PDA

View Full Version : Trudy

Perdita
31-12-2012, 16:48
Danniella Westbrook is set to "cause chaos" in Hollyoaks.
The former EastEnders actress, who previously played Sam Mitchell in the BBC soap, has signed up for a role in the Channel 4 show, reported Digital Spy.
"Thanks for all ur tweets re @Hollyoaks. I'm only there for a short while but gonna enjoy every minute ... #goodtimes #fun. Started in dec finish in feb x," she wrote on Twitter.
The 39-year-old actress will play Trudy, who will feature in a forthcoming storyline with the McQueen family, who will be seen on screens from February, when she hires cash-strapped Jacqui (Claire Cooper) and Theresa (Jorgie Porter) as cleaners.
While the plot has been kept under wraps, it will soon be revealed that Trudy and Jacqui share a history, as they were previously in prison together.
Claire confirmed the news on Twitter, writing: "Moi & @westbrookdanni will b waltzing around @Hollyoaks 2geth causing minor turbulence-Or major depending which side of t coin is flipped ;)"
Danniella replied: "You know it... Can't wait to get down and dirty next week!! Let's cause chaos baby..."

Perdita
30-01-2013, 09:59
Daniella Westbrook has been hailed a "hero" after helping to save a man's life.

The ex-EastEnders actress is said to have rushed to a man's aid after he collapsed on a pavement in London's West End.

She was filmed putting the man in the recovery position, clearing his airwaves and calling 999.

Witnesses have stated that were it not for her quick reactions, the 51-year-old man may have died.

"It's flattering if people are calling me a hero, but I don't want to make too much of a fuss," Westbrook told The Mirror.

"I was just doing my bit and would help anyone else in the same situation.

"It all happened so quickly and was scary but I tried to keep my cool until the arrival of the emergency services, who were brilliant."

An onlooker said: "There is no doubt that without Danniella's quick thinking things could have been much worse.

"She was every inch a hero as she whipped off her jacket and covered him up to keep him warm in the freezing cold.

"She also asked a passer-by for their coat, checked the chap's airways, put him in the recovery position, and managed to keep him conscious until paramedics arrived."

Westbrook had been having dinner with friends and her husband Kevin Jenkins when she saw the man outside a restaurant.

A source close to the actress said: "She was having supper and a few drinks but left early because she had quite a busy time planned with the kids.

"She's glad she was in the right place at the right time."

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson has said that two crews picked up the man in Soho on Friday night (January 25), and that he was treated at St Thomas's Hospital in South London.

Westbrook has just filmed her first scenes for Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks, which she joined as new character Trudy last month.

Perdita
30-01-2013, 09:59
Daniella Westbrook has been hailed a "hero" after helping to save a man's life.

The ex-EastEnders actress is said to have rushed to a man's aid after he collapsed on a pavement in London's West End.

She was filmed putting the man in the recovery position, clearing his airwaves and calling 999.

Witnesses have stated that were it not for her quick reactions, the 51-year-old man may have died.

"It's flattering if people are calling me a hero, but I don't want to make too much of a fuss," Westbrook told The Mirror.

"I was just doing my bit and would help anyone else in the same situation.

"It all happened so quickly and was scary but I tried to keep my cool until the arrival of the emergency services, who were brilliant."

An onlooker said: "There is no doubt that without Danniella's quick thinking things could have been much worse.

"She was every inch a hero as she whipped off her jacket and covered him up to keep him warm in the freezing cold.

"She also asked a passer-by for their coat, checked the chap's airways, put him in the recovery position, and managed to keep him conscious until paramedics arrived."

Westbrook had been having dinner with friends and her husband Kevin Jenkins when she saw the man outside a restaurant.

A source close to the actress said: "She was having supper and a few drinks but left early because she had quite a busy time planned with the kids.

"She's glad she was in the right place at the right time."

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson has said that two crews picked up the man in Soho on Friday night (January 25), and that he was treated at St Thomas's Hospital in South London.

Westbrook has just filmed her first scenes for Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks, which she joined as new character Trudy last month.

Perdita
02-02-2013, 14:18
Danniella Westbrook has revealed that she was more scared on her first day at Hollyoaks than she ever was at EastEnders.

The actress, who has played Walford's Sam Mitchell on and off since 1990, told The Sun that she was afraid to try something new.

Westbrook will play ex-convict Trudy in Hollyoaks. The character will be seen on screen from February 18 when she hires prison friend Jacqui (Claire Cooper) and sister Theresa (Jorgie Porter) as cleaners.

"I was more scared on that first day of Hollyoaks than I've ever been on EastEnders or even on Dancing on Ice," she said. "I was scared to do something different.

"I go back to EastEnders every so often and it's like putting on your Ugg boots, it's comfy. But this was something completely new."

Westbrook described Trudy as "ghetto-fabulous trailer trash", adding: "I love it. We have such a giggle in make-up putting hairpieces on and I get a real kick out of working with Claire. And I love Liverpool.

"London is too busy, but up here people make time to say hello. And they're so glamorous, I love that. They're not clones up here, everyone's got their own free spirit."

However, Westbrook admitted that she does not like changing in the same dressing room as the Channel 4 soap's young female stars, saying: "There are all these Hollyoaks honeys. I'm so glad I'm nearly 40 and don't have to worry about being a Hollyoaks honey.

"I just have to worry about being in the dressing room with them all. They're so thin, they're not all lumpy and their boobs stay up naturally.

"I'm like, 'Er, I'll just go and change in the toilet'."

Perdita
14-02-2013, 18:21
Danniella Westbrook has revealed that her Hollyoaks character Trudy has a "soft spot" for Jacqui McQueen, despite the tension ahead between the pair.

Jacqui (Claire Cooper) accepts a cleaning job from Trudy next week as she desperately needs to improve her family's dire financial situation. There is already a history between the two ladies as they were previously in prison together.

Viewers will see that Trudy holds a grudge against her old acquaintance, which becomes apparent when she tries to frame Jacqui for stealing mobile phones from work.

However, Westbrook told All About Soap: "Secretly [Trudy] has a soft spot for Jacqui, and I think vice versa. They do have genuine affection for one another, but they're both quite tough. They wouldn't be like, 'Aww, you're my best friend!' with each other!"

She continued: "Jacqui and Trudy are always gunning for each other's position. They've each got a hold over the other that has to do with something that happened when they were inside.

"They know if one of them says something about it, then they'll both be in a lot of trouble, so they use that to their advantage all the time. Jacqui will get one over on Trudy, and then Trudy will get one over on Jacqui."

Keen to get in her boss's good books, Jacqui convinces Tony Hutchinson (Nick Pickard) to go on a date with Trudy.

Westbrook explained: "Trudy first sees Tony in the village and thinks he's really gorgeous and hot. Jacqui persuades Tony to go with Trudy for one drink, but I think Trudy just frightens the life out of poor old Tony!

"He's absolutely petrified of her. The problem is, she's way too full-on and Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, and her behaviour really scares him."

Former EastEnders star Westbrook makes her first appearance in Hollyoaks on Thursday, February 21 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Perdita
18-02-2013, 16:45
Daniella Westbrook has described her Hollyoaks character Trudy as "seriously warped".

The 39-year-old actress, who has been cast as an ex-convict in the teen soap, told Bang Showbiz that she found some of her alter ego's actions to be "shocking".

''I was thinking you have to be seriously warped to play this character. Some of the stuff Trudy does was shocking," she said.

Westbrook also acknowledged that she will not be cast as "dolly bird" characters anymore.

She added: ''There was no pressure on me to play Trudy because there are so many young, beautiful actresses in this show with so much energy.

"But my days of being a dolly bird are over. It was normal for me to play a sort of gangster-type role."

Comparing Trudy to her former soap role as Sam Mitchell, the star added: "It was very different to EastEnders. The cast was much smaller.''

Fans can see Westbrook make her debut as Trudy in this evening's Hollyoaks on Channel 4 at 6.30pm.

tammyy2j
18-02-2013, 22:49
Poor Claire Cooper having to work with her

tammyy2j
21-02-2013, 16:08
This is the moment Jacqui McQueen realises she has been set up by scheming ex-con pal Trudy for stealing mobile phones.

Jacqui and her cousin Theresa accept a cleaning job with Trudy - played by Danniella Westbrook - but things soon turn sour.

Trudy accuses them of stealing the phones from their workplace and even produces the stolen goods, below.

She then calls the police but has a change of heart, leaving Jacqui under no illusion she is now in her debt.

So when Trudy takes a shine to local businessman Tony Hutchinson, she has no choice but to help her get what she wants.

A Hollyoaks insider said: "Trudy wants Jacqui in her pocket."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/2 ... -up-Jacqui

Perdita
28-03-2013, 10:27
Daniella Westbrooke has revealed that returning to soapland for her part in Hollyoaks made her miss EastEnders.

The actress, who is best known for playing Walford's Sam Mitchell on and off since 1990, has filmed her final Hollyoaks scenes as ex-convict Trudy.

Speaking to Soaplife, Westbrook said: "I still talk to Steve McFadden, Jake Wood and Rita Simons... quite a few people actually.

"Working at Hollyoaks has made me miss EastEnders a little bit. I feel at home there."

Westbrook also admitted that she would love to return to EastEnders, but doesn't feel the time is right for Sam to come back at the moment.

"I would [return] yes, but at the moment I don't feel there's a space for Sam. Saying that, I'd move up to Liverpool in a heartbeat if they decided to make Trudy full-time at Hollyoaks."

lizann
29-03-2013, 20:23
she looks awful

tammyy2j
02-04-2015, 22:29
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/434230/Danniella-Westbrook-invited-Hollyoaks-soap-return

DANNIELLA Westbrook is making a move back to soap land after a year from hell.

The actress has been invited to reprise her role as Trudy on Hollyoaks two years after she left the Channel 4 show.

Danniella played ex-jailbird Trudy on the teen soap for two months in 2013, being written out after her character was arrested for human trafficking.

But the 41-year-old has confirmed that she is picking up where she left off.

She tweeted: "I'm happy to confirm I will be returning to @Hollyoaks very soon. Blessed 2 b back with an amazing team cast and crew #ShesBack."

Perdita
22-06-2015, 21:03
Danniella Westbrook will not be returning to Hollyoaks as schemer Trudy Ryan after all.

It was announced in April that the actress would come back to the soap for a "big autumn storyline".
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/08/618x535/trudy.jpg
Danniella Westbrook as Trudy Ryan in Hollyoaks
© Lime Pictures

Westbrook's manager has now told The Mirror that her participation has been called off because filming locations are apparently near where her former partner Tom Richards holds cagefighting training.

"Danniella decided not to go ahead with her time at Hollyoaks down to her ex and the fact that he has a training camp next door to where she was staying," her manager said.

"Danniella did not feel she would be safe in Liverpool."

A spokesperson for Hollyoaks added: "We can confirm that Danniella will not be filming for Hollyoaks."

Richards has since denied that he would be present in Liverpool, tweeting: "For the record I Will NOT be moving to Liverpool for my training I am signed with @CageRageDave and @UCMMA here in London."

Westbrook made headlines late last year for revealing that she was living in sheltered housing, in what she called the "worst point of [her] life".

She is well-known for previously playing Sam Mitchell in EastEnders.