PDA

View Full Version : Gillian Taylforth (Sandy Roscoe)

Perdita
06-01-2013, 13:18
Former EastEnders star Gillian Taylforth has revealed that she may be joining Hollyoaks.

The actress, best known for her role as Walford's Kathy Beale, has been tipped to start filming with the Channel 4 soap a few weeks after her current stint in the Celebrity Big Brother house.

Taylforth told the Daily Star Sunday: "I'm nervous but I'm also really looking forward to it.

"It was a big decision as I have been away from soaps for a long time. But it's a long contract so it will be nice to settle back into something."

A Hollyoaks spokesperson told Digital Spy this morning (January 6) that the show has been in talks with Taylforth but nothing is confirmed at this stage.

No details have been disclosed over who the 57-year-old will be playing if the deal goes ahead.

As well as EastEnders, Taylforth has previously had roles in Footballers' Wives and The Bill.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a448826/hollyoaks-role-for-eastenders-star-gillian-taylforth.html#ixzz2HCWfkx4X

tammyy2j
06-01-2013, 19:20
She could be Anna the mother of Dirk and Patrick's kids

tammyy2j
05-02-2013, 00:01
Gillian Taylforth is joining the cast of Hollyoaks, it has been confirmed.

The actress, who played Kathy Beale in EastEnders for 15 years, will play the mother of five brothers who move into the village.

tammyy2j
05-02-2013, 00:01

Perdita
06-02-2013, 13:22
Bryan Kirkwood has revealed that Hollyoaks's new Roscoe family will be like the "male McQueens".

Celebrity Big Brother and ex-EastEnders star Gillian Taylforth was recently confirmed to be joining the teen soap, and will play the male-dominated family's matriarch Sandy.

"I'm very excited about this family," Kirkwood said before quipping: "Think a male version of the McQueens!"

He also compared one of the new brood to a member of world famous boyband One Direction, adding: "With five brothers there will be something for everyone - from the younger one who could be in One Direction to the eldest who is a true soap hunk.

"They are all seriously hot, and will be shirtless for a lot of the time!"

Meanwhile, former Kathy Beale actress Taylforth commented yesterday: "I am really looking forward to joining Hollyoaks, which is going from strength to strength under Bryan Kirkwood at the moment.

"My real family are excited to move up to Liverpool - a fantastic city - and I'm eager to meet my new family, five hunky Hollyoaks sons who I'm sure will all be saints!"

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

lizann
06-02-2013, 17:04
i wonder will be they be able to act

Perdita
06-02-2013, 17:34
as long as they take their shirts off in the right manner :p

Perdita
04-03-2013, 16:16
Hollyoaks' new recruit Gillian Taylforth has admitted that she is nervous over her role on the soap.

The former EastEnders actress has signed up for the part of Sandy Roscoe, who will be joining the show with five sons in a few weeks' time.

Taylforth, 57, told the Sunday Mirror that acting alongside the programme's younger cast members is daunting.

She said: "I'm so nervous. But I think back to the day I joined Footballers' Wives. I got through that. I walked into a room full of stick-thin, stunning girls and I thought, 'Oh God, what am I doing here?' I weighed about 9st at the time and vowed to live on grapes from then on.

"To join Hollyoaks with the most gorgeous girls in the business is nerve-racking. But I'm playing a mum with five boys, so that helps me get around things.

"All the male cast will be chasing around the young girl characters I'd imagine, so I'm sure they'll leave me right out of that!"

Taylforth also said that she wouldn't rule out a return to EastEnders as Kathy Beale, who died off screen in 2006.

She explained: "It's hilarious how it keeps rumbling on about me returning. Even now people come up to me and shout, 'Kathy!' But the funniest was just last week. I got a letter from someone telling me how they'd created the perfect storyline of how to bring Kathy back from the dead, asking if I'd be up for it.

"Stranger things have happened, like Dirty Den, and it is a soap opera. But if I ever did go back it wouldn't be for a few years because I'm just joining Hollyoaks and I can't wait to get stuck in."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

tammyy2j
08-05-2013, 01:00
Hollyoaks bosses have today (May 7) released the first picture of the full Roscoe family.

As previously announced, former EastEnders star Gillian Taylforth is heading up the new clan as Sandy Roscoe, the mother of five sons who are set to ruffle feathers in the village.

Hollyoaks fans have already been introduced to troublemaker Robbie Roscoe (Charlie Wernham) and his older brother Freddie (Charlie Clapham), while the rest of the family will be making their arrival on Thursday, May 23.

Sandy is a single mother who will have her work cut out in the village, holding down her own job as a district nurse and trying to keep her sons in control as they run their family garage business, Roscoes' Motor Maintenance.

With a warm and strong personality, Sandy is adored by her boys and will go to extraordinary lengths to protect her family.

Former Emmerdale actor Ayden Callaghan has been cast as Joe Roscoe, the eldest brother who is always looking out for his younger siblings. With old-fashioned values, Joe acts as the patriarch of the Roscoe family.

Fabrizio Santino plays middle son David "Ziggy" Roscoe, a cheeky charmer who is billed as "confident and hilariously vain". Although Ziggy has luck with the ladies, he is known for falling in and out of love very quickly.

Meanwhile, Alfie Browne-Sykes has secured the role of Jason Roscoe, who is Robbie's twin sibling. Jason couldn't be more different from Robbie as he is intelligent, kind-hearted and destined for success. Despite this, he has a strong bond with Robbie and always covers for him when he misbehaves.

Speaking of her return to the soap world, Taylforth commented: "Everyone at Hollyoaks has made all the Roscoe family members feel very welcome and I am really looking forward to the viewers seeing us all on screen for the first time. There is never a dull moment when the Roscoes are around!"

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a478996/hollyoaks-meet-the-roscoe-family-first-look-picture.html

tammyy2j
08-05-2013, 01:00

Perdita
08-05-2013, 17:47
Hollyoaks newcomer Sandy Roscoe will get tough with her wayward son Robbie when she joins the village.

Robbie (Charlie Wernham) has been getting away with a variety of bad behaviour in recent weeks, but that looks set to change when Sandy makes her arrival on May 23.

Sandy is hoping for a fresh start as she settles down in Hollyoaks with her five sons. However, her happiness is quickly shattered when she discovers that Robbie has been involved in an armed robbery at local shop Price Slice.

Former EastEnders star Gillian Taylforth, who plays Sandy, told Soaplife: "One of Robbie's brothers tells her about it. She goes looking for the gun he used and eventually Robbie has to come clean to her. Sandy's not happy - she's going to put her foot down."

Describing Sandy's personality, the actress continued: "She's a lot of fun - a real fun mum. She lets her sons, the elder ones, have their girlfriends stay over and she'll give them a bit of a wink.

"However, she's not a soft touch and she'll come down hard on the boys if they cause any trouble or break the law."

Taylforth also admitted that Sandy has a feisty side which will cause fireworks in the village.

Asked who Sandy will make friends with, she replied: "Well, so far, nobody! I did a scene the other day with Kieron Richardson, who plays Ste, and I had to slap him round the face. And I've just done a piece where Sandy clashes with Nancy and has a go at her, but Sandy has to back down because she's renting from her and Darren."

flappinfanny
08-05-2013, 23:40
cant wait, looks good. :)

tammyy2j
20-06-2013, 00:03
Hollyoaks star Gillian Taylforth has hinted that she would like to stick with the soap beyond her current contract.

The former EastEnders actress is currently on a one-year deal playing Sandy Roscoe, a new matriarch for the Channel 4 show.

In order to take on the role, Taylforth moved from Hertfordshire to Liverpool with her partner Dave Fairbairn and 14-year-old son Harrison.

Taylforth told Soaplife: "It's a year's contract and is too far to commute. I'd been in my home for 18 years, so it was a big decision to sell up. I miss my friends but so far it's going well.

"I got the backing of my children and Dave. Harrison has moved up with me and started a new school, but my daughter Jessica can't make her mind up. She's 21 and works as a hairdresser and she's got a job down south.

"Dave can pretty much work anywhere on a computer, so he agreed to move with us and see how it went."

When asked what she will do when her year at Hollyoaks is over, Taylforth expressed hope that she will be invited to stay on for longer.

She said: "I'll probably move back down to Hertfordshire because it's home and I love it there. But they might ask me to stay on at Hollyoaks. You never know. It's all quite exciting. I have no idea what the future holds."

tammyy2j
20-06-2013, 00:03

tammyy2j
25-06-2013, 21:50
Hollyoaks fans will see that a prior connection may exist between Sandy Roscoe and Jack Osborne next week.

The pair are startled when they come face-to-face following an argument between their respective families.

The story begins when Doctor Browning cancels the blackmail cheque he recently wrote out to Freddie, leaving the Roscoe clan in financial difficulty once again.

Needing to save as much cash as possible, the Roscoes decide to steal The Dog's electricity to power up the garage. However, when an angry Darren finds out what they're up to, it leads to an argument between him and Joe.

Later, Sandy (Gillian Taylforth) takes Joe to The Dog to apologise but is shocked when she sees Jack (Jimmy McKenna) there. It seems that these two know each other, but how?

tammyy2j
25-06-2013, 21:50

tammyy2j
21-09-2013, 22:25
Hollyoaks aired another shocking storyline twist this evening (September 20) as Darren Osborne was revealed as Sandy Roscoe's secret son.

Viewers of E4's first look screening saw Sandy (Gillian Taylforth) drop the bombshell publicly amid an argument with the Osborne family at The Dog In The Pond.

In recent weeks, fans and characters alike have speculated over the mystery connection between Sandy and Jack Osborne (Jimmy McKenna), with most believing that Jack was the real father of Sandy's eldest son Joe.

Show bosses kept the real story under wraps to provide an element of surprise for viewers.

Tonight's E4 episode saw a furious Joe (Ayden Callaghan) confront the Osborne family as they celebrated Jack and Frankie's vow renewals at The Dog.

Joe was shocked that the clan could celebrate so soon after Frankie ran over his fiancée Lindsey Butterfield in a road accident, leading to the tragic loss of their unborn baby.A huge row kicked off with Joe punching Darren (Ashley Taylor Dawson), until an emotional Sandy took control of the situation by revealing the shocking truth.

The storyline continues next week as Monday's first look episode delves deeper into the twist.

A Hollyoaks source told Digital Spy: "Jack and Sandy both have a lot of explaining to do. It's obvious that there is a secret affair in their past, but Darren and Joe will want to know the reason why they've been lied to for all these years. It's touch and go as to whether either family can recover from this."

tammyy2j
21-09-2013, 22:25

Perdita
09-03-2014, 12:37
Hollyoaks star Gillian Taylforth has decided to leave the soap after a year in the role of Sandy Roscoe.

The actress is bowing out after making the decision to spend more time with her real-life family.

Show bosses have promised that Sandy won't be killed off as they are leaving the door open for her to return intermittently in future storylines.

In a statement released to Digital Spy this morning (March 9), Taylforth commented: "I have loved the role of Sandy Roscoe playing mum to six gorgeous boys, all of whom I will miss desperately, but the time is right for me to spend more time with my own family.

"It has been enormous fun and hugely rewarding to be part of settling in a new Hollyoaks family and it fills me with pride that they have so quickly been taken to viewers' hearts.

"I am really happy that I will still be able to pop back to check on the Roscoe boys but it's now time for them to fend for themselves!"
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/19/618x411/soaps-hollyoaks-roscoe-family.jpg
Hollyoaks' new Roscoe family
© Lime Pictures
The Roscoe family

Taylforth, who joined the Hollyoaks cast in early 2013, is expected to depart on screen in the summer.

Since arriving in the village, Sandy's notable storylines have included her fling with Dodger Savage, her marriage to gangster Fraser Black and the shock reveal that she is Darren Osborne's real mum.

Taylforth previously played EastEnders' Kathy Beale between 1985 and 2000.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a556373/hollyoaks-gillian-taylforth-to-leave-sandy-roscoe-role.html#ixzz2vT6gxVfb

lizann
09-03-2014, 18:58
no real loss to the show

tammyy2j
17-03-2014, 22:44
I don't think Sandy would leave her family without good reason maybe she kills Fraser and is sent to prison

I can't see her being happy when she discovers all the awful things Fraser did

tammyy2j
17-03-2014, 22:44

Perdita
03-05-2014, 10:43
Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood has said that he expects Gillian Taylforth to make regular returns to the soap following her exit later this year.

Taylforth recently announced her decision to quit the role of Sandy Roscoe as she wants to spend more time with her real-life f

As the show's writers aren't planning to kill off Sandy, the door will be left open for her to return intermittently in future storylines.

Speaking to The Sun's TV Magazine, Kirkwood confirmed: "Gillian Taylforth will be back as Sandy. We can't underestimate how important she was in helping the audience to make a connection with the Roscoe family.

"She's a TV legend, a soap icon and a fantastic actress so we're talking about her returning whenever things go wrong for her boys - and that'll happen quite often!"
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/19/618x411/soaps-hollyoaks-roscoe-family.jpg
Hollyoaks' new Roscoe family
© Lime Pictures
The Roscoe family

While Sandy will be leaving Chester, Kirkwood promised that scheming Sienna Blake (Anna Passey) is going nowhere in the near future, describing her as "the most complex, surprising and emotional villain I've ever been part of creating".

He said: "I've been in story conferences over the years where you know when you've come to the end of the line with a character, but we're nowhere near that point with Sienna yet. She is right at the heart of the success of the programme."

Show bosses are also already making plans for a huge autumn storyline to match the success of the 'Enjoy The Ride' bus crash in 2012 and Hollyoaks Blast in 2013.

"Our audience expects a real 'appointment to view' storyline every autumn like last year's blast," Kirkwood explained. "It makes me chuckle when I see it talked about online as 'the annual cast cull' but it's been a Hollyoaks tradition for years now.

"Our first question when we get together for our autumn strand is 'how can we do something that we haven't seen before?' So as producer I'll be keen not to ape previous successes."

tammyy2j
21-08-2014, 16:33
In tonight's first look episode on E4 Sandy Black leaves Chester for good after the troubled resident packs her bags and leaves when she discovers the shocking news that it was actually Freddie Roscoe who killed her husband Fraser Black and her other son Joe Roscoe also made an attempt to kill Fraser

lizann
25-08-2014, 14:40
crap exit for her

lizann
15-11-2014, 00:53
she is back for xmas

lizann
25-12-2015, 00:17
surely a recast now a 2nd son dead

flappinfanny
26-12-2015, 00:34
surely a recast now a 2nd son dead

I wonder if she makes a surprise appearance for a couple of episodes?