PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Lomas joins as Jake Stone

tammyy2j
20-06-2013, 00:07
EastEnders bosses have announced that former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas is joining the soap.

The actor, best known for playing Chester villain Warren Fox, has landed the part of Albert Square newcomer Jake Stone and will begin filming later this month.
Jake turns up in Walford following a run of bad luck, but is determined to turn his life around.

Billed as "sexy and seductive", Jake is a recovering alcoholic whose fundamental weakness is his inability to resist temptation.

As Jake settles into Walford, he initially seems to be a closed book as he keeps his secrets to himself. However, his good looks and charming nature could make him a popular arrival with some of the locals.Speaking of his new role, Lomas commented: "I'm over the moon to be joining the cast of EastEnders. I have admired the show for many years and I can't wait to start working with such a strong cast of actors. Jake Stone is a great character to play and I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into the role."

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman added: "We're delighted to welcome Jamie to the world of Walford. I have no doubt he'll make a big impact on screen as Jake Stone. The show's about to enter a really exciting period which Jamie will be a huge part of, with a great storyline allowing him to truly shine."

Lomas played the role of Warren on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, and was at the centre of some of the Channel 4 soap's most explosive storylines. He then returned for another year-long stint from late 2010.

EastEnders will air Jake's first scenes in August.

moonstorm
20-06-2013, 08:32
Guess Hollywood didn't work out for him then?

lizann
20-06-2013, 19:16

yes he wanted to be the new jason statham :p

so this is the second hubby of kym marsh on the show

maybe lauren meets him at rehab

lizann
20-06-2013, 19:16

yes he wanted to be the new jason statham :p

so this is the second hubby of kym marsh on the show

maybe lauren meets him at rehab

Perdita
04-07-2013, 09:21
EastEnders newcomer Jake Stone will be a love interest for Lauren Branning, reports have revealed.

Jake, played by former Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas, embarks on a relationship with Lauren later this summer, according to The Sun.

An EastEnders source told the newspaper: "We wanted Jake to really shake things up and he's wasted no time doing that. There are going to be real fireworks over the next few months.

"He is going to ruffle a lot of feathers."

As Jake is a recovering alcoholic, he has a lot in common with troubled Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa), and it's thought that they first meet at a support group.

An immediate romantic spark between the pair quickly leads to more, leaving a question mark over Lauren's future with her cousin and on-off boyfriend Joey (David Witts).

Lauren recently left Albert Square to check into a clinic for help dealing with her own alcohol problem. She is expected to be off screen for just over a month.

EastEnders bosses announced Lomas's casting last month, billing Jake as a "sexy and seductive" character who will keep his secrets to himself.

Speaking at the time, Lomas commented: "I'm over the moon to be joining the cast of EastEnders. I have admired the show for many years and I can't wait to start working with such a strong cast of actors. Jake Stone is a great character to play and I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into the role."

Perdita
01-08-2013, 10:47
EastEnders star Jacqueline Jossa has said that she feels lucky to work with former Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas.

It was previously reported that Lomas's character Jake will embark on a relationship with Jossa's character Lauren upon her return to Walford.

As a recovering alcoholic, Jake has a lot in common with troubled Lauren and the pair will bond over their problems with drink.

Jossa said to Inside Soap: "I'm so lucky to be working with Jamie. He was great in Hollyoaks, and when I heard the news I was like, 'Brilliant!'

"Jamie is really cool, and he gives off a great energy that makes you want to work with him.

"I'm so excited - hopefully it comes off like that on screen!"

EastEnders bosses announced Lomas's casting in June, billing Jake as a "sexy and seductive" character who keeps his secrets to himself.

Lauren will be back on screen next week after she makes a return to Albert Square following a stint in rehab.

EastEnders continues tonight at 7.30pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
06-08-2013, 14:30
EastEnders newcomer Jamie Lomas has promised that his character Jake Stone has big secrets to hide.

The former Hollyoaks actor joins the Walford soap next week, as recovering alcoholic Jake meets Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa) at a counselling session.

Jake is expected to become a big character for the BBC show over the next few months, initially seeming to be a closed book as he keeps his secrets to himself.

However, Lomas told Inside Soap: "Jake has a dark past that's going to come back to haunt him. The bosses are trying to keep the details as quiet as possible, as there's some massive stuff coming up - it's going to be explosive.

"And I like the fact that they're being so secretive - even I don't know the full extent of what he's hiding!"

Lomas played the role of killer Warren Fox on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, and later returned for another year-long stint from late 2010.

He continued: "The chance to go from one soap to another doesn't come along very often. I'm a big fan of EastEnders and have admired the show for such a long time, so it's an even better opportunity.

"I'm just hoping Jake will be nothing like Warren! The BBC tends to get rid of you once your character starts killing people, whereas I'm rather hoping that Jake's going to be sticking around!"

tammyy2j
06-08-2013, 14:30

Perdita
07-08-2013, 11:22
Emmerdale star Charley Webb has admitted that there will be some rivalry between her and brother Jamie Lomas now he has landed a role in EastEnders.

Webb has played Debbie Dingle on the ITV soap since 2002, while Lomas has landed a role as recovering alcoholic Jake Stone in the BBC soap.

Webb told the Daily Star: "At Christmas we'll have to watch all the soaps together. We've got EastEnders to watch as well this year. It'll be very exciting.

"But we won't be competing to see who's got the strongest storyline, because Emmerdale's always going to win that!"
Despite the sibling rivalry, Webb has said that the part in EastEnders came at the right time for her brother, who had been pursuing a career in America after bowing out of his role as Warren Fox in Hollyoaks.

The actress said: "He's very excited about it. Kym (Lomas, Jamie's wife and Coronation Street star) is thrilled as well. EastEnders is very gritty and he's a gritty actor, so I think it will suit him."

EastEnders airs Jamie Lomas's first scenes on Thursday, August 15 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

JustJodi
07-08-2013, 23:49
why are all the "exciting" stories supposed to be EXPLOSIVE ???????????????????????

Perdita
13-08-2013, 17:08
EastEnders' Lauren Branning receives an unexpected surprise next week as she realises that her new love interest is married.

As fans already know, recovering alcoholic Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) will strike up a bond with newcomer Jake Stone after they get to know each other at their counselling sessions.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/32/618x703/soaps-eastenders-jamie-lomas-2.jpg
Jamie Lomas as Jake.
© BBC
Jamie Lomas as Jake.

Lauren is pleased over her growing connection with Jake, but her mood suddenly changes when she spots a wedding ring on his finger and realises that he isn't available.

Former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas, who plays Jake, told Soaplife of the pair's scenes: "She's very attractive, but she is quite young. It is a gradual thing between them.

"Jake doesn't have an ulterior motive in getting to know her - he's not hiding the fact he's married, because he's just trying to help her and be a friend. That's what recovering alcoholics do. They try to be there to support each other."

Asked about Jake's wife, he replied: "They're being very secretive and not declaring too much to me at the moment. Yes, Jake is married, but he doesn't talk about his wife at first."

EastEnders airs Lomas's first scenes as Jake on Thursday (August 15).

Perdita
13-08-2013, 17:08
EastEnders' Lauren Branning receives an unexpected surprise next week as she realises that her new love interest is married.

As fans already know, recovering alcoholic Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) will strike up a bond with newcomer Jake Stone after they get to know each other at their counselling sessions.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/32/618x703/soaps-eastenders-jamie-lomas-2.jpg
Jamie Lomas as Jake.
© BBC
Jamie Lomas as Jake.

Lauren is pleased over her growing connection with Jake, but her mood suddenly changes when she spots a wedding ring on his finger and realises that he isn't available.

Former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas, who plays Jake, told Soaplife of the pair's scenes: "She's very attractive, but she is quite young. It is a gradual thing between them.

"Jake doesn't have an ulterior motive in getting to know her - he's not hiding the fact he's married, because he's just trying to help her and be a friend. That's what recovering alcoholics do. They try to be there to support each other."

Asked about Jake's wife, he replied: "They're being very secretive and not declaring too much to me at the moment. Yes, Jake is married, but he doesn't talk about his wife at first."

EastEnders airs Lomas's first scenes as Jake on Thursday (August 15).

tammyy2j
13-08-2013, 20:42
Is Sadie his wife?

He looks kinda old for Lauren to me

tammyy2j
13-08-2013, 20:42

Perdita
14-08-2013, 10:33
EastEnders newcomer Jamie Lomas has revealed that he was terrified about his first day on set.

Viewers will see the former Hollyoaks actor's first scenes on the soap tomorrow night (Thursday, August 15) as recovering alcoholic Jake.

Lomas told What's on TV: "It's bizarre. I have done the rounds really, but even though I have worked pretty much solid in the last 12 years and done a lot of soap, I was actually terrified when I walked into the studios at Elstree where EastEnders is filmed.

"The first people I saw were Patsy Palmer and Jessie Wallace, and I was like, 'Oh my God!'"

Lomas also revealed that he has lost a lot of weight since he last appeared on screen.

He said: "At Hollyoaks, you are working 12 hours a day and there is no gym there. You don't realise it, but you are eating on the move.

"I got up to 15 stone and thought, 'I need to do something now'. I started boxing. While I was in America, I was going to the Wild Card gym, which is owned by a famous trainer called Freddie Roach and since I've been back, I've been training with a friend.

"They've got a gym at Elstree, so I am coming in early to train."

Lomas played the role of killer Warren Fox on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, later returning for another stint in late 2010.

EastEnders airs his first scenes as Jake Stone on Thursday, August 15 at 7.30pm.

Perdita
14-08-2013, 10:33
EastEnders newcomer Jamie Lomas has revealed that he was terrified about his first day on set.

Viewers will see the former Hollyoaks actor's first scenes on the soap tomorrow night (Thursday, August 15) as recovering alcoholic Jake.

Lomas told What's on TV: "It's bizarre. I have done the rounds really, but even though I have worked pretty much solid in the last 12 years and done a lot of soap, I was actually terrified when I walked into the studios at Elstree where EastEnders is filmed.

"The first people I saw were Patsy Palmer and Jessie Wallace, and I was like, 'Oh my God!'"

Lomas also revealed that he has lost a lot of weight since he last appeared on screen.

He said: "At Hollyoaks, you are working 12 hours a day and there is no gym there. You don't realise it, but you are eating on the move.

"I got up to 15 stone and thought, 'I need to do something now'. I started boxing. While I was in America, I was going to the Wild Card gym, which is owned by a famous trainer called Freddie Roach and since I've been back, I've been training with a friend.

"They've got a gym at Elstree, so I am coming in early to train."

Lomas played the role of killer Warren Fox on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, later returning for another stint in late 2010.

EastEnders airs his first scenes as Jake Stone on Thursday, August 15 at 7.30pm.

lizann
15-08-2013, 22:45
Is Sadie his wife?

he was very pervy looking at lauren tonight

lizann
15-08-2013, 22:45
Is Sadie his wife?

he was very pervy looking at lauren tonight

Perdita
19-09-2013, 11:20
EastEnders star Jamie Lomas has said that his character Jake Stone shares a bond with Lauren Branning.

Viewers will know that Jake met Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) at a counselling session for alcohol addiction, and the pair have been growing closer ever since.

Speaking on Daybreak, Lomas said: "They kind of have this bond with each other.

"They met in counselling and I think they're just replacing one addiction with another, really."

Speaking about on-screen kissing scenes, he added: "It's the most awkward situation to be in, with people stood round watching!"

Lomas also admitted that he doesn't discuss work with his wife Kym Lomas, who is currently starring in Coronation Street as Michelle Connor.

He said: "We don't really talk about work. Sometimes she'll be doing her lines out loud or I will and I'm like, 'Sssh!' It's all good fun.

"I don't know anything. She doesn't tell me anything. I don't ask her. It's soap secrets!"

tammyy2j
19-11-2013, 14:33
So tonight his secret is revealed my guess is he is Sadie's husband

Perdita
21-11-2013, 06:29
EastEnders couple Jake Stone and Sadie Young have a bitter row in tonight's episode (November 21) as they struggle to move on from their troubled past.

Earlier this week, a twist saw the pair revealed as husband and wife - three months after their separate introductions to the BBC soap.

This evening's episode features a tense moment for the characters as Jake (Jamie Lomas) is late to meet Sadie after seeing his secret girlfriend Lauren Branning.
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/47/618x412/soaps-eastenders-november-21-jake-stone-sadie-young.jpg
Sadie gets upset with Jake
© BBC
Sadie gets upset with Jake

Smelling alcohol on Jake's breath, Sadie is disgusted and seems close to ending their relationship as she vows that she and Bella will move into the new house on Albert Square alone.

Jake tries to make Sadie reconsider, but can he talk her round?
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/47/618x412/soaps-eastenders-november-21-jake-stone-sadie-young-2.jpg
Jake tries to win Sadie round
© BBC
Jake tries to win Sadie round

Kate Magowan, who plays Sadie, told Digital Spy this week: "I think [Jake and Sadie are] two people who can work really well together. The good times have been really, really good, but there's quite a dark secret that comes out later on which has caused awful problems between them.

"It's basically Jake's alcoholism and the problems it has caused. They've really struggled and you'll see points where they're really trying hard to keep their marriage together."

tammyy2j
23-03-2014, 12:38
Jamie Lomas will leave the soap later this year.

The actor, who plays Jake Stone, will finish filming with the BBC One show in the summer after bosses decided not to renew his one-year contract.

Writing on Twitter this morning (March 23), Lomas paid tribute to EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins and promised that there are still interesting times ahead for Jake on the Square.
Lomas joined the cast of EastEnders in June 2013 and made his first appearance as Jake in August.

Jake's initial scenes saw him introduced as a new love interest for Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa) as they met at a support group for recovering alcoholics.

The pair quickly embarked on a relationship, but it was later revealed to viewers that Jake was married to fellow Walford newcomer Sadie Young (Kate Magowan).

Jake's infidelity caught up with him in January this year as his affair was exposed, leading to the departures of Sadie and the couple's daughter Bella.

More recently, Jake has returned to Walford following a short absence and has been trying to get his life back on track.

Prior to his EastEnders role, Lomas was best known for playing Hollyoaks villain Warren Fox.

tammyy2j
23-03-2014, 12:38

Perdita
23-03-2014, 16:27
No loss

lizann
23-03-2014, 19:50
he is a suspect in lucy's murder according to the daily star today

Perdita
23-03-2014, 21:47
Would make sense, I guess, to jail him and get him out of the show for at least some time

lizann
06-05-2014, 20:10
he is arrested next week for lucy's murder

Perdita
26-05-2014, 18:33
EastEnders star Jamie Lomas has told Digital Spy that there are "harrowing" scenes ahead involving his character Jake Stone.

Jake is currently in prison after being charged with the murder of Lucy Beale, but upcoming episodes will see more twists and turns as Albert Square's residents start to realise that he may be innocent.

Hit play below to see Jamie discuss the future scenes in a chat with Digital Spy on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards 2014:

http://bcove.me/9998pujw

Our video also sees Jacqueline Jossa discuss the storyline and why her character Lauren Branning starts to question her decision to report Jake to the police.

Ben Hardy also offers his take on Peter's feelings for Lauren and whether they will progress further.

The British Soap Awards took place at the Hackney Empire theatre on Saturday night (May 24).

lizann
16-10-2014, 21:06
is he still in jail for lucy's murder or did he leave when released from jail?

he was living with aleks and tosh

lizann
16-10-2014, 21:06
is he still in jail for lucy's murder or did he leave when released from jail?

he was living with aleks and tosh

Timalay
17-10-2014, 09:35
He was released, and came back shortly before going to be nearer to his daughter.

lizann
11-12-2017, 22:36
I'm a Celebrity... Get me out of Here! star Jamie Lomas is hoping for a return to EastEnders after a two year absence.

He was a firm favourite with audiences during his stint on Celebrity Jungle and a comeback to Walford would be the perfect move.

The actor played the role of Jake Stone for 18 months before he left East London back in 2015.