmosphere at Holby. I was sad to leave, but I knew what my contract was and I was pleased to have such lovely storylines during my time there."

Were the final scenes a challenge to film?
"They were, and I really hadn't expected them to be. I had it in my head that it was just acting and everything was going to be fine, but actually the filming days were quite emotional. I suppose that was partly because I was watching my friends reacting to this horrible situation, while I had to lie there and do nothing about it. It was quite traumatic to be lying there while everyone else was crying!

"At the same time, they had a wonderful stunt woman and the director was great. It was a fun but emotional couple of days! Also the weather was pretty chilly, so I was quite cold standing there in a wedding dress for two days!"

Are you glad that the outcome of the story was kept secret?
"Yes, I really am. I think it's really nice that it's managed to stay secret and came as a surprise to the viewers. It's a credit to the writers that they're still able to surprise the fans.

"Part of me would have liked there to be a happy ending for Jonny and Bonnie and for everything to be well, but life isn't always like that, so now it's really exciting that the writers have got a different angle to go with for the characters left behind. We'll see how they cope with this crazy situation."

Fans on our forums and Twitter often debated how strong Jonny's feelings for Bonnie were. What are your thoughts on that?
"Well, as the person who played Bonnie, I have to believe that Jonny loved her absolutely! I think that relationships can be really complicated, and Jac always will have a place in Jonny's life and heart. That's impossible to avoid, but at the same time, Jonny didn't want to spend the rest of his life with her, otherwise he would be doing that. Bonnie knows that too and was determined not to lose him for a second time."

Their wedding came about quite quickly, so do you think marriage would have been the best move for them?
"That's a really good question! I don't know myself! The wedding did come about pretty swiftly, but I guess they've known each other a long time even though their screen time has been short. If you bear that in mind, it's not as spontaneous as it seems.

"I think marriage would have been good for them - it would have given them security and probably made Bonnie chill out a little bit. She would have had a nice time being with her soulmate."

Will you keep watching the show to see the aftermath of Bonnie's demise?
"Definitely! I very much love those characters, as myself and as Bonnie! I'll definitely be tuning in to see what's going on and what the gossip is."

Do you want to see Jonny stay single for a while?
"Yes, I would really prefer that but that's not always possible! It'd be nice for Bonnie to at least be referenced in the following episodes, as at least that would show that she was worthwhile."

As a viewer, would you say Jac and Jonny make a good match?
"I don't know - I'm trying to switch off my Bonnie head which would always say no! I did enjoy the storylines of those two getting together and the power struggle between them. That was really fun to watch. I'm not sure that I could see Jac and Jonny getting together forever, but I really enjoyed their relationship and the excitement around it. They didn't slot perfectly together and that was part of the fun."

What kind of reaction have you seen to Bonnie's storylines?
"I think I've had a mixed reaction. Some people really love Jac and really wanted a reunion between her and Jonny. Bonnie was obviously the spanner in the works in that situation, so there were some reactions over that! But there were also some positive responses from people who thought that Bonnie was better for Jonny, so that was nice to see too."

What have Michael Thomson and Rosie Marcel been like to work with?
"It's been an absolute pleasure to work with them. They were so lovely to me when I first arrived on the show and they really helped me to settle in. This was my first regular role on television - I've never been in anything so long-standing, so they both really showed me the ropes and looked after me. That was really great.

"Michael was a pleasure to play opposite in a lot of those scenes as well and we had a great laugh. You saw some of that on screen, as they kept it in!"

What's next for you?
"I'm back into auditions at the moment. I've been over in LA for pilot season and was auditioning for some shows over there. I'll go back there and do that again. I'm doing auditions here too and I'd really like to do some more screen work, but we'll see how that goes.

"I've also got a couple of theatre auditions as well, so I'm not sure what will be next but hopefully it'll be something good!"

How would you like Bonnie to be remembered by the fans?
"I guess I'd like them to just think of her fondly and think about what could have been for Jonny and Bonnie together!"

deedee
02-04-2014, 11:15
It was stunning! It hadn't crossed my mind as a possible outcome. I was itching for Jaq to say she loved him.
For a moment when he was stood at that side of the road I thought it'd be him.
And then I laughed like a drain when the lorry appeared out of nowhere!

deedee
02-04-2014, 11:15
Whoops. Dup post.