PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Return

Bryan
23-10-2005, 17:54
Once Shelly leaves next year Sean is replacing her as landlord, as has been revealed into todays sunday mirror

he's the source of most of the shows comedy so by putting him at the bar, the show hopes every rovers scene will become amusing

my opinion: this is the lowest of the low for corrie! letting that idiot behind the bar will make the show even worse than it already is!

Luna
23-10-2005, 17:55
oh he'll be brilliant - i love him :D

Bryan
23-10-2005, 18:02

he iritates me immensley, so for him to be in every rovers scene will be a right turn off

Debs
23-10-2005, 18:06
oh sean will be brilliant behing the bar

Chloe O'brien
23-10-2005, 18:08
I agree i think he is hilarious we need more comedy in the soaps instead of all the doom and gloom :)

eastenders mad
23-10-2005, 18:14
good luck to him.
I wonder if he will change the rovers it needs a makeover.

alan45
23-10-2005, 19:11
I have to say that when Sean first arrived down Weatherfield way I thought his character was pretty OTT. However through some fantastic scriptwriting and great acting and timing from the chaaracter he has IMHO become one of the great actors on the show. His one liners and witty quips are fantastic.

That said, the source for BB's story is The Sunday Mirror, sister tabloid to the Daily Mirror which earlier this week gave us the exclusive on the new manager of T'Rovers being Zoe Lucker of Footballers Wives infamy. So maybe a pinch of salt is required

Chris_2k11
23-10-2005, 19:28
I agree i think he is hilarious we need more comedy in the soaps instead of all the doom and gloom :) We certainly don't need any more comedy in Corrie!

lollymay
23-10-2005, 19:40
that will be so strange to see him behind the bar

alan45
23-10-2005, 19:43
that will be so strange to see him behind the bar

Why ?????

He is behind it most evenings

shannisrules
23-10-2005, 21:41
when i was reading this i was drinking a drink and i spat it out of my mouth lol i was really suprised it should be funnyy!

Luna
23-10-2005, 21:43
sean will be great - i wasn't sure how he would be taken in corrie when he first got the part (after queer as folk) but he has been brilliant - cant wait for all the comedy that will come with it

LostVoodoo
23-10-2005, 22:44
hang on hang on, as nice an idea as it is, how the hell is it going to happen? for a start i assume he'll be manager and not landlord (since i doubt he'd be able to buy it off Fred). and why choose him? ok Bev may go with Shelly, but why would Fred choose Sean? he's never run a pub, he's only worked behind a bar for a few months. and Fred has loads of pub trade contacts. all seems a bit weird to me...

chance
23-10-2005, 23:09
terrible idea is my personal opinion

emma_strange
24-10-2005, 12:54
hang on hang on, as nice an idea as it is, how the hell is it going to happen? for a start i assume he'll be manager and not landlord (since i doubt he'd be able to buy it off Fred). and why choose him? ok Bev may go with Shelly, but why would Fred choose Sean? he's never run a pub, he's only worked behind a bar for a few months. and Fred has loads of pub trade contacts. all seems a bit weird to me...

yeah, what about Violet?

kitty_uk
27-10-2005, 00:13
between Sean and Blanch in the bar, they'll have us in tears with laughter

:cheer: :cheer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Lily-Ella/P9250193.jpg

Rain_
27-10-2005, 05:29
Maybe he'll paint it pink. Who would he hire as a barmaid? I'm struggling to see Janice pulling a pint

Mr Humphries
27-10-2005, 07:26
personally as a gay landlord, sean is far too over the top for a little street like that

Debs
27-10-2005, 10:48
personally as a gay landlord, sean is far too over the top for a little street like that

he will be brillant, id go in the pub if he was the landlord!

dddMac1
27-10-2005, 15:36
i would like Sean as the landlord he is funny

Keating's babe
27-10-2005, 15:39
Yeah I also read that are trying to recruit Tanya from Footballers Wives. Apparently she is married to someone much older and is a bit of a tart. :lol:

brenda1971
27-10-2005, 15:40
i thought that Zoe Lucker was going to be the new landlady of the rovers return.

dddMac1
27-10-2005, 15:51
i read in the paper yesterday that Charlie could be taking over the rovers

soapyclean
27-10-2005, 16:26
I feel a poll coming on :D

tammyy2j
27-10-2005, 17:25
The news that Shelley's leaving Coronation Street is still sinking in, and already there are rumblings about who's gonna be stepping into her ditzy landlady slingbacks.

The Daily Mirror "exclusively" reveals that the new Rovers' raunchpot is set to be Footballers' Wives blonde beaut, Zoe Lucker.

"Coronation Street bosses are in advanced talks with… Zoe Lucker, and should have her signing on the dotted line within weeks."

And it sounds as though Zoe's character is going to add some much-needed spice to the Street: "She thinks that part and parcel of being a pub landlady is to flirt outrageously with all the make customers - and sometimes takes things a bit too far."

Debs
27-10-2005, 20:09
i read in the paper yesterday that Charlie could be taking over the rovers

i doubt that would happen!

gbnut
31-10-2005, 13:42
we will have to wait and se but i am sure it will be a new person. it is not for ages yet

Footie_Chick
01-04-2007, 18:25
The Rovers Return is set to go up in flames in a sensational new storyline on Coronation Street.

Viewers will be left wondering who survives when 6 regular characters are trapped in the blaze. Rumours are already rife that one of the victims may be Cilla Battersby, as Wendi Peters has already announced she is to leave later this year.

One who will definately survive is the Rovers owner Steve McDonald, who will cause an uproar with the regular drinkers when he announces the Rovers will be re-built as a trendy winebar. Leading the protest will be Norris, who will round up the residents and take the story to the Weatherfield Gazette.

An inside source said; "The production team have been aware that the Rovers is starting to look outdated for a while now, and what better way to bring the pub into the present, than with a fire and a refurbishment"

www.dailynews.co.uk

Bryan
01-04-2007, 18:33
im tempted not to believe this for two reasons

1) theres forever these kind of rumours circulating about fires in the soap pubs, and they never come to light

2) there's going to be a fire at the Peacocks soon, will they really have two fires within a short period of time on the show?

:hmm:

leanne
01-04-2007, 19:54
april fools spring to mind:hmm: :hmm:

bakedbean
01-04-2007, 21:43
If it is true it will be good to watch.

Katy
02-04-2007, 09:02
The Rovers Return is set to go up in flames in a sensational new storyline on Coronation Street.

Viewers will be left wondering who survives when 6 regular characters are trapped in the blaze. Rumours are already rife that one of the victims may be Cilla Battersby, as Wendi Peters has already announced she is to leave later this year.

One who will definately survive is the Rovers owner Steve McDonald, who will cause an uproar with the regular drinkers when he announces the Rovers will be re-built as a trendy winebar. Leading the protest will be Norris, who will round up the residents and take the story to the Weatherfield Gazette.

An inside source said; "The production team have been aware that the Rovers is starting to look outdated for a while now, and what better way to bring the pub into the present, than with a fire and a refurbishment"

www.dailynews.co.uk

SOunds famillier, it werent too long ago when the exact same thing happened on Hollyoaks.

inkyskin
02-04-2007, 09:06
sounds like the corrie bosses have been taking a look at old storylines!

I believe the pub has had a fire before! am wondering how the fire's gonna start mind you,can't blame it on a cigarette as you can't smoke in public places as from today!! (woo hoo)

Probably be something to do with one of betty's famous hotpots! :rotfl:

danielle741
02-04-2007, 09:34

www.dailynews.co.uk

SOunds famillier, it werent too long ago when the exact same thing happened on Hollyoaks.

I was just thinking the same thing more soaps are copying storylines from each other now i think all soaps should all be different thats what makes them more interesting!

lisa cullumbine
10-04-2007, 16:16
it did have a fire before cos bet lynch was in the upstairs bedroom at the time if i remember correctley boring why dont they try something else and as for the peacocks having a fire at their house i dont think that would top the murder scene with maxine somehow new ideas needed :thumbsdow

Chloe O'brien
11-04-2007, 18:18
Its too early to speculate whether they will use a fire at the rover's to conincide with Cilla's departure as we don't know if she is to be killed of or if Wendy will have the door left open for he to re-appear

bakedbean
11-04-2007, 19:37
It could possibly be that the blaze will kill off Paul and Cilla??? I think Corrie needs a big disaster they have not had one for a very long time and maybe they will kill off Vernon "oh happy days".

Perdita
11-06-2009, 06:48
TROUBLED Coronation Street legend Bev Callard is on her way back to the soap after four months off with a health scare.
The Sun told how fans feared for the actress, famed as Rovers Return landlady Liz McDonald, when she failed to turn up for filming in February.

Bev, 52, had suffered money troubles off-set after her dream of running a real-life pub turned sour.

But after recuperating and receiving expert help, the brave star is said by pals to be back to full health and raring to return to work on Monday.

Scriptwriters on the ITV1 show are busily writing her into upcoming plotlines and she should be back on screen within nine weeks.

A Corrie source said: “Bev’s been given the all-clear by experts and will be back on the Street.

The cast are over the moon.

“She’s had a rough ride off-screen in the past year, but Bev’s a fighter and was determined to get back on track as soon as possible.

“It’s great news for viewers too. Liz has consistently been one of their favourite characters — the Street isn’t the same without her.”

Bev’s troubles mounted as she and partner John McEwan poured hundreds of thousands into running a pub in Hale, Cheshire.

They finally had to close it amid the threat of bankruptcy.

Both worked long hours to make the venture a success — yet exhausted Bev was still up at 5am every day to be on set by 7am.

One pal said: “Not only was Bev under incredible stress, she was also working flat out.

"But she’s pulled herself together and finally has that bubbly Bev smile back on her face.

“John’s been a tower of strength for her throughout.”

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 09:20
Great it will be good to see her back where she belongs :)

Chris_2k11
11-06-2009, 19:46
omg its been 4 months?!

Chloe O'brien
11-06-2009, 23:00
Glad to see she is back to health and going back to work.

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 23:06
What was wrong with her?

Chloe O'brien
11-06-2009, 23:15
I think she has some kind of emotional breakdown with having to shut down her pub and appearing on the street it just took it's toil on her. she need to take time off to give herself a break.

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 23:27
oh ok thats a shame :(

lizann
12-06-2009, 16:12
What the explanation on screen for her exit?

Perdita
12-06-2009, 17:13
I think she went to Spain to see her son Andy, he is coming back for Steve's wedding soon. :)

Hannelene
12-06-2009, 20:24
So will she cring Andy back with her?

angel_eyes87
12-06-2009, 21:16
Does anyone else sense a fling between Liz and Jim in the upcoming months, as he is returning and it seems to be the only storyline Jim has ever had in Corrie.

Hannelene
12-06-2009, 21:48
I hope so :)

Perdita
13-06-2009, 08:38
He never stopped loving her and she will always have a soft spot for him, so I would like them get back together :love:

angel_eyes87
13-06-2009, 13:06
But it so predictable these two getting back together, for Liz to realise it was a mistake.

Hannelene
13-06-2009, 17:31
She loves him deep down I feel and we all know how he feels about her!

tammyy2j
13-06-2009, 21:42
Wonder what she will make of Poppy's sacking? :hmm:

Hannelene
13-06-2009, 21:59
She will be upset as Poppy was her good friend

Perdita
14-06-2009, 07:23
Can't be that good a friend, they would have spoken on the phone or texted each other so Liz knew would have known what was going on. She obviously also does not communicate with Steve.

Hannelene
14-06-2009, 08:18
That is a fair point Liz only contacts when she is staying longer she doesn't call to keep in touch. Maybe Poppy will never be mentioned again......

Perdita
16-06-2009, 06:09
HERE’S sexy señorita Liz McDonald arriving back on the Corrie cobbles in style — after months on the Costa del Sol.
The glamorous landlady (Bev Callard) infuriated son Steve (Simon Gregson) earlier this year by swapping pulling pints in the Rovers Return for swilling sangria in the Spanish sunshine with his brother Andy.

But she makes a glamorous return to Weatherfield next month — as she shimmies back in a scarlet flamenco dress.

And it’s not long before she’s being driven wild by her toy-boy cabbie boyfriend Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles), who is delighted to have her back.

But they might not be happy for long.

Liz’s ex-husband Jim (Charles Lawson) is due to make a show-stopping return this Christmas for son Steve’s wedding to Becky Granger. Let’s hope Liz doesn’t say adiós.

The Sun

Hannelene
16-06-2009, 22:27
Do you think her romance with Lloyd could be over with Jim coming back?

Perdita
17-06-2009, 06:14
It will be over, I am sure :)

Hannelene
17-06-2009, 20:52
I kind of hope so I thought Lloyd and Poppy had a little bit of a spark no chance of anything happening now she has gone

Chloe O'brien
18-06-2009, 10:57
I think Lloyd is better suited to Eileen than to Liz.

Hannelene
18-06-2009, 20:47
I think Lloyd and Poppy had a spark or Lloyd and Claire

angel_eyes87
18-06-2009, 21:11
Lloyd and Clare, now there is a storyline/affair that would be better suited than Kevin and Molly. Lloyd will seem like an extra if he is not with Liz or anyone else.

Hannelene
19-06-2009, 06:12
He was an extra in my eyes before he took up with Liz
Unless he starts something with another main character......

angel_eyes87
19-06-2009, 17:19
Hes still the fella of Red Dwarf to me, I cannot take him seriously, let alone feel sorry for him, I dont understand why he is still in Corrie.

Hannelene
19-06-2009, 20:48
I never watched the show first thing I have seen him in

tammyy2j
16-05-2011, 14:08
An upcoming Coronation Street storyline will reportedly see The Rovers Return trashed during a fight.

According to The Sun, trouble escalates at Jason Grimshaw's (Ryan Thomas) birthday party when tension rises between Chris Gray (Will Thorpe) and Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel).

The drama will see Street residents including Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly), Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall), Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain) and Owen Armstrong (Ian Puleston-Davies) become involved in the brawl.

Viewers will apparently see Becky hit by a stripper who is booked to appear at the birthday party. Shocked landlord Steve (Simon Gregson) will be seen arriving back at the height of the drama, as he takes in the damage to the Weatherfield boozer.

"The Rovers has been the scene for lots of punch-ups in the past," an insider told the paper. "Usually there's always someone on hand to drag the fighters apart - until now."

The source added: "This will be the first time that a brawl anything like on this scale has broken out."

Perdita
16-05-2011, 14:48
Already posted, no need for another thread :)

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?116066-D-I-Manson-to-join-Corrie/page3

Chloe O'brien
16-05-2011, 15:07
This must be the build up to Becky's departure all these fights and trouble will cause problems for her and Steve.

Perdita
07-12-2011, 11:37
Coronation Street bosses are planning to keep fans guessing over the future of the Rovers Return after Steve McDonald decides to put it up for sale, a report has claimed.

Steve, played by Simon Gregson, announces plans to put the pub on the market as he needs to ease his debts in a forthcoming storyline, according to the Daily Star.

Current bar manager Stella Price (Michelle Collins) and her partner Karl Munro (John Michie) are told that they can have first refusal before Steve makes alternative arrangements.

However, when a number of potential buyers start touring the pub, regular punters become concerned that there could be big changes afoot.

Some Weatherfield residents express fears that their favourite local could be turned into a trendy wine bar, so they keep their fingers crossed that familiar faces Stella and Karl will come up with the cash before somebody else steps in.

A Coronation Street insider told the newspaper: "The Rovers has been a huge part of the street for years but times change. Steve needs to get his hands on some money, and quick. The pub could end up in anyone's hands."

Coronation Street will reportedly run the storyline for a number of weeks, leaving viewers to wonder what will happen to The Rovers.

alan45
07-12-2011, 12:22
Lets pray that Stelllllllaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggg cannot raise the money and that she, her hubby and plastic daughter disappear from whence they came.

Why not release Big Jim from the Big House and put him back behind the bar

tammyy2j
07-12-2011, 15:01
Bring Alec and Bet Gilroy back to buy it

Glen1
07-12-2011, 17:11
I thought Stellurghhhh inherits some cash but Karl blows it gambling, maybe he has a win ? I can't see a new publican needing to employ her and waste accomodation .So what's the betting it is the unthinkable, absolute nightmare Ms.Price and the other baboons. Frank Gallagher out of Shameless gets my vote

Perdita
16-12-2011, 12:27
Coronation Street star Michelle Collins has announced that her character Stella Price is to become the new owner of the Rovers Return.

Stella is currently working as bar manager at the iconic pub, but it has now been confirmed that she and partner Karl Munro (John Michie) buy the business from Steve McDonald in the New Year.

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Steve (Simon Gregson) will soon decide to put The Rovers up for sale in a bid to ease his debts.

Collins told Lorraine today: "I've had my name above the door for quite a while now as manager, but now she's actually going to own it. They struggle to get the money together to get a mortgage. And they're turned down by a few people because they're 'too old'. But then you'll see what happens. It's quite exciting, being the owner of The Rovers."

Collins added that viewers can expect to see different sides of Stella's personality in 2012.

"I'd love to create another iconic character," she explained. "I think Stella seems to be a bit like the Mother Teresa of Corrie - suddenly she's everybody's agony aunt.

"They're injecting a little bit of steeliness into her. I think people have got to like you first, but now she gets involved in some big storylines. The love triangle between Carla, Leanne and Peter, she's very much involved in that."

She continued: "And then obviously Karl with all his gambling. Which I think is good, because I think there's a lot of that going on out there. I think it's a big problem and it probably will be a big problem because we're in this big recession, so I think people will relate to that story and how Stella copes with that."

Stella and Karl have been appearing on Coronation Street since June.

alan45
16-12-2011, 13:23
What a disappointmrnt. We are going to have to put up with STEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG for the forseeable future.

Chloe O'brien
16-12-2011, 15:12
I wouldn't worry Alan she'll be gone by the Spring. yo-yo knickers Carla wll get her claws into Karl and wreck another marriage and Stella will leave the cobbles.

tammyy2j
16-12-2011, 15:14
I wouldn't worry Alan she'll be gone by the Spring. yo-yo knickers Carla wll get her claws into Karl and wreck another marriage and Stella will leave the cobbles.

She could leave the pub to Leanne when she leaves

alan45
16-12-2011, 15:33
She could leave the pub to Leanne when she leaves

An excellent idea. That would get my vote.

alan45
29-01-2013, 01:39
CORRIE pub The Rovers Return is to be reduced to a burnt-out shell by a fire that kills Sunita Alahan.
Other key characters will risk their lives trying to save those trapped inside as the iconic Street boozer is left “utterly devastated”.

Jilted Sunita will die after flames rip through The Rovers — leaving Corrie characters convinced SHE started the fire in a botched revenge attack.
The ex-barmaid, played by Shobna Gulati, becomes the prime suspect because of her torrid affair with Karl Munro, partner of Rovers landlady Stella Price
A source revealed Sunita is furious after Karl, played by John Michie, goes back to Stella (Michelle Collins). The insider added: “Sunita begins to hate Stella and all she stands for.
“Next thing the pub bursts into flames — and she’s on the scene. Even becoming a victim can’t stop people pointing the finger.
“But obviously if they’re wrong then the real arsonist will still be at large.”

Other characters will be trapped as pals battle to save them. The spring storyline will “utterly devastate” The Rovers — the show’s boozer since its launch in 1960.
The insider said: “When the fire is finally put out, The Rovers will stand in ruins.”
Sunita first appeared in Corrie in 2001. Actress Shobna, 46, revealed in the autumn that she would be leaving in a bid to move into comedy writing.
Her farewell scenes are being masterminded by departing Street boss Phil Collinson and come as a whole new Corrie set is being built in Salford

(c) The Sun

tammyy2j
29-01-2013, 13:45
I take it Stella and Karl dont die so

GennieFan
29-01-2013, 18:07
This sounds good and I have to say I won't miss Sunita, the last year or so she has really become unlikeable.

dinglemafia
29-01-2013, 19:10
Someone else to perish in the fire? Reckon it'll be kept under wraps though :p

lizann
29-01-2013, 19:54
Someone else to perish in the fire? Reckon it'll be kept under wraps though :p

kirsty

lizann
29-01-2013, 19:54
why does stella take back karl?

dinglemafia
30-01-2013, 19:43
I hope its kirsty :) she's so annoying :(

GennieFan
30-01-2013, 20:38
But only if the truth about the abuse is out or Tyrone will always be considered a wife beater.

dinglemafia
01-02-2013, 20:38
True, but she's leaving this year as well!

alan45
05-02-2013, 11:57

alan45
05-02-2013, 11:57
Coronation Street's Rovers Return set will be rebuilt after a fire destroys the famous pub in the coming months.

The Sun reports that more people will be able to live above the Weatherfield tavern, which could have a new owner.

"The Rovers will be rebuilt on a bigger scale - the plans show it with two upstairs windows, instead of the one it has now," a source said. "That means more space for a larger family."

Meanwhile, the newspaper also claims that Kym Marsh's character Michelle Connor will become the new landlady after the blaze.

"Everything is very hush hush but there is speculation that Michelle Connor could end up running the new Rovers - as bosses want to cement her as an all-time favourite," the insider claimed.

"Other rumours are that the pub will have a new dining area inside and that Betty Driver's portrait will have pride of place as a lasting tribute to her."

Currently, the Rovers is owned by Stella Price (Michelle Collins), who resides at the establishment with daughter Eva (Catherine Tyldesley).

When the fire storyline emerged last week, there were suggestions that Sunita Alahan - played by the departing Shobna Gulati - will start and ultimately die in the blaze.

"Even Sunita becoming a victim can't stop people pointing the finger," the informant added. "But if they're wrong then the real arsonist will still be at large."

It has been reported that a jealous Sunita will ignite the pub in a desperate act of revenge against ex-lover Karl Munro (John Michie), who is set to reunite with Stella.

lizann
05-02-2013, 14:08
michelle back behind the bar who wants that?

parkerman
05-02-2013, 17:03
Yes indeed, I bet Kym Marsh will have something to say about that...oh....er....

parkerman
05-02-2013, 17:03
Yes indeed, I bet Kym Marsh will have something to say about that...oh....er....

alan45
05-02-2013, 17:28
The ONLY good thing about Michelle becoming landlady would mean that St. Ella was maybe dead :)

CrazyLea
06-02-2013, 01:14
Can't wait for Sunita to die!! :p
She is the most annoying character ever!
I would take 10 of Michelle over Sunita - she seems a bit pointless too.
Though Karl, Stella and Eva... get rid of them all in the fire too - would be the perfect fire :)

CrazyLea
06-02-2013, 01:14
Can't wait for Sunita to die!! :p
She is the most annoying character ever!
I would take 10 of Michelle over Sunita - she seems a bit pointless too.
Though Karl, Stella and Eva... get rid of them all in the fire too - would be the perfect fire :)

alan45
12-02-2013, 00:43
POPULAR SEARCHES ON DS
BAFTAsPaul GascoigneGrammy AwardsBeyoncé
Select your local Digital Spy:
UK
Ireland
USA
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Remember my choiceLike53k
Follow @digitalspy97K followers
StumbleUpon
All entertainment and media newsSoapsCoronation Street Home
Headlines
Forums
Video
Pictures
Play & Win
ShowbizMusicMoviesTVSoapsReality TVUS TVCultGamingTechComicsBollywoodOddMediaNewsSoaps VideosSoap ScoopSpoilersInterviewsSoaps RatingsSoap MoversPic Of The DayBingoSoaps ForumHome > Soaps > Coronation Street > News
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Soaps•Coronation Street•EastEnders•Emmerdale•Hollyoaks•Doctors•Neig hbours•Home and Away•Holby City•Casualty'Coronation Street' reveals Rovers Return fire details - pictures
Published Monday, Feb 11 2013, 21:11 GMT | By Colin Daniels | 10 commentsRecommend 8
Tweet 7
0Submit
Coronation Street producers have revealed details about the upcoming Rovers Return fire.

It was reported last month that the pub will go up in flames, killing one of Weatherfield's best known characters and trapping many others.

© Twitter / @itvcorrie
Corrie's SFX Supervisor, Danny Hargreaves, setting up for the Rovers fire

Filming has now begun for the storyline, directed by Tony Prescott, who also oversaw the tram crash episodes for the soap's 50th anniversary in 2010.

Special effects expert Danny Hargreaves will also be involved in the filming of the plot, following his work on the tram crash.

© Twitter / @itvcorrie
Firefighters getting ready for the Rovers fire

"When the fire is finally put out, the Rovers will stand in ruins," an insider claimed. "Next thing, the pub bursts into flames."

It is the first time news of the fire has been confirmed by Coronation Street following last month's newspaper reports.

The Rovers will be rebuilt on a bigger scale after it is destroyed by the fire

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a458072/coronation-street-reveals-rovers-return-fire-details-pictures.html#ixzz2KdnWgrbB
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

alan45
12-02-2013, 00:43
Coronation Street producers have revealed details about the upcoming Rovers Return fire.

It was reported last month that the pub will go up in flames, killing one of Weatherfield's best known characters and trapping many others.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/07/618x649/soaps-corrie-fire-1.jpg© Twitter / @itvcorrie
Corrie's SFX Supervisor, Danny Hargreaves, setting up for the Rovers fire

Filming has now begun for the storyline, directed by Tony Prescott, who also oversaw the tram crash episodes for the soap's 50th anniversary in 2010.

Special effects expert Danny Hargreaves will also be involved in the filming of the plot, following his work on the tram crash.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/07/618x577/soaps-corrie-fire-2.jpg

© Twitter / @itvcorrie
Firefighters getting ready for the Rovers fire

"When the fire is finally put out, the Rovers will stand in ruins," an insider claimed. "Next thing, the pub bursts into flames."

It is the first time news of the fire has been confirmed by Coronation Street following last month's newspaper reports.

The Rovers will be rebuilt on a bigger scale after it is destroyed by the fire

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a458072/coronation-street-reveals-rovers-return-fire-details-pictures.html#ixzz2KdnWgrbB
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Debzyg
12-02-2013, 19:37
Dear Corrie

Here is a list of characters I would like you to kill off in the fire:

Kirsty (after Tyrone has been exhonerated)
Norris
Sally
Gail
Julie (for being a pleb and believing Kirsty)

If you fancy throwing in Karl, Michelle and Eva for good measure, that would be even better.....

:thumbsup:

parkerman
12-02-2013, 19:47

So are there two fires then?

parkerman
12-02-2013, 19:47

So are there two fires then?

Perdita
13-02-2013, 12:24
Coronation Street bosses may be planning to kill off a second character in the upcoming Rovers Return fire.

Sunita Alahan, played by departing actress Shobna Gulati, has been widely tipped to lose her life when the iconic pub goes up in flames next month.

However, show chiefs have now added to the intrigue surrounding the storyline by suggesting that the blaze could result in more than one death.

A newly-released statement on the soap's official website reads: "You may have read reports that the Rovers fire will claim lives. We can now exclusively reveal that more than one person could die in the blaze, which will take hold of the Rovers next month.

"Will landlady Stella fall victim to the fire? Could it be barmaid Tina? Fireman Paul? Bad guy Karl? Sunita? Gloria? Eva? Toyboy Jason? No one is safe from the killer flames…"

Coronation Street's cast and crew have been filming the fire on night shoots this week. Viewers can expect to see the dramatic scenes in March.

Tony Prescott is directing the episodes, while special effects expert Danny Hargreaves has also been involved in the filming. Both worked extensively on the ITV show's 50th anniversary episodes in 2010.

Coronation Street continues tonight (February 13) at 7.30pm on ITV.

alan45
13-02-2013, 13:00
Stellaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhh please

tammyy2j
13-02-2013, 14:14
"Will landlady Stella fall victim to the fire? Could it be barmaid Tina? Fireman Paul? Bad guy Karl? Sunita? Gloria? Eva? Toyboy Jason? No one is safe from the killer flames…"

It probably be not a main cast member like the tram disaster misleading information that was released

tammyy2j
13-02-2013, 14:14

alan45
14-02-2013, 13:25
Coronation Street's Michelle Collins has said that the upcoming Rovers Return fire is to feature "some amazing stunts".

The cast were shooting the much-anticipated scenes, which will take the lives of two Weatherfield characters, until late yesterday (February 13).

The actress, who plays pub landlady Stella Price, tweeted late last night: "Just got home After major night shoot could never be a night worker!

"Actors, crew and fireman were all amazing had some amazing stunts."

Antony Cotton, who plays Sean, told fans: "Here we go... The big blast!!! #roversfire."

Collins added that "fans will love" the "exciting and dramatic" episode to air next month.

Meanwhile, ITV has confirmed that, contrary to rumours, Stella will remain landlady after the fire. This Morning soap expert Sharon Marshall had previously suggested Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) would take over.

Sunita Alahan, played by departing actress Shobna Gulati, has been widely tipped to lose her life when the iconic pub goes up in flames next month

alan45
14-02-2013, 13:25
Coronation Street's Michelle Collins has said that the upcoming Rovers Return fire is to feature "some amazing stunts".

The cast were shooting the much-anticipated scenes, which will take the lives of two Weatherfield characters, until late yesterday (February 13).

The actress, who plays pub landlady Stella Price, tweeted late last night: "Just got home After major night shoot could never be a night worker!

Antony Cotton, who plays Sean, told fans: "Here we go... The big blast!!! #roversfire."

Collins added that "fans will love" the "exciting and dramatic" episode to air next month.

Meanwhile, ITV has confirmed that, contrary to rumours, Stella will remain landlady after the fire. This Morning soap expert Sharon Marshall had previously suggested Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) would take over.

Sunita Alahan, played by departing actress Shobna Gulati, has been widely tipped to lose her life when the iconic pub goes up in flames next month

tammyy2j
14-02-2013, 15:22

Alan must he happy :p

Is the fire at Eileen and Paul's engagement party if so maybe Paul dies

tammyy2j
15-02-2013, 13:35
If Kevin is leaving now maybe he dies

sarah c
15-02-2013, 14:04
If Kevin is leaving now maybe he dies

or maybe his role in Tyrone's escape comes to light and he gets sent straight to jail...?

tammyy2j
15-02-2013, 16:15
or maybe his role in Tyrone's escape comes to light and he gets sent straight to jail...?

Or Kirsty kills him

Snagglepus
15-02-2013, 17:23
If Kevin gets killed off what will then become of the garage as Tyrone sold his share. Will Sophie be the new owner.

LostVoodoo
15-02-2013, 18:11
If Kevin dies then Sally will probably be forced to take on poor baby Jack. I don't know if they'd kill him off, he's facing trial but hasn't been found guilty of anything, so prison might make more sense.

Debzyg
15-02-2013, 18:36
Well Michael Levell was only charged today and they've already filmed the fire scenes so would they be able to kill him off in that if the fire scenes were filmed prior to him being charged? They wouldn't have known about his police charges when they were filming the fire?

parkerman
15-02-2013, 18:56
They won't kill him off.They will have to leave a get out in case he is found not guilty so they can bring him back.

Dazzle
15-02-2013, 19:12
They won't kill him off.They will have to leave a get out in case he is found not guilty so they can bring him back.

Michael le Vell won't be appearing in any further episodes of Corrie while facing child sex offences, according to an ITV spokesman: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a459052/coronation-street-michael-le-vell-scenes-dropped-after-charges.html

It begs the question of how he'll be edited out of scenes that have already been filmed.

Parkerman's right that Kevin won't be killed off during the Rovers fire in case he's found not guilty.

Dazzle
15-02-2013, 19:12
deleted

LizzyBizzy
15-02-2013, 20:54
Does Corrie do head transplants? If so, there's always that option.

alan45
15-02-2013, 21:01
It is important to remember that Michael has not been convicted of any offence yet

lizann
15-02-2013, 23:12

even if he is innocent would they want him back after having charges of child sex offences against him

lizann
15-02-2013, 23:12
Stella Price will be left fighting for life when she gets trapped upstairs as a fire engulfs the boozer.

In dramatic scenes, Stella's boyfriend Jason Grimshaw will make a brave bid to save her.

But he has a battle with feisty firefighter Paul Kershaw as he tries to stop him getting into the smoke-filled pub.

Paul (Tony Hirst, 46) takes charge of the 999 drama as flames rip through the Street's iconic watering hole.

Fans can expect chaos on the cobbles as the locals evacuate their homes and quickly try to see if everyone is safe.

But it's Stella's daughter Leanne Tilsley (Jane Danson, 34) who realises her mum is still inside the burning building.

In scenes filmed this week, she is seen BLAZE screaming on the street: "Someone please find her."

Racing to the front door, Jason (Ryan Thomas, 28) shouts: "Stella's still in there, we've got to get her out."

But his rescue attempt hits the skids thanks to off-duty firefighter Paul.

He rages: "Everyone wait. Until the crews arrive I'm in charge, no-one goes in that building. Stay back Jason, everyone get back.

"We've got to wait for back-up." Jason is furious and rages: "We're letting her die in there."

Fans will have to wait and see if Stella (Michelle Collins, 51) makes it out alive. The scenes will mirror the 1986 fire in the Rovers that almost killed Bet Lynch, (Julie Goodyear, 70) who was landlady at the time.

Just like Stella, she was trapped upstairs when the pub went up in flames but was rescued by Kevin Webster.

parkerman
16-02-2013, 07:49
even if he is innocent would they want him back after having charges of child sex offences against him
Yes. Why shouldn't they if he's found not guilty?

parkerman
16-02-2013, 07:49

Rain_
16-02-2013, 08:46
The easiest way round it would be to have him badly burned and hide him away in a burns unit, then if he's found guilty he can die from his injuries, if not, he can recover and return to the street. After all history is repeating itself as far as the fire is concerned so it could also repeat itself in as far as it's kevin that goes in to save stella.

parkerman
16-02-2013, 09:02
The easiest way round it would be to have him badly burned and hide him away in a burns unit, then if he's found guilty he can die from his injuries, if not, he can recover and return to the street. After all history is repeating itself as far as the fire is concerned so it could also repeat itself in as far as it's kevin that goes in to save stella.
Good thinking!

parkerman
16-02-2013, 09:02
Good thinking!

alan45
16-02-2013, 14:31

And if found not guilty what possible justification could they have for not letting him back. Do you mean that everyone who has an allegation made against them should lose their jobs?????

alan45
16-02-2013, 14:32

And if found not guilty what possible justification could they have for not letting him back. Do you mean that everyone who has an allegation made against them should lose their jobs?????

Snagglepus
16-02-2013, 20:04
Does double posting increase your post count?

Perdita
16-02-2013, 20:20
yes, it does

parkerman
17-02-2013, 07:46
yes, it does
That's two more then...

parkerman
17-02-2013, 07:46
yes, it does
That's two more then...

sarah c
17-02-2013, 10:10
how about Bill being really ill with Kevin going to look after him or be with him 'for a while'

Killing the character off, on the chance the actor may be found guilty is a big risk??

so something that keeps him out of sight, with the open door to return if and when etc?

owenlee4me
17-02-2013, 12:31
Can we please have Lloyds "girlfriend" Mandy in the fire, she is dire!!
she waltz's into the street, gets a job in the pub (how do these people always find jobs so handy!!) and her acting????? it's terrible and she is so irratating, please send her away somehow any how, but lets get rid and poor Jenna can get on with her life without this bossy woman spouting her frustration at her

sarah c
17-02-2013, 12:44
Can we please have Lloyds "girlfriend" Mandy in the fire, she is dire!!
she waltz's into the street, gets a job in the pub (how do these people always find jobs so handy!!) and her acting????? it's terrible and she is so irratating, please send her away somehow any how, but lets get rid and poor Jenna can get on with her life without this bossy woman spouting her frustration at her

firstly, as with EE - no one works further than 2 feet away from where they live its a soap rule..!!

and at this rate, taking everyones votes into account - half the street will perish in the fire :-)

alan45
17-02-2013, 13:59
how about Bill being really ill with Kevin going to look after him or be with him 'for a while'

Killing the character off, on the chance the actor may be found guilty is a big risk??

so something that keeps him out of sight, with the open door to return if and when etc?

Killing him off because of the Court Case could leave ITV wide open to a claim under employment law. A person is still innocent until found guilty. I like your idea for his absence Sarah

alan45
17-02-2013, 13:59

Killing him off because of the Court Case could leave ITV wide open to a claim under employment law. A person is still innocent until found guilty. I like your idea for his absence Sarah

lizann
17-02-2013, 18:21

i just think it might be too controversial even if innocent to have him back

parkerman
17-02-2013, 18:41
If that was me I'd be straight in with an unfair dismissal case and take ITV to the cleaners.

alan45
17-02-2013, 23:33

How would you like to lose your job over false allegations. Michael Le Vell is INNOCENT until proven guilty

alan45
17-02-2013, 23:33

How would you like to lose your job over false allegations. Michael Le Vell is INNOCENT until proven guilty

Perdita
18-02-2013, 21:21
Coronation Street has confirmed that Stella Price will be left trapped during next month's Rovers Return fire storyline.

It was reported last week that Michelle Collins's character would be left fighting for her life as a result of the blaze and ITV has now spoken about the plot on the soap's official website.

"The Rovers was last engulfed by flames back in 1986, when then landlady Bet Lynch only narrowly escaped death. Will Stella share the same luck?" reads the post.

Collins has already discussed the upcoming storyline and has described the stunts as "amazing". It has been reported that two characters could lose their lives in the fire.

ITV teased:"Will landlady Stella fall victim to the fire? Could it be barmaid Tina? Fireman Paul? Bad guy Karl? Sunita? Gloria? Eva? Toyboy Jason? No-one is safe from the killer flames..."

The cast and crew of the ITV soap began shooting night scenes for the story last week and the dramatic moments will unfold on screen next month.

Coronation Street continues on Wednesday at 7.30pm on ITV.

alan45
18-02-2013, 22:21
The things that ITV do to get us to like this hopeless character are unbelievable. If she is not getting knocked down by the street drunk, or sorting out the personal affairs of Betty whom she hardly knew, or taking on bank robbers and putting the world to rights she has to be at the front of all major story lines. Why dont ITV realise she hasnt worked and they should ditch her, Carl and Eva as soon as possible

Unfortunately it doesnt look like she does get killed off if DS and ITV are to be believed

tammyy2j
18-02-2013, 22:52
I'd say the two deaths are Sunita and Paul and/or Gloria

Katy
20-02-2013, 11:42
Whos Paul??

Unfortunately I don't think it will be Stella. Even though I really don't see the point of her character. She adds absolutely nothing.

Katy
20-02-2013, 11:42
Whos Paul??

Unfortunately I don't think it will be Stella. Even though I really don't see the point of her character. She adds absolutely nothing.

Perdita
20-02-2013, 11:56
Paul, the fireman, Eileens partner

sarah c
20-02-2013, 12:19
Paul, the fireman, Eileens partner

Paul does take charg eof the situation when the fire goes up -so he would be the obvious choice to go back into the building if someone is trapped

and as a character he isnt really doing anything? after Lesley died in the abortive 'dementia' storyline, he seems at a loss?

alan45
20-02-2013, 16:20
Whos Paul??

Not only does she not add anything she actually ruins a lot of the storylines due to her pointless involvement in them in an effort by the producers to get us to like her character

alan45
20-02-2013, 16:20
Whos Paul??

Not only does she not add anything she actually ruins a lot of the storylines due to her pointless involvement in them in an effort by the producers to get us to like her character

dinglemafia
20-02-2013, 20:14
they'll probably be a curveball thrown in by itv for the second person to die in the fire, however it won't be someone who's been in for ages like Sunitta!
but it'll probably be Paul because firemen often perish in soaps for their heroics as they say

dinglemafia
20-02-2013, 20:14
they'll probably be a curveball thrown in by itv for the second person to die in the fire, however it won't be someone who's been in for ages like Sunitta!
but it'll probably be Paul because firemen often perish in soaps for their heroics as they say

Debzyg
20-02-2013, 22:45
How I'd love the second person to be Gail........I won't hold my breath though......

sarah c
21-02-2013, 09:53
I think the second person is Paul now - especially as he and Eileen has 'troubles' before the fire....

alan45
24-02-2013, 14:22
Coronation Street character Paul Kershaw has been axed from the ITV soap.

Actor Tony Hirst, who first appeared as the fireman in 2010, will bow out of the show when his contract comes to an end later this year.

According to the Sunday Mirror, Paul will be killed off, although it is currently unknown if his death will tie into the upcoming Rovers Return fire.

A Corrie spokesman said: "It's a big year for the character of Paul. He will be at the centre of some explosive storylines which will culminate in a dramatic departure."

Writers apparently felt that they had taken the character as far as they could. His previous storylines included a love triangle with Eileen Grimshaw and his Alzheimer's sufferer wife Lesley.

At least one major character will die in the Rovers Return fire, with the latest reports suggesting two Corrie regulars could lose their lives.

alan45
24-02-2013, 14:22
Coronation Street character Paul Kershaw has been axed from the ITV soap.

Actor Tony Hirst, who first appeared as the fireman in 2010, will bow out of the show when his contract comes to an end later this year.

According to the Sunday Mirror, Paul will be killed off, although it is currently unknown if his death will tie into the upcoming Rovers Return fire.

A Corrie spokesman said: "It's a big year for the character of Paul. He will be at the centre of some explosive storylines which will culminate in a dramatic departure."

Writers apparently felt that they had taken the character as far as they could. His previous storylines included a love triangle with Eileen Grimshaw and his Alzheimer's sufferer wife Lesley.

At least one major character will die in the Rovers Return fire, with the latest reports suggesting two Corrie regulars could lose their lives.

tammyy2j
24-02-2013, 18:47
Bet he will die a hero saving Stella

alan45
24-02-2013, 19:43

Unfortunately you are probably correct and if so its the wrong person who dies

alan45
24-02-2013, 19:43

Unfortunately you are probably correct and if so its the wrong person who dies

Katy
24-02-2013, 21:14
Such a shame, this was the perfect opportunity to put a lot more characters in that fire!! Id be getting rid of half the street,

alan45
18-03-2013, 11:26
Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson has admitted he made cut-backs on the soap's budget for more than a year so he could use it all on torching the Rovers Return.

The scenes will be Collinson's last before he leaves the ITV serial and he confessed that he wanted to go out with a bang.

"It's as big as the tram crash. It plays out over three episodes. That allowed us to spend a lot of time on the fire," he explained to the Daily Star.

"It cost us a lot of money but it's fantastic and brilliant and vivid. The thing they do really well on Corrie is the colliding of lots of storylines. It's not just the pub going up.

"I'm excited about it. It was arduous to film – it took us four weeks. We had an incredible team who also worked on the tram crash. We squirrelled bits of money away all year because I sort of knew I was leaving and wanted to go out with a bang – that's an awful admission. It cost a lot.

"You can imagine… rebuilding the set, the special effects, the stunt people. Every penny is on screen. I wanted to sign off properly.

"I remember the first Rovers fire in the mid-'80s so vividly."

Collinson, whose new job is developing dramas for ITV, added that he is proud of the work he has done on Corrie.

"I feel it's a job well done. I'm really proud of my time on the show."

Coronation Street airs these scenes tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm.

alan45
18-03-2013, 11:27
Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson has admitted he made cut-backs on the soap's budget for more than a year so he could use it all on torching the Rovers Return.

The scenes will be Collinson's last before he leaves the ITV serial and he confessed that he wanted to go out with a bang.

"It's as big as the tram crash. It plays out over three episodes. That allowed us to spend a lot of time on the fire," he explained to the Daily Star.

"It cost us a lot of money but it's fantastic and brilliant and vivid. The thing they do really well on Corrie is the colliding of lots of storylines. It's not just the pub going up.

"I'm excited about it. It was arduous to film – it took us four weeks. We had an incredible team who also worked on the tram crash. We squirrelled bits of money away all year because I sort of knew I was leaving and wanted to go out with a bang – that's an awful admission. It cost a lot.

"You can imagine… rebuilding the set, the special effects, the stunt people. Every penny is on screen. I wanted to sign off properly.

"I remember the first Rovers fire in the mid-'80s so vividly."

Collinson, whose new job is developing dramas for ITV, added that he is proud of the work he has done on Corrie.

"I feel it's a job well done. I'm really proud of my time on the show."

Coronation Street airs these scenes tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm.

tammyy2j
19-03-2013, 18:38
Such a shame, this was the perfect opportunity to put a lot more characters in that fire!! Id be getting rid of half the street,

Yes Tracey and Stella could be gone with the fire but the writers were stupid only have two deaths and one isn't even a main or secondary character

tammyy2j
19-03-2013, 18:38
I thought the fire scenes were badly done also

lizann
19-03-2013, 19:34
so who is going to pay for the repairs because insurance wont pay out for arson so will it be dev as sunita gets the blame?

tammyy2j
17-04-2013, 15:09
Where did Stella get the 10 grand to pay Owen?

parkerman
17-04-2013, 16:20
so who is going to pay for the repairs because insurance wont pay out for arson so will it be dev as sunita gets the blame?
Weren't they divorced? Not Dev's responsibility.

parkerman
17-04-2013, 16:20
Weren't they divorced? Not Dev's responsibility.

Perdita
17-04-2013, 16:45
Would Dev be held responsible if they had not divorced? :eek:

lizann
17-04-2013, 20:41
i think alan is starting a fund for stella to repair the pub :p

alan45
18-04-2013, 00:25

Only if they bring back Big Jim Mc Donald

alan45
18-04-2013, 00:25

Only if they bring back Big Jim Mc Donald

alan45
01-02-2015, 15:20
Coronation Street series producer Stuart Blackburn has revealed that Steve McDonald and Michelle Connor could face losing the Rovers Return - to none other than Tracy Barlow.
In a spring preview video released by ITV, Blackburn reveals that Steve's depression has led him to let the pub's finances slide and that this could have devastating consequences.
"The minibus crash is going to have immense consequences for Steve," he said. "It absolutely forces him to admit to his depression. Very quickly he proposes [to Michelle]. We're going to be heading early summer towards a wonderful, very Corrie street wedding."
However, while the couple are celebrating their engagement, Michelle realises that the Rovers is in financial trouble.
"It's not all good news for Steve," Blackburn continued, "because Michelle will realise that in the months where Steve was silently dealing with his depression he wasn't just spending more money than he had. He wasn't paying the bills. It looks like they could lose the Rovers; they haven't got the money.
"Tracy, unfortunately, realises this as she continues her seduction of Tony. She not only sets her sights on him but she sets her sights on the pub as well."
Marsh recently said that she was "delighted" that her character will be marrying Steve.

TaintedLove
02-02-2015, 01:54
I doubt if that will happen. Tracey is so poor she was persuaded by Tony to buy half her business.
As much as I`d like to see Me-me-me-chelle thrown out the Rovers on her ear, Liz or Tony will probably find the money from somewhere to pay off their debts.

Perdita
02-02-2015, 06:44
Does not make sense ... surely as co-owners Liz and Michelle would know that bills have not been paid by now and as Steve has hardly been able to function normally for quite a while, they would have taken care of that side of the business????

maidmarian
02-02-2015, 07:56
:)
Does not make sense ... surely as co-owners Liz and Michelle would know that bills have not been paid by now and as Steve has hardly been able to function normally for quite a while, they would have taken care of that side of the business????

you must try to curb that streak of
common-sense & realism Perdita!
It will spoil all the storylines

Perdita
02-02-2015, 08:38
Sorry :o :p

Glen1
02-02-2015, 09:49
Looks like the operation to" improve Michelle's viewer popularity rating" is well under way. Tracy as mein host at t'Rovers ,well that's a turn up for sure ?

tammyy2j
02-02-2015, 14:54

Isn't Steve and Liz the co owners not Michelle

alan45
02-02-2015, 15:50
Me-me-me-chelle

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Isn't Steve and Liz the co owners not Michelle

I thought Steve actually owned the pub although the Licence is in Elizabeth's name so it is because yer man Steve has a Criminal record so he has

Glen1
02-02-2015, 16:01
As I understand Steve and Liz are co- owners. Steves criminal record expired, Steve and Michelle became joint licensees with Liz as manager.

lizann
02-02-2015, 18:34
tracy should hire beth for the bar

alan45
03-02-2015, 00:24
As I understand Steve and Liz are co- owners. Steves criminal record expired, Steve and Michelle became joint licensees with Liz as manager.

Steve McDonald purchased the pub from Stella in October 2013, after she decided that the place held too many painful memories for her. Steve enlisted his mother, Liz's help, as he couldn't afford to buy the pub outright. Liz gave him 50% of the money, intending on helping him run the pub. Steve bought the pub in secret, in order to surprise Michelle and intended on making her landlady. On 14 October 2013, just two days after Steve and Michelle took over the reigns from Stella, a fight broke out in the pub between Kylie and Tina . During the action, Liz returned and resumed her place as landlady,

from wikipedia so it must be true:D

Glen1
03-02-2015, 16:57
Good old wiki bit lengthy but clears it up "Liz returns to the street again in October 2013. It transpires that both Steve and Liz have bought back The Rovers Return from former landlady, Stella Price (Michelle Collins), owning 45% each. Liz is stunned when she walks into The Rovers and finds Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) and Kylie Platt (Paula Lane) sharing a catfight in front of the bar. Liz and Kylie's friend Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley) attempt to step in, but Liz watches in horror as Kylie accidentally slaps Eva. After throwing both Kylie and Tina out of the pub, Liz discovers that Steve hasn't told his girlfriend Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) that she was co-owner. She is further surprised to learn that Michelle is co-landlady and owns 10% of the pub. Following a confrontation with Steve, Michelle resumes her friendship with Liz. Lloyd and Eileen ask how Liz's life was while living in Spain, and Liz replies that it was actually a holiday, although she did own a health spa and a villa whilst there but sold the health spa to buy back The Rovers "

Dazzle
03-02-2015, 17:14
She is further surprised to learn that Michelle is co-landlady and owns 10% of the pub.

Well you learn something new every day. How did I miss that? Thanks Glen! :)

Glen1
03-02-2015, 17:48
Same here must have missed that part. Wonder if the Rovers is placed into receivership. Can't see LIz agreeing voluntarily to sell to Tracy, unless Steve's and Michelle's combined 55% stake forces the sale ?:) Where does that leave Liz ?

parkerman
04-02-2015, 10:43
Same here must have missed that part. Wonder if the Rovers is placed into receivership. Can't see LIz agreeing voluntarily to sell to Tracy, unless Steve's and Michelle's combined 55% stake forces the sale ?:) Where does that leave Liz ?
With 45% still.

alan45
04-02-2015, 12:19
Of course we have to feature into the equation that Liz's lover Tony is also Tracyluvs lover so he could be a winner either way. If Tracyluv takes over T'Rovers then he would not even have to move his toothbrush from the bathroom cabinet. Much better than the floor of Barlows Bargains.

Dazzle
04-02-2015, 13:12
Of course we have to feature into the equation that Liz's lover Tony is also Tracyluvs lover so he could be a winner either way. If Tracyluv takes over T'Rovers then he would not even have to move his toothbrush from the bathroom cabinet. Much better than the floor of Barlows Bargains.

I hadn't thought of it like that! :D

tammyy2j
04-02-2015, 13:44
Maybe Liz's friend Erica could buy the pub or Leanne with her divorce pay out

ellie2
04-02-2015, 20:30
:angry:

That is what would happen in the real world Perdita. In Silly Soapland anything is allowed to happen, however far fetched. Killer Tracey swanning around when she should still be locked up is a prime example. :angry:

lizann
01-06-2021, 00:19
going on the market for sale again

Perdita
01-11-2023, 05:20
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a45688096/coronation-street-spoilers-rovers-return-future/

Coronation Street has confirmed the long-term future of the Rovers Return following fears that it could shut down for good.

The Street's iconic pub was recently closed by its new owners, who ordered a major refurbishment and sacked the existing staff members.

Since the Rovers closed its doors, we've seen it play host to some of Stephen Reid's final moments, as his dramatic last episode saw him terrorise Jenny Connor and Sarah Barlow in the empty building.

Since then, there have been few updates on the business' future or a possible reopening date.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media in a recent press call, Coronation Street's producer Iain MacLeod admitted: "We don't want the Rovers shut for too long because it's almost like a character in its own right.

"Closing it felt almost like a death ? it's almost as big a deal for me as any of the people that might have met their sticky end at the hands of Stephen Reid. The idea that the pub is boarded up was horrifying ? and even walking up the lot and seeing that, it's like a dagger to the heart.

"So it's not going to stay closed for that long. In fact, it reopens on New Year's Eve, but the interesting thing is that the circumstances of it becoming open again are all tied up with Stephen's legacy.

"Somebody will do something that is at best, naughty, at worst, slightly criminal to get their hands on the keys to the pub and reopen it. So it will reopen, but the reopening of it will be based on this slightly shaky foundation of a criminal act."

He continued: "I suppose the viewers will be wondering: 'Well, okay, so the pub is open, but what disaster will befall the person that's allowed that to happen, because it's all based on this misdeed that they've committed?'

"We didn't want it to just open up again and it was like nothing had ever happened. We wanted it to open up with this kind of buried bomb underneath it that we will explode later in [2024]."

MacLeod also assured viewers that, despite recent on-screen talk of a big refurbishment, the pub won't look too different when it opens its doors again.

He said: "It's not going to look radically different. With certain sets, I'm not saying they should never change, but I'd certainly feel like I don't want it to be modernised and gastropub-ified or turned into a chain pub ? in the same way I feel weirdly protective of Deirdre's wallpaper at number one.

"I do feel like the Rovers decor is going to be updated a touch. But for the most part, I really like the look and feel of it at the moment. So it's going to reopen looking quite similar, but the circumstances of its ownership are going to be much more fraught."

Perdita
14-11-2023, 14:03
ig Coronation Street plot accidentally leaked in star?s Instagram post
Coronation Street viewers have been left wondering what the future holds for the beloved Rovers Return Inn, after it was taken over by Waterford?s, but a new Instagram post by actress Claire Sweeney has revealed that the pub will be left in safe hands.
Claire, who plays Cassie Plummer in the ITV soap, is set to compete in the new series of Dancing on Ice, and recently announced who is set to be her partner on the ice.
However, the picture didn?t just confirm that Claire will be partnered with professional skater Colin Grafton, as eagle-eyed fans will have realised.
In the back of the snap, Jenny Connor?s (Sally Ann Matthews) name can be seen above the door, confirming that she is still the licensee of the pub when it reopens.
On screen, the pub is still boarded up as it undergoes a renovation, but producer Iain MacLeod has confirmed that it will reopen over New Year.
?It?s not going to stay closed for that long. In fact, it reopens on New Year?s Eve I think, but the interesting thing about it is the circumstances of it becoming open again, are all tied up with Stephen?s legacy and somebody will do something that is at best, naughty, at worst, slightly criminal to get their hands on the keys to the pub and reopen it.
?So it will reopen but the reopening of it will be based on this slightly shaky foundation of a criminal act, shall we say?
?So I suppose the viewers will be wondering well, okay, so the pubs are open, but what disaster will befall the person that?s allowed that to happen because it?s all based on this misdeed that they?ve committed towards the end of the year.
?So we didn?t want it I suppose to just open up again and it was like nothing had ever happened. We wanted it to open up with this kind of buried bomb underneath it that we will explode later in the year.
Not only will the Rover?s be under the same management, but the interior isn?t set to look drastically different after the refurb either.
?It?s not going to look radically different either because I don?t know about you guys but I think certain sets and I?m not saying they should never change but I?d certainly feel like I don?t want it to be modernised and gastropub-ified or turned into a chain pub, you know, so much like I feel weirdly protective of Deirdre?s wallpaper at number one.
?I do feel like the Rover?s decor is going to be updated a touch. But for the most part, I really like the look and feel of it at the moment. So it?s going to reopen, looking quite similar, but the circumstances of its ownership are going to be much more fraught??

lizann
03-04-2024, 00:45
was that the first time we saw the kitchen, very modern when it doesn't serve many dishes, it should have a chef with more dishes than hotpot

Ruffed_lemur
04-04-2024, 17:27
was that the first time we saw the kitchen, very modern when it doesn't serve many dishes, it should have a chef with more dishes than hotpot

I thought it looked too big to fit in the Rovers!

lizann
04-04-2024, 18:48
I thought it looked too big to fit in the Rovers!

more a hotel kitchen

parkerman
04-04-2024, 20:50
more a hotel kitchen

It's all those hotpots.

Perdita
05-04-2024, 08:18
The odd cheese and ham sandwich has been served in the past ... :cool: