PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longford

Perdita
12-02-2013, 19:13
Hollyoaks will kill off Texas Longford in a shock storyline twist later this year.

The student, played by Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove, will die on her wedding day in a must-see episode - sparking a major whodunit mystery for the Channel 4 soap.

In the coming weeks, viewers will see Texas agree to marry Will Savage, still blissfully unaware that he has been manipulating her.

However, the couple's big day goes horribly wrong when Texas is pushed from a window and falls to her death - leaving fans to wonder who is responsible for the terrible crime.

Will is expected to be among the prime suspects as his behaviour has taken such a sinister turn in recent weeks.

Shortly after the New Year, Will fooled Texas into thinking that she had pushed him down the Chez Chez stairs. Since being left paralysed in the incident, he has been using emotional blackmail to win her affections.

James Atherton, who plays Will, has already warned that his character could be the village's next killer.

He said last month: "Will's dark side is going to spiral completely out of control. We'll have to see how much he can get away with. He used to be such a sweet bookish character, but that weird side was always there. We might have a new Silas on our hands!"

However, Digital Spy understands that a number of other characters will find themselves in the frame as part of the storyline.

Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter) will be in the mix of suspects as she has dated both Will and his brother Dodger. She also has a dark history of her own as she was unveiled as Calvin Valentine's killer in 2010.

A show source added: "There's a while to go before Texas and Will's big day arrives, and as the Hollyoaks fans already know, we have some new characters on the way. Any one of them could end up with a motive to kill Texas."

Texas joined Hollyoaks in May 2010.

tammyy2j
13-02-2013, 14:15
No I wanted her back with Dodger

tammyy2j
05-04-2013, 23:34
Jessica Forrest has revealed that her character Leanne Holiday will be one of the suspects when Texas Longford is murdered.

Back in February, show bosses confirmed that Texas will be killed on her wedding day in a dramatic episode due to air in a few weeks' time.

Texas (Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove) is currently planning to marry Will Savage (James Atherton), unaware that he has been manipulating her for months.

Leanne becomes involved in the storyline next week as she begins to develop romantic feelings for Will, which could lead to her becoming jealous of best friend Texas.

tammyy2j
05-04-2013, 23:34

lizann
07-04-2013, 19:02
wish they would kill off will, leanne or theresa instead

alan45
01-05-2013, 00:05
Texas Longford's time on Hollyoaks comes to a terrifying end next week as she is murdered on her wedding day.

The student is pushed from an upstairs window after rows with partner Will Savage, ex-boyfriend Dodger, best friend Leanne Holiday, jealous Theresa McQueen and scheming Doctor Browning - leaving fans to wonder who the culprit might be.

We recently chatted to Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove, who plays Texas, to hear more about the Hollyoaks whodunit and why it was time to move on.

How are you feeling now that your time at Hollyoaks has come to an end?
"I'm very sad, because I'm going to miss everybody a lot and I've had an amazing three years on the show. I've learned a lot and it's been a fantastic experience. I'm also excited, but it's definitely going to feel weird not going onto the set every morning and seeing the same familiar faces!"

We've heard that it was your choice to leave, so was that a difficult decision to make?
"It really was. To be honest, I could have stayed at Hollyoaks and just been so happy there, because everybody is so great and it's a fantastic job. But at the same time, I knew that I wanted to go off and do other things, so it did feel like my time to move on.

"I've done three years on the show and was plucked out of university when I got the job. I actually look at this as my 'university experience', because I really have learned so much first hand from everyone who's here - but with the extra benefit of being paid!"

How did you feel about getting such a big exit storyline?
"I'm so grateful. They could have just shoved me off in a taxi, but when our producer Bryan told me what was coming up, I just said, 'Wow!' I didn't expect it at all and thought it was just so incredible. I couldn't wait to film the scenes.

"With how it all played out next, it just proved to be everything I could have dreamt it to be. It's the most amazing way ever to leave a show. I suppose if you're going to do it, you should do it in style!"

Your exit storyline was revealed a while ago, so has there been much reaction from the fans?
"Yeah, I had lots of messages on Twitter from people saying, 'Don't go!' and 'Why do you have to die?!' That's really sweet and touching. It's nice to know when you have the support of the fans. It's great that they've enjoyed the character and I hope they really like watching this exit storyline too.

"Hopefully people will tune in for the big climax of the storyline and then the mystery of 'whodunit' afterwards. There'll be a big mystery of who was the killer, so I hope everyone enjoys it."

What was it like to film the wedding scenes out on location?
"It was brilliant. We were at Peckforton Castle and it was just so beautiful - the location was stunning. We had a really great crew and loads of people working on these scenes, so it should look really good.

"The rooms inside the castle were amazing, and we're just always a bit more excited when we're filming on location. It's like being let out of the play pen and having a bit of a run-around - plus the food is always great!

"What was also nice was that the director and the First AD who I came into the show with were both working on my exit week. They worked on my first ever block, when I was on location in Croxteth Hall doing the haunted house week. They brought me into the show and they brought me out again!"

Apparently you did your own stunt for Texas's fall, so were you grateful for that opportunity?
"Absolutely. When they said there'd be a stunt, I said straight away that I wanted to do it. Hollyoaks said that they'd probably get a stunt double, but then later they asked me, 'How are you with heights? How would you feel about being put in a harness and lifted up by a 30-foot crane?!'

"I agreed to it straight away, which they thought was brilliant. The only bit I didn't do myself was Texas going through the window. The stuntwoman had to really propel herself through it and onto some cardboard boxes and a mat below, so they were worried about me getting hurt."

As viewers, we know that Texas doesn't really love Will. How is she feeling on the morning of their wedding?
"I think Texas is feeling very apprehensive about it, but she's decided in her head that she's going to go through with the wedding. Will has told her that he's suffering from an aneurysm, and Texas feels that it's her fault that his life is possibly going to be very short-lived.

"Because Will supposedly has this ticking time bomb, Texas decides to put her feelings for Dodger aside. She wants to make Will happy, so everything is quite clear in her head.

"On the morning of the wedding, Texas allows herself to feel happy that she's marrying a man she does care about, even though he's not the one she's madly in love with. She feels like she's doing the right thing."

What happens next?
"Dodger turns up at the flat when she's trying to get ready! It's interesting, because when Dodger is out of sight, he's out of mind for Texas - she can deal with it and pretend that everything is alright.

"However, once Dodger turns up, her head goes into turmoil all over again. Whenever he's around, she can't resist. It's like a chemical reaction and Texas can't control what happens. She's tempted all over again and Dodger suggests they could run off together for a new life.

"Texas does consider his idea, but she knows that she can't let Will down and ruin his life. She tells Dodger that he has to go."

The wedding goes ahead, but the happy atmosphere doesn't last for long…
"Yes, everything starts to go wrong when Mercedes comes up to Texas after the wedding and asks her how she thinks her husband got hold of so much money to pay for the ceremony. She also reveals that Leanne was in on it the whole time, and that Will isn't really dying as he doesn't have an aneurysm!"

Texas is murdered shortly afterwards, and Browning, Dodger, Leanne, Theresa and Will are the main five suspects. Can you tell us a bit about their motives?
"Well, after the conversation with Mercedes, Texas goes upstairs to the bedroom and tries to find the stolen money. On the way, she has cross words with all of the suspects.

"Leanne is angry at Texas because she knows about the dalliance with Dodger, and doesn't think Texas really deserves Will. Texas is angry with Leanne in return because she knew about the stolen money all along.

"Texas is also angry at Will for all of his lies, so there's tension between those two. With Dodger, Texas decides that she does want to run away with him after all, as she knows that marrying Will was a mistake. However, Dodger turns her down as she's missed her chance.

"Theresa is a suspect because of her feelings for Dodger and being jealous of Texas, while Doctor Browning just wants his money back - and we know what he's like!"

Now that you've finished filming, what are your future career plans?
"I'd love to do something different now and do some theatre, but it'd be great to carry on with screen work too. Basically, I'd really like to explore anything in theatre, TV or film. I'm hoping to try everything I can, see what's out there and explore the world!"

alan45
01-05-2013, 00:05
Here, part two of our chat sees Bianca reveal a little more about the wedding and her time at Hollyoaks overall.

Have Hollyoaks told you who killed Texas?
"Yes, I know who did it! Bryan told me that he couldn't tell me who the killer was, but when I made a guess, he confirmed that I was right!"

Do you think Silas should be viewed as a suspect even though he's not on the official list?
"I think he should! It'd be brilliant if it was him. The last thing he said to Texas was that he'd be watching and waiting to kill her, and he's still out there. I think it'd be great if he was true to his word, came back and said, 'I told you!'"

Did you have much input into Texas's choice of wedding dress?
"I didn't, but it was made by Anne, the seamstress who works at Hollyoaks. She whipped it up from scratch, which is incredible. It fitted perfectly because she made it especially for me. I thought the dress was very Texas and ideal for her.

"The dress is beautiful and it was also important that it looked good visually when we filmed Texas's fall from the window. The dress billowed out beautifully, so that was good."

When you look back on your time at Hollyoaks, do any storylines stand out as your favourites?
"I really enjoyed the week where it was Texas, Jodie and Dodger working on the dancing project. That was a really fun week. I also loved doing the Silas stuff, which was just amazing. Jeff Rawle is such a good actor so I learned a lot from him. It was exciting for me to explore such challenging emotions. I felt like I really had to push myself with those scenes."

The Texas and Jodie storyline had a huge reaction online. Were you surprised by the positive response?
"It did come as a surprise, but we really enjoyed it. It actually worked really well and better than people expected.

"To see the response was fantastic - I can't even describe the internet reaction as it was insane. There were so many people shipping Texas and Jodie and making fan accounts. One video had a million hits on YouTube, which was overwhelming."

What was your last day on set like?
"It was really, really emotional. I did shed a few tears, because I was very overwhelmed. Lots of people came down to say goodbye and I had some really lovely leaving presents. I also had a leaving book and my friends made a DVD of everybody miming along to a goodbye song!

"It was fantastic and I felt completely loved and cherished by everyone. That's great, because it's how I feel about everyone at Hollyoaks. It does make me sad when I think about it, but hopefully I'll still keep in touch with a lot of people.