PDA

View Full Version : Steph Scully (Carla Bonner)

Jessie Wallace
02-06-2010, 18:52
Steph leaves Neighbourhood
LONGTIME Neighbours favourite Carla Bonner is quitting Ramsay St.
Bonner is departing the long-running soap in September, but will continue to be seen on air until the end of the year.
Bonner has played Stephanie Scully in the family drama for the past 11 years.
Once she finishes on the show, Bonner will head to LA for meetings and to take part in acting workshops.
However, she has no plans to pack up and leave Melbourne for good.
After her LA sojourn, Bonner will return home to Melbourne where she is based with two sons, Harley and Jhye, and her boyfriend, Jason Shepherd.
``I'm very sad that Carla is leaving us and she knows the door is always open for Steph to return to Ramsay St,'' said Neighbours executive producer Susan Bower.
``The storylines on air and coming up showcase what an exceptional talent Carla is and while fans will be disappointed, I promise Steph's farewell will be long remembered and will do the character proud.''
While Bonner is departing, producers are still hopeful that Kylie Minogue will make a brief return to the soap.
Minogue said last month she had been considering a return to the show where she found fame.
Producers have contacted Minogue's management in the hope the evergreen pop queen might be able to fit in a cameo appearance on Ramsay St when she visits Melbourne next month to catch up with her sister Dannii after the birth of her first child.
Minogue, who played Charlene Robinson, left the soap 22 years ago.

Perdita
03-06-2010, 09:05
I shall miss her :(

tammyy2j
03-06-2010, 10:44
This is great news I have hated Steph for ages she stayed way too long on the soap

Jessie Wallace
04-06-2010, 14:50
How you hate Steph, she's one of the best. No more Libby and Steph scenes :(

Perdita
08-06-2010, 16:28
Neighbours star Carla Bonner has hinted that a face from the past could expose the truth about Steph Scully's baby.

In recent months, fans have seen the actress's alter ego stage a sham reunion with ex-boyfriend Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) in a bid to prevent her loved ones from finding out that Dan Fitzgerald is the father of her child.

However, speaking to TV Week, Bonner teased that Steph and Toadie's secret will be uncovered by a mystery character later this year.

The actress said: "Someone Toadie has been involved with in the past sets out to investigate him and uncovers more information than they ever hoped for.

"It's the beginning of the secret spreading - with a few surprises along the way!"

Bonner recently announced that she is to leave her role as Steph later this year. Producers have promised an exit storyline that will "do the character proud".

Perdita
29-06-2010, 12:33
Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has revealed that the truth about Steph Scully's unborn baby will have a major impact on the whole of Ramsay Street.

Steph - played by departing actress Carla Bonner - has been misleading her loved ones for months in a bid to conceal the fact that Dan Fitzgerald is the father of her child. The mechanic has staged a sham reunion with ex-boyfriend Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) to protect the secret.

However, speaking on Live From Studio Five last night, Fletcher confirmed that the truth will come out later this year.

The actor - who portrays Karl Kennedy - explained: "This has been brewing. The whole street will be torn apart by this. It's a big, big, big drama."

Fletcher also offered teasers for the soap's forthcoming 6,000th episode, which is to be the highlight of its 25th anniversary year.

He said: "We've just shot it. Something rather unpleasant happens to one of our iconic characters. I'm involved with the more pleasant side, which has kind of already been alluded - there might be a wedding in the air."

lizann
29-06-2010, 14:41
Poor Libby when she finds out

Perdita
02-07-2010, 18:12
Alan Fletcher has admitted that he is "sad" over the news that Neighbours co-star Carla Bonner will leave the soap later this year.

Bonner announced last month that she is quitting her role as Steph Scully to pursue new projects after more than a decade in Ramsay Street.

Speaking of his colleague's decision, Fletcher - who plays Karl Kennedy - told Holy Soap: "I'm desperately sad about it. She's one of the best actresses on the show and one of the best characters on the show. She's gorgeous, she's a sexy girl but she's earthy. She's got the motorcycle thing going on, she's a little bit butch with it. She's such an interesting character.

"She sums up the Scully family in that sense. They are down-to-earth people, the Scullys. And Steph and her mother Lyn, played by Janet Andrewartha, are fantastic together. It's just with great sadness I see Carla go but everyone moves on. I know she's going to be very successful outside the show."

Asked about his own future in Erinsborough, Fletcher replied: "At the moment, I'm talking to Neighbours about continuing my contract past September."

Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower recently promised that Steph's departure will "do the character proud".

tammyy2j
14-09-2010, 10:43
Neighbours favourite Steph Scully is to come face-to-face with her ex-boyfriend Woody in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

In episodes which air next week in Australia, Woody returns to Erinsborough unexpectedly, and Steph - who is struggling after giving up her baby - immediately decides to spend as much time with him as possible.

Woody - full name Larry Woodhouse - was last seen on the Ramsay Street soap in 2002 after appearing on a recurring basis for two years.

During his first stint on the show, Woody became involved in criminal activity and ended up in jail, while subsequent appearances saw him struggling to move on from his troubled past.

Speaking of the latest plot twist, Steph's portrayer Carla Bonner told TV Week: "While there isn't a romantic attraction there - not for Steph, at least - Woody does represent a time when she didn't have children and the responsibilities she has now.

"He becomes an escape from what is going on. Steph's trying to block out everything that's happened and Woody is helping her do that, to a degree."

Discussing the impact of Woody's return, she added: "Lyn's definitely not happy and feels Woody is the last person Steph needs in her life - and she's pretty vocal about it. Lyn knows about Woody's past and isn't convinced that his intentions are all that honourable."

Woody is once again being played by actor Andrew Curry, who is the real-life brother of former Home and Away star Bernard Curry (Hugo Austin).

Perdita
29-10-2010, 06:04
Neighbours actress Carla Bonner has said that she could not give up her own child, as her character Steph Scully plans to do so.

In the coming weeks, viewers will see Steph struggle with the decision to give her baby son to his biological father Dan Fitzgerald (portrayed by Brett Tucker), in order to protect the feelings of former friend and Dan's ex-partner Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine).

Speaking about the controversial plot, Bonner told Inside Soap: "I appreciate Steph's reasons, but this is her own flesh and blood - and I could never think of giving that up."

She said of fans' response to the story: "The response from viewers in Australia has been interesting, and a little surprising as well. In general, they've been very sympathetic to Steph and the decisions she's had to make while pregnant.

"When I watch everything in context now the plot has been developed, I find it all incredibly sad, but touching."

Perdita
02-11-2010, 21:27
Neighbours star Carla Bonner has hinted that fans will be stunned when they discover how Steph Scully departs Ramsay Street.

The actress announced back in June that she had decided to leave the long-running show after 11 years playing the popular character.

Speaking to Inside Soap about Steph's exit plot, Bonner commented: "You could never have imagined the way Steph leaves Ramsay Street.

"It's so out of character, but the plot is very strong. It's great storytelling."

Fans in the UK are about to see Steph start spending more time with ex-boyfriend Larry 'Woody' Woodhouse as she desperately tries to rediscover her old self after giving up custody of her newborn son.

Bonner added: "This is the saddest I've ever had to play Steph. This storyline is heartbreaking - then, just when you think nothing more bad can happen, it does."

The star recently admitted that she "could never think" of giving up her child as Steph has done.

Perdita
15-11-2010, 09:20
Carla Bonner has revealed that she would love to land roles in the UK following her departure from Neighbours.

The actress recently filmed her final scenes as Ramsay Street's Steph Scully following an 11-year stint on the soap.

Steph's last episode will air in Australia next week, while UK fans are about to see the beginning of the dramatic storyline which leads to her exit.

Asked to disclose her future ambitions in an interview with TV Week, Bonner explained: "There are lots of possibilities, but it's quite difficult to say because the job hasn't enabled me to focus on anything else.

"It's been all-consuming with 70-hour weeks lately. I've rarely even been able to cook dinner for my kids. But I've set my sights on film and TV in the UK."

Discussing how she felt when she filmed her final scene, the star added: "I was devastated to say goodbye to everyone. They've been a part of my everyday life for so long - it was like leaving home. But I've made lots of life-long friends there."

Steph is one of a number of characters who will bow out of Erinsborough in the months ahead.

Perdita
03-12-2010, 12:45
Neighbours star Jackie Woodburne has revealed the fall-out from Ringo Brown's death will "divide the entire street".

The actress, who plays Susan Kennedy in the show, said the subsequent story for Steph Scully (Carla Bonner), who is taken to court for mowing down Ringo (Sam Clark), will pit several Ramsay Street residents against each other.

She said: "There's massive story for Steph coming up. It's fabulous, and Susan is very involved. The entire street is involved. It was Steph who ran over Ringo and caused his death. So there's a court case, and Steph and Libby are at odds, Susan and Steph are at odds, Susan and Lyn are at odds.

"It divides the entire street. Lyn is very protective of Steph as her mother and only sees her point of view, but all Susan can see is that Ringo has died, and someone has to be accountable for it."

Carla has finished filming the show after 11 years playing Steph.

magicdragon
04-12-2010, 11:36
maybe her exit will be her going to priso, she was over the limit, and ringo died

Perdita
04-12-2010, 12:16
I think so too :)

Perdita
12-12-2010, 07:33
Steph Scully and Lucas Fitzgerald could be in for a romantic reunion before she exits the show, a Ramsay Street actor has hinted.

The pair have enjoyed a brief relationship in the past, but it crumbled when Steph (Carla Bonner) fell pregnant with the baby of Lucas' brother Dan.

But Scott Major, who plays Lucas, has hinted viewers may see them together once more.

"That's definitely what Lucas is hoping for. There will be lots of obstacles along the way but hopefully they might be able to get together before she departs."

He added: "The fact of the matter is he still loves her. They're a male and female version of each other."

Viewers will see Lucas do his best to support troubled Steph as she faces a massive legal battle in the wake of killing Ringo Brown (Sam Clark) in a motorbike accident.

"It's a sad time for Lucas because she keeps pushing him away and he doesn't understand why. She looks at him and thinks what her life could be like and it's too much for her to bear."

Ruffed_lemur
05-01-2011, 18:26
Not long to Steph leaving now. I shall miss her.

Perdita
10-06-2012, 20:52
Neighbours actress Carla Bonner has revealed that she would like to return to the soap in the future.

Bonner played Steph Scully on the soap for 11 years, before her character was jailed for six years after she killed Ringo Brown in a motorbike accident in 2010.

She told Inside Soap: "I do believe we'll revisit Steph one day.

"I'd love to see how prison has changed her - and whether she forgives Paul Robinson for where she ended up!"

Bonner added that she at times found playing Steph tough due to the amount of challenges in her life, including breast cancer and post-natal depression storylines.

She said: "I think the writers preferred to see Steph distressed. Her exit storyline was gruelling, but we approached it with sincerity and gave her such a powerful farewell.

"It was time for me to leave. I needed a rest and to explore who I am. I'm so grateful that I was brave enough to make the leap into the unknown."

Carla Bonner recently published a dating book for men titled Hook, Line and Sink Her.

N.Fan
11-06-2012, 16:13
I always liked Steph but with the story lines she had before she left were starting to put me off her.But it would be interesting if she did come back to see how prison has changed her.

tammyy2j
11-06-2012, 16:22
Neighbours actress Carla Bonner has revealed that she would like to return to the soap in the future.

Bonner played Steph Scully on the soap for 11 years, before her character was jailed for six years after she killed Ringo Brown in a motorbike accident in 2010.

She told Inside Soap: "I do believe we'll revisit Steph one day.

"I'd love to see how prison has changed her - and whether she forgives Paul Robinson for where she ended up!"

Bonner added that she at times found playing Steph tough due to the amount of challenges in her life, including breast cancer and post-natal depression storylines.

She said: "I think the writers preferred to see Steph distressed. Her exit storyline was gruelling, but we approached it with sincerity and gave her such a powerful farewell.

"It was time for me to leave. I needed a rest and to explore who I am. I'm so grateful that I was brave enough to make the leap into the unknown."

Carla Bonner recently published a dating book for men titled Hook, Line and Sink Her.

She did nothing since she left so now she wants back in, hope she dont return she became a terrible boring character

Mirjam
03-05-2013, 09:05
Neighbours returnee Steph Scully will snatch Lucas Fitzgerald and Vanessa Villante's baby son after ditching her medication.

The fan favourite, played by Carla Bonner, suffered a breakdown during her time in prison and now needs to take tablets daily to maintain a stable state of mind.

Fans will see that Steph hopes to reunite with Lucas (Scott Major) after arriving back in Erinsborough, so she causes trouble for his relationship by exposing the fact that Vanessa (Alin Sumarwata) was once married to another man and hasn't told him about it.

When the couple end up on the rocks as a result, things seem to be going as Steph had planned. However, that doesn't stop her from throwing away her pills after an argument with Toadfish Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney), who is concerned for her wellbeing after finding out about her recent breakdown.

Things later get worse when Lucas decides to give Vanessa another chance and agrees to cut all ties with Steph out of respect for his fiancée.

Realising that her schemes haven't worked, an increasingly erratic Steph takes the desperate measure of kidnapping baby Patrick, Australian magazine Soap World reports.

Patrick's disappearance stuns Lucas, but a conversation with Toadie about Steph's mental health issues soon leads him to realise who is responsible.

The kidnap plot will air as part of the dramatic eclipse episode of Neighbours, which will also feature Mark Brennan's return.

Perdita
08-06-2013, 10:45
Lucas Fitzgerald and Vanessa Villante also take centre stage in the eclipse storyline as Steph Scully kidnaps their baby son Patrick.

Steph (Carla Bonner) commits the shocking act after she stops taking her medication, which causes her to have a full-blown psychotic episode.

In her confused state, Steph believes that Patrick is actually her own young son Adam, and she hopes that Lucas will soon join her so they can all be a proper family together.

Lucas (Scott Major) is horrified to realise that he missed the warning signs when spending time with his ex, and a distraught Vanessa is in no mood to forgive him for letting Steph into their lives.

When Lucas finally tracks Steph down to the Men's Shed with back-up from the police, he hopes the horrendous ordeal is about to come to an end. But as Steph's delusions escalate, will he get Patrick back safely?

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/23/618x804/soaps-neighbours-6648-5.jpg
© Channel 5
Steph takes Patrick.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/23/618x446/soaps-neighbours-6648-6.jpg
© Channel 5
Matt prepares to take Patrick from Steph.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/23/618x439/soaps-neighbours-6648-9.jpg

© Channel 5
Matt takes Steph away.

Perdita
20-07-2015, 04:58
Neighbours star Carla Bonner is returning to Ramsay Street.

The actress, who briefly reprised her role as Steph Scully for a stint in 2013, left the soap in 2010 after 11 years as the character.
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/17/618x566/soaps-neighbours-carla-bonner-steph-scully.jpg
Carla Bonner as Steph Scully in Neighbours
© Channel 5

News of Bonner's return was first reported by the Herald Sun and later shared by Neighbours publicist Kelly Davis on Twitter.

According to the article, Bonner began filming scenes as Steph last week.

"The faces have changed but you just step back into a place and it's like coming home," the actress said.

"It's an institution for fans and it's a reliable place. The producers had discussed potential storylines, which reignited my passion for Steph, and I was ready to bring back the character. It just felt right."

Earlier today, Neighbours teased the news of "an exciting casting reveal" to be announced tomorrow (July 20) on their Twitter page.

Bonner's return to the soap will see Neighbours become more of a family affair as her son Harley Bonner joined the soap in 2013.

Rowdydog12
24-07-2015, 02:40
Can she come and kill Nate then take off again

Perdita
24-07-2015, 06:57
I hope she stays around long term

lizann
27-07-2015, 18:23
why is she returning no need for her

lellygurl
01-08-2015, 06:39
Maybe she comes back after Toadie's accident and helps him to get back on his feet - literally??

melindakw1969
06-08-2015, 00:21
I wonder if Steph will buy the garage?

I mean its in receivership and she used to work there with Drew..oh yes and Ben ( Drew's son) can become her apprentice. Hmmm where would she get the money and with her criminal history maybe she couldn't own it in her own name?

Maybe Tyler can guilt his old man into buying the place and then Tyler could offer Steph a job there....I can see I am getting ahead of myself..lol.

Yeah maybe Steph is only there to help Toadie in the beginning...... but then stays on?????

melindakw1969
06-08-2015, 00:21

I mean its in receivership and she used to work there with Drew..oh yes and Ben ( Drew's son) can become her apprentice. Hmmm where would she get the money and with her criminal history maybe she couldn't own it in her own name?

Maybe Tyler can guilt his old man into buying the place and then Tyler could offer Steph a job there....I can see I am getting ahead of myself..lol.

Yeah maybe Steph is only there to help Toadie in the beginning...... but then stays on?????

Dazzle
06-08-2015, 17:02

Hmmm where would she get the money and with her criminal history maybe she couldn't own it in her own name?

I think that's a good idea about Steph and the garage. Perhaps Lyn buys it and Steph manages it?

Perdita
03-09-2015, 17:30
From Facebook:

More details of Steph Scully's return storyline have been revealed by show bosses.

Steph (Carla Bonner) returns to Ramsay Street after its revealed that Sheila Canning and Lyn Scully's babies were switched at birth and that Steph is Sheila's real daughter and not Naomi as always thought.

Naomi (Morgana O'Reilly) and Steph then argue as Naomi struggles to deal with the situation, and as a result, Naomi leaves Erinsborough to visit Lyn and get to know her long-lost family while Steph stays in town and gets to know Sheila (Colette Mann).

Naomi eventually returns after a few months away, but its clear that her life has changed forever as she struggles to get back into her old life...

Surely not, I don´t believe this for one moment

Carrieb4
03-09-2015, 18:22
Oh please!!! This isnt like neighbours. I understand the interesting side of being switched at birth as I watch a U.S. Programme about it but for neighbours... For these characters?! Really?)

ILTPandN
03-09-2015, 18:48
Oh please!!! This isnt like neighbours. I understand the interesting side of being switched at birth as I watch a U.S. Programme about it but for neighbours... For these characters?! Really?)

I know! Seriously hope this isn't true! Just particularly don't think it's right for Naomi's character - I really like how she works with Kyle and Sheila.

gillyH1981
03-09-2015, 21:17

The page that posted it made it all up. It is a fake spoiler. do not believe it.

Rowdydog12
03-09-2015, 22:54
If this happens it is the most rubbish story line in the history of the show

gillyH1981
03-09-2015, 23:42
If this happens it is the most rubbish story line in the history of the show

the spoiler is fake. it is NOT TRUE. DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

Dazzle
04-09-2015, 11:39

I'm pretty sure it's a wind-up. :D

melindakw1969
07-09-2015, 05:08
Lol... Paul was once romantically involved with Lyn Scully and this storyline would pitch him with Lyn's so called " biological daughter" Naomi.
That is creepy like.... Bold and the Beautiful creepy!
Lyn is from Bendigo and Sheila is From Frankston..can't wait to see how these babies were "apparently" swapped at birth when they lived miles apart.
Of course reality just gets in the way of a good story.... who can forget Janelle Timmins finding out one of her kids was swapped at birth...this is just another rehashed storyline.
Booo Hisss!

melindakw1969
07-09-2015, 05:08
Lol... Paul was once romantically involved with Lyn Scully and this storyline would pitch him with Lyn's so called " biological daughter" Naomi.
That is creepy like.... Bold and the Beautiful creepy!
Lyn is from Bendigo and Sheila is From Frankston..can't wait to see how these babies were "apparently" swapped at birth when they lived miles apart.
Of course reality just gets in the way of a good story.... who can forget Janelle Timmins finding out one of her kids was swapped at birth...this is just another rehashed storyline.
Booo Hisss!

gillyH1981
11-09-2015, 17:36
Steph's shock return!
A job is going at the garage and there is a strong candidate for the job but once the locals find out who has applied - Steph Scully - will she be welcome or chased out of town?

There's a new job opening at the garage - and the best person for the position is a familiar face in town.

In thrilling upcoming episodes of Neighbours, one of Erinsborough's favourite daughters, Steph Scully (Carla Bonner), returns to Ramsay Street. What is Steph doing back in town and considering her chequered history, can she really be trusted?

Overcome with nerves about interviewing applicants for the new position, Tyler (Travis Burns) is thrilled when he finds the perfect person: she's passionate about bikes and clearly knows her stuff.

What Tyler doesn't know, however, is that the applicant is none other than Steph. Not only is she a former resident but she also worked in the exact same garage for years.

Steph curiously avoids mentioning this while Tyler gives her a trial period and is similarly evasive when, having struck up a friendship with Amy, she is asked whether she is attached or has any children.

By the end of her trial, Tyler is blown away by Steph's skill and offers her the mechanic's job on the spot. Steph is thrilled by the news but her happiness is short-lived as Karl (Alan Fletcher) arrives to get mechanical help with his bike. Deciding it's time to face the music, Steph steps forward and greets a surprised Karl.

Given her last visit to Erinsborough, which led to her being charged with kidnapping, Karl can't help being concerned - is Steph going to cause havoc once more?

Steph assures Karl that she's still in treatment and progessing well - all she wants is to return home, rebuild her life and make up for her past mistakes.

While Karl rushes to confirm Steph's version of events with her hospital, a shocked Tyler discovers the truth about Steph's dark history.

Meanwhile, Steph finds a small moment of comfort as she reconnects with Toadie (Ryan Moloney), confiding in him about her dreams of living a "normal" existence again.

Her plan to get her life back on track is about to hit a snag: Lucas (Scott Major) doesn't want her working at the garage and he's on the wat to Ramsay Street to confront her.

Given Lucas and Steph's explosive history together, this is one showdown you won't want to miss.

Credit: TV Soap 24th September 2015

Perdita
16-09-2015, 12:25
Neighbours favourite Steph Scully will be in a same-sex relationship when she returns to Ramsay Street.

The popular character is heading back to Erinsborough in a few weeks' time after actress Carla Bonner agreed to reprise the role on a permanent basis.

When Steph rejoins the area, she is quickly followed by a woman called Belinda, who she has been dating in her time away from the Street.

Praising the storyline, Bonner revealed: "I thought it was a really smart move on the part of the writers and producer. There has always been a little speculation that Steph and Libby had a little thing going. Because of Steph's nature, I really don't think people will be surprised, they just won't be expecting it.

"The way that it has been written, it's very sensitive and certainly not smutty. I'm very happy with how it plays out. If it contributes to normalising same-sex relationships in some way, that's great."
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/18/618x451/soaps-neighbours-6621-1.jpg
Where will Steph head first?
© Channel 5
Steph has some bridges to build when she returns

Belinda initially gets a frosty response when she follows Steph to Erinsborough. Steph is determined to redeem herself after the trouble she caused the last time she was on the Street, but Belinda disagrees with her approach - leaving fans to wonder whether they have a future together.

Bonner added: "She doesn't want Belinda to mess with her head. She knows what she has to do - it feels right for her and it's part of her recovery.

"While Belinda has Steph's best interests at heart, she tries to dictate to her how she should do things and that doesn't feel right for Steph. She needs Belinda to accept how she wants to do things but because Belinda can't, there are major issues."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a668718/neighbours-to-introduce-female-love-interest-for-steph-scully.html#ixzz3ltr1k7U5

Dazzle
16-09-2015, 13:36
Neighbours favourite Steph Scully will be in a same-sex relationship when she returns to Ramsay Street.

Interesting turn of events. I like the idea, and I like that Neighbours are fully embracing same sex relationships (unlike H&A).

ILTPandN
16-09-2015, 14:53
Interesting turn of events. I like the idea, and I like that Neighbours are fully embracing same sex relationships (unlike H&A).

I agree. This has definitely made me more interested in her return (I wasn't sure how much I was bothered and wasn't sure what else they could do with her).

tammyy2j
16-09-2015, 16:28
Could her friendship with Amy become more, I don't think Amy and Kyle fit together

Summer8
16-09-2015, 16:30
Could her friendship with Amy become more, I don't think Amy and Kyle fit together

I don't see that happening Amy doesn't seem like that type of gal.......

tammyy2j
16-09-2015, 16:44
I don't see that happening Amy doesn't seem like that type of gal.......

I would have said the same about Steph :p

lizann
16-09-2015, 18:34
what else can they with her for storylines than turn her gay she has done alot

Summer8
17-09-2015, 00:51
I would have said the same about Steph :p

Yes, but apparently there were suspicions of her and Libby in the past, so maybe it makes sense ;)

Dazzle
17-09-2015, 01:00
I doubt if Steph's turned gay, she's probably just never been 100% straight (as suggested by Carla's comment about Steph and Libby). There's plenty of research to show that lots of people's sexuality is on a scale rather than being totally one thing or another.

Summer8
17-09-2015, 01:04
I doubt if Steph's turned gay, she's probably just never been 100% straight (as suggested by Carla's comment about Steph and Libby). There's plenty of research to show that lots of people's sexuality is on a scale rather than being totally one thing or another.

Yep :)

Perdita
17-09-2015, 07:34
Ramsay Street's residents join forces to ensure that a detested former resident's mysterious reappearance won't be permanent.
Steph Scully burned all of her bridges in Ramsay Street when she was shipped to a psychiatric hospital for kidnapping baby Patrick Fitzgerald in 2013 leaving her former friends and supporters breathing easier to be rid of her. That makes Steph's decision to return to Erinsborough now she's been released all the more mysterious.
However, Steph (Carla Bonner) quickly ingratiates herself back into her old haunts when she applies for a new position being offered at Fitzgerald Motors, her former workplace. With Tyler (Travis Burns) in charge of the interviews, he's none-the-wiser to the applicant's identity as she seriously impresses him with her automotive skills, having fudged her credentials on her résumé.
While working a trial shift, Steph sparks up a friendship with another town newcomer Amy (Zoe Cramond) whose chatter about her son motivates Steph to reveal she has two sons. Although Amy is clueless that Steph is avoiding sharing the scandalous and heartbreaking details of her real mothering history, Karl (Alan Fletcher) is instantly intrigued to come face-to-face with his former neighbours and patient when he visits the workshop. Acutely aware of the circumstances surrounding Steph's two stints in prison, Karl worriedly questions Steph's reasons for returning, wondering if she plans on causing more havoc.
Despite Steph's pleas that she's still undergoing treatment for her problems and is progressing well, Karl disbelieves her claim that she simply wants to return home, rebuild her life and atone for her past mistakes.
While Steph receives a more favourable welcome from ex-husband Toadie (Ryan Moloney), Tyler crushes her hopes for a bright future when her reports that Lucas (Scott Major), who has re-purchased the garage, is returning to town to confront her about coming back to the scene of his son Patrick's abduction and to ensure that she never works at his business again.
As Lucas sets eyes on Steph for the first time in two years, he's hell-bent on carrying out his intentions, even unwilling to listen to Steph's pleas that she was sick when she kidnapped Patrick. When Toadie argues that Steph shouldn't be held responsible for something she did during a psychotic episode, he incurs opposition from a from a frightened Sonya (Eve Morey) who's anxious at the thought of Steph possibly becoming obsessed with Nell (Scarlett Anderson). Although Sonya protests Steph staying in town, Lucas agrees to give her a job on the strict condition that Toadie vouches for her actions and behaviour.
However, that narrow win only antagonises other enemies against Steph as she starts her first day of work. She soon encounters heated attacks from Kyle (Chris Miligan), and Paul (Stefan Dennis) who warn her not to exploit Amy's friendliness to get closer to Jimmy (Darcy Tadich). When Paul viciously rips into her, hissing that she'll never be forgiven for her past actions and to stay away from his family, Steph is emotionally berefit, her intentions remaining unclear as she possibly plots to avenge everyone's harsh treatment of her.

Soap World

gillyH1981
17-09-2015, 12:18
Have already typed this up. It's in the the Soap World October 2015 thread.

gillyH1981
04-10-2015, 19:14
Nikki Shiels will be playing the guest role of Steph's female love interest Belinda Bell.

http://www.showcast.com.au/showcast/View/ViewActorProfile?actorId=40274&d=eNdkb2mtRblqNmourvd-Qg

Perdita
06-10-2015, 19:49
Jimmy goes missing
Steph is accused of taking Amy's son.
Starting a new job can be stressful for anybody but when Steph Scully (Carla Bonner) is accused of kidnapping during her first day at the garage, it's almost too much to handle.
In episodes of Neighbours, Steph is trying to fit back into the fold but things don't go as planned when Jimmy (Darcy Tadich) goes missing.
Steph has been making friends with Amy (Zoe Cramond) and spending time with the young boy.
"It's only a few hours into the friendship but it's lovely," Carla, 42, tells TV Week.
"She is, however, very cautious about sharing her backstory."
She's also struggled with the constant taunts from her fellow Ramsay Street residents.
"Being confronted straight off the bat is hard," Carla says. "She needs to try to get support from her old friends."
Amy's ex-husband, Liam (James Beck), could also be the reason for Jimmy's absence.
He's in debt to nasty loan sharks and is being followed.
Is Liam being punished or did Steph really take Jimmy?

TV Week

gillyH1981
09-10-2015, 14:11
Carla will be added to the opening credits on Monday. Steph. Nate & Sheila are in the same shot and Aaron added with Mark and Tyler.

Ben will be added when he returns.

Perdita
10-10-2015, 08:45
Neighbours fans will see Steph Scully return to screens later this month, but it will come as no surprise that her return is far from straightforward.

The troubled mechanic turns up in Erinsborough unexpectedly to apply for a job at the garage, but doesn't reveal her ties to the area as she is interviewed by Tyler Brennan.

With Tyler blown away by Steph's mechanic skills, he soon finds himself offering her a permanent job. However, Steph's happiness is short-lived when Karl turns up to get help with his bike and spots her.

Although Steph decides to face the music by greeting Karl properly, he can't help but feel concerned about her arrival despite her insistence that she's progressing well.

Steph later reconnects with her old friend Toadie and explains that she just wants to rebuild her life, but her hopes come crashing down when Tyler reveals that Lucas doesn't want her working at the garage.

To make matters worse, Lucas is currently on his way to Ramsay Street to confront her face-to-face. Will Steph ever be able to put the past behind her?
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/41/618x415/neighbours_wk43_ep7226-3.jpg
Karl gets a shock when he walks in and recognises Steph
© Channel 5
Karl gets a shock when he sees Steph
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/41/618x413/neighbours_wk43_ep7226-6.jpg
Steph decides to greet Karl openly and not hide from him
© Channel 5
Steph decides to greet Karl openly and not hide
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/41/618x414/neighbours_wk43_ep7226-7.jpg
Karl has concerns over Steph's return
© Channel 5
Karl has concerns over Steph's return

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, October 19 and Tuesday, October 20 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Arrow2012
12-10-2015, 10:45
Was that happening this week or next week. Reason I ask is that tonites episode still had the Naomi and No Steph or Aaron in the opening.

Thank you.

Perdita
12-10-2015, 11:02
Was that happening this week or next week. Reason I ask is that tonites episode still had the Naomi and No Steph or Aaron in the opening.

Thank you.

Next week :)

Perdita
12-10-2015, 11:53
http://youtu.be/lJNeXBJDSmc

Steph Scully's past comes back to haunt her on Neighbours later this month as she is arrested on suspicion of kidnap.

The daytime soap's latest trailer, which can be viewed above, sees Steph come under suspicion after Amy Williams's young son Jimmy goes missing.

Steph seems to be the most likely culprit as she previously snatched Lucas Fitzgerald and Vanessa Villante's baby boy Patrick two years ago, but is there another explanation this time?

Carla Bonner has reprised her role as Steph as a show regular and will start appearing on UK screens again from next week.

Neighbours' newest promo also reveals more tension in store for the Brennan and Willis families, while Susan Kennedy finds herself with a tough fight on her hands as she battles to save Erinsborough High from closure.

ILTPandN
12-10-2015, 21:25
Poor Steph. I'm guessing she isn't the one who kidnapped Jimmy....too obvious for a start.

I'm thinking the kidnapping has something to do with Liam.

I'm also assuming/guessing she didn't start the fire either. Actually wondering whether it has anything to do with Sue Parker? Maybe Jayden as he's her son?

Perdita
15-10-2015, 05:45
Neighbours welcomes back one of its best-loved characters next week as Carla Bonner reprises her role as Steph Scully, who returns to Ramsay Street under a cloud of suspicion.

With Steph's shock kidnap of Lucas Fitzgerald's baby son still fresh in everyone's memories, the nervous locals have plenty of questions to ask about why she's back and what her intentions are. To find out just that, Digital Spy recently caught up with Carla for all the gossip on her exciting return.

How does it feel to be back on the show?
"It feels like I've finally come home. The show has that real family and homely vibe to it, so it's been wonderful to come back. When I left the show originally in 2010, I felt that it was the right time and that Steph needed a break as she'd been through so much, but I always knew that we'd revisit her at some point.

"I came back to the show briefly in 2013 and we started delving into a really serious mental health storyline with Steph, so I knew that would have to be addressed again at some point too."

Did you feel it was important to come back and show Steph's recovery?
"I felt that was of the utmost importance, because mental health is a very real and topical issue. A show like Neighbours has a massive responsibility to its audience to spread the whole message - not just the really bad side of it. We needed to show real-life sufferers that there is a chance of progress and redemption.

"So I always knew that Steph would come back to pay a visit, but I never knew that it would be a permanent return. The producers came back and discussed some potential storylines with me and I really liked what they were saying. I felt rejuvenated and I was really happy to come back as a regular again."

So is Steph back to seek redemption?
"She is, but the reason that she really needs to do this is to get her son Charlie back. That's her driving force. She hasn't seen Charlie for five years and that's been horrendous for her.

"Steph has now been given the opportunity to rehabilitate herself. In doing that, she stands a real fighting chance of having Charlie back in her life. With everything she now has to face, she'll do it because having her child back is the most important thing in her world."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/42/618x423/soaps-neighbours-week-44-ep-7233-02.jpg
Steph looks for Jimmy
© Channel 5
Steph will be hiding some secrets when she returns

It won't be plain sailing for Steph, especially when Lucas returns to confront her when he hears she's working at the garage. Were you glad they brought him back for some closure on the kidnap story?
"Yes, I think that was a really good idea - although Steph certainly isn't expecting it. She had no idea that Lucas was still involved in Erinsborough and the garage. Steph did always hope that one day she'd have the opportunity to apologise to Lucas and Vanessa for what she did, but this just happens completely out of the blue. But again, if it's going to help and create some movement and progression in her life, she'll do it."

Steph and Toadie have always had a really strong bond. Should Sonya be worried?
"Sonya and Steph have always had a funny relationship. I think it's unnecessary for Sonya to feel worried, insecure or jealous about any infidelity. What's more understandable is that Sonya fears Toadie always gets into trouble with Steph. He bends over backwards to pull her out of these messy situations that she gets herself into. It affects their family and that's not fair on Sonya.

"Steph is genuinely back with the best of intentions, so it would never be to cause disharmony in Sonya's family or to steal her man. But Steph and Toadie do still have their bond - they are besties and they will do anything for each other. Sadly Sonya's just got to cop it."

Fans were surprised by the news that Steph will have a same-sex relationship with a new character called Belinda. Will that be a short or long-term storyline?
"I think there's a good chance Belinda will keep reappearing in the show, because the storyline is quite intense. The relationship between the two girls is very beautiful, but it's also quite strained at the moment. Steph and Belinda spent a couple of years getting to know each other and developing a beautiful bond.

"Now Steph has made this big decision on what she needs to do with her life. It wasn't in their immediate future plan, but it's what Steph feels she needs to do in order to have her son back. Belinda doesn't agree, so this is where the conflict is for the girls. She's still filming with us at the moment so anything can happen. I can't give a definitive answer on that but I hope she'll be around for a while."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/42/618x443/soaps-neighbours-the-scullys.jpg
Carla Bonner, Shane Connor, Kate Keltie, Janet Andrewartha and Holly Valance as the Scully family in Neighbours
© FremantleMedia Ltd/REX Shutterstock
Steph with the Scully family

We'd love to see some old faces back like Lyn, Michelle, Valda and Libby. Are you holding out hope that Steph's family and friends will return?
"Oh my lord, I'd love it! I've just been waiting to settle in, but I've been known to do a bit of writing over the years and submit some storylines. The producers really love that and they appreciate it. I will be putting fingers to keyboard and trying to bring back some old faces, that's for sure.

"It's just so important to keep that history going. People are so invested in the characters and they don't want to see someone just disappear forever. So I will be getting some of them back - that's the hope anyway."

Have you shared any scenes with your real-life son Harley, who plays Josh Willis in the show?
"Josh and Steph are complete strangers but we have done a few scenes together now, which has been really fantastic. We don't know yet if we've pulled it off and whether people really will watch it and say, 'Yeah, I really believed that you didn't know each other!' We've done our best so we'll have to wait and see on that one."

Neighbours has had its ups and downs over the years. Do you feel as though the show is in a good place now?
"Yeah, it is. It's very much a team collaboration now and our producer Jason Herbison has really opened that up, which is great. The group morale is really high and people are very happy. You're not just a cog in the wheel - you have a voice, you can speak, be heard and it's okay. It's a really good place to be."

digitalspy

gimmespoilers
15-10-2015, 12:22
Did anyone else notice that when Josh met Steph, they did the "you look familiar" routine? Hint: it's because Steph is Josh's mother IRL. :D

binky321
15-10-2015, 13:11
Yes, think the writers were having some fun with viewers there :D

tammyy2j
15-10-2015, 14:21
I wonder was Steph given a girlfriend and turned bi or gay so Josh wouldn't hit on her :p

NeighboursNutty
15-10-2015, 18:59
I wonder was Steph given a girlfriend and turned bi or gay so Josh wouldn't hit on her :p

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Perdita
17-10-2015, 05:30
Steph Scully's past will come back to haunt her on Neighbours later this month when she is accused of kidnapping Amy Williams's son Jimmy.

Jimmy's vanishing act ties in with the reappearance of his troubled father Liam, but it's Steph who finds herself in the firing line when it becomes apparent that the youngster is nowhere to be seen.

Although Paul, Kyle and Daniel are all quick to accuse Steph (Carla Bonner) given her history, Liam suspects that there is something more sinister going on as he admits to Paul that he owes a loan shark fifteen grand.

Suspecting that Jimmy is probably being held in a plot to get ransom money, Liam urges Paul not to call the police and to instead pay back the cash that he owes.

After Paul decides to do the right thing and call the police, Amy is horrified to learn that Liam's actions are the cause of her son's ordeal.

Furious, Amy lashes out at Liam at the police station as she accuses him of endangering their son, but what has happened to Jimmy?
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/42/618x423/soaps-neighbours-week-44-ep-7233-02.jpg
Steph looks for Jimmy
© Channel 5
Steph looks for Jimmy
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/42/618x424/soaps-neighbours-week-44-ep-7233-04.jpg
Jimmy is found
© Channel 5
Jimmy is found
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/42/618x861/soaps-neighbours-week-44-ep-7233-05.jpg
Jimmy is found
© Channel 5
What has happened to Jimmy?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, October 27 and Wednesday, October 28 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

digitalspy

gillyH1981
17-10-2015, 15:08
Steph's riding into trouble!
Steph Scully is back in Erinsborough but no one is pleased to see her...

Fittingly for the soap's 30th anniversary year, Carla Bonner returns to Neighbours this week to reprise her role as Steph Scully. We las saw Steph in 2013 when, in the midst of a psychotic episode, she was arrested for attempting to abduct Lucas and Vanessa's son Patrick.

"Steph was sectioned following her arrest and she's spent the past two years in a mental institution," explains Carla, 42. "She's now on a day-release programme and she's hoping to soon be discharged.

"Doctors have advised her to return to a place where she can feel safe, where she has a support network. Despite all the trouble she caused, Steph believes she needs to return to Erinsborough so she can rebuild her life."

Steph finds work at the garage where she quickly bonds with Tyler, who has no idea about her troubled past. News spreads when Karl spots her.

"People are shocked - not a single person welcomes here back with open arms. Steph knows she has a lot of making up to do."

However, happier times might just lie ahead for Steph. In a couple of weeks' time her love interest Belinda appears and Carla's delighted to be part of Neighbours' first ever all-female love story.

"Belinda is Steph's psychiatric nurse and has helped her through the darkest days.

"They fell in love and we will see Belinda follow Steph to Erinsborogh. I think the writers have done an amazing job. It's clear that Steph and Belinda have a beautiful, deep connection. Obviously being Steph's nurse, Belinda has behaved unethically but it just goes to show that you can't help whp you fall in love with!"

Article from UK magazine TV Choice

gillyH1981
29-10-2015, 15:01
Messing with Steph's head
Someone is keen to do Steph Scully harm, especially as her mental state is already fragile.

Back in Erinsborough for the first time in years. Steph claims her mental health issue are a thing of the past - but is she really back to her old self?

Many remember her breakdown when a delusional Steph (Carla Bonner) shocked Ramsay Street after she kidnapped Lucas (Scott Major) and Vanessa's (Alin Sumarwata) baby.

The baby was recovered unharmed and Steph was subsequently admitted to a mental instition. Most people in Erinsborough thought they'd never see her again.

All that changed when she unexpectedly turned up at the garage looking for a job and her return was met with suspicion, hostility and even fear by the resdients of the town.

After the Erinsborough school fire, Steph was initially seen as the prime suspect and it seemed just about everyone was willing to think the worst of her. Now, it's about to get a whole lot worse for the troubled mechanic, despite her efforts to put her life back together.

When Steph learns Vanessa is passing through Erinsborough and will be staying a night with the Rebecchis, she wishes she could get the chance to apologise in person for her past mistakes.

Sonya (Eve Morey) agrees to help and Steph is delighted when Vanessa agrees to a meeting but her growing confidence is shattered when she receives a strange phone call from someone claiming to be her son, Charlie, calling to say he misses her.

Steph is rattled by the call - after all, she hasn't seen or heard from Charlie for years - and is left feeling more vulnerable and scared when Vanessa reveals her own doubts about Steph's grip on reality.

Can she hold it together or is this the begining of another slide into chaos? Noting Steph's shakiness, Tyler (Travis Burns) does his best to cheer her up.

When a customer denies that she ordered extra work Steph did on her car, Steph experiences a minor meltdown as she starts to feel like her world is falling apart around her once again.

Unbeknow to Steph, however, the customer has been paid by someone who wants to mess with Steph's head - but who would want to do something so cruel?

Battling to keep her increasing fears about her mental state to herself, Steph is stunned when she runs into her ex-girlfriend, Belinda (Nikki Shiels).

Belinda is adamant their break-up was a mistake; she wants Steph back and she's prepared to move to Erinsborough herself if that's what it takes. Even though Steph clearly misses Belinda, she doesn't want to be around her if she's losing her grip on reality again.

She confesses her fears to Toadie (Ryan Moloney) and is thrilled when he doesn't believe she's really losing her mind. Instead, Toadie offers to help look deeper into the strange happenings that would suggest Steph's mental health is deteriorating.

When their investigations uncover a wireless speaker in the garage that someone appears to have used to make Steph think she was hearing music, Steph smells a rat.

Why would someone try to drive Steph insane and more importantly, who could be behind such a cruel scheme?

Credit: TV Soap 5th November 2015

tammyy2j
29-10-2015, 15:53
^ My guesses would be the ex girlfriend or Paul

gillyH1981
29-10-2015, 16:20
Why would Paul want to drive Steph insane?

Ames449
29-10-2015, 17:22
I'm really enjoying Steph being back. I can't wait to see what else is lined up for her in the new year. I'm hoping she'll get some gritty stuff.

LauBuch
29-10-2015, 19:22
Why would Paul want to drive Steph insane?

Paul clearly despises her and continues to be very vocal about it to Steph, despite her proven innocence. I doubt it is him, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was with things he has done in the past and is doing now.

gillyH1981
30-10-2015, 13:55
Carla Bonner on Steph Scully's return.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-eleven/neighbours/features/carla-bonner-on-steph-scullys-return

Sparklydee
30-10-2015, 21:23
Paul clearly despises her and continues to be very vocal about it to Steph, despite her proven innocence. I doubt it is him, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was with things he has done in the past and is doing now.

There is the upcoming storyline about a customer at the garage being paid by someone to ask for extra work on their car then pretend they didn't ask for it, to make Steph think she is going crazy. When I heard they were paid I immediately thought of Paul. Also Steph has told Amy she used to hear "Greensleeves" playing when she was having an episode. Amy could tell this to Paul.

Perdita
31-10-2015, 04:54
Neighbours returnee Steph Scully will confide in her friend Toadie Rebecchi about her relationship with newcomer Belinda later this month.

Belinda will turn up in Ramsay Street hot on the heels of Steph's recent decision to return there, but it soon becomes clear that the pair have very different ideas about their future.

Belinda's arrival will come as Steph (Carla Bonner) finds herself reaching breaking point when she is accused of starting the fire at Erinsborough High.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/44/618x412/soaps-neighbours-w46-ep7241-04.jpg
Belinda accuses Steph of telling the police about 'them'
© Channel 5
Belinda accuses Steph of talking to the police
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/44/618x417/soaps-neighbours-w46-ep7241-06.jpg
Belinda accuses Steph of telling the police about 'them'
© Channel 5
Belinda accuses Steph of talking to the police

Steph's problems then go from bad to worse when Belinda confronts her over what she has been telling the police and makes it clear that she thinks Steph is better off away from her old home.

As the pair kiss and make up, the moment is witnessed by a confused Toadie who later quizzes Steph on her latest love interest.

Although Steph initially lies to Toadie about her connection with Belinda, she later decides to tell him the whole truth, leaving him taken aback by the revelation.

However, when Belinda misreads the closeness between them, she accuses Steph of staying in Erinsborough for him, prompting a huge argument that could end their relationship for good. Have Steph's problems just got even worse?
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/44/618x412/soaps-neighbours-w46-ep7241-07.jpg
Toadie spies Belinda and Steph kissing
© Channel 5
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/44/618x412/soaps-neighbours-w46-ep7241-08.jpg
© Channel 5
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/44/618x412/soaps-neighbours-w46-ep7241-09.jpg
Steph reluctantly admits that Belinda is her ex
© Channel 5
Steph reluctantly admits that Belinda is her ex

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, November 9 and Tuesday, November 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

digitalspy

gillyH1981
31-10-2015, 15:10
There is the upcoming storyline about a customer at the garage being paid by someone to ask for extra work on their car then pretend they didn't ask for it, to make Steph think she is going crazy. When I heard they were paid I immediately thought of Paul. Also Steph has told Amy she used to hear "Greensleeves" playing when she was having an episode. Amy could tell this to Paul.

Paul walked into The Waterhole just after Steph told Amy about her hearing "Greensleeves". Paul could have overheard this.

Sounds like something Paul would do. he would definitely pay someone to make Steph think she's going insane.

Tuesday, 17th November - Aaron's angst
After Paul blackmails him into doing his dirty work for him, Aaron reluctantly complies with Paul's instructions - even though it means hurting an innocent victim.

It does sound like it could be Paul setting up Steph and making her look insane with the innocent victim being Steph.

Perdita
09-11-2015, 17:23
Steph Scully fears that she's losing her grip on reality in a tense new Neighbours trailer.

The troubled character will face yet more problems just as she is desperately trying to make amends for her past mistakes.

Upcoming episodes will see Steph (Carla Bonner) invite Vanessa Villante back to Erinsborough for a visit, hoping that she can find a way to apologise for kidnapping her young son Patrick two years ago.

https://youtu.be/2Dqwh4Uqoao

Unfortunately, Steph's attempts to move on are soon thwarted by some very strange occurrences which leave her spooked. Is she becoming unwell again, or could someone be targeting her? Neighbours has offered a sneak peek at the scenes in its new promo, which can be viewed above.

The soap's latest teaser also offers a first look at a nasty surprise for one Erinsborough family, as the culprit behind the recent school fire finally comes clean. What will the consequences be for the guilty party?

Neighbours airs these scenes in a fortnight's time on Channel 5 in the UK and all this week on Eleven in Australia.

LauBuch
10-11-2015, 13:47
Is anyone else finding it really uncomfortable watching Steph think she's possibly having another breakdown? I know that's probably the point of this storyline, but I can't wait for Paul to be caught!

ILTPandN
10-11-2015, 15:54
I'm watching at UK pace but know I'm not going to like watching this. Really hate that Paul does this.

sagittarius10
10-11-2015, 16:44
deleted

sagittarius10
10-11-2015, 16:46
Deadly accident
A dramatic car crash leaves a trapped Paul at Steph's mercy.

They say revenge is a dish best served cold. Well, Steph Scully is about to serve up hers and then some!

Steph (Carla Bonner) has endured a bumpy return to Erinsborough in Neighbours.

It gets even worse when it's revealed Paul (Stefan Dennis) has been messing with her mind. He wants to make her think she's suffered a relapse of her mental health issues!

In a dramatic twist, the pair are left fighting for their lives when they're involved in a car accident this week.

It's at this point Steph realises she isn't going crazy and that Paul has been setting her up!

The action-packed storyline begins with Steph being fired from her job at the garage. She's devastated.

"Steph gets sacked, which means she loses her day release," Carla, 42, tells TV Week.

"She has to go back to the hospital. The was her chance and it's blown."

When Steph leans on her oldest friend, Toadie (Ryan Moloney), for support, he admits he's worried about her mental health. Steph confesses she, too, is terrified of falling back down the dark hole.

Paul, meanwhile, is elated Steph has been given her marching orders. She'll quit Erinsborough - and leave him alone - for good.

He couldn't be more wrong!

It seems his daughter, Amy (Zoe Cramond), is doing anything she can to find Steph a new job.

"Amy is being an amazing support to her," Carla says.

Panicked, Paul decides to stop messing around and take matters into his own hands. He offers Steph a job at The Waterhole.

"Steph is taken aback by his offer," Carla says. "She can rationalise and believe he's doing it for Amy and that he has some sort of compassionate moment. So, she jumps at it."

Steph is playing right into Paul's hands. He knows he'll be able to finish off the job without a hitch.

When Steph's back it turned, he switches her mental health medication for psychotropic drugs!

Paul smiles and sits back to await her inevitable breakdown.

"She starts to feel a bit dizzy, a bit strange," Carla says.

"Then, she goes to the bathroom and starts talking to herself in the mirror but her image talks back. It's like 'Whoa!"

As Steph begins to melt down, Paul jumps in to "save the day" and offers to drive her to Bendigo to see her doctor.

"Steph is actually tripping off her face and is terrified," Carla explains.

As Paul drives them out of town, Steph gets a message on her phone. It alerts her to the truth about what Paul's just done.

Before she can quiz him about it, a car veers into their path and they career off the road and crash.

When Paul regains consciousness, he discovers Steph has found the pills in his pocket. He realises he's in big trouble...

"Paul is pinned by a branch," Carla explains. "All sorts of things are running through her head about how she can dispose of him.

"She knows what he's just done to her and how he's jeopardised everything. She wants to kill him."

Stuck in the wreckage of their car, it appears time - and karma - has finally caught up with Paul.

Steph, angry and still high, isn't thinking straight and is out for blood.

Is she about to do th unthinkable and kill off one of Neighbours most devious characters?

Source: TV Week 9th November 2015

LauBuch
10-11-2015, 18:27
I'm watching at UK pace but know I'm not going to like watching this. Really hate that Paul does this.

It's really uncomfortable. I have experience with mental illness (not quite to the extent the show has done) and it's awful. I mean, I actually like how they've dealt with it in the sense that, people were quite rightly skeptical about her coming back, but she's proven she's made big leaps since then.
I hate the fact Paul is doing this, I mean what's the motive? Everyone else is welcoming her or are at least working towards that, even for Paul it's low. I really hope Steph reports his actions, especially since he slips her psychotic drugs.

LauBuch
10-11-2015, 18:31
It's really uncomfortable. I have experience with mental illness (not quite to the extent the show has done) and it's awful. I mean, I actually like how they've dealt with it in the sense that, people were quite rightly skeptical about her coming back, but she's proven she's made big leaps since then and she really wasn't well at the time. If it helps end the stigma that surrounds mental illness, it's great, especially people accepting it is actually an illness and not something that can just be switched off.
I hate the fact Paul is doing this, I mean what's the motive? Everyone else is welcoming her or are at least working towards that, even for Paul it's low. I really hope Steph reports his actions, especially since he slips her psychotic drugs.

LauBuch
10-11-2015, 18:32
It's really uncomfortable. I have experience with mental illness (not quite to the extent the show has done) and it's awful. I mean, I actually like how they've dealt with it in the sense that, people were quite rightly skeptical about her coming back, but she's proven she's made big leaps since then.

Whoops! Meant to edit my post, not reply to it :p

LauBuch
13-11-2015, 11:17
Anyone else keep getting really creeped out by Belinda?

Sparklydee
13-11-2015, 12:41
Anyone else keep getting really creeped out by Belinda?

She is SO creepy and obsessive, it's actually uncomfortable to watch. If you had to guess which one had a mental illness, I'm not sure I'd choose Steph at this point.

LauBuch
13-11-2015, 15:48
She is SO creepy and obsessive, it's actually uncomfortable to watch. If you had to guess which one had a mental illness, I'm not sure I'd choose Steph at this point.

That's what I was thinking! Maybe she previously had a mental illness and chose to go into that career after recovering?
Either that or she has some serious control issues! With Belinda's clinginess and Paul tampering with Steph's mental state and meds, it's really uncomfortable viewing.
Poor Steph needs (and deserves) a break! I wonder if she'll get an apology from Sonya etc for all the hassle that I can imagine will come from this. Maybe even Vanessa should apologise when she finds out? I know what Steph done with Paddy was wrong on so many levels, but no one seems to understand (minus Toadie and Amy) that she mentally wasn't Steph, she was a different person. I thought Vanessa was a little harsh, but then again, on some level I get it.
I think Sonya definitely needs to apologise though, she is swinging back and forth on whether to trust Steph.
You'd think, Sonya of all people, would be understanding of letting someone have a second chance.

Sparklydee
13-11-2015, 16:11
That's what I was thinking! Maybe she previously had a mental illness and chose to go into that career after recovering?
Either that or she has some serious control issues! With Belinda's clinginess and Paul tampering with Steph's mental state and meds, it's really uncomfortable viewing.
Poor Steph needs (and deserves) a break! I wonder if she'll get an apology from Sonya etc for all the hassle that I can imagine will come from this. Maybe even Vanessa should apologise when she finds out? I know what Steph done with Paddy was wrong on so many levels, but no one seems to understand (minus Toadie and Amy) that she mentally wasn't Steph, she was a different person. I thought Vanessa was a little harsh, but then again, on some level I get it.
I think Sonya definitely needs to apologise though, she is swinging back and forth on whether to trust Steph.
You'd think, Sonya of all people, would be understanding of letting someone have a second chance.

Yes! I'm glad you said that about Vanessa. On the one hand, of course Vanessa went through an awful experience when her child was taken, but she isn't displaying any understanding of the fact that it was Steph's mental illness that took over, she honestly thought Paddy was Adam-she didn't do it out of malice or spite and Vanessa doesn't seem to understand that. Not many people do except Toadie and Amy I think. People are wary of small children being around her, which isn't helping her. I've a feeling Vaness is going to get Lucas to fire Steph from the garage. Hopefully she will apologise when she finds out about Paul. With Sonya, I think it's that she's threatened by the close bond between Toadie and Steph. I can't wait until all of this comes to a head-I really liked the original Steph back when she was mates with Dee, Lance, Toadie and Libby. I want that Steph back.

LauBuch
13-11-2015, 17:00
Yes! I'm glad you said that about Vanessa. On the one hand, of course Vanessa went through an awful experience when her child was taken, but she isn't displaying any understanding of the fact that it was Steph's mental illness that took over, she honestly thought Paddy was Adam-she didn't do it out of malice or spite and Vanessa doesn't seem to understand that. Not many people do except Toadie and Amy I think. People are wary of small children being around her, which isn't helping her. I've a feeling Vaness is going to get Lucas to fire Steph from the garage. Hopefully she will apologise when she finds out about Paul. With Sonya, I think it's that she's threatened by the close bond between Toadie and Steph. I can't wait until all of this comes to a head-I really liked the original Steph back when she was mates with Dee, Lance, Toadie and Libby. I want that Steph back.

I agree about her being fired and I hope they both return to offer Steph her job back when they learn the truth.
I can get why Sonya is nervous, but with her past and the mistakes she made (whether she slept round and such I don't know) I just wish she'd be a little more open to Steph being back, but hopefully that'll come with time.
And yes, I really want the old Steph back! She was always one of my favourite characters and when you see the old her coming out (like when they played wheelchair basketball) it's great!
I can't wait for this Paul and Steph storyline to be over (at least the part where Paul is in control). I just can't understand Paul's motives...
I doubt he gives two tosses about Lucas or Vanessa, Steph has proven over and over that she can be trusted around kids and Amy have made her feelings clear. I just don't get it.

Also, I HATED the fact they had Steph sleep with Dan. Steph and Libby's friendship was one of the best aspects of the show, a true bond. If Libby comes back, I hope they can get back to that.
They really ruined Steph's character as she came to the end of her contract and her brief return last time.

Sparklydee
13-11-2015, 17:40
I agree about her being fired and I hope they both return to offer Steph her job back when they learn the truth.
I can get why Sonya is nervous, but with her past and the mistakes she made (whether she slept round and such I don't know) I just wish she'd be a little more open to Steph being back, but hopefully that'll come with time.
And yes, I really want the old Steph back! She was always one of my favourite characters and when you see the old her coming out (like when they played wheelchair basketball) it's great!
I can't wait for this Paul and Steph storyline to be over (at least the part where Paul is in control). I just can't understand Paul's motives...
I doubt he gives two tosses about Lucas or Vanessa, Steph has proven over and over that she can be trusted around kids and Amy have made her feelings clear. I just don't get it.

Also, I HATED the fact they had Steph sleep with Dan. Steph and Libby's friendship was one of the best aspects of the show, a true bond. If Libby comes back, I hope they can get back to that.
They really ruined Steph's character as she came to the end of her contract and her brief return last time.

Yes the whole being in love with Drew thing was bad enough, then she had to go and sleep with Dan! I'd love to see Steph and Libby's friendship reprised. Paul puzzles me too-although someone said it was maybe because he was really close to Donna and therefore Ringo? I can't remember much about that. It seems weird that he would go to such extremes to drive her away-maybe there is something we don't know about yet, to do with his marriage to Lyn possibly?

LauBuch
13-11-2015, 18:00
Yes the whole being in love with Drew thing was bad enough, then she had to go and sleep with Dan! I'd love to see Steph and Libby's friendship reprised. Paul puzzles me too-although someone said it was maybe because he was really close to Donna and therefore Ringo? I can't remember much about that. It seems weird that he would go to such extremes to drive her away-maybe there is something we don't know about yet, to do with his marriage to Lyn possibly?

Oh yeah, I forgot about his closeness with Donna! But, the type of person Donna was (Is? She didn't die did she?) she wouldn't want Paul to be out to avenge Ringo on her behalf.
God, that was so long ago! Aha
Maybe something about Lyn would make sense with Carla Bonner saying she going to try and get some family and friends back. But I just don't see anything justifying Paul's actions. Not saying that's what you were implying, but he just...ugh, frustrates me so much for a fictional character :p Especially because he has shown so many times that he does have a true human side to him.

Dazzle
13-11-2015, 23:03

I'm watching at UK pace, but at the moment I get the impression Paul wants to get rid of Steph because he thinks she's a danger to Jimmy.

Perdita
14-11-2015, 04:57
Also ahead on Ramsay Street, Steph Scully will attempt to make amends for her past by coming face-to-face with Vanesssa Vilante.

Upcoming episodes will see Steph (Carla Bonner) invite Vanessa back to Erinsborough for a visit, hoping that she can find a way to apologise for kidnapping her young son Patrick two years ago.

Steph is hopeful when Vanessa agrees to meet her, but a surprise phone call sees her grip on reality come under scrutiny as she claims that her son Charlie has suddenly been in touch.

When Vanessa later makes her own doubts about Steph's wellbeing clear, the troubled mechanic is left vulnerable and scared.

Steph is buoyed when her friend Toadie doesn't believe that she is becoming unwell again but instead offers to help look deeper into the strange happenings.

Their investigations uncover a wireless speaker in the garage that someone appears to have used to make Steph think she was hearing music, but who is targeting Steph and why?
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/46/1280x853/gallery-1447167243-soaps-neighbours-w48-ep7252-04.jpg
Vanessa tells Steph what she really thinks of her
© Channel 5
​​Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, November 24 and Friday, November 27 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.​

Perdita
17-11-2015, 11:23
https://youtu.be/B8-YshfbpDc

The latest Neighbours trailer is even more action-packed than usual, as it offers a first look at a shock car crash involving Steph Scully.

Steph (Carla Bonner) will be travelling with her enemy Paul Robinson when the pair are driven off the road by another car which makes its way into their path.

The incident comes after Paul (Stefan Dennis) has agreed to drive Steph away from Erinsborough to seek medical help, as she fears that she is suffering a relapse with her mental health.

We can't help but wonder if poor Steph will ever catch a break, but hit play on the video above to see the first footage from the dramatic storyline.

Neighbours' newest promo features a variety of other exciting plots too, revealing a new return appearance for Doug Willis and hinting at a mysterious connection between Terese and newcomer Shay.

Paige Smith will also leave Mark Brennan stunned by asking him to marry her, but what will his response be?

Neighbours airs these scenes in a fortnight's time on Channel 5 in the UK and all this week on Eleven in Australi

LauBuch
17-11-2015, 15:35
Just watched the most recent episode (Aus pace) and I'm really ticked off with Sonya. This constant back and forth with her is really doing my head in!
I can appreciate she's wary and she's good friends with Vanessa, but make your mind up woman! Sonya was a totally different person when she was an addict, which is an illness, just like Steph has an illness. I'm struggling to understand why she can't accept Steph.
Even IF Steph was relapsing, she's just being cruel about it. C'mon Sonya, don't make me dislike you :p

Perdita
19-11-2015, 04:57
After the car crash, Steph moves in with Toadie and Sonya but will she come between them?

Steph is determined to get her life back on track, even after the horrific car accident she went through recently with Paul.

In Neighbours this week, Steph (Carla Bonner) gets Paul (Stefan Dennis) to admit he switched her medication to make her think she was going crazy.

She foces the truth from him when he's trapped in the car after their accident.

"It's a mixture of fury and relief," Carla, 42, says of Steph hearing Paul confess.

"It's a relief to know she hasn't relapsed and isn't losing her mind again."

Knowing it would hurt is daughter, Amy (Zoe Cramond), Steph decides against telling the police what Paul did.

"Steph has always been savy and street-smart," Carla says. "She also cares a lot about Amy and would never want to hurt her friend."

She tells Paul she'll keep quiet if he gives her a job at The Waterhole and some cash to get by.

"Steph chooses to use the situation to get ahead financially, which helps give her a little stability in moving forward," Carla explains.

When Sonya (Eve Morey) hears about Paul's actions, she feels guilty and apologises to Steph for being hostile towards her recently.

"It breaks down an important barrier," Carla says. "Toadie and Steph have always had a strong relationship but Sonya hadn't provided the same support."

When Steph mentions she's house-hunting, Sonya hastilu suggests she should move in with her and Toadie (Ryan Moloney) temporarily.

"With Sonya extending her hand in friendship and trust, Steph begins to feel she's been welcomed," Carla says.

Steph does have reservations.

"The relationship has only just found a supportive and positive footing and she doesn't want to ruin that," Carla explains.

Steph's former girlfriend, Belinda (Nikki Shiels), is upset to learn Steph is moving in with the pair and accuses Toadie of manipulating Steph.

During the argument, Toadie is fiercely protective of Steph, which leaves Sonya unsettled.

"Sonya is aware of the memories and history Steph and Toadie shared," Carla adds.

"So many people in the past have attempted to come between them. She doesn't want that to happen again."

Can the trio really live together?

TV Week

Summer8
19-11-2015, 08:54
Hmm can Toadie and Sonya survive this I wonder???

tammyy2j
19-11-2015, 11:22
Were Steph and Toadie ever a romantic couple or always just good friends?

LauBuch
19-11-2015, 13:00

If memory serves me, they were romantic for a while, long before Sonya showed up, then broke up. Then they married for some legal thing, not out of love and during this Sonya and Toadie broke up? I think that's what happened anyway? If I'm wrong, someone correct me! haha
I can appreciate why Sonya would be nervous. It's more than back and forth of her attitude towards Steph that is annoying me and I don't wanna be annoyed because I really like Sonya! :p

Perdita
19-11-2015, 13:45

I seem to remember that Steph had feelings for Drew who was engaged to be married to Lib and she told Toadie that they could only be friends after Toadie told her he loved her

Dazzle
19-11-2015, 17:51
I don't remember Steph and Toadie ever being romantically involved.

lizann
19-11-2015, 19:07
did toad have a thing for her which was unreciprocated

Perdita
19-11-2015, 19:19
did toad have a thing for her which was unreciprocated

Yes, he fell for her and told her about his feelings but she was secretly in love with somebody else, Drew, who was going to marry Libby Kennedy

Perdita
18-01-2016, 17:00
Steph Scully is confronted with her worst fears in this latest Neighbours trailer, as she learns that her son Charlie could be adopted.

Charlie is currently living with his dad Max in Fiji, but upcoming scenes will see Steph (Carla Bonner) learn that his new partner wants to make her care of the youngster official.

As seen in the promo above, a devastated Steph will share the worrying news with her friend Toadie, but this only serves to put further strain on his marriage to Sonya. The latest development will pave the way for Steph's mum Lyn to make a return to Ramsay Street next month.

​Elsewhere on Ramsay Street, Tyler Brennan finds himself facing a backlash for his involvement with Piper Willis.

After the pair share a kiss, Piper's protective brother Josh will warn Tyler to stay away from her, but as he continues to battle with his feelings for the teenager, will he listen?

New footage also previews some of Lilly Van der Meer​'s first scenes as Xanthe​ Canning, while Nate Kinski could have landed Susan Kennedy in a potentially dangerous situation.

Perdita
24-01-2016, 14:28
I would like to see her being mum to Charlie

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12552524_964409630304968_7977528210548407360_n.jpg ?oh=8bded2744052442f2b4d6a142e1a3b22&oe=5746C5E7

Perdita
25-02-2016, 06:18
A deep friendship is growing between Mark and Steph and may be going full speed ahead into romance.
Both Mark and Steph are nursing broken hearts when they unexpectedly find solace in one another. Steph is reeling after a meltdown, brought on by the heatwave and lack of medication, during a custody mediation session. Now Philippa and Max want full custody of Charlie (Xander McGuire) with no access and Steph’s (Carla Bonner) attempts to talk her son round fail when he rejects her, frightened her mental health issues are relapsing.
Blowing off steam she flees on her motorbike and bumps into Mark (Scott McGregor), who has been trying to move on after his wedding to Paige (Olympia Valance) ended with Mark arresting his own bride. Mark joins Steph on her motorbike ride and the two meet up with Steph’s bikie mates for a party in the motel Steph owns with Paul (Stefan Dennis).
Worried about the business reputation Paul blows up at Steph but she laughs that playing by the rules doesn’t get anyone anywhere. Paul orders the bikies to leave but they later seek Paul out for revenge. While Steph tries to apologise for her friends’ behaviour he tells her she’s out of their business arrangement.
When Mark finds out what Paul has said to Steph he goes to check up on her, using the excuse of fixing a motorbike. They chat away and it’s clear a deep friendship is growing between the pair. Needing something more to take her mind off her troubles Steph impulsively kisses Mark who, though shocked, kisses her back.
Mark isn’t sure about taking the moment further so Steph asks him to leave. While Tyler (Travis Burns) warns his brother not to rebound with someone who has so much baggage, Sonya (Eve Morey) encourages Steph to make amends with Mark. When they start hanging out again their chemistry heats up and it’s clear this relationship is on fast-forward. Could this be the start of a new Ramsay Street romance?

TV Soap

Perdita
29-02-2016, 05:52
Mark and Steph are both suffering... nothing that a motorbike ride and a party can’t ease but both may be looking for more.
Two of Ramsay Street’s most heartbroken souls could be headed for a hot new romance in thrilling new episodes of Neighbours. Both Mark and Steph have been dealt huge personal blows. Mark was meant to be basking in newly wedded bliss with Paige while Steph was meant to be back with her son Charlie but neither got what they wanted. Could they find comfort and love in one another?
Fighting for Charlie (Xander McGuire) had been Steph’s (Carla Bonner) main focus since getting her life in Erinsborough back on track but her mediation session over custody of the son she had with ex-husband Max (Stephen Lovatt) goes belly up thanks to a missed dosage of her medication and the heatwave. She gets agitated and lashes out at Philippa (Wendy Bos), Max’s wife.
The situation goes from bad to worse when Charlie hears of Steph’s relapse and he rejects her attempts to convince Philippa not to go for full custody. Furious that her hopes of a relationship with Charlie have been dashed, she speeds off on her motorbike and comes across Mark, who is in a similar state of dispair.
Mark’s (Scott McGregor) relationship with Paige (Olympia Valance) was shattered when, fuelled by his anger over what he believed was her involvement in a string of local robberies, he arrested her at the altar. He felt betrayed and was devastated she couldn’t trust him enough to tell him she’d been set up in a revenge plot. It was the last straw in their fragile on-again, off-again relationship, which has been tested by their age gap with both at very different stages in life.
While Mark wants to settle down and have a family, Paige is still trying to figure out what she wants from life. After the painful fallout from the failed wedding, it seems there’s no going back for the pair so an offer to go on a motorbike ride and partying with Steph seems like fun.
While out they bump into Jacka, a bikie mate of one of Steph’s ex-boyfriends. She asks him and him and his friends to join her and Mark back at her motel. The group has a blast chatting and joking aroud until Steph’s business partner, Paul (Stefan Dennis), finds out she’s hanging with the “wrong crowd” in their fledgling establishment. He blasts Steph, accusing her of risking the moteal’s reputation but Steph is so shattered about Charlie she tells him she doesn’t care. Unfortunately for Paul the bikies are angry at the way he’s treated their friend and they seek revenge.
Although Steph tries to apologise to Paul, he tells her their business deal is over. Finding out about yet another blow to Steph, Mark goes to check on her, pretending he wants help fixing a motorbike. Wanting to distract herself, Steph goes in for a past and although Mark is surprised he kisses her too. After all their heartache, could Mark and Steph finally find happiness with each other?

Soap World

LauBuch
04-03-2016, 18:44
Just caught up on like 3 weeks worth of Neighbours after going a lil holiday! haha

The video call that Steph had with Charlie he kept looking up, do you reckon Phillipa was monitoring to make sure he didn't say he wants to see Steph?
I sort of get the feeling he'd be open to visiting her every now and then but Phillipa and Max just wouldn't do that, whereas Steph is making sure Charlie is happy but isn't ready to give up just yet! #TeamSteph :p

Dazzle
05-03-2016, 00:56
The video call that Steph had with Charlie he kept looking up, do you reckon Phillipa was monitoring to make sure he didn't say he wants to see Steph?

Yes, there was definitely someone else with Charlie just out of sight - probably Philippa as she seems to be the driving force behind the adoption plan. Perhaps she's got Max drugged and locked up somewhere... :p

fragglerock
10-03-2016, 13:39
I understand that Mark has been through a lot as has Steph and i can see why they would make a good partnership as they are both strong characters and independant as well. Paige is not as independant but the issue really isnt any of the three characters, Mark, Steph or Paige its where the script writers are taking those characters. I mean paige always had baggage but also so did Mark but they both had amazing chemistry till the writers destroyed it all and it ended up like this.

Now comes steph is already stuffed up really, so besides back to jail or drugs im not sure how much further down they can destroy her character. But the thing i hate the most is that while i understand Mark is confused but heck he has been for ages since before he met Paige so how much longer is Mark going to be the indecisive one and not be able to make a decision to save his life when it comes to relationships.

Same as if Paige is going off the rails it is Mark's job to sort it out as he was the one in the relationship, the flack shouldnt fall on steph. If they are going to make Mark's and Paige's characters so pathetic with no backbone at all, give Steph a different script or different partner. Why take her down the stupid path if your not going to fix the other two characters.

fragglerock
10-03-2016, 13:39
I understand that Mark has been through a lot as has Steph and i can see why they would make a good partnership as they are both strong characters and independant as well. Paige is not as independant but the issue really isnt any of the three characters, Mark, Steph or Paige its where the script writers are taking those characters. I mean paige always had baggage but also so did Mark but they both had amazing chemistry till the writers destroyed it all and it ended up like this.

Now comes steph is already stuffed up really, so besides back to jail or drugs im not sure how much further down they can destroy her character. But the thing i hate the most is that while i understand Mark is confused but heck he has been for ages since before he met Paige so how much longer is Mark going to be the indecisive one and not be able to make a decision to save his life when it comes to relationships.

Same as if Paige is going off the rails it is Mark's job to sort it out as he was the one in the relationship, the flack shouldnt fall on steph. If they are going to make Mark's and Paige's characters so pathetic with no backbone at all, give Steph a different script or different partner. Why take her down the stupid path if your not going to fix the other two characters.

Splashy
10-03-2016, 22:52
What annoyed me recently was she got all upset so weent on her motor bike for a upset ride, well that ened well when she last did it

Dazzle
10-03-2016, 23:03
What annoyed me recently was she got all upset so weent on her motor bike for a upset ride, well that ened well when she last did it

It ended well for us viewers... :p

SoapsJSK
15-03-2016, 21:10
I'm beginning to feel Paul and Steph being much better suited than Paul and Terese...

LauBuch
22-03-2016, 17:39
I'm beginning to feel Paul and Steph being much better suited than Paul and Terese...

Don't make me sick :p

Mark and Steph make a lot of sense for me personally :)

Dazzle
22-03-2016, 21:01
Mark and Steph make a lot of sense for me personally :)

I agree with you. :)

LauBuch
27-03-2016, 20:41
I just caught up on this week of Neighbours and I have to say, I really like Steph and Mark together! Mark seems more relaxed than I can remember him being in a long time and I love the fact that even though they aren't "official" or at least, I don't think they had a chat about what they are did they? Anyway, I love the fact they have so far been 100% honest with each other, it's a nice way to start it!

Oh gosh, I sound like Mark/Kate shipper :p haha
I promise to start no petitions or a war if Steph and Mark don't become a couple or stay together :p

Perdita
06-01-2017, 12:41
Neighbours is lining up an explosive new story for Steph Scully which will see her harbour a big secret as she prepares to marry Mark Brennan.

Mark (Scott McGregor) popped the question to Steph (Carla Bonner) in the show's season finale episodes back in December, and the pair will make their engagement official when Neighbours returns to our screens next week.

Clips in the promo below show Mark presenting Steph with an engagement ring, and the pair later share their happy news with a delighted Sonya and Toadie - who have a bombshell of their own.

Sonya offered to be a surrogate mother for the duo, who are unable to have children naturally, and to her surprise, learned that she was pregnant during our last visit to Ramsay Street.

https://youtu.be/YZvDxoemDco
But as Steph prepares to settle down with Mark forever, it's clear that the couple's happiness could be rocked as she harbours a rather threatening secret.

The preview sees Steph confiding in Lauren Turner about how she's attracted to somebody else, just after a cosy moment she's shared with returning character Victoria Lamb.

Victoria is the mother of school girl Josie - who used to date Toadie and Sonya's son Callum - and will be returning to the show alongside her family this year.

Long-term viewers may remember that Victoria previously had a female partner called Ellen, while of course Steph has been in a same-sex relationship before with Belinda.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/35/768x512/gallery-1472570811-embargoed-until-5-september-2016-neighbours-week-36-ep-7447-002.jpg
Belinda and Steph in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5
Whether or not anything will come of Steph's secret feelings remains to be seen, but it certainly looks set to throw a spanner in the works when it comes to her impending marriage to Mark...

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in

Pantherboy
18-01-2017, 21:13
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours spoilers: Could Steph Scully be tempted by Victoria Lamb next week?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a819088/neighbours-spoilers-steph-scully-victoria-lamb-chemistry/

Pantherboy
05-02-2017, 21:27
The latest TV Week has the following plot teaser for next week on Neighbours (Feb 13 - 17):

Overstepping The Mark

Steph Busts A Guilty Elly Leaving Her Fiance's Bedroom

It hasn't been smooth sailing for Steph & Mark of late.

Surrogacy dramas have put pressure on the newly engaged couple. And the arrival of saucy brunette Victoria didn't help matters either.

This week, Mark, in the wake of a devastating fight with Steph, turns to the bottle to drown his sorrows. He drinks himself into a stupor & quickly falls asleep.

Later, when Steph decides to head to his house to say sorry, she makes a shocking discovery.

As she lets herself into his house, she comes face-to-face with a decidedly guilty-looking Elly. She's leaving Mark's room.

What was Elly doing there? And what will this mean for Steph & Mark's future?

Okwhatever
06-02-2017, 16:14
Mark wouldn't sleep with Elly. She probably felt guilty cuz Syrph caught her! So she looked guilty of something anyway. She probably just tried to help him home or something

indigodance
06-02-2017, 22:50
Sonya was the nail in the coffin for Steph and Mark - she just cant keep her nose out of others lives. Considering her past history the way Callum was brought up she should have a lot more compassion for others struggling with major life issues .... but no ..... what Sonya does is always right in her eyes no matter what the consequences .... Wish Toady would grow some and stand up to her a bit more.

Perdita
13-02-2017, 07:51
Steph Scully looks cosier than ever with her new love interest Victoria Lamb in the latest Neighbours spoiler pictures – but it's not long before she's paying the price.

Fans have witnessed a growing bond between the pair in recent weeks, but Steph (Carla Bonner) has always stopped short of responding to Victoria's advances.

Next week's episodes see Steph full of concern when she hears how Victoria (Claudia Greenstone) has been left homeless after being kicked out by her partner Ellen Crabb.

This means that poor Victoria is sleeping in her office, as she has nowhere else to go and Ellen has full control of the finances.

Determined to help, Steph kindly offers Victoria a room at the motel free of charge until she's back on her feet.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/06/768x512/gallery-1486937900-soaps-neighbours-victoria-lamb-steph-scully-2.jpg
Steph Scully helps Victoria Lamb move into the motel in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5
Victoria isn't sure it's such a good idea as she fears that she won't be able to resist temptation with Steph around, but Steph insists that it'll be fine as they can easily keep their distance from each other.

Later on, Steph isn't exactly keeping that promise when she helps Victoria to move her belongings – and there could be trouble ahead when it's clear that someone is watching them from afar.

Not long afterwards, Steph is unsettled to suddenly find her bike damaged, especially when it's obvious that it's been done deliberately.

Could this be a warning to stay away from Victoria? And if so, who is responsible?
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/06/768x512/gallery-1486937975-soaps-neighbours-victoria-lamb-steph-scully-3.jpg
© CHANNEL 5
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/06/768x512/gallery-1486938062-soaps-neighbours-victoria-lamb-steph-scully-4.jpg
© CHANNEL 5
Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, February 22 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on

Digital Spy

Perdita
23-02-2017, 13:34
Looks like Neighbours favourite Steph Scully may finally be ready to try out a relationship with Victoria Lamb.

The pair have been growing close for weeks now but have always stopped short of getting together properly, especially with their other respective love interests Mark Brennan and Ellen Crabb to think about.

Even now that both ladies are single and very free to be together, they've found themselves feeling guilty about their connection.

Disapproval from bitter Mark and Ellen hasn't helped matters, nor has Steph (Carla Bonner) being targeted by a mystery culprit who has seemingly damaged her bike in retaliation.

Thursday's Neighbours episode, which has already aired on Channel 11 in Australia, saw Victoria (Claudia Greenstone) finally crumble under the pressure by deciding to move out of Steph's motel in the hope that Steph's suspected enemy Ellen would back off as a result.

Although it looked like Steph was going to accept Victoria's decision and let her go, she finally threw caution to the wind by instead going in for a passionate kiss.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/08/768x516/gallery-1487852666-soaps-neighbours-victoria-lamb-steph-scully-thursday-5.png
Victoria Lamb and Steph Scully kiss in Neighbours
© FREMANTLE MEDIA
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/08/768x516/gallery-1487852887-soaps-neighbours-victoria-lamb-steph-scully-thursday-7-1.png
Victoria Lamb and Steph Scully kiss in Neighbours
© FREMANTLE MEDIA
Many Neighbours fans are already rooting for Steph and Victoria to be together after so much chemistry recently, but the bad news is that Steph's troubles aren't over yet.

With her mysterious attacker still waiting in the shadows next week, Steph finds it difficult to sleep and her new relationship with Victoria starts to suffer as a result - already!

Can Steph make it work, or will she crash and burn?

Digital Spy

HarryHedgehog
14-03-2017, 14:13
Sonya was the nail in the coffin for Steph and Mark - she just cant keep her nose out of others lives. Considering her past history the way Callum was brought up she should have a lot more compassion for others struggling with major life issues .... but no ..... what Sonya does is always right in her eyes no matter what the consequences .... Wish Toady would grow some and stand up to her a bit more.

Is it me or has Sonya morphed into Susan Kennedy from 10yrs ago?

Aussieguy
15-03-2017, 05:39
Well looks like they crashed and burned. Pity as they were a good couple

lizann
21-07-2017, 01:04
steph didn't want a kid with mark but happy helping jack and gabriel, is this a way to put jack and her together

lizann
20-02-2018, 21:57
has she always wanted libby's fellas

HarryHedgehog
20-02-2018, 23:14
has she always wanted libby's fellas

Not sure Steph wanted more than the one of Libby's fellas.

Was a long time ago but if I remember rightly Steph was in love with Drew who she worked with but never did anything about it cos he was with Libby.

Wouldn't say Dan (Fitzy) was really wanted. Briefly:
Fitzy had a massive crush on Steph but she only saw him as a mate. She rejected him so he left town.
He later came back & hooked up with Libby instead (they were doomed from the start as Susan felt the need to have a greater say in their relationship than he did).
Fitzy (now mostly referred to as Dan) married Libby & Steph fell for Dan's brother Lucas but he was pretending he didn't feel the same way.
Steph & Dan were both really mad about stuff so the took it out in each other (accidently creating Adam in the process).

Don't remember interest in any other men/boys in Libby's life.

Sparklydee
21-02-2018, 12:32
Exactly. It was only Drew, and that was basically love at first sight, but then she realised he was with Libby. The fact that they’ve been out with a few of the same guys only means that the dating pool in Erinsborough has always been shallow.

lizann
21-02-2018, 17:53
lucas wanted libby too

HarryHedgehog
22-02-2018, 20:04
lucas wanted libby too

I always thought that was more a nod to the actor having previously played Darren Stark - former beau of Libby.

Sparklydee
22-02-2018, 22:41
It was more just sex with Libby and Lucas, but with Steph he was really in love with her.

lizann
23-02-2018, 23:50
It was more just sex with Libby and Lucas, but with Steph he was really in love with her.

i was sure lucas was well into libby even loved, he was jealous of dan

Sparklydee
25-02-2018, 18:42
i was sure lucas was well into libby even loved, he was jealous of dan

Maybe so, can’t really remember tbh but he loved Steph enough to want to go on the run with her and Charlie before the Ringo trial.

yeschef77
02-03-2018, 07:23
love steph...do you all think her and mark will get back together

Sparklydee
02-03-2018, 12:31
love steph...do you all think her and mark will get back together

I love Steph too, I’m not sure if her and Mark will get back together because there’s still the baby issue. They’d have to wait a while until he gets over Paige as well. I do want her to meet someone new, and be happy though. Preferably someone who is not and never has been in love with Paige 😀

Perdita
22-03-2018, 12:21
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a852918/neighbours-spoilers-carla-bonner-steph-scully-exit-fears/

She leaving???

Sparklydee
27-03-2018, 23:23
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a852918/neighbours-spoilers-carla-bonner-steph-scully-exit-fears/

She leaving???

Unfortunately I think she is. I’ve been told she filmed her final scenes on 9 March 😢😢

AussieTV
28-03-2018, 09:17
Unfortunately I think she is. I’ve been told she filmed her final scenes on 9 March 😢😢

Noooo. :( If you mind me asking, where did you find that she has left/filmed her final scenes?

Sparklydee
28-03-2018, 09:52
Noooo. :( If you mind me asking, where did you find that she has left/filmed her final scenes?

A couple of her insta posts suggested it, and her boyfriend was on set on 9 March supporting her. Mavournee’s insta story for the following week showed Carla’s photo had been taken down from the wall in the make-up room, and someone who has a pretty reliable source said they were told that her final scenes were on 9th. So putting all this together with her Twitter comment it seems as if it’s true, but she could be just taking a break rather than leaving permanently, hope so anyway!

AussieTV
28-03-2018, 11:12
A couple of her insta posts suggested it, and her boyfriend was on set on 9 March supporting her. Mavournee’s insta story for the following week showed Carla’s photo had been taken down from the wall in the make-up room, and someone who has a pretty reliable source said they were told that her final scenes were on 9th. So putting all this together with her Twitter comment it seems as if it’s true, but she could be just taking a break rather than leaving permanently, hope so anyway!

Ahhh, okay, thanks. :) . Hopefully she is only taking break!

Pantherboy
19-04-2018, 23:19
Digital Spy article:

7 reasons why losing Neighbours' Steph Scully is a massive mistake.

Where do we sign the petition?

Say it ain't so! Unless the rumour mill has badly malfunctioned, it seems that Neighbours fans only have a few weeks left to enjoy Steph Scully on their screens.

Carla Bonner, who plays the fan favourite, dropped a massive hint about Steph's upcoming exit on her Twitter page last month and sent her loyal followers into meltdown as the bad news sunk in.

As is usually the case with cast changes, Neighbours bosses aren't commenting on Steph's departure – but Carla has hit the 'like' button on a number of tweets from viewers who are already bemoaning her departure. And we feel just as sad for these seven very important reasons…

1. Steph is one of Ramsay Street's most recognisable faces

If you're a soap producer, one of the golden rules is to keep hold of the well-loved faces in the cast for as long as possible. Familiarity is important in long-running shows, as there's nothing worse than tuning back in after missing a few months' worth of episodes and finding that you don't know who anybody is.

In Neighbours, characters like Karl, Susan, Paul and Toadie provide those familiar touchstones for casual viewers – but we'd put Steph on that exclusive list too. The Scully era of Neighbours was a true golden period for the show in the late '90s and early '00s – who can forget the days of Steph, Flick and Michelle ruling the roost on the Street?

2. Carla always delivers in dramatic storylines

Steph has taken centre stage in some of Neighbours' blockbuster storylines over the years – including love triangles, health scares, epic family fall-outs and mental health struggles.

As Carla is one of the most capable actors in Neighbours, writers and storyliners over the years have always known they could rely on her – not only to deliver top-notch performances, but also to explore difficult issues with the sensitivity they deserve.

While Steph has been crimally underused in the storyline stakes recently, we reckon there's still loads more that the writers could have done with her character. Drama is never far away when you're a Scully, after all.

3. Steph has fantastic links to the show's past

After appearing in Neighbours on and off since 1999, Steph has links to a number of other hugely popular characters from the show's rich history. Steph's presence in Erinsborough naturally provides a reason for her mum Lyn Scully to return and it was always a delight to see Janet Andrewartha back in the popular role.

Steph also has connections to other former Ramsay Street residents who we'd love to see back, like Michelle, Valda, Boyd, Summer and Max, so we can't help thinking that her departure closes the door on some of our biggest dream returnees, who wouldn't have much other reason to come back. Boo!

4. Toadie needs her!

Steph and Toadie have one of the strongest friendships in the soap world and we're not ready to see them torn apart just yet. Especially because we're nervously anticipating another action-packed year of drama for Toadie.

With Fake Dee still out there harbouring a big secret, and the real Dee possibly back from the dead too, surely Toadie will need someone to help him get his head around it all? Keeping track of both Dees is definitely a two-person job.

5. The show is losing a great bisexual character

Neighbours is unquestionably the most progressive of the Aussie soaps with its LGBT representation, and although she's not defined by her sexuality, Steph's storylines have been a key part of that in the past few years. As well as having relationships with Mark Brennan and Jack Callahan in her latest stint on the Street, Steph's also had romantic storylines with Belinda Bell and Victoria Lamb – and is seen by many fans as a positive role model.

Praising the decision to explore Steph's sexuality in 2015, Carla described it as "a really smart move on the part of the writers and producer". She added: "If it contributes to normalising same-sex relationships in some way, that's great."

6. The show is waving goodbye to too many popular characters

Neighbours managed to keep a lot of stability in the cast last year, but fans have had the rug pulled from under them recently with Tyler, Paige, Jack and Ben all leaving in quick succession. Steph will be the fifth character to leave this year, which is a pretty big deal in Neighbours terms since the cast is so small.

While we've enjoyed getting to know new arrivals like Chloe Brennan and the extended Rebecchi family, we still need the old favourites and Steph's departure could be an exit too far for some viewers.

7. She's the most popular Neighbours character – officially!

Well, kind of. In 2010, a Neighbours poll commissioned for the show's 25th anniversary saw Steph named as the most popular character of all time – beating the likes of Toadie, Harold and even Kylie Minogue's iconic alter ego Charlene Robinson.

This popularity wasn't just a rogue result, either. Way back in 2002, CBBC's Newsround programme had a similar poll which also saw Steph come out in front as the most popular Neighbours character on screen at the time. Impressive stuff!

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Aussieguy
20-04-2018, 05:45
Bit surprised that Steph is the most popular character ever. Would have thought perhaps Harold or Susan or even Toad.

lizann
21-04-2018, 01:31
Bit surprised that Steph is the most popular character ever. Would have thought perhaps Harold or Susan or even Toad.

she wouldn't be mine

Mirjam
17-05-2018, 16:37
It is confirmed that Steph indeed will be leaving neighbours: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a857332/neighbours-carla-bonner-steph-scullys-exit/

Pantherboy
28-05-2018, 00:40
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals Steph Scully's exit storyline in new pictures.

It's the end of an era!

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a858152/neighbours-spoilers-steph-scully-exit-storyline/

Neighbours legend Steph Scully says a bittersweet farewell to Ramsay Street in these brand new pictures.

Following two months of rumours surrounding her future, Steph bows out from the show next week after nearly three years back on screen as a regular character.

Upcoming episodes see Steph finalise her plans to move to Sydney, but she won't be leaving alone.

Following recent dramas at home, Max Hoyland's wife Philippa agrees that Steph's eldest son Charlie (Alexander McGuire) can join her for a while when she moves away.

This will give Max and Philippa some time to work on their rocky marriage, while also allowing Steph to strengthen the bond she has with her son.

Much to Steph's delight, there's also a final surprise for her before she leaves, as Toadie flies in her youngest son Adam Fitzgerald (Archie Campbell) to join her and Charlie on their road trip.

Finally reunited with both of her sons, a grateful and overwhelmed Steph bids an emotional farewell to Toadie and Sonya, before hitting the road with the boys to build her brand new life.

Carla Bonner, who plays Steph, let news of her departure slip on Twitter in March after Neighbours fans had started to question her lack of storylines.

Carla told her followers that they were being "weaned", leaving many viewers upset that Steph would be departing Erinsborough again.

The popular star has played Steph on and off since 1999.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, June 7 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Pantherboy
07-06-2018, 23:16
Digital Spy article on Steph's exit:

Neighbours: 8 of Steph Scully's greatest moments as she bows out from Ramsay Street.
Come back soon!

Neighbours fans will need their tissues today (June 7) as a Ramsay Street favourite bids farewell for the latest and perhaps final time. Yes, nearly two decades since she first rocked up, Steph Scully (Carla Bonner) is departing Ramsay Street once again and thankfully this time, on much happier terms.

A lot can happen in 19 years and no-one knows that better than Steph Scully. Multiple marriages and near marriages, children and stepchildren, career changes, bike crashes, illness, infidelity… she's done it all. So, as we wave goodbye, let's take look at some of Steph's best and most unforgettable moments.

1. Steph's secret love for Drew

Scott and Charlene. Karl and Susan. Harold and Lou. Madge and her croaky voice. Neighbours is full of memorable pairings, and up there with the best of them were Steph and Libby. The chemistry between Carla Bonner and Kym Valentine was some of the best in soap, and fans loved them. Instant BFFs, their friendship even survived a memorable bike crash that left Libby almost-certainly unable to have children. Enter Libby's soulmate, hunky mechanic Drew.

Lusting after your best friend's man is hardly the most endearing trait, but what made it different was that Steph never acted on it. There was no cheap affair and no stolen kisses. Steph silently pined and even when the truth was finally revealed, she respected Libby and Drew and stepped aside.

Steph remained a loyal friend right to the end, which is more than can be said for the horse that took Drew's life. Let's just hope Steph never told Libby about that series of erotic dreams featuring Drew in 2006, eh?

2. Steph and Marc's wedding day disaster

No, not Mark Brennan, but rather Marc Lambert, one-time assistant-manager of Lassiter's. With Drew unobtainable, Steph forged ahead with a rushed engagement to the sleazy Mr Lambert. There was just one problem: he was also having it off with Steph's little sister, Flick.

Guilt eventually got the better of the cheating pair on the big day and Steph was left feeling like a fool at the altar, but there's a saying: hell hath no fury like a Scully scorned.

Steph proved it as she ripped Flick a new one right in the middle of Ramsay Street. While Marc was a bit of a plot device, the fallout was fantastic, and the wedding day showdown was a truly unforgettable moment.

3. Steph's battle with cancer

When Steph met and fell in love with single dad Max Hoyland, Steph settled into domestic bliss and it seemed like things were finally looking up. Then the worst happened, and Steph received a devastating breast cancer diagnosis.

Despite her setbacks, Steph had always remained fiery and confident – which made this storyline even more upsetting. Eager to protect Max and the kids, Steph ended their relationship. She lost her hair and her usual array of vests gave way to baggy clothes to hide her body.

As always, Carla Bonner rose to the challenge and delivered some of her best scenes as she portrayed Steph's battle and proved herself to be one of Neighbours' finest talents.

4. Steph fights to save her son

When Steph discovered she was pregnant a few years later, she was elated, and it seemed she could finally have it all. However, true to form, nothing ever runs smoothly for our Steph and those erotic dreams about Drew were a warning that her cancer had returned – and this time it wasn't just her life on the line.

With Karl unable to guarantee that treatment wouldn't affect Charlie's health, Steph made the daring decision to forego chemotherapy until her child was born. While Max tried to have her sectioned, Steph fought for Charlie's survival, despite her own failing health. Luckily things worked out for both mum and son, but the incident proved that Steph would never let anyone dictate her actions or her body.

5. Steph's baby lie

After her marriage with Max broke up for good, and after a runaway bride moment at the altar with Toadie, there was only ever really one more man for her: Lucas Fitzgerald. When Steph saw Libby and Lucas kiss, she made one of the biggest mistakes of her life – sleeping with Libby's ex-husband, Dan! Lucky for Steph, Dan swiftly departed, and the secret seemed safe… until Steph discovered she was pregnant.

Not wanting to break her bestie's heart, Steph and Toadie concocted to a plot to pretend the baby was Toadie's and resume their previous relationship. What could go wrong?

Well, just about everything. Toadie began to fall for Sonya and of course, pesky Paul Robinson getting involved and playing a recording about the lie in a packed-out pub! The resulting drama was fantastic and the confrontation between the former friends was electric. However, this was to be the greatest turning point in Steph's life so far.

6. Steph gets sent down

When Carla Bonner's departure was announced in 2010, fans hoped Steph could make amends and leave on a high, but it wasn't to be, and few could've predicted just how bad things would end up. Steph gave her new son to his father and fell into a deep depression. When Libby reached out to help her friend reconsider, the resulting argument caused Steph to speed off and kill Ringo Brown in a bike crash.

Despite a moving plea from Ringo's wife Donna, not even the future Oscar nominee Margot Robbie could save Steph from a prison sentence. As she was led off to jail after 11 years on the show, fans were horrified at such a sad exit for a much-loved character. Was this really going to be it for Steph?

7. The comeback

When a brief return in 2013 caused Steph to 'do a Ronnie Mitchell' and steal a baby, fans had pretty much given up hope that Steph could return and be redeemed. Fast forward to 2015 and the soap gods mercifully decided that Steph was due a second chance, but as a different woman to the character we last saw.

Having received psychiatric help, Steph was now a shining example of a soap character living with their mental illness but refusing to let it rule her life. Steph was a far cry from the usual depiction of mental illness as 'crazy.'

Not only was Steph's return a refreshing portrayal of mental health, but she also helped diversify Ramsay Street by coming out as bisexual after having an affair with her former nurse, Belinda.

8. Steph rebuilds her life

Steph's most recent stint has seen her have a varied life. She's jumped from mechanic to motel owner, to wellbeing guru, she's had a fling with a former priest and even shocked us all by becoming friends with her former enemy Paul.

The most satisfying scenes, however, were those with her family. It was fab to see shrill Lyn pop up to cause a bit of grief in her own loving way and seeing Steph slowly but surely gain the trust of her sons. Getting her boys back in her life has been a rewarding watch and exactly what Steph's deserved after so many years of difficulty.

As she waves goodbye Erinsborough with her two boys in tow, let's hope it's a farewell for now. We'd love to see her return in a few years with her sons, a wife, a few stepkids and even dotty Lyn back to boot. Until then, we'll miss Steph Scully, a modern-day soap legend.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

lizann
07-03-2019, 01:57
she should be back for toad

Ruffed_lemur
07-03-2019, 16:42
she should be back for toad

Would be lovely if they could get her back, she'd be a great help to Toadie.

They have done well getting others back though.

kaz21
07-03-2019, 19:31
I’ve heard she didn’t leave ont he best terms. So that might be why, she’s not come back.

Pantherboy
11-03-2019, 21:31
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours bosses wanted to bring back Steph Scully for Sonya's memorial
Carla Bonner was asked back, but she was unavailable.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a26780660/neighbours-wanted-steph-scully-return-sonya-rebecchi-memorial-carla-bonner/

Neighbours is bringing back several characters for Sonya Rebecchi's memorial, but one person missing will be Steph Scully.

The memorial airs today in the UK (March 11), and although Carla Bonner's hugely popular character won't be in Erinsborough for the service, it wasn't for a lack of trying from bosses.

Neighbours story editor Shane Isheev revealed that they approached Bonner but sadly scheduling didn't work out.

"The actress was asked to return, but unfortunately she wasn't available," he said on Twitter. "We missed Steph too!"

Although Steph isn't returning, fans will see Lucas Fitzgerald (Scott Major), Vanessa Villante (Alin Sumarwata), Angie Rebecchi (Lesley Baker) and Willow Somers (Mieke Billing-Smith) back for the sombre occasion.

Sonya's son Callum (Morgan Baker) and sister Jade (Gemma Pranita), who've recently returned to screens, are also in attendance.

Eve Morey's final scenes as Sonya aired last week, as she passed away on a family holiday with Toadie and the kids just weeks after being diagnosed with stage four cancer.

In a recent interview with Digital Spy, Morey revealed that it was not her choice to leave, although she stressed that there were no hard feelings at all.

"It was a decision made by the production," she explained. "From what I understand, at the end of 2017, the show was at a point of, 'Is it going to go ahead, or is it not?'

"In the end it did, but there were going to have to be big changes and every department suffered that. When it comes to the cast, I was one of them."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

lizann
11-03-2019, 23:49
no mention or a skype call filmed would have done

Aussieguy
12-03-2019, 03:35
Wonder if any other actors were let go for the same reason?