PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Dingle (Jane Cox)

Petal
15-10-2006, 04:57
Why is it that Zak and Lisa think they have more of a right to raise Sarah over Andy, don't they realise she should be with her father rather then her great grandfather and his wife.

Katy
15-10-2006, 19:09
ey, but rememebr shes a Dingle and its Dingle family way that they should all be together.

Chris_2k11
15-10-2006, 21:45
I don't really like this storyline, I think it's boring. I'm sure it will get better now Emily's back though.

Katy
16-10-2006, 16:21
I know what you mean Emilys the key part without her its boring.

Petal
16-10-2006, 20:42
I'd like to see Debbie act or better yet become a mother, or for Andy to finally realise Katie really doesn't want Sarah around, this will make a much better twist.

southlundon
12-01-2011, 16:11
Hi all - first time posting a new thread so please be gentle!

I'm finding the current rape storyline really hard to watch (which is because it's so well written) and I can't wait for Derek to get his comeuppance. Trouble is, all the information I can find about what's coming up in the soap is relating to the fire.

I appreciate that losing loved characters from a show is bigger news but this particular plot is such a big one in itself that it's a shame that it's almost been tucked away with the other smaller storylines - does anyone else feel this?

If anyone has any information on when (or if?) Derek is going to get found out and hopefully duffed up by Zak, please point me to it! :bow:

tammyy2j
12-01-2011, 16:16
I must give huge credit to the writers of Emmerdale and Jane Cox who plays Lisa for this storyline which was kept under wraps until it happened as the acting and writing has been great

I think Zak and others might suspect an affair between Lisa and Derek as they used sorta flirt with each other and the other factory girls commented that Derek had the hots for Lisa.

I'm sure once the truth come out Dingle justice will be given out to Derek i.e. a good hammering

Lisa confided in Debbie she was raped but didnt name Derek as the culprit

TaintedLove
14-01-2011, 07:27
*waves*
Hiya southlundon...welcome
:D
The rules are that new posters buys snacks for the rest of us....Jaffa Cakes here please :D

I found the rape storyline very hard to watch too. Credit goes to both the actors and the writers. I`ve always loved loved Lisa, and glad she finally got a storyline that she can get her teeth into. I hopes she wins an award for her portrayal as a rape victim.
The actor who plays Derek is very good too. Wow what a Jeckyl and Hyde character he is. I can`t wait tiol he gets his comeuppance - I hope delivered Dingle style by Zak and Cain.

Chloe O'brien
14-01-2011, 23:52
I must give huge credit to the writers of Emmerdale and Jane Cox who plays Lisa for this storyline which was kept under wraps until it happened as the acting and writing has been great

I think Zak and others might suspect an affair between Lisa and Derek as they used sorta flirt with each other and the other factory girls commented that Derek had the hots for Lisa.

I'm sure once the truth come out Dingle justice will be given out to Derek i.e. a good hammering

If you go back to when Derek first appeard and in the scenes he's had with Lisa. Lisa hasn't done any flirting it was him and the girls in the factory picked up on it thinking they were having harmless fun pulling Lisa's leg. It wouldn't surprise me if Derek has done this before. It says in the spoiler thread that it's Zak and Lisa's anniversay the week after next so maybe we will find out then

katieb
19-01-2011, 11:33
I agree, its been so horrible to watch, and why Lisa? Poor Lisa, give her a nice story line for once.

Credit to the writers and the actors for their potrayal of something like this, they've done it so well. I just want the horrible, horrible man to get his comeuppance- a good ol'fashined duffing up from Zak and Cain!

lizann
21-01-2011, 10:54

The actress who plays Lisa is doing great in this storyline

Chloe O'brien
22-01-2011, 16:31
I hope Lisa tells Debbie soon that it was Derek. He needs to get hs cummupance.

inkyskin
30-01-2011, 21:40
i'm wondering whether lisa will crack or debbie will do something..Zac will go mental

alan45
13-02-2011, 00:53
Derek and Lisa's dark Emmerdale storyline comes back to the forefront of the soap later this month as Lisa faces a heartwrenching dilemma.

When Derek starts getting close to Lizzie at the factory, Lisa is plagued with worry about their growing bond - well aware of Derek's true colours and how dangerous he is.

Lizzie soon admits that she fancies Derek, and while Lisa is desperate to warn her off, she finds herself unable to do so because she doesn't want to reveal her rape ordeal.

With no other option, Lisa confronts Derek directly - angrily warning him to stay away from Lizzie. However, Lisa is left sickened when Derek says that she can't tell him what to do just because they "had a fling".

Following the confrontation, will Lisa carry on keeping quiet or could she be about to make the most difficult confession of her life?

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/06/550w_sunday_soap_13feb_emmerdale_1.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/06/550w_sunday_soap_13feb_emmerdale_2.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/06/550w_sunday_soap_13feb_emmerdale_3.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/06/550w_sunday_soap_13feb_emmerdale_4.jpg

These scenes air on Wednesday, February 23 at 7pm on ITV

alan45
15-02-2011, 16:51
Being raped is a nightmare in itself, so spare a thought for Emmerdale's Lisa Dingle - who then has to drop the bombshell to husband Zak.

The factory worker, who is played by Jane Cox, was assaulted by Derek Benrose, but had been too shell-shocked to reveal what happened until finding her courage in scenes airing next week.

"It's incredibly difficult - Lisa realises she should have told Zak ages ago but it was too difficult at the time," Jane said.

"Like any kind of lies, the truth always outs in the end. Zak's devastated that he couldn't do anything to help her or stop it from happening. Zak welcomed Derek into their home so he feels a pang of guilt and a sense of responsibility."

Jane is glad when Lisa's secret comes out in the open.

"It's a relief to her. I don't think she could have gone on much longer in that situation alone," she continued.

"The burden has been like a volcano ready to erupt so there's definitely a sense of relief. However it opens a whole new can of worms, there's a whole host of new problems as obviously she has to tell Zak and explain what's happened to Belle and Sam in the best way she can."

alan45
15-02-2011, 19:59
Emmerdale star Jane Cox has explained that her character Lisa Dingle feels relieved after she finally opens up about her rape ordeal.

Next week's episodes of the soap see Lisa tell her friends and family that she was sexually assaulted by Derek Benrose (Stephen Bent) after suffering in silence for several weeks.

Lisa makes her confession after noticing that Derek is getting close to Lizzie Lakely (Kitty McGeever), making her realise that she has to speak up.

Speaking about the impact of Lisa's decision, Cox told Inside Soap: "It's very difficult for Lizzie to comprehend - but most people know Lisa well enough to take her at her word."

She continued: "I don't think she could have gone much longer in that situation alone. The burden has been like a volcano waiting to erupt so there's definitely a sense of relief. But Lisa has opened a whole new can of worms now."

Following Lisa's confession, it will not be immediately clear whether Derek will be brought to justice.

Cox added: "The police are kind but they're aware of how long it's taken Lisa to come forward, and that may jeopardise any investigation. The question now is whether there's enough evidence."

Chloe O'brien
20-02-2011, 16:34
I bet this is not the first time Derek has rapped women. I think it will take a few more victims to come forward for him to be bought to justice.

heardki
24-02-2011, 20:29
Emmerdale was brillant tonight, good for Lisa, for finally telling everyone, can't wait untill tomorrow

xCharleyx
24-02-2011, 21:05
I don't watch Emmerdale alot but I thought tonight's episode's were brilliant, the way that Lisa came out with it and everyone in the factory knew straight away that she was telling the truth. The scene's at the end of the second episode where she told Zak were very powerful too, she didn't have to say the words because Zak just knew and when she broke down in his arms I had tears in my eyes. I hope that Jane who plays her wins an award for her amazing acting in this storyline.

alan45
24-02-2011, 21:09
Jane Cox was on superb form tonight as Lisa Dingle in a well scripted and acted performance . Well done to all at Emmerdale

tammyy2j
24-02-2011, 21:34
The scene where Lisa was telling Zak was heartbreaking well done to Jane and Steve

The way Derek was tonight I think he might have attacked others in the past

I'm glad all the factory girls believed Lisa and I think Jai does also

southlundon
25-02-2011, 15:37
I think this has been written brilliantly and the way Zak held her at the end of the 2nd ep last night certainly brought tears to my eye.s I just hope people remember this amazing acting when the awards are decided upon in months' time :/

Perdita
25-02-2011, 15:48
I was glad to see Zak react that way too, could have easily turned round and blamed Lisa for it happening. Very well acted!!!

Chloe O'brien
26-02-2011, 00:16
I was more proud of the way they handled Lisa teling Belle. She didn't tell Belle the whole truth just that she had been attacked and hurt. Well done to Jane and Co for the way they are highlighting this story.

southlundon
01-03-2011, 09:23
I am so glad they didn't drag this out much longer - the scenes last week were heartbreaking. The actors are really showing their stuff, aren't they.

I bet he gets off though :(

alan45
05-03-2011, 21:27
http://i2.cdnds.net/11/09/550w_emmerdale_5868_1.jpg

After weeks of trying to bottle up his rage, Zak finally flips and goes on the hunt for rapist Derek.
Lisa and Zak are devastated when the police call with bad news. Unfortunately there isn't enough evidence to prosecute Derek for his crimes.
While Lisa puts on a brave face - determined not to let it ruin their lives, Zak can barely contain his fury.
Deciding that he needs to get revenge for his wife, Zak storms Derek's house intent on administering his own brand of Dingle justice.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/09/550w_emmerdale_5868_2.jpg

But even as Derek quakes under Zak's righteous indignation, Lisa is in a race against time to stop her husband, before he murders the man who raped her.
Will Lisa get to Zak in time?
Or will dastardly Derek get what he deserves?

Follow all the action from Monday, 14th March.

alan45
14-04-2011, 01:26
Emmerdale actress Jane Cox has said that the current plot surrounding the aftermath of Lisa Dingle's rape is important to debunk the myths of sexual assault.

Recently, it was revealed that Lisa was raped by family friend Derek Benrose (Stephen Bent), and the following weeks have seen the Dingle family and Lisa's friends and colleagues deal with the fallout of the revelation.

Speaking to TV Times, Cox said that the plot uncovered many of the prejudices people held towards the type of women that are victims of sexual assault.

She explained: "People have preconceived ideas about what a rape victim looks like, but it's not about being young and beautiful - rape is all about power and control.

"Telly is often all glamour and airbrushing. People have said on internet forums, 'Who would want to rape Lisa Dingle?' but that's what has people interested. Anyone can be a rape victim.

"The majority of rapes are committed by men that women know and trust. That's why I think this storyline is so brilliant - it's got people thinking."

Cox also admitted that she was concerned about how co-star Bent would be treated in public following the harrowing storyline.

"I was worried about Steve. He's such a lovely man and a generous actor. I didn't want people to hound him, thinking he was like Derek. That hasn't happened, which I'm pleased about," she added.

Perdita
28-04-2011, 12:22
Emmerdale's Jane Cox hopes Lisa and Zak Dingle's marriage will survive the trauma of Lisa's rape trial.

Jane has played Lisa for 15 years, but recently faced her biggest acting challenge to date when her alter ego was raped by former friend Derek Benrose, and the stress of the upcoming trial has left her marriage in tatters.

Lisa told Inside Soap magazine: "I couldn't bear it if Zak and Lisa split up properly. Steve Halliwell (Zak) and I are virtually married ourselves!"

Jane's performances since the rape happened have received plaudits from many people and she is tipped to do well at next month's British Soap Awards.

But Jane is most pleased by the response from those unfortunate enough to have gone through a similar experience to Lisa's.

"I've been surprised when people have said nice things about my performance," the actress said. "If our storyline helps anyone, that's great."

PA

alan45
29-04-2011, 00:03
A bit more from Inside Soap

Jane Cox has revealed that she would be very unhappy if her Emmerdale character Lisa Dingle were to split from her husband Zak (Steve Halliwell).

Fans of the Dales-based soap have seen the Dingles gripped in a crisis, after Lisa revealed that she was raped by family friend Derek Benrose (Stephen Bent).

Zak has struggled to cope with the aftermath of the trauma, which has put an increasing strain on his relationship with a confused and hurt Lisa.

Cox told Inside Soap that she is flattered by the warm reception the plot has received from fans.

"I've been surprised when people have said nice things about my performance," she explained. "If our storyline helps anyone, that's great."

However, the actress said that she hopes Zak and Lisa are able to resolve their issues and return to their marriage.

"I couldn't bear it if Zak and Lisa split up properly," she explained. "Steve Halliwell and I are virtually married ourselves!"

Previously, Cox said that the rape storyline is important to debunk the myths of sexual assault.

Perdita
26-06-2013, 18:05
Emmerdale star Jane Cox has admitted that she was nervous about filming the latest crisis for the Dingle family.

Tonight's episode (June 26) sees the actress's character Lisa Dingle react furiously when she learns that her daughter Belle's health scare has been caused by wayward Debbie (Charley Webb).

Fans have seen Belle (Eden Taylor-Draper) rushed to hospital in a bad state this week after drinking some of Debbie's dodgy vodka.

Cox told itv.com: "Lisa just sees red. She just wants to kill Debbie! How dare she nearly kill her daughter?"

Although Debbie is apologetic, Lisa is in no mood for forgiveness as she pushes her out of Belle's hospital room in a rage.

Cox continued: "Slamming Debbie Dingle across the corridor and into the family room, the adrenaline rush was massive - and it was quite exciting actually at the time! Although, I dreaded that day so much. I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to get to the right kind of pitch and I don't want to let anybody down.

"What Debbie's done is beyond reproach. It's beyond Dingle law. To harm another member of the Dingle family is the worst thing you could do. For the Dingles and for the family, Debbie is now an outcast."

heydrich39
27-06-2013, 14:00
After everything the dingles have done in the past this was pretty mild.

Perdita
07-11-2013, 10:53
Former Emmerdale star Lisa Riley has confirmed that she won't be returning to the soap.

The actress played Mandy Dingle from 1995 to 2001 and also took part in last year's series of Strictly Come Dancing where she got eliminated in the semi-final.

When asked if she would ever return to Emmerdale, Riley said to the Radio Times: "They keep asking me. No. I'm an actor. I don't agree with actors who stay in soaps for ages, like more than ten years. It's not acting to me.

"You're playing the same character over and over again. You need to go off and be an actor. That's why we do what we do. It's not about being famous or anything like that, it's about doing our craft and that's playing different roles. I sort of pride myself on that.

"It's flattering. The public are like, 'Go back, go back'. But I've done that. But they think it's weird why I wouldn't go back."

Speaking about future roles, Riley said in her autobiography Never Judge a Book By Its Cover: "I just want to do a period drama more than anything else. I'm perfect. I'm fat, you know, I can be the cook downstairs. I'm perfect for it.

"Not Downton. That's been done to death. I want to play like an alternative Miss Havisham in Great Expectations. I think it should be a modern day Great Expectations - that would be my absolute dream role."

Riley's autobiography Never Judge a Book By Its Cover is on sale from today (November 7).

lizann
07-11-2013, 21:24
lisa played mandy dingle not lisa dingle :p

Perdita
08-11-2013, 04:52
Yes, she did ... hahaha, got her real name mixed up with a character name .. dohhh :o :lol:

tammyy2j
04-03-2014, 00:11
Lisa Dingle is at the centre of a big storyline this fortnight as she repeatedly urges her teenage daughter Belle to keep quiet over her violent clash with best friend Gemma Andrews.

A new plot on the ITV soap sees Gemma pass away in hospital after being injured in a scuffle with Belle (Eden Taylor-Draper).

With the circumstances surrounding Gemma's demise unclear to everyone else in the village, Belle wants to tell the police everything. However, when Belle confesses to her mum, Lisa advises her to keep the secret to herself.

What did you think when you first heard about this storyline?
"I thought that it was a huge story for a young person to do, and also a massive thing for the character of Belle to have to go through. I didn't know quite how it was going to play out until we started to film it, and since then it's been very emotional and intense."

Are you pleased for Eden as she's been given such a big story?
"I am excited for Eden - I think she's a wonderful, accomplished young actor and she's really developing incredibly well. Throughout this whole filming period, I've been so impressed by her professionalism and her emotional commitment to the whole story. I am very excited that she is being entrusted with it, and she can certainly carry it off as well as any other actor."

Will Belle's actions change the Dingles forever?
"The story will necessarily change the Dingles because somebody dying is such a huge thing, whether somebody is responsible for it or not. Gemma has been a close friend of Belle's and she's so young, so it will definitely have a knock-on effect."

Why is Lisa so adamant that Belle should keep quiet about what happened?
"From what Belle has told her, Lisa knows that it was an accident so she feels that it wouldn't do any good for Belle to go and say, 'Look, I killed her'. Clearly she hasn't - she did push her, but it was something that happened in the spur of the moment and Gemma got up afterwards.

"Belle thinks that she has killed Gemma, but there wasn't any premeditation or anything like that. Lisa knows that there was no intent from Belle for this to happen - it was a terrible accident that could happen to anyone at any time. Yes Belle and Gemma were cross with each other, but they're kids and it wasn't a deliberate thing."

Does Zak have any inkling that Lisa is keeping something so major from him?
"I think he does. They do have a few words and Zak says, 'I know something is up', but Lisa just says, 'I'm doing the best I can and you have to trust me'."

Ahead of Gemma's funeral, Belle goes missing for a while. How does Lisa react?
"Lisa obviously knows the pressures on Belle, as Belle thinks she has killed her best friend and so she runs off. Lisa doesn't know where on earth Belle is. Anything could have happened to her - her guilt could have made her do anything. She could have done something awful to herself, and that's what Lisa fears."

Fortunately, Belle returns and later goes through with attending Gemma's funeral. Can you tell us about those scenes?
"They were really awful to film. The thing that really set me off as a person was this lovely choir that we had there, singing 'Don't You Worry Child'. It was the purity of the voices. They were just normal kids and so beautiful as they were singing. There was obviously also a coffin there beside us, so I just couldn't stop crying. It was very sad.

"I'm sure it will be very emotional for the viewers to watch, too. A young girl has died, her father is there grieving and so it's an emotional day. Lisa is the only one there who knows what Belle is going through and she doesn't know what on earth Belle is going to say. Belle gets up and she starts to say something that Lisa thinks will be a confession, but luckily she doesn't go through with it. Instead she reads the lyrics to a song that Gemma liked."

Later, Belle does another disappearing act. Does Lisa think that she has confessed to the police?
"Belle rushes out of the church after the funeral, so Lisa thinks that if Belle hasn't gone home, she's gone straight to the police station."

Cain soon starts to become suspicious. Why is that?
"Cain's antennae are always out for the slightest thing! He notices that Lisa is acting a bit oddly. He's sharp as a knife."

Is Lisa relieved when she later decides to share the burden with Chas and Cain?
"By that point, Lisa is so anxious about Belle that she just blurts it out. She is very relieved that she's got them both with her. Chas and Cain absolutely agree that they should all keep it a secret. Cain is very frightened of what the truth could do to Zak, and he's also aware of what it's like to be involved with the police."

Is Lisa tempted to be honest with Zak too?
"I think she is tempted later on, but at this point she really doesn't want him to know. She is terrified that he could get ill again."

It's such a big secret - could it split Lisa and Zak up?
"I think it could, because of the underlying currents of what's going on. They row and later on in the story, they'll want different courses of action."

What advice would you give to Lisa?
"I think if I was a friend of Lisa's, I would advise her to go to the police with Belle and not be afraid to tell the truth, because it really was an accident."

tammyy2j
04-03-2014, 00:11

tammyy2j
23-09-2014, 00:19
Lisa Dingle will find her health taking a worrying turn next week as her financial worries mount.

When bailiffs arrive following Sam's increasing debt, a desperate Lisa does her best to find the cash but is left regretting her actions when she is caught red handed.

When Lisa makes a further sacrifice in order to spend time with her jailed daughter Belle, it is one step too far for her boss Jai and he gives Lisa the sack.

However, the stress becomes too much for Lisa and she is rushed into hospital after having a funny turn.

Here, Jane Cox - who plays Lisa - discusses the worrying time ahead for her character.

Lisa has had a lot of stress recently. How is she coping with it?
"Well, as Lisa does she just carries on. She makes herself busy, she tries to do the best she can for the family. And because she feels that she's the only one that can hold everybody together and everything, she just carries on. That's all she feels she can do, she just carries on."

What happens when the bailiffs turn up, does Lisa deal with it or is it becoming too much for her?
"Well it's a big shock to find out that something that Sam has been doing has caused the bailiffs to come take away their stuff. And then that leads them to find out more about Sam's increasing debts. And she finds out that he's got a credit card and all of these things have been going on. She always thought that Tracy was a really bad one and this is confirming it to her. So it's another terrible pressure because poor Sam is in this trouble."

Sam is quite a vulnerable person as well, isn't he?
"Yeah he's very vulnerable and always been preyed on by people, she feels. He's had a terrible time."

How does Sam react when they confront him? Do they have any idea about how much trouble he's in?
"He's upset and ashamed I think. And he doesn't quite realise how much trouble he is in. But this is hitting home to him with the bailiffs coming, he doesn't know what to do. I think it's hit him quite badly."

What does Lucy do to try to handle Sam's debt?
"Well it's thousands and they really have a go at him, her and Zach. She tries to think of anything she can do to make it better and so she goes to Debbie, hoping that Debbie might have quite a lot of money to be able to give but unfortunately Debbie's only got very little. It's like a drop in the ocean of Sam's debts. Lisa is so desperate and when she notices a petty cash tin in Jai's office, Lisa just on the spur of the moment quickly decides to take this money, which is something she wouldn't normally do. Then she feels terribly guilty and tries to put it back but then can't because Rishi is now there. When she does finally put it back, Jai walks in and thinks she's stealing it."

How does she feel when she's caught and given a warning by Jai?
"When she is caught by Jai and given a warning she feels absolutely terrible. But she is cross with him because what's pushed her to this as well is the fact that she can't have any time off for when her daughter comes home. She is really under such huge pressure, but she feels so upset and embarrassed because he tells her off in front of the whole factory. This is completely out of character for her. It is desperation."

What physical effects is she now experiencing, and why doesn't she tell anyone about her first funny turn?
"She is suddenly getting shorter breath, her heart is racing and she's started to feel pains in her chest. But she dismisses it because she doesn't want to worry anybody and she knows there's lots to get on with."

Is she worried herself? Does she think there's something up with her or is she just blind to it?
"No, she is worried. She is quite worried. So she does take herself to the doctor but she doesn't tell anybody about it. And the doctor says she's got to go and get checked over, but she doesn't go."

Belle comes back for a visit next week. Is Lisa pleased to see her?
"Oh Lisa's overjoyed to think Belle's coming home. She's been busy tidying the place an getting food ready, but unfortunately she has to go to work on the day that Belle comes back for a day visit which she's distraught about. She had already asked Jai, but he's not given her the time off so she's just on the point of crying all the time really at that. So she goes back to work and she can see Belle's really upset that she's not going to be there. But she is very excited to have her coming back."

Can you tell us how Lisa ends up getting fired?
"Well she goes back to work and then Kerry persuades her that Jai's busy doing something else, so nobody will notice if she isn't there. So stupidly she just whizzes out. In some ways stupidly, bus she's so desperate to see her daughter. She goes home and what she doesn't know is that Jai has seen her go. So she's at home with Belle and she pretends that she's been let out early, and then Jai turns up at the house and fires her. Which is another devastating thing again, in front of Belle."

What happens next?
"Lisa is feeling distraught and stressed, and whizzing up to the factory and back down again and not knowing what to do. She has also lied to Zak because Zak thinks that Jai is totally unfair firing her, and Lisa obviously hasn't told him that she nearly stole the petty cash. So Zak doesn't know what she's talking about. Zak doesn't know why Jai's suddenly come in and done this. And of course she hasn't told Zak that he didn't give her the time off. She's said to them that she's been allowed home. So they don't know anything about that. Lisa says, 'Leave it with me, I'll go to sort it out' and she goes back up to the factory to plead for the job. She needs it and they need the money. She pleads with Jai but her stress levels by now are nearly hitting the roof.

Does Jai start to sympathise with her?
"Oh no, Jai's having none of it. He is being very harsh - he has got his own problems that Lisa doesn't know about obviously. He's being very, very harsh and a bit unlike him because he's been quite kind in the long past. But he's being very not sympathetic to Lisa whatsoever at this point."

Lisa then collapses. Can you tell us what happens after this?
"Having realised that she is not going to get her job back from Jai, she kind of whizzes out of the office and then she gets a massive pain and can't breathe. She feels sick and is terrified because she feels like she's going to die. She's been given a spray by the doctor, but she can't reach it and she's stuck there. The ambulance comes and takes her away but she's devastated to think Belle might find out that this has happened to her and would it could do to Belle. She's terrified."

Zak blames Jai for Lisa's health problems. Why?
"He blames Jai because he doesn't know really what Lisa has told him is not entirely the truth, so Zak loathes Jai for that reason."

Lisa signs herself out of hospital. Does she realise how dangerous this is, and why does she do it?
"I think Lisa is feeling a bit better but not much. She is a bit better because she's had monitoring and her blood pressure has gone down a bit. I think she just feels that she hasn't got time to stay in hospital because there is just too much she's got to do. She has a family that needs her. She needs to get on and she needs to sort out things. She also needs to get her job back."

What do you think the future holds for Lisa?
"Although angina is a horrible heart illness, it's not necessarily life threatening. It's different from a heart attack - it's not the same as that. So what Lisa will immediately have to do is to try and take a bit more care with her health and try to alleviate the stress, although how she can in her family is easier said than done. It is the same for so many women who have so got much to juggle and particularly women who have low paid jobs and who maybe do two jobs at the same time."

]

alan45
23-12-2014, 01:06
E...

alan45
23-12-2014, 01:06
Emmerdale couple Lisa and Zak Dingle will worry further about their daughter Belle next week after she becomes embroiled in a drugs scandal.

Upcoming episodes see Belle (Eden Taylor-Draper) start taking legal highs which are supplied by her friend Lachlan White, as she sees them as the only way she can block out the 'voice' of her late friend Gemma Andrews.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/44/618x554/lisa_dingle.jpg
© ITV
Jane Cox as Lisa Dingle

The troubled teenager also encourages Lachlan (Thomas Atkinson) to take a pill himself, but this has dire consequences when he suffers a shock seizure and is rushed to hospital.

Here, Jane Cox - who plays Lisa - reveals how Belle's parents will respond to her latest problems.

How is Lisa feeling about Belle's recent behaviour?
"Lisa realises that Belle isn't coping very well and she is incredibly concerned for her. Belle is quite subdued and she certainly isn't the same girl who went away after the trial. Everything that has happened has had a dramatic effect on her.

"Lisa keeps trying to tell Zak that there's something not quite right with Belle at the moment, but he doesn't seem to be able to see it. She is exasperated that Zak can't see there's something more than Belle just not being able to cope. Lisa feels that there is actually something disturbing Belle."

How do Lisa and Zak find out that Belle has been taking legal highs?
"Lisa and Zak are playing with Samson on New Year's Eve when he finds what he thinks is a sweet on the floor. He's about to eat it when Zak takes it off him. Lisa thinks there is something wrong because it looks like a tablet.

"Samson then says that he's seen Belle eating one of these 'sweeties', so that raises alarm bells for Lisa and Zak. They know they're definitely not sweets!"

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/49/618x419/soaps-emmerdale-7067-1.jpg
© ITV
Lisa and Zak are concerned for Belle

How do they react?
"Lisa and Zak both want an honest dialogue with Belle after this. They want to tell Belle that they know about the tablets and it's something she simply must not do again. Belle says they're 'only legal highs', as if they're nothing important or harmful.

"Lisa and Zak then frighten Belle a little bit by asking whether she'd give one of these tablets to Samson. That stumps Belle, because she clearly wouldn't, so she promises that she won't take them again.

"Before this, I think Belle thought they were harmless. Being a teenager, she wouldn't have realised that legal highs are in fact very harmful. People put these things on the market, but they haven't been tested on anything and nobody really knows what's in them. Anything could happen to people if they take them."

How does Lisa hear about Lachlan's collapse?
"By this point, Belle has said that she's never going to take the pills again, so Lisa and Zak take pity on her. They let her go up to the big house because she wants to go and hang out with Lachlan there.

"The next thing that happens is that Belle suddenly rushes back to the Dingles' house in a terrible state, saying that Lachlan has collapsed. She admits that she has left him there and it's to do with these legal highs.

"Lisa also finds out that there wasn't anybody there looking out for them at the house. Lachlan's mother Chrissie should have been there, but nobody was. Lachlan and Belle had the place to themselves and could do whatever they wanted, which led to them taking these legal highs."

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/49/618x393/soaps-emmerdale-7068-2.jpg
© ITV
Belle is horrified when Lachlan won't wake up

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/49/618x424/soaps-emmerdale-7069-5.jpg
© ITV
Belle blames herself for Lachlan's fit

Do the Dingles have a long road ahead with Belle?
"They do, but at the moment they're just having to take each day as it comes because things are seeming to happen one after the other. Lisa and Zak know that something is troubling Belle because she's already been very upset in the village, she trashed David's shop and she has been drinking again.

"Lisa also finds out about Belle breaking into Edna's house and she can't possibly understand how that could have come about."

Are you proud of Eden's work on the storyline so far?
"Oh my goodness, that young actress has grown and it seems to me that she picks up and runs with any acting challenge that the Emmerdale team throw at her. She's working really hard on the storyline and I'm so impressed at her commitment and truthfulness when she's approaching a very difficult storyline.

"Eden has done research because you have to take these tasks seriously as an actor. It's part of one's job to be truthful in the representation of the character and what they go through. People do go through this in real life, so it is important and Eden is just being a fantastic actor and a very responsible person.

"There are also a lot of troubled youngsters out there in real life. I'm not saying everybody will be like Belle, but I think youngsters need people to talk to about things and they need a lot of support, because there is a lot of pressure on young people today."

tammyy2j
17-11-2015, 15:21
Where is Lisa?

sarah c
20-11-2015, 12:23
Where is Lisa?

visiting Granny Clegg again..

Telly Watcher
08-12-2015, 01:25
Emmerdale star Jane Cox: 'I didn't like Zak and Joanie's affair storyline'

The actress wanted Zak and Lisa to stay loyal to each other.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
8 December 2015

Emmerdale star Jane Cox has admitted that she wasn't too pleased when she first heard about the Dingle family's latest storyline.

The actress's popular character Lisa Dingle could be heading for heartbreak in the coming weeks, as her husband Zak betrays her by growing close to their friend Joanie Wright.

The infidelity plot is set to explode over the festive period on Emmerdale, as Zak's daughter Belle spots him kissing Joanie. Shocked by what she's seen, Belle then considers exposing the truth during their family's Christmas lunch.

Asked about her initial reaction to the shock storyline, Cox confessed: "I didn't like it, that's the honest truth. Lisa and Zak were the only characters whose relationship was as solid as a rock, and I felt that was a good thing for the village.

"I'm not in any way in charge of all of that, but I think in a way it's very interesting and complex and it's been good to do so far. It's been very well written, so I can buy that these things happen to people."

Revealing how she learned of the plot, Cox continued: "I kind of heard about it. We're all so busy here and don't always have time. The producer was going to see us, but of course she's so busy too, so you hear about it and then you have to tap people and ask what's happening.

"We don't have control over what happens with our stories - we're here to tell stories as best we can. These things do happen. You read of people in their seventies who suddenly aren't with each other any more, so I think it's a very human story in lots of ways, although I might not personally like it.

"It's a very human story and with the way it's been written, you can sympathise with all of the people. Nobody's perfect - we're all human aren't we?"

Cox warned that she isn't sure whether Lisa will be able to forgive Zak if Belle does choose to reveal his betrayal.

She said: "I really don't know what Lisa should do. In life this happens for some reasons and good things can come out of something terrible, so I don't know what that might mean.

"It might mean in future there might be a chance for them, but it might also mean that there isn't at all. I don't know what's going to happen in the future. But Lisa's immediate reaction would be anger!"

Emmerdale airs an hour-long episode on Christmas Day at 6.45pm on ITV.

Read more at:
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a776462/emmerdale-star-jane-cox-i-didnt-like-zak-and-joanies-affair-storyline/

tammyy2j
08-12-2015, 12:12
I agree with Jane I didn't want this affair either

sarah c
08-12-2015, 13:24
the actress is also seeming to take more and more little breaks away from the show - could this be a way for her to slow down her workload a bit?

Perdita
24-01-2016, 13:56
Lisa Dingle gets her own back on her husband’s mistress in next week’s Emmerdale with a little help from some pigs! The factory worker is nursing a broken heart after husband Zak left her for Joanie after getting steamy with her before Christmas. That affair has put a wedge between Zak & his daughter Belle, who has sided with her mum, so imagine how annoyed Lisa is when Joanie tells her to help Zak & Belle get their relationships back on track. Interfering Joanie soon realises she’s overstepped the mark when Lisa gets her revenge by dumping off Zak’s pigs at Dale view. As a result Zak suggests to Joanie they go & stay in Abe’s place in Ireland for a while & it’s left to Kerry to break the news to Belle that her dad has left the village. Belle’s adamant her mum shouldn’t find out but it’s not long before Pearl puts her foot in it & the truth comes out just as Lisa is already feeling depressed because it’s also her wedding anniversary.
Will her heartbreak bring on another angina attack?

lizann
24-01-2016, 20:45
cain banned family in ireland helping zak, dingle law

Telly Watcher
15-03-2016, 01:11
Emmerdale's Lisa Dingle will make a big decision next week after learning that her love rival Joanie Wright has got a job at the factory.

Lisa (Jane Cox) was left heartbroken at the end of last year when her husband Zak walked out on her in order to be with their friend Joanie.

Lisa has been forced to put on a brave face ever since but she will reach the end of her tether in upcoming scenes when she learns that Joanie will be working alongside her at the factory.

When a skint Joanie swallows her pride and grovels at the factory for a job, Belle and Lisa reel when they see where she's finally found work.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/05/640x425/gallery-1454596991-17-02-emmerdale-08.JPG
© ITV
Zak and Joanie arrive at Lisa's party

Although Lisa confronts her, Joanie insists that she has little choice due to the fact that she needs to support her grandson Kyle. However, Lisa is later delivered a further blow when she realises that her and Joanie are down to work the same shifts.

Despairing, Lisa tells an equally upset Belle that she is thinking of selling the house so that Zak and Joanie can be out of their way once and for all. Belle is shocked and saddened by her mother's suggestion and later confides in Chas over Lisa's plans.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/10/640x425/gallery-1457619288-21-03-emmerdale-01.JPG
© ITV
Belle and Lisa are furious

As Lisa pushes on with the plans to move and even starts packing, Belle struggles to get her head around the fact that she might have to move out of her family home.

While Belle remains firmly against the idea of moving away, ​one person who is happy about the potential house sale is Joanie and she does her best to convince Zak that it could be for the best. Will Lisa really be forced out of the house she loves? Or could Zak intervene?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday March 21, Tuesday March 22 and Thursday March 24 on ITV.

By Sophie Dainty, Digital Spy
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a786801/emmerdale-spoilers-joanie-gets-a-job-at-the-factoryand-it-prompts-lisa-to-make-a-big-decision/

lizann
10-08-2016, 19:52
is it back to lisa clegg, better lisa dingle

lizann
12-04-2018, 23:15
is jane cox leaving?

Perdita
01-05-2018, 08:05
Emmerdale has revealed that Lisa Dingle will return to the village next week.

Lisa made an abrupt departure last month after realising that arguing with her partner Zak was becoming bad for her health.

Next week's Emmerdale episodes see Lisa return earlier than she'd planned to.

Lisa reappears on Monday (May 7) following her daughter Belle's mental health relapse, which comes to a head in this Friday's episode as concern grows for her wellbeing.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/17/768x475/gallery-soaps-emmerdale-1-lisa-dingle-returns-hl76c9jjxulxw1ixpvuq-2-1.jpg
Lisa Dingle returns in Emmerdale
© ITV

When Lisa arrives back in the village, it's clear that there's plenty to talk about after everything that's happened in her absence.

Zak also gets emotional as he admits how much he's missed Lisa, but can he convince her to stay or is this just a flying visit?

Lisa headed out of Emmerdale after suffering a terrifying angina attack following a row with Zak over Liv Flaherty's Youth Offenders sentence.

Following some advice from the doctors, Lisa decided that she needed to avoid further stress for the good of her health.

https://youtu.be/5CbtkOSiZdo

Jane Cox, who plays Lisa, recently told us: "Lisa decided to leave because of her health condition. She knew that if she stayed for any longer, it wasn't going to be good for her. Being around Zak is not good for her health.

"Lisa has not been able to do anything to resolve the situation with Liv and she's very upset that Liv has been sent down. But the fallout of that is Zak has been vile to Lisa and not supported her at all. Aaron's had a go at her too, so everyone's against her.

"That's what made Lisa have the angina attack. The doctor told her that she had to calm down to get away from the stress, because it wasn't doing any good for her at all."

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday, May 7 at 7pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

lizann
07-05-2018, 22:14
is she leaving for good for the youth job in scotland?

olivia1896
08-05-2018, 03:47
is she leaving for good for the youth job in scotland?

She’ll be back

tammyy2j
14-05-2018, 00:15
It is a shame we never saw Lisa visit Charity, both could bound as rape victims

Perdita
29-08-2018, 16:48
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a865051/emmerdale-spoilers-eden-taylor-draper-lisa-dingle-return/

Please come back, Lisa :)

Perdita
08-03-2019, 20:13
Leaving for good :(

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a26765929/emmerdale-lisa-dingle-terminal-illness/

lizann
11-03-2019, 21:20
was it jane decision to leave, is she sick?

lizann
24-04-2019, 14:12
did liv's poisoning weaken her heart more, forgot that until liv mentioned it again last night

lizann
23-05-2019, 22:11
goodbye lisa

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7R0glnX4AE88yA.jpg