PDA

View Full Version : Craig Tinker (Colson Smith)

Perdita
12-07-2013, 09:03
Coronation Street schoolboy Craig Tinker will go missing in a forthcoming storyline, reports have revealed.

Craig, played by Colson Smith, disappears after killer Karl Munro (John Michie) realises that he has information which could expose his guilt over the Rovers Return fire, according to the Daily Star.

Assuming Steve is moving out, Tracy has a celebratory meal with Deirdre and Amy after Jason knocks down the partition wall

A panicking Karl initially tries to befriend Craig in a bid to make sure that he keeps quiet.

However, when Craig goes missing and a frantic search gets under way, it's thought that Karl will be among those questioned by the police.

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "Has Craig run away, or has Karl decided to get him under control once and for all? Keep watching - this storyline is a corker."

Craig's recent strange behaviour in relation to the Rovers blaze has left fans wondering whether he knows Karl is the arsonist.

Show boss Stuart Blackburn told Digital Spy this week: "Craig is very, very troubled. He has a certain perspective about the fire, I'll say that much! There's a secret that he's been carrying since that night, and it's a secret that will have a great deal of impact on both his life and Karl's."

Karl started the fire at The Rovers in March as part of his desperate schemes to win back Stella Price. Sunita Alahan and firefighter Toni Griffiths died as a result of the terrifying incident.

John Michie, who plays Karl, will be leaving Coronation Street later this year and joining the cast of BBC One's Holby City.

lizann
12-07-2013, 23:06
Coronation Street schoolboy Craig Tinker will go missing in a forthcoming storyline, reports have revealed.

Craig, played by Colson Smith, disappears after killer Karl Munro (John Michie) realises that he has information which could expose his guilt over the Rovers Return fire, according to the Daily Star.

Assuming Steve is moving out, Tracy has a celebratory meal with Deirdre and Amy after Jason knocks down the partition wall

A panicking Karl initially tries to befriend Craig in a bid to make sure that he keeps quiet.

However, when Craig goes missing and a frantic search gets under way, it's thought that Karl will be among those questioned by the police.

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "Has Craig run away, or has Karl decided to get him under control once and for all? Keep watching - this storyline is a corker."

Craig's recent strange behaviour in relation to the Rovers blaze has left fans wondering whether he knows Karl is the arsonist.

Show boss Stuart Blackburn told Digital Spy this week: "Craig is very, very troubled. He has a certain perspective about the fire, I'll say that much! There's a secret that he's been carrying since that night, and it's a secret that will have a great deal of impact on both his life and Karl's."

Karl started the fire at The Rovers in March as part of his desperate schemes to win back Stella Price. Sunita Alahan and firefighter Toni Griffiths died as a result of the terrifying incident.

John Michie, who plays Karl, will be leaving Coronation Street later this year and joining the cast of BBC One's Holby City.

what?

lizann
12-07-2013, 23:06

what?

Cheetah
15-01-2015, 14:29
I hope they keep the character for a very long time - he's so kind and gentle and he is probably very intelligent and gentle and will become a character the younger ones turn to in the way the really troubled ones turn to Roy.

Perdita
03-02-2015, 05:20
Coronation Street schoolboy Craig Tinker is a loyal source of support to Faye Windass next week as she discovers that she is pregnant.

When Faye (Ellie Leach) becomes increasingly concerned about her weight following teasing at school, it's Craig who gently points out that she could be expecting a baby and encourages her to take a pregnancy test.

Here, Colson Smith - who plays Craig - chats about his character's involvement in Faye's life-changing storyline.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/05/618x390/soaps-corrie-8575-3.jpg
Craig wonders is Faye is pregnant
© ITV
Craig wonders is Faye is pregnant

How would you describe Craig's friendship with Faye?
"They can go to each other for anything. Craig really trusts Faye and has a lot of time for her. Deep down he loves her, and he knows what is best for her even when she doesn't herself. He cares for her a lot, they are kindred spirits, they identify with each other and they have things in common.

"They share their experiences and it is a nice friendship - just two people who are nice to each other. Craig sees Faye as a kid sister. He doesn't see her as a potential girlfriend - he loves her like a family member and he would really look out for her."

How does Craig react when Faye becomes increasingly concerned about her weight?
"Craig supports Faye when she is being bullied at school. He can relate to Faye because he has also been bullied at school, so he talks to her about the help you can get at school. He tries to support her and tells her that she should confide in her mum.

"Craig always tries to do the right thing. He knows right from wrong, he is a voice of reason and he is very mature. There aren't many teenagers like him around - he doesn't put himself first."

What do you think has made Craig like that?
"His upbringing has been very influential. Craig loves his mum and he would do anything for her. He has been passed from pillar to post and now he is very settled and happy. His mum is settled and he wants everyone else to be happy.

"Craig has been forced to grow up quickly. Beth took care of him, but she would leave him on his own to go out. That meant he knew how to cook. He is used to taking care of people and looking after himself."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/05/618x415/soaps-corrie-8575-2.jpg
Faye confides in Craig about her weight gain
© ITV
Faye confides in Craig about her weight gain

When does Craig first realise that Faye might be pregnant?
"Craig initially says that she should go to a doctor to find out what is wrong with her, but in the back of Faye's mind she knows what it might be and doesn't want to go to a doctor. So Craig says to ask 'Doctor Google' as that is what his mum always used to do.

"Craig types in her symptoms and that is one of the things that comes up. He is aware of the rumours about Faye from the party in the summer, so he knows this might be a possibility. Now he realises and he asks her if there is a possibility she might be pregnant. He words it well."

How does Faye react when Craig suggests this to her?
"The problem is that Faye is in denial - not just about the fact that she could be pregnant, but even about the fact that she slept with the boy. That is the big thing for Faye and she just wants to brush it under the carpet, but Craig is smart and has done his research about what is going to happen to her, so he won't let her just try and ignore it."

Is Craig with Faye when she does the pregnancy test?
"Faye is upstairs in the house. She comes down and tells him and they work out how pregnant she is. They work out she is almost 7 months pregnant.

"Faye is really emotional and gets very upset. Even though she is in denial, it all clicks into place and she realises it is actually happening - it is just pure shock."

How does Craig take the news?
"Craig is also quite shocked and emotional. He knew there was a chance but the reality is a shock. Craig decides he has to be the mature one and be a rock for Faye to help her through the pregnancy."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/04/618x422/soaps-corrie-8568-5.jpg
Faye tells Craig she is being bullied
© ITV
Craig tries to support Faye

Why is Faye too scared to tell anyone else?
"Faye is so scared because she is so young and she has slept with a boy. Her life is about to change dramatically and she is struggling to get her head round it. Craig wants her to tell her mum because he knows that if you are in trouble you should go to an adult. Faye just can't see that, and if she starts telling people it becomes more real. She just wants it to go away, but Craig knows it is not that easy."

Do we get any indication as to who the father is?
"Faye knows who the father is - he goes to the same school and is around Craig's age."

How does Craig cope with being Faye's only shoulder to lean on?
"Craig is very close to his mum and would usually go straight to her with any problem, but because Faye won't let him tell anyone - whether it be Anna or Beth - he is finding it quite difficult.

"There is a moment when Faye thinks Craig has said something to Anna about her skiving off school and she tells him that if he says anything to Anna again, she won't ever speak to him. He doesn't want to lose Faye's friendship and he wants to be there for her."

What did you think when you first heard about the storyline?
"I was excited as an actor because it was such a big storyline, and being 16 myself, I know it does happen. You read about it in the news, you see it around you and you want to do it justice as people are really going through it."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/03/618x422/soaps-corrie-8564-4.jpg
What have Tim, Faye and Craig walked in to?
© ITV
Faye, Craig and Tim

Are you good friends with Ellie in real life?
"Yes, me and Ellie get on really well and we have got closer through playing this storyline."

What do your friends and family think about you being Corrie?
"My grandma absolutely loves it. She calls herself the biggest Corrie fan going, so for her in particular it is a bit of a dream come true! I remember telling her when I had just got the first two episodes and she couldn't believe it. When I got the call to say that I had got the part full time, it was surreal. It was a life-changing moment and I realised I could have a career doing what I love doing."

Do you get recognised a lot when you're out?
"Yes, I do all the time. People are really friendly. I mostly get asked where Darryl the rat is! Everyone remembers Darryl the rat even though he is not in much."

Who's given you the best piece of advice since joining the show?
"I have had lots of good advice but one of the main people I listen to is Malcolm Hebden. He has told me not to take anything for granted and every time I do something, to do it to the best of my ability. I loved my scenes with him. It's a great friendship - they are so similar despite the age gap."
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/46/618x420/soaps-corrie-8521-2.jpg
Craig gives Norris his first lesson on his tablet computer and shows him how to download the astronomy app.
© ITV
Colson with co-star Malcolm Hebden

Do you remember your first day on set and how you felt?
"Yes, I was 12 and I was with Lisa George [who plays Beth]. We were sat in the green room eating fish and chips and talking about what the future might hold. Lisa was in a normal day-to-day job and I was just a school kid.

"We talked about what it would be like to be in this show full-time, but we never imagined it would actually happen. I was in a scene outside Streetcars and I was very nervous. Every time I walk down the cobbles it is special but that was extra special."

What would you like to see happen next for Craig?
"I feel Craig would probably be loyal to his mum forever. He loves Kirk and Chesney and being part of a family, so I can't see him being in a rush to leave home. There is always something light-hearted and fun going on. I love the comedy, but it is nice to be involved in something serious like the Faye story. I feel incredibly lucky to be part of this show."

How did you get into acting?
"When I was 11, I told my mum I didn't want to go to the childminders' any more after school, so she told me I needed to find something else to do until she got home from work. I went to the after school drama group and loved it."

How do you find juggling college and working on Corrie?
"I am doing a BTEC extended diploma in performing arts and I am in year one. I am coping with the work - the teachers are really supportive and they understand what I am doing and they know I am getting the experience of what they are trying to teach. I am enjoying being in college and working on Corrie."

maidmarian
03-02-2015, 06:04
The actor playing Craig sounds as level-headed
and pleasant in real life as Craig is in Corrie.
Hope he succeeds in his studies.
Always liked Craig -since the Darryl the
Rat episodes!

maidmarian
03-02-2015, 06:04
dupl

tammyy2j
03-02-2015, 14:49
Craig is a great likeable character well played by Colson and now him with Tim extra good too

swmc66
03-02-2015, 22:50
A nice support for Faye

Katy
08-02-2015, 15:53
I really like Craig as well....hes great.

Loving the double act with him and Tim as well. I am looking forward to him getting stuck into a big storyline. He is a good little actor. Seems a very pleasant chap as well.

swmc66
08-02-2015, 23:10
7 months pregnant! Again i am sure that she would have needed to get larger uniform by now.

maidmarian
09-02-2015, 06:38
7 months pregnant! Again i am sure that she would have needed to get larger uniform by now.

well u would think so and its small practical
details like this can mar stories but they can't
cover every minute details. People can be
resourceful tho.- safety pins on
waist -jumpers stretched and well pulled down
etc. I wonder at "mother"Anna surely
she would notice something -if not too
busy showing off.

It does seem bit " unwordly" of Faye but
there is the other end of age spectrum.
Lisa in ED giving birth to Belle in pigsty-
very surprised - thought she had started
menopause!!
A woman I know also assumed that.
Til one day she was diving from.high
board- some one noticed the shape of
her body as she came down.Tactfully
suggested a visit to dr. She came back
gobsmacked-6 months pregnant and
she had had 2 children about 10-15
yrs previously!!
But surely other signs apart from obvious!

maidmarian
09-02-2015, 06:38
dupl

Katy
09-02-2015, 07:57
Yeh. One of my friends at school had a baby and she had no idea she was pregnant. She didn't really put alot of weight on and had no idea until one night she felt Ill and someone called an ambulance and and the paramedics told her she was having a baby! Everyone was shocked..so it does happen.

I thought 7 months seems a long time but I'm kind of glad in a way...its not going to drag on as a storyline

Mo Mouse
19-02-2015, 18:21
He helped Faye to shoplift from Dev;'s shop.He should be locked up in Borstal with all the other juvenile lawbreakers.

LouiseP
21-02-2015, 11:04
I hope they keep the character for a very long time - he's so kind and gentle and he is probably very intelligent and gentle and will become a character the younger ones turn to in the way the really troubled ones turn to Roy.

I agree. He is a lovely , gentle boy. A nice character amongst a sea of nasty people.

LouiseP
21-02-2015, 11:04

I agree. He is a lovely , gentle boy. A nice character amongst a sea of nasty people.

Dazzle
21-02-2015, 16:17
He helped Faye to shoplift from Dev;'s shop.He should be locked up in Borstal with all the other juvenile lawbreakers.

I see that Mo Mouse and his unique sense of humour have paid us a visit! :D

I hope they keep him that way too. :)

maidmarian
21-02-2015, 16:32
[QUOTE=Dazzle;818039]I see that Mo Mouse and his unique sense of humour have paid us a visit! :D

He has been quiet on here for several months.
But apart from this posted on 19/02 in
"Tracy" thread- usual fantasies!!

maidmarian
21-02-2015, 16:32
Dupl

Dazzle
21-02-2015, 16:39
He has been quiet on here for several months.
But apart from this posted on 19/02 in
"Tracy" thread- usual fantasies!!

I wish he'd post here more as he always gives me a giggle. I know from seeing him post elsewhere that he's a actually a nice guy, but his sense of humour can take some getting used to. He was banned from the DS forum (to much disgust by his many fans) because some forum members there didn't realise he was joking and took his posts too seriously.

maidmarian
21-02-2015, 16:51
I wish he'd post here more as he always gives me a giggle. I know from seeing him post elsewhere that he's a actually a nice guy, but his sense of humour can take some getting used to. He was banned from the DS forum (to much disgust by his many fans) because some forum members there didn't realise he was joking and took his posts too seriously.

Agreed!! I akways thought him mischievious
rather than nasty. And if it was about a
character you werent keen on-it was great.

I wasnt a member of DS -just had a peek
now and again. His fans are still unhappy
about his ban and want him.back.

maidmarian
21-02-2015, 16:51
Dupl

Dazzle
21-02-2015, 17:01

I don't post on DS either, just have a lurk there now and again. The mods there seem very trigger happy and ban members for the slightest thing.

It's good to ban genuinely nasty people of course, but members like Mo Mouse (who had a cult following for his funny posts, and who regular members knew wouldn't hurt a fly in reality) have been the victims of overly-zealous mods.

Mo Mouse
22-02-2015, 11:54
I see that Mo Mouse and his unique sense of humour have paid us a visit! :D

I hope they keep him that way too. :)

I only wish that it was a joke. He will totaklly out of control if he doesn't learn some discipline soon. A good birching would help but, for some, Borstal is the only answer. Like Ray Winstone is Scum.

Dazzle
22-02-2015, 15:55
I only wish that it was a joke. He will totaklly out of control if he doesn't learn some discipline soon. A good birching would help but, for some, Borstal is the only answer. Like Ray Winstone is Scum.

What about kids like Amy though? If Craig deserves a good birching (which I'm not denying lol), what does naughty Amy deserve? And how about your favourite Simon (who's been remarkably quiet for ages now)?

Mo Mouse
22-02-2015, 16:05
Agreed!! I akways thought him mischievious
rather than nasty. And if it was about a
character you werent keen on-it was great.

Lovely of you to say so, MM. Thank you.

As an aside, there is only room for one "MM" on this forum. Is there any way you can change your user name ? Thanks.

Dazzle
22-02-2015, 16:07
As an aside, there is only room for one "MM" on this forum. Is there any way you can change your user name ? Thanks.

Maidmarian was here first Mo. How about you being known as MoMo? :p

Mo Mouse
22-02-2015, 16:10
I'll do the gags thanks, Daz.

Dazzle
22-02-2015, 16:12
I'll do the gags thanks, Daz.

Well that put me in my place! :o :D

parkerman
22-02-2015, 17:09
MoMo it is then.

Dazzle
22-02-2015, 17:12
MoMo it is then.

:thumbsup:

This is the first time I've ever started a trend! :angel: :D

Perdita
02-04-2015, 00:12
Young Coronation Street star Colson Smith had his first live TV interview today (April 1), promoting Faye Windass's teen pregnancy storyline on This Morning.

The 16-year-old's character Craig Tinker will feature in dramatic scenes this week as his friend Faye (Ellie Leach) goes into labour while they are spending time together at the empty Corner Shop flat.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/14/618x441/uktv-this-morning-corrie-colson-smith-1.jpg
Colson Smith on This Morning
© Rex Features / Steve Meddle/ITV
Colson Smith on This Morning

Craig is the only person on the Street who is aware of Faye's pregnancy, but her secret will soon become known to all as she urges him to find her adoptive mum Anna to help her through the labour.

Smith appeared on This Morning with his on-screen mother Lisa George (Beth) today to offer his thoughts on the fireworks to come.

"Craig's a nice kid, he's got a big heart and he loves being Faye's friend," he explained. "The friendship's been tested along this storyline, but Craig's always still been there for Faye. There was a scene the other night when Faye threw a pillow at Craig and Craig said something like, 'Don't worry Faye, it's your hormones!'

"It's been really nice to see the friendship get stronger and even when it's had the challenges, it's stayed strong. Craig is like Faye's rock and he tries to support her as much as he can throughout the story."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/14/618x411/uktv-this-morning-corrie-colson-smith-lisa-george-2.jpg
Colson Smith & Lisa George on This Morning
© Rex Features / Steve Meddle/ITV

Discussing Craig's development as a character, he continued: "It's been good going from Craig to a kid with a rat, all the way to Craig with his friend who's now having a baby and it's all really dramatic. It's really good fun because it's a storyline that does happen and it needs to be represented.

"I think the way we've done it at Corrie works really well with Faye being in denial. Although Faye doesn't understand it, Craig keeps saying, 'You can't pretend this isn't happening'."

Meanwhile, George revealed that her character Beth will initially fear that Craig could be the father. Viewers know that Jackson, another boy at school, is really the dad.

George laughed: "Craig says that she's going to have a baby, so Beth - as Beth is - says, 'Oh come on then, give me all the gossip! What's going on?' Then he's like, 'No, she's having it now!' Then there's a scene where she has a go at Craig thinking he might be the father. She says, 'I had really high hopes for you and you better not be the dad!'"

Perdita
02-04-2015, 21:17
Coronation Street has been criticised by a stillbirth charity after "misleading" and "potentially dangerous" dialogue in the soap's latest episode.

Wednesday's visit to Weatherfield sparked complaints after teen character Craig Tinker offered Faye Windass advice on her pregnancy, suggesting that her unborn baby would be moving less as her due date approached.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/12/618x416/soaps-corrie-8608-2.jpg
Faye feels the baby is coming
© ITV
Faye and Craig in Wednesday's Coronation Street

As the pair spent time together in the empty flat above the Corner Shop, Craig told Faye: "I've been doing some reading up online. Can you feel it moving about less, the baby? As it comes closer to the time, it moves about less because it's not got as much space."

The inclusion of the line was immediately criticised by charity Count The Kicks, which aims to raise awareness of how a baby's movement throughout a pregnancy indicates its wellbeing.

An initial tweet from Count The Kicks was retweeted over 600 times. Some viewers also sent messages of concern to the ITV soap's official Facebook page, pointing out that Craig's claims could be accepted as fact by fans of the programme.

In a subsequent statement, Count The Kicks CEO Elizabeth Hutton added: "The comments used on last night's episode of Coronation Street about babies' movements slowing down at the end of pregnancy were quite simply misleading with potentially dangerous consequences.

"A baby's movements do not slow down at the end of pregnancy. As a charity, Count the Kicks campaigns to raise awareness of the importance of monitoring baby's movements during pregnancy to avoid stillbirth and neonatal death. It is our aim to cut the number of stillbirths and neonatal deaths in the UK that currently stands at 16 every single day, by a third."

Hutton added: "There is a large group of the population that, for whatever reason, do not have regular antenatal care. This group are twice as likely to experience a stillbirth and it is important we get the correct information to them in any way we can.

"Every baby moves differently and it is important that mums-to-be get used to their own baby's pattern of movement, and if any significant changes occur they should contact a healthcare professional."

Responding to the criticism, a Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Craig's interpretation of what he read online was that of a 16-year-old boy who does not have any knowledge of pregnancy. He is not a medical professional. We are very grateful to the charity for raising awareness of the fact that babies should continue to move right up to birth."

mariba
03-04-2015, 13:45
Ridiculous! Craig is right! Babies usually DO move less towards the end of the pregnancy-that's all he said! He didn't say babies wouldn't move at all did he?? Why is there always someone complaining about something?? No wonder soap writers are becoming more and more careful to write anything..!
And yes, I'm a mother of two-I know something. In the end it is important to count the kicks, but is that really the job for Corrie writers to remind pregnant women about this as well? Are people really this stupid these days that they don't get info themselves??

mariba
03-04-2015, 13:45
Ridiculous! Craig is right! Babies usually DO move less towards the end of the pregnancy-that's all he said! He didn't say babies wouldn't move at all did he?? Why is there always someone complaining about something?? No wonder soap writers are becoming more and more careful to write anything..!
And yes, I'm a mother of two-I know something. In the end it is important to count the kicks, but is that really the job for Corrie writers to remind pregnant women about this as well? Are people really this stupid these days that they don't get info themselves??

Dazzle
03-04-2015, 16:15
I don't find it ridiculous that a charity that campaigns about babies being born dead is concerned about the messages being given by this storyline. They surely know a lot more about this subject than most, even us mothers. As they say, many people don't get ante-natal care so they obviously don't get all the information and not everyone has access to the internet.

There's many reasons this can happen and it's probably usually vulnerable people on the fringes of society. This doesn't mean they're stupid, it just means their lives are tough for whatever reason.

This complaint hardly compares to the ridiculous overreactions about gay kisses and being misled about the identity of murderers that soaps are often subject to. I'm glad Count the Kicks has spoken out. Who knows, maybe a baby's life will be saved because of it?

swmc66
03-04-2015, 19:22
When he said that i thought it was true as he has been reading books and going on the internet but was baffled as no movement would worry me as i had to count the kicks with one of my babies. So probably best they raised it as a lot of people do not research and listen to old myths.

Katy
03-04-2015, 20:03
He was making a comment as a teenage boy who had been googling.

He isnt speaking as a medical professional just a scared wee boy out of his depth.

swmc66
03-04-2015, 20:16
I know i see that now poor thing

maidmarian
03-04-2015, 21:12

He isnt speaking as a medical professional just a scared wee boy out of his depth.

I wondered if he said it to try and make Faye
get some help or tell someone.Its much too
much for him and this isnt a typical pregnancy.
Mother to be is 12-13 and pregnancies in
that age group reducing.Most girls would have
a girl friend they could confide in and tho they
wouldnt want to tell their mums -most wouldn't
be too frightened of her and of going back into
care to do so.

Im all for info being made available and every
baby deserves chance of a safe birth. But
Maternity services are under great pressure
due to increased numbers and mothers who
do have ante natal care can find it varies
in different areas/hospitals.

The average age for a mother to give birth
is increasing and pregnancies in the older age
group have more problems and a higher
percentage end in stillbirth- which is a tragedy
whenever it happens.

Dazzle
03-04-2015, 22:52

Yes I agree but, no matter the context, if it's incorrect or a myth then a charity that exists to publicise the cause has a duty to highlight it. I'm amazed that anyone considers this the wrong thing to do! :searchme:

Perdita
04-04-2015, 07:27
Yes, they should highlight it but without criticising a soap storyline

maidmarian
04-04-2015, 09:22

As someone who has given to charities since
childhood( small amounts from pocket money)
I do find it quite upsetting that some charities
have strayed beyond the original.concept of
helping those in need without promoting any
self-interest.
They are now big business- which means a
smaller % of donations actually reach those
they were intended for.
Also some now have political religious or
moral agendas in addition to their main
stated aim. So people are less influenced
by what they say and being a charity doesn't
put them on a higher plain to others.
Also help/info is given on the charities terms
not the persons need.
So whilst I do still give I do some research
first and its surprising what you find out.!!

maidmarian
04-04-2015, 09:22
Dupl

Dazzle
04-04-2015, 10:24

That's just semantics in my opinion.

Here's the original tweet (https://mobile.twitter.com/countthekicks/status/583352381557084160) by Count the Kicks:

.@itvcorrie babies movements DO NOT slow down at the end of pregnancy.A change in movement can be a key warning sign the baby is in distress

Whether that's judged to be criticism or highlighting the issue, the charity is doing the right thing by raising awareness - which can only be a good thing in my book! I see no agenda at play other than saving lives. It can be a sign of foetal distress and should be checked immediately.

Maybe even this discussion on Soapboards will prompt a pregnant woman to seek help if her baby stops moving around in late pregnancy and a life will be saved! :)

Perdita
27-07-2016, 04:52
Coronation Street teen Craig Tinker will be inspired to join the police next week after saving his friend Gemma Winter from Macca's clutches.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/29/980x490/landscape-1469114434-01-08-coro-gemma-macca-02.jpg

Macca will put the frighteners on Gemma (Dolly-Rose Campbell) as he threatens her over Kylie Platt's recent murder, but she will find unlikely support from a brave Craig.

After Macca grabs Gemma and drags her into the ginnel, he threatens to beat her up if she doesn't retract her statement about Clayton. However, Craig (Colson Smith) will come to her rescue when he steps in and pulls Macca off her.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/29/768x512/gallery-1469114103-01-08-coro-gemma-macca-01.jpg
Macca grabs Gemma and drags her into the ginnel
© ITV
As the quick-thinking youngster phones the police, Macca immediately flees, leaving Gemma full of gratitude for Craig as she calls him a hero.

When Craig later describes his ordeal with Macca, Beth's overcome with pride but her mood quickly changes when he tells her it's made him realise he'd like to join the police. Will his family support his decision?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, August 1 and Wednesday, August 3 on ITV.

Digital Spy

swmc66
01-08-2016, 23:34
I love Graig but not sure he is police material. Maybe he could do community policing but not sure he would cope with the tough end of policing. Now i am wondering what his mum was arrested for.

swmc66
02-08-2016, 12:26
i take it back he will make a good officer

tammyy2j
23-08-2016, 15:38
http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/coronation-street/591334/coronation-street-spoiler-beth-tinker-sutherland-shocking-family-secret-revealed

Following the tragic events resulting in Kylie Platt's death, Craig announced that he wanted to join the police.
But when it came to filling in his application form, Beth was seen looking shifty when her son asked about any past criminal convictions.
In upcoming scenes, Beth, Chesney (Sam Aston), Kirk (Andy Whyment) and Sinead (Katie McGlynn) will be seen making a fuss of Craig on his 18th birthday.
While Tim takes Craig to the Rovers to legally enjoy his first pint of beer, Beth arranges a party for him back home.
However, the celebrations are short lived when he comes across a letter from the police whilst opening his birthday card.
After opening the envelope, Craig reveals that his application has been refused on the grounds that he failed to declare a relative's criminal conviction.
Coming to the realisation that she can't hide the secret any more, Beth admits that Craig's dad has been in and out of prison for most of his life.
Craig is left shocked by the news.
Seeing how upset her son is, Beth explains why she decided to keep the news a secret from him.
After explaining how she was the one who shopped Craig's dad to the police after his first offence, Craig is devastated and storms out of the house.

lizann
24-08-2016, 17:56
the actor who played butch im emmerdale is coming in as craig's daddy

swmc66
24-08-2016, 18:08
Glad I don't watch the other soaps as its hard when someone known joins

swmc66
07-09-2016, 20:44
Can't believe where Graig allows his rat to go. He was sitting in the cereal bowl.

Perdita
07-09-2016, 20:52
Glad I don't watch the other soaps as its hard when someone known joins

Butch Dingle was not in Emmerdale for long and it was a long time ago .. he died in the soap in 2000 , a lot of younger viewers won´t even know who he is :)

Perdita
30-05-2017, 16:05
Is Coronation Street's Craig Tinker in danger in these brand new spoiler photos?

Young actor Colson Smith has been spotted filming intense scenes out on location, which seemingly show his character Craig at the mercy of corrupt policeman Neil Clifton.

As these paparazzi pictures show, an upcoming episode will see Neil turn nasty by driving Craig off to a remote location.

It seems that Neil wants a quiet word with Craig, who appears nervous and overwhelmed in the first look shots.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/22/768x514/gallery-1496153875-soaps-coronation-street-neil-clifton-craig-tinker-2.jpg
Neil Clifton confronts Craig Tinker in Coronation Street filming pictures
© MCPIX/MARK CAMPBELL
Corrie viewers know that Neil is part of the evil sex ring that has targeted Bethany Platt in recent months, but he's also the policeman who's been assigned as Craig's mentor while the teen is training with the force.

By this point in the storyline, relations between the two have clearly become strained and we know that Neil is clearly capable of anything, so should we be worried about Craig when these scenes air?

Could Craig in fact know the truth about Neil at this point, or is he still oblivious to the fact that a fellow member of the police force is partly responsible for Bethany's ordeal?

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/22/768x522/gallery-1496153809-soaps-coronation-street-neil-clifton-craig-tinker-1.jpg
Neil Clifton confronts Craig Tinker in Coronation Street filming pictures
© MCPIX/MARK CAMPBELL

Coronation Street will air these scenes later in the summer. In the meantime, the show continues at 9pm all week on ITV.

Digital Spy

lizann
05-07-2017, 19:52
i think neil will threaten craig and his family like he did bethany

tammyy2j
26-10-2017, 11:50
Coronation Street is lining up some tense scenes for Craig Tinker as she starts to become obsessive and also doubts his own ability at work. Craig is becoming increasingly infatuated with only leaving the house when the minutes on the clock show an even number, leaving viewers concerned that he could be suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). This leaves Craig late for work and sets him off on a bad foot with his mentor Jess. The pair are then called to a disturbance at a shop and things become more complicated for an already anxious Craig when he sees that his mother Beth is involved

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/25/coronation-street-spoilers-ocd-storyline-ahead-for-craig-tinker

tammyy2j
28-02-2018, 23:33
I like his OCD storyline, Colson is a good actor

I do not think him and Bethany work as a couple, she is still messed up and selfish too

swmc66
03-03-2018, 22:58
He needs to get someone nice who does not stress him out. Hopefully when a counsellor helps him he will see the pattern of his behaviour and that it escalates in her presence.

tammyy2j
08-03-2020, 00:08
Is his ocd gone or just under control now, we have him trying to lose weight now, to get fit for the police force

Perdita
08-09-2021, 11:28
Craig Tinker is set to make a big decision amid the James Bailey racial profiling storyline following PC Brody's lies on Coronation Street.

James and his brother Michael were recently stopped by Brody while test driving a sports car, before their racism complaint was dropped by the police.

Craig also betrayed James by lying over the fact that he wasn't driving erratically and didn't need to be pulled over.

However, it was later confirmed that the case would be re-investigated after James decided to appeal ? but will Craig set the record straight this time?

In scenes airing next week, James tells Ed and Aggie that he will chase up the police investigation after being told by the hospital that he's still not ready to return to football due to the injury he suffered when Brody stopped him.

Craig watches with unease from across the street, and assures James that the investigation is going ahead as he has told them that he wants to be re-interviewed.

Later on in the week, Craig tells the truth, saying James was not driving erratically and the Bailey brothers were not aggressive in any way.

When he tells James that he hopes the interview will help the investigation, James is unimpressed, noting Craig should have told the truth the first time round.

Digital Spy

Perdita
01-03-2024, 08:10
Rumoured to go to Celebrity Big Brother...