PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Perdita
17-01-2013, 19:33
The theme art has been unveiled for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.

Developed by Malmo's host broadcaster STV, the message for this year's competition is 'We are one'.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/03/618x343/eurovision-song-contest-malmo-butterfly.jpg

"This year's theme reflects that timeless feeling millions of people will experience in May this year, when Europe comes together to celebrate its diversity," said Jon Ola Sand, executive supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest on behalf of the EBU (European Broadcasting Union).

"The unprecedented eye for detail that this theme art reflects opens up countless possibilities for three of the best live entertainment shows Europe will see this year."

The idea, design and concept for this year's Eurovision Song Contest was created by Happy F & B and Forsman & Bodenfors.

Former X Factor and current Celebrity Big Brother contestant Rylan Clark has said that he would "happily" represent the UK in next year's Eurovision Song Contest.

Last year's UK representative Engelbert Humperdinck finished in second-last place with just 12 points.

Earlier this week, Cascada unveiled the song 'Glorious', with which they hope to represent Germany at this year's contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9BL0RFQT2ys

Perdita
07-03-2013, 12:17
Bonnie Tyler will represent the UK at this year's Eurovision Song Contest, the BBC has confirmed.

The singer - best known for her power ballad 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' and 'Holding Out for a Hero' from the original Footloose movie - will perform a new track named 'Believe In Me' from her forthcoming album Rocks and Honey at the annual competition in Sweden.

Tyler - who follows in the footsteps of last year's entrant Engelbert Humperdinck - said in a statement: "I am truly honoured and delighted to be able to represent my country at Eurovision, and especially with such a fabulous song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cqXk_FRw62Q

"I promise to give this everything that I've got for the UK!"

Katie Taylor, BBC controller of entertainment and events, added: "Bonnie Tyler is truly a global superstar with a fantastic voice, and we are delighted she will be flying the flag for the UK in Malmö."

'Believe In Me' was written by Desmond Child, Lauren Christy and Christopher Braide, and is produced by David Huff.

A unnamed Eurovision expert told The Mirror: "She should be one of our strongest contestants in many years - her live vocal ability is tried and tested.

"Bonnie could easily finish in the top 10 with this power ballad. She has decades of experience so should be able to pull this off with aplomb."

The 58th annual Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Malmö between May 14 and 18. Tyler will release Rocks and Honey on May 6.

Perdita
07-03-2013, 12:29
I like this, she will do better with this than Engelbert did last year

tammyy2j
07-03-2013, 15:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sZUOQa066O8

Ireland's entry no Jedward this year

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2013, 22:19
It doesn't matter who represents the UK we're going to get hammered by the other countries.

Katy
09-03-2013, 11:27
Ireland's is very Europop.

I don't know why I still even watch the Eurovision, I just end up getting sucked in.

Katy
09-03-2013, 11:27
Ireland's is very Europop.

I don't know why I still even watch the Eurovision, I just end up getting sucked in.

tammyy2j
18-05-2013, 20:42
Well I'm watching anyone else :o

Perdita
18-05-2013, 20:52
Yes :D

Katy
18-05-2013, 22:14
And me!!

Think bonnies lost her voice!

I liked Estonia Malta and Ireland

Katy
18-05-2013, 22:15
And me!!

lizann
18-05-2013, 23:35
disgraceful votes for ireland deserved much better f*ck off europe loved the greece song

Perdita
19-05-2013, 05:48
And me!!

Bonnie sounded very nervous to me, compared to the other times I heard her sing the song

Perdita
19-05-2013, 06:14
Denmark has won the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.

Emmelie de Forest's 'Only Teardrops' emerged victorious at this year's competition, ending the night with 281 points.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/20/618x433/denmark-eurovision-winner-music.jpg
© WENN
Denmark's Emmelie de Forest

Azerbaijan's Farid Mammadov was runner-up, with his song 'Hold Me' earning 234 points, while Ukraine gained 214 points for Zlata Ognevich's 'Gravity' to come third.

Ireland's entry Ryan Dolan only picked up five points, leaving them last, while the UK's Bonnie Tyler reached 19th place with 'Believe In Me'.

Tyler's placing is an improvement on Engelbert Humperdinck's result last year, as the crooner came second to last with his song 'Love Will Set You Free' in Baku, Azerbaijan.

However, it falls short of Blue's 11th place success for the UK at the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest in Düsseldorf, Germany.

Katy
19-05-2013, 11:21
I think the uk and Ireland should just pull the plug on it, surely there's better ways money could be spent. Leave the others to fight it out amongst themselves cause it certainly is not about the music anymore,

tammyy2j
19-05-2013, 20:18
I liked the song that won

Siobhan
21-05-2013, 07:40
Denmark was brilliant.. but Bonnie Tyler was ****... I don't understand how France and some of the other countries got ahead of Ireland (it wasn't a bad song).. It is now just "12 points to our neighbours" regardless of how good or bad the song was

Katy
21-05-2013, 09:06
France shoud def have been bottom, she was awful.I know its hard to come on first but seriously. The song was awful and she wasnt even in tune.

The Irish song wasnt bad at all. Had a decent hook line. Even with a lot of countries not taking part or getting through to the finals its still just voting for our neighbours.Your right there.

Brucie
21-05-2013, 12:07
I think the UK's policy of sending out pop star "has-beens" for one last hurrah is misguided (they clearly can't cope with the workload if they're as old as Bonnie and Engelbert, and have tired voices by the time they have to sing in the contest), and it's also rather sad. To me, it's like the musical equivalent of a trip to Dignitas.

deadlydave
21-05-2013, 12:57
The whole thing is over rated, waste of money, political handshaking useless exercise. Save the money and put it into Education, NHS, Policing. Instead of giving some has been one last chance to boost their already overinflated EGO! rant over....