PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolution 2014

Abbie
28-12-2013, 18:07
I dont think we've had one of these threads for a while.

Anyone going to be making any new years resolutions? New years will be here soon.

I'm still trying to think of mine. I want to actually keep to mine this year.

Perdita
28-12-2013, 18:56
Never made any, if I want to change something, I wait for the right time, not a particular date on the calendars .. Hope every one here has a fab time, good time and good luck in our games xx

Meh
29-12-2013, 00:42
I always end up breaking mine by the end of Jan!

Dazzle
29-12-2013, 11:59
I'm not a believer in new year's resolutions generally because they're so often broken. This year, though, I've made a to-do list of things I've been putting off forever, and I'm pleased to say I've already done one of them :)

I'd been meaning for a while now to post my experience of recovery on a self-help forum I once frequented in order to encourage others that there is hope, and I did so yesterday.

I'm feeling very pleased with myself now :D

Katy
29-12-2013, 17:16
I'm doing dryathlon where I'm not drinking in January!! And I aim to run a half marathon

Meh
29-12-2013, 17:31
I'm not a believer in new year's resolutions generally because they're so often broken. This year, though, I've made a to-do list of things I've been putting off forever, and I'm pleased to say I've already done one of them :)

I'd been meaning for a while now to post my experience of recovery on a self-help forum I once frequented in order to encourage others that there is hope, and I did so yesterday.

I'm feeling very pleased with myself now :D

I like that idea better. A list of things to accomplish over the year. Might give it a try

parkerman
31-12-2013, 17:59
I've resolved not to make any more resolutions.

Wonder if I can keep that one?

parkerman
31-12-2013, 17:59
I've resolved not to make any more resolutions.

Wonder if I can keep that one?

Yes, OK, I just said that!

GennieFan
31-12-2013, 18:04
Be more positive about myself and not let others get me down

Chloe O'brien
31-12-2013, 21:37
I joined sccottish Slimmers in March of this year and since them I have lost a stone in weight it's been slow but i'm sticking with it. i've got just over another stone to loose before I get to my target weight. That's my resolution

Perdita
01-01-2014, 09:50
Hello Kath, Good to see you again, missed you on here, Happy New Year and well done to your weight loss

Chloe O'brien
01-01-2014, 16:46
Thanks Perdy it's good to be back. I can't believe how long it's been since the last time i have been on here. My life has been so hetic for months at work not in a good way but I will save that for another thread. I'm determined to keep up the weight loss programme. I bought a 13 wee pass before the chirstmas holidays to force me to return next week when the class starts back otherwise I would probably fallen by the way side.

Meh
02-01-2014, 00:01
Kath, you didn't have any weight to lose (not that I remember from when I saw you last)

lizann
02-01-2014, 00:03
to win new reality show "britain and ireland's next top model has the x factor and can come strictly naked dancing" :p

Chloe O'brien
02-01-2014, 00:59
Kath, you didn't have any weight to lose (not that I remember from when I saw you last)

Aw shucks you say the nicest things to a girl you really do. Although I'm not over weight I do weigh more now than I did when I was carrying Marley and that has been a thorn in my side for years. when I worked in the office full of men i used to have a link sausage roll with a potato scone every day. I was just getting bigger and bigger. Margaret a freind from work kept saying that we wanted to loose weight but never did anything about it until March. We live about three miles away from each other and we found a scottish slimmers club half-way between were we live so we went along and still going strong. At the moment I weigh 10st 11;.lb I would like to get down to 9 and a half stone

Chloe O'brien
02-01-2014, 00:59

Aw shucks you say the nicest things to a girl you really do. Although I'm not over weight I do weigh more now than I did when I was carrying Marley and that has been a thorn in my side for years. when I worked in the office full of men i used to have a link sausage roll with a potato scone every day. I was just getting bigger and bigger. Margaret a freind from work kept saying that we wanted to loose weight but never did anything about it until March. We live about three miles away from each other and we found a scottish slimmers club half-way between were we live so we went along and still going strong. At the moment I weigh 10st 11;.lb I would like to get down to 9 and a half stone