PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Carpenter

Perdita
02-10-2012, 11:14
Neighbours legend Tom Oliver has hinted that Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren will be heading back to Ramsay Street.

The actor told What's On TV that producers are planning to recast the character, who was last seen on screen in 1994.

Oliver commented: "There is a possibility in the near future that Lou's daughter Lauren will be coming back. But I don't think the character will be played by the original actress, Sarah Vanderbergh. She's now happily married and living overseas.

"I'd also love to see Lou's adopted daughter Lolly back as an adult. Jiordan Anna Tolli played that part for seven years, before she left to focus on her schooling. But about a year ago, her mum brought Jiordan into the studio to say hello. She's a stunning young woman now, and is taller than me!"

The 74-year-old also revealed that he would love to see Delta Goodrem reprise her role as Nina Tucker at some point in the future.

He said: "I adore her. She is a sweetheart and an enormous singing talent. So I'd love to see her come back and make an appearance. I think she was a darn-good actor as well."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

N.Fan
02-10-2012, 15:59
I agree with Lou they should bring back Deltra Goodrem.:cheer:

tammyy2j
03-10-2012, 14:55
Lauren broke up Beth and Brad if I remember correctly didnt Lou have a son as well?

LostVoodoo
03-10-2012, 18:10
Didn't they replace Lolly with a girl who'd won a TV talent show or something? I seem to remember there was a domestic abuse storyline with a stepmother, wasn't there?

Toadie
04-10-2012, 20:24
Hi, everyonre,

I hope she returns!

Toadie
04-10-2012, 20:24
Hi, everyonre,

I hope she returns!

Dazzle
05-10-2012, 08:09
Hi, everyonre,

I hope she returns!

Hi Toadie :)

Welcome to Soapboards

Dazzle
05-10-2012, 08:09
deleted

Toadie
09-11-2012, 21:40
Great news.

Perdita
23-02-2013, 09:13
Also ahead on Neighbours, a new era for Ramsay Street begins as Lou Carpenter's family move in.

Lou's daughter Lauren Turner has decided to return to Erinsborough permanently, arriving with husband Matt and their kids Amber and Bailey.

Lauren also has another son named Mason, who can't join the Street just yet as he is in a juvenile detention centre.

Viewers will see that Lou (Tom Oliver) is anxious over his family's arrival, as he hasn't been honest with Lauren about the fact that he isn't as successful as he used to be.

When Lou is finally honest with Lauren, they pledge to enjoy a fresh start and be open with each other. But it soon becomes apparent that the Turners have secrets of their own…

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/08/618x683/soaps-neighbours-6574-3.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/08/618x445/soaps-neighbours-6574-4.jpg

lizann
23-02-2013, 23:01
maybe she moves to be near brad again

Perdita
07-03-2013, 13:22
Neighbours newcomer Kate Kendall has expressed delight over her role on the soap, describing her part as "ideal".

UK fans see the actress make her first appearance on Ramsay Street today (March 7) as she takes over the role of Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren Turner.

Lauren arrives in Erinsborough with husband Matt (Josef Brown), son Bailey (Calen Mackenzie) and daughter Amber (Jenna Rosenow). Her eldest son Mason (Taylor Glockner) joins the rest of the family in a fortnight's time.

Kendall told Digital Spy of joining Neighbours: "It's very exciting and I'm absolutely delighted to be part of such a great team. I had auditioned for other roles on Neighbours but they weren't really what I wanted. This is ideal.

"Joining the show has been so easy and everyone has been fantastic. My on-screen father Tom Oliver, in particular, has been terrific."

Lauren was previously portrayed by Sarah Vandenbergh in 1993 and 1994.

Discussing the challenges of playing a recast character, Kendall continued: "I didn't think a lot about it, because I'm not trying to copy someone else's performance - that never works. Also, the character has matured.

"I wanted to approach the role with fresh eyes so I didn't watch any old episodes. I can only play Lauren the way the writers have written her now."

Kendall explained that Lauren will find it easy to settle back into Ramsay Street over the next few weeks.

She said: "Lauren is very social so it doesn't take her long to meet people, and also there is a history so not everyone are strangers.

"There is also an exciting project on the horizon for Lauren, which will really cement her position in the local community."

Neighbours bosses have billed the Turners as a family of secrets, with various revelations unfolding during their early weeks on screen.

Further into the future, the show is also bringing back Brad Willis - an old flame of Lauren's who will now be played by Kip Gamblin.

Asked whether Brad's return could spark some classic soap drama for Lauren, Kendall replied: "Absolutely - watch this space!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Perdita
02-05-2013, 17:21
Neighbours regular Lauren Turner will be "flustered" when her old flame Brad Willis arrives back in town, reports have revealed.

The mum-of-three, played by Kate Kendall, is shocked when Brad moves into Ramsay Street with his wife Terese and their two children Joshua and Imogen.

Lauren and Brad had an affair when they both lived on the Street in the '90s.

When Lauren sees Brad again, her old feelings for him come rushing back and she decides not to tell husband Matt (Josef Brown) about their history, according to Australian magazine Soap World.

The arrival of the Willises comes after Lucy Robinson returns to Erinsborough as the head honcho of Lassiter's Worldwide.

Concerned about corruption at the local hotel, Lucy (Melissa Bell) orders her brother Paul to sack the existing manager Tony before bringing in Terese as a replacement.

UK viewers will see Terese's first scenes in the week commencing Monday, June 10, with the rest of the Willis family following shortly afterwards.

Terese and Brad will be played by former Home and Away stars Rebekah Elmaloglou and Kip Gamblin.

Perdita
31-08-2013, 05:29
Also ahead on Neighbours, Lauren Turner is embarrassed when Brad Willis finds out about her secret sketch of him.

Brad (Kip Gamblin) discovers what Lauren has been hiding when her Mount Isa house drawing, which is on the flip side of the Brad sketch, is entered into an exhibition by Matt.

When Lauren (Kate Kendall) discovers that the sketch is missing, Brad agrees to help her find it, but only after she's assured him that it's all completely innocent.

Later, however, Matt (Josef Brown) discovers Brad and Lauren in an accidentally close position amid their search, and he's barely able to keep a lid on his jealousy. Is Matt right to be worried about the pair's connection?
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/35/618x443/soaps-neighbours-6708-1.jpg
Lauren is mortified that Brad has seen her drawing of him.
© Channel 5
Lauren is mortified that Brad has seen her drawing

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/35/618x419/soaps-neighbours-6708-4.jpg
Matt see Brad and Lauren together.
© Channel 5
Matt sees Brad and Lauren together

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/35/618x436/soaps-neighbours-6708-2.jpg
Matt interrupts the moment between Brad and Lauren.
© Channel 5
Matt interrupts the moment between Brad and Lauren

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, September 11 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

evole
31-08-2013, 22:17
That Brad is damn sexy! Lauren might be wanting a bit of that, lol

Perdita
06-01-2014, 11:21
Neighbours star Kate Kendall has revealed that viewers could see a 'meatier' side to her character Lauren Turner this year.

The actress took over the role as Lou Carpenter's daughter last year and has been seen struggling with her feelings for former boyfriend Brad Willis (Kip Gamblin) since being back on Ramsay Street.

It was previously announced that Tina Bursill has been cast in the role of Lauren's mother, Kathy, and will appear on screens soon.

Speaking to news.com.au, Kendall said: "Lauren has taken lots of interesting turns this year. She has a big heart and is the centre of her family and home but I've been looking for interesting ways to portray her so that she's not too much of a domestic goddess.

"That is so far removed from me. I don't bake. Lauren's always whipping out a cake and taking food around to other people's houses.

"She is a wife and a mother that on the surface could look quite bland and I wanted to take her out of that area. She has secrets which makes the character more interesting. It gives her a bit of an edge. Otherwise she could come off as perfect.

"If you have kept a secret for a long time then there is usually a bigger explosion when it comes out. There is stuff coming up this year that I have filmed with Tina that is fantastic. We get to explore some meaty sides of Lauren."

Kendall also admitted that she has worked on creating her own interpretation of Lauren and doesn't worry about copying the work of previous actress Sarah Vandenberg.

She said: "Lauren's original appearance was such a long time ago that I was given carte blanche to create a new character.

"Because Neighbours has so many fans, I'm sure there are people who are brutally aware that I do things differently to the original actor.

"We still hark back to historical facts like the relationship between Brad and Lauren but if you're going to play a character that might be there for a while you can't be doing somebody else's interpretation on it."

Perdita
05-03-2014, 19:45
Neighbours' Lauren Turner will be shocked to the core when she learns that her secret daughter is still alive.

Lauren's mother Kathy Carpenter (Tina Bursill) will drop the bombshell on her when she pays a visit to Ramsay Street in an upcoming storyline.

Viewers know that Lauren (Kate Kendall) is keeping quiet about the fact that she was once pregnant with Brad Willis's baby. However, she has always thought that the child died due to complications during the birth.

After years of being kept in the dark, Lauren finally finds out the truth about her daughter when Kathy is forced to come clean.

The drama begins when Kathy arrives in Erinsborough and sees that Lauren is preparing to share her secret with Brad and her husband Matt.

When Kathy can't convince Lauren that it's not a good idea to reveal the truth, she delivers shocking news of her own by disclosing that the baby didn't really die.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/08/618x370/soaps-neighbours-tina-bursill.jpg
Tina Bursill
© Channel 5
Tina Bursill plays Kathy

Kathy admits that she made a spur of the moment decision to lie to Lauren and kept up the pretence for many years, believing that she was protecting her.

The revelation pushes Lauren to tell the whole story, but her admission threatens to tear the Turner and Willis families apart in dramatic episodes.

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and late March on Channel 5 in the UK.

Perdita
15-03-2014, 06:32
Neighbours' Lauren Turner will be left stunned later this month when her mother Kathy makes a shocking revelation about the baby she gave birth to years ago.

The story kicks off when Kathy, played by Tina Bursill, arrives in Erinsborough for a surprise visit after becoming concerned about Lauren (Kate Kendall) during a phone call.

Kathy turns up at the Turner household with the intention of changing her daughter's mind about telling her husband Matt and the baby's father Brad Willis about the stillborn birth she suffered when she was younger.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/10/618x465/soaps-neighbours-6838-2.jpg
Lauren is still angry with Kathy
© Channel 5
Kathy's news will shock Lauren

As Lauren remains determined that both men should be told the truth, Kathy finally reveals the real reason she wants Lauren to change her mind and admits to her that the baby was not stillborn - she lived.

Lauren is stunned at Kathy's shock news as her mother attempts to justify her decision to conceal the truth, but a betrayed Lauren refuses to hear it and pushes her away.

Struggling to process the revelation, Lauren confides in Matt who is equally stunned but supportive. However, Lauren knows that she must tell Brad the truth about their child, but how will he react?
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/10/618x437/soaps-neighbours-6838-1.jpg
Lauren struggles to make peace with her mother.
© Channel 5
Lauren struggles to make peace with her mother.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/10/618x429/soaps-neighbours-6837-1.jpg
Matt is shocked by Lauren's revelation.
© Channel 5
Matt is shocked by Lauren's revelation.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 25 and Wednesday, March 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/scoop/a557600/neighbours-lauren-shock-home-and-away-fire-spoiler-pictures.html#ixzz2w0hqADLu

Perdita
21-03-2014, 11:04
Neighbours airs a life-changing moment for Lauren Turner on UK screens next week as she learns that her secret daughter is still alive.

In the biggest week for the Turner and Willis families since their arrival last year, Lauren's mother Kathy (Tina Bursill) pays a visit to Erinsborough and confesses that she lied about the baby being stillborn all those years ago.

After Kathy tells the truth, Lauren has to finally be honest with her husband Matt and the baby's father Brad Willis, telling them the full story.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Kate Kendall, who plays Lauren, to hear her thoughts on the emotional storyline.

What has this storyline been like to film?
"There has been a lot of discussion because it's a storyline that has a domino effect - not only on Lauren and Brad but their partners, parents and of course their other children. It has certainly been the most emotional storyline I've filmed on Neighbours so far - there have been days of tears shed."

Was it a surprise when you read Kathy's revelation in the scripts, or were you warned in advance?
"The writers talked us through the storyline before the scripts were released, which is great because it gave us time to really digest the emotional rollercoaster the characters are on."

These episodes have already aired in Australia and had a great response. Were you pleased with the reaction?
"Absolutely. I think the impact of Lauren discovering that she still has a daughter somewhere out there really resonated with viewers. They empathised with both she and Brad which is exactly the reaction we were hoping for, and moving forward, they will continue to invest in their story. There is a lot more to come."

What kind of relationship does Lauren have with Kathy, and how does she feel when Kathy first pays a visit to the Street?
"Generally they get along well. She isn't involved with Lauren as much as she probably should be, but I think the distance helps their relationship. They have shared this secret so there is definitely a bond."

How does Lauren react when Kathy drops the bombshell that her daughter is still alive?
"It's gut-wrenching devastation. For two decades, Lauren believed her daughter had died which was heartbreaking enough. She has carried that guilt and grief for all those years, and now she finds out that the one person she should be able to trust - her mother - has betrayed her."

Does Kathy defend her behaviour, or is she well aware that she did the wrong thing?
"In Kathy's mind, she thought she was protecting Lauren by helping her start again. Remember it was a different time - there was a stigma associated with being an unmarried mother. Kathy felt by telling Lauren the baby had died, she would help her daughter to emotionally sever ties with her baby and move on with life.

"Kathy is remorseful, but Lauren just isn't in the state of mind to register how her mother feels, as she is in shock."

How do the other characters react when Lauren shares the truth with them?
"Lauren's husband Matt is a good man, but Lauren is hesitant initially about telling him and what his reaction will be. Surprisingly, he is very understanding and he knows how much his wife is hurting.

"Lauren is in two minds about everything and initially she is unsure about what to do, but she knows Brad needs to know the truth too. For any person, finding out something like this out of the blue would be a huge shock - and Terese would have to be a saint not to be rocked by this revelation.

"There's also the kids - to find out you have a half-sibling somewhere out there would be a shock. Some of the kids are more curious than others."

How will this affect the relationship between Lauren and her mum? Can she forgive Kathy in the long-run?
"This has definitely fractured their relationship and it is going to take time to heal. However, Lauren isn't a vindictive person. She is very family-focused so I think in time, things will heal."

Do you hope Tina Bursill will continue to pop in and out of the show as Kathy?
"Tina is an icon in the business and it was a privilege to work with her - I really loved it. I think it would be great to have Kathy return because the dynamics between these two is fantastic - and mother and daughter relationships can be so complex, so the writers could really have some fun."

Where do the Turner and Willis families go from here? Do they think they should search for Lauren and Brad's daughter?
"Without giving too much away, Lauren and Brad have a heartbreaking setback, and this does raise the question of continuing the search. Can they handle the emotional strain this is placing on themselves and their families? This is a storyline that has many twists and turns, and more revelations to come."

Are you missing your on-screen son Taylor Glockner following his recent departure? Do you think we'll see Mason again?
"Absolutely. Taylor is a really lovely young man and brought a great energy to the show. This year we have seen a lot of characters return and I'm sure down the track the writers will have something in mind for Mason."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/interviews/a559182/neighbours-kate-kendall-on-turner-bombshell-lauren-is-devastated.html#ixzz2watnxMws

Ruffed_lemur
21-03-2014, 16:49
How awful of Lauren's mother to do this! :nono: A very difficult thing to forgive.

Perdita
31-05-2014, 05:59
Neighbours' Lauren Turner and Brad Willis betray their partners next month when they share a kiss after an emotional day.

The former couple are still trying to search for their daughter who was put up for adoption after Lauren gave birth to her 20 years ago.

Their hunt takes them to Adelaide after Brad (Kip Gamblin) is given an address by private investigator Tracy, which they believe could be a massive lead. However, they are left disappointed when they turn up and discover that the address has been turned into a housing estate.

After deciding to spend the night in Adelaide while Tracy does some more investigating, Brad and Lauren are forced to share a motel room after struggling to find anywhere else to stay.

Over the course of the night, Lauren's guilt becomes overwhelming as she wonders how different things would have been if she had told Brad she was pregnant at the time. As Brad attempts to comfort her, the pair both go in for a kiss...
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/22/618x422/soaps-neighbours-6891-2.jpg
Lauren and Brad have to share a hotel room
© Channel 5
Lauren and Brad have to share a hotel room
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/22/618x410/soaps-neighbours-6891-3.jpg
Brad comforts Lauren
© Channel 5
Brad comforts Lauren
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/22/618x435/soaps-neighbours-6891-4.jpg
Brad and Lauren kiss
© Channel 5
Brad and Lauren kiss
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/22/618x440/soaps-neighbours-6891-8.jpg
Lauren and Brad turn to each other
© Channel 5
Lauren and Brad turn to each other

Meanwhile, back in Ramsay Street, Lauren's husband Matt is left disappointed when he is forced to cancel their vow renewal due to her stay in Adelaide.

However, unbeknown to Matt, Lauren is guilt-ridden after her kiss with Brad and decides to return home after all, meaning the day can go ahead.

After agreeing with Brad that the kiss was a mistake, Lauren plans to come clean with Matt. However, she finds herself unable to tell the truth when Matt explains that he just wants them to enjoy their special day.

Burying her guilt, Lauren is swept up in romance and renews her vows with Matt in a ceremony led by Susan.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/22/618x412/soaps-neighbours-6892-2.jpg
Lauren makes her way to Matt
© Channel 5
Lauren makes her way to Matt
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/22/618x412/soaps-neighbours-6892-5.jpg
Lauren and Matt exchange their vows
© Channel 5
Lauren and Matt exchange their vows
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/22/618x450/soaps-neighbours-6892-7.jpg
Sue performs Lauren and Matt's ceremony
© Channel 5
Sue performs Lauren and Matt's ceremony
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/22/618x425/soaps-neighbours-6892-6.jpg
Lauren and Matt share a kiss
© Channel 5

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, June 9 and Tuesday, June 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

LostVoodoo
01-06-2014, 20:18
I know this has nothing to do with anything, but Lauren's dress is lovely!

tammyy2j
03-06-2014, 13:49
I like Lauren and Matt as a couple

Perdita
04-06-2014, 14:01
Lauren Turner has an interesting few weeks ahead on Neighbours as she finally comes face-to-face with her long-lost daughter.

Olympia Valance has been cast as Lauren and Brad's daughter Paige Novak, who will join Erinsborough on UK screens from June 16. In a twist, though, Paige initially keeps quiet about her true identity while she slowly gets to know her real parents.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Kate Kendall, who plays Lauren, to hear about how Paige's arrival will affect life on Ramsay Street.

What has the secret daughter storyline been like to film?
"It's been an absolute treat, really. I was really hoping to sink my teeth into some very layered and complex storylines when I took this job on. A lot of the earlier storylines were about the children getting into trouble and the parents responding to that, so to get a story where I'm the protagonist is great.

"We're really sinking our teeth into the emotional depths of what this woman has been through and there's a wonderful story arc, so I'm very grateful to the writers for trusting me with it. We've now been shooting scenes with my new daughter who comes into Ramsay Street looking to meet her parents for the first time, and that's been great too."

The episodes where Lauren first found out that her daughter is still alive had great feedback. Were you pleased with the reaction from viewers?
"Definitely - it's lovely. I'm not very good at computers, but one of the great things about Twitter is that I did get some great feedback from viewers both in Australia and the UK. I knew when we were working on those scenes that we were shooting something really interesting.

"We shot those episodes with lots of close-ups and they cast the wonderful actress Tina Bursill to play my mother. We knew that in order to take this storyline seriously, we'd have to go to some pretty dark places and we really went there. I was really thrilled with it at the time and I'm also happy with the way it's been received."

Next week we'll see Lauren and Brad share a kiss. Were you surprised that Lauren would be unfaithful?
"Ever since Brad came back to the Street, there was always going to be tension there - whether it was good or bad. I always played it so that Brad was the first love of Lauren's life. Once that first love leaves you, it's never fully resolved. I was surprised that Lauren would kiss Brad, but I understand why they wrote it.

"When the kiss happens, Lauren and Brad are in a state of emotional despair over their lost daughter. They're both vulnerable in a hotel room in Adelaide and that's when the kiss happens. I suppose the next thing will be how long it stays a secret after that!"

Will the kiss just be a one-off?
"I really don't know! It could go either way. Lauren's marriage with Matt is very strong, so this kiss could be very divisive. I don't think anything good can come out of it in the short-term with these two families. We'll just have to wait and see, but I love working with both Josef and Kip who play Matt and Brad, so I'm happy with whoever I end up with!"

What is the atmosphere like when Lauren and Matt renew their marriage vows next week?
"They were beautiful scenes to film - it was nice to get dressed up for a change because Lauren is usually in work gear a lot of the time! It was lovely to put on a nice frock!

"The vow renewal is a lovely thing for Matt to organise, but there's a lot of guilt hanging over Lauren because of what's happened with Brad in Adelaide the night before. She actually goes back to Erinsborough with the intention of telling Matt what happened, but of course, then he hits her with the surprise vow renewal and it puts her in an awkward position. That's when the lies have to start…"

We now know that Olympia Valance's character Paige is Lauren and Brad's daughter. What has she been like to work with so far?
"She's a delight. Olympia hasn't done much acting before, but she's really hit the ground running and her character is involved in a lot of things. Olympia is also very responsive and open to suggestions. She asks for help and advice, and when a young actor does that, I'm more than happy to help out.

"The great thing is that Olympia does take things on and she's able to adapt and change if need be. She's great fun and we get on really, really well. Olympia isn't a shy person - she's not backwards in coming forwards, but I think that suits the character really well! I think the viewers are really going to enjoy watching her."

Paige initially keeps her identity a secret, but does Lauren still get to know her?
"Lauren has a weird connection with Paige. Paige knows who Lauren and Brad are but they have no idea she's their daughter. She starts working at Harold's and moves into Ramsay Street, so she gets in right under everyone's noses. Lauren gets along with her really well, but Paige does rub Amber up the wrong way! There's room for some conflict and a bit of drama there, but also some light-hearted humour too.

"Then when it all comes out, that's going to hit Lauren for six again, so it's a really good story arc."

We know that Tina Bursill has been back on set recently, so have you enjoyed exploring the Lauren/Kathy dynamic more?
"Yeah, Tina was amazing the first time round and I was thrilled when they cast her. She really honoured the storyline and the big, emotional scenes that were needed. Having Tina back is great as it's always lovely to work with her."

Can they resolve their differences?
"I don't know if Lauren and Kathy's relationship will ever be back to normal, but I think they'll find a way to work together. There's a lot of love there and Kathy does some really positive things to try to make things right after what she did in the past.

"I think Lauren is quite a healthy human being emotionally, as she can see the virtues in getting over things. She knows it will be better for everybody if she can find a way to move on and have a healthy relationship with Kathy."

How will Bailey's drinking problem affect the Turner family?
"The interesting thing with this is that Bailey has always been 'the good kid' - the reliable and sensible one. Calen Mackenzie who plays Bailey can really act - he's fantastic.

"When the wheels fall off, it'll give the parents a wake-up call. How did they not notice or see this happening? They probably took him for granted a little bit. I'm sure the Turners will be able to get past this and move on, but it'll definitely shake them up a little bit."

Do you hope we'll see Mason back at some point in the future, even for guest appearances?
"I hope so. Taylor [Glockner, who played Mason] is a great kid and I think he'll always stick with acting because he's got such a passion for it. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back in time. Mason didn't leave the country - he only went to Darwin, so anything is possible."

Would you like Lauren to be one of the show's long-stay characters?
"I love doing this show, so I hope I'll be doing it for as long as I can! I've been acting for 20 years but I've probably spent 50% of it unemployed at certain times. It can be a tough industry. I love going to work every day and I love the people I work with too. If you get really good storylines like they ones they're giving me, you'd be mad not to do it!"

gillyH1981
27-05-2015, 13:29
Passion never dies
Torn by his feelings for Lauren, Brad reveals her dead husband's guilty secret.

Despite their steamy romantic history together and the fact that they still clearly hold a torch for one another, Brad and Lauren have so far managed to resist temptation. How much longer can they keep lying to themselves about their true feelings?

Following Matt's (Josef Brown) tragic death, Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) has been increasingly wary of Lauren's (Kate Kendall) hold over her husband, Brad (Kip Gamblin).

Brad and Lauren were each other's first true love and everyone knows you never forget your first, so a suspicious Terese can't help but worry that Brad's old feelings will begin to resurface.

For his part, Brad claims to just be looking out for Lauren - just as he promised Matt he would do - but there's no doubt he sees Lauren as something more than a friend.

Desperate to keep Lauren away from her husband, Terese is thrilled when she notices a hint of chemistry between Lauren and Robin (Max Brown), Lassiter's new graphic designer.

Terese organises for Lauren to show Robin the local art gallery scene and is thrilled when they hit it off but the arrival of Robin in Lauren's life clearly bothers Brad.

He claims he's just being protective of Lauren but when Brad's territorial feelings overcome him and he orders Robin to stay away from Lauren, he's surprised to discover himself acting like a jealous boyfriend.

Terese is similarly alarmed but when Brad apologises and reaffirms his love for his wife everything appears to be settling down - for a little while.

When Terese continues her less than subtle attempts to set Lauren and Robin up, Brad confronts her about her meddling and the couple argue ferociously.

Overhearing the exchange and witnessing the growing tension between Brad and Terese, Paige (Olympia Valance) admits to her brother that she thinks Brad would be happier with Lauren.

As Brad and Terese's marriage continues to unravel, Lauren struggles to cope as the date of her wedding anniversary looms.

She's tempted by the offer of a date with Robin but is then quickly overcome with guilt for even thinking about moving on from Matt.

Matt was one of only two men Lauren has ever loved - the other was Brad - so getting over him won't be easy.

Brad, frustrated that Lauren is putting her dead husband on a pedestal, lets slip that Matt was not the saint Lauren thinks he was.

With the cat out of the bag, Brad is forced to admit Matt's sordid tryst with Sharon Canning (Natasha Herbert) - and Lauren's world is turned upside down.

The man she thought she could trust more than anyone had betrayed her.

With his memory now tainted, what's to stop Lauren seeking comfort in the arms of ther only other man she ever loved?

If Terese is going to save her failing marriage, she'd better be prepared for a fight?

Credit TV Soap 4th June 2015

tammyy2j
11-08-2015, 16:25
I really hoped Lauren would not get with Brad or start an affair with him but seems she does

Such a shameful disrespectful thing to do to Matt's memory and her kids with Matt and also poor Terese her paranoia was correct :angry:

Dazzle
11-08-2015, 17:52
I really hoped Lauren would not get with Brad or start an affair with him but seems she does

Such a shameful disrespectful thing to do to Matt's memory and her kids with Matt and also poor Terese her paranoia was correct :angry:

I hate this too, but it was inevitable that they'd eventually get together. :wall:

I just hope Therese isn't painted as the bad guy because her (entirely justified) paranoia has made her behave badly at times. :angry:

Ruffed_lemur
11-08-2015, 19:05

If they get together, then I don't think it's disrespectful at all to Matt. He was a very bad husband in the end!

indigodance
11-08-2015, 21:06
It would be disrespectful to Terese - she has suffered badly with Paige throwing in her nasty manipulation tactics too.

Ruffed_lemur
11-08-2015, 21:29
It would be disrespectful to Terese - she has suffered badly with Paige throwing in her nasty manipulation tactics too.

True, but Terese has been manipulative too.

tammyy2j
11-08-2015, 22:08

Plus Lauren is supposedly her friend

lizann
11-08-2015, 23:55
they have no chemistry mean brad and lauren, brad has more chemistry with paige

Ruffed_lemur
13-08-2015, 13:31
they have no chemistry mean brad and lauren, brad has more chemistry with paige

Well I see LOADS of chemistry between Lauren and Brad! The actors do it so well.

tammyy2j
13-08-2015, 13:43
True, but Terese has been manipulative too.

Terese has been justified in her paranoia as was Matt, Brad and Lauren did kiss when looking for Paige

OliverLove
14-08-2015, 14:16
When is Lauren going to take off her wedding ring?

Ruffed_lemur
14-08-2015, 16:52
When is Lauren going to take off her wedding ring?

She probably won't as she's a widow.

OliverLove
14-08-2015, 18:00

Yes, but she's about to have an affair with Brad?

OliverLove
14-08-2015, 18:00

Perdita
14-08-2015, 18:06

Can you not have an affair whilst wearing your wedding ring?

OliverLove
14-08-2015, 18:20

Of course you can. Sorry, I think I've been misunderstood. I was trying to say that she's still wearing her wedding ring and I think they're going to make a scene about when she finally takes if off. I'm suggesting maybe that time will be when she has the affair with Brad because although she still undoubtedly loves Matt, she is also moving on.

OliverLove
14-08-2015, 18:20

Of course you can. Sorry, I think I've been misunderstood. I was trying to say that she's still wearing her wedding ring and I think they're going to make a scene about when she finally takes if off. I'm suggesting maybe that time will be when she has the affair with Brad because although she still undoubtedly loves Matt, she is also moving on.

Ruffed_lemur
14-08-2015, 18:58

Maybe she'll remove it then. Depends how she feels I guess.

tammyy2j
27-10-2015, 01:05
I liked the new Lauren until she cheated with Brad, it is now like she deliberately always tells Terese claiming mistakenly any Brad news

Lauren has not once considered Terese and her kids

I think the writers have ruined Lauren

Dazzle
27-10-2015, 02:33
I think the writers have ruined Lauren

I've never liked her much to be honest. Her feelings for Matt always seemed to me to be half-hearted at best. I did enjoy it when Lauren and Paige found each other, but both characters have become unlikeable since then.

Terese has always been my favourite of the Willises and the Turners.

LauBuch
27-10-2015, 12:05
I've never liked her much to be honest. Her feelings for Matt always seemed to me to be half-hearted at best. I did enjoy it when Lauren and Paige found each other, but both characters have become unlikeable since then.

Terese has always been my favourite of the Willises and the Turners.

Right? When Matt died, she didn't seem too upset and when she found out he almost slept with Sharon, she didn't seem to bothered either.
It's been fairly obvious since she came back she wanted to try things with Brad, but complications (i.e, their families) were in her way. Paige's manipulation of the situation doesn't help things either. Constantly saying "sorry" and "we didn't want to hurt anyone." doesn't make the situation ok. Her and Brad both need to stand up, admit they have made mistakes and accept the consequences and accept that people are going to be angry. This constant thing of Brad and Lauren brushing other peoples feelings aside and taking a second to say "we hurt them...but I love you." is just rubbish.
She also always goes to Paige to justify her actions because she knows Paige won't judge her, she'll back her up all the way. I'm pretty sure Lauren could set out to murder Terese and Paige would be all like "you're entitled to murder someone, you love dad." and Lauren would be like "Yes and I didn't mean to hurt anyone." and then Brad would swoop in declaring he still loves her, despite her murdering tendencies.

Either that or the woman that plays her really needs to sort out her acting skills, cause her upset isn't believable...

lizann
27-10-2015, 21:12
i don't believe for one second that lauren is brad's one true first love

Dazzle
27-10-2015, 22:11
Either that or the woman that plays her really needs to sort out her acting skills, cause her upset isn't believable...

I think acting skill (or lack thereof) is a part of the problem here. It's possible I might have been more forgiving of Brad and Lauren's actions if they were played by actors who could make me believe in their overwhelming love for one another. As it is, they just come across to me as shallow and selfish.

muzzy01
28-10-2015, 09:07
Yes they are both pretty weak. And for god's sake do something about Lauren's hair. It is bright yellow in some scenes!!!

Ruffed_lemur
28-10-2015, 16:46
Yes they are both pretty weak. And for god's sake do something about Lauren's hair. It is bright yellow in some scenes!!!

Could be your TV settings. Looks normal blonde to me.

lizann
28-10-2015, 19:37
lauren also looks older than brad and terese

tammyy2j
05-11-2015, 14:16
She has no chemistry with Brad

Sparklydee
05-11-2015, 14:34
i don't believe for one second that lauren is brad's one true first love

She isn't. It was Beth. And look how that turned out! 😀 Lauren was little more than a "friends with benefits" arrangement to which Brad would probably never have given another thought if it hadn't been for them meeting again in Ramsay St and their discovery of Paige's existence.

indigodance
05-11-2015, 17:00
Watching todays programme (UK) Amber has her baby - Lauren is still more interested in making her conscience clear rather than put her own ego aside for the sake of the others while they deal with their traumas ....

Dazzle
05-11-2015, 17:09
Watching todays programme (UK) Amber has her baby - Lauren is still more interested in making her conscience clear rather than put her own ego aside for the sake of the others while they deal with their traumas ....

I haven't seen today's episode yet, but in yesterday's episode I couldn't believe that both Lauren and Brad weren't glued to the door of Amber's hospital room. They spent most of the episode far more concerned with their own problems than with Amber and their grandchild!

tammyy2j
12-11-2015, 10:43
Kate Kendall wants her character Lauren Turner to let her hair down next year.

The troubled mum-of-four has lurched from one drama to another in 2015, as the tragic death of her husband Matt led to her reigniting her old romance with married schoolteacher Brad Willis.

Speaking to Inside Soap's Yearbook 2016 about where things could head next, Kendall commented: "I'd like to see Lauren get a bit corrupted! She needs to let her hair down a bit and lose control. That would be fantastic fun to play, and it's more like who I am as a person - so I would have no problem harnessing that.

"There's a lot more to her than just being a mum, so instead of copping it all the time I'd like to see her lashing out and being a little more irresponsible."

The actress also appeared to confirm rumours that Lauren's daughter Amber will be leaving Ramsay Street before the year is out. Jenna Rosenow, who played Amber, revealed her desire to move on and explore new opportunities earlier this year.

Kendall said: "It's been a massive journey for Lauren. By the end of 2015, she's the only Turner still left on Ramsay Street - Matt's dead and all the kids have moved on - and that's actually really sad.

But then she's got this new love with Brad and they've got their daughter Paige too. So it's been a very interesting and fun year.

"I'm pretty sure Lauren can't have any more secret kids - unless she gave birth to one when she was in a coma! All her kids have gone, she's a widow, so what's life going to be like for her now?"

indigodance
12-11-2015, 11:27
"Bit more corrupted" ?????? the woman is a walking mess already ! Her family values stink .... hubby turned to crime to pay his way as he knew his wife was longing for another man ... Paige is a manipulative **** Amber is a fruit loop the way she approaches her love life (apple doesn't fall far from the tree) .... Mason and Baily are already tied up to crime before they came out of puberty ..... womanising money shifter for a dad and a sociopath for a mother ......... and she calls being the other woman and destroying another family fun .... (rant over ......)

ILTPandN
12-11-2015, 13:07
"Bit more corrupted" ?????? the woman is a walking mess already ! Her family values stink .... hubby turned to crime to pay his way as he knew his wife was longing for another man ... Paige is a manipulative **** Amber is a fruit loop the way she approaches her love life (apple doesn't fall far from the tree) .... Mason and Baily are already tied up to crime before they came out of puberty ..... womanising money shifter for a dad and a sociopath for a mother ......... and she calls being the other woman and destroying another family fun .... (rant over ......)

Love this!

First thing I thought reading "she needs to let her hair down and lose control" was that she lost control of her knickers a long time ago! Sorry....

LauBuch
12-11-2015, 13:43

If I could like this an unlimited amount of times, I would. I hate that they portray Lauren (and Paige) as innocent angels when they are far from it!

maidmarian
12-11-2015, 14:29
Love this!

First thing I thought reading "she needs to let her hair down and lose control" was that she lost control of her knickers a long time ago! Sorry....

I think.youve been a little harsh!
It might not be her fault.! Like a
lot of clothing -ladies under wear is
not of the same strength & quality
as it was years ago!!

Summer8
12-11-2015, 22:53
Go Lauren REALLY let your hair down LOL

NeighboursNutty
14-11-2015, 11:36

Brilliant Post !!!

But could someone help me with the Brad/Lauren timeline please? Paige is 21, Imogen and Josh are 19(?) how old is Ned? Was Brad married to Beth when Lauren got pregnant with Paige? Did Brad sire 3 lots of kids in 3 years by 3 different women? Am confuzzled...:confused: :confused:

Dazzle
14-11-2015, 20:53
But could someone help me with the Brad/Lauren timeline please? Paige is 21, Imogen and Josh are 19(?) how old is Ned? Was Brad married to Beth when Lauren got pregnant with Paige? Did Brad sire 3 lots of kids in 3 years by 3 different women? Am confuzzled...:confused: :confused:

I believe Brad and Lauren's affair happened just before he married Beth. So Paige is his oldest, then Ned, then Imogen, Josh and Piper. So yes to your last question!

NeighboursNutty
14-11-2015, 21:40
I believe Brad and Lauren's affair happened just before he married Beth. So Paige is his oldest, then Ned, then Imogen, Josh and Piper. So yes to your last question!

Thanks Dazzle so that means Brad knocked up Lauren, married Beth and cheated on her within 18 months with Terese and got her pregnant almost immediately? Lordy!

NeighboursNutty
14-11-2015, 21:40

Thanks Dazzle so that means Brad knocked up Lauren, married Beth and cheated on her within 18 months with Terese? Lordy!

Ames449
14-11-2015, 23:27
Thanks Dazzle so that means Brad knocked up Lauren, married Beth and cheated on her within 18 months with Terese? Lordy!

He certainly was busy back then!

Sparklydee
14-11-2015, 23:49
He certainly was busy back then!

Ok, so I've had a go at working this out, just for fun 😀 Lauren left Ramsay St in March 1994 at which point she was secretly 6 months pregnant (Brad and Beth had left for Perth a couple of months previously). Lauren gave birth to Paige in June 1994. In August 1994 Beth returned to Ramsay St for her nephew's naming day and announced she was pregnant and had only just found out. So Ned would have been born in early 1995. We know that Josh and Imogen were born in May 1996 so they are just over a year younger than Ned. So SuperSperm Brad impregnated 3 women with 4 children in 3 years-and must have left Beth and Ned when Ned was still a very small baby and married Terese and got her preggers with indecent haste! Nice...😀

lizann
15-11-2015, 01:45
brad cheats on beth so quick after lauren with terese despite begging her forgiveness after lauren and their marriage, did the writers put any thought into brad version 2 back story

CuriousCase
16-11-2015, 08:15
Brilliant Post !!!

Ned is 20. Any word when he comes into the picture? I know Jason Herbison said he plans to soon, it's just a matter of when.

CuriousCase
16-11-2015, 08:15
Brilliant Post !!!

Ned is 20. Any word when he comes into the picture? I know Jason Herbison said he plans to soon, it's just a matter of when.

Ruffed_lemur
16-11-2015, 13:28
brad cheats on beth so quick after lauren with terese despite begging her forgiveness after lauren and their marriage, did the writers put any thought into brad version 2 back story

It seems to me that Brad 2 is much nicer than Brad 1. Age can make that happen though.

lizann
16-11-2015, 14:41
It seems to me that Brad 2 is much nicer than Brad 1. Age can make that happen though.

i think the opposite, brad 1 better

lizann
16-11-2015, 14:41

i think the opposite, brad 1 better

lizann
19-11-2015, 01:31
finally dawned on me who kate that plays lauren looks like, steph from googlebox :p

tammyy2j
21-01-2016, 21:02
I really don't understand the point of Lauren anymore, all her kids have moved away and Lou isn't around much now, I know she has a business there but I would think she would want to be near her kids and grandchild more after Matt's death instead of always chasing Brad

Incase you cant tell I really don't like Lauren now :p

Ruffed_lemur
21-01-2016, 21:47
Lauren has Paige as well as Brad nearby. Maybe her and Brad will get together again too, so well worth her being around!

tammyy2j
21-01-2016, 22:55
Lauren has Paige as well as Brad nearby. Maybe her and Brad will get together again too, so well worth her being around!

Paige could move with her or she might change her ways if away from Lauren

LollyCarpenter
22-01-2016, 00:33

A nd if Paige marries Mark that's 3 families in Ramsay Street who will be inter-related. Lauren works best when she has family around her to take care of. Not sure if Paige/Mark wedding will go ahead yet.

Summer8
24-01-2016, 00:31

Yes I agree, with Paige and Brad around,,, and her business, why would she leave? :)

tammyy2j
24-01-2016, 23:10
A nd if Paige marries Mark that's 3 families in Ramsay Street who will be inter-related. Lauren works best when she has family around her to take care of. Not sure if Paige/Mark wedding will go ahead yet.

Lauren should look after Bailey her youngest child, help him he needed it most

indigodance
25-01-2016, 17:56
She turned her back on her whole family (or should I say they couldn't get away fast enough).... for what ... Brad & Paige who are nothing to do with family she built up with Matt - her actual husband ... pathetic woman and mother.

LauBuch
25-01-2016, 19:34
She turned her back on her whole family (or should I say they couldn't get away fast enough).... for what ... Brad & Paige who are nothing to do with family she built up with Matt - her actual husband ... pathetic woman and mother.

I totally agree. From the moment she seen Brad, he's been her priority, no matter how much she denied it. Mark and her whole family, were always playing 2nd fiddle to a 20 year old relationship

Summer8
26-01-2016, 00:55

What????? rubbish!!! she never turned her back on her family at alll!!!! Recall one instance when she did this!

Dazzle
26-01-2016, 01:34
The fact that none of the family that moved to Erinsborough with Lauren is left is pretty damning when taken as a whole. Obviously it hasn't been written that way, and each person who left did so with a reason, but it's done the character of Lauren no favours that her whole family (bar Paige, who isn't dependent on her) has gone.

tammyy2j is right that she would be a better mother if she moved to join Bailey and Amber (and Matilda), who need her more than anyone else does. Amber leaving was the perfect opportunity. Paige could easily run the cafe.

Summer8
26-01-2016, 01:39
The fact that none of the family that moved to Erinsborough with Lauren is left is pretty damning when taken as a whole. Obviously it hasn't been written that way, and each person who left did so with a reason, but it's done the character of Lauren no favours that her whole family (bar Paige, who isn't dependent on her) has gone.

tammyy2j is right that she would be a better mother if she moved to join Bailey and Amber (and Matilda), who need her more than anyone else does. Amber leaving was the perfect opportunity. Paige could easily run the cafe.

That's right they all left for individual reasons had nothing what so ever with her being a 'bad' mother, or turning her back on them......... But why should she leave? She still has one child there that she has missed out on seeing grow up,,,, as if she could walk away from her now.... I couldn't....., and she has her business and boyfriend/lover!!

lizann
26-01-2016, 01:55
What????? rubbish!!! she never turned her back on her family at alll!!!! Recall one instance when she did this!

she put brad ahead of amber and mason which is why they left to me

lizann
26-01-2016, 01:55

Dazzle
26-01-2016, 02:09
That's right they all left for individual reasons had nothing what so ever with her being a 'bad' mother, or turning her back on them......... But why should she leave? She still has one child there that she has missed out on seeing grow up,,,, as if she could walk away from her now.... I couldn't....., and she has her business and boyfriend/lover!!

To be a good mother to the kids who need her the most (Amber and Bailey are both still very young, and also grief-stricken and vulnerable). Don't forget that she dumped Brad a few weeks back, so why on earth didn't she permanently join Amber, Matilda and Bailey? Because the writers want to keep her in the show for Brad, of course. But they can't write a reason for her to stay that convinces me she's a good mother who's willing to put her kids' well-being first.

Dazzle
26-01-2016, 02:13

Do you mean Bailey? Amber even spelt out that her mother's relationship with Brad was part of the reason she wanted to leave... :wall:

tammyy2j
26-01-2016, 12:53
I think it was obvious Amber wasn't comfortable with Brad moving into her father's house but complied to satisfy Lauren and Paige

Bailey was struggling with grief, hatred for Brad and drinking, he should be Lauren's top priority as he is her baby even if he is a teenager plus Amber is a new mother with a sick baby

Ruffed_lemur
26-01-2016, 13:29

Well I certainly don't want her to leave, and totally agree with you. I think some just want Lauren to leave because they don't like her!

tammyy2j
26-01-2016, 14:35
Well I certainly don't want her to leave, and totally agree with you. I think some just want Lauren to leave because they don't like her!

I will admit that I don't like her

Dazzle
26-01-2016, 14:56
I will admit that I don't like her

Neither do I, but only because of her behaviour. The same applies to Brad. As I've said before, I'd be quite happy for them both to leave together.

tammyy2j
26-01-2016, 15:00
Neither do I, but only because of her behaviour. The same applies to Brad. As I've said before, I'd be quite happy for them both to leave together.

I liked her at the start when she returned with her family and Matt, they worked well as a family and had chemistry

LauBuch
26-01-2016, 15:47
I've never been shy about my dislike for Lauren, but that doesn't mean I'm criticising her actions based off of that alone.
When Matt died, within like a month (maybe a little bit more) she was back to being flirty with Brad. There was a reason Therese AND Matt where always feeling cautious about those two. Yes, Therese wasn't perfect and she was out of line a lot of the time, but can you blame her? It's been obvious from the beginning Lauren wanted to be with Brad.

Yes, Amber put up with Brad living at their's for a bit, but if that was me and my kids dad was dead less than a year, I had moved in the one man they all felt threatened by and knew my kid wasn't 100% behind it, I'd tell him he couldn't stay!
He's an adult, he could figure something out. Amber was still grieving her dad, still dealing with the fallout of Daniel and Josh, still dealing with being pregnant, said baby being unwell and Lauren's main focus was Brad.
And if my other kid had a drinking problem, which got worse due to his fathers death, wild horses couldn't keep me from moving away to help him through everything.

Dazzle
26-01-2016, 16:01
Well said, LauBuch!

lizann
26-01-2016, 16:21
Do you mean Bailey? Amber even spelt out that her mother's relationship with Brad was part of the reason she wanted to leave... :wall:

oh yes meant bailey the drinking fella callum's mate :p

Ruffed_lemur
26-01-2016, 16:23
I've never been shy about my dislike for Lauren, but that doesn't mean I'm criticising her actions based off of that alone.
When Matt died, within like a month (maybe a little bit more) she was back to being flirty with Brad. There was a reason Therese AND Matt where always feeling cautious about those two. Yes, Therese wasn't perfect and she was out of line a lot of the time, but can you blame her? It's been obvious from the beginning Lauren wanted to be with Brad.

Yes, Amber put up with Brad living at their's for a bit, but if that was me and my kids dad was dead less than a year, I had moved in the one man they all felt threatened by and knew my kid wasn't 100% behind it, I'd tell him he couldn't stay!
He's an adult, he could figure something out. Amber was still grieving her dad, still dealing with the fallout of Daniel and Josh, still dealing with being pregnant, said baby being unwell and Lauren's main focus was Brad.
And if my other kid had a drinking problem, which got worse due to his fathers death, wild horses couldn't keep me from moving away to help him through everything.

I've said this time and time again, Matt was no angel before he died. Why wouldn't Lauren move on?

lizann
26-01-2016, 16:24
I've said this time and time again, Matt was no angel before he died. Why wouldn't Lauren move on?

therese and matt was right about lauren and brad though

lizann
26-01-2016, 16:24

Ruffed_lemur
26-01-2016, 16:30

Not sure they were. It developed more when Paige arrived, but that said Lauren and Matt's marriage was on the rocks after Matt's behaviour.

tammyy2j
26-01-2016, 18:55
Lauren keeping a portrait drawing of Brad wasn't easy for Matt

Dazzle
26-01-2016, 19:49

The problems in both the Willis and Turner marriages after they came to Ramsay Street all stem from the attraction between Lauren and Brad.

If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn the man who'd been a perfect husband for twenty years (and a problematic husband for only the last few months), consideration for her children's feelings should have stopped her moving on so quickly. Amber said herself that the relationship helped drive her and Matilda away.

This is not the behaviour of a loyal wife or good mother no matter how the writers try to spin it. They've given plenty enough reason for viewers to dislike Lauren and want her gone.

Ruffed_lemur
26-01-2016, 21:35

What was she supposed to do, destroy it? I always think that's childish behaviour. I'd rather keep the good memories.

Ruffed_lemur
26-01-2016, 21:39
The problems in both the Willis and Turner marriages after they came to Ramsay Street all stem from the attraction between Lauren and Brad.

If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn the man who'd been a perfect husband for twenty years (and a problematic husband for only the last few months), consideration for her children's feelings should have stopped her moving on so quickly. Amber said herself that the relationship helped drive her and Matilda away.

This is not the behaviour of a loyal wife or good mother no matter how the writers try to spin it. They've given plenty enough reason for viewers to dislike Lauren and want her gone.

I disagree. Bailey hated his Dad's behaviour towards the end too. I seem to recall Lauren trying to persuade him to remember the good things his Dad did.

Summer8
26-01-2016, 23:40

That's certainly the truth!!!! She has never been a bad mother, she hasn't put Brad before any of her kids at all,,, In fact she dumped him because of Amber and Matilda.....

Summer8
26-01-2016, 23:41

I don't get it??? when did she ever do that????

Summer8
26-01-2016, 23:44
To be a good mother to the kids who need her the most (Amber and Bailey are both still very young, and also grief-stricken and vulnerable). Don't forget that she dumped Brad a few weeks back, so why on earth didn't she permanently join Amber, Matilda and Bailey? Because the writers want to keep her in the show for Brad, of course. But they can't write a reason for her to stay that convinces me she's a good mother who's willing to put her kids' well-being first.

Maybe she felt she didn't need to,,, Amber only just left for gods sake and Bailey has been doing well so they keep saying.... Why shouldn't she stay around for Paige and her business????
Only for Brad??? I think Paige is a big reason they want her to stick around for also....

Summer8
26-01-2016, 23:51

I disagree!!!!! I never saw her wanting to be with Brad from the beginning!!!! Yes she always had a connection with Brad because of the child that she thought she lost and she was haunted by it.... And she did end up dumping Brad because of Amber and the whole mess.... I understand what you are saying about Bailey,,, but what if you finally got a daughter back that you thought you lost 20 years ago,,, could you just up and move away from her either??????? I wouldn't be able to....

Summer8
26-01-2016, 23:53

Exactly!!!! Lauren was devastated when Matt died.... but I suppose everyone thinks that its Laurens fault that Matt cheated also LOL

LollyCarpenter
26-01-2016, 23:54

It's a little simplistic to say that because Lauren had feelings for Brad she never loved Matt and didn't grieve for him. It is possible to love two people in two very different ways and one doesn't negate the other.

Same goes for Brad. He was the married family man in this situation he bears a responsibility to his wife and children to immediately put stop to any kind of attraction he may have to another woman no matter how strong it is. He made the decision to cheat and that's entirely on him.

As for Amber, her problems stemmed more from not being able to watch her mother move on with someone else other than her dad. At some stage Lauren would have more than likely fallen in love again and while it did seem quick due to the writers wanting to keep the storyline moving, Amber would have had to deal with it no matter who the person was.

Summer8
26-01-2016, 23:57
Not sure they were. It developed more when Paige arrived, but that said Lauren and Matt's marriage was on the rocks after Matt's behaviour.

Exactly - yes she still had feelings for Brad which were dormant, but were obviously awoken when they started looking for Paige... I never saw her flirting with him like some think though..... People have history,,, and this is a big piece of history to have.. I think they did their best with the information they had.... Their partners weren't to blame for their history but they also didn't help any either... Terese with her stuff and Matt with his cheating and plot losing in the end.....

Summer8
27-01-2016, 00:07

You see not everyone agrees with you..... It had nothing to do with the attraction between her and Brad... Maybe it was the fact that Lauren new and was haunted with the fact about the child she never told him about.... seeing him brought all of it back,,the dreams etc.... I think if she never had Paige nothing would of happened..I don't believe that's where the problems started at all.... I think the true reason the problems started was because there was a child out there and a secret not because of any feelings..... Lauren did love Matt it was so obvious.... yes her attraction to Brad was growing because of Paige and Matts behaviour but shes only human....its not like it is just a random guy that she felt attracted to.... Ambers main reason for moving away was for the perfect job opportunity not Brad for heavens sake.... Loyal wife you say?????? she didn't cheat with a stranger and run off with him.... Major history and kid with Brad and got caught up in old feelings which is what spurred on that kiss...... and she did dump Brad mainly for Amber and Matilda,,, Id say that's a good mother......

LollyCarpenter
27-01-2016, 00:11
That's certainly the truth!!!! She has never been a bad mother, she hasn't put Brad before any of her kids at all,,, In fact she dumped him because of Amber and Matilda.....

And took responsibility for the hurt she caused Terese's family by ending her relationship with Brad.

Exactly!!!! Lauren was devastated when Matt died.... but I suppose everyone thinks that its Laurens fault that Matt cheated also LOL

His debt and subsequent death were all Lauren's fault too, apparently.

I don't see Terese being justified in trying to get rid of Paige or attempting to ruin Lauren's business just to get even with her, both actions could have hurt a lot of people not just Lauren. Terese was hurting but that doesn't make destroying the lives of people who really had no part in her anger at Lauren and Brad right.

Summer8
27-01-2016, 00:11
I disagree. Bailey hated his Dad's behaviour towards the end too. I seem to recall Lauren trying to persuade him to remember the good things his Dad did.

Yes I recall that too, but most people tend to see the bad things Lauren has done..... no good at all.... I say go hard Lauren,,, you've lived some pretty bad heartache in your time... stand up and take the happiness :)

Dazzle
27-01-2016, 00:18
It's a little simplistic to say that because Lauren had feelings for Brad she never loved Matt and didn't grieve for him.

I didn't say that though. I said "If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn" him. That's completely different to saying she never loved Matt. I think he was her consolation prize (and he knew it). His death might have been painful for her but it didn't exactly shatter her, did it?

LollyCarpenter
27-01-2016, 00:23
I didn't say that though. I said "If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn" him. That's completely different to saying she never loved Matt. I think he was her consolation prize (and he knew it). His death might have been painful for her but it didn't exactly shatter her, did it?

I disagree, Lauren was shattered when Matt died. Yes Matt always knew she had strong feelings for Brad but she did love him very much too.

LollyCarpenter
27-01-2016, 00:23
double post

Summer8
27-01-2016, 00:32
And took responsibility for the hurt she caused Terese's family by ending her relationship with Brad.

I don't see Terese being justified in trying to get rid of Paige or attempting to ruin Lauren's business just to get even with her, both actions could have hurt a lot of people not just Lauren. Terese was hurting but that doesn't make destroying the lives of people who really had no part in her anger at Lauren and Brad right.

The whole thing I see here is,,, two people years ago having a connection, conceiving a child (unbeknown to one) and losing it... Moving on with their lives with other people creating families then coming back into the same vicinity of one another..... One of them remembering the child and yearning for that child, grief, heartache, after being around the father etc.... Then finding out that the child is alive brought back all of those feelings plus previous feelings of what if??? Then finally finding the child and reconnecting etc.... While still in love with their partners but through their own circumstances and brought up feelings and actions of their partners,,, their current families split... heartache all around..... But are they really bad people because of it, terrible mother, wife ???? Really?? I would say that Lauren had been to hell and back and did her damn best considering.......

Summer8
27-01-2016, 00:39

Well what is PROPERLY mourn him?? she probably still is in her own way....Just because she hasn't been wearing black and wearing a chastity belt up until now doesn't mean she hasn't/isn't mourning. You don't be with someone for that long and have a family with someone to just forget about them straight away.... Maybe the fact of Matts behaviour and cheating and her feelings for Brad have helped her move on..... but that's understandable... it doesn't take away the love she had for him...... I think it did shatter her to begin with.... I just think after some revelations it made it easier for her to move on...

Dazzle
27-01-2016, 00:45
You see not everyone agrees with you.....

Obviously lol, but plenty do! :p

Now who's being a little simplistic? :D

I disagree, Lauren was shattered when Matt died.

OK, I agree with you there. Lauren was shattered for all of a week or so...

---------

There were subtle hints between Brad and Lauren right from the beginning. They weren't flirting or pining after each other, but there was something between them that both Terese and Matt (and some of us viewers) picked up on (and it wasn't just their shared child, who Brad didn't even know had ever existed until much later).

They've hurt a lot of people unnecessarily, which Lauren has at least acknowledged to give her her due. I'm happy for them to leave Erinsborough and live happily ever after together.

--------

I think I've said all I'm going to on the subject of Brad and Lauren for now. They're definitely not worth the pain in my finger from typing all this on my phone! :lol:

LauBuch
27-01-2016, 19:10
I think some people need to calm down...
I was going to reply to some messages, but I'm scared I'll get shouted at for having an opinion :p

Ruffed_lemur
27-01-2016, 21:37
Well what is PROPERLY mourn him?? she probably still is in her own way....Just because she hasn't been wearing black and wearing a chastity belt up until now doesn't mean she hasn't/isn't mourning. You don't be with someone for that long and have a family with someone to just forget about them straight away.... Maybe the fact of Matts behaviour and cheating and her feelings for Brad have helped her move on..... but that's understandable... it doesn't take away the love she had for him...... I think it did shatter her to begin with.... I just think after some revelations it made it easier for her to move on...

Exactly. Most people would find it easier I'm sure.

Summer8
27-01-2016, 22:38
I think I've said all I'm going to on the subject of Brad and Lauren for now. They're definitely not worth the pain in my finger from typing all this on my phone! :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL, yes sometimes its like that with the whole show haha

Summer8
27-01-2016, 22:40
I think some people need to calm down...
I was going to reply to some messages, but I'm scared I'll get shouted at for having an opinion :p

Yes but Ive seen on here you've had an opinion pretty loud to ;)

Dazzle
27-01-2016, 23:31
I'm definitely not intending to restart the Brad/Lauren debate lol, but I was pleased during today's episode that they both expressed remorse that I found convincing (for the first time). That's all I wanted really. I've disliked them so much because I felt they've been written as if butter wouldn't melt, and also because it was implied Terese pushed Brad into Lauren's arms.

I softened a little towards them today. I'm not sure if that'll last lol, but it's possible I could grow to find them bearable. After all, I like soap characters who have done much worse than them. It's all in the writing (and the acting).

I'm determined not to be drawn into any more rows about them though! :nono: :p

Summer8
27-01-2016, 23:51
i'm determined not to be drawn into any more rows about them though! :nono: :p

lol

Dazzle
28-01-2016, 00:02
lol

:D

I thought I'd post since I had something different to say. The Brad/Lauren debate has been going round in circles for what seems like forever!

Ruffed_lemur
28-01-2016, 16:35
Hmmm now what was that someone said ( wrongly ) about Lauren "offering herself on a platter"? Terese sure did that today!

Ruffed_lemur
28-01-2016, 16:36

I thought I'd post since I had something different to say. The Brad/Lauren debate has been going round in circles for what seems like forever!

Not much different. Same subject!

Dazzle
28-01-2016, 17:01
Not much different. Same subject!

Different for me as formerly one of the most vociferous Lauren/Brad haters. I felt some positivity towards the pair for the first time in yesterday's episode.

Hmmm now what was that someone said ( wrongly ) about Lauren "offering herself on a platter"? Terese sure did that today!

I neither remember nor care any more if Lauren "offered herself up on a platter" to Brad (not a phrase I'd use anyway), but I do know Terese and Paul are both free agents so she did nothing wrong.

Ruffed_lemur
28-01-2016, 18:59
Different for me as formerly one of the most vociferous Lauren/Brad haters. I felt some positivity towards the pair for the first time in yesterday's episode.

I neither remember nor care any more if Lauren "offered herself up on a platter" (not a phrase I'd use anyway) to Brad, but I do know Terese and Paul are both free agents so she did nothing wrong.

I know she did nothing wrong, just surprised she did it. Seemed a bit cheap to me. I guess she just went for it though!

lizann
28-01-2016, 19:19

lauren offered herself to a married taken man and more than once offered, she's a hussy and brad a complete dick

Dazzle
28-01-2016, 20:54
I know she did nothing wrong, just surprised she did it. Seemed a bit cheap to me. I guess she just went for it though!

I don't see anything cheap about Terese instigating a sexual encounter between herself and Paul. Women have needs too! :p I'd want a bit of Paul if I were in Terese's shoes! :wub:

I'm just worried that she wasn't thinking straight and that she'll regret it. I wonder if Paul followed her "upstairs"? :D

Ruffed_lemur
28-01-2016, 23:40
lauren offered herself to a married taken man and more than once offered, she's a hussy and brad a complete dick

She didn't offer herself as bluntly as Terese did!

indigodance
29-01-2016, 13:23

But Lauren played a longer game of seduction as they were both in a relationship with their respective partners ..... Terese is now a free woman ..... she doesn't need to answer to Brad anymore .... I think the worst bit will her regrets as her kids wont like this at all.

indigodance
29-01-2016, 13:23

But Lauren played a longer game of seduction as they were both in a relationship with their respective partners ..... Terese is now a free woman ..... she doesn't need to answer to Brad anymore .... I think the worst bit will her regrets as her kids wont like this at all.

LollyCarpenter
29-01-2016, 14:05

Lauren never had any deliberate game plan or set out to try and seduce Brad. There were mutual unresolved feelings there which were only acted upon when they went looking for Paige and their past and what if's came to the surface that one night when they kissed.

LollyCarpenter
29-01-2016, 14:05

Lauren never had any deliberate game plan or set out to try and seduce Brad. There were mutual unresolved feelings there which were only acted upon when they went looking for Paige and their past and what if's came to the surface that one night when they kissed.

Josh seems to have come around to the idea of his dad and Lauren being together. I can't see Imogen being very happy, she's always been fiercely loyal to her mother.

LauBuch
29-01-2016, 19:09
Why are folk moaning that Therese made a move on Paul? At least she did it when she was single... :p

LollyCarpenter
29-01-2016, 19:36
Why are folk moaning that Therese made a move on Paul? At least she did it when she was single... :p

I quite like the idea of Terese and Paul as a couple. He already seems quite smitten with Terese's ....talents :p...even though it sounds like nothing much happened beyond some kissing.

LauBuch
29-01-2016, 19:40
I quite like the idea of Terese and Paul as a couple. He already seems quite smitten with Terese's ....talents :p...even though it sounds like nothing much happened beyond some kissing.

I'd personally prefer them not to as I like their friendship and how Terese isn't afraid to speak up to him! But if they get together, I wouldn't mind it! haha

Summer8
30-01-2016, 00:06

It certainly has, so its nice to see it put to rest :)

Summer8
30-01-2016, 00:08

Yes she did,,, but there was nothing wrong with that..... they are both single and unattached.... she did do it for the wrong reasons though......... and I still don't believe Lauren ever offered herself up on a platter to Brad :)

Summer8
30-01-2016, 00:10

Ohhh lord havn't we finished with this?????

indigodance
30-01-2016, 11:16
its getting boring now ... will they .... wont they ..... I wish they would bring in some more of the rest of the family/characters to freshen up some story lines ... Paige and Dimmyonto is just beyond a joke now... a real tough nut job would have done a lot worse to her to get revenge. Not sure what her wedding will bring ... hopefully and end to that story line.

tammyy2j
31-01-2016, 00:32

I think Lauren did have a game plan to snare Brad, she made sure she was always on hand to listen to him moan even though she was aware of Terese's paranoia of their closeness, she was always bumping into him etc., letting him store his art sculptor at her house, telling him visit Paige there anytime etc., Lauren knew what she was doing and what she wanted and that was Brad

Lauren should have kept distance between herself and Brad but she didn't, she knew the hurt she was causing to especially Terese who was her friend

Summer8
31-01-2016, 00:47
I think Lauren did have a game plan to snare Brad, she made sure she was always on hand to listen to him moan even though she was aware of Terese's paranoia of their closeness, she was always bumping into him etc., letting him store his art sculptor at her house, telling him visit Paige there anytime etc., Lauren knew what she was doing and what she wanted and that was Brad

Lauren should have kept distance between herself and Brad but she didn't, she knew the hurt she was causing to especially Terese who was her friend

Who cares now.... all of our thoughts have been said over and over,,, lets just let it be.....:)

tammyy2j
02-02-2016, 00:14
Who cares now.... all of our thoughts have been said over and over,,, lets just let it be.....:)

Are we not allowed to express her views and opinions anymore even if repetitive

If you don't want to post on the subject again you don't have too but don't knock anyone else who does

I have a hate hate relationship with the character Lauren :p

Summer8
03-02-2016, 13:50
Are we not allowed to express her views and opinions anymore even if repetitive

If you don't want to post on the subject again you don't have too but don't knock anyone else who does

I have a hate hate relationship with the character Lauren :p

its just the same old things being said.....over and over..... I think everyone gets it....

Sparklydee
07-02-2016, 10:16
I only have one thing to say, then I'm done with commenting on Brad/Lauren. I thought his "getting back together" speech the other day was cringeworthy-Fate has not been conspiring to bring them together "all their adult lives"! They met on a beach when they were 20, had a brief fling/relationship, then didn't clap eyes on each other for another 20 years when they were both back in Ramsay St. Then he said they'd both met "wonderful and interesting" people along the way but were now back where they belonged, or something to that effect-as if both of them being married for 20 years and having families was some kind of irrelevant deviation from the path to true love. Grrrr! 😁 anyway good luck to them all, Brad, Lauren and Terese, hope they can all move on with their lives and we can move onto more interesting storylines 😀

indigodance
07-02-2016, 11:47
I also thought it cringeworthy the speech about fate driving them back ... yuck ........ the original fling back 20 years ago was just that .... a quick sex session .... Brad was already involved with another females ... and more than one .... Then nothing else with Lauren. Lauren may have gone away pregnant from the fling but she kept it quite and never sought Brad out to let him know. If anything fate brought them back to face the consequences .... or should I say give the programme writers some sick way of keep reinventing the story line - the happy families bit just sucks and totally unrealistic. Really fed up dragging the story line out - partly because it the programme writers are fobbing the story line off as some long lost love reunited .... With all her kids moved out (from Matt) Lauren is lacking a story line and it seems this is the only way to keep Brad and Paige in the loop. Loopy is more what I would call it. Personally any woman should kick him in the n*ts and visit an STD clinic if he had been anywhere near them.

LauBuch
08-02-2016, 18:37
I LOVED Terese's snarky comment about Brad cheating, I was like "YAAAAS!"
Even the fans of Brad and Lauren can't deny his track record of cheating is not something to be proud of. I'd struggle to trust him...
"If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you" as the saying goes!

LauBuch
08-02-2016, 18:38
Was also sort of annoyed Lauren took the drawing of Matt down...
I know she's moving on (no matter how much I may dislike this whole storyline) it's not like having a picture of your dead husband who you were with for most of your adult life means you doubt things with Brad...

tammyy2j
08-02-2016, 23:23
I only have one thing to say, then I'm done with commenting on Brad/Lauren. I thought his "getting back together" speech the other day was cringeworthy-Fate has not been conspiring to bring them together "all their adult lives"! They met on a beach when they were 20, had a brief fling/relationship, then didn't clap eyes on each other for another 20 years when they were both back in Ramsay St. Then he said they'd both met "wonderful and interesting" people along the way but were now back where they belonged, or something to that effect-as if both of them being married for 20 years and having families was some kind of irrelevant deviation from the path to true love. Grrrr! 😁 anyway good luck to them all, Brad, Lauren and Terese, hope they can all move on with their lives and we can move onto more interesting storylines 😀

I hope Lauren, Brad and Paige move on with their lives far away from the street

I also didn't like Lauren taking down Matt's picture, I would think if ever any of her kids with Matt visit they would like to see their dad's picture in what was their family home at one time

LollyCarpenter
08-02-2016, 23:38
I hope Lauren, Brad and Paige move on with their lives far away from the street

I also didn't like Lauren taking down Matt's picture, I would think if ever any of her kids with Matt visit they would like to see their dad's picture in what was their family home at one time

I honestly don't see the problem with Lauren taking down Matt's picture, it doesn't mean she's just going to completely forget about him their life together and the 20 years they were married. It would seem more unusual if she kept up a picture of her late husband in a prominent place while wanting to start a fresh new chapter in her life with Brad. And the picture is still there not thrown away completely just moved to another room. Though I notice both are still wearing their wedding bands from their respective marriages.

LollyCarpenter
08-02-2016, 23:38
double

Dazzle
09-02-2016, 01:38

Good point about the kids.

I think it was a bad move by the writers to have Lauren take Matt's picture down. It seems out of character to me. She loved Matt and he was a huge part of her life, so I think she'd leave the drawing up out of fondness for him and respect for his memory. I don't think Brad would feel hurt by that. Many widowed people who remarry keep pictures of their departed loved ones in prominent places around the house.

Ruffed_lemur
09-02-2016, 16:35
I honestly don't see the problem with Lauren taking down Matt's picture, it doesn't mean she's just going to completely forget about him their life together and the 20 years they were married. It would seem more unusual if she kept up a picture of her late husband in a prominent place while wanting to start a fresh new chapter in her life with Brad. And the picture is still there not thrown away completely just moved to another room. Though I notice both are still wearing their wedding bands from their respective marriages.

Yes I agree about the picture. Lauren's starting a new chapter, and it's only been moved.

LauBuch
09-02-2016, 19:31
Yes I agree about the picture. Lauren's starting a new chapter, and it's only been moved.

To the one room no one will really go into.
Personally, if that was me and my dad had been dead less than a year, I go home to find a new man and my dads picture removed from plain sight, I'd be really annoyed. But that's just my opinion!

tammyy2j
10-02-2016, 11:12
To the one room no one will really go into.
Personally, if that was me and my dad had been dead less than a year, I go home to find a new man and my dads picture removed from plain sight, I'd be really annoyed. But that's just my opinion!

Josh mentioned Amber would not be happy, reason to explain why Lauren and Matt's kids don't visit her then

lizann
01-04-2016, 00:02
her talk to piper about brody why plus what a hypocrite "don't let a boy come between your family"

LauBuch
01-04-2016, 15:04
her talk to piper about brody why plus what a hypocrite "don't let a boy come between your family"

Ugh, I've not warmed up to her and Brad at all. For me, her and Brad just don't fit. I thought Therese and Brad made so much more sense, especially with their adorable date nights.

indigodance
03-04-2016, 15:35
I still feel there is more tension (not in a good way) between Brad and Lauren than there is between Brad and Terese ....

Ruffed_lemur
03-04-2016, 23:13
I still feel there is more tension (not in a good way) between Brad and Lauren than there is between Brad and Terese ....

No way! Brad and Lauren are far better together. Terese seems happier now too.

Vikki
03-04-2016, 23:56

I do wish Terese and Paul would get together. I think they make a great couple. I know it's probably not going to happen now

Vikki
03-04-2016, 23:56

I do wish Terese and Paul would get together. I think they make a great couple. I know it's probably not going to happen

Dazzle
04-04-2016, 00:57
I do wish Terese and Paul would get together. I think they make a great couple. I know it's probably not going to happen

I think it's definitely going to happen. We all know how soaps like to keep potential couples apart for as long as possible to ramp up the chemistry and keep us in suspense.

Vikki
04-04-2016, 17:11
I think it's definitely going to happen. We all know how soaps like to keep potential couples apart for as long as possible to ramp up the chemistry and keep us in suspense.

Yeah that's true

Vikki
04-04-2016, 17:11

Yeah that's true

Pantherboy
01-06-2020, 23:26
TVtonight.com.au article. Kate Kendall (who played Lauren Turner) to be a Neighbours producer:

Kate Kendall steps up as Neighbours producer

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/06/kate-kendall-steps-up-as-neighbours-producer.html

Former Neighbours actor Kate Kendall will become a Producer on the 10 Peach soap.

She steps in for Series Producer Natalie Lynch, who begins maternity leave.

Kendall has already been directing for the series, including the much-lauded Sonya / Toadie episode with Eve Morey’s farewell.

She first joined Neighbours in 2013 playing Lauren Turner, enjoying a 5 year run, but developed her TV directing skills on the Fremantle soap.

“They were finishing up with the character of Lauren, so in the last six months while I was acting, I started to direct little scenes here and there,” she tells TV Tonight.

“I’ve always been interested in storytelling, no matter from what perspective, whether it was directing or acting.

“I hadn’t really done it with the cameras. I’d told stories through one-woman shows and stuff like that. But I didn’t know the Technical, so it was really helpful to have a group of people who support you, and teach you everything they know.”

Now as a producer, alongside fellow producer Andrew Thompson, she is believed to be the show’s first Actor / Director / Producer. Her new role gives her greater oversight of the show which has won global praise for its pathway back to production during COVID-19.

“It’s trying to keep all the stories in your head. In serial television you’ve got to be across all the stories…. stories that are coming up in 10 weeks’ time, stories that we’re shooting now, any kind of big stories and stunts. Making sure that everybody’s happy and that it’s as good environment as it can be for to get the best outcomes from people,” she explains.

“I’m a very kind of collaborative person so the hard thing for me has been not being able to touch with people because of this Coronavirus. The communication over zoom is good to an extent but things get missed and I can articulate myself better talking to someone, than I can in an email.”

Filling Lynch’s boots may be a tall order. As Kendall explains, it was Lynch who was responsible for mapping out a plan to keep Neighbours in production -a model that is being replicated in various forms around the world.

“She left the building for two days and just put her head down and started drawing out a document to see how we could keep people employed in a safe way. We’re very blessed because we’ve got so much space. We’re all on site. We don’t have to go off-site to shoot locations and stuff. We’ve got our backlot here so it’s about minimising the risk,” Kendall continues.

“She put in place procedures that would mean if someone did have the virus or something, we’re three steps ahead of the game to shut it down.

“It was hard for the writers, because they had to change the way they were going to write scripts to a certain extent. Some characters just weren’t going to be seen on the same screen as other characters because we couldn’t have them crossing over. So that was really tough. But we’ve kind of found our feet with it, and we’re trying to ensure the integrity of the editorial content as much as possible.”

Neighbours has shot minimal scenes at its Pin Oak Court location, and there are no extras being incorporated. The pandemic has not been incorporated into storylines themselves, but there are glimpses here and there to reflect the “new normal.”

“There will probably be a hangover from it with things like hygiene. People will be going into Harold’s coffee shop and sanitising their hands. So we’re filling things like that into the fabric of the show.”

Jason Herbison, Executive Producer, welcomed Kendall’s new role and thanked Natalie Lynch for her progressive planning.

“Natalie been integral to keeping Neighbours running during Covid-19 and we all owe her a huge debt of gratitude,” he said. “I’m constantly learning from her and will miss her terribly when she’s away, but of course I’m thrilled that she’s adding to her beautiful family. Kate was a natural choice to step up to producing having extensive experience both sides of the camera, and along with Andrew Thompson, I’m confident the show is in very safe hands going forward.”

Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis) added, “Kate and I started on Neighbours at the same time, so personally I am just thrilled to see her progression. She has a unique insight to Neighbours from both the performance perspective and the intricacies of production through her directing – it’s a natural next step for her and I know the entire and cast and crew feel the same way.”

As for whether Kendall will return to acting on screen anytime soon, she merely teases, “I’d love to act again. Sometimes the best way for me to get back into acting is going through theatre. Because it gets you fit again.”
Neighbours airs 6:30pm weeknights on 10 Peach.