PDA

View Full Version : UK/Aus exciting news: returning characters!

Mirjam
04-11-2012, 20:56
posted on Channel 5 today: http://www.channel5.com/shows/neighbours/news/new-faces-and-big-name-returns-for-ramsay-street-in-2013

Perdita
04-11-2012, 21:53
In what will mark its 28th year on television, Neighbours is set to welcome back a plethora of its most popular characters, along with a brand new family, in what promises to be an eventful 2013.

Favourite biker babe Steph Scully (Carla Bonner) and Sarah Beaumont (Nicola Charles) both return to Ramsay Street, along with Detective Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor), who was believed to be killed in action. Lauren Turner (Kate Kendall, Stingers) daughter of Lou Carpenter (Tom Oliver) will return to her childhood home, accompanied by her husband, Erinsborough's newly appointed police sergeant Matt Turner (Josef Brown), and their teenage children Mason (Taylor Glockner), Amber (Jennsa Rosenow) and Bailey (Calen Mackenzie).

Rick Maier, Executive Producer of Drama and Production at Austrlia's Network Ten, says: 'Neighbours is always as its most compelling when fans are rewarded for their commitment. Next year's new stories and all-star cast just look and feel fantastic. Steph Scully back on Ramsay Street? Sarah Beaumont? And some people thought Erinsborough was such a quiet place to live...'

'We are thrilled that they are returning to Ramsay Street and equally excited to be introducing a new family with original ties to the neighbourhood.'

Kate Kendall, who's taking on the role of Lauren Turner, adds: 'It's exciting to be joining Australia's longest running drama and to be working with such an array of experienced actors. To be palying a character such as Lauren Turner, who is deeply embedded in the storyline and who of course is Lou Carpenter's daughter, is such a wonderful opportunity.'

Sarah Beaumont was a medical receptionist, who had an affair with married man Karl Kennedy in 1997. All of the details of their tryst were eventually brought to light when Sarah returned to Erinsborough in 2005.

It all seemed to come undone for Steph after falling pregnant to best friend Libby's husband Dan, then pretending the baby was Toadie's and finally getting married to cover up the infidelity! With Paul Robinson finally outing the shocking truth, Steph's friendship with Libby was destroyed and, in turn, a fatal decision saw her tragically hit Ringo while riding her motorbike. Steph was charged with manslaughter and reckless driving, and was given a six-year jail sentence, which she's currently serving in a low security facility in Bendigo.

Our hearts melted when Kate Ramsay and Mark Brennan finally got together. They were the perfect couple, so it seemed, and the residents of Ramsay Street relished seeing them both find happiness. It didn't last long, though. After Brennan blew the whistle on a corrupt colleague, he was forced to go into witness protection and, when Kate didn't make it in time to flee with him, their relationship came to a sudden end. Kate was left to grieve months later when Toadie discovered Brennan was supposedly killed whilst in hiding.

Perdita
05-11-2012, 16:24
Neighbours returnee Carla Bonner has admitted that she didn't hesitate when show bosses invited her to return as Steph Scully.

Yesterday (November 4), it was announced that Steph will be heading back to Ramsay Street in 2013, with Bonner expected to start filming again from January.

Bonner left Neighbours in 2010 after 11 years playing the role. Steph's exit storyline saw her sent to prison after knocking down Ringo Brown on her motorbike while driving dangerously.

Bonner told TV Week of Steph's return: "We always knew when I left they would revisit her. When they contacted me and said it was time, there was no question of if I wanted to do it - of course I did!

"Steph's a bit damaged because she's been through a rough time being in prison and obviously she's lost custody of her son Charlie. It's really sad what's happened to her."

Bonner confirmed that Steph is returning to Erinsborough with a "score to settle" - likely to be with Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) after he sparked her downfall two years ago.

The actress also said that she would not rule out a reunion for Steph and old flame Lucas Fitzgerald (Scott Major).

She explained: "When she went inside, she left Lucas and clearly expressed to him she wanted him to move on. But I just don't know if she believes he has when she gets out. She may be looking for some comfort and familiarity."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Perdita
05-11-2012, 18:33
Neighbours newcomer Kate Kendall has promised that her on-screen family are heading to Ramsay Street with "secrets" and some "juicy storylines" on the way.

Yesterday (November 4), it was announced that the former Stingers actress is taking over the role of Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren Turner, who will be returning to Ramsay Street in 2013.

Lauren arrives back with her husband Matt (Josef Brown) and their teenage children Mason (Taylor Glockner), Amber (Jenna Rosenow) and Bailey (Calen MacKenzie).

Kendall told TV Week of the new family: "[Lauren and Mark are] a very tactile couple and a very strong family unit. There are also a lot of secrets they have in the family and we'll see those play out.

"The producers were looking to get quite a traditional family in there and hark back to some of those old traditions and family values.

"They're going to be a really charismatic family, but you'll also get some really juicy storylines and that's what the audience will relate to."

She continued: "Bailey's a brain and Amber's the typical teenage girl, and Mason's the smouldering rebellious one."

Lauren was last seen on Neighbours in 1994 with Sarah Vandenbergh playing the part.

LostVoodoo
05-11-2012, 19:36
Can't believe Sarah is coming back, it's been forever! Can't remember why she left in the end, and why would the character come back? From the pictures I'm sad that her infamous lipliner isn't coming back!

I have no idea who Lauren is, think she was before my time. Who was her mum if Lou is her dad?

LostVoodoo
05-11-2012, 19:36
Can't believe Sarah is coming back, it's been forever! Can't remember why she left in the end, and why would the character come back? From the pictures I'm sad that her infamous lipliner isn't coming back!

I have no idea who Lauren is, think she was before my time. Who was her mum if Lou is her dad?

tammyy2j
05-11-2012, 20:09
Steph should go and live with her mother Lyn far away

Lucas deserves better than her

tammyy2j
05-11-2012, 20:09
Why is Sarah returning?

Perdita
06-11-2012, 14:39
Following lots of reader questions about the new arrivals and returnees heading to Neighbours, we've been supplied with some extra information about the specifics.

The new Turner family, headed up by Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren, are new regular characters for the soap and will make their arrival on Australian screens in early February.

Nicola Charles is back as Sarah Beaumont for six weeks and her return scenes also air in early February in Australia.

Carla Bonner is back as Steph Scully for two months and reappears from March in the Australian airings, while Scott McGregor's shock comeback scenes as Mark Brennan air in April and he'll be back for a month.

The UK airings are expected to remain about a month behind Australia in 2013, so Channel 5 viewers should add on a month for all of the arrivals above.

Some reports have suggested that Sarah will be back on Ramsay Street with two children in tow, but this isn't strictly true. Sarah's dialogue will indeed make reference to the fact that she now has two children, but they don't appear on screen and remain in England where Sarah has been living.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

lizann
06-11-2012, 19:11
some pointless returns

Toadie
09-11-2012, 21:44
There is suggestions that if Sarah and Steph returns are proved to be popular. They may stay become regulars, so make you voices heard on the Neighbours soap boards such as Neighbours-Fans & PerfectBlend.net, where the soap Producers will read our comments for them to return.

N.Fan
10-11-2012, 15:10
some pointless returns

Apart from Steph.

Ruffed_lemur
12-11-2012, 16:49
Glad to hear of these returns. Particularly Steph and Brennan. :)

tammyy2j
12-11-2012, 19:20
Apart from Steph.

Apart from Brennan at least he is worth looking at

Steph is a useless character now who the writers completely ruined by putting her with Dan

tammyy2j
12-11-2012, 19:20
I would like to see Elle and Andrew's mother back

Perdita
15-11-2012, 05:32
Neighbours fans were shocked earlier this month as the show's bosses announced the upcoming return of Sarah Beaumont, who will be heading back to Ramsay Street for a guest stint in 2013.

Sarah is best remembered as the woman who rocked the Kennedys' marriage in the '90s, and viewers will be expecting her to stir things up in Erinsborough once again upon her return.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Nicola Charles, who plays Sarah, to hear some teasers about what's in store for her character this time around.

How does it feel to be back on Neighbours after so long away from the show?
"It feels like I never left. It's like being back in the womb almost. It's home."

What kind of a reaction have you seen from fans since your return was announced?
"The reaction from my fans and fans of the show has been overwhelming. I knew that Sarah was a popular character, but had no idea she would be received so well upon her return."

When did you first receive the call about returning?
"I received an email from the executive producer last year whilst in Los Angeles following an Inside Soap interview I had done, where I made it quite clear that a return was something I would be open to.

"Obviously the story had to be handled sensitively and carefully, so it took almost a year from that point before we began filming it."

Was returning to the show something you had to take time and think about, or were you keen on the idea straight away?
"When the magazine first posed the question I was stunned. I had never imagined a return would be possible. But my husband Mark had always felt that I should revisit Sarah and so I had pondered it for a while. The answer was always going to be yes."

How easy has it been to 'find' the character of Sarah again after so long?
"Finding Sarah was actually easier this time around. We have an amazing writing team, and I found the truth of the dialogue and interactions very real and therefore easier to interpret. Sarah is also a grown-up now, which has been much more fun."

Neighbours must have changed quite a bit since you were last part of the show. What would you say the main differences are?
"Neighbours has changed since I left, but not as much as you might think. It is a more well-oiled machine. But I was delighted to find many of the cast and crew I knew well still working on the show.

"There is a larger cast and crazier schedules, but somehow the geniuses in Production manage to make it all work!"

How long have you been filming for so far, and how long do you have left on set?
"I have been filming for five weeks and cannot speculate on how long I have left as that might be something of a spoiler for the viewers!"

Has Sarah changed much since we last saw her? Has being a mother changed her perhaps?
"Sarah has changed immeasurably. She is smarter, thinks faster, knows herself better and has a valid perspective on what happened. Being a mother seems to have been the making of her, and I can easily draw parallels from my own life for that."

We know you can't say too much, but can you give us any early hints on what might bring Sarah back to Ramsay Street?
"Well I will say this, contrary to what most fans believe it is not Karl that brings Sarah back. That being said, back she is!"

The Kennedys aren't together at the moment anyway, but is Sarah going to cause more drama between Karl and Susan?
"Sarah has much to catch up on with regard to Karl and Susan, and does so. Whether she intends to 'come between them' remains to be seen!"

Would you say Sarah is over Karl? Does she have a partner in England or is she single?
"Is Sarah over Karl? Gosh, that's an eternal question, isn't it? Are we really ever over our exes? Sarah is separated from her husband Peter Hannay and is therefore single."

Can we expect tension between Susan and Sarah, or do you think they can move on from their past problems?
"Yes. You can expect tension between Sarah and Susan. Of course!"

You've said in the past that there were always loose ends in the Sarah and Karl storyline. Do you think those are going to be tied up now?
"I do think that all the questions about what happened between Sarah and Karl in the past will be answered for the viewers. They certainly are in my mind. But our past remains with us wherever we are, and whoever we move on with. It's the fabric of who we are."

Sarah's storyline with the Kennedys was one of the most memorable of the '90s. Are you proud to have played a character who has gone down in Neighbours history?
"I am extraordinarily proud to have played Sarah. Urban soap myth would have people remember Sarah as a husband-stealing vamp. But she was never played or written that way, in fact the Karl kiss was something she fell into during a very hard time in her life.

"She never planned any of it, and I think her decision to marry another man and remove herself from Erinsborough as a way of dealing with her guilt was extremely brave."

Has it been enjoyable to work with Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne again?
"Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne have been so incredible to work with again. As Sarah is different, their reactions to her are also. It has become a triangle of adults, not a married couple and a young girl anymore. It's one man and two women. Forever linked by a marital indiscretion."

Which of the newer cast members have you particularly enjoyed getting to know?
"New to me - Stefan Dennis who plays Paul Robinson. Great guy. Nutcase. Fabulous actor. Very funny to be around. Sparky and edgy. I like his style!"

We know this is a guest stint for you, but would you be interested in a longer stint if you were asked?
"I will never be disinterested in playing Sarah and if the writing continues to be this good then, yes, I will always want to return and play her."

Neighbours fans are certainly excited about the returnees heading back to the Street. Do you think revisiting the past is a good thing for the show?
"I don't see it so much as revisiting the past but visiting people from the past now in 2012/2013. That's a different thing. People change. Their opinions change, as do their attractions. Nothing and no-one is ever the same as they were 14 years ago!"

lizann
15-11-2012, 20:30
karl is free and single now for sarah

Perdita
09-04-2013, 18:46
Carla Bonner has confirmed that her character Steph Scully is still holding a torch for ex-partner Lucas Fitzgerald when she arrives back in Erinsborough.

Steph makes her return on screen in Australia next week, taking over as the manager of Harold's after being released from jail.

Bonner told TV Week: "She's hopeful that Lucas has waited for her - there's a glimmer of hope. She's excited to see him and isn't sure what it will mean."

When Steph discovers that Lucas (Scott Major) is actually in a stable relationship with Vanessa Villante (Alin Sumarwata), she appears to genuinely accept his decision to move on.

However, as Steph later learns that Lucas has a baby son with Vanessa, she is visibly shaken by the news and it's clear that her feelings for him may still be strong.

"Steph is floored by the baby news - it was the last thing she expected. She realises now that Lucas is a totally different person to who he once was, and she's rocked to her core," Bonner continued.

Local police sergeant Matt Turner (Josef Brown) also shares scenes with Steph upon her return, questioning why she previously had a parole application turned down.

Bonner added: "She's not willing to reveal anything to anyone about her time in prison, but we know something happened in there. She just wants to get a new start in life, and part of that is forgetting about her time inside."

LostVoodoo
11-04-2013, 17:24
Quite looking forward to haing Steph back, lots has changed since she went!

Ruffed_lemur
11-04-2013, 19:16
Quite looking forward to haing Steph back, lots has changed since she went!

Yes, me too!

Perdita
18-04-2013, 17:03
Carla Bonner has revealed that she wouldn't rule out another return to the soap.

The actress recently filmed a two-month guest stint as Steph Scully, who is now back on screen in Australia after being released from jail.

Discussing her future plans, Bonner confirmed that she is open to the idea of more appearances - but only if show bosses can promise dramatic storylines for Steph.

She explained: "I would certainly consider it, however the story has to be heightened drama, not just a pop in to say hello. That's why I love this return storyline - it has everything!"

Steph's comeback sees her support ex-partner Lucas Fitzgerald (Scott Major) after he is diagnosed with testicular cancer. However, it's not long before she starts trying to stir up trouble for his new relationship with Vanessa Villante (Alin Sumarwata).

Asked whether there could be romance on the cards for Steph and Lucas, Bonner replied: "Let's just say there is a fine line between reality and fantasy for Steph."

Bonner originally left Neighbours in 2010 after 11 years playing Steph.

Reflecting on her time away from the show, she explained: "The first year I had off to spend time being a full-time mum, which was bliss. After that I travelled, did theatre, some short films and TV guest roles.

"I also wrote a book and worked closely with a friend who has created an incredible health protein bar allergen free, so I've done lots of different things."

Steph returns on screen in the UK in the week commencing Monday, May 13.

Perdita
01-05-2013, 22:24
Neighbours returnee Steph Scully will resort to underhand measures as she attempts to split up Lucas Fitzgerald and Vanessa Villante.

Steph strikes gold when she discovers a secret about her love rival's past and uses it to ensure that Lucas (Scott Major) calls off his plans to marry Vanessa (Alin Sumarwata).

Upcoming Neighbours episodes see Steph do some digging into Vanessa's background, as she is determined to reunite with Lucas herself. In doing so, she learns that Vanessa was once married to a guy named Alek Poccoli.

Realising that Lucas has no idea about this, Steph sneakily exposes the secret by setting up a fake Facebook profile as Alek and sending Lucas a message.

When Lucas finds out the truth, he can't believe that Vanessa (Alin Sumarwata) kept it a secret and declares that their own wedding is off.

Carla Bonner, who plays Steph, told TV Week: "Steph thinks Lucas calling it off is proof of their instability. If they were tight enough then none of this would actually matter or cause turbulence, but she's seen first-hand how this can derail them."

Steph is now back on screen in Australia and reappears on Channel 5 in the UK from Monday, May 13.

Her return storyline is expected to explore mental health issues as Steph's behaviour becomes increasingly erratic following her release from jail.

Perdita
04-05-2013, 07:06
Neighbours airs Steph Scully's return scenes on UK screens later this month as the popular character is released from jail.

Steph (Carla Bonner) has been behind bars for two and a half years, but finally gets her freedom when she is let out on parole.

Paul Robinson is the first to hear of Steph's release as his ex-wife Lyn reveals the news to him in a phone call.

The businessman is intrigued to hear that Steph is heading straight back to Erinsborough, as she is taking over as the manager of Harold's Store.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/18/618x783/soaps-neighbours-6621-2.jpg
© Channel 5
Steph is released from prison.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/18/618x1024/soaps-neighbours-6621-1.jpg
© Channel 5
Steph is heading back to Erinsborough.

Steph's unexpected arrival causes a stir among some of the Ramsay Street residents, but her ex-boyfriend Lucas Fitzgerald (Scott Major) is pleased to see her.

However, as Steph starts to spend time with Lucas, she discovers by chance that all is not well with her former flame.

When Steph realises that Lucas is hiding something from new partner Vanessa Villante, the mechanic is forced to admit that he has been diagnosed with testicular cancer but hasn't told anyone about it.

Steph is quick to offer her support to Lucas, but when she advises him to continue keeping Vanessa in the dark, it's clear that she may still be holding onto feelings for her ex…

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/18/618x425/soaps-neighbours-6624-1.jpg
© Channel 5
Lucas turns to Steph for support.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/18/618x446/soaps-neighbours-6624-2.jpg
© Channel 5
Steph is pleased that Lucas is confiding in her.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/18/618x443/soaps-neighbours-6624-3.jpg
© Channel 5
Does Steph have an ulterior motive?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, May 13 and Thursday, May 16 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Perdita
09-09-2014, 16:31
Jason Donovan has insisted that he would consider returning for Neighbours' 30th anniversary - but only if it was "a group effort".

The actor, who appeared in the Australian soap as Scott Robinson between 1986 and 1989, said on Loose Women that he may return if he were joined by former co-stars Kylie Minogue, Guy Pearce and Craig McLachlan.

"The thing about something like that is that it's got to be a group effort," he said. "It can't just be one or two. Possibly if Kylie and Guy and Craig [returned], there's a bunch of them."

He was then questioned on whether Minogue's recent tweet about buying overalls signals a return for her character, Charlene Mitchell.

"It's quite ambiguous. She might have just bought them," the actor said. "The problem is the publicity would overshadow any contribution you would make. I don't know at this stage.

"Funnily enough my dad has been in Neighbours on and off for a few years so he's making my contribution."

Minogue recently denied that she will return to Neighbours, although she added that she has fond memories of playing Charlene.

LostVoodoo
13-09-2014, 13:10
Well it's not going to happen because Kylie is never going to do it - she's even been offered just filming a tiny scene saying hello from anywhere in the world in the past and still said no.

Perdita
28-11-2014, 10:59
Nine more returning stars have been confirmed for Neighbours' upcoming anniversary.

Original cast member Paul Keane will return as Des Clarke to mark the soap's 30th anniversary, alongside Alin Sumarwata as Vanessa, and Scott Major as Lucas.
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/43/300x225/6532_vanessa-and-lucas-wedding-5.jpg
Alin Sumarwata
© Channel 5
Alin Sumarwata
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/35/300x225/soaps-neighbours-6707-1.jpg
Lucas succumbs to his gambling addiction once more.
© Channel 5
Scott Major

Gary Files will appear as Tom Ramsay for the special episodes, with Andrew Williams back to play Lou's son Guy Carpenter.

Anne Scott-Pendlebury will make a special return as Aunt Hilary, after last appearing in Erinsborough in 2005.

Fans can expect to see Melissa Bell back as Lucy Robinson, alongside Stephanie McIntosh as Sky Mangel, who last appeared in 2007.

Following a seven-and-a-half year absence, Nell Feeney will also return as Janelle Timmins.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/03/300x225/soaps-neighbours-melissa-bell-lucy-robinson.jpg
Melissa Bell as Lucy Robinson in Neighbours
© Channel 5
Melissa Bell
http://i1.cdnds.net/11/47/showbiz_stephanie_mcintosh.jpg
Stephanie Mcintosh
© Rex Features / Jim Smeal/BEI
Stephanie Mcintosh

The nine guest stars join already announced returnees Ian Smith and Anne Charleston, who will return as iconic couple Harold and Madge.

Meanwhile, it has also been announced that Delta Goodrem will star in three episodes as Nina Tucker.

Neighbours will air its 30th anniversary episodes in March next year, with the episodes currently being filmed.

TaintedLove
28-11-2014, 15:53
I`m so thrilled about Des Clarke returning. I liked Janelle and Sky too. I never was keen on Lucas and Vanessa though.
My hopes were dashed that Henry Ramsay and Clive Gibbons would return though. They were great characters.

TaintedLove
28-11-2014, 15:53
Double post

gillyH1981
15-01-2015, 20:48
Alan Fletcher has revealed that as well as the 11 returnees announced already announced, they are still more returnees to be announced for the 30th anniversary.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/420321/Neighbours-30th-anniversary-Alan-Fletcher

Perdita
28-02-2015, 05:16
Neighbours schemer Paul Robinson will be given a surprise when his cousin Hilary arrives in Erinsborough next month.

Hilary, played by Anne-Scott Pendlebury, was last seen in 2005 and is one of the many former characters returning as part of the show's 30th anniversary celebrations.

The story kicks off when the West Waratah Star newspaper releases an article that criticises Paul (Stefan Dennis) for cutting community services to fund the upcoming Erinsborough Festival.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/09/618x451/neighbours_wk11_ep7069-1.jpg
Hilary Robinson played by Anne-Scott Pendlebury.
© Channel 5
Hilary Robinson played by Anne-Scott Pendlebury.

After Paul orders Naomi to fix it, she gives him a few choice words - insisting that everyone knows he's only in it for himself and the power.

Privately hurt by Naomi's character assessment of him, Paul orchestrates a photoshoot and article with the journalist who published the original piece to prove that he is capable of using his powers for good.

Unbeknownst to Paul, though, his cost-cutting measures have also disgruntled a familiar face from the past - his cousin Hilary Robinson. When Hilary makes her presence known to Paul, his stunned reaction is caught on camera!
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/09/618x463/neighbours_wk11_ep7069-2_1.jpg
Anne-Scott Pendlebury with Stefan Dennis and Tim Phillips.
© Channel 5
Hilary is back with a plan

Furious that Hilary has embarrassed him in front of the media, Paul whisks her back to his penthouse. Annoyed by Paul's reaction, Hilary complains to Daniel that she is upset with how he has treated her but Paul is unrepentant, prompting Daniel to offer to take her home.

When Daniel has to leave for a work emergency, Paul offers to take Hilary home instead, but she stubbornly declines and Paul is forced to order room service to shut her up.

Hilary later makes herself comfortable, and in a brief moment of vulnerability, reveals how her relationship with her son deteriorated as a result of an argument with his wife.

The civility between the pair is short-lived when Hilary starts to become irritating again. Unable to take anymore, Paul is adamant that he must find a way to make her leave, but will he succeed?
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/09/618x421/neighbours_wk11_ep7069.jpg
Paul is not happy to see Hilary.
© Channel 5
Paul is not happy to see Hilary.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday March 11 and Thursday March 12 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.