PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy Roscoe (Fabrizio Santini)

Perdita
05-07-2013, 04:22
For our latest Hollyoaks interview, Digital Spy chatted to newcomer Fabrizio Santino about life playing Ziggy Roscoe.

Ziggy's flirtatious behaviour has already made a quick impact on some of the local ladies, but viewers will see that one girl in particular catches his eye in the next few weeks.

Here, Fabrizio tells us about the future romance for Ziggy and his time at Hollyoaks so far.

How well have you settled in at Hollyoaks?
"I think I've settled in very well and it's all going great. I'm enjoying my time here and everyone has made me feel welcome. I'm really liking the character of Ziggy and I'm having a lot of fun.

"I've moved up to Liverpool for the role and that's been very exciting. I'm living with two of my on-screen brothers - Charlie Clapham and Alfie Sykes - and they're fantastic to be with as well. Liverpool's a nice city, although I still don't know it very well! I do miss London terribly, but it feels good to be here for work and it makes me feel like I'm growing up!"

How did you feel when you finally got the role? We've heard from the other Roscoe boys that it was a long audition process!
"Yeah, the audition process was massive. To begin with, I had no idea that there were over 2,000 boys auditioning for the role, but it did become quite competitive. I knew that I really had to fight for this. I had four call-backs so it was quite a tough challenge, but I knew that I had a chance after the fourth one.

"When you've fought for something so hard and you end up getting it, it's just a massive relief. I was completely overjoyed and utterly pleased. It's good to know that you've done well as it raises your confidence for the future. If the truth be known, us actors are very sensitive and it can be tough to get rejected, so to be successful with a role is a big confidence boost."

We know that you've had other roles, but does this feel like your big break?
"Yeah, as it's very challenging and every single day is different from the other work that I've done. In the past, I've done bits of filming where I've been working for a week or two, or even just a few days, but this is literally every day.

"Because it's a regular job, I'm getting to learn more about myself and my acting ability. It's the biggest challenge I've had, absolutely."

We've all seen Ziggy for ourselves, but how do you describe him to people?
"I think Ziggy is a lovely boy. He's joyful, charming, cheeky and loyal to his family. He's also a bit of a fantasist and a bit of a dreamer! It's also probably fair to say that he's quite vain as he takes pride in his appearance.

"Ziggy loves the chit-chat and he loves his family, too. I think he's a nice guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. He's not the loser type, he's a lover and a fighter. He does what he can, he's got his aim in life and that's to end up living on the French or Italian Riviera. Ziggy aims high!"

What kind of a reaction have you seen from the Hollyoaks fans?
"It's been fantastic. I'm always very, very overwhelmed because there always seem to be fans waiting outside the studios who love the character of Ziggy. I was a little bit concerned at first at how people might react, but I think people love the charming, warm and cheeky sides of him. I'm getting really nice feedback and if I can keep it consistent, hopefully I can't go wrong."

What's coming up for Ziggy storyline-wise?
"There's going to be a lot going on with Ziggy and his brothers. There's always a drama at the garage!

"In terms of Ziggy on his own, there's one lady in the village who he really falls for in the next few weeks. He becomes smitten with her and he starts constantly trying to get her attention. She's also trying to get his attention, so there's a lot of romance in the air and some intimate scenes here and there. But you'll have to wait and see how it all develops.

"You'll also see that a bit of conflict develops between Ziggy's brothers and the girl in question, but it's nothing that Ziggy can't handle. Whatever Ziggy wants, he'll get!"

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/27/618x928/soaps-hollyoaks-fabrizio-santino-ziggy-roscoe.jpg
© Lime Pictures
Fabrizio as Ziggy

Ziggy is known for falling in and out of love quite quickly. Could this new love interest be the one who changes that?
"Could she be the one? Like I said, Ziggy is a dreamer so in the moment he'll probably think that she's the one, but give it half an hour and he'll see someone else and probably fall for them! That's just how he is - he can't say no. If someone approaches Ziggy, who knows what he'd do given half the chance? I have no idea how Ziggy thinks from one minute to the next!"

Is there potential there for Ziggy to be a good boyfriend, though?
"I do think that if Ziggy was to really fall in love with someone, he'd definitely be a great boyfriend. Ziggy is still growing up and he can sometimes play the field but maybe one day somebody will get him good. That's when he'll really fall in love, settle down and you'll see a different side to him."

We've seen lots of comedy from Ziggy so far. Would you like to explore a more serious storyline further down the line?
"Definitely. I do like the comedy moments that they've given me. I've never really considered myself to be a comic actor, but the stuff they've given me has been great.

"I would like to see a darker side to Ziggy at some point. Maybe there could be a point where Ziggy plummets and things go wrong. I think there'd be a good storyline there. But I do think that's a lot further down the line. Right now you need to see Ziggy at his best, and then it makes it more dramatic when you see the other side of him."

Are Charlie and Alfie good housemates?
"They're great housemates - they're fantastic! They're very tidy, very helpful and we all gel very well. We've got a lot in common even though our ages are different. Boys will always be boys no matter how big or small you are, so we all get on very well!"

© Lime Pictures
The Roscoes in their first full scene together

Is it strange to have Charlie younger than you in real life but older on screen?
"Well, I think in work I respect the fact that Freddie is older than Ziggy, so I play down to Charlie in the scenes. But obviously out of work, Charlie knows where he stands with his older brother! (Laughs.) I think he'd quite honestly tell you that himself!"

What is Gillian Taylforth like to work with?
"Fantastic. As I always say to anyone, she's one of my own. We come from a very similar culture and a very similar upbringing, as we both come from inner city London. I'm Peckham and she's Islington, so she's very authentic and so am I.

"I think when you get two authentic Cockneys together, there are fireworks. Gillian is a cracking actress as well and we gelled straight away. I've actually just done a scene with her and we had some great feedback that we work very well together. I think that's because we have the same background."

Are there any cast members you'd love to work with more?
"I wouldn't mind working more with Nick Pickard, as I think that'd be a good one. He's been on the show for so long that he knows it back to front, so he's very confident and a very good actor. I could see myself doing some scenes with him.

"It's the same with Ashley Taylor Dawson. I've done bits and bobs with Ashley, but a nice clash or a nice storyline would be great. Maybe Ziggy could also spark a friendship or conflict with Dodger, as it's nice to break away from your family and explore something new."

© Lime Pictures
The Roscoes recently held a topless car wash

Is there any pressure to stay in shape given some of your scenes so far?
"I don't think there's any pressure at all. If you take regular exercise anyway and you want to keep in shape as an individual, then you'll find your own discipline and do it. Speaking for myself, I'm very disciplined at the gym anyway and if I know I've got to take my top off the next day, I'll work just a little bit harder!"

Do you share any similarities with Ziggy?
"There are a few similarities, absolutely. I've always been a bit of a dreamer too, and a few of those dreams have come true! I also take pride in my appearance I'm into fashion too. I'm into men's tailoring and grooming, so I do share some similarities, but there are also some major differences too."

tammyy2j
26-11-2013, 15:22
Hollyoaks bosses are also lining up a surprise friendship for Ziggy and newcomer Leela Lomax (Kirsty-Leigh Porter).

Santino said: "Him and Leela are going to become great friends, so I've been told. I think she's going to bring out a different side to Ziggy and show he's not just a hunter who's interested in getting girls into bed. He can also be a good mate."

tammyy2j
26-11-2013, 15:22

lizann
28-11-2013, 01:11
he is well suited to leela

Perdita
22-04-2014, 20:03
Hollyoaks charmer Ziggy Roscoe will become a model for a lonely housewives website when he gets roped into one of Nana McQueen's schemes.

Ziggy gets caught up in some McQueen mischief next month when he realises that Nana (Diane Langton) is broke and tries to help her.

While Ziggy's first move is to buy Nana a bag of food shopping, she is too proud to accept his charity and instead offers her services as his new modelling agent.

Ziggy decides to hire Nana, but has no idea that her plan is for him to flex his muscles for a live webcam audience.

Fabrizio Santino, who plays Ziggy, told All About Soap: "Ziggy's a part-time model who never gets any work, and she sees him on the phone with his agent and it's bad news again. Ziggy can't believe it, so Nana finds him when he's got the hump and offers to be his agent, promising him work all over the world. He's really convinced she's going to make him huge!

"She proposes he flex his muscles in front of the camera. She comes round to the garage and takes pictures of him, and he's in his element! She fools him, really, because he doesn't quite understand what's going on.

"It's a webcam sending live feeds of him, and all he has to do is flex his muscles, talk to the women, make them feel nice about themselves and let them look at him - and they'll pay for that. He feels very awkward about it."
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/17/618x558/soaps-hollyoaks-diane-langton-nana-mcqueen.jpg
Diane Langton as Nana McQueen in Hollyoaks
© Lime Pictures
Diane Langton as Nana McQueen

Ziggy's surprising new job could also jeopardise his chances of a romance with Leela Lomax (Kirsty-Leigh Porter) when she finally agrees to go on a date with him. Just when things are going well, Nana interrupts by insisting that he gets back online.

Santino added: "They meet in the pub and it's going well until he gets a call and she thinks it's from another woman. He tries to explain, but she won't listen."

lizann
22-04-2014, 23:38
sign me up to that webcam please :p

Perdita
15-07-2014, 16:40
Hollyoaks charmer Ziggy Roscoe will show Leela Lomax how much she means to him by proposing to her.

The mechanic makes the surprising romantic gesture early next month, wanting to make amends with Leela a few days after splitting from her.
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/27/618x511/soaps-hollyoaks-fabrizio-santino-ziggy-roscoe.jpg
Fabrizio Santino as Ziggy Roscoe in Hollyoaks
© Lime Pictures
Fabrizio Santino as Ziggy Roscoe

As first revealed at the weekend, future episodes see Ziggy become determined to prove that his relationship with Leela is more than just a fling.

Ziggy's first attempt sees him ask Leela (Kirsty-Leigh Porter) to move in with him, but when she rejects the suggestion, he rashly decides to end their romance in a moment of frustration.

Although Ziggy later regrets being so hasty, he fears that he could have ruined things for good when Leela's ex-boyfriend Cameron Campbell (Cameron Moore) arrives in the village, providing him with competition.

Realising that he now needs to impress Leela more than ever, Ziggy turns up on her doorstep wearing only his boxer shorts and asks her to marry him.
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/43/618x519/soaps-hollyoaks-kirsty-leigh-porter-leela-lomax-2.jpg
Kirsty-Leigh Porter as Leela Lomax in Hollyoaks
© Lime Pictures
Kirsty-Leigh Porter as Leela Lomax

Viewers will have to wait and see how Leela responds - and whether her feelings for Ziggy still remain strong following Cameron's reappearance.

Fabrizio Santino, who plays Ziggy, told Digital Spy in May: "Ziggy is not the type of guy to back off so easily. He needs to be on his A-game now, put it that way!

"Ziggy is a lover and a fighter and it's taken him quite a while to get Leela. I think at first he thought it would just be a fling, but towards the end he actually falls for her.

"Ziggy doesn't think about the challenge anymore and he starts to think about the person, so does Leela really need Cameron?"

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Friday, August 1 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

tammyy2j
10-09-2014, 21:13
Fabrizio Santino has promised that viewers will see a new side to his character Ziggy Roscoe as his war with Cameron Campbell hots up.

Ziggy is currently in a relationship with Leela Lomax (Kirsty-Leigh Porter), but cunning Cameron is determined to win back his old flame so they can have a happy family life with their daughter Peri.

With Cameron (Cameron Moore) not prepared to give up on Leela easily, it seems that Ziggy may have to watch his back over the coming weeks.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the TV Choice Awards this week, Santino explained: "Ziggy is feeling very uncomfortable and wondering what's going to happen to him, so he's fighting and he's not impressed at all about the situation.

"I can't really say too much about Ziggy and Leela, but he's very much in love and he's trying his very best to keep her. He's constantly battling with Cameron and they're on each other's toes all the time. They're head-to-head and no matter where Ziggy goes, Cameron is there. It's a battle, really.

"You're going to see a different side to Ziggy. He says he's a lover not a fighter, but he's showing Cameron this is his domain and what he's doing is wrong.

"He's not going to let Cameron win here, so you're seeing quite a masculine side to Ziggy which is good, but Cameron will do whatever it takes to get Leela."

The actor added that he hopes Ziggy will find a new love interest if things don't work out with Leela.

He said: "Ziggy is just a loveable lothario. If it's not Leela, it would be someone else I'm sure. We don't know who yet. We don't know what's going to happen between Cameron and Leela, but hopefully Ziggy will land on his feet!"

Santino also predicted that Ziggy is unlikely to get along well with Cameron's brother Lachlan (Nick Rhys) when he is introduced later in the year, joking: "If I don't like Cameron I'm not going to like his brother, that's for sure! Will it be two against one? Well, I've got four brothers don't forget!"

lizann
27-01-2015, 20:47
With Tegan (Jessica Ellis) hiding the fact that she still has feelings for Ziggy, she even helps him as he creates a romantic calendar featuring pictures of himself to impress Leela with.

Ziggy's efforts are well-timed as Leela is also starting to realise what she had with him and wants to solidify their bond, having recently been left heartbroken when she discovered that her on-off boyfriend Cameron Campbell killed her parents.

Fabrizio Santino, who plays Ziggy, told All About Soap: "Leela tells him she's done a lot of thinking about their relationship and he suggests they give things another go. Leela says she wants to give it an even bigger go, and that's when she asks him if he'll marry her.

"Ziggy's stunned and confused. No-one's ever proposed to him before and suddenly all he can think about is Tegan again. He just doesn't know whether to marry Leela or to be with Tegan."

Santino added: "I think he should man up and tell her about what's been happening with Tegan, but he might just get swept up in the moment and agree to marry her. The question is - will these two actually make it to a wedding, or will there be interference from someone else along the way? Ziggy's quite lost in his head and needs to make the right decision."

The actor also promised that there are more serious storylines ahead for Ziggy, who has mainly featured in comical scenes since his arrival in May 2013.

He said: "We're going to explore a different side to him - a more serious one. He wants to try to do what's right for him and others. We'll see more of him working at the garage, teaming up with Darren, and he's very concerned about what's happening between Maxine and Patrick."

lizann
27-01-2015, 20:47
With Tegan (Jessica Ellis) hiding the fact that she still has feelings for Ziggy, she even helps him as he creates a romantic calendar featuring pictures of himself to impress Leela with.

Ziggy's efforts are well-timed as Leela is also starting to realise what she had with him and wants to solidify their bond, having recently been left heartbroken when she discovered that her on-off boyfriend Cameron Campbell killed her parents.

Fabrizio Santino, who plays Ziggy, told All About Soap: "Leela tells him she's done a lot of thinking about their relationship and he suggests they give things another go. Leela says she wants to give it an even bigger go, and that's when she asks him if he'll marry her.

"Ziggy's stunned and confused. No-one's ever proposed to him before and suddenly all he can think about is Tegan again. He just doesn't know whether to marry Leela or to be with Tegan."

Santino added: "I think he should man up and tell her about what's been happening with Tegan, but he might just get swept up in the moment and agree to marry her. The question is - will these two actually make it to a wedding, or will there be interference from someone else along the way? Ziggy's quite lost in his head and needs to make the right decision."

The actor also promised that there are more serious storylines ahead for Ziggy, who has mainly featured in comical scenes since his arrival in May 2013.

He said: "We're going to explore a different side to him - a more serious one. He wants to try to do what's right for him and others. We'll see more of him working at the garage, teaming up with Darren, and he's very concerned about what's happening between Maxine and Patrick."

Perdita
26-11-2015, 17:35
Hollyoaks' Ziggy Roscoe has been torn between two sisters for some time now, and it appears that he isn't the only one who is confused.

The character has spent the majority of the year battling his feelings for Tegan Lomax, despite being married to her sister Leela, but the situation will come to a head next week.

Unable to keep quiet any longer when Leela announces that they are going to try for a baby, an overwhelmed Ziggy publicly declares his feelings for Tegan.

With Ziggy torn over what to do next, actor Fabrizio Santino​ admitted that the viewers can't decide which way the love triangle should go either.

Speaking about the reaction to the plot, Santino said to Inside Soap: "It's generally 50/50 between Leela and Tegan because they are two very different relationships.

"Ziggy and Leela have lots of banter, and there is more colour and charm. But when Ziggy and Tegan are together there is a whole other level of passion, tension and sensuality.

"There is an intense chemistry between them and I think deep down the fans are rooting for Ziggy and Tegan to get together because they can see how much he loves her."

And despite Ziggy's feelings for Tegan now being out in the open, Santino isn't holding out much hope for a happy ending.

He said: "Ziggy and Tegan are madly in love with each other, but no matter how many times they tell each other that, Leela will always be in their way.

"Ziggy wants to do the right thing and stand by his wife, while Tegan doesn't want to hurt her sister. I think they are both as frightened as each other when it comes to making a go of things as a couple, so there is a lot of frustration and jealousy.

"It is a horrible position to be in and there are some very messy storylines set to follow."

Perdita
23-12-2015, 20:16
Ho, ho... oh no! Christmas in Soapland can certainly be cruel - as fans of Hollyoaks charmer Ziggy Roscoe just found out.

A tragic storyline twist in the show's festive special saw Ziggy die suddenly as a result of a head injury he'd suffered in the recent explosion at Leela Lomax's flat.

Have you picked your jaw up from the floor and dried your tears by now? If so, read on to find out what Fabrizio Santino - who played Ziggy - had to say about his shock exit, in an exclusive chat with Digital Spy...

How are you feeling now that your time on the show is over?

"I'm sad! It's been a long three years and I've worked very hard. I've also built good relationships up with a lot of the cast. Hollyoaks is a big part of my life and leaving is not an easy thing to do, but I'm an ambitious guy and sometimes you have to move on."

What was the main reason for leaving?

"It just got to the point where I was in my third year and I was itching to do more. Hollyoaks is a great show and it was a good platform for me, but it's just one of those things where you know in your gut when you're ready to try something else. Being 33 myself, I kind of felt that it was time for another challenge and progression."

How did you feel about being killed off? Would you have preferred the door to have been left open?

"When they leave the door open, it's fantastic as it gives you a safety net. But I think this is a powerful ending for Ziggy. It's a graceful death, rather than a quick and easy one.

"I think I come out as the hero, too. That's exactly how I'd like to be seen, because Ziggy was never a malicious guy or a nasty person. He never really did anything bad, apart from cheat on all his girlfriends! When I heard that he'd have this graceful death, I accepted it and decided to make the most of it."
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/49/1280x854/gallery-soaps-hollyoaks-w51-e4283-08-1.jpg
​Ziggy kicks down the door and calls for Leela to get out
© Lime Pictures
Nobody had a clue you were leaving. What kind of reaction are you expecting from the fans?

"Hollyoaks really wanted to keep it quiet, so I think it's going to be a massive shock to the system for the fans. I'm going to sound biased here, but the fans do love Ziggy. I judge that from my Twitter comments and the feedback I get on the street. I've never had a bad thing said about my character.

"I think a lot of those fans will be sad that they're not going to see Ziggy again. But at the end of the day, I hope that they'll always be my fans no matter what I do."

The other Roscoes had all of the dramatic storylines revolving around stunts, guns and gangsters. Did you ever feel like you were missing out?

"Good question! I'm a character actor, and a lot of my stuff was very dialogue-driven because it was comedy. I'm not like Ziggy, so I enjoyed getting into character and finding his idiosyncrasies.

"When I was given something physical to do, it was lovely. It was amazing hanging off drain pipes or window ledges, or getting to chase Danny Mac through the village! But I think on a performance level, it's more of a challenge tackling tough dialogue than having a gun in your hand or chasing someone down the road, put it that way."

How was your last day on set?

"It was a day filled with emotion, really. I was quite close to the other Roscoes, Jess Ellis and Kirsty-Leigh Porter in particular. I'd had a lot of intimate scenes with the two girls and we're good friends, so it's like losing your mate when you know that you're not going to see them anymore.

"On the last day even the directors got emotional - I couldn't believe it. All the team came down with a nice Hollyoaks plaque that everyone had signed with their thoughts and feelings about me. It was nice and a couple of speeches were given. I also gave a speech, just to thank them for employing me for three years and giving me the opportunity."
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/47/1280x854/gallery-1447862442-soaps-w49-e4266-01.jpg
Ziggy is frustrated with Leela
© Lime Pictures
Who do you think was 'The One' for Ziggy out of Leela and Tegan?

"God, how can I answer that one? Before Tegan came into the picture, it was Leela that he wanted. Then one day he went: 'Whoa, I think I fancy your sister as well!'

"I think Ziggy likes the challenge. If you make it too easy for him, he'll get bored of you. I don't think I can possibly choose between Leela or Tegan, because I think he loved them both very, very much. Towards the end he wanted Tegan more, but the question is, how long would he have stayed with her? That's the question you should be asking me!"

Where would you like to be in two years' time?

"Like I say, I love character-driven roles. I'd like to go back to film and possibly some period drama. I don't know about soap, because I've done it. It was fantastic, but I think I'd like to do something else. I'd even like to do a good bit of theatre. That will discipline any actor, because you tend to get a bit lazy on a soap."
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/38/1280x853/gallery_soaps-hollyoaks-4222-4.jpg
Ziggy has a great time at the club, unaware that he's in a gay bar
© Lime Pictures
Would you like to look into opportunities over in the US?

"Who wouldn't? I think that's every actor's dream. I have been approached to go over there, but I'm not in any rush because I've got other things I need to do first. I speak full Italian, so I was even thinking of seeing if I can work over in Italy as a British-Italian actor. So I've got lots of thoughts. I'm having meetings with my agent constantly about different plans."

Do you have any final thoughts on playing Ziggy?

"Before I joined the show three years ago, I was a struggling actor. But I guess they had faith in me and the boys when they cast us. Let's not forget that 2,000 people applied for the roles of the Roscoe brothers and 5 got the parts. When you've been doing it for 3 years, it's a really hard meeting to have when you need to say that you want to move on. But Hollyoaks was an unforgettable experience and I hope they don't forget about me!"