PDA

View Full Version : Ayesha Rana

Perdita
16-11-2012, 09:39
Shivani Ghai has joined the cast of EastEnders.
http://1.1.1.3/bmi/i2.cdnds.net/12/46/M/soaps_eastenders_shivani_ghai.jpg

The English-Indian actress will play the role of Ayesha Rana, a Muslim girl who has moved to Walford for her arranged marriage.

Ayesha will reportedly move in with her family friend Zainab Masood (Nina Wadia) in order to prepare for the wedding.

However, Ayesha's arrival in December will be a shock to the system, as she is used to grander surroundings.

A source told The Sun: "Ayesha will be completely out of her comfort zone in Albert Square, she comes from a much more sheltered place."

Ghai added: "I am so excited."

The actress has previously had roles in The Bill, My Hero, Doctors and Spooks among others, while more recently she starred in the movie Cleanskin opposite Sean Bean and Charlotte Rampling.

Perdita
17-12-2012, 05:59
EastEnders newcomer Ayesha Rana makes her debut this evening (December 17) as she turns up to see the Masoods.

Ayesha (Shivani Ghai) is in Walford to stay with the family while she gets to know her suitor in London. However, when Zainab spots her at the café, she fails to realise who the new arrival is and rebukes her for queue-jumping.

Later, Zainab (Nina Wadia) is having a facial at home when Ayesha knocks on the door. As Tamwar invites her inside, a surprised Zainab is left embarrassed over the earlier row - as well as the fact that she's not exactly prepared for visitors!

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i2.cdnds.net/12/49/618x412/soaps-eastenders-4549-7.jpg
© BBC

Once Zainab has made herself more presentable, she frantically tries to ensure that Ayesha feels welcome. Can they all recover from the shaky start?

EastEnders airs tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a445516/potd-eastenders-debut-for-ayesha-rana.html#ixzz2FHnjfIEq

amazinggrace
02-01-2013, 12:42
What were the sweets Ayesha was eating last night. I'm a Geordie but couldn't understand what she said lol

JustJodi
02-01-2013, 15:42
So is this person going to be on EE for a while or was the New Years day episode the last we will see of her ??? The suitor was not a bad looking dude LOL

owenlee4me
05-01-2013, 20:07
This lady is a breath of fresh air to EE, i love her Geordie accent and for once, it's being portrayed acuratly, none of this "ma" rubbish in stead of "My", most geordies would say "Me" instead of "My", so to keep hearing actors doing a geordie accent so badly is infuriating, for once, a "geordie" is being true to herself, and not trying to "posh" up her accent!!
She is a very pretty girl and she is another welcome member to the Masood Household, well done Shivani, your very welcome!

deadlydave
06-01-2013, 10:10
should be a good story this one, will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the long run and how it will fit inside the Masood family dynamics....

owenlee4me
06-01-2013, 18:28
Wonder how Maz will handle her crush, as the rumours are saying is going to happen!!
hate to say it but they look good together, and just love hearing her talk:-)

tammyy2j
06-01-2013, 19:19
Mas will probably get with her as Zainab is leaving

owenlee4me
06-01-2013, 20:13
ah did not know that, pity I like Zainab too!

tammyy2j
07-01-2013, 18:45

Sorry if I spoiled it for you

I prefer is she was paired with a non muslin or even AJ instead of Mas

tammyy2j
07-01-2013, 18:45

Sorry if I spoiled it for you

I prefer is she was paired with a non muslin or even AJ instead of Mas

owenlee4me
08-01-2013, 14:15
NO worries, this site is about "finding things out" so no harm done,
Do you know any more detail bout her leaving, where when etc?

Yea that would be interesting pairing her with non muslin, but who???????

JustJodi
08-01-2013, 17:34
wait a min gang is Zaniab leaving the show ???? How did I miss this ?????

Perdita
08-01-2013, 18:08
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?135520-Zainab-Masood

lizann
09-01-2013, 20:02

michael, jack (him and sharon dont work as a couple) or bring in a new male character preferably someone easy on the peepers

lizann
09-01-2013, 20:02

michael, jack (him and sharon dont work as a couple) or bring in a new male character preferably someone easy on the peepers

tammyy2j
10-01-2013, 10:32
EastEnders newcomer Ayesha Rana will perform a naked strip tease for Masood Ahmed.

Ayesha, who has been in Walford since December, tries to seduce the married postman while wife Zainab is out of the house.

Only in Albert Square temporarily, Ayesha is residing at the Masood household in preparation for her arranged marriage.

A source told the Daily Star: "Ayesha is not the mildmannered, naive girl Zainab thinks she is.

"She's a sizzling seductress who knows exactly what men want and uses that to get her way. She's got Masood in her sights and she won't stop until she gets him."

Whether Zainab finds out remains to be seen, but the actress who plays her - Nina Wadia - recently announced her departure from the show after five years in the role.

The insider added: "Nina leaves in March so this is the start of her exit storyline and fans can expect a few more twists before she goes."

Shivani Ghai, who plays Ayesha, joined the BBC soap in November.

owenlee4me
10-01-2013, 16:11
There's not really any "dishy" available men (as you say easy on the peepers)
I can't see her with Michael to be honest, but i agree with you on Jack and Sharon, i reckon a nice new dish job.
i would love to see a love/hate relationship romance, you know the thing, they hate each other, but it ends up in true love!! ah theres the romance in me

Brucie
11-01-2013, 12:57
Ayesha Rana is one good looking woman. She's also clearly someone who looks after herself, given that at the age of 37 she can pull off playing a character that is supposed to be MUCH younger - in real life she's only 7 years younger than Nina Wadia - the actress who plays Zainab (her supposed mentor). Masood should fill his boots!

LostVoodoo
11-01-2013, 17:25
Whaaaa, she's 37?! I had to check on Wikipedia and that seems to be right. She looks 10 years younger than that!

tammyy2j
28-01-2013, 16:44
I wonder will she stay on living with Mas once Zainab leaves not keen on her with Mas to be honest

owenlee4me
28-01-2013, 18:16
:cheer:oh i don't know, maz has always had something bout him, and Ayesha has to be a better bet than what "jane" was:thumbsdow, and i can see a chemistry developing,:heart:
Zee does nag a bit!! (even thou i like her)
so maybe this pretty lady will show him what "passion" could be? and have some fun, you know the thing, man & woman having some sexy fun without being crude!!:wub:
Lets face it, nearly everyone else in enders has a dodgy relationship, even Alfie and Kat, Janine and Michael, Max and Tanya, what ever happened to a real happy couple who do love each other, no i reckon this could be a lovely relationship:cheer: