PDA

View Full Version : Quirke

tammyy2j
17-01-2013, 01:38
Merlin star Colin Morgan will be returning to TV before too long with a guest-starring role in the upcoming BBC1 drama series Quirke.

Based on the novels by Benjamin Black (AKA Irish writer John Banville) about a mononymous hard-drinking 1950s Dublin pathologist, Quirke has been adapted for TV by screenwriters Andrew Davies and Conor McPherson and stars Gabriel Byrne in the title role.

The Anglo-Irish co-production will run for three 90 minute instalments, and Morgan will guest star in the third episode Elegy for April as a character named Jimmy Minor.

Each episode of the drama sees Quirke investigating the death of one of the people who’s ended up on his mortuary slab, only to discover that his investigations are a lot more closely connected to his own life than he could ever have imagined.

Talking about the series, Banville said: “I am very excited by the prospect of seeing my character Quirke incarnated by Gabriel Byrne, a perfect choice for the part.

"I know both Quirke and Benjamin Black will be wonderfully served by Andrew Davies and Conor McPherson, two masters of their craft."

As well as Byrne and Morgan, the series will feature Michael Gambon, Nick Dunning, Geraldine Somerville and Sara Stewart among its cast.

Filming on Quirke will begin in Dublin later this year.

tammyy2j
04-02-2014, 16:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NWmJPLcqCM&feature=player_embedded

No start yet but the DVD is set for release on April 28, 2014 so can we assume it will be on BBC before that

tammyy2j
04-02-2014, 16:11