PDA

View Full Version : Summer Hoyland leaves

Perdita
03-09-2012, 09:29
Neighbours star Jordy Lucas has announced that she is leaving the soap.

The actress, who plays young journalist Summer Hoyland, will film exit scenes in the coming weeks ahead of an on-screen departure in early 2013.

Confirming the news, Lucas told TV Week: "I've had a fantastic three years at Neighbours, and I am really looking forward to what my future has to offer."

Meanwhile, writing on her Twitter page today (September 3), the 20-year-old told fans: "Yes, I am leaving Neighbours. It's been three wonderful and happy years of my life. I couldn't be more grateful. Who knows what lies ahead!"

Australian viewers will see Summer leave screens in January 2013, with her final scenes airing a few weeks later on Channel 5 in the UK.

Lucas joined Neighbours in late 2009 after show bosses decided to recast the role of Summer. Marisa Siketa had previously played the part on and off between 2002 and 2007.

domsgizmo
03-09-2012, 11:21
Thank God, I hope she gets killed off.

Perdita
03-09-2012, 12:22
Neighbours bosses have revealed that Summer Hoyland will have a new romance before she departs Ramsay Street.

Earlier today (September 3), Jordy Lucas - who plays Summer - announced that she will be leaving the soap in the coming weeks. Her final scenes will air in early 2013.

Show chiefs have now confirmed that life will be far from quiet for Summer before she makes her exit.

An official statement on Channel 5's Neighbours website explained: "The drama isn't over just yet - Jordy's exit storyline is set to raise a few eyebrows, with Summer finding herself embroiled in a romance that will test her moral compass."

More details on the final storyline are expected to be disclosed later in the year.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

N.Fan
03-09-2012, 16:37
I can't say I will miss Summer,I preffered the origional actor who played her.

Ruffed_lemur
03-09-2012, 17:03
I shall miss her. Hope she gets a happy ending.

lizann
03-09-2012, 21:50
Let her take Tash, Kate, and Vanessa with her PLZ

tammyy2j
04-09-2012, 16:25
No happy ending for and Andrew so

LostVoodoo
05-09-2012, 13:15
Aw, I like Summer and will miss her. Although her character doesn't seem like someone who would hang around in suburban Ramsey St forever. I bet she gets a job on a newspaper somewhere, but this new relationship is also intriguing.

Samma
06-09-2012, 10:10
I'm gonna miss Summer!! :(

N.Fan
07-09-2012, 15:23
Aw, I like Summer and will miss her. Although her character doesn't seem like someone who would hang around in suburban Ramsey St forever. I bet she gets a job on a newspaper somewhere, but this new relationship is also intriguing.

Yeah the actress who plays Summer has probably got more chance of getting a job on a newspaper that what she has getting another acting job.:)

Perdita
21-09-2012, 13:51
Neighbours star Jordy Lucas has filmed her final scenes for the soap.

The actress, who announced her decision to leave earlier this month, bowed out from the role of Summer Hoyland this week after three years in the part.

Lucas told fans on Twitter today (September 21): "Have said goodbye to my friend Summer. Now preparing to board a plane to a wonderful place tomorrow. I'm excited!!!"

Meanwhile, Lucas's former co-star Gemma Pranita - who recently left the role of Jade Mitchell - tweeted: "And that's a wrap for the beautiful @jordy3392. Sending her love as she bids farewell to Summer Hoyland."

Neighbours bosses have promised that the build-up to Summer's exit will involve "a romance that will test her moral compass".

Early reports have suggested that Summer's new man will be older guy Bradley Fox (Aaron Jeffery), the tough new deputy editor at the Erinsborough News who is already on screen in Australia.

Lucas joined Neighbours in late 2009 after show chiefs decided to recast the role of Summer. Marisa Siketa had previously played the part on and off between 2002 and 2007.

Perdita
21-09-2012, 13:51
Neighbours star Jordy Lucas has filmed her final scenes for the soap.

The actress, who announced her decision to leave earlier this month, bowed out from the role of Summer Hoyland this week after three years in the part.

Lucas told fans on Twitter today (September 21): "Have said goodbye to my friend Summer. Now preparing to board a plane to a wonderful place tomorrow. I'm excited!!!"

Meanwhile, Lucas's former co-star Gemma Pranita - who recently left the role of Jade Mitchell - tweeted: "And that's a wrap for the beautiful @jordy3392. Sending her love as she bids farewell to Summer Hoyland."

Neighbours bosses have promised that the build-up to Summer's exit will involve "a romance that will test her moral compass".

Early reports have suggested that Summer's new man will be older guy Bradley Fox (Aaron Jeffery), the tough new deputy editor at the Erinsborough News who is already on screen in Australia.

Lucas joined Neighbours in late 2009 after show chiefs decided to recast the role of Summer. Marisa Siketa had previously played the part on and off between 2002 and 2007.

Perdita
01-10-2012, 16:19
Neighbours star Jordy Lucas has revealed details of how Summer Hoyland's new romance storyline begins.

As previously reported, Summer will embark on a relationship with new Erinsborough News recruit Bradley Fox in the build-up to her upcoming departure from Ramsay Street.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/26/300x225/aaron-jeffery.jpg
© Channel 5

The pair work well together as colleagues, but friendship turns to passion when Summer kisses Bradley as they attend a trivia night at Charlie's Bar.

Lucas told TV Week: "Summer's had a few drinks, so she does have a bit of Dutch courage when she plants a kiss on him. She immediately regrets it and starts apologising, only for Bradley to suddenly kiss her back.

"Summer's been with Andrew before, but this is a grown man. It does get pretty steamy between them pretty quickly. He says all the right things and makes Summer feel like such a woman."

Aaron Jeffery, who plays Bradley, added that his character sees no problem with having a much younger love interest.

He said: "Bradley doesn't see anything wrong with having a romantic relationship with Summer. He feels that they are both consenting adults and they're attracted to each other. The way he sees it, this is fun and harmless - no-one is getting hurt."

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and in November on Channel 5 in the UK.

Perdita
04-10-2012, 12:34
This is a first look at the moment Neighbours' Summer shares a kiss with newcomer Bradley.

Bradley Fox arrived in Ramsay Street as the deputy editor for the Erinsborough News.

There is an instant attraction between young intern Summer Hoyland and Bradley, who is 20 years her senior.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/40/618x1010/neighbours-summer-and-bradley.jpg
© Channel 5

Jordy Lucas, who plays Summer, explained of the fling: "It's almost like a hero worship thing as far as Summer is concerned."

Lucas, who is making her on-screen exit in the next few weeks, recently divulged details of her departing plot.

Neighbours fans in the UK can see the romance develop from Tuesday, October 16.

tammyy2j
04-10-2012, 13:09
Looks very old for Summer

kayuqtuq
04-10-2012, 14:31
Glad to see the back of Summer, she gets on my nerves!

Perdita
08-10-2012, 16:58
Neighbours star Jordy Lucas has confirmed that she is hoping to pursue US roles following her recent departure from the soap.

The 20-year-old actress filmed her final scenes as Summer Hoyland last month and will make her on-screen exit in early 2013.

Speaking in a new interview with TV Week, Lucas revealed that her US ambitions were the main factor behind her decision to leave Ramsay Street.

She commented: "I think I'm at the perfect age. Margot Robbie's a good example - she went over at 20 and it just felt like it was the perfect time for her. I think I'm at the age now where I can also go over there and give it a really good shot."

Lucas admitted that she will particularly miss working with Jackie Woodburne and Alan Fletcher, who play Susan and Karl Kennedy.

She said: "I'll really miss Jackie and Fletch. Jackie's the funniest, most down-to-earth woman, and Fletch looked after us all so well. I'll miss everyone - the whole group."

Perdita
27-10-2012, 07:44
Over on Neighbours, Summer Hoyland gives into her attraction to Bradley Fox as they spend time together outside of work.

Summer (Jordy Lucas) is thrilled next month as Susan Kennedy agrees to appoint Bradley as her mentor. However, she is surprised when Bradley's first piece of advice is that she needs a life outside of work.

Taking this on board, Summer heads out to a trivia night at Charlie's Bar with Bradley (Aaron Jeffery) - and he begins to see her in a different light as she shows a more fun and spontaneous side to her personality.

Leaving Charlie's later, the pair walk home together and when Summer makes a move on her mentor, she is delighted as he responds…

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, November 7 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Perdita
27-10-2012, 07:44
Over on Neighbours, Summer Hoyland gives into her attraction to Bradley Fox as they spend time together outside of work.

Summer (Jordy Lucas) is thrilled next month as Susan Kennedy agrees to appoint Bradley as her mentor. However, she is surprised when Bradley's first piece of advice is that she needs a life outside of work.

Taking this on board, Summer heads out to a trivia night at Charlie's Bar with Bradley (Aaron Jeffery) - and he begins to see her in a different light as she shows a more fun and spontaneous side to her personality.

Leaving Charlie's later, the pair walk home together and when Summer makes a move on her mentor, she is delighted as he responds…

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, November 7 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

N.Fan
27-10-2012, 15:47
I thought Summer was a bit too young for Bradley,he looks almost about twice her age.

Perdita
27-10-2012, 17:04
I thought Summer was a bit too young for Bradley,he looks almost about twice her age.

that is because he is

Perdita
27-10-2012, 17:04