PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor (UK) 2013

Perdita
02-11-2012, 13:37
X Factor bosses have denied claims that the show will come to an end in 2013.

The statement comes after Sinitta - a long-time friend of executive producer Simon Cowell - claimed that the show will end after its tenth series next year.

"I'm told next year is going to be the last. It'll have been ten years," she told Closer.

However, show sources responded to the comment, hinting that it could carry on for many years yet.

"There are no plans for it to end. It is one of the most successful shows in Britain," an insider is quoted as saying in The Sun.

The X Factor's three-year contract will come to an end in 2013, with negotiations for an extension expected to occur around Christmas.

Simon Cowell was recently reported to have axed this year's X Factor group single.

The X Factor continues with a number ones-themed show on Saturday (November 3) at 8.20pm on ITV1.

tammyy2j
01-02-2013, 13:58
Rylan is the favourite now to present/co-present Xtra Factor as Olly Murs is leaving

Perdita
06-02-2013, 09:40
Olly Murs has revealed that it is not "definite" that he will not return to the The Xtra Factor.

The singer recently said that it was "unlikely" that he will continue to host the spin-off show with Caroline Flack.

"I've never said it was definite that I wasn't going back, just that it was unlikely due to my music," he told The Sun.

"I've enjoyed The Xtra Factor, it's been a great part of my career."

However, he said that he would like to continue working with Flack on future projects.

"We've taken Xtra Factor back up to having millions of viewers, and Caroline and I have a lot of fans," Murs continued.

"It's been brilliant working with her, too. We have such a good relationship on screen. It's always fun and I'd love to do something else with her."

Murs added: "But music is where I want to focus at the moment – but you never know in this game.

"Simon Cowell has a very good way of persuading people to do things. I might yet be back on Xtra Factor."

An X Factor spokesperson recently told Digital Spy: "We'd love Olly to come back for this year's Xtra Factor and we hope we can make it work with his busy schedule."

Speaking to DS himself recently, Murs said that 2013 is "going to be all about music".

Perdita
18-02-2013, 08:15
Sharon Osbourne has fuelled rumours that she is rejoining The X Factor after meeting with Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh.

The original judges were spotted at the Arts Club in Mayfair, London, last night (February 15), following reports that Osbourne has been approached to make a comeback to the panel.

"The first three series relied solely on genuine British talent and a chemistry between the judges that simply hasn't been there since Sharon left," a source told The Sun.

"By series three, they had produced an international star with Leona Lewis and the show had real credibility.

"Now it's just a circus freak show with the ringmaster trying to pull the strings on the other side of the Atlantic."

Osbourne is thought to have been lined up by producers to replace Tulisa Contostavlos, who is reported to both be facing the axe and planning to quit the ITV show.

Cowell recently held crisis talks for The X Factor, discussing options including a back to basics reboot and Cheryl Cole returning.

He has previously ruled out returning to the UK panel full-time as he focuses on The X Factor USA, which airs on Fox.

Perdita
21-02-2013, 12:33
Robbie Williams is reportedly being courted by X Factor bosses to join the judging panel.

The 'Candy' singer is said to be ITV producers' number one choice for the 2013 lineup, alongside his Take That bandmate Gary Barlow, according to The Sun.

A source said: "This is the dream team. We have been looking at the show and thinking the unthinkable.

"Robbie is exactly the right person for the show - but we don't want to lose Gary to get him. We want them both. Robbie's people are saying he is too busy to do the show.

"But we worked around Gary when he first joined the panel and he was touring with Take That and it was fine. We know Robbie loves the show and he and Gary have a great friendship and rivalry - there will be fireworks for sure."

Williams's appointment may not mean that Louis Walsh is forced out, as he is said to be close to signing a £750,000 deal to return once again, and producers are reportedly happy to have three men on the panel.

The source added: "Louis's future is as up in the air as it has been in any other year - but if Robbie and Gary do sign it will not necessarily mean curtains for him.

"The producers are relaxed about the gender make-up of the panel. It is all about having big personalities."

The fourth judging spot is expected to be handed to Nicole Scherzinger, with Tulisa Contostavlos recently rumoured to be leaving the show.

Sharon Osbourne has also been linked with a return to the show in recent months.

lizann
21-02-2013, 21:31
it needs simon back

Perdita
23-02-2013, 17:56
Simon Cowell has admitted that he's asked David Bowie to join the X Factor panel.

The 53-year-old TV star said that the 'Heroes' singer has so far refused to accept a judging role, but the offer to join the show's line-up is still open.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Cowell described Bowie as a "legend" and hinted that he'd approached the singer-songwriter with the suggestion that he sign up as a mentor multiple times.

"It's no secret I've asked him, and he hasn't said yes yet, but I'll keep extending the invitation," he said.

"Why Bowie? He's a legend. He's a great songwriter, he has massive influence on music today and he's 100% credible.

"I'm a fan - not just of his music but of him, the man. He's cool. Most of us aren't. Bowie is."

The music mogul - who gave up his spot on the British judging panel to focus on the US version of the talent contest in 2011 - is rumoured to have axed Tulisa Contostavlos from the forthcoming UK series of The X Factor.

One of the music stars thought to be being lined up as a replacement is Take That singer Robbie Williams.

Cowell is also said to be keen to keep long-standing judge Louis Walsh on the panel and is reportedly willing to "fight tooth and nail" to ensure his return.

David Bowie recently teased the second single from his upcoming album The Next Day.

The music icon posted the artwork for 'The Stars (Are Out Tonight)' on Facebook last weekend. The image was accompanied by the message "02.26.13", suggesting that the track will be released next week.

Katy
24-02-2013, 21:19
It needs axeing!! It's completely lost its way,

tammyy2j
28-02-2013, 16:43
Tulisa Contostavlos has reportedly been informed that she will not be returning to The X Factor.

The former N-Dubz singer is said to have had a meeting with show producer Richard Holloway on Tuesday (February 26), where she was told of her axe, according to The Sun.

She has allegedly told friends that she is "gutted" over being dropped after two series on the ITV show, especially after winning her first year with Little Mix.

A source said: "To say Tulisa is gutted is an understatement. She's a bit embarrassed to be on the scrapheap when she delivered with Little Mix.

"She's thrown away one of the most high-profile jobs in the industry as well as one of the best paid.

"But she simply wasn't up to scratch last year and Simon Cowell had no real option."

However, an X Factor spokesman claimed that they were just "reviewing the year" at the meeting.

Tulisa was first reported to have been axed from The X Factor last month, but she soon dismissed the rumours on Twitter.

She was said to have been axed by Simon Cowell earlier this month, while he is also hoping to save Louis Walsh.

Mel B has been heavily rumoured to be replacing Tulisa on the judging panel. Nicole Scherzinger is thought to have been offered a new deal.

Robbie Williams has also been linked to a full-time position alongside his Take That bandmate Gary Barlow, who is said to have ended his feud with Simon Cowell in order to return for a third series.

lizann
28-02-2013, 22:22
if simon wants i'll join as a judge :p

Katy
01-03-2013, 13:44
Thats a shame. All that talent lost....not.

How she lasted this long ill never know

Katy
01-03-2013, 13:44
Thats a shame. All that talent lost....not.

How she lasted this long ill never know

Perdita
12-03-2013, 20:21
X Factor producers are reportedly deciding whether to use more classic songs in this year's live shows.

Research carried out by ITV executives is said to suggest that ratings may have dipped due to the finalists performing too many chart hits, reports The Sun.

ITV's surveys allegedly discovered that using modern songs did not attract older viewers.

Christopher Maloney's success on the show was also attributed to his use of mainly classic tunes.

A source explained: "The X Factor is a cool competition, but first and foremost it's a family entertainment show - it has to appeal to all ages.

"Including more songs from the 1970s and 1980s will help it stay connected with mums, dads and grandparents who don't know the latest chart sensation.

"Chris sang songs older viewers could sing along to. He got votes because people figured it would guarantee they heard something they knew each week."

During his run, Maloney performed several songs from over 20 years ago, including Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' and Heart's 'Alone'.

Simon Cowell is said to be launching a 'back-to-basics' revamp of The X Factor this year, including the return of intimate auditions.

Mel B and Sharon Osbourne are reportedly the frontrunners to replace Tulisa Contostavlos as a judge on the 2013 series.

LostVoodoo
13-03-2013, 15:49
Noooo, I really can't stand people doing the same boring songs year after year!

Perdita
18-03-2013, 06:51
X Factor bosses have reportedly axed the Newcastle auditions from this year's show.

The judges didn't visit Birmingham last year as producers thought the city provided "no memorable talent", but they apparently plan to reverse their decision after disappointing results in Newcastle.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x410/realitytv_x_factor_liverpool_auditions_1_1.jpg
© Rex Features / McPix Ltd
'X Factor' Liverpool auditions

"Last year's show saw 30,000 fewer wannabes audition than ever before," a source told the Daily Star Sunday.

"Obviously switching Newcastle for Birmingham was a mistake and they're desperate to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Former judge Cheryl Cole comes from Newcastle and won The X Factor a few years ago as a mentor with Geordie Joe McElderry.

"She has a special connection to Newcastle and its talent because of him and because of her roots there. She's not happy about it," the source added.

tammyy2j
25-03-2013, 13:40
Simon Cowell has said that he will be taking a more hands-on role on The X Factor this year, as he considers it to be his "baby".

Speaking to Hello! magazine, Cowell revealed that he would be making a return to the ITV show.

"I'm definitely getting more involved and will have a role in the next series... I'm not going to lie - I do miss doing it, because it's like my baby."

The pop music mogul, who quit the panel to work on his US version of the show, saw a slump in viewing figures for last series of the British version of the show: "It's been difficult the last two years not being on the show as I always had a great time and the last time that I did do it, it was such a brilliant year... So at some point of course I'm going to come back and do the show."

News of his return to the show comes after Cowell posted a number of messages on Twitter last week, regarding the upcoming series: "There will be a lot of changes on X factor uk and USA. But good changes. I feel excited for both shows this year."

tammyy2j
10-04-2013, 14:26
Simon Cowell has discussed the extent of the changes to be made to The X Factor this year.

The 53-year-old vowed to adapt the format of his ITV show after a decline in ratings over the last two series, with last year's final being the lowest-rated since 2005.

He told the Radio Times: "The format is ten years old and any format that has lasted that long, you have to change the format because the inevitable result is if you don't [the ratings] will go down.

"Every aspect of the show [will be changed] in some particular way. It will look like a slightly different show to one you have seen before.

"My job is to try and make the show better than it was two or three years ago."

The programme's creator also addressed claims that talent shows like The X Factor exploit contestants.

"It happens on every show you make," he explained.

"There is a moment where you feel uncomfortable, but then you look at things with perspective and the truth is, over the years, the show has benefited a lot of people's lives who wouldn't have had an opportunity."

Among this year's changes is the revival of a cappella auditions in front of only the judges - a format that was scrapped in 2009 in favour of a bigger production that saw contestants singing in front of a live audience.

Hopefuls will now experience a 'double audition', first singing in front of just the judges and then progressing to an auditorium performance if they are successful.

Cowell has also revealed that while he won't be returning as a full-time judge, he will make appearances at the live shows via satellite.

Perdita
21-05-2013, 13:30
Tulisa Contostavlos has confirmed that she won't be returning to The X Factor this year.

The former N-Dubz star, who joined the show in 2011, announced on Twitter that she is leaving after two series to "do something different" and teased that she will be making "a very exciting announcement soon".

"Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be part of the X Factor panel this year," she wrote. "I've had a great time on the show, but this year it's time to do something different.

"I'd like to thank everyone on The X Factor for two amazing years. Stay tuned as I have a very exciting announcement soon!"

Contostavlos has long been rumoured to be replaced by former judge Sharon Osbourne on the next edition of The X Factor.

The 60-year-old was reported earlier this month to have closed a deal estimated at between £1.5 million and £1.8 million to rejoin the panel.

Contostavlos enjoyed a successful first outing on the show in 2011 when her act Little Mix became the first band in X Factor's history to win the show.

However, last year she became the first judge to lose all of her group - the girls - and was generally thought to have been overshadowed by newcomer Nicole Scherzinger.

Louis Walsh confirmed this week that he and Gary Barlow will return to The X Factor for its 10th edition.

Scherzinger is said to still be weighing up whether to commit to the next series or concentrate more on her music career.

tammyy2j
22-05-2013, 14:56
Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh have been confirmed as this year's 'X Factor' judges.

ITV have finally ended speculation surrounding who will make up the panel on the 10th series of the show by revealing the 60-year-old star – who was a judge from 2004 to 2007 – will be back, and she can't wait to start her second stint on the programme.

She said: “I couldn’t be happier about coming back for the 10th anniversary of 'X Factor'. I can’t wait to give Gary Barlow a big hug, sit next to the gorgeous Nicole, and of course throw water on dear Louis. Yay!”

Show boss Simon Cowell said: "Three words I never thought I'd say …. Welcome back Sharon!"

Dermot O'Leary will also return to host the show, which will see wannabes having to tackle two sets of auditions in front of the judges for the first time ever.

At first they will require at least three yeses from the four panellists in an intimate audition room and then have to impress them all over again in an arena to prove they can perform in front of an audience.

There had been speculation Nicole – who mentored James Arthur to victory in last year's series – might not be back on the show due to her music commitments, but she has juggled her schedule around and is excited about returning to the panel.

She said: "I had so much fun and such a great experience on the show last year – it far exceeded all my expectations! I always give 110 per cent to all I do and I put everything else on hold to focus on 'X Factor' and supporting my Scherzy boys.

"This year, now that I’ve worked out doing my new music and the show together, I am so excited to get back to the UK, my second home, and get stuck into 'X Factor' 2013!”

Gary added: "It's great to be back for the 10-year anniversary of 'X Factor' and my third year with the show. This year is looking to be our best yet!

"To have a winner like James Arthur last year was a big game changer; I really hope that his authenticity and credibility will attract acts of a similar talent this series and I'm very excited about that.”

Louis will celebrate a record 10th year on the panel and he can't wait to team up with Sharon again.

He said: “I'm back with a vengeance! 10 years on and I'm just as thrilled to be involved in the best show on TV and even more delighted to be re-united with original judge Sharon Osbourne. Let the fun and games commence!”

The judges’ auditions will start on June 4th in Glasgow before visiting Birmingham, Manchester, London and Cardiff. This will be followed by the second stage of judges’ arena auditions in July.

tammyy2j
22-05-2013, 14:56

Brucie
22-05-2013, 15:01
Sharon Osborne is one of THE most annoying people ever to have appeared on TV. She has ZERO credibility as a judge on a show that supposedly promotes musical talent. Tulisa had her faults, but at least she looked good and was relatively young. Yet another reason for people to watch Strictly while the X Factor's on.

lizann
31-05-2013, 00:21
some comic is replacing olly as xtra factor host

Perdita
22-06-2013, 07:04
Sharon Osbourne is rumoured to have signed up for only one year of The X Factor.

The TV talent show judge returned to the panel this series after several years away, joining up with Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/23/618x400/uktv-x-factor-2013-glasgow-auditions-1.jpg
© Rex Features / Brian J Ritchie/Thames
Sharon Osbourne's first day back as X Factor judge

However, it has been reported by the Daily Mail that Osbourne only agreed to return for this 10th anniversary year.

A source said: "Sharon's life is in Los Angeles and she hasn't been prepared to give up her full-time job as a panellist on chat show The Talk for The X Factor.

"Her American network CBS agreed to let her balance both for the next few months, but there's an understanding it will only be for this year.

"She felt it was appropriate for her to return for the tenth anniversary and she needed the money, but long-term The X Factor isn't part of her plans."

The insider added: "She wants to go in this year, stir things up, cause a lot of trouble and swan off in a blaze of glory."

Simon Cowell recently said that Sharon Osbourne's return had made her fellow judges "happy".

Perdita
18-07-2013, 18:44
X Factor 2012 wildcard act Amy Mottram is among the contestants returning for the TV talent show's 10th series.

Mottram was rejected by Tulisa Contostavlos at Judges' Houses last year and lost out to Christopher Maloney in the public wildcard vote.
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/40/618x650/realitytv_x_factor_wildcards_daybreak_2.jpg
X Factor Wild Cards : Amy Mottram
© Rex Features / Ken McKay

However, the Essex singer is back for a second attempt at pop fame and appeared at this year's auditions singing 'I Know Where I've Been' by Queen Latifah.

2011 contestant Terry Winstanley, who also made Judges' Houses, has also returned. He sang Michael Bolton's 'When I'm Back On My Feet Again' for Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh.

It has also been reported on the Digital Spy forums that former contestant Melanie McCabe is back for a fourth attempt at reaching the Live Shows.

The X Factor series 10 starts on ITV later this year.

lizann
11-08-2013, 22:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB2QICuUcPs&feature=player_embedded

and this is the last year for louis walsh

lizann
11-08-2013, 22:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB2QICuUcPs&feature=player_embedded

and this is the last year for louis walsh

Perdita
17-08-2013, 07:00
The X Factor is being super-sized for its 10th series, airing on both Saturdays and Sundays throughout the run.

Simon Cowell's ever-popular reality series returns on Saturday, August 31. The show will also air the following night (September 1) as ITV's coverage will be expanded to cover the whole weekend this year to cater for an extra round of auditions.

The show has brought back 'closed' audition rooms for the first round of the competition, which haven't been seen on the show since series five.

However, successful acts will still have to impress the judges at a second round of arena auditions before they make it to Boot Camp.

This extra layer of auditions means that this year's series will be the show's biggest yet.

Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger, Louis Walsh and the returning Sharon Osbourne make up the judging panel for the show's 10th anniversary.

Perdita
21-08-2013, 16:46
Sat, 31 August, 8.00 - 9.00pm

The nation’s most talked about entertainment show is back for a momentous 10th series, with a number of changes celebrating the best of The X Factor including brand new double auditions and the welcome return of a familiar face – Mrs Sharon Osbourne to the judging panel.

Sharon joins Take That superstar Gary Barlow, US pop sensation Nicole Scherzinger and Svengali manager Louis Walsh in the search for the nation’s next big singing sensation and award-winning presenter Dermot O’Leary is back to front the show.

And in the first of an exciting range of new changes for the 10th series, hopefuls will - for the first time ever - have to tackle two sets of auditions. To win over the nation, they first have to face our four feisty judges eyeball to eyeball in an intimate audition room.

If they succeed in impressing one-on-one they then secure a spot on stage at the second audition where they will confront an audience of 4,000 at Wembley Arena. Here they will have to perform once more to prove they can also impress an audience before securing a coveted place at Boot camp.

With all this and more to come, viewers can expect an abundance of fun, laughter, tears, mischief and madness as the search for the nation’s next singing sensation gets underway.

Perdita
22-08-2013, 08:49
Gary Barlow is to exit The X Factor, Dermot O'Leary has revealed.

According to PA, the presenter said that the 42-year-old Take That star will "be leaving at the end of this year".

Speaking about the forthcoming series at the This Is Us premiere last night, O'Leary said: "If Simon comes back, the dynamic would be very different. Gary wouldn't be there - he'll be leaving at the end of this year.

"Simon is a great judge so we'd welcome him back, but Gary's been such a great head judge as well."

Asked if he would like to turn judge himself, O'Leary said: "Oh yeah man. I'd love to judge. I'd be so strict - I'd be nice and strict. I'd be so hardcore. I'd say it how it is."

Fellow judge Louis Walsh has revealed he will be leaving the show at the end of the 2013 series. The status of fellow judges Nicole Scherzinger and Sharon Osbourne has yet to be confirmed.

lizann
31-08-2013, 00:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5yA4y49XE&feature=player_embedded

more money for simon he must need it with a baby on the way

lizann
31-08-2013, 00:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5yA4y49XE&feature=player_embedded

more money for simon he must need it with a baby on the way

Katy
01-09-2013, 18:50
This show really needs axing. It used to be good but now its just sob stories every week.

tammyy2j
02-09-2013, 15:23
I don't like the two auditions part now

Perdita
07-09-2013, 08:44
A yodeller, a cat lover and some familiar faces are among this week's acts on The X Factor.

Week two is dominated by returning contestants, who include last year's wildcard reject Amy Mottram, Scottish favourite Jade Richards, regular auditionee Melanie McCabe and the Dolly Rockers.

Louis Walsh is left in tears by returning act McCabe, who he desperately wants to see succeed.

There are also some new faces who excite the panel including 16-year-old ball of energy Chloe O'Gorman, quirky songwriter Abi Alton and a hot young yodeller who gets Nicole Scherzinger shimmying around the audition room.

More amusing auditions come in the shape of a part-time DJ, who gives an interesting twist on Stevie Wonder, and a man who really, really loves his cat.

The X Factor airs tonight (September 7) at 8pm on ITV.

Perdita
13-09-2013, 09:32
Robbie Williams will reportedly team up with Sharon Osbourne on The X Factor this year.

Osbourne is said to have chosen the singer to join her at her Los Angeles home for Judges' Houses, which starts filming today (September 13), The Sun reports.

Williams has appeared as a Judges' Houses assistant in the past, but for his Take That bandmate Gary Barlow.

Ozzy Osbourne was rumoured to be Sharon's advisor this year, but he has apparently chosen not to appear.

Barlow recently revealed to Digital Spy that Robbie Williams would not be helping him decide who will be going through to the Live Shows.

Louis Walsh will be joined by Sinitta and Nicole Appleton for this year's Judges' Houses.

Robbie Williams has announced plans to release his second big band LP Swings Both Ways.

tammyy2j
13-09-2013, 16:09
Shane Filan from Westlife was with Louis Walsh

Perdita
14-09-2013, 20:56
Instead of the contestants crying, we have the judges in tears :p

megan999
29-09-2013, 13:24
Watched it last night and was annoyed to find they put the stage one process of boot camp on the Xtra Factor instead of showing it on the main show. I used to like watching the contestants doing sing-offs on the stage, but they cut that out of the main show. :angry:However I do enjoy the musical chairs part.

tammyy2j
29-09-2013, 20:53
The bands Gary has put through OMG brutal isn't the word and he comes from a boyband, I expected better from him

Perdita
03-10-2013, 15:19
Cher and Ellie Goulding have been confirmed for the first X Factor live results show.

The two singers will perform on the ITV series on Sunday, October 13, shortly before the first contestant is eliminated.
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/36/300x225/cher-press-shot-2013.jpg
Cher press shot 2013
Cher
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/37/300x225/showbiz-ellie-goulding.jpg
Ellie Goulding attends the PPQ show after party
© REX/Richard Chambury
Ellie Goulding

Cher releases her new album Closer to the Truth on October 14 in the UK, which features singles 'Woman's World' and Miley Cyrus cover 'I Hope You Find It'.

Goulding, meanwhile, recently scored her first number one single with 'Burn', which is taken from her repackaged second studio album Halcyon Days.

X Factor judge Gary Barlow famously called Cher's 'Believe' one of the "most annoying songs of all time" on last year's show.

Viewers will find out which acts make it to the live shows on this weekend's Judges' Houses episodes, which start on ITV this Saturday at 8pm.

Perdita
04-10-2013, 11:47
The first X Factor live show of the series will have an '80s theme, it has been confirmed.

All 12 finalists, mentored by Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger and Sharon Osbourne, will perform classic tracks from the decade that gave the pop world Madonna, Whitney Houston and Bon Jovi.

The live shows will also debut a new 'Flash Voting' twist, which is intended to shake up the elimination process.

The X Factor live shows start on Saturday, October 12 at 8pm on ITV. The first episode is a bumper two hours and 15 minutes.

BBC One's rival Saturday night series Strictly Come Dancing will overlap with The X Factor for 30 minutes.

The X Factor Final 12 acts will be revealed at the end of this weekend's (October 5-6) Judges' Houses episodes.

Perdita
13-10-2013, 05:43
Gary Barlow has confirmed that he will leave The X Factor at the end of the current series.

The Take That star put an end to speculation about his future on the ITV series during his critique of Rough Copy's performance on tonight's (October 12) first live show.

He told the group: "I've been here for three years and I'm so glad that for my last year on the show I get to mentor you guys."

A further statement from Barlow was later published on the DawBell publicity firm's Twitter account.

"I've had an amazing time on X Factor these past three years. A show like this needs to stay fresh and exciting ...so it's a great opportunity for someone to come in and take the show past its incredible ten year anniversary," Barlow was quoted as saying.

His statement continued: "Next year is looking to be a busy year for me & XF is a full time job so it felt like the right time to hand over the baton. I've loved being a part of the show and have met and worked with some fantastic people

"But most importantly, more than ever, I want to go out with the winning act this year. Come on the groups!"

Earlier this week, Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans revealed that Barlow intended to leave, but tonight's statement marks the first time that the head judge has commented on the subject.

Evans said: "By the way, this will be Gary's last year on The X Factor... because he told me last week."

Barlow recently said that he will always put Take That ahead of The X Factor, explaining that he sees himself as "an artist, first and foremost".

He has announced plans to embark on a solo headlining tour in spring 2014, following the release of his new album next month.

The X Factor continues tomorrow night (October 13) at 8pm on ITV.

lizann
13-10-2013, 18:26
not one star performance from the lot of them last night

megan999
14-10-2013, 13:12
IMO Nicole sent Lorna home because she was a threat to her girls. She said Lorna could sing Whitney Houston and had a big range. I thought Lorna sung better than Shelly in the sing-off, but Shelly has a bigger personality.

lizann
14-10-2013, 23:06
Gary Barlow has confirmed that he will leave The X Factor at the end of the current series.

The Take That star put an end to speculation about his future on the ITV series during his critique of Rough Copy's performance on tonight's (October 12) first live show.

He told the group: "I've been here for three years and I'm so glad that for my last year on the show I get to mentor you guys."

A further statement from Barlow was later published on the DawBell publicity firm's Twitter account.

"I've had an amazing time on X Factor these past three years. A show like this needs to stay fresh and exciting ...so it's a great opportunity for someone to come in and take the show past its incredible ten year anniversary," Barlow was quoted as saying.

His statement continued: "Next year is looking to be a busy year for me & XF is a full time job so it felt like the right time to hand over the baton. I've loved being a part of the show and have met and worked with some fantastic people

"But most importantly, more than ever, I want to go out with the winning act this year. Come on the groups!"

Earlier this week, Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans revealed that Barlow intended to leave, but tonight's statement marks the first time that the head judge has commented on the subject.

Evans said: "By the way, this will be Gary's last year on The X Factor... because he told me last week."

Barlow recently said that he will always put Take That ahead of The X Factor, explaining that he sees himself as "an artist, first and foremost".

He has announced plans to embark on a solo headlining tour in spring 2014, following the release of his new album next month.

i can take over from gary

lizann
14-10-2013, 23:07

i can take over from gary

moonstorm
15-10-2013, 11:23
No Lizann you can't, you know how jealous Nicole gets of you! All that back stage fighting would just upset you.

Perdita
15-10-2013, 16:46
One Direction have been confirmed to appear on the 2013 X Factor Live Shows.

The band were first assembled on the show on the suggestion of Nicole Scherzinger when she was a guest judge on the 2010 series, and have gone on to release two Billboard chart-topping albums.

X Factor executive producer Mark Sidaway last night (October 14) confirmed on Twitter that the band had been booked for the 2013 Live Shows.

After finishing third on the seventh series of the programme, the band went on to perform on The X Factor live tour.

They returned three times in 2011 - performing 'Gotta Be You' in week six, joining a group performance of 'Wishing on a Star' in week 8 and 'What Makes You Beautiful' in the final.

One Direction gave feedback to contestants on week one of the 2012 show, returning to play 'Little Things' on week six and 'Kiss You' in the final.

They also performed 'Live While We're Young' and 'Little Things' on week two of season two of The X Factor USA last year, returning in the final to perform 'Kiss You'

Show boss Simon Cowell has confirmed that One Direction will also appear on the third season of The X Factor USA.

"They're coming in to perform I think on the third or fourth Live Show," Cowell said. "But that's the only role they'll play."

Perdita
21-10-2013, 11:08
The X Factor is bringing back the 'Songs from the Movies' theme for the third Live Show of the series, it has been confirmed.

All 10 remaining acts will perform songs associated with famous films.

Movies Week was last used on the show in 2011 and featured Craig Colton singing 'Licence To Kill', Misha B tackling 'I Have Nothing' and Little Mix memorably covering 'Don't Let Go (Love)'.

It was previously confirmed that Big Band week will be returning in Week 5 of the competition.

Week 4 is expected to have a Halloween theme as it has in recent series.

Shelley Smith became the second act to be eliminated from this year's X Factor tonight (October 20), losing out in the sing-off to Kingsland Road. The result means that Sharon Osbourne has been reduced to just one act after only two weeks of the competition.

megan999
28-10-2013, 13:59
I don't think that Hannah deserved to be in the sing-off, but IMO Miss Dynamix performed better than her in the sing-off. But I reckon Hannah is more talented than them, so for me the decision was the right one.
Mrs O is right, Abi needs to wake up a bit. She is talented but her Moon River song put me to sleep! Luke is improving a lot. Really enjoyed Kingsland Road. Sam Bailey was v.good but would like to see her sing something more uptempo rather than ballads all the time. Rough Copy were better in the auditions, I feel they have lost a bit of magic.

megan999
28-10-2013, 13:59
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

megan999
10-11-2013, 13:11
IMO the weakest singers last night were Abi, Luke, and Sam Callerhan (spelling?).

lizann
11-11-2013, 00:33
IMO the weakest singers last night were Abi, Luke, and Sam Callerhan (spelling?).

luke did great as at moondance as did rough copy and sam b for me

lizann
11-11-2013, 00:33

luke did great as at moondance as did rough copy and sam b for me

tammyy2j
11-11-2013, 16:13
I think Sam Bailey has it in the bag as the winner

megan999
14-11-2013, 13:34
I think I want either Nicholas, Hannah or Rough Copy to win :D

tammyy2j
14-11-2013, 15:51
I do like Rough Copy the seem like fun lads like JLS

tammyy2j
14-11-2013, 15:51
I think I want either Nicholas, Hannah or Rough Copy to win :D

Hannah shouts too much

megan999
17-11-2013, 13:24
Sam Callehan is still the weakest link for me. I was enjoying Tamara's performance until she forgot the lyrics. I wonder if she'll be punished for it and be in the bottom two tonight. Shame. I think that I enjoyed Nicholas's performance the best last night. He is pretty consistent. :clap:

Perdita
17-11-2013, 16:19
The Backstreet Boys will perform on The Xtra Factor tomorrow night (November 17).

The US boyband - who have celebrated their 20th anniversary this year - will take to the stage for an exclusive performance on the ITV2 spinoff show.
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/28/618x464/backstreet-boys-facebook-2013-600x450.jpeg
Backstreet Boys
Backstreet Boys

The performance was confirmed by The X Factor's official Twitter account following tonight's live show.

The 'I Want It That Way' group released their eighth studio album In a World Like This earlier this year, which peaked at number-16 on the UK Albums chart.

They performed an intimate gig at London's Under the Bridge in June, and took part in a Q&A with UK fans.

Gary Barlow and Miley Cyrus will perform on The X Factor results show tomorrow night at 8pm on ITV1. The Xtra Factor follows at 9pm on ITV2.

megan999
19-11-2013, 16:13
Sam Bailey is the bookies favourite to win, everybody's saying she will win. Now the real guess is who will be runner-up. I hope it will be Rough Copy :thumbsup:

tammyy2j
19-11-2013, 16:54
Sam Callehan is still the weakest link for me. I was enjoying Tamara's performance until she forgot the lyrics. I wonder if she'll be punished for it and be in the bottom two tonight. Shame. I think that I enjoyed Nicholas's performance the best last night. He is pretty consistent. :clap:

Well he is gone now

lizann
21-11-2013, 15:29
tamara is way too overrated with the judges

megan999
24-11-2013, 13:04
Tamara messed up her lyrics again ! :wall: It's a damn shame because I think she has a great voice.
Rough Copy stole the show for me :thumbsup:
Enjoyed Luke's interpretation of the One Direction song.
Hannah was good again.

Where was James Arthur in the celebration of 10 years X Factor last night? He should have been mentoring Tamara, she sang his song :searchme:

tammyy2j
24-11-2013, 19:57
Tamara messed up her lyrics again ! :wall: It's a damn shame because I think she has a great voice.
Rough Copy stole the show for me :thumbsup:
Enjoyed Luke's interpretation of the One Direction song.
Hannah was good again.

Where was James Arthur in the celebration of 10 years X Factor last night? He should have been mentoring Tamara, she sang his song :searchme:

James Arthur is too busy fighting with everyone on twitter, he really has turned into an awful asshole by the sounds of it since he won the show last year

I liked Luke, Sam and Hannah the best last night

Tamera should go home tonight she comes across quite arrogant and rude when getting criticism

tammyy2j
24-11-2013, 19:57
Simon should have returned for 10th birthday show

Perdita
24-11-2013, 21:04
Don't understand why Tamera is still in the competion and Hannah out :angry:

lizann
25-11-2013, 00:58

disgrace

lizann
25-11-2013, 00:58

disgrace

tammyy2j
25-11-2013, 17:34
Louis is a bad judge only picking Nicholas as the winner what about Luke he is better than Nicholas imo

megan999
26-11-2013, 13:56
Louis is a bad judge only picking Nicholas as the winner what about Luke he is better than Nicholas imo
I wasn't keen on Luke at the beginning, but he is growing on me.

megan999
26-11-2013, 13:56
I thought that was Nicholas' weakest performance on Sat. His microphone wasn't loud enough and it seemed that the song was too big for him. I prefered Joe McElderry's version of it.

tammyy2j
26-11-2013, 14:38
I hope Luke wins now

megan999
01-12-2013, 12:00
I thought that Sam Bailey and Rough Copy were the best last night:thumbsup:. I was not familiar with Luke's songs, but I still enjoyed them.

lizann
01-12-2013, 21:56
about time tamera went out she was brutal nicholas was bad too

tammyy2j
08-12-2013, 23:32
The songlist for next weekend's X Factor grand final has been unveiled.

Each of the final three acts will perform twice on Saturday (December 14), in advance of this year's winner being crowned.

Sam Bailey will sing Lady Gaga's 'The Edge of Glory' as her first song, and will also perform a version of 'Power Of Love' by Jennifer Rush.

Luke Friend has been tasked with 'We Are Young' from fun., as well as the One Direction track 'What Makes You Beautiful'.

Nicholas McDonald is to perform 'Candy' by Robbie Williams and Sarah McLachlan's 'Angel'.

The X Factor's two-part grand final from Wembley Arena will feature appearances from Elton John, The Killers, One Direction, Katy Perry and Tom Odell as well.

Rough Copy missed out on a spot in the final when they lost a sing-off to Friend during Sunday's (December 8) results show.

The X Factor live final begins next Saturday (December 14) at 8pm on ITV

tammyy2j
08-12-2013, 23:32
I am happy Luke is in the final, Sam Bailey has in the bag she will be the winner

deadlydave2
09-12-2013, 01:02
i hate the sh*te factor!!! miley cyrus wannabe's!!!

megan999
09-12-2013, 14:15
I am gutted Rough Copy were sent home yesterday. Luke to win!!! :D

lizann
09-12-2013, 23:28
nicholas is dueting with shane filan, luke with ellie goulding and sam bailey with judge nicole

tammyy2j
12-12-2013, 19:20
The X Factor duet partners for Sam Bailey, Nicholas McDonald and Luke Friend at this weekend's final, as well as their song choices, have been confirmed.

Bailey will perform Dreamgirls number 'And I Am Telling You' with X Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger, while McDonald will sing Westlife's 'Flying Without Wings' with the band's frontman Shane Filan, and Friend will join Ellie Goulding for a performance of 'Anything Can Happen'.

Scherzinger said: "I'm so excited to be singing with the beautiful and talented Sam Bailey. We're going to have so much fun and scha-diva it out this weekend on the X Factor stage! Stay tuned."

Goulding said of her duet with Friend: "I'm really excited to perform with lovely Luke He's a crazy talented singer and a good soul and to me that is the perfect combination.

"I love the tone of his voice and his stage presence. It's very, very cool to be a part of the live X Factor show."

Friend added: "From being a Devonshire busker to playing on the show in front of millions is overwhelming. To perform with one of my favourite artists in the industry will be incredible - when Ellie sings you know exactly who it is, she has such a unique voice. It's going to be an absolute honour."

Filan, who helped Louis Walsh at Judges' Houses and advised him to put McDonald through, said that he was "honoured" to perform with the 17-year-old.

"Nicholas stood out from the beginning as he has such an incredible voice for someone so young. It's been exciting to watch him every weekend, and I hope that I can help him in the final to go all the way."

McDonald commented: "I'm so excited about this week, I've always watched The X Factor and dreamed about reaching the final and having the chance to sing at Wembley Arena.

"It is such a big achievement and I'm overwhelmed and honoured to be singing with Shane as I've always been a massive Westlife fan. I can't wait for Saturday!"

The rest of the X Factor final three's songs were revealed at the weekend.

X Factor judge Gary Barlow, Elton John, Katy Perry, One Direction, The Killers and Tom Odell will all perform during the two-day final.

lizann
13-12-2013, 21:11
some crap duets this year

Perdita
16-12-2013, 06:51
Sam Bailey has won The X Factor 2013.

The Overs singer beat Nicholas McDonald to be crowned this year's champion following tonight's (December 15) head-to-head final at Wembley Arena in London.
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/50/618x842/uktv-the-x-factor-1512-91.jpg
Sam Bailey wins The X Factor
© Tom Dymond/Thames/REX
Sam Bailey wins The X Factor

Tonight's result gives Sharon Osbourne her first victory as a mentor, following her return to the series earlier this year.

Dermot O'Leary revealed that the 36-year-old received over 1 million votes from the public this weekend.

Bailey said: "I don't know what to say. I just want to say that I love that boy [Nicholas] to pieces and he needs to get an album out as well. He's got an amazing voice and I love him to death."

"I can't believe this. I'm so grateful to everybody. I really am appreciative, thank you," she added.

McDonald told O'Leary: "If I was going to get beaten by anybody it was going to be Sam. Sam is a hard one to beat, but I just want to say thank you to every single person who has voted for me week in and week out.

"This is not the end of me," he promised. "I know I'll have an album out and I'll see you all on the tour. I love you all."

Speaking on The Xtra Factor, Bailey continued: "I just feel so overwhelmed by all the support and everything. It's twenty years I've waited for something like this; to get the recognition that I've always wanted.

"These guys all behind me, we've had ten amazing weeks together and every single one of them deserves to be successful. They're all really professional and I've loved every second of this experience."

Asked how proud she is, Osbourne replied: "I can't even begin to tell you. I want to thank everybody who has shown Sam so much love and support, and every week they have voted for her.

"Especially Lord Sugar who has been there from day one. God bless you, sir. Thank you to everyone."

Both Bailey and McDonald took to the stage to perform two songs tonight - their favourite song of the series, and what could become their winning singles.

Bailey covered Jennifer Rush's 'The Power of Love', which she performed on the first live show of the series in October. She then performed Demi Lovato's 'Skyscraper', which will serve as her debut single.

McDonald chose Sarah McLachlan's 'Angel' as his favourite song from the series, before performing Five for Fighting's 'Superman' as his potential debut release.

All of this year's finalists returned to perform Perry's number one single 'Roar' at the beginning of the show.

The grand final also featured performances from Sir Elton John and Gary Barlow, One Direction and Katy Perry, who performed her latest single 'Unconditionally'.

Sam Bailey will now join Beyoncé on the UK leg of her 'Mrs Carter Show World Tour' in February.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a538429/sam-bailey-wins-the-x-factor-2013-nicholas-mcdonald-finishes-second.html#ixzz2ncO6ClyF

Congratulations Sam :clap:

Katy
16-12-2013, 11:39
I didnt see any of this this year but I have heard that Sam Bailey a couple of times and I think she deserved it, she has such a strong voice.

And to win by getting over a million votes, that is some doing.

lizann
16-12-2013, 22:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wnyOVHGj_g&feature=player_detailpage

winner's cover single

lizann
16-12-2013, 22:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wnyOVHGj_g&feature=player_detailpage

winner's cover single

tammyy2j
17-12-2013, 18:26
Nicole completely outsang and outshone Sam in their duet but she was the winner from the start always gave top performances even if they were a little boring at times