PDA

View Full Version : Vicious

Perdita
16-04-2013, 17:33
Vicious, a brand new studio sitcom that stars respected luminaries of British stage and screen, Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi who will be joined by Frances de la Tour in this unashamedly wicked new comedy.

Episode one:

Freddie and Stuart host a wake to mark the passing of a dear friend. Joined by their small circle of elderly friends, the couple manage to create a splendidly awkward evening of very little food and biting insults. They are also joined by Ash who is Freddie and Stuart’s new neighbour. Ash spends the evening attempting to be a good guest whilst fending off the advances of Freddie and Stuart’s best friend Violet.

Cast list:

Freddie – Ian McKellen
Stuart – Derek Jacobi
Violet – Frances de le Tour
Ash – Iwan Rheon
Penelope – Marcia Warren
Mason – Phillip Voss

This looks quite funny from the trailers I have seen :D

alan45
16-04-2013, 22:47
Vicious, a brand new studio sitcom will air on ITV later this month. Respected luminaries of British stage and screen, Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi head the cast and will be joined by Frances de la Tour in this unashamedly wicked new comedy.

The show is written by Gary Janetti, the Emmy nominated writer/producer behind hit shows Family Guy and Will & Grace.

Vicious tells the story of ageing partners, Freddie (played by Ian McKellen) and Stuart (played by Derek Jacobi), two men who have lived together in a small London flat for nearly 50 years. Freddie was a budding actor and Stuart a barman when they first met but their careers are now pretty much over and their lives now consist of reading books, walking their dog and bickering….

Joining Freddie and Stuart is feisty best friend Violet (played by Frances de la Tour). She’s young at heart with a delicious sense of humour and always on hand to calm Freddie and Stuart down during one of their many arguments. Also part of their longstanding friendship group is dizzy Penelope (played by Marcia Warren) and grumpy Mason (played by Phillip Voss).

And their worlds are turned upside down with the arrival of a young man, Ash (played by Iwan Rheon), as their new upstairs neighbour.

Vicious is a Brown Eyed Boy production in association with Kudos Film and TV and written by Gary Janetti and directed by Ed Bye (My Family, French & Saunders, Red Dwarf). The show has been co-created by Gary and the Olivier award winning playwright Mark Ravenhill. Co-producers are Gary Reich from Brown Eyed Boy and Gary Janetti. Executive Producer Jemma Rodgers (League of Gentleman, Victoria Wood with All The Trimmings).

alan45
16-04-2013, 22:47
Vicious, a brand new studio sitcom will air on ITV later this month. Respected luminaries of British stage and screen, Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi head the cast and will be joined by Frances de la Tour in this unashamedly wicked new comedy.

The show is written by Gary Janetti, the Emmy nominated writer/producer behind hit shows Family Guy and Will & Grace.

Vicious tells the story of ageing partners, Freddie (played by Ian McKellen) and Stuart (played by Derek Jacobi), two men who have lived together in a small London flat for nearly 50 years. Freddie was a budding actor and Stuart a barman when they first met but their careers are now pretty much over and their lives now consist of reading books, walking their dog and bickering….

Joining Freddie and Stuart is feisty best friend Violet (played by Frances de la Tour). She’s young at heart with a delicious sense of humour and always on hand to calm Freddie and Stuart down during one of their many arguments. Also part of their longstanding friendship group is dizzy Penelope (played by Marcia Warren) and grumpy Mason (played by Phillip Voss).

And their worlds are turned upside down with the arrival of a young man, Ash (played by Iwan Rheon), as their new upstairs neighbour.

Vicious is a Brown Eyed Boy production in association with Kudos Film and TV and written by Gary Janetti and directed by Ed Bye (My Family, French & Saunders, Red Dwarf). The show has been co-created by Gary and the Olivier award winning playwright Mark Ravenhill. Co-producers are Gary Reich from Brown Eyed Boy and Gary Janetti. Executive Producer Jemma Rodgers (League of Gentleman, Victoria Wood with All The Trimmings).

Perdita
17-04-2013, 14:33
Mon 29 Apr 2013 9.00pm - 9.30pm

Perdita
22-04-2013, 07:04
6th May 2013

Freddie and Stuart go shopping for a new coat for Freddie’s Dr Who fan club event. Meanwhile, new neighbour Ash seeks advice from Freddie and Stuart on winning back his ex-girlfriend. Their best friend Violet is more than happy to help, and along with Penelope, Ash and Violet take an eventful trip to the shops where they make a shocking discovery.

Perdita
29-04-2013, 15:52
13th May

Freddie has an important audition coming up whilst Ash frets over his own career. Freddie suggests that Ash pursues acting and teaches him the tricks of the trade. But, when Ash secures an acting role after just his first audition, Freddie is thrown into a state of depression, and Stuart must come up with a plan to renew his confidence. Meanwhile, Violet seeks advice from Freddie and Stuart on her tumultuous love affair with her Hungarian boyfriend.

tammyy2j
29-04-2013, 16:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnM2O8kxPeQ&feature=player_detailpage

thestud2k7
30-04-2013, 02:41
i dont know about you guys, but i enjoyed it

i learned an lesson never judge an programe by it trailers

thestud2k7
30-04-2013, 02:41
i dont know about you guys, but i enjoyed it

i learned an lesson never judge an programe by it trailers

Perdita
30-04-2013, 05:55
I found in enjoyable too

Perdita
02-05-2013, 17:32
20th May 2013

Freddie, Stuart, Penelope and Mason go clubbing after Ash gets a job handing out club fliers. By the end of the night only Freddie is left standing and Stuart is feeling left out. Overcome by popularity Freddie heads back to the club the next night with Ash’s trendy friends, but soon realises clubbing is not quite for him. With Violet off with her new lover in Argentina, Stuart seeks comfort in his dotty friend Penelope who offers him some surprising advice.

lizann
03-05-2013, 00:39
not a fan of this which is a shame considering the cast

Perdita
17-05-2013, 11:27
3rd June 2013

Freddie and Stuart invite Ash and his new girlfriend Chloe to dinner. Whilst infrequent acting work has been getting Freddie down, things are looking up for Ash who has fallen in love with what seems to be the perfect woman. Or is she? As the evening progresses, Chloe’s habits stop seeming so sweet and tensions mount over dinner. Violet, meanwhile, is having difficulty with her lover in Buenos Aires.

thestud2k7
11-06-2013, 17:09
i really hope this gets an second series

i'm going to miss it

thestud2k7
11-06-2013, 17:09
i really hope this gets an second series

i'm going to miss it

moonstorm
12-06-2013, 08:25
I'm sorry but I absolutely hate it, which as Lizann says, shame becasue the cast are fantastic.

Perdita
12-06-2013, 09:32
I was rather disappointed, not sure I would be interested in another series