PDA

View Full Version : Ava Cross

Perdita
04-09-2012, 12:53
EastEnders bosses have today (September 4) confirmed the upcoming arrival of Cora Cross's long-lost daughter Ava.

As rumoured for a few days, actress Claire Perkins has been cast in the role of Ava, who makes her Walford debut later this year.

Back in July, viewers saw Cora's daughter Tanya find out about Ava, the sister she never knew she had. However, Cora later told Tanya that Ava tragically died just after being born.

Upcoming EastEnders episodes will see the revelation that Ava is in fact alive and well, which is likely to cause shockwaves on Albert Square.

However, firm details on how Ava makes her entrance and how Cora and Tanya will react are still being kept under wraps.

Following days of rumours among fans, EastEnders confirmed Perkins's casting to Digital Spy today.

The actress previously played the role of Denise Boulter on Channel 5 soap Family Affairs.

tammyy2j
04-09-2012, 12:55
I wonder is she also connected to Max's rumoured secret wife and child

Perdita
04-09-2012, 16:07
Picture of her

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/36/M/soaps_claire_perkin2.jpg

tammyy2j
04-09-2012, 16:11
That kinda explains her weird reaction to Patrick's courting her

Dutchgirl
05-09-2012, 10:59
Back in the days that would have been a difficult situation I presume.

tammyy2j
05-09-2012, 11:17
Back in the days that would have been a difficult situation I presume.

Yes I am looking forward to how it plays out Cora is a great character played brillantly by Ann Mitchell

jonks
13-10-2012, 09:37
Maybe its just me but does anyone else think that the daughter that Cora says died might be..............................

SHARON

it just the way that Sharon and Tanya are interacting with each other, I mean they didn't lure Letitia Dean back with.. come back we will make Sharon a pill popper...but they might have got her back with ...it going to turn out that Sharon is Tanya's sister and a pill popper.

Maybe I'm wrong(it wouldn't be like me), but does anyone else think this????

parkerman
13-10-2012, 09:47
She was born Sharon Stretton if that helps....

Also Cora's daughter was born in 1964 and Sharon was born in 1971.....

Perdita
13-10-2012, 11:06
There is a thread on her already : http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?135202-Ava-Cross&highlight=Cora%27s+daughter

parkerman
13-10-2012, 11:10
Thanks Perdy. I hadn't seen that. Anyway, I guess putting both things together I guess that means that no, Sharon is not Cora's third daughter...of course, she could be her fourth!

Perdita
06-11-2012, 05:47
Cora Cross has a huge confession to make as she opens up about her past on EastEnders next week.

The charity shop worker sparks concern among her loved ones as she starts behaving strangely in the coming days, and Patrick Trueman is her choice of confidante when she is unable to keep the truth to herself for any longer.

Patrick is intrigued when Cora (Ann Mitchell) appears to be in a downbeat mood on November 12, but the pieces of the puzzle start to fall together when she bakes a cake to mark the birthday of her first-born daughter Ava.

A distraught Cora is comforted by Patrick (Rudolph Walker) as she explains that she gave birth to Ava exactly 48 years ago.

Earlier this year, Cora told Tanya that Ava died shortly after being born, but as her conversation with Patrick progresses, it's clear that she was lying.

Cora informs Patrick that Ava didn't die at all - she put the newborn up for adoption as that was the way it had to be. Patrick is shellshocked to realise that Cora has another daughter out there, now known as Ava Hartman.

In the days that follow, Cora regrets being so candid with Patrick and shuts down any further discussion on the matter - but Tanya is worried over her mother's welfare as it's clear that she still has something on her mind.

Although he is reluctant to betray Cora's confidence, Patrick ultimately tells Tanya the truth about why her mum is struggling so much. How will Tanya react when she hears that Ava is still alive?

EastEnders airs these scenes next week on BBC One, while actress Clare Perkins will make her first appearance as Ava on November 20.

Perdita
06-11-2012, 14:58
EastEnders star Ann Mitchell has revealed that her character Cora Cross was "forced" to put her first-born daughter Ava up for adoption.

Back in the summer, Cora claimed that Ava died shortly after being born, but next week's episodes feature the big revelation that she was lying.

As first reported earlier today (November 6), Cora confides in Patrick Trueman by revealing that Ava is still alive.

Mitchell told Soaplife of the storyline: "The baby's father was black and he left Cora before he knew she was pregnant. She was 18 and unmarried, and at that time, having a baby in her situation was a social stigma. She was made to feel enormous shame by her parents, who forced her to give the baby up for adoption."

On why Cora kept quiet for so long, the actress continued: "It's partly through an enormous sense of guilt, and to keep things as safe and uncomplicated as they could be."

EastEnders bosses have already confirmed that Clare Perkins (pictured left) has been cast as Ava, who arrives on screen on November 20.

Mitchell added: "It's going to be mayhem. The implications will be huge. The family will want answers, and I'm sure we won't be seeing the back of Ava."

lizann
06-11-2012, 19:04
I wonder is she also connected to Max's rumoured secret wife and child

yes she could be connected with who max is paying the money to didnt he hurt or kill someone while with derek?

Perdita
06-11-2012, 19:40
More details have emerged today (November 6) of the first EastEnders scenes featuring Cora Cross's long-lost daughter Ava.

Spoiler fans will already know that Cora (Ann Mitchell) confesses Ava is still alive next week during a heart-to-heart with Patrick Trueman, who later shares the bombshell news with a shocked Tanya.

Learning from Patrick that her half-sister now goes by the name of Ava Hartman, Tanya (Jo Joyner) uses the internet to find out any information she can about her.

When Tanya locates an Ava with the correct name and date of birth, she makes the massive decision to book an appointment with her at the school where Ava works.

Tanya comes face-to-face with Ava (pictured right) the next day, using the excuse that she wants to enrol Oscar at the school. She finds herself getting along well with her secret sibling, but struggles to keep up the charade and makes an escape before the meeting is over.

Just when it seems that Tanya has decided to leave the situation well alone, a confused Ava discovers that her visitor has accidentally left her purse behind at the school… As a result, it looks like Ava could be heading for the Square to return it!

As announced in September, actress Clare Perkins has been cast as Ava. Her first scenes air on Tuesday, November 20.

Perdita
13-11-2012, 08:41
EastEnders star Ann Mitchell has revealed that character Cora Cross will face "mayhem" over Christmas.

Speaking to Soaplife, the actress spoke of Cora's "utter shock" of reuniting with long-lost daughter Ava (Claire Perkins).

"Yes, it's going to be mayhem. The implications will be huge," she declared. "The family will want answers, and I'm sure we won't be seeing the back of Ava!"

Cora's other daughter Tanya will successfully track down Ava next Tuesday (November 20), after the Branning matriarch found out from Patrick Trueman that she was still alive.

Explaining her decision to tell friend Patrick, Mitchell added: "She and Patrick have a very strong bond. It comes out when he finds her baking a cake for Ava's 48th birthday.

"It takes a huge amount of trust for her to tell him the truth about the baby - then he betrays her by telling Tanya!"

Perdita
13-11-2012, 18:25
EastEnders star Ann Mitchell has said that she wants Ava Hartman's father to be introduced to the soap.

The actress's character Cora Cross is in for a shock next week when Ava - her long-lost daughter - turns up on Albert Square after being tracked down by Tanya.

Ava's arrival in Walford comes following Cora's confession that she put her first-born child up for adoption, rather than Ava (Clare Perkins) dying as she had originally claimed.

Discussing the pair's surprise meeting next week, Mitchell told Inside Soap: "It's very important to [Cora] that her daughter knows it wasn't just some one-night stand. Cora loved Ava's father, though she never told him she was pregnant. She loved him but it just ended, like some relationships do."

She continued: "I'd love the writers to bring in Ava's long-lost father. I have suggested it, and in the world of Facebook and social networking, it's entirely possible that people can reconnect.

"What happens with human beings is that sometimes when you are young, you have a great love and later on compromise with the partner you choose - but that first great love never leaves you."

Mitchell also confirmed that there are interesting times ahead for Cora's relationship with Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker).

She explained: "There's a story coming up that I can't say too much about, but it involves Patrick needing to be looked after and Cora stepping in. It'll be interesting to see where that goes for the two of them."

Perdita
13-11-2012, 18:26
EastEnders star Ann Mitchell has said that she wants Ava Hartman's father to be introduced to the soap.

The actress's character Cora Cross is in for a shock next week when Ava - her long-lost daughter - turns up on Albert Square after being tracked down by Tanya.

Ava's arrival in Walford comes following Cora's confession that she put her first-born child up for adoption, rather than Ava (Clare Perkins) dying as she had originally claimed.

Discussing the pair's surprise meeting next week, Mitchell told Inside Soap: "It's very important to [Cora] that her daughter knows it wasn't just some one-night stand. Cora loved Ava's father, though she never told him she was pregnant. She loved him but it just ended, like some relationships do."

She continued: "I'd love the writers to bring in Ava's long-lost father. I have suggested it, and in the world of Facebook and social networking, it's entirely possible that people can reconnect.

"What happens with human beings is that sometimes when you are young, you have a great love and later on compromise with the partner you choose - but that first great love never leaves you."

Mitchell also confirmed that there are interesting times ahead for Cora's relationship with Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker).

She explained: "There's a story coming up that I can't say too much about, but it involves Patrick needing to be looked after and Cora stepping in. It'll be interesting to see where that goes for the two of them."

Perdita
13-03-2013, 17:52
EastEnders star Clare Perkins has warned that her character Ava Hartman might be wasting her time by getting friendly with Billy Mitchell.

Next week's episodes see Billy (Perry Fenwick) take a romantic interest in Ava, trying to impress her by fixing a scratch on her car.

However, Perkins told Inside Soap that she believes any relationship between the pair would be doomed to fail.

Perkins explained: "Ava has been by herself a long while, and I think she can't be bothered with relationships. But as the years go on and her son Dexter is growing up, she's thinking, 'Oh! I haven't got anybody'. So when she realises that Billy fancies her, she thinks, 'Why not? Let's just see what happens!'"

She continued: "It'll never work! Billy's really sweet and loveable, but he's kind of a loser! Ava's a teacher, so in terms of who he is and who she is, it just wouldn't gel."

The actress also confirmed that Ava and Dexter will soon move into a flat on Albert Square, making them more prominent characters in the show.

She said: "Khali Best, who plays Dexter, and I were in our flat this week and we were really excited! I love Ava's kitchen - there are things in there that I really want for myself. In fact, I keep thinking it's a lot nicer than my place!"

Ava was introduced to EastEnders late last year as the long-lost daughter of Cora Cross.

On their chances of becoming friendly, Perkins concluded: "Ava and Cora are two completely different people, and trying to build a relationship now is difficult. I can see it getting easier. But I don't think Ava likes Cora very much, even though she wants to."

tammyy2j
13-03-2013, 19:45
^ I thought she might get with Phil

Perdita
14-03-2013, 06:29
Give her time ...

Perdita
24-03-2013, 16:15
EastEnders star Clare Perkins has praised the soap for tackling the issue of street gangs.

The actress, who plays Ava Hartman, explained that she personally relates to the storyline because she has known victims of gang violence.

"I've always lived in London, and there have been times when it felt like you were waking up every day to the news that another young person had been stabbed," Perkins told The Sun.

"I have known youngsters who have lost their lives. I don't want to get too personal about it, but it is something that I'm passionate about. It's just senseless.

"I think it's really important for EastEnders to raise the issue of gangs."

Perkins has just had her EastEnders contract extended for another six months.

She added: "I feel really settled in. I've really bonded with Khali Best, who plays Ava's son Dexter. We have such a laugh - I call him son and he calls me mum!

"It's also been great to work with Patsy Palmer [Bianca] on this storyline. Patsy is nothing like Bianca at all, she's really sweet and really funny."

lizann
03-05-2013, 00:29
i like ava but if she don't want anything to do with cora why move into the square then

Perdita
25-06-2013, 21:41
EastEnders actress Clare Perkins has admitted that she isn't optimistic over her character Ava Hartman's future with Sam James.

Ava has recently reignited her relationship with ex-partner Sam (Cornell S John), who walked out of their family home years ago but now wants another chance.

However, Perkins told Inside Soap: "If that were me, it wouldn't be all that easy to walk back into my life. Sam didn't even call or email - he literally just turned up on the doorstep after walking out on her two decades ago!

"If I were Ava's friend, I'd say she was crazy to forgive him like that. There's bound to be some kind of upset - something else is going to happen, isn't it? So I really don't think she should be with him."

Perkins added that she would like to see Ava get along better with her mother Cora Cross (Ann Mitchell), who gave her up when she was a baby.

The pair clash again next week when Cora urges Ava to tell son Dexter the truth about her romance with Sam.

Perkins said: "The ongoing relationship between Ava and Cora is nice. They're both living in Albert Square now, so it's kind of ridiculous that they're still playing this cat-and-mouse game, with one of them being nice, and the other refusing the invitation and pretending that they're not bothered.

"It's quite unhealthy for both of them to not be exploring their many issues, so I think it would be a good thing to see their relationship blossoming."

parkerman
26-06-2013, 06:25
"I think it would be a good thing to see their relationship blossoming."

I think it would be a good thing if she actually attended the school where she is supposed to be the headteacher once in a while.

Perdita
17-09-2013, 21:06
EastEnders star Clare Perkins has admitted that she can understand her character Ava Hartman's reluctance in the soap's upcoming transplant storyline.

Ava has huge reservations next week as her son Dexter (Khali Best) vows to donate a kidney to his father Sam James (Cornell S John), who needs a transplant urgently.

However, Perkins told Inside Soap that she finds it easy to relate to Ava's fears.

She explained: "For me there would be no contest - I'd be like Ava and say, 'No way are you having his kidney!' Transplants aren't easy things, even if everyone thinks they are. If you have an organ transplant from someone, you then have to take medicine for the rest of your life. It's not like you can go on and live a normal life."

Condemning Sam's past mistakes, Perkins added: "He walked out on Ava when their baby was three months old - and then had the cheek to knock on the door 20 years later. If I were Ava, I'd never let a man like Sam in!"

The actress also said that she never feels complacent about her role on the BBC show.

She commented: "As an actor, you never know how long a job like this will last. I feel like I've settled in, but I can't sit back and think, 'That's it'. I want to do a really good job. I've just been making the most out of all the wonderful stuff we've been given to play."

lizann
24-09-2013, 19:38
ava and sam are leaving

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a518114/eastenders-exits-for-sam-james-ava-hartman.html

lizann
24-09-2013, 19:38
ava and sam are leaving

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a518114/eastenders-exits-for-sam-james-ava-hartman.html

tammyy2j
24-09-2013, 22:14
ava and sam are leaving

EastEnders characters Sam James and Ava Hartman will both be leaving the soap later this year, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The Walford couple, played by Cornell S John and Clare Perkins, will bow out on screen as the Hartman family's ongoing transplant storyline reaches its natural conclusion.

Recent episodes of the BBC One show have seen Sam tell his loved ones that he is seriously ill and urgently needs a kidney transplant.

Viewers will soon see his son Dexter make the life-changing decision to help out by donating a kidney.

Digital Spy understands that the story always had a definitive ending planned which would lead to the departures of Sam and Ava.

An EastEnders insider revealed: "The conclusion of the Sam storyline was planned many months ago. Since taking over last month, new executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins is continuing the story as it was originally mapped out."

Dexter, played by Khali Best, will be staying in the programme despite the departures of his on-screen parents.

Perkins joined EastEnders in September last year and appeared on screen from November, when her character was introduced as Cora Cross's long-lost daughter.

The casting of Cornell S John as Sam was confirmed in April and his first scenes aired a month later.

Earlier today, it was confirmed that the characters of AJ Ahmed, Carl White, Kirsty Branning and Poppy Meadow will also be leaving EastEnders.

tammyy2j
24-09-2013, 22:14

Brucie
25-09-2013, 11:08
Good news that the Sam, Ava, Kirsty and Carl characters have been binned off! Shame they couldn't have come up with proper storylines for AJ and Poppy, though, - at least they have a bit of life in them and are generally optimistic characters.

tammyy2j
25-09-2013, 16:27
Ava and Dexter were good additions at the start not now since Sam joined plus she has no scenes with Cora her mother anymore, I was hoping their relationship would be explored more