PDA

View Full Version : Maddie Heath

Perdita
15-12-2013, 16:22
Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has spoken about her new love interest on the show.

Vincent's character Sophie Webster will soon fall for newcomer Maddie Heath, played by Amy Kelly.

Vincent discussed the new character with The Mirror, saying: "Maddie shakes things up, she's very much a Kylie Platt or Becky McDonald character but a lot worse.

"She's very demanding and hard to read – you're intrigued by her. I think she's a good match for Sophie, who stands her ground with her.

"They're both feisty and want to get one over on each other. Sophie likes her because she's naughty."

The storyline will see Sophie meeting homeless Maddie on Christmas Day when she goes to work in a soup kitchen. Her mum Sally, played by Sally Dynevor, is said to take an instant disliking to her daughter's new love interest.

Vincent added: "Sally doesn't really want to come to the soup kitchen but Sophie makes her. When we go there she's like: 'Oh look at the grateful faces,' but Maddie comes in and wrecks that.

"She pushes Sally's face in a trifle and they get off to a really bad start. We go back to the soup kitchen and things keep happening, such as Sally's bag *going missing."

The 21-year-old, who has been in the soap since she was 11, said that she was happy to see her character's new romance develop.

"I think all three of Sophie's girlfriends have been very different. Sian was Sophie's first love, then she had more of a grown up relationship with Jenna.

"I think she's praying for the third time lucky with this one."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a538383/corries-brooke-vincent-sophies-new-girlfriend-shakes-things-up.html#ixzz2nYpnjP9n

swmc66
16-12-2013, 23:15
And she gives relationship advice about Tim to her mum?

Perdita
23-12-2013, 08:57
When Sophie meets Maddie at the soup kitchen on Christmas Day, could this troubled teen be the challenge that Sophie has been searching for?

Actress Amy Kelly exclusively reveals what it's been like joining the famous cobbles, and what we can expect from her feisty character.

"Filming for Coronation Street is the most amazing experience; from day one everyone made me feel so welcome. Brooke Vincent (Sophie) and Sally Dynevor (Sally) have really taken me under their wing, as I’m in most of my scenes with them. We have such a laugh working together."
http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_Ae-TnGEtB_35GsQzcdoodhh3yO9bBcNk6DXYxrP4W_E.jpg
Amy Kelly as Maddie
Amy will debut as Maddie on Christmas Day
After a string of failed relationships, unlucky-in-love Sophie is drawn to Maddie's tough exterior - much to her mum Sally's dismay.
"Sophie desperately tries to soften Maddie and just when you think it’s working, Maddie does something else and they’re back to square one – they’re like chalk and cheese and that makes for a very interesting relationship – whether it’s a romantic one or just as friends," said Amy.

Maddie comes from a dysfunctional family, she's a complex character who doesn't let people get too close.

"I love playing Maddie because of how hard you have to try to get your head around her; there’s just no figuring her out and I think maybe that’s why Sophie is so drawn to her – she wants to be the one to work her out. Maddie is impressed with Sophie’s determination, but she keeps her on her toes!"
Brooke Vincent and Amy Kelly
Brooke and Amy film the Christmas Day episode
Amy impressed the Coronation Street casting agents in her audition, despite it being her first ever screen test.

She said: "My audition was on Friday 13th, so I guess it’s not so unlucky after all! I got the scripts and all along I said I’ll be happy if I just get as far as a screen test. Then once I found out that I had a screen test, I started thinking: ‘You know what… This is possible… I could actually do this…’"

"When I got the call saying I’d been offered the part (I was on the bus home from college when my phone rang so I had to contain my reaction) I honestly could not believe it. Neither could my mum!"
http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_CSOrV-2B_0JwYmTcubwTUHMCtGY37kukW_40ddNDvuk.jpg
Amy Kelly - Maddie- Sally - Sophie
It isn't long before Maddie causes mischief...
On Christmas Day, Maddie causes a commotion when she clashes with Sally.

"Before we filmed the scene, this huge trifle with sprinkles arrived in front of us and we all looked at it, then at each other, and just burst out laughing!"
Sally Webster - Sally Dynevor - Coronation Street - ITV
My favourite thing so far, purely because of how funny it was, was dunking Sally’s face in the trifle… Sorry Sal!
– Amy Kelly, who plays Maddie
"I'm nervous and excited to see my first episode. I always cringe when I watch things back but I'm excited to see it all put together for the first time (even if I will watch the first few scenes through my fingers!)"

"With it being Christmas Day, there are going to be so many family members crowded round the telly to watch my first episode - So no pressure!"

"My mum got a text from one of the family saying: 'Tell Amy we are definitely NOT having trifle on Christmas Day!'"

tammyy2j
26-12-2013, 23:14
She reminded me of Becky

swmc66
27-12-2013, 17:30
Another horrible dysfunctional character

alan45
11-01-2014, 00:54
Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped show newcomer Maddie Heath as one to watch this year.

Maddie, played by Amy Kelly, made her first on-screen appearance on Christmas Day as a new love interest for Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent).

Sophie calls into the soup kitchen where Maddie the homeless girl admits stealing Sally's handbag.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/50/618x438/soaps-corrie-8387-1.jpg
© ITV
Maddie with Sophie

Speaking at a Coronation Street press event today (January 10), Blackburn revealed that the new recruit is already reminding the show's team of Katherine Kelly, who played fan favourite Becky McDonald.

He explained: "We saw Sophie meet Maddie on Christmas Day, and she is incredible. Everyone from the team who's seen her has been saying, 'Kate Kelly, Kate Kelly!' There's something about her instincts. Amy hasn't done anything else before this, but she's phenomenal.

"There's a long journey for Sophie and Maddie. I've always loved Brooke who plays Sophie, but she's just risen. This is a partnership that works and I'm absolutely loving it."

When Michael Le Vell's character Kevin Webster returns later in the year, it's just as tensions are running high at home over Sophie's relationship with Maddie.

Blackburn continued: "Sophie's relationship with Maddie is something that terrifies Sally, but with good reason. Maddie has been brought up in a chaotic world, she is terrified of commitment and could be a bad thing for Sophie. Kevin walks into all of that and has to referee it.

"When he left for Germany, Kevin was also in a place where he knew he loved Sally and thought perhaps there was a chance for them. While he's been away in Germany, time has stood still for him - but Sally now has Tim there. I'm loving Sally and Tim at the moment, but I don't think Kevin will. I don't think Kevin's going to be impressed at all."

Blackburn also discussed plans for some of Weatherfield's other newcomers. Fans know that Steph Britton (Tisha Merry) has been made a show regular, while actor Dean Fagan has been cast as her brother Luke, who will soon start working with Tyrone Dobbs at the garage.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/48/618x785/showbiz-dean-fagan.jpg

Dean Fagan
© IMDB/Dean Fagan

"We're going to build up Steph," he explained. "She's working at the Bistro and she lights up the screen every time. Her brother Luke is young and very, very driven.

"He's made some choices in the past - think of a young kid growing up in Moss Side and all of the attendant issues that are dealt with there. He's turned his back on that. He's absolutely determined, very overprotective of Steph and very successful with the ladies."

Show chiefs will also be looking to introduce a new hunk to the cobbles at some point this year.

Blackburn said: "We've got a long-term conference coming up. [We want] somebody mid-to-late 30s with the swagger of Liam Gallagher! I think we'll be giving it a go."

alan45
11-01-2014, 00:54
Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped show newcomer Maddie Heath as one to watch this year.

Maddie, played by Amy Kelly, made her first on-screen appearance on Christmas Day as a new love interest for Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent).

Sophie calls into the soup kitchen where Maddie the homeless girl admits stealing Sally's handbag.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/50/618x438/soaps-corrie-8387-1.jpg
© ITV
Maddie with Sophie

Speaking at a Coronation Street press event today (January 10), Blackburn revealed that the new recruit is already reminding the show's team of Katherine Kelly, who played fan favourite Becky McDonald.

He explained: "We saw Sophie meet Maddie on Christmas Day, and she is incredible. Everyone from the team who's seen her has been saying, 'Kate Kelly, Kate Kelly!' There's something about her instincts. Amy hasn't done anything else before this, but she's phenomenal.

"There's a long journey for Sophie and Maddie. I've always loved Brooke who plays Sophie, but she's just risen. This is a partnership that works and I'm absolutely loving it."

When Michael Le Vell's character Kevin Webster returns later in the year, it's just as tensions are running high at home over Sophie's relationship with Maddie.

Blackburn continued: "Sophie's relationship with Maddie is something that terrifies Sally, but with good reason. Maddie has been brought up in a chaotic world, she is terrified of commitment and could be a bad thing for Sophie. Kevin walks into all of that and has to referee it.

"When he left for Germany, Kevin was also in a place where he knew he loved Sally and thought perhaps there was a chance for them. While he's been away in Germany, time has stood still for him - but Sally now has Tim there. I'm loving Sally and Tim at the moment, but I don't think Kevin will. I don't think Kevin's going to be impressed at all."

Blackburn also discussed plans for some of Weatherfield's other newcomers. Fans know that Steph Britton (Tisha Merry) has been made a show regular, while actor Dean Fagan has been cast as her brother Luke, who will soon start working with Tyrone Dobbs at the garage.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/48/618x785/showbiz-dean-fagan.jpg

Dean Fagan
© IMDB/Dean Fagan

"We're going to build up Steph," he explained. "She's working at the Bistro and she lights up the screen every time. Her brother Luke is young and very, very driven.

"He's made some choices in the past - think of a young kid growing up in Moss Side and all of the attendant issues that are dealt with there. He's turned his back on that. He's absolutely determined, very overprotective of Steph and very successful with the ladies."

Show chiefs will also be looking to introduce a new hunk to the cobbles at some point this year.

Blackburn said: "We've got a long-term conference coming up. [We want] somebody mid-to-late 30s with the swagger of Liam Gallagher! I think we'll be giving it a go."

Perdita
26-04-2014, 12:37
Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped newcomer Amy Kelly for a long-term future with the soap.

Kelly joined the ITV show at the end of last year, landing the role of Sophie Webster's troublemaking girlfriend Maddie Heath.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/13/618x454/soaps-corrie-8362-5.jpg
Maddie and Sophie find themselves on the streets
© ITV
Sophie and Maddie

Speaking to The Sun's TV Magazine about the actress's future, Blackburn explained: "Amy Kelly as Maddie Heath is a keeper. But it's important our writers don't confuse her with Katherine Kelly's Becky McDonald. The instinct with a character like Becky is: 'Where are we going to find the next her?' But you'd end up doing shadows of former characters.

"The joy with Amy is that she has no idea how good she is. Short of [a] writer bringing in another story that I haven't expected, or Amy wanting to go, the character of Maddie will be here as long as I'm here."

Blackburn also promised a continued focus on Roy Cropper following the death of his wife Hayley.

Roy strugglehttp://i1.cdnds.net/14/03/618x473/soaps-corrie-8311-2.jpgs to keep it all together feeling completely at sea, can he bring himself to attend hayley's funeral?
© ITV
Roy Cropper

"We are now building a new friendship for Roy, but as long as I'm producer, he will not have a romance with anyone," he said. "If that's the only story we can give Roy, we're a bit crap at our job."

Offering other teasers for the future, Blackburn added: "Gary hits the lowest place possible, Roy is pushed into actions he never imagined, and in the wake of Tina's death, Ken returns."

Coronation Street airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays on ITV.

Dazzle
26-04-2014, 16:12
Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped newcomer Amy Kelly for a long-term future with the soap.

Kelly joined the ITV show at the end of last year, landing the role of Sophie Webster's troublemaking girlfriend Maddie Heath.

I'm not happy about this at all :thumbsdow

I've got nothing against Amy Kelly, but Sophie and Maddie are painful to watch! I wish they'd both leave together permanently.

I don't usually read spoilers, but I couldn't resist just reading the first couple of lines of this post to see whether Maddie was leaving Corrie and taking Sophie with her :o

Perdita
26-04-2014, 17:57
Maybe one of them or even both will grown on you .....

Dazzle
26-04-2014, 18:10

Maddie might just grow on me because she's played by the better actor of the two. I find it such a shame that her vulnerable situation has been used to make her as unsympathetic as possible, when the opposite should be true. I'm very sympathetic to people in similar plights in real life, but Maddie has no warmth or hidden vulnerability about her to make me like her. It's perfectly possible to write and act a character who's hard on the outside but shows glimpses of a softer side under the defensive facade. She just seems out for herself and ungrateful for any help (although I can certainly understand her dislike of the judgemental Sally).

If the writing improves for Maddie, she may just become a likeable character though - as Becky once did. The latter was scheming and heartless when first introduced but became a favourite character of mine.

I think I've had enough time for Sophie to grow on me though. That isn't likely to happen now :angry:

owenlee4me
27-04-2014, 11:17
OH no i'm so fed up of these stroppy Corrie members, and to find out Maddie is a keeper, could it get any worse?? how many of you out there are thinking like me, oh i get it, Becky number two come on in, seems they like to have naughty girls, years ago it was Rita's "foster" child, then Fiz then Becky now this one, always got to have a troublesome child, so have we now got to wait for Amy, LIam, Hope to grow up and take their turn (oh yea forgot bout Tracy and Sophie) so glad i don't live in Corra, i would be moving pronto

lizann
27-04-2014, 21:29
awful character

swmc66
28-04-2014, 23:15
Poor table manners . Annoying....I also find Tina 's way of eating and talking annoying too...and the toothpick she always puts in her mouth.

owenlee4me
29-04-2014, 11:15
are you referring to Eastenders?

swmc66
29-04-2014, 14:35
Coronation street as I do not watch any other soap

owenlee4me
29-04-2014, 19:15
Blimey I clean forgot bout Tina, just shows how much a miss she will be!!

tammyy2j
29-04-2014, 23:23

Maddie could if kept away from Sophie

Perdita
30-04-2014, 10:48
Coronation Street star Amy Kelly has said that there are "heartbreaking" scenes ahead involving her character Maddie and brother Ben.

The actress joined the ITV show at the end of last year, landing the role of Sophie Webster's girlfriend Maddie Heath.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/16/618x402/soaps-corrie-8377-1.jpg
Sophie is concerned when she finds Maddie with Ben
© ITV
Maddie, Ben and Sophie

Maddie will be left devastated in tonight's episode of the soap when the social worker tells her that Ben is moving to Devon with his foster parents.

Speaking toThe Sun, Kelly said: "He's the only family Maddie cares about. If he moves to Devon she has no idea when she will see him again.

"There's a heartbreaking moment where Ben tells Maddie he does want to go to Devon with his foster parents, so she has to let him go. I was shaking and in tears as I filmed it."

Kelly also revealed that she is enjoying her time on Coronation Street and has started to get recognised by the public.

She said: "The most frequent questions I'm asked are, 'Are you really a lesbian?' 'Is Brooke really a lesbian?' 'Have you met Michelle Keegan?' and 'Can I have Michelle's phone number?' The answers are 'no', 'no', 'yes' and 'no'!

"I love playing Maddie. She's fun and so unpredictable. I appreciate this job so much. I love it."

lizann
02-05-2014, 22:29
sophie was way ott over the brother she is a total nutter for maddie now

mariba
03-05-2014, 14:05
I'm not happy about this at all :thumbsdow

I've got nothing against Amy Kelly, but Sophie and Maddie are painful to watch! I wish they'd both leave together permanently.

I don't usually read spoilers, but I couldn't resist just reading the first couple of lines of this post to see whether Maddie was leaving Corrie and taking Sophie with her :o

I actually quite like this storyline with Maddie-and have always liked Sophie too..so it's all ok for me :)

mariba
03-05-2014, 14:08
Poor table manners . Annoying....I also find Tina 's way of eating and talking annoying too...and the toothpick she always puts in her mouth.

Maybe her mom has been too busy using drugs to teach her children any table manners! Not everyone has an easy life, and I think it's good there's different types on the street too. Becky was great, and it's nice to have similar character on the street.

Dazzle
03-05-2014, 18:48
Maybe her mom has been too busy using drugs to teach her children any table manners! Not everyone has an easy life, and I think it's good there's different types on the street too. Becky was great, and it's nice to have similar character on the street.

I agree with not everyone having an easy life, and have nothing against Maddie for her circumstances - indeed, they predispose me to like her and excuse her bad behaviour. The problem is that the writing and acting makes her totally unlikeable and unsympathetic.

Becky was a bad 'un when she first appeared on the street (worse than Maddie, in fact), but Katherine Kelly is a very good actress and had screen presence, and there was always something likeable about Becky deep down. I'm afraid the same doesn't apply to Maddie in my opinion. It doesn't help that she shares nearly all her scenes with one of the worst actresses on Corrie.

tammyy2j
03-05-2014, 23:58
If Maddie was introduced slowly and not as a love interest for Sophie, she would be a better character, as her scenes with Sally and Tim are not bad imo

Perdita
04-05-2014, 04:42
The made the same mistake as they did with introducing Stella ... hope they don't keep doing this to new characters ....

tammyy2j
16-09-2014, 00:05
Life seems to be looking up for Coronation Street's Maddie Heath next week when she becomes a huge hit at Underworld.

Maddie is put to work in the factory's packing department as a punishment for recently stealing Carla Barlow's car, but when she impresses everyone with her efficiency, she is offered a permanent position.

Here, Amy Kelly - who plays Maddie - chats about this possible turning point for her feisty character.

When Maddie starts at the factory, it's not long before she impresses her co-workers with her efficiency. Does she enjoy working there?
"I think what Maddie enjoys is that people start to recognise her hard-working streak. Everyone presumes she's a good-for-nothing, volatile teenager, when in reality she's used to being a responsible adult and bringing up her brother. It's her defensive, mistrusting nature that lets her down.

"I think Maddie enjoys working at the factory because, ultimately, she's proving a lot of people's initial assumptions about her wrong. I think Carla has a soft spot for Maddie because she sees the same feistiness that she has. Carla is also about the only person who is not afraid to put Maddie in her place, and Maddie has a lot of respect for Carla for that reason."

With Maddie's latest storylines, it's clear she does have a heart and does care for people. Why does she still put up a harsher façade some of the time?
"I think the reason Maddie still has trust issues and still has her guard up is because she's expecting something to go wrong. She thinks it's too good to be true - she has a girlfriend that supports her and has put up with her difficult personality, she's been welcomed into someone's home, she now has two jobs and is starting to make acquaintances.

"Maddie has never had even a fraction of what she has now and I think the sheer speed that everything has happened at is a lot for her to deal with - she's gone from nothing to... Well, certainly 'something' anyway!"

How would you describe Maddie's relationship with Sally these days?
"I think there's always going to be some friction between the two characters because of how things started between them. Dunking your mother-in-law in a trifle within the first five minutes of meeting her is never a good first impression!

"I think the new friction between Maddie and Sally comes from Maddie's growing popularity within the factory. It's strange to think considering, but maybe Sally is actually a little jealous of Maddie! Although, of course, she would never lower herself enough to admit it!"

Is Maddie worried when she hears that Kevin is returning to Weatherfield again?
"I think this time, she's not so worried. The first time, there was the classic pressure of meeting your girlfriend's dad, which is never an easy thing. This time, because Kevin has given her a chance and welcomed her into his home and given her a job, Maddie feels more at ease with him.

"Maybe Maddie is a little nervous because she still feels like she has a lot to prove, but Kevin was one of the first people, after Sophie, to actually see something in her worth putting faith in."

How do you feel about approaching your one-year anniversary on the show?
"I can't believe it's been a year - it's gone so fast! I can't even begin to explain how much I feel I've grown as a person while working at Coronation Street. I've learned so, so much and I still love it just as much as when I first started!"

Do you feel Maddie has changed since she first arrived on the Street?
"Oh goodness, yes! I think her life has changed so, so much and that has forced her to adapt as a person - it's been a reality check for her, I think."

What sort of reaction do you get from people when you're out and about?
"A lot of people just whisper as I go past, but every now and then you do get people who stop and ask for a picture. As it's my first professional acting job it's been a lot to get used to, but I do feel miles more relaxed now and it's nice that people do feel they can approach me because, after all, I'm just a normal person at the end of the day!"

Who are your friends on the show?
"I love Brooke to bits. She's looked after me from day one and we share a lot of inside jokes which is always a laugh on set. I get on really well with Georgia too - I think we're really similar as people so that's nice."

Would you like Maddie to mellow a bit, or do you think she should keep her feisty side?
"I think it's important she keeps her feisty side to a certain extent because that's just who she is. It works for Carla and that's because it's all about how you use it - you can be feisty and respected and have a lot of friends without people automatically thinking you're a bad guy.

"I think it would be a real shame if Maddie completely chilled out because her unpredictable nature is what makes her a joy to play and fun to watch."

How would you say Maddie and Sophie's relationship has developed over the past year?
"A lot has happened for them as a couple and it's been a real test. Sophie had so many opportunities to just walk away through alienation, but she stuck by Maddie and that's been a massive step for Maddie because she never had the support from her own mum, let alone a partner.

"Their relationship is a very complex one, and one that a lot of people don't understand, but for whatever bizarre reason it is, they just work so well together."

Maddie and Tim seem to have a nice connection. Why do you think Maddie gets on with him better than some other people?
"I think Maddie and Tim have a lot of things in common. A lot of people doubt them and they've both, at certain points in their lives, had absolutely nothing. Maybe Tim feels like he can look after Maddie because he sees similarities between them both, and Maddie hasn't been as hostile with Tim because she can trust him not to make her feel small."

Maddie's had storylines with Simon and Eccles recently. How have you found that?
"Alex [who plays Simon] is such a lively young lad and there were so many times me and Brooke tried to calm him down before filming - he's just so full of energy, as kids obviously are. The storyline was really great because it's the first time, since we saw her with her brother Ben, that the viewers get to see Maddie's soft caring side."

You juggled working at Corrie with doing your A Levels. How did you find that?
"It was a real challenge! There was lot of blood, sweat and tears! February was definitely the hardest time because the first unit of my art and photography coursework had to be handed in for marking, and I had to learn a monologue and write a play for my theatre studies course. At the same time, we were filming the massive storyline where Maddie and Sophie were homeless in Manchester.

"Everyone at work was so great with it - they wrote me out for the whole of April so I could do my exams, and in the story I went to stay with Ben in Devon. I also used to bring boxes of art stuff to my dressing room so I could work in between scenes! I remember I kept getting colds because I was so tired, but honestly if I could go back, I wouldn't change it.

"I know it sounds cheesy, but the challenge of coping with both has helped me grow up so much as a person and the sense of achievement I've now been left with is huge - I got three Bs! None of the staff at my sixth form doubted me, which was such a brilliant feeling. Obviously it was my mum who saw me at my worst and had to scrape me up off the floor when I was collapsing saying I couldn't do it anymore! She kept convincing me that, yes, I could, and I'm so glad I listened to her."

Perdita
09-02-2015, 08:51
Coronation Street star Amy Kelly has quit the show after a year in the role of Maddie Heath.

The actress chose not to renew her current deal with the ITV soap, but will remain part of the cast until the summer.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/37/618x554/soaps-coronation-street-amy-kelly-maddie-heath.jpg
Amy Kelly as Maddie Heath in Coronation Street
© ITV
Amy Kelly as Maddie Heath

Announcing her choice to bow out, Kelly commented: "I made the decision to leave because I'm young and adventurous and I want to gain more experience and explore and improve my craft. Acting is my passion and I'm excited to see where it takes me.

"I've had the most amazing 18 months and I'll be sad to leave my Corrie family. It's been like a second home, but like all young people, you eventually fly the nest. I can't thank everyone enough who made this, not only possible, but fantastic."

Maddie arrived on screen in December 2013 as a new love interest for Sophie Webster. Although her early storylines revolved around her troubled background and bad behaviour, viewers have also seen a softer side to the feisty character in recent months.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/03/618x425/soaps-corrie-8566-4.jpg
Sophie and Maddie sit back and watch their prank work
© ITV
Maddie with girlfriend Sophie in Coronation Street

Maddie also had a major role to play in Coronation Street's recent mini-bus crash storyline, helping to save Sophie's mum Sally by pulling her out of the vehicle before it dropped over a cliff.

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Amy is a talented young actress and we wish her every success for the future. We are currently working on an exit storyline for Maddie which will have repercussions for Sophie and other Weatherfield residents."

mariba
09-02-2015, 09:20
Sad to see her go..:( Corrie is losing all the characters soon..

maidmarian
09-02-2015, 09:52

Couldnt stand her at first-but was probably
because of Sophie-blight. Only Sally seems
to rise above it.
So I ve not seen much of her but caught
a couple of scenes last week and thought
how much better she is with other characters.
The actress who played Sian has done
quite well since she left-so I hope Amy does
too.

maidmarian
09-02-2015, 09:52
dupl

sarah c
09-02-2015, 11:31
oh god!! do we now need to introduce another 'love interest' for Sophie!!!

owenlee4me
09-02-2015, 12:32
Hurrah can't say i'm sorry she's going, she's so awful, can't see what Sophs see's in her!!!
as for a love interest, bet she finds one on the "street" coz they never go that far to find anything!!!!

sarah c
09-02-2015, 12:42
Hurrah can't say i'm sorry she's going, she's so awful, can't see what Sophs see's in her!!!
as for a love interest, bet she finds one on the "street" coz they never go that far to find anything!!!!

hmm yes - Amber, Sian, Jenna and then she did have to walk to the homeless shelter to find maddie...?

maybe she will go as far as the Red Rec this time for her next 'love'?

tammyy2j
09-02-2015, 13:22

I liked her scenes with Tim, Sally and Simon, she was coming in to her own character wise, shame she is leaving so soon

tammyy2j
09-02-2015, 16:48
oh god!! do we now need to introduce another 'love interest' for Sophie!!!

Better to get rid of Sophie for a bit

lizann
09-02-2015, 21:51
damn you norris

owenlee4me
09-02-2015, 22:20
Aye Amber was on the street, Jenna's dad was on the street, cant' remember where she met Sian? and as for Maddie, where actually was the HOmeless centre, next street?
Maybe next time Sophie will meet on line her next love interest, maybe a bit more of a story? :clap::wub:
Coz lets be honest, watching Maddie and sophie shouting Maddddddddd deeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy was as exciting as watching paint dry :(

mandi29
09-02-2015, 23:52
im really sad that Amy has decided to leave the show,,, she made the decision at the end of last year and spoke to the bosses re her wanting to explore other things in her field..... so they are looking at a way to give her an exit but will not be killing her off.... im really sad about this as i thought she was great in the show and it would have been so good to have a long running gay story line where they set up home together and even have the troubles of children........

Dazzle
10-02-2015, 00:11
Better to rid of Sophie for a bit

I agree. Let Sophie and Maddie leave together.

owenlee4me
10-02-2015, 11:16
But Maddie was a bit wooden? so if she wants to leave to explore things, then there is no point in just making her stay, (but you can't anyway) so lets find someone new and different, the same storylines can be achieved with another "gaygal" not only Maddie. Someone who can maybe have a natural maternal link and would like to go down the avenue of having children.
I know of a couple who went through this, even going to Denmark to find a donor so one girl could get pregnant, as it is more accepting in Denmark.
There are so many new topics that can be explored, with Maddie it was a bit mundane, sorry ladies

owenlee4me
10-02-2015, 11:16
But Maddie was a bit wooden? so if she wants to leave to explore things, then there is no point in just making her stay, (but you can't anyway) so lets find someone new and different, the same storylines can be achieved with another "gaygal" not only Maddie. Someone who can maybe have a natural maternal link and would like to go down the avenue of having children.
I know of a couple who went through this, even going to Denmark to find a donor so one girl could get pregnant, as it is more accepting in Denmark.
There are so many new topics that can be explored, with Maddie it was a bit mundane, sorry ladies

sarah c
10-02-2015, 11:46

I actually thought maddie as a character became less wooden and showed Sophie up to be the stale one?

owenlee4me
10-02-2015, 11:54
I meant that Amy as an actress was Wooden, not the character, her face seemed set in just one expression. Least Sophie can get angry and show emotion, sorry folks, just glad she's going, no matter how many of you think Maddie and sophie should stay on, think Maddie would need to be able to laugh, cry try different facial expressions for her to come alive. Lets hope they don't try a EEnder storyline, where she gets murdered and keeps it dragging on for months for the killer to show up, we all know how soaps copy each other, and don't think corra has had this one yet????

sarah c
10-02-2015, 11:58
I meant that Amy as an actress was Wooden, not the character, her face seemed set in just one expression. Least Sophie can get angry and show emotion, sorry folks, just glad she's going, no matter how many of you think Maddie and sophie should stay on, think Maddie would need to be able to laugh, cry try different facial expressions for her to come alive. Lets hope they don't try a EEnder storyline, where she gets murdered and keeps it dragging on for months for the killer to show up, we all know how soaps copy each other, and don't think corra has had this one yet????

I dont know - who killed Tina dragged on a bit fo rme?

owenlee4me
10-02-2015, 12:25
OH i forgot about her, ah well, maybe not ha ha

TaintedLove
11-02-2015, 22:03
Great...we got scenes of Sophies endless screeching to look forward to.

No doubt Maddies leaving story will be her leaving to live with her brother in Devon or wherever he is.
:(

swmc66
12-02-2015, 06:16
Your probably right is the easiest option and i think the scriptwriters will want an easier life as they have to write out Julie,Katy and Deirdre. Or it could be a love triangle.

owenlee4me
12-02-2015, 11:40
Ah is Julie leaving? I Like JUlie, is it for definate? I won't miss Katie or Deirdre for that matter, quite a lot of women seem to be leaving?

mariba
12-02-2015, 11:49
I've always liked Maddie-she's great! :) And Julie too, sad to see her go. I won't miss Katie though..I wish Izzy would go..or Anna.
I just don't understand how someone wouldn't miss Deirdre?? She&Ken are(were) Corrie..hard to get over the loss. And even harder for us viewers who didn't know Anne Kirkbride, but felt we knew Deirdre Barlow. So sad..tissues ready when that time comes that they actually have to write her off. I really hope Bill Roache won't leave as well-must be hard to continue without Anne. :(

mariba
12-02-2015, 11:49
I've always liked Maddie-she's great! :) And Julie too, sad to see both of them go. I won't miss Katie though..I wish Izzy would go..or Anna.
I just don't understand how someone wouldn't miss Deirdre?? She&Ken are(were) Corrie..hard to get over the loss. And even harder for us viewers who didn't know Anne Kirkbride, but felt we knew Deirdre Barlow. So sad..tissues ready when that time comes that they actually have to write her off. I really hope Bill Roache won't leave as well-must be hard to continue without Anne. :(

Perdita
12-02-2015, 13:27
Ah is Julie leaving? I Like JUlie, is it for definate? I won't miss Katie or Deirdre for that matter, quite a lot of women seem to be leaving?

Yes, Julie is leaving, definitely. But I believe she will be written out in such a way that she could return one day .. hopefully she does :D

Perdita
12-02-2015, 13:27

Yes, Julie is leaving, definitely. But I believe she will be written out in such a way that she could return one day .. hopefully she does :D

Kissinger
12-02-2015, 18:28
WEll, Deirdre couldn't act for toffee, :wall: it's a wonder the viens in her neck did'nt snap with the way she stretched her neck!
and her crying, it was so false, the character of Deirdre was ok, maybe it was the actress (sorry Anne not meaning to be unkind) playing the part?
Why don't ythey do what they do with the kids, bring in another actress to play the part of Deidre, if she is so good to be in the street, it'a an Answer, after all, how many Tracys has their been, and no doubt others that have been reinvented!
What is great about Maddie??? fraid i'm lost therev :thumbsdow

Dazzle
12-02-2015, 18:56
:thumbsdow

What an unpleasant post (and yes, I'd say the same if Anne Kirkbride was still alive).

We all criticise different styles of acting according to our own tastes but I think personal insults are unnecessary (and since Anne's dead what exactly is the point in being unkind about her?).

Anne played Deirdre for over 40 years I believe. Recasting in her case would be a whole lot different to a child who's barely seen or heard. No true long-term fan would accept a different actor playing Deirdre. It's unthinkable. :wall:

Perdita
12-02-2015, 19:02
Totally agree, Dazzle, to replace Anne would be an insult to her memory !!!

swmc66
12-02-2015, 21:50
I remember it was the Deirdre and Ray storyline that got me interested in coronation street in the first place. She has had some amazing storylines such as the Ken / Mike and the free Deirdre stuff. You may have not seen her then. Over the recent years she has'nt had great storylines ... Too much focus on Tracy, but recently they reinvented Deirdre and i liked that a lot. She had good comic timing and brought a touch of humour back into Corrie. See some old episodes you will know why she is dear to our hearts

tammyy2j
13-02-2015, 17:10
Deirdre's affair with Mike was the biggest storyline ever for Corrie with record viewers no way could anyone but Anne (RIP) play Deirdre

Kissinger
14-02-2015, 18:39
The affair with Mike may have been good for viewing, but how many poeple went through some similar like that in real life, and maybe would not have thought Anne was so wonderful.
some of the comments will not suit everyone, but surely we are allowed to say what we think with moderation, least I chose not to be offensive to her whilst she was alive, and she could not be hurt by the comments, if they were not kind or flatter her ego!
I know someone who sent her a very kind letter when she had the lump from her neck removed, a very long term fan and she did not have the decency to reply, so maybe she was not deserving of ALL her fans??

I am not alone in my thoughts about her acting, plenty agree! I just dont sit on the fence and pontificate and chastise someone who is not a creep
As for a true long term fan not wanting any one else to portray her, their are plenty of budding actressess who deserve a chance and very often, fans have to endure what it given to them, whether they like it or not.

Kissinger
14-02-2015, 18:39
The affair with Mike may have been good for viewing, but how many poeple went through some similar like that in real life, and maybe would not have thought Anne was so wonderful.
some of the comments will not suit everyone, but surely we are allowed to say what we think with moderation, least I chose not to be offensive to her whilst she was alive, and she could not be hurt by the comments, if they were not kind or flatter her ego!
I know someone who sent her a very kind letter when she had the lump from her neck removed, a very long term fan and she did not have the decency to reply, so maybe she was not deserving of ALL her fans??

I am not alone in my thoughts about her acting, plenty agree! I just dont sit on the fence and pontificate and chastise someone who is not a creep
As for a true long term fan not wanting any one else to portray her, their are plenty of budding actressess who deserve a chance and very often, fans have to endure what it given to them, whether they like it or not.

Kissinger
14-02-2015, 18:40
OH you do like to judge people for their views, why not stick to what this board is for, judging soaps and the characters etc.

LizzyBizzy
14-02-2015, 20:38
Kissinger, Anne not replying to someone who sent her a letter whilst she was undergoing cancer treatment isn't something I'd condemn her for, though each to their own opinion. I've had cancer. The treatment is as awful as you expect it to be and then worse. You face the fact that one day you'll die. We all know that, but cancer doesn't half focus the mind on mortality. You have to focus on yourself, not other people.

During my treatment, I had to be signed off work by my GP. Walking out the surgery one day, a woman held a door open for me. I didn't say thank you. The woman spoke sarcastically to her child about awful people who don't say thank you. I couldn't be bothered to respond, as I was suffering the after effects of chemotherapy at the time. I briefly thought though that if that's the worst thing that's happened to you, you should be thankful. The reason I didn't say thank you by the way was that I was in shock. There's a lot of shock/fear going round your head when having cancer treatment. What made this particular occasion worse, was my GP told me about his wife, who'd died of the same cancer I was being treated for.

LizzyBizzy
14-02-2015, 20:38
Kissinger, Anne not replying to someone who sent her a letter whilst she was undergoing cancer treatment isn't something I'd condemn her for, though each to their own opinion. I've had cancer. The treatment is as awful as you expect it to be and then worse. You face the fact that one day you'll die. We all know that, but cancer doesn't half focus the mind on mortality. You have to focus on yourself, not other people.

During my treatment, I had to be signed off work by my GP. Walking out the surgery one day, a woman held a door open for me. I didn't say thank you. The woman spoke sarcastically to her child about awful people who don't say thank you. I couldn't be bothered to respond, as I was suffering the after effects of chemotherapy at the time. I briefly thought though that if that's the worst thing that's happened to you, you should be thankful. The reason I didn't say thank you by the way was that I was in shock. There's a lot of shock/fear going round your head when having cancer treatment. What made this particular occasion worse, was my GP told me about his wife, who'd died of the same cancer I was being treated for.

Perdita
14-02-2015, 20:48
Thank you Lizzy,, your post has been very helpful to me and hopefully others ...

Kissinger
14-02-2015, 21:03
LIzzy Bizzy------I too have had cancer, and every note, telephone call i recieved, i replied to, no not straight away but when I was slowly recovering, i wanted to let these people know how their thoughts encouraged me. I guess as you say each to their own, mine was to thank those who took the time and trouble to think of me. I know all about thoughts in your head, whilst enduring pain beyond belief, so please try to understand my hurt!

Whilst Ann may have been in the public eye and had perhaps a fair bit of mail to deal with, it was because I had the same as her, and I was told i had weeks to live, (and of course here i still am!!)
was why I wrote and told her to be strong, not to give up hope, not an average fan i would have thought, and maybe even a family member could have stepped in and at least acknowleged my letter?

I'm sorry your doctor was foolish enough to tell you about his wife, not the most encouraging news, but the lady who held the door for you, was being kind, something you should have been polite enought to acknowlege, sorry but Cancer is not an excuse for rudeness, no matter how ill you are. Yes i've been there (twice) which is possibly why I can't not help but feel things a bit more.

But why is it the minute you dont' agree with something, everyone gets on the soapbox (sorry no pun intended) I've only just joined, but not so sure I will stay, if this is what you recieve for your contribution :angry:

Kissinger
14-02-2015, 21:03
LIzzy Bizzy------I too have had cancer, and every note, telephone call i recieved, i replied to, no not straight away but when I was slowly recovering, i wanted to let these people know how their thoughts encouraged me. I guess as you say each to their own, mine was to thank those who took the time and trouble to think of me.

Whilst Ann may have been in the public eye and had perhaps a fair bit of mail to deal with, it was because I had the same as her, and that I was told i had weeks to live, and of course here i still am!!
was why I wrote and told her to be strong, not to give up hope, not an average fan, i would have thought, and maybe even a family member could have stepped in.

I'm sorry your doctor was foolish enoughtto tell you about his wife, not the most encouraging news, but the lady who held the door for you, was being kind, something you should have been polite enought to acknowlege, sorry but Cancer is not an excuse for rudeness, no matter how ill you are. Yes i've been there (twice) which is possibly why I can't not feel things a bit more.

Kissinger
14-02-2015, 21:09
sadly not very helpful to me, I am feeling hurt and got at!

LizzyBizzy
14-02-2015, 21:22
Kissinger, I'm very sorry you've had cancer twice. We are all different however. I'm not being sarcastic but having cancer hasn't made me a better person. It's certainly changed my outlook on certain things though. I don't believe my doctor was foolish in telling me about his wife dying of cancer. He was being human. Which is something it's easy to forget about doctors, nurses. They have to deal with awful things in their own life too. I can't begin to imagine the emotional demands of being a GP/Consultant who may have to tell someone they're terminally ill.

It's to your credit you were able to reply to everyone who wished you well. Sadly some of us can't/didn't. I've chosen not to pack my bags for a guilt trip because I may have forgotten to thank someone. If you consider me to be rude, so be it. It's something I can live with. I should have said thank you to the lady who held the door open to me, I didn't. As you say, cancer isn't an excuse for rudeness. Through all the traumas of my treatment, some of which I won't mention because it's going into the realms of possible crudeness, hair loss, nail loss, weight gain, coping with friends dropping me like I had E-Bola, me being perceived as rude to someone is way down my list of things to worry about.

Believe it or not, I don't generally advocate giving advice on the internet, but as you feel got at, maybe it's a time for reflection.

LizzyBizzy
14-02-2015, 21:22
Kissinger, I'm very sorry you've had cancer twice. We are all different however. I'm not being sarcastic but having cancer hasn't made me a better person. It's certainly changed my outlook on certain things though. I don't believe my doctor was foolish in telling me about his wife dying of cancer. He was being human. Which is something it's easy to forget about doctors, nurses. They have to deal with awful things in their own life too. I can't begin to imagine the emotional demands of being a GP/Consultant who may have to tell someone they're terminally ill.

It's to your credit you were able to reply to everyone who wished you well. Sadly some of us can't/didn't. I've chosen not to pack my bags for a guilt trip because I may have forgotten to thank someone. If you consider me to be rude, so be it. It's something I can live with. I should have said thank you to the lady who held the door open to me, I didn't. As you say, cancer isn't an excuse for rudeness. Through all the traumas of my treatment, some of which I won't mention because it's going into the realms of possible crudeness, hair loss, nail loss, weight gain, coping with friends dropping me like I had E-Bola, me being perceived as rude to someone is way down my list of things to worry about.

Believe it or not, I don't generally advocate giving advice on the internet, but as you feel got at, maybe it's a time for reflection.

Dazzle
14-02-2015, 22:00
Thanks for telling us your story, LizzyBizzy. :)

...surely we are allowed to say what we think with moderation...

Just as we are allowed to challenge what you say.

OH you do like to judge people for their views, why not stick to what this board is for, judging soaps and the characters etc.

Just to be clear it was neither a judgement on a soap nor a character, but an unnecessary personal attack on Anne that I was commenting on.

...I wrote and told her to be strong, not to give up hope, not an average fan i would have thought, and maybe even a family member could have stepped in and at least acknowleged my letter?

I'm sure she would have appreciated your letter had she read it, but the fact is that it's unlikely she did. She would have received thousands of such letters and would never have had the time to read and answer them all.

Celebrities are under no moral obligation to read and reply to every fan letter, even if it's possible. They do have lives outside their work, which is especially important to those recovering from serious illness such as Anne was at the time.

lizann
14-02-2015, 22:33
back on track i will miss maddie

Dazzle
14-02-2015, 22:35
back on track i will miss maddie

I'm in two minds. Maddie's improved a hell of a lot since her character first appeared and I think she had definite potential to be a good character, but she wasn't there yet for me.

swmc66
14-02-2015, 22:44
a lot of them leave and there are not much opportunities out there. Even Michelle Keagan has'nt done much since leaving.

lizann
14-02-2015, 22:46
a lot of them leave and there are not much opportunities out there. Even Michelle Keagan has'nt done much since leaving.

tanning with mark

mariba
15-02-2015, 08:57
I just want to say one more thing regarding 'the letter'. I just don't get it..If you have a genuine concern about someone and then decide to post them a letter to wish them well, do you expect them then to reply to you? I don't, as it doesn't feel very genuine to me.
Cancer is an awful illness that no one wish to get. I can just imagine that all your strength is going to get yourself and your nearest and dearest through it all. I'm sure Anne has thanked everyone generally somewhere sometime afterwards for all the support she had received, and even if she didn't, maybe she just felt it was her private battle.

mariba
15-02-2015, 08:57
I just want to say one more thing regarding 'the letter'. I just don't get it..If you have a genuine concern about someone and then decide to post them a letter to wish them well, do you expect them then to reply to you? I don't, as it doesn't feel very genuine to me.
Cancer is an awful illness that no one wish to get. I can just imagine that all your strength is going to get yourself and your nearest and dearest through it all. I'm sure Anne has thanked everyone generally somewhere sometime afterwards for all the support she had received, and even if she didn't, maybe she just felt it was her private battle.

LizzyBizzy
15-02-2015, 10:07
Kissinger, I've noticed today that originally 'you knew someone' who wrote to Anne, in a later post you said you wrote to her. I just can't get worked up about a someone in the public eye, undergoing probably one of the biggest battles of their life, not responding to an unsolicited but well meaning letter. Believe me, I'm not picking on you, I actually enjoy a good debate. If someone disagrees with my posts so be it is my response. If you only want people to agree with you, in my view, you need to look at yourself. It's possible you won't read this anyway as you've indicated you don't find this site friendly. I think it's a very good site and appreciate the opportunity to read various viewpoints on storylines, actors etc.

maidmarian
15-02-2015, 10:19
thankyou for pointing out that anomaly.
there are others and also a big difference
in tone. The original one about
Anne and the one crticising ??Dazzle for
disagreeing are very hectoring and the ones
about having cancer are quite different.
That would usually be understandable
given how dreadful the disease is- but
put against the others??

maidmarian
15-02-2015, 10:19
thankyou for pointing out that anomaly.
there are others and also a big difference
in tone. The original one about
Anne and the one crticising ??Dazzle for
disagreeing are very hectoring and the ones
about having cancer are quite different.
That would usually be understandable
given how dreadful the disease is- but
put against the others??

swmc66
15-02-2015, 11:22
Maybe Maddoe will feel neglected by Sophie when she gets busy with Faye. The baby may also make her think of her brother.

Perdita
15-02-2015, 11:37
You might be right with that, swmc, I get the feeling her brother will play a part in her decision to leave Coronation Street ....

parkerman
15-02-2015, 13:14
I'll be sorry to see Maddie go. I think she has developed into a good character with plenty of humour. I love the way she winds Norris up. I much prefer her to Sophie!

Kissinger
15-02-2015, 15:21
All those who are judging me unfairly---------I just wanted others who may have been scared, to know you don't always die, i even became a counsellor for a short time, (until the treatment gave me some new problems.) to try and help.
seems i've been judged for having done so,
I hope that as we have been through "the mill" and we know how horrendous it is, that our uniqued different ways will inspire some folk.
I wish you well and hope you don't go through it again, once is enough.

Kissinger
15-02-2015, 15:24
Yes it was me, I did not want to say i had wrote to her, but thought maybe it would have made more sense, how I felt so hurt.
I am shocked at the site, seems a bit cliquey?

Kissinger
15-02-2015, 15:31
Mariba ---WEll I guess if you have not been so ill with Cancer you won't get it, I was wanting to be encouraging and I guess I felt she would understand my letter. I too would have liked a encouraging letter, when you think of how many famous people help sick and unfortunate people, surely it was not a case of being genuine, just "sharing" something,

You can never be in the public eye and not expect your private life to leak, if you want to be private then maybe you should reconsider your move in life. If no one had bothered to contact her, she would have then been worried about her fans!!!!

End of the day, she was not as sincere as i expected, she is gone now, and I will miss her Character, hence a role for someone to be given a opportunity in the street, bearing in mind a few female parts are going.

Kissinger
15-02-2015, 15:32
I thought Maddie was quite good last week, shame she starts to smile when she is leaving. Bet She was sick of her part, hence her wanting to move on, good luck to her.

Kissinger
15-02-2015, 15:35
Yawn

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 15:38
Blimey you lot are certainly gunning for KIssinger, what is it with you lot, always pontificating :wall::angry:

Katy
15-02-2015, 15:42
For someone whose first acting role I think she has done a good job...fair play to her wanting to explore other roles. It would be very easy to sit and get comfortable on something like Corrie and I admire her for wanting to try other things. She is a young actress at the very start of her career doing a variety of roles and characters will help her develop. Take Sacha Parkinson, she left Corrie and has had loads of work! Good Luck to Amy, I hope they give her a good send off.

She managed to take a role and a character that I could not stand t the start and whose screen time would more often than not wind me up to someone I actually enjoy seeing. The crash scenes and the scenes with Norris were all really good in my view and I love the way the character has built a relationship with Tim.

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 15:44
CAn I just say KIssinger, Welcome, it seems no one else has bothered!
And don't feel unwelcome, not every one is so bullying and opinated, hope you can get something out of the site and start to enjoy it :wub:
Try not to get sucked in to the morons who praise each other:rotfl:

parkerman
15-02-2015, 16:49
I find this happens on many forums I frequent. Someone posts something controversial and then a few people disagree with the post. The first poster then complains that these people are being nasty to him/her and s/he was only voicing an opinion. What I can never understand is why the first poster thinks only their opinion is valid and that no-one is allowed to disagree as that means they are being "nasty" and "ganging up". Why is that first poster allowed to express an opinion but not those who disagree? It must be something to do with the Internet.....

Perdita
15-02-2015, 16:59

Perdita
15-02-2015, 16:59
Blimey you lot are certainly gunning for KIssinger, what is it with you lot, always pontificating :wall::angry:

I am obviously reading a different thread to you ... not seen anybody gunning for anyone, only politely voicing their opinions on a soap character, which is what this forum is all about :D

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 17:11
Why the need to disagree and make it personal? well my opinion is A KIrkbride could'nt act, and you can all disagree with me, I don't really care! so fill your boots disagree all you like, the fact remains IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 17:13
:love: ah thankyou owenlee, nice someone can be nice,

Dazzle
15-02-2015, 17:30
I am shocked at the site, seems a bit cliquey?

We're not cliquey at all as we frequently chat with new members. In fact, LizzyBizzy rarely comments here so she's certainly not part of some clique. She obviously felt strongly enough about what was being said to speak up this time.

Mariba ---WEll I guess if you have not been so ill with Cancer you won't get it

You don't know anything about Mariba. Several of us frequent commenters on this forum suffer or have suffered from serious illness (including cancer) but have chosen not to reveal it here.

End of the day, she was not as sincere as i expected..

How could Anne have been insincere about a letter from a total stranger that it's highly unlikely she ever even read??? :searchme:

I find this happens on many forums I frequent. Someone posts something controversial and then a few people else disagree with the post. The first poster then complains that these people are being nasty to him/her and s/he was only voicing an opinion. What I can never understand is why the first poster thinks only their opinion is valid and that no-one is allowed to disagree as that means they are being "nasty" and "ganging up". Why is that first poster allowed to express an opinion but not those who disagree? It must be something to do with the Internet.....

I've noticed the same phenomenon, Parkerman. These people frequently shout about their rights and "free speech" to voice unpopular opinions, but are shocked to the core when people then use their own rights to free speech to call them out on those opinions. It's downright bizarre! :wall:

At the end of the day, a forum is the wrong place for someone who can't take a bit of disagreement, especially if one of their very first posts is cutting and provocative. Kissinger has admitted she was a big fan of Anne Kirkbride until the latter didn't reply to her fan mail in the midst of a crisis, so it's nonsensical to be so shocked that many other soap viewers are fans of Anne's that take issue with personal attacks on her.

I'd also like to point out that we frequently disagree about the acting ability of certain soap stars on this forum without it descending into a row. The tone with which you voice an opinion sets the tone of the answers you receive.

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 17:40
I think we have all done a good job of bringing, Maddie's character to the front, it is quite sad that corra is bit boring at the mo, that we can only discuss Maddie?
and we can only praise ourself to find something nice to say.
I can be nice, just need a reason to be. Oh yea, i like Sean's new fella :clap:

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 17:50
Dazzle your so pompous, and smug, how do you know that the letter was from a total stranger? you don't know that!!! :wall:
and is it not part of an actors role to read their fan mail?:readtheru
no, can't agree with you, accept we can agree on the ability of acting of some soap characters:hmm:
but i am glad there are "fans" out there who can spring to her defence, even if they are illuded:rotfl:

Kissinger
15-02-2015, 18:04
so glad someone else agrees with me. well done owenlee--for not being afraid also, to say what you think, seems to me that just because Ms Kirkbride has died no one can say she could'nt act, what would have happened if it was said before she died? bet no one would say she was so gr8 then, and that is in my opinion too.

Perdita
15-02-2015, 18:05
I just typed a long post explaining things but decided that both owenlee4me and kissinger would not understand so I won't bother....:D

Dazzle
15-02-2015, 18:08
I just typed a long post explaining things but decided that both owenlee4me and kissinger would not understand so I won't bother....:D

I hear you Perdy! Talk about missing the point... :D

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 19:04
phew spare us another lecture

owenlee4me
15-02-2015, 19:04
at last peace from DAzzle

parkerman
15-02-2015, 21:26
Dazzle your so pompous, and smug:

phew spare us another lecture

at last peace from DAzzle
And you have the nerve to call out other people for being nasty. You're such a hypocrite.

Dazzle
15-02-2015, 21:31
Those quotes you posted made me laugh Parkerman. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the hypocrisy call out - I didn't really feel it was my place since I was the target of most of the bile. I've decided that being insulted by owenlee4me is actually a pretty big compliment! :D

parkerman
15-02-2015, 22:17
Oh, and by the way, owenlee4me, it's you're so pompous, not your.

swmc66
16-02-2015, 08:44
I find that people target Dazzle on this site and that is unacceptable.

mariba
16-02-2015, 11:27
Mariba ---WEll I guess if you have not been so ill with Cancer you won't get it, I was wanting to be encouraging and I guess I felt she would understand my letter. I too would have liked a encouraging letter, when you think of how many famous people help sick and unfortunate people, surely it was not a case of being genuine, just "sharing" something,

You can never be in the public eye and not expect your private life to leak, if you want to be private then maybe you should reconsider your move in life. If no one had bothered to contact her, she would have then been worried about her fans!!!!

End of the day, she was not as sincere as i expected, she is gone now, and I will miss her Character, hence a role for someone to be given a opportunity in the street, bearing in mind a few female parts are going.

Wow..! Like Dazzle said(thank you :) ) -you don't know anything about me and I choose to leave it that way, except saying that we all have our own battles in this life and yes, I have experienced the fear of being seriously ill. Enough said. Things can be said in so many ways-why not to keep it polite, much nicer for everyone to read. I'm quite new on this board and I've always felt myself welcome here, no one is ever nasty here. Thank you folks! :)
Time to move on now and give this thread back to Maddie perhaps?

Dazzle
16-02-2015, 12:04
I find that people target Dazzle on this site and that is unacceptable.

Aww thanks so much Swmc66. :)

Ad hominem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) attacks are made by people who are losing the argument and don't bother me at all. If they want to show themselves up I'm not going to stand in their way! :D

I'm quite new on this board and I've always felt myself welcome here, no one is ever nasty here.

Thank you for saying that Mariba. :)

maidmarian
16-02-2015, 12:16

Ad hominem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) attacks are made by people who are losing the argument and don't bother me at all. If they want to show themselves up I'm not going to stand in their way! :D

I was always told as a child- if someone has upset
you and you feel you want to repay in kind-
That no one can ever show someone up as much
as they will show themselves up(if they are just
being nasty) .No matter how hard you try.
So in effect- let them get on with it!!
very similar sentiments to yours!

Agree with Mariba's and Swmc comments also!

maidmarian
16-02-2015, 12:16

I was always told as a child- if someone has upset
you and you feel you want to repay in kind-
That no one can ever show someone up as much
as they will show themselves up(if they are just
being nasty) .No matter how hard you try.
So in effect- let them get on with it!!
very similar sentiments to yours!

Agree with Mariba's and Swmc comments also!

maidmarian
16-02-2015, 12:24
yes- back to Maddie .
I hope she does get other tv etc work.
She had improved greatly over time.
It would be good if her exit story involved
her being reunited with her brother( as
suggested) A happy? ending.!
And I suppose Sophie becoming involved
in Fayes story( tho im still not keen)
it will give the casting dept more time
to find another story/friend/love for her.

maidmarian
16-02-2015, 12:24
yes- back to Maddie .
I hope she does get other tv etc work.
She had improved greatly over time.
It would be good if her exit story involved
her being reunited with her brother( as
suggested) A happy? ending.!
And I suppose Sophie becoming involved
in Fayes story( tho im still not keen)
it will give the casting dept more time
to find another story/friend/love for her.

mariba
16-02-2015, 12:38
I'd like to see Sophie on her own for a while and studying and achieving something in life. :)
Katie was interested of studying to become paramedic..I think that would actually suit Sophie..

owenlee4me
16-02-2015, 13:27
[QUOTE=parkerman;817354]And you have the nerve to call out other people for being nasty. You're such a hypocrite.[/QU

I don't pretend to be perfect or have virtues that i can't keep to, this is what makes a hypocrite.
I am what I am, I don't always like smug people, who try to be whiter than white!
So if the cap fits, then it it can be worn:clap:

Dazzle
16-02-2015, 15:52
Some earlier quotes from this thread:

nasty lot

Blimey you lot are certainly gunning for KIssinger...

And don't feel unwelcome, not every one is so bullying and opinated...

Definition of a hypocrite:

A person who engages in the same behaviours he condemns others for.

owenlee4me
16-02-2015, 18:48
:clap: bravo I like your style dazzle, taken in good grace.:clap:

owenlee4me
16-02-2015, 18:50
oh lesson's in grammar too!!! blimey i'm learning something new everyday

owenlee4me
16-02-2015, 18:51
OH so more than one target Dazzle, that's a shame

owenlee4me
16-02-2015, 19:08
Dazzle--- I think there is more than one explanation of hypocrite, but i take your explanation in good grace!:lol:
I could go on and on arguing the point, but is it worth it?
I do feel ganged up on, :cheer: no one has tried to see my point, one person would have been nice
and if someone is even so small minded as to correct grammar, (is this an English teaching site now?) I mean come on, was there any need for that??:angry:
(it was Parkerman by the way!!)
End of the day, I did not think AK was a brilliant actress, maybe i vented my spleen to harsh,:( and sadly, she will be forgotton in a month's time.
So was it all worth it?
yep lesson's to be learned or is it learnt sure Parkerman will let me know!!!:moonie:

sarah c
17-02-2015, 10:26
oh lesson's in grammar too!!! blimey i'm learning something new everyday

no apostrophe in lessons ??

swmc66
17-02-2015, 12:27
Let's drop this now and focus on the programme and its characters. I don't want to come on the site and see all of this. I was shocked the other day when I opened up the site and shaken by it. Lets all make postings less harsh that people don't take offence in future.

owenlee4me
17-02-2015, 15:15
Let's drop this now and focus on the programme and its characters. I don't want to come on the site and see all of this. I was shocked the other day when I opened up the site and shaken by it. Lets all make postings less harsh that people don't take offence in future.

:clap::clap::wub:

owenlee4me
17-02-2015, 15:18
no apostrophe in lessons ??

OOps my mistake, i keep forgetting when something is plural it does not always have an "s" in, gosh you lot are so clever :bow:

TaintedLove
18-02-2015, 01:27
OOps my mistake, i keep forgetting when something is plural it does not always have an "s" in, gosh you lot are so clever :bow:
Things sure have changed since I left school. 'i' used to be capitalized at the start of a sentence.
I`m kidding, just wanted to add some jocularity to the place. I`m Switzerland, me.
:)

owenlee4me
18-02-2015, 12:16
Things sure have changed since I left school. 'i' used to be capitalized at the start of a sentence.
I`m kidding, just wanted to add some jocularity to the place. I`m Switzerland, me.

Yea I'm guillty of that one, pure laziness, I know (look captial i) it should be a capital beginning of a sentence, but if i can cheat a bit ha ha,

owenlee4me
18-02-2015, 12:16

Yea I'm guillty of that one, pure laziness, I know (look captial i) it should be a capital beginning of a sentence, but if i can cheat a bit ha ha,

TaintedLove
18-02-2015, 15:46
My spelling will be all over the place the next 10 days or so as my hands are so flipping cold. The weather is really bad here with temps in the negative teens (Fahrenheit not Celsius). More of the same til March 1st at least.
I hate winter, roll on spring

Perdita
18-02-2015, 16:51
If it is any comfort to you, Spain is unusually cold this winter too and some areas that have never seen snow were snowed in for a few days .. I can't wait for it to get warmer again too :(

Kissinger
18-02-2015, 17:22
My spelling will be all over the place the next 10 days or so as my hands are so flipping cold. The weather is really bad here with temps in the negative teens (Fahrenheit not Celsius). More of the same til March 1st at least.
I hate winter, roll on spring

Pair of fingerless gloves, may help? I like to sit with a hotwater bottle on my lap when I'm on the computer, as sitting makes me cold, even if the heating is on.
think this winter has gone on long enough eh? :(

TaintedLove
18-02-2015, 17:53
Pair of fingerless gloves, may help? I like to sit with a hotwater bottle on my lap when I'm on the computer, as sitting makes me cold, even if the heating is on.
think this winter has gone on long enough eh? :(

I`d love to have a hot bath to warm up, but our pipes are frozen solid and have been since last Friday. I have to go outside and bring in enough snow to heat on the stove so I can bathe, wash dishes, and then use the dishwater to flush the toilet afterwards. And more of the same for the next 10 days at least. :(

re: Maddeh. I did hear a rumour that Jenna was coming back. I hope that`s all it was - a rumour. I liked her, but thought she and Sophie were very unmatched.

Perdita
18-02-2015, 18:15
Lots of rumours going about at the moment for characters returning in all the soaps ... not all are a good idea

maidmarian
18-02-2015, 18:58
Lots of rumours going about at the moment for characters returning in all the soaps ... not all are a good idea

yes - and while its a compliment to those
whose return is wanted its a bit of a back
hander for the actors currently in the soaps
and the soap management!

Cant bring back people especially if high
salaries wanted without affecting current
actors( tho they will have contracts)
Everybody has their favourites / likes&
dislikes but are the viewers dissatisfied with
the current lot generally?
Or is it an EE week.phenomenon?
Then there would be a new lot of storylines
to fathom!!

maidmarian
18-02-2015, 18:58
dupl

swmc66
19-02-2015, 13:50
Jenny was boring can't see what she will bring to the street

Glen1
19-02-2015, 14:18
Jenny was boring can't see what she will bring to the street
With a bit of luck she'll get right up Rita's nose. :D

lizann
28-05-2015, 23:17
will we have a karl/sunita rehash for jenny/maddie in the hospital leading to maddie's death

Dazzle
29-05-2015, 02:24
will we have a karl/sunita rehash for jenny/maddie in the hospital leading to maddie's death

I wouldn't be surprised given these soap writers seem to love repeating storylines ad nauseam. :wall:

Kim
29-05-2015, 05:23
That or a simple Tina rehash: She hangs on for a while and then slips away.

Which one will it be I wonder?

tammyy2j
29-05-2015, 13:42
Maddie left Sophie a voice message

What in the builder's yard exploded to cause her injury or was it just the explosion knocking her out?

swmc66
29-05-2015, 15:37
Maybe she goes in a coma and comes out alive but is in a coma for a week or two enough for Jenny to make her escape. Then Maddie revisits her life and decides to trek around the world without sophie to see elephants

maidmarian
29-05-2015, 15:53
Maybe she goes in a coma and comes out alive but is in a coma for a week or two enough for Jenny to make her escape. Then Maddie revisits her life and decides to trek around the world without sophie to see elephants

Thats a nice thought about Maddie,swmc.
Not sure we will be shut of Jenny so soon
Wait to see how things develop-the story
could have been better with a different
character and actress - my opinion!

maidmarian
29-05-2015, 15:53
Dupl

lizann
29-05-2015, 16:18

wakes up and realises what a wagon sophie is dumps her and moves near her brother

maidmarian
29-05-2015, 23:09
Dupl

maidmarian
29-05-2015, 23:09
wakes up and realises what a wagon sophie is dumps her and moves near her brother

Thanks Lizann for a small extension of my
vocabulary!
Was going to ask meaning of "wagon" in
this context-tho knew it wouldnt be
complimentary!!

According to which urban /slang dictionary
used it can mean cranky /contrary or
obnoxious/ aggressive bitch ??
Qualifies on all counts.
1 point in Sophies favour(Im surprised
to find) is that she was the first/only one
Suspicious of Jenny