PDA

View Full Version : Dancing On Ice 2013 ** with spoilers**

Perdita
13-12-2012, 20:54
Dancing on Ice series eight will commence on January 6, 2013.

ITV announced the return date over Twitter, one week after revealing that the show's lineup of professional skaters has been overhauled.

"It's back! Dancing on Ice returns 6.15pm Sunday 6 January on ITV1," the network wrote.

Frankie Poultney, Nina Ulanova, Matt Gonzalez, Brooke Castile, Jodeyne Higgins, Sean Rice, Lukasz Rozycki and Alexandra Schauman will not be returning for the upcoming series, meaning many of the celebrity contestants will have new skating partners.

Next year's lineup is rumoured to include Pamela Anderson, Anthea Turner, Coronation Street's Samia Ghadie, former EastEnders actor Matt Lapinskas, gymnast Beth Tweddle, The Only Way is Essex star Lauren Goodger, rugby player Gareth Thomas, singer Dionne Bromfield and comic Joe Pasquale.

Five of the new professional skaters have been named as Robin Johnstone, Jenna Harrison, Andy Buchanan, Olga Sharutenko and Michael Zenezini.

Jason Gardiner will return as a judge to replace last year's panellist Louis Spence, while Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley will continue to host the programme throughout the next series.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a445073/dancing-on-ice-return-date-confirmed.html#ixzz2Ey2srcLv

Chloe O'brien
14-12-2012, 12:27
I preferred it with 5 judges instead of three. They have axed 8 professional skaters but only bringing in 5 new ones. Does that mean less celebrities or returning professionals from previous series.

Perdita
18-12-2012, 17:47
The lineup for Dancing on Ice 2013 has been revealed.

Former Baywatch actress Pamela Anderson, Olympians Beth Tweddle and Luke Campbell, X Factor series two winner Shayne Ward and ex-EastEnders actor Matt Lapinskas will be among those taking to the ice when the show returns in the New Year.

Coronation Street actress Samia Ghadie, TV presenters Keith Chegwin and Anthea Turner and comedian Joe Pasquale will also take part, along with politician Oona King - now known as Baroness King of Bow following her nomination to the House of Lords - Welsh international rugby player Gareth Thomas and The Only Way Is Essex cast member Lauren Goodger.

Chegwin was due to take part in the show last year, but had to pull out after suffering an injury.

Dancing on Ice will also welcome back judge Jason Gardiner to the panel, after a year's break from the show.

The full Dancing on Ice lineup - including professional skating partners - is as follows:
Pamela Anderson & Matt Evers
Anthea Turner & Andrew Buchanan
Samia Ghadie & Sylvain Longchambon
Beth Tweddle & Dan Whiston
Lauren Goodger & Michael Zenezini
Baroness King of Bow & Mark Henretty
Matt Kapinskas & Brianne Delcourt
Shayne Ward & Maria Filippov
Joe Pasquale & Vicky Ogden
Luke Campbell & Jenna Harrison
Keith Chegwin & Olga Sharutenko
Gareth Thomas & Robin Johnstone
Dancing on Ice - hosted by Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley - returns on Sunday, January 6, 2013 on ITV1.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a445828/dancing-on-ice-2013-lineup-pamela-anderson-anthea-turner-more.html#ixzz2FQWamign

alan45
18-12-2012, 19:05
Dancing on Ice
Episode: 2
Sunday, 13 January 2013, 6:15PM - 7:45PM
Entertainment & Comedy

Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley are back to usher in the New Year with the new series of Dancing on Ice 2013. Over 10 weeks, a collection of celebrities will battle it out for your votes and the chance to be crowned Dancing on Ice Champion 2013.

Ice legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean return as mentors to put our celebrity skaters through their paces, and with standards higher than ever they face their toughest challenge yet. With spectacular routines, exciting challenges and plenty of twists and turns, expect the unexpected on the brand new series of Dancing on Ice.

Taking part are: Baywatch actress Pamela Anderson, former TOWIE star Lauren Goodger, X Factor winner Shayne Ward, former EastEnders’ actor Matt Lapinskas, TV presenter Anthea Turner, Labour peer Oona King, Olympic boxing gold medallist Luke Campbell, TV personality Keith Chegwin, Olympic gymnast Beth Tweddle, Comedian Joe Pasquale, Coronation Street actress Samia Ghadie, and former Welsh International rugby player Gareth Thomas.

With standards higher than ever the celebrities face their toughest challenge yet. Who makes it through is up to you as the phone lines will open at the end of the show and you will be able to vote for your favourite.

THE SKATE OFF: 8.30 - 9pm

It’s results time. Find out which two couples will battle it out in the skate off. No one wants to go, but for one couple their Dancing on Ice journey as they leave the ice for good.

alan45
18-12-2012, 19:06
Dancing on Ice
Episode: 2
Sunday, 13 January 2013, 6:15PM - 7:45PM
Entertainment & Comedy

Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley are back to usher in the New Year with the new series of Dancing on Ice 2013. Over 10 weeks, a collection of celebrities will battle it out for your votes and the chance to be crowned Dancing on Ice Champion 2013.

Ice legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean return as mentors to put our celebrity skaters through their paces, and with standards higher than ever they face their toughest challenge yet. With spectacular routines, exciting challenges and plenty of twists and turns, expect the unexpected on the brand new series of Dancing on Ice.

Taking part are: Baywatch actress Pamela Anderson, former TOWIE star Lauren Goodger, X Factor winner Shayne Ward, former EastEnders’ actor Matt Lapinskas, TV presenter Anthea Turner, Labour peer Oona King, Olympic boxing gold medallist Luke Campbell, TV personality Keith Chegwin, Olympic gymnast Beth Tweddle, Comedian Joe Pasquale, Coronation Street actress Samia Ghadie, and former Welsh International rugby player Gareth Thomas.

With standards higher than ever the celebrities face their toughest challenge yet. Who makes it through is up to you as the phone lines will open at the end of the show and you will be able to vote for your favourite.

THE SKATE OFF: 8.30 - 9pm

It’s results time. Find out which two couples will battle it out in the skate off. No one wants to go, but for one couple their Dancing on Ice journey as they leave the ice for good.

lizann
18-12-2012, 22:06
i liked louie spence so camp but funny

lizann
05-01-2013, 14:49
seems scandal already has hit the show as samia has taken up with her skate partner who was dating your one mercedes from hollyoaks

Perdita
06-01-2013, 21:13
Pamela Anderson has become the first contestant to leave Dancing on Ice.

The former Baywatch star was left in the bottom two with TV presenter Keith Chegwin after the judges' scores were combined with the viewers' vote.

The celebrities' fate was then solely in the hands of show judges Jason Gardiner, Karen Barber, Ashley Roberts and Robin Cousins.

All four voted to save Chegwin over Anderson, after the 45-year-old made mistakes and stumbled throughout her skate-off routine.

After being eliminated, Anderson apologised to her professional skating partner Matt Evers, adding that she believed her nerves and wardrobe let her down, as her dress nearly fell off.

Presenter Philip Schofield, who co-hosts the reality show with Christine Bleakley, described the opening episode to the series as "shocking".

Half of the celebrity contestants performed tonight, with remaining skaters Luke Campbell, Lauren Goodger, Joe Pasquale, Gareth Thomas and Anthea Turner taking to the ice for the first time next Sunday (January 13).

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a448866/pamela-anderson-first-to-leave-dancing-on-ice.html#ixzz2HESTSrJf

Perdita
09-01-2013, 11:45
Dancing on Ice's Samia Ghadie has admitted she would rather film 365 continuous days of live Coronation Street episodes than continue on the reality show.

The soap actress, who plays Weatherfield's Maria Connor, signed up for the reality show in December and received respectable marks for her first skate last Sunday.

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/i2.cdnds.net/13/01/618x468/realitytv-doi-0601-4.jpg
© Matt Frost/ITV/Rex Features

The star told TV Times: "This is far worse than live Corrie. I'd rather do live Corrie every day for a year than this as at least I know what I'm doing there; this is completely alien to me."

The 30-year-old also revealed that she was sent to hospital for concussion after falling in training, meaning that she missed an afternoon of Coronation Street filming.

"I had an operation on my wrist in August and wear a wristguard, so I was conscious not to fall on it," Ghadie recalled. "And because of that I didn't put my hands out, and fell straight on the back of my head on the ice.

"Within 10 minutes I got back on the ice, but later that day, whilst filming Corrie, I was still feeling a bit weird so they sent me to hospital."

Teasing her future outfits, Ghadie added: "I never thought I'd say this, but less is more. It's the only time I'll get to wear costumes like this in my career. I certainly won't wear anything like this on Corrie."

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i4.cdnds.net/13/02/618x450/samia-ghadie-sylvain-dancing-on-ice-together.jpg
© Rex Features

Ghadie has this week denied intense speculation that she is dating skating partner Sylvain Longchambon, after his ex-girlfriend Jennifer Metcalfe recently claimed Longchambon's feelings for Ghadie brought about their split over Christmas.

Dancing on Ice continues this Sunday (January 13) at 6.15pm on ITV1. However, Ghadie will not be performing again until the following week (January 20).

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a449527/samia-ghadie-dancing-on-ice-worse-than-live-corrie.html#ixzz2ptutWkzO
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

tammyy2j
09-01-2013, 12:53
Dancing on Ice's Samia Ghadie has admitted she would rather film 365 continuous days of live Coronation Street episodes than continue on the reality show.

Then why sign up to do it, cant she leave it so now?

megan999
09-01-2013, 16:16
The guy from EastEnders is good, but I find his cocky attitude off-putting. I felt sorry for Pamela.

tammyy2j
09-01-2013, 16:46
The guy from EastEnders is good, but I find his cocky attitude off-putting. I felt sorry for Pamela.

Pamela still gets a heffy pay packet even though she was off first

Perdita
14-01-2013, 06:57
Former The Only Way is Essex star Lauren Goodger has left Dancing on Ice.

The 25-year-old TV star exited the show after receiving the fewest public votes alongside presenter Anthea Turner.

Goodger, who performed to 'Rescue Me' for her 'Save Me Skate' routine and who was partnered with professional skater Michael Zenezini, said beforehand that she was "so sad" to be one of the contestants in the bottom two, and that she had given the show "her all".

The show's judges, who had sole control over who left the competition, unanimously voted to save Turner and send Goodger home.

Karen Barber said: "First of all congratulations to both. You did your best, but tonight I am going to save Anthea," with Jason Gardiner adding: "Well one of you was elegant and beautiful was committed. The other one - the only way is through the back door."

After being told the news that she was to leave the competition, Goodger said she was "gutted, but okay", continuing to say that the experience of being on the show was "great".

Asked by presenter Phillip Schofield whether she would be continuing to ice skate, she said "I dunno about that."

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (January 20) on ITV1.

megan999
14-01-2013, 14:47
I'm glad that the judges saved Anthea. I thought she was quite graceful.

Perdita
15-01-2013, 17:46
The pairings for this week's Dancing on Ice duels have been revealed.

Professional skater Dan Whiston, who is partnered with Beth Tweddle, confirmed to Digital Spy today (January 15) that the battles have been decided by the leaderboard from the past two weeks, with each contestant facing their equivalent from the show they sat out of.

The duels are as follows:

Matt Lapinskas and Brianne Delcourt vs Gareth Thomas and Robin Johnstone
Beth Tweddle and Dan Whiston vs Oona King and Mark Hanretty
Samia Ghadie and Sylvain Longchambon vs Luke Campbell and Jenna Smith
Anthea Turner and Andrew Buchanan vs Shayne Ward and Maria Filippov
Keith Chegwin and Olga Sharutenko vs Joe Pasquale and Vicky Ogden

Each duel will see the two contestants and their partners take to the ice together and skate a routine to the same music.

One celebrity in each duel will be granted immunity by the panel of Robin Cousins, Jason Gardiner, Ashley Roberts and Karen Barber, leaving the five losers to face the public vote.

The bottom two will then perform 'save me' skates as per usual, before the judges' vote sends one of them home.

Speaking of his and Tweddle's duel opponent King, Whiston told DS: "She's really improved a lot so hopefully it'll be a good competition and we'll see what she's got to bring."

Dancing on Ice continues Sunday (January 20) at 6.15pm on ITV.

megan999
16-01-2013, 16:55
The pairings for this week's Dancing on Ice duels have been revealed
I'm looking forward to this! :thumbsup:It was very interesting last year :)

Chloe O'brien
19-01-2013, 21:31
I think I'll give up on this years. I only like Joe Pascale and he won't last long. I only usually watch it for the professional skaters. One of my favourites Matt Evers went out the first week and my other is Andre Lipanov isn't even in it this year.

Katy
20-01-2013, 09:08
Ive not watched any of it this year.

It just doesn't appeal any more.

Katy
20-01-2013, 09:08

Perdita
21-01-2013, 08:14
Oona King has become the third celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The politician faced rugby star Gareth Thomas in the Save Me Skate, which was one of the most dramatic in the reality show's history after King's partner suffered a severe injury live on air.

After discovering they had to perform again, 45-year-old Baroness King and professional partner Mark Henretty were skating out onto the ice when Henretty fell.

He appeared to clutch his arm in pain and had to be sent away to receive medical attention.

It was revealed by presenter Phillip Schofield that Henretty had suffered a dislocated shoulder live on air, and the performance was suddenly in doubt.

However, after having the joint popped back in, Labour politician King and Henretty performed their skate to 'Just the Two of Us'.

Henretty said of the accident: "It popped out, but they popped it back in. I'm fine, I'm good. it's back in now."

Judges Robin Cousins, Karen Barber and Jason Gardiner all chose to save Thomas after their 'Save Me Skate' performances, while ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts chose King to stay in the competition.

After discovering she was to leave, King said: "I loved learning how to skate. i just adored it. I think more people in Britain should do it."

She added: "I loved skating with Mark. He's amazing. I feel really devastated for him because I'd like people to see his skating more."

Meanwhile, Henretty said that King had been "a pleasure" to skate with. He also revealed that his partner Cathy is expecting their baby any day and was watching from home.

He said of his accident: "Sorry about the stress. That might have sent her into labour!"

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (January 27) on ITV.

megan999
04-02-2013, 14:42
I'm sorry that Shayne was sent home. He was quite good. Joe Pasquale should have gone, but he is very popular. I was also surprised that Matt was in the skate off. He is supposed to be a favourite to win :searchme:

tammyy2j
04-02-2013, 14:44
Shayne Ward has left Dancing on Ice.

The 28-year-old singer, who won The X Factor in 2005, received the lowest number of votes from the public alongside EastEnders actor Matt Lapinskas. Both had to perform again for the chance to be saved from elimination.

Before performing again in the 'Save Me Skate', Ward said: "I got my best mark tonight, but I'm devastated to be in the bottom two."

After skating to The Temper Trap's hit 'Sweet Disposition', Ward and partner Maria Filippov were eliminated from the competition by judges Robin Cousins, Karen Barber and Ashley Roberts.

Only Jason Gardiner voted to save Ward, after Lapinskas stumbled and fell during his performance, citing that in his opinion, the 'Save Me Skate' had to be "performed perfectly".

Lapinskas was visibly upset after the mistake during his routine, breaking down in tears when asked by presenter Phillip Schofield how he believed his performance went.

After discovering that he would be leaving the competition, Shayne was also seen with tears in his eyes.

Perdita
10-02-2013, 08:07
Flagship ITV show in trouble despite splashing out on stars

Dancing on Ice is on the skids after being trumped last week… by Countryfile.

Insiders say ITV bosses are *considering *dropping the flagship show because the latest series has had some of the poorest viewing figures since it began in 2006.

The Sunday Mirror can reveal DoI has lost half of its viewers since the first series when 13 million tuned in to see Gaynor Faye triumph.

An ITV spokesman insisted *yesterday they were “planning” for the show to return again in 2014.”

But a TV source said: “There’s been a lot of chatter on set that there will not be a ninth series. The *powers that be are unimpressed with viewing figures, *especially considering how much it costs to produce... they don’t know what to do.”

Problems with the show, hosted by *Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley, *surfaced last year when ratings hit an all-time low of*6.4 *million viewers.

But, rather than *pulling the plug, bosses decided to plough in vast sums of cash in a bid to turn the show around.

They brought back Jason Gardiner as a judge after he quit the previous year and forked out a *record-breaking £150,000 for Pamela Anderson.

But the former Baywatch star was kicked off in the first episode, *meaning she was paid £1,000 a second for her time on the ice. Last Sunday’s spectacular was watched by 6.73 million and was beaten in the ratings by BBC One’s Countryfile. The DoI *results show fell even further, *attracting a poor 5.4 million.

DoI’s position was weakened when it ditched its *previously lucrative UK and *Ireland tour. This was blamed on the recession but many believe it was due to a slump in popularity.

The source said: “The format was a gamble but it turned into a success story. The first final with 13 million viewers was an *incredible *achievement and ended up being the third-highest rated show of 2006.

“Those kinds of figures were *maintained for the next few years and DoI became one of ITV’s flagship programmes.

“Even when viewing figures *started to slip a little bit, there was no sense of panic but last year was a cause for concern. The first show launched with a *respectable 8.4 million, but lost two* million *viewers halfway through the *series.

“To be fair to ITV, they refused to be *defeated and ploughed a huge amount of *money into thisyear’s show.

“They got rid of Louie Spence from the panel and brought back Jason, who has *definitely added spice.

“Then they paid their highest-ever celebrity fee to bring in Pamela, but that was an absolute disaster.

“They even had a celebrity *romance between Samia Ghadie and Sylvain Longchambon, which usually boosts ratings, but that had no effect.

“It will be a big decision for ITV, because 6.7 million viewers is not to be sniffed at in this day and age.

“But the Sunday-night slot is as primetime as it gets and they’d be expecting more people to tune in.

“A show like Downton Abbey was consistently topping 10 million *viewers and the X Factor results show does the same.

“Getting beaten by Countryfile is not good news and will have been a bit of a wake-up call at ITV.”

Karen Barber's rinkside seat
It’s love week and we’ve tried our best to bring the romance to the ice – but for Joe Pasquale, it’s just never going to happen.

When I look at him he makes me laugh. He has a naturally funny face.

One celebrity who has had a big breakthrough is Gareth Thomas.

In the past, he’s found it difficult to show emotion. But this week his number is slow, romantic, and it’s clear he cares about skate partner Robin Johnstone. In training, Beth Tweddle had a fall and practically bounced off the ice. It shook her up, but she’s tough. And I’m worried about Matt Lapinskas – he’s had three days of sickness.

In my opinion, neither he or Shayne Ward should have been in the skate-off. It’s important people vote for talent at this stage.

No one is safe. I’ve learnt to expect the unexpected...

Katy
10-02-2013, 09:27
Oh dear, beaten by country file!!! That's not good news.

megan999
05-03-2013, 17:12
Poor Gareth, going out like that. I don't think ITV should have been allowed to tell the public to vote, given the situation. Oh well, Matt to win, I guess.

megan999
11-03-2013, 13:18
Congratulations to Beth and Dan :)

Tuareet
11-03-2013, 13:54
Yes the best couple won in my opinion, despite what that awful Jason Gardiner thought!

tammyy2j
11-03-2013, 14:50
None of the final three were very likeable imo

Katy
11-03-2013, 15:57
Finally it's over!! What a awful series, everything about it was tacky this year from the set to the judges to the contestants

Perdita
11-03-2013, 16:07
Dancing on Ice commentator Tony Gubba has died at the age of 69.

He was born in Manchester and also commentated on sports throughout his career, making regular appearances on Match of the Day and Grandstand.

A statement on his official website from representatives NMP Live read: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm the passing of Tony Gubba aged 69, following a short illness. Our thoughts are with his family."

Gubba appeared on all eight series of Dancing on Ice from 2006 to the most recent run in 2013, but took sick leave some weeks ago.

Last year marked Gubba's 40th season as a football commentator. He took over from Barry Davies to become the third-longest serving football commentator of all time on British TV, following John Motson and Gerald Sinstadt.

He first worked as a local newspaper reporter in Lancashire before joining The Daily Mirror. He also worked for the BBC, covering the Olympic Games in 1972 and every World Cup tournament from 1974 to 2006.

Dancing on Ice co-host Phillip Schofield wrote on Twitter: "It's with the saddest of hearts that I tweet the news that our dear friend Tony Gubba has passed away.

"We were all aware how poorly he was but this is very sudden and is a dreadful to everyone who knew & loved him."

He added: "A genuinely delightful, kind, dedicated & talented man... All my love and condolences to his family.

"I'm so glad I had the privilege of working with him & getting to know him. All of us at Dancing on Ice will miss him terribly. RIP Tony x"

megan999
12-03-2013, 16:31
He was a better commentator than the man they got to replace him. RIP Tony Gubba