PDA

View Full Version : Your Face Sounds Familiar

tammyy2j
02-03-2013, 21:53
ITV bosses are planning a new Saturday night show - billed as a cross between The X Factor and Stars In Their Eyes.

The Sun reported that Your Face Sounds Familiar will feature seven celebrities impersonating different music stars.

Judges will award them points for their performance, while the public will vote for the winner of the six-week series, due to air this summer.

The same celebrities will feature every week, but have to take on a different pop star, not always of their choosing, on each show.

An insider said: "Bosses have got high hopes for this. There is a gap in the market for another big entertainment show, particularly with the decline in ratings for The X Factor.

"It is not going to be the most serious programme and bosses want celebs who are up for some fun and will be pretty gung-ho about it.

"It is all for charity and will be very light-hearted. There will be a lot of laughs along the way."

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2013, 23:49
They need to bring back that kareoke show they used to have on Channel 5 with Suggs from Madness. That was great Saturday night nonsense.

tammyy2j
24-06-2013, 21:45
Emma Bunton has vowed to be a nice judge on 'Your Face Sounds Familiar'.

The former Spice Girl is keen to bring a softer side to the judging panel on the new entertainment show - which sees celebrities dress up as pop stars and perform iconic songs - because she is fed up of ''nasty'' TV panellists criticising contestants.

She said: ''Being nasty is not fun - viewers are sick of people not being very nice to each other. It is about enjoying the acts.

''I am going to be fair. I know what it feels like to be in an audition and I want to pick up on the positive side.

''But I am not very good at lying and so I am sure my face will tell you the story!''

The 37-year-old singer - who has sons, Beau, five, and two-year-old Tate, with her partner Jade Jones - is keen to take on more TV work but wants something that can fit around her children and her Heart FM breakfast radio show.

She added to The Sun newspaper: ''I love Saturday night television. 'Your Face Sounds Familiar' is a great family show and what I love about the whole thing is the celebrities will have to deal with a great big production.

''I love it [being on the radio] and I love being able to do lots of things with the boys. My youngest, Tate, is cheeky and Beau is starting to understand what I do a bit more. I think when he sees me on 'Your Face Sounds Familiar' he will think, 'That's Mummy!' ''

Emma will be joined on the panel by Julian Clary and a weekly guest.

The show will see former Olympian Denise Lewis, ex-'EastEnders' star Cheryl Fergison, Emmerdale's Natalie Anderson and comedians Bobby Davro and Alexander Armstrong transform themselves into famous singers over the next six weeks.

However, in a unique twist, the celebrities will have no influence over which star they impersonate - relying on a computer randomiser to select their artist, who could be younger, older, or even of the opposite sex.

The show will be hosted by Alesha Dixon and Paddy McGuinness.

tammyy2j
24-06-2013, 21:45

Perdita
25-06-2013, 12:09
Episode: 1 of 6
Transmission: Sat 29 Jun 2013
Time: 7.30pm - 8.45pm

Alesha Dixon and Paddy McGuinness host Your Face Sounds Familiar, a celebrity entertainment series with a comedy twist.

This fun-filled new format will challenge six celebrities: comedian and presenter Alexander Armstrong; Olympian Denise Lewis OBE; entertainer Bobby Davro; Emmerdale actress Natalie Anderson; presenter Matt Johnson and actress Cheryl Fergison to perform as different iconic music artists every week before a panel of judges, including Julian Clary and Emma Bunton.

In a show that takes making a good impression quite literally, each of our regular cast of celebrities will be transformed into a different legendary singer, and perform an iconic song and dance routine from that artist’s catalogue every week.

But in a unique twist, the celebrities will have no control over who they will perform as on each show. Instead, they’ll have to face the Your Face Sounds Familiar ‘Randomiser’ at the end of each programme to decide who they’ll be becoming the following week. Whether it’s an older or a younger artist, or even a star of the opposite sex, the ultimate decision is down to the Randomiser, guaranteeing hilarious and dramatic results.

Performing in front of regular judges Emma and Julian, and a special guest judge each week, the celebrities will have to impress as they sing and dance their way through to the finale.

Also, no-one gets evicted in this show. Instead, each contestant is awarded points, which will be scored on a leader board. The one with the most points at the end of each show will receive a cash prize for a charity of their choice with a further grand prize pot for the series champion.

Brucie
25-06-2013, 15:08
Dammit! I thought we'd seen the back of Alesha Dixon for another year now that BGT has finished. Her inability to pronounce the g at the end words that end with one drives me up the wall. I've only just recovered from The Voice's Jessie J's unwillingness to pronounce the t in the middle of words like artist (ar-ist ffs!). The concept of the show sounds lame enough - without saddling it with the dream team -not!- Alesha and Paddy McGuinness.

tammyy2j
04-07-2013, 21:08
I like Paddy McGuinness and enjoyed the first episode

Denise was great as Tina Turner

tammyy2j
04-07-2013, 21:08
Cheryl as Dusty Springfield won the first show

lizann
07-07-2013, 19:45
Dammit! I thought we'd seen the back of Alesha Dixon for another year now that BGT has finished. Her inability to pronounce the g at the end words that end with one drives me up the wall. I've only just recovered from The Voice's Jessie J's unwillingness to pronounce the t in the middle of words like artist (ar-ist ffs!). The concept of the show sounds lame enough - without saddling it with the dream team -not!- Alesha and Paddy McGuinness.

alesha has zero personality as a presenter, she comes across very dumb and dull to me

lizann
07-07-2013, 19:45

alesha has zero personality as a presenter, she comes across very dumb and dull to me

flappinfanny
08-07-2013, 00:07
utter drivel. :(

tammyy2j
10-08-2013, 00:44
Natalie won the show out but should have been Alex imo