PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Connor

alan45
30-08-2012, 02:08
Coronation Street returnee Ryan Connor remains at the forefront of Weatherfield's biggest dramas in the coming days as he causes yet more anxiety for Michelle.

As reported at the weekend, Ryan breaks into Underworld to steal cash this Sunday (September 2) - but his plan goes horribly wrong when Rob Donovan (Marc Baylis) arrives and goes on the attack - failing to realise who the burglar is.

Following a trip to the hospital, Ryan vows to get back on the straight and narrow at last - but he soon manages to cause a stir once again by striking up an unlikely romance with Tracy Barlow!

Digital Spy recently caught up with Sol Heras, who plays Ryan, to hear more about what's ahead for his troubled character in the next few weeks.

Why does Ryan resort to the desperate measure of stealing from the factory?
"I think it's because Ryan's at a bit of a loose end in life. Obviously he's got a problem with drugs at the moment, so he needs money to feed that habit whenever he can. For Ryan, I think drugs are a form of escapism - he just wants to get away from his mundane life.

"Ryan hasn't got much money himself and everyone seems to be against him, so this is his last resort. He knows there's money at Underworld, he knows that he can get it - and he's willing to take it."

Doesn't Ryan feel guilty about stealing from Michelle's place of work?
"It's similar to when he faked the injury at the factory not so long ago - he thinks that it's all covered by insurance, so they'll be able to recoup the money as long as he's not caught. For that reason, he doesn't really feel too guilty, because he doesn't think it will directly affect the relationship he has with his family.

"Ryan has no idea that Rob will catch him red-handed - that's not his intention! He assumes that he'll get away with it and he'll be fine."

Did the scene where Rob hits Ryan over the head take much preparation to make sure you weren't hurt?
"Well, they've obviously got all of the professionals to work their way around it, while making sure that it still looks as realistic as possible. There were pads for the head so that Marc could strike me, and they also had practice for Marc beforehand. So that was all taken care of very well!"

At the hospital, Ryan threatens to report Rob for GBH! Is this a serious threat, or is he just bluffing?
"I think that's just Ryan being an idiot, like he's been ever since he returned! Ryan has been caught in the act, but with the way his mindset is at the moment, the first thing he thinks of is to go on the offensive and pass the blame.

"Ryan does say that he wants to talk to the police and threatens Rob with a GBH charge. This is just the way he is at the moment, but he doesn't really want to follow through with charges. He knows in his own mind that he is totally to blame, so trying to get Rob in trouble for it just wouldn't work!"

Is Ryan becoming addicted to the drugs?
"Ryan has gone away to university and picked up this little habit - he's used it as a social thing and it's helped his confidence. Now that he's been kicked out of university, he's carrying on with it as it's the lifestyle that he's used to. He's not necessarily an addict, he's just a naïve, stupid boy at the moment."

Ryan seems ready to change his ways following the factory incident, but should we really believe him?
"After everything that's happened with the break-in and getting caught, I think there's a part of Ryan that genuinely means it. But I think there's always a chance that he'll slip back into his old ways at some point! I don't think he's 100% apologetic for what he's done - he's just saying what people want to hear at the moment."

Is that why Ryan gets a job at the kebab shop?
"Yeah, it's a way for him to carry on making money, but also to keep Michelle and Steve both happy. So he's got a job, it's easy enough and he's got a bit of cash coming in now."

How does Ryan feel when Tracy Barlow becomes his new co-worker?
"Well, Tracy Barlow is the Weatherfield psycho! But I think he puts that aside and sees her as an older woman who's very attractive. She's also got a bit of a bad track record, so I think Ryan sees her as a bit of a comrade in his destruction of his home town!

"The flirtatious aspect of their relationship encourages him to become friends with Tracy and see what happens. He's just out to see what he can get!"

Who does the chasing as the relationship blossoms?
"It's definitely Tracy who's going to be doing the chasing, and Ryan's a bit like a fish in a barrel - but he doesn't realise that! He's up for a good time, and that's what he sees it as - he doesn't see any ulterior motives for why she's doing it. He also knows that it's going to annoy his mum, and that's fun for him as well."

Could Tracy be a bad influence on Ryan?
"Well, she's not looking for anything solid - she just wants to annoy Michelle and Steve. I don't think she's looking to make Ryan worse than he is, but she does want to manipulate him to get what she wants."

We've seen a few scenes recently where Michelle has been screaming at Ryan. Is it the same when she finds out about his new romance?
"Michelle can see what Tracy is up to, and for that reason, she's got more of an issue now with Tracy and what she might be planning. So her main problem is with Tracy, rather than Ryan!"

How have you found working with Kate Ford, who plays Tracy, on the storyline?
"With every single day and every single scene we have, there's never a dull moment with Kate! She is an absolutely brilliant person, she's absolutely lovely and wouldn't hurt a fly. But she's also quite a kooky girl who keeps things fun, so that really helps to make sure there's a great atmosphere on set."

What was your reaction when you found out that Ryan would date an older woman? Were you excited or slightly apprehensive?
"I think you're always a bit apprehensive when it comes to new relationship scenes, but the most awkward time is always just when the rehearsal starts and you do the first kiss.

"You wonder if it's going to be awkward, but literally the second after you finish the first rehearsal, it's fine and you can sit there and laugh about it."

We've heard that you've been filming some scenes with the wider Barlow family - Anne Kirkbride and Bill Roache. How have you found working with such established cast members?
"Yeah, there are some scenes coming up with me at the Barlow house. Just to be in the same room as Ken and Deirdre, who I've watched all of my life on the show, is incredible. It took me a couple of scenes to relax into it, but you have to calm yourself down and forget about that, so that you can get on with the scene."

You've been on screen for a month and a half now. Are you getting recognised quite a bit when you're out and about, or is it still early days?
"It depends where you go, really. If you go to certain places like into the city centre on a busy Friday night, all it takes is for one person to recognise you and then spread that they've seen someone from Corrie! That obviously encourages others to come and spot you as well, but I don't really go into city centres at night very often, so it hasn't been too bad."

Obviously Ryan is a very troubled character, but are there any ways you can relate to him, or any similarities you both share?
"I think every person can relate to Ryan in some small way. As you go through high school, college and university, those years develop the rest of your life and you change so much. I can look back at high school when I was maybe trying to find out who I was, and trying to seem confident and cool.

"You look back and cringe now, but that's what everyone's like and that's how you develop through life. Ryan's obviously taken a bad route and got himself involved in drugs now. I think everyone goes through the stage of trying to become a certain person, but then realising that's not right for you and just being comfortable with yourself."

Will Ryan and Sophie's friendship be explored more?
"Yeah, definitely. There'll be more stuff coming up for those two, which is nice. That's been good to play so far, and we're just getting into that more at the moment."

Are you hoping that Ryan keeps his bad boy ways for a while, or are you keen to show another side to him?
"Well, I've been filming for about three months now, and it's a lot of fun to be the antagonistic character who causes trouble. But I think it's also nice to show diversity a little bit, and there will hopefully be some stuff coming up where you see that Ryan has got more of a heart.

"For the time being, though, I'm more than happy to play whatever they give me - it's just an honour to be here!"

tammyy2j
12-07-2013, 16:10
Coronation Street actor Sol Heras has predicted that his character Ryan Connor will be looking for a new love interest in the coming weeks.

On Wednesday evening, viewers saw Ryan's relationship with Katy Armstrong (Georgia May Foote) end acrimoniously after she found him flirting with another woman at a bar.

With Katy now aware that she made a terrible mistake by succumbing to Ryan's charms, it seems doubtful that the couple will ever get back together.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the Infiniti Gate Experience last night, Heras said of Ryan's future: "I'm sure Ryan will always be on the lookout for a new lady, but I don't know what's going to happen next.

"It's pretty plain to see that Ryan and Katy don't have a future. It's all come to an end. I think with my character Ryan, a long romance is never going to happen. He's just such an arsehole to everyone. He can't keep friends, girlfriends or family happy.

"I think he's going to give it his best to find a new woman, though - he'll go for anyone!"

Heras added that he is also looking forward to sharing scenes with Beverley Callard, who is returning as Liz McDonald.

With Liz expected to feature in a big storyline for Steve and Michelle, Ryan is bound to cross paths with the Weatherfield favourite.

Heras added: "I can't wait. She's a fantastic actress and it's going to be a pleasure to hopefully get some scenes and some stuff to do with her."

Perdita
21-07-2013, 18:24
Coronation Street actor Sol Heras has quit the show.

The 25-year-old's final scenes as Ryan Connor will air on ITV at the end of the summer, according to the Daily Star.

Heras joined the soap in July 2012, replacing Ben Thompson as Michelle Connor's son.

Ryan will reportedly realise that there is no reason to stay in Weatherfield after being dumped by girlfriend Katy Armstrong. He then receives a job offer as a DJ in Ibiza and decides to leave the Street behind.

Heras said of Kym Marsh, who plays his on-screen mum: "[She] is one of my best friends on the show. She took me under her wing and we've become best friends.

"She's ace, we talk all the time. And with Ryan being Michelle's son there's a chance he could come back."

Heras also revealed that he has been receiving abuse from soap fans after his character broke up Chesney and Katy's relationship, before treating her poorly.

He said: "I get a lot of people shouting at me asking why I'm so mean to Chesney.

"Guys congratulate me on having a gorgeous girlfriend but other people moan and say I should leave her alone."

8105: Katy tells Ryan she's quitting her job to focus on getting her family back on track and can't see him anymore
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/15/618x413/soaps-corrie-8105-3.jpg
© ITV
Katy tells Ryan she's quitting her job

He added: "I was on a golf course recently and the lady behind the bar refused to serve me.

"She said, 'You're an arsehole. I can't serve you'. She said what I'd done to Chesney and Katy was awful.

"But as an actor that's the kind of reaction you want and I've been lucky to have so many different storylines."

Heras recently revealed that he wants his character to redeem himself in the soap.

flappinfanny
21-07-2013, 18:47
theres only tommy ducky left. more eye candy needed on corrie. if they can act that is also a brucie bonus. :p

tammyy2j
22-07-2013, 13:55
Terrible recast and boring character so no loss for me

lizann
22-07-2013, 21:50
let him take katy and his mother michelle with him please

LostVoodoo
23-07-2013, 11:15
Good, he's been written as such a horrible, annoying person and viewers don't like that, despite him being vaguely good looking.

Perdita
06-02-2018, 12:25
Coming back according to Sharon Marshall on This Morning

Perdita
07-02-2018, 20:53
Coronation Street is bringing back Ryan Connor for big Michelle storyline

Coronation Street is bringing back Ryan Connor as the show revisits Michelle's historical baby swap storyline.

Michelle (Kym Marsh) raised Ryan as her own after giving birth in 1992, but later discovered that a hospital mix-up meant he wasn't her son after all.

We already know that the ITV soap is reintroducing Michelle's biological son Alex Neeson, with his comeback hitting our screens next week.

But it looks like that is just the start of the story, as Sharon Marshall confirmed on This Morning that Ryan will be turning up in Weatherfield hot on the heels of Alex's reappearance.

Sharon said: "Cast your mind back to 2008 when there was a story with Michelle, and you might remember that it turned out that her son wasn't her biological son – there had been a baby swap in the hospital.

"This was the kid that she had with her late partner Dean, he was switched at birth and she brought up another boy called Ryan as her own. Ryan is also going to be coming back to the show as well."

Next week's episodes will see Alex – who is now going by the shortened name of Ali – appear when Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) finds him working at the medical centre.

Michelle is shocked when she eventually comes face to face with Ali, but he makes it clear that he isn't keen on catching up with her after several years of no contact.

Mount Pleasant and Love, Lies and Records star James Burrows has taken over the role of Alex. The character is returning to the cobbles after a ten-year absence.

Ryan was played by Ben Thompson from 2006 to 2010, with Sol Heras taking over the role between 2012 and 2013.

Digital Spy

swmc66
08-02-2018, 13:08
For the wedding I suppose. Opportunity to compare careers and successful parenting skills.

tammyy2j
08-02-2018, 13:17
Coming back according to Sharon Marshall on This Morning

Who is playing him this time around?

Perdita
08-02-2018, 17:13
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/915923/Coronation-Street-spoilers-Ryan-Connor-confirmed-return-explosive-Michelle-Connor-ITV

Last paragraph says Anna Windass back for a final appearance but not clear if she goes back to prison ......

mysangry
10-02-2018, 18:30
So they can bring in yet more new faces to play a character but they can't do it with Todd!!!

parkerman
10-02-2018, 22:32
So they can bring in yet more new faces to play a character but they can't do it with Todd!!!
It's too soon to do it with Todd. Give it a year or so.

Kim
10-02-2018, 22:34
I was hoping they were actually going to explore Michelle and Alex's relationship without Ryan on the scene. That and Ryan's last stint still haunts me :(

Perdita
26-03-2018, 19:18
Coronation Street's new-look Ryan Connor is definitely a face that ITV soap fans will remember.

Ryan Prescott, who played Aaron's love interest Flynn Buchanan in Emmerdale, has become the latest actor to play Ryan Connor on the cobbles, as the soap looks to revisit Michelle's historic baby swap storyline.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/13/768x1217/gallery-1522083844-soaps-coronation-street-ryan-connor-returns-2.jpg
Coronation Street filming - Robert Preston and Daniel Osbourne visit Ryan Connor
© ZENPIX PAUL COUSANS
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/13/768x1078/gallery-1522083756-soaps-coronation-street-ryan-connor-returns-1.jpg
Coronation Street films Ryan Connor's return
© ZENPIX PAUL COUSANS
(Robert Preston and Daniel Osbourne visit Ryan Connor)

Michelle raised Ryan from birth as her own, but found out ten years ago that he was not actually her biological son. Her actual son, Alex Neeson, has also been reintroduced into Corrie, so expect a rivalry for their mum's affections.

On Monday (March 26), Ryan Prescott was on set at Coronation Street filming a dramatic showdown with Michelle's soon-to-be husband Robert Preston (Tristan Gemmill).

Robert could be seen angrily shouting Ryan's name as he came round to his house with Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard), clearly not wanting the latest drama with Ryan to mess up his wedding.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/13/768x976/gallery-1522083800-soaps-coronation-street-ryan-connor-returns-3.jpg
Coronation Street films Ryan Connor's return
© ZENPIX PAUL COUSANS

Prescott is the third actor to have landed the role of Ryan Connor on Coronation Street. The role was originated by Ben Thompson in 2006, with Ben staying on the show for the next four years.

Following a disappearance from the cobbles, Sol Heras took on the character for a year-long stay in 2012 and 2013, before Ryan went off to be a DJ in Ibiza. During that stint, Ryan was involved in a dark storyline in which he got Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent) hooked on drugs.

The troubled character was most recently name-checked on-air when Michelle received a message from him, assuring her that Ryan wouldn't miss her wedding for the world.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/11/768x1152/gallery-soaps-coronation-street-sol-heras-ryan-connor.jpg
Sol Heras as Ryan Connor in Coronation Street

Digital Spy
© ITV
(Sol Heras as Ryan Connor)

Perdita
23-05-2018, 16:44
Coronation Street welcomes back Ryan Connor tonight (May 23) as a new face steps into the role.

Ryan returns to Weatherfield ahead of Michelle's wedding, but while his mum might be pleased to see him, there's tension ahead as his reunion with Ali Neeson is frosty and Robert Preston doesn't exactly warm to him either.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Ryan Prescott, who's taking over as Ryan, for his first big interview about joining Corrie and what's to come.

How did your casting come about?

"I auditioned quite a few times for several different Corrie characters over a couple of years. So after putting work in and them bringing me in as this character now, it's just a blessing. It's been a tough few years, so it really is a godsend at the moment – and I'm still thanking my lucky stars."

How are you settling in?

"It's one of those places where it's quite intimidating when you first arrive, because of the scale of things. You also see so many people – every corner you turn, there's a new famous face! You're also straight into four different filming blocks at a time.

"But literally within a few weeks, I felt like I was settling in. That's simply because everyone who works here – cast and crew – are the kind of people who you can just pull aside and have a chat with anywhere.

"They really are very welcoming, very comforting, very honest and very open. People are professional, but they're also not afraid to have a laugh and get close to each other and develop real relationships. That's what it's all about for me – it's about community."

Looking back, are you glad you got this character rather than ones you've been up for in the past?

"Definitely. Although I've got to say, I'd be grateful for any character, because you've got to, these days. You can't be too picky! (Laughs.) But most definitely, I really like the character. Ryan has got such a 'cheeky chappie' nature and he's a bit of a lad around town, but I'm starting to really find those layers as the scripts keep coming in.

"For me, all this bravado and confidence that Ryan has really comes from this quite delicate and insecure place of not really feeing like he belongs. Obviously, he's not blood-related to his family. So there's lots of juice in there for me to play. Ryan is a bit of a larger-than-life character. So that gives me an artistic licence to really play it up and really have some fun."

How do you feel about playing a recast character?

"Well, I've always thought the third time's the charm! (Laughs.) Obviously I had to go back and look at the old episodes, in particular the ones back when Sol Heras played Ryan, because it was a little bit more recent. I wanted to know Ryan's story and his memories. I wanted to have all those relationships and all those dynamics in play already coming in.

"On one hand, it can feel like you're trying to fill shoes, which is quite difficult because the cast already have relationships with the character of Ryan. But at the same time, it's a really good thing because my character is already established into the Connor family and has those various different relationships within the show.

"I've immediately got stuck into four or five different storylines, which was the best thing about it. It meant I could really connect with everyone here quite immediately."

What can we expect from the dynamic between Ryan and Ali?

"Ali is the trigger point for Ryan's inner anxieties. The only grounding Ryan has in his life is through Michelle, so Ali is an immediate threat to that. Obviously there's the fact that Ali is a blood relative and Ryan actually isn't. It's a feeling where you suddenly don't belong where you've always belonged.

"Ali is this huge competition to Ryan, as far as his most important relationship goes and his connection to the rest of the family and the place that he grew up. Ryan feels like he's being pushed out. So there's a lot of rivalry."

Do things get aggressive?

"Well, Ryan and Ali start to slowly develop a brotherly dynamic, which is fun because they're actually not siblings in any way. They start to develop this back and forth, which is quite passive-aggressive for the most part.

"But when it comes to family, I think it's always better to have than not to have. They both don't have any brothers, so there's room for it to go either way. But for now, they don't really like each other at all."

Do you get along better in real life?

"James Burrows, who plays Ali, is an absolute legend. We actually get on really well, but it adds to the dynamic because we're both not afraid to go there with each other and play a little bit more. So it's nice to have that relationship to fall back on trust-wise."

Does Ryan like Michelle's husband-to-be Robert?

"I think Ryan just wants his mum to be happy more than anything. Especially at first, as he wants to throw Robert a stag do, and successfully does so. Ryan is trying to figure out whether Robert really is right for his mum, so setting up that stag party is his way of trying to see what's going on.

"As time goes on, Ryan finds it quite hard to click with Robert, whereas Ali and Robert seem to have more of a relationship. The more Ryan starts noticing that and having that realisation, it pulls him further away from Robert. I think he becomes aware as time goes on that Robert might not be his biggest fan either."

What is Kym Marsh like to work with?

"Kym is fabulous to work with and really professional. She's on point every time. She comes in and she knows the scenes back to front. When I joined the show, Kym really opened her arms out to me, which was really nice. She was my first port of call when I got in and she just made it very easy. I call her Mama Bear just for fun.

"Kym really looks after me, but I think she does that with everyone, to be fair. She's one of those people. She actually cares. She gives you the time, even if she's busy."

How do you feel about being up for a British Soap Award for your role as Liam Slade in Doctors?

"That came really out of the blue, to be honest. I'd done Doctors for a few months about three or four years ago. Then they brought me back for four episodes over December, which was really, really nice. I was really quite honoured for them to put me up for the award.

"If I'm honest, it gives me an excuse to go down to the awards with everyone and party for the night, which is nice. Because otherwise, I'm too new – I wouldn't have been able to go with these guys at Corrie.

"I'm really chuffed. Obviously 'Best Villain' is cool. (Laughs.) Honestly, I just didn't expect it, so I was really made up when I got it."

How do you look back on your time on Emmerdale as Aaron's love interest Flynn? People still mention it on social media quite a bit!

"I really liked filming with Danny Miller. Me and Danny really got on whilst we were working together. But if I'm honest, it feels so long ago. People put throwbacks up online and I'm like: 'Oh my God, I look 13!' (Laughs.) I was really young then.

"But it's nice to do something for a short amount of time a long time ago, and still get a little bit of recognition from it. Or even people just saying: 'We've seen his face before'."

"Working on Emmerdale also really set me up for the next thing, and I learned a lot of lessons of how to move at the pace a soap moves. Doing things like that in the past has let me come into Corrie and find my feet a bit quicker."

Digital Spy

swmc66
31-05-2018, 10:34
So far I am not impressed with this actor

mysangry
31-05-2018, 19:55
I totally agree he is horrendous, surely there are better actors who could portray Ryan better?
He seems as if he is trying to hard to be a "character" he's awful

swmc66
02-06-2018, 18:23
He is playing a teenager of some sort!

lizann
08-06-2018, 22:16
https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/08/coronation-street-spoilers-shock-affair-for-ali-neeson-and-ryan-connor-7616241/

that would be a very unexpected lover choice

i thought maria or carla was next for ryan

Perdita
13-06-2018, 04:52
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a859286/coronation-street-spoilers-bethany-platt-ryan-connor-date/

He takes Bethany out on a date....

swmc66
13-06-2018, 22:55
Maybe he will grow up

lizann
23-06-2018, 17:04
what age is he?

if he does get with ali, talk of shark jumping

lizann
02-07-2018, 20:09
does ryan blackmail sarah for sex or money?

lizann
26-07-2018, 21:21
how he afford ibiza, gone for good?

flappinfanny
26-07-2018, 23:35
how he afford ibiza, gone for good?

No, it was a storyline plot, to think Bethany had gone to Ibiza with Ryan when she was held hostage by thingy. He is back either later this week or next i believe.

Perdita
06-09-2018, 10:58
Ryan Connor's world is set to be turned upside down next week when he discovers an online investment he made years ago is now worth a staggering 250K.

There's just one problem - he can't remember his password!

When Ryan gets a cheque for 5K for his DJ work in Ibiza, he bets Ali Neeson that he can double it within a month.

But of course, this is Ryan we're talking about, and not only does he not manage to double it, he also blows the whole lot on gambling.

However, while he's telling his sort-of-brother that he's skint again and needs to make some money fast, he remembers that he made a £50 investment years ago in a crypto-currency called Whip-coin.

But as he's researching whatever happened to the long-forgotten company online, he's staggered to find out his investment is now worth £250,000.

Before he can start splashing the cash, there's just one problem. He needs a password to access his online account and he can't remember what it is!

It suddenly dawns on him that he wrote it down in a book about footballer Gazza all those years ago, Ali and Ryan embark on a hunt to see of they can track down the book.

When it appears the book is harder to find than he first thought, desperate Ryan promises Ali he will give him half the money if he helps track Gazza down.

Having a sudden lightbulb moment, Ryan rembers his password at last and excitedly logs into the website to claim his cash.

But there's just one problem. He spent so long trying to remember his password that his investment has gone down massively - and to make matters worse, he still needs to pay Ali half.

With his luxurious lifestyle now in tatters, has all Ryan's detective work been for nothing?

Entertainment Daily

rossfan
25-09-2018, 02:08
Coronation Street spoilers: Ryan Connor jailed after shocking double death

Ryan Connor could be about to meet his end in Coronation Street as drug dealer Ronan swears revenge for the death of his son Cormac. Ryan panicked and didn’t call an ambulance when Cormac overdosed and despite getting Sophie Webster to cover for him by backing up his story, he is later arrested. Pills are found on him but these are pills that Cormac planted prior to his death. As Ryan is forced to come clean to the police about what really happened, they warn him that it will be serious for him if these pills match the ones Cormac took. And things are even more complicated as Cormac’s own dealer has also died.

Meanwhile, having learned of Ryan’s arrest, Ronan menacingly tells Michelle that he will be waiting for Ryan and he will pay a heavy price when he gets his hands on him. This gets back to Ryan and, deciding that he is safer in prison, he purposely smashes up the police waiting room and kicks an officer to ensure that he is locked up.
But he isn’t as safe as he hopes. Pictures have already revealed that Ronan will pursue him and Michelle in a car crash that ends in carnage. As a crash leaves his life on the line, will Ronan finish him off?

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/03_10_coro_ryan_cell_02-558b.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C360

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/24/coronation-street-spoilers-ryan-connor-jailed-after-shocking-double-death-7921058/

rossfan
01-10-2018, 21:19
Whilst i suspect it's Ronan that does die in the crash, as there's not been a lot of news about Ryan, i have slight thoughts that maybe Ryan is a surprise death but with Kym Marsh' interview it sounds like Ryan is fortunately staying:

What will everything that’s happened do to Ryan and Ali’s relationship?

It’s going to be a rough ride, there’s going to be more upset between the boys because they don’t get along anyway and this is going to make it worse. Michelle will be stuck in the middle of them both.

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/extras/interview-connor-geddon-kym-marsh

rossfan
02-10-2018, 07:13
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/39/980x653/gallery-soaps-coronation-street-1-ryan-targeted-d6l6atfnryizojxxoy7u-1-1.jpg
Monday, October 8: Ryan attracts the attention of a corrupt police officer
The menacing man is working for Ronan.

The corrupt copper beats Ryan up
It dawns on Ryan that there's nowhere he can be safe from Ronan and his threats.

rossfan
24-10-2018, 18:53
Coronation Street's James Burrows reveals how murder bombshell will affect Ali and Ryan

Ali recently killed Ronan Truman.

Coronation Street star James Burrows has hinted at how the murder will affect Ali Neeson's relationship with Ryan Connor.

Recent episodes have seen Ali kill Ronan Truman in order to protect his family. Ryan (played by Ryan Prescott) has yet to discover what happened.

But Burrows believes that Ryan would be "understanding".

"I think they will get on afterwards," he told OK! Online. "I think Ryan will understand why he's done this and maybe there'll be some understanding to it all.

"There's always going to be that dynamic, I think it almost seems like they're very jealous about, 'That's my mum', 'No, that's my mum'. I think there's always going to be that."

Burrows added: "I think [Michelle] has been a bit selfish and not given too much of a damn about Ali, and now she's realised, 'Oh, Ali's my own son'.

"Knowing Ryan, yeah, he probably will be a bit mardy about that!"

Next week, Ali will be seen sharing his murder secret with Robert Preston, as the guilt inside of him continues to take its toll.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a869141/coronation-street-james-burrows-murder-bombshell-ali-ryan/

lizann
03-11-2018, 00:01
ryan is such a child

rossfan
30-04-2019, 00:26
Coronation Street reveals a second love interest for Ryan Connor as Bethany Platt gets competition
Who does Ryan want to be with?

Coronation Street's Ryan Connor arranges a date with Alya Nazir next week – complicating his romantic connection with Bethany Platt.

Ryan (Ryan Prescott) turns his attentions to Alya as he starts to lose hope that Bethany will ever see him as more than just a friend.

Following yet another rejection from Bethany, fed-up Ryan arranges to go out with Alya instead. However, a troubled Bethany (Lucy Fallon) soon confides in her mum Sarah about how much she likes him.

Bethany later tells Ryan that she wants to explain her behaviour, opening up about how she was too scared for a new relationship after her grooming ordeal with Nathan Curtis.

The pair kiss and move to the bedroom, with Ryan conveniently neglecting to mention the date that he has just arranged with Alya.

The next morning, Alya is hurt to see Bethany and Ryan looking loved-up on the Street, realising that she has been cast aside by the charmer already.

Ryan later begs Alya not to tell Bethany about their now-cancelled plans for a date, but it's not long before a shocked Bethany discovers everything.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/coronation-street-3-ryan-connor-alya-nazir-2-1556379448.jpg

Sair Khan, who plays Alya, revealed: "Alya is very hurt and her defences go up straight away. She can't even try and understand it because she sees it as a bit of a personal attack. Obviously it's not but she just can't see the fuller picture.

"She thinks: 'You've lied to me, you're in the wrong, I am in the right, Bethany should know'. But that is just her defence mechanism because she is so surprised by this and really wasn't expecting it.

"Ryan has been so flirty with her and then suddenly he stops, so she gets really angry. Then when she sees Bethany and Ryan together she is really hurt. Her pride is hurt, her ego is knocked and she feels really embarrassed by the whole situation."

Asked who would be the better match for Ryan, Sair replied: "I don't know about a better match but Bethany and Alya both have very different needs.

"Bethany has been through a harrowing time. She is looking for love again in a different sense, so there are differences and I don't think they are bad differences.

"Generally I don't believe in 'The One'. You can make a connection with someone and as long as you work at it, you can turn it into a beautiful relationship and I think maybe that could be the case with Ryan. Maybe he could have a really successful relationship with either of them."

The good news is that Sair reckons the tricky situation can be sorted out – eventually.

She added: "Alya genuinely didn't know that Bethany had feelings for Ryan and it is Ryan who has lied. As much as it is hurtful and embarrassing for Alya, she does think there is nothing malicious in the situation.

"I think her initial reaction is a bit too over the top and she is a bit too defensive. If it is Bethany who Ryan wants, who is Alya to hold them back? I would advise Alya to put this down to experience."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a27310526/coronation-street-spoilers-ryan-connor-second-love-interest/

rossfan
03-05-2019, 00:20
Bit more of Ryan and Ali coming up. I'm hoping Ryan Prescott's safe on the show and James Burrows decides to stay longer than what has already been agreed earlier in the year.

Monday 6th May – Part one

Ryan tells Rita he’s feeling low about life as he used to be a good DJ. Bethany tells him about a club in town looking for a DJ and reveals she put a good word in.

Monday 6th May – Part two

Bethany gives Ryan a box of vinyl and tells him to brush up on his DJing skills. Ali meddles and tells Ryan she must fancy him, no way would she go to that much trouble for just a pal. She suggests Alya hire him as a DJ at the bistro.

Wednesday 8th May – Part one

Ryan gets the gig at Speed Daal and he thanks Bethany for getting it for him. The pair share a flirt and Ryan goes in for the kiss – only for Bethany to recoil in horror. Embarrassed, he brushes it off by asking Alya out instead.

Wednesday 8th May – part two

Bethany manages to get Ryan to the flat, telling him she needs to explain. They chat and they end up heading for the bedroom – but will Ryan come clean about Alya?

Friday 10th May – part one

Alya is upset to see Ryan and Bethany on the street and all loved up, will she tell Bethany what happened? Robert agrees on a lunch date with Michelle but is forced to cancel to go and see suppliers, and she admits to Ali how much she misses him. But as Robert heads off to a hotel for his meeting, he’s shocked by what he sees.

Friday 10th May – part two

Ryan tells Bethany he only asked Alya out because he thought she didn’t want him. Alya offers Ryan a regular DJ spot at the bistro.

https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SEI_63262830.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C376&ssl=1
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/01/10-coronation-street-spoilers-norris-cole-returns-ryan-in-sex-shock-carla-connor-twist-9221343/?ito=article.desktop.share.bottom.twitter

rossfan
03-05-2019, 23:17
https://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/previews/preview-clips-friday-10th-may-684827

Preview Clips: Friday 10th May

7.30pm

Ryan begs an unimpressed Alya not to tell Bethany he asked her out. Is his secret safe, or will Bethany discover the truth?

https://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/preview-clips-wednesday-8th-may-68472

Preview Clips: Wednesday 8th May

7.30pm

Bethany confides in Sarah that she does really like Ryan but struggles to get close to people after experiences in her past. Will she be too late to tell him how she feels?

rossfan
04-05-2019, 11:10
Ryan Prescott has been filming this week. Ryan has up coming scenes with character Alya.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5tvHzZWwAA9zow.jpg

rossfan
05-05-2019, 18:34
Interview: Is Ryan a match for Alya?

Alya has always been unlucky in love, but is that all about to change thanks to a new, surprising romance? Sair Khan hints at what to come...

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Tap for Team Corrie in the British Soap Awards

Prior to this week, what is Alya’s thoughts on Ryan?

Alya knows Ryan from round and about. When he first came to the Street he asked her for a job at the factory, but he was a bit of a clown so she thought he was wasting her time. She didn’t think much of him and it’s only through Bethany that he has come back into her orbit because Bethany wants Alya to give him a job at Speed Daal.

Alya has been unlucky in love. What is it that she sees in Ryan that makes her agree to a date?

Alya agrees to go on a date with Ryan because he doesn’t really give her the option not to! He is so flirty, so forward, so fun and she hasn’t had someone give her that attention in a very long time. Yasmeen thinks that it’s not Alya’s priority to have a relationship right now, but Alya doesn’t really like people speaking on her behalf. She doesn’t want to be known as someone who is not looking for love, because she does have needs and she wants to feel what she had in the past with Luke. Yasmeen makes a comment which is quite raw and fresh in Alya’s mind when Ryan makes his advances on Alya so she thinks, “Why not? What’s the harm?”

Could Ryan bring out a different side to Alya after the tough time she has had?

She really put herself out there with Luke and she is still healing from the loss of Luke in such a horrendous way, added with Aidan taking his own life and she has just lost her best friend, Rana. There is definitely a hole in life and she is lacking that human connection, so I think that’s why sometimes I do question her morals because she has stuck to the rules and tried to be a good person and that has done her no good because she has still lost so much.

I can understand why she can be cold and black and white but she is still looking for love.

How compatible do you think Ryan and Alya are?

I think they are chalk and cheese! They are very opposite, but I like that. When I have personally been thinking about who would be a good match for my character in terms of relationships, I would never have thought Ryan but actually they are quite perfect because I think she would balance him out and he is already bringing out a more fun, relaxed, playful side to Alya, which we just haven’t had the opportunity to see. It’s always been there, but it’s just been buried really deep so she has needed someone to bring that out in her.

She doesn’t need someone who is serious, she doesn’t need someone who is going to cause her a lot of drama, she needs someone who is going to bring out that warm side to her. Ryan is so boisterous and so wild that actually he does need taming a little bit, so that will be really interesting to see what Alya will bring out in Ryan, if it does progress .

How deep are her feelings for Ryan?

There is definitely a connection and she has really enjoyed the distraction of him, she wanted to see where it could go. The way that he has been so nice to her when she was upset about Luke came from a genuine place and she knows that so there are these little things that she is catching onto that are forming her opinion of him in a good way.

How much does Alya know about Bethany’s feelings for Ryan?

She doesn’t know anything, Alya just thinks Bethany and Ryan are friends and that she is trying to do him a favour. Even though he is a bit of a joker, Bethany really backs him but as far as Alya is concerned he is young, free and single because he tells Alya he is. Alya can only go on the information that she is told.

What is Alya’s first thoughts when she sees Ryan and Bethany loved up?

She is very hurt and her defences go up straight away. She can’t even try and understand it because she sees it as a bit of a personal attack which obviously it’s not but she just can’t see the fuller picture. She thinks, “You’ve lied to me, you’re in the wrong, I am in the right, Bethany should know,” but that is just her defence mechanism because she is so surprised by this and really wasn’t expecting it.

Ryan has been so flirty with her that she has started to catch feelings and then suddenly he stops so she gets really angry and then when she sees Bethany and Ryan together she is really hurt. Her pride is hurt, her ego is knocked and she feels really embarrassed by the whole situation.

If Bethany and Alya are to go head to head for Ryan, who do you think would be the better match?

I don’t know about a better match but Bethany and Alya both have very different needs. Bethany has been through a harrowing time, she is looking for love again in a different sense, so there are differences and I don’t think they are bad differences. Generally I don’t believe in ‘The One’, you can make a connection with someone and as long as you work at it, you can turn it in to a beautiful relationship and I think maybe that could be the case with Ryan. Maybe he could have a really successful relationship with either of them.

Do you think this could cause a wedge between Alya and Bethany?

Alya genuinely didn’t know that Bethany had feelings for Ryan and it is Ryan who has lied. As much as it is hurtful and embarrassing for Alya, she does think there is no maliciousness in the situation.

What advice would you give to Alya in this situation?

I think her initial reaction is a bit too over the top, she is a bit too defensive and if it is Bethany who Ryan wants, who is Alya to hold them back? I would advise Alya to put this down to experience.

https://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/extras/interview-is-ryan-a-match-for-alya-sair-khan

lizann
05-05-2019, 21:56
the ryan alya storyline is not major, long or interesting

mysangry
06-05-2019, 12:05
the ryan alya storyline is not major, long or interesting

I totally agree, why do relationships always have to be with someone from the street?
no one in my vicinity of life has a relationship they met on the "street where they live"!
talk about finding a story line for current characters!!!

yet another boring predictable story, yawn yawn:thumbsdow

Why do nearly all the characters social life begin and end in The Rovers or Bistro, as for Speed Dahl (is this meant to be a kind of "Friends" haunt).

I think there are just to many younger characters in a cobbled street, needs older couples who are downsizing and have some history.
To much is based on pairing up the residents.

lizann
06-05-2019, 13:20
they can't work away or meet anyone not from the street

mysangry
06-05-2019, 14:59
they can't work away or meet anyone not from the street

Ha ha, they may get insecure!
I just think it's bonkers to have so many people connected to their "neighbours" and as for romance, look at Maria, how many relationships has she had with her male neighbours? she would have a right name in my neighbourhood:moonie:

rossfan
06-05-2019, 20:02
Well whilst there have been only 2 scenes tonight, i'm glad Iain hasn't forgotten about Ryan and seems like they're kicking off a new storyline for him being a DJ.

Dare i say it - bit of character driven storyline!

Wolves
06-05-2019, 20:21
Nice to see Ryan again thought they had forgotten him and Ali existed.

mysangry
07-05-2019, 13:26
Well whilst there have been only 2 scenes tonight, i'm glad Iain hasn't forgotten about Ryan and seems like they're kicking off a new storyline for him being a DJ.

Dare i say it - bit of character driven storyline!

But it's so weak, who cares????

rossfan
07-05-2019, 18:16
Nice to see Ryan again thought they had forgotten him and Ali existed.

Yes. I think the fact they're bring in Ryan's dream to be a DJ for career indicates he's secure for now on the show which is good.

rossfan
08-05-2019, 19:44
Good episode so far.

Glad Ryan is getting more screen time. Hopefully this means Iain Macleod has plans for them.
I see a love triangle coming up - Ryan - Bethany and Alya.

rossfan
08-05-2019, 21:07
WOW at tonights episodes.

I think we've seen more Ryan tonight than all of the episodes so far this year put together.

I'm glad they're bringing him back to the front the show again and that he's now achieving his dream of being a DJ.

rossfan
02-06-2019, 00:23
Several of the under used actors/actresses in Coronation Street found work in a short called Chapter 2: Zach.

It features Ryan Prescott (Ryan), Brooke Vincent (Sophie) and Rob Mallard (Daniel).

https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/fb019527e18238e594b254f6e78c27ff/5D9E33D0/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/61161830_231968774426843_7844631741379350290_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com

It's a sequel to Chapter 1: Liv which featured Sally Ann Matthews (Jenny) and Brooke Vincent again. You can watch chapter 1 here: https://vimeo.com/262275909

rossfan
02-06-2019, 10:48
I will believe it when i see it but if it's true - hurrah! (i bet Gemma will still have a lot more screen time in comparison though)

Coronation Street star Ryan Prescott promises bigger stories for Ryan Connor

"I'm really excited to be a part of it, so keep watching."

Coronation Street actor Ryan Prescott has promised fans that bigger storylines are on the horizon for his character Ryan Connor.

It's been pretty quiet for Ryan Connor on-screen recently, even as his romantic connections with Bethany Platt (Lucy Fallon) and Alya Nazir (Sair Khan) have been keeping him pretty busy, but the actor has now told Digital Spy at this weekend's British Soap Awards that all that is about to change.

"I can't really go into subject matter, but there's a lot more coming up for Ryan this summer," he told us on the Soap Awards' red carpet last night (June 1).

"There's a lot of family issues going on. Obviously you know Kym [Marsh, who plays his on-screen mum] is going to be leaving at the end of this and taking a year out," he continued.

"It's kind of like, storylines building up to that, that kind of ultimate moment for her where she has to make a decision to leave or not."

As for Ryan's love life, the actor teased that Ryan's on-off connection with Bethany could be put on hold once again as he explores what it could be like to be with Alya

"There's things going on now with Ryan and Alya, so that might go somewhere," he teased, before later explaining what went wrong with him and Bethany.

"He just never plays it well, does he?" he added. "I think Ryan kind of just wants to have it a little bit simpler, have life a little bit simpler, stop chasing and find someone who actually wants to be with him."

Ryan also shared that he was "gutted" to hear Kym would be leaving, and said that he'll miss Kym "like mad" – but it does look like Ryan will be kept busy with what his character's up to over the next few months too.

"Obviously there's always some kind of sibling activity going on, so me and James [Burrows, who plays Michelle Connor's biological son Ali Neeson] are going to have our work cut out this summer," he added.

"It's going to be really fun, there's some really, really nice stuff coming. There's some really good stuff. I'm really excited to be a part of it, so keep watching."

Coronation Street airs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a27690083/coronation-street-ryan-prescott-promises-bigger-stories-ryan-connor/

rossfan
08-06-2019, 07:55
Filming pictures this week include Ali and Ryan!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8hH2UAWsAA4ql-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8hH2UGXsAA8-rk.jpg

rossfan
17-06-2019, 00:22
Quite a bit of Ryan action coming up next week!

Lets hope he sticks around and doesn't exceed his monthly apparence quota!

https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_DVg00rpwvbZIJyJrhI9Fls0yQ_FuzuPg8cq-B9ujS0M.jpg
Ryan's DJ set goes up in smoke when water is poured over his mixing desk! Is Yasmeen to blame?

https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_zPnZ6lsxZyNIDBeRR0Q_PCTmOZSxXwlPaWPhePxD1zc .jpg
Alya brings Ryan and his two DJ mates back to No.6 after a night out!

https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_n5D8cEZI4WUTvqOStoqzXuPtve3m7Zze0x7IXDzNUgc .jpg
But will this cause more trouble for Yasmeen?

https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_-vtYFoS--_XXqxNx_6sExvz2zm_lgQFOxw7mzn4LXUY.jpg
It does! Geoff can't help but voice his frustration when he finds Yasmeen enjoying a drink and a laugh with Alya and Ryan... What will happen next?

https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_DvLrtBLzTCOfa4bka4AJAqNRbTU9RZbQX_RpYjires4 .jpg
Robert disappears from the Bistro for an afternoon leaving Michelle and Ryan wondering where he's gone...

https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_nCdtdt8BusbULj5Pz5MWBwW4GeWTrzQSD5bl_a5kz_0 .jpg
When Robert finally returns with excuses, Michelle buys his story but will Ryan?

https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_EJ61J-7Te75wBnGSDj6mA58XhK-iHCwrqz747KJKsCg.jpg
Can Ryan get to the bottom of Robert's deception?

https://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/previews/preview-pictures-24th-28th-jun-0783

lizann
17-06-2019, 18:31
is ryan finished already with bethany?

rossfan
24-06-2019, 15:32
Coronation Street spoilers: Robert Preston’s shocking secrets are revealed ahead of exit?

Robert Preston (Tristan Gemmill) has been getting along nicely with Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) in Coronation Street as of late, but — with the manager of the bistro set to depart from the cobbles soon — are his secrets about to come to light courtesy of Ryan Connor (Ryan Prescott)? After simultaneously admitting that they still have feelings for one another, Michelle and Robert decided to let go of the past and give their relationship another go. With the pair ready to start anew, what could possibly go wrong? Well, a lot apparently, as it soon emerged that Robert had a pretty big secret: Vicky Jeffries (Kerri Quinn) is carrying his baby!

Since the revelation, he’s gone out of his way to prevent Michelle from finding out the truth. However, this becomes difficult this week when Vicky starts to grow suspicious, believing him to have rekindled things with his ex. Of course, Robert denies such a thing, remaining adamant that Michelle is history. In an effort to make his story more convincing, he tells Vicky that he doesn’t want Michelle knowing about the baby, as such news would bring back traumatic memories of when she lost hers.

Robert’s not out of the woods yet, as when he returns to the bistro, he’s questioned about his whereabouts that afternoon. He manages to throw Michelle off the scent by telling her that there was a road accident — which in turn cased a lot of traffic. In spite of Robert’s convincing performance, Ryan’s suspicions are raised. Ryan later pops into the bistro — and finds Robert in the middle of a secret phone call! Determined to get to the bottom of whatever’s going on, he wastes little time in confronting Robert. How will Robert react to Ryan’s questions? The bistro manager has proven to be very skilled at coming up with an impromptu lie or two, so perhaps he’ll be able to do so again and get himself off the hook? If not, then his rekindled romance with Michelle is set to be short-lived!

https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/24_06_coro_michelle_ryan_robert_03-9799.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C388&ssl=1

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/24/coronation-street-spoilers-robert-prestons-shocking-secrets-are-revealed-ahead-of-exit-9851387/

rossfan
24-06-2019, 15:34
Coronation Street's Robert Preston makes a sickening move as his cover-up continues

He uses Michelle's tragic history to cover his tracks.

Coronation Street's Robert Preston stoops to a new low tonight (June 24) as he uses a tragedy for his own benefit.

Robert (Tristan Gemmill) opens up to Vicky Jefferies about Michelle Connor's baby tragedy, hoping it'll be enough to keep her quiet over their big news.

When Robert pays another visit to Vicky (Kerri Quinn) in Monday's double bill, she's suspicious over his shifty behaviour and accuses him of secretly reuniting with Michelle.

Robert is quick to insist that his relationship with Michelle is ancient history, but Vicky is far from convinced that he's telling the truth.

The Bistro boss urges Vicky not to tell Michelle about her pregnancy, warning that it'd be too much for her to deal with after everything she has already been through.

Much to Robert's relief, Vicky is genuinely moved as he tells her about Michelle tragically losing baby Ruairi in 2017 – so much so that she promises not to rock the boat.

Later, Robert returns to the Bistro but is late for a wine-tasting event that Michelle has organised.

Robert claims that he was held up by a crash on the M60, but Ryan is deeply suspicious. Will Ryan realise that Robert is lying?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a28158198/coronation-street-spoilers-robert-preston-sickening-move/

rossfan
01-07-2019, 01:07
3. Love Amongst The Canapés

Michelle and Ryan put the finishing touches to the canapés for the charity fundraiser.
https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_fMVB4uSl8HPyN55t0YgLOjr-CRqpBHCp4_8kpgxYQrE.jpg

Michelle can’t help but notice the spark between Alya and her son…
https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium__E6pwMSsmRgt6X2Wt1Mc9vBW8dYGyGK8f-ayX2JB5Zw.jpg

When disaster strikes, Robert saves the day with emergency trays of canapés!
https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_RlY8ZaTOBJXRp5h-OJ_S7-ap7PJTPYUHQ6WkOo5v7XE.jpg

Later, Ryan and Alya can’t hold back any longer and kiss! Let’s hope Ryan doesn’t mess it up this time!
https://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_ZjuRvIpgXm3XPbTGLKhHlbG9lFxRgP9DKwlczPou1Q0 .jpg

lizann
01-07-2019, 17:01
what happened with bethany?

Perdita
01-07-2019, 21:13
what happened with bethany?

Guess same as before .. friend with benefits but no more???

lizann
01-07-2019, 22:10
Guess same as before .. friend with benefits but no more???

i thought they became an official couple

Perdita
02-07-2019, 04:25
i thought they became an official couple

I do not think they have been together long enough to be an official anything ... I think Ryan is way too immature still for a steady relationship ...

rossfan
13-07-2019, 07:15
From filming this week

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_VXc2KWsAAfH8_.jpg

lizann
21-07-2019, 20:31
daily star has article and photos of gary beating ryan

rossfan
27-07-2019, 17:51
Coronation Street reveals whether Ryan Connor lives or dies in Gary Windass plot

It's Saturday, which means that Coronation Street has posted four new pictures from the last week of filming – and we have gone through them to see what the cast have been up to, and what we can learn about upcoming plots.

This week, the soap has teased the outcome of Gary Windass' (Mikey North) brutal attack on Ryan Connor (Ryan Prescott) after the pair were spotted filming the violent scenes earlier this month.

And if you were worried that Ryan was about to become one of Gary's latest victims after maybe getting too close to the truth about what Gary's been covering up, then these pictures will come as a relief as Ryan is looking battered and bruised, but still alive.

According to onlookers during the filming of the violent scenes, actor Ryan Prescott wore body armour to avoid getting injured for real.

But while Gary leaves Ryan for dead after the attack for reasons that we don't completely understand yet, it looks like Ryan will quickly find his way back to the cobbles – does this mean he'll be exposing Gary's true colours?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAddrvuW4AIs91j?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a28526219/coronation-street-spoiler-photos-ryan-connor-gary-windass-attack-outcome/

tammyy2j
06-08-2019, 16:28
Ryan did steal Gary's money

lizann
28-06-2021, 00:49
hope the talk of a daisy affair is not true

CorneliusBlanc
29-06-2021, 07:05
hope the talk of a daisy affair is not true

I have a feeling that there is going to be a fake sexual assault allegation storyline. Daisy propositions Ryan for sex on Friday 9th June but I think that he will stay loyal to Alya and, in an act of jealous, Daisy will say that he assaulted her or something.

Perdita
19-04-2023, 04:35
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a43635793/coronation-street-spoilers-ryan-recovery-milestone/

Coronation Street star Ryan Prescott has revealed a new milestone for his character Ryan's recovery.

ITV has unveiled behind-the-scenes photos for Wednesday's episode (April 19), in which Ryan Connor finally takes the brave step to look at his scars from the acid attack.

Ryan has thus far been reluctant to face what he now looks like, but with support from Carla Connor, he decides it's time to face up to his future.

Unfortunately, Ryan's surgeon interrupts with news that he will need to undergo another skin graft because his burns aren't healing as quickly as they'd hoped.

Later, Carla and Daisy are alarmed when Ryan goes missing from his hospital room ? though they later find him at a nearby tram station, where he's struggling over what to do next.

Throughout the rest of the week, Daisy will share her own reluctance with Daniel over telling Ryan that Ibiza DJ Crystal no longer wants anything to do with him.

Ryan soon starts to feel self-conscious in the hospital canteen as he assumes a group of giggling nurses are mocking his appearance. After an uncomfortable encounter with a little girl staring at his face, Ryan will insist he wants to be left alone.

Ryan Prescott has now spoken about the gravity of the moment when Ryan looks at himself in the mirror for the first time.

"For Ryan, I don't think he expects it to be as bad as it is," the actor said. "He has never seen major burns before so he doesn?t know what to expect, and because he has been in bandages for so long, he gets into a little comfortable zone with just wearing the bandages."

He continued: "Once his facial injuries are revealed to him, it knocks it right out of him again. The initial glances are heartbreaking.

"The first time he sees his face, he is thinking: 'I am never going to have love in my life again. I am going to be the one that people look at in the street.'

"In that moment, all those feelings he was trying to ignore come rushing to the surface and he realises that there is no way this is going to heal and he is going to look like his burns haven?t been there.

"It confirms to him that this is going to affect every aspect of the rest of his life, no matter what."

The actor and Coronation Street's visual effects team have also spoken about designing the prosthetics Ryan Prescott will now be wearing.

The Corrie team are working with acclaimed Emmy- and BAFTA-winning SFX artist Davy Jones as well as makeup and prosthetics supervisor Beks Scott to reflect the reality many face in the real world.

"It was so impressive to have the opportunity to work with someone like that," Prescott said. "I went to Davy's workshop in the Wirral to have a cast made that covered my whole head.

"Davy?s workshop was wicked; he has done some big films and he had a lot of pieces of prosthetics around from the Blade trilogy and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. He works magic in that studio."

Prescott also spoke about the emotional experience of seeing his face with the prosthetics for the very first time, knowing what they'd mean for his character Ryan's future.

"It was a process so there was no one defining moment or real shock for me. I knew what to expect and Gillian and I had experimented with a few layers of prosthetics before anything was even set in stone about the stages of Ryan's recovery," he said.

"I already had lots of ideas of what it was going to look like. Through my research for the storyline, I had spoken to numerous people who have survived acid attacks [and] who have real facial injuries."

He continued: "I had always thought of the prosthetics as an edge of that reality and now wearing the prosthetics make[s] me reflect on the reasons why I am doing this storyline. The prosthetics remind me that I want to further the dialogue of what people are actually going through in real life."

Coronation Street's head of hair and makeup, Gillian Walsh, praised the acid attack storyline for its relevance.

"When the storyline was first pitched to me, the bosses felt that it was the right time to do this storyline," Walsh said.

"I have worked on ITV's The Bay, BBC's Death in Paradise and ITV's The Good Karma Hospital, so with my previous expertise and experience away from Coronation Street, they felt that I could bring what I?ve learnt working with prosthetics on drama shows to this storyline."

She went on to share: "It's the most ambitious task that we, the Coronation Street makeup team, have taken on due to the longevity and the fact that the character will be on the show for a long time, but I feel like we have really risen to the occasion and I am really proud of what we have created. The team has all been challenged but everyone has risen to the challenge."

Walsh also addressed Princess Anne's recent visit to the Coronation Street set to see the work the team were doing on the acid attack story.

"She was amazing. I think she might even be a fan of the show," Walsh said.

"She was really engaged and I was able to show her pictures of some of the work that we created with the prosthetics that hadn?t been on screen yet ? she seemed really impressed. It was a real honour and a privilege to meet her."

ITV has also shared comments from acclaimed SFX artist Davy Jones about the ways working on a continuing drama differ from his feature film work Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End or even Doctor Who.

"It's not just because it's a long-running show ? we had to take a lot of things into consideration, like the watershed and what time the show is going out," the SFX expert said. "Sometimes with a horror film, not seeing things is more scary, so sometimes it's just trying to get a level of where 'it's enough'.

"This also includes taking into consideration the paint job. For example, if the team paints the prosthetics more intensely, the injuries are going to look worse. We have only been involved in the manufacturing and the sculpting of the prosthetics, and Beks did the makeup tests with the team to show them what colour they should be aiming for."

Coronation Street has collaborated with advocacy groups like The Katie Piper Foundation and ASTI on this storyline, in addition to having guidance from Pinderfields Hospital charge nurse Paul Blakemore.

Paul has worked with real acid attack victims and used that expertise to help the Coronation Street team accurately reflect the experiences of patients like the ones he cares for.

"Any kind of medical conditions that are highlighted on television are a good thing because it brings the general public more information about them, especially when it is shown as accurately as this storyline is," the nurse explained.

"An acid attack is a horrible thing and we hear about them infrequently. But it's not like someone breaks an arm and once it heals, you can't tell. Once you've been a survivor of an acid attack and an assault like this, it's with you for life, and the psychological impact is massive. For Coronation Street to highlight this is really very good."

Perdita
21-05-2023, 13:23
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a43948968/coronation-street-spoilers-ryan-betrayal/

Coronation Street airs Justin Rutherford's trial for Ryan Connor's acid attack early next month, but a surprising betrayal could sway the case in the villain's favour.

Upcoming episodes see Justin's sister Karen make a return trip to the Rovers Return, where she once again expresses sympathy for Daisy Midgeley's recent ordeal.

When Ryan sees Daisy talking to Karen, he questions her loyalties and sparks a row. Raking over the past, Ryan bitterly reminds Daisy of how she sabotaged his relationship with Alya Nazir in 2021.

Later, Ryan is horrified when Karen admits that she has passed all of this information onto Justin's defence lawyer, hoping that it will benefit him in court. Ryan is left with doubts over whether to give evidence at the trial at all.

Here, Ryan Prescott ? who plays Ryan ? shares details of the drama in store.

How is Ryan feeling ahead of Justin's court case?

"Ryan had assumed that Justin would plead guilty to being the person behind the acid attack, particularly because he pleaded guilty to all his other abusive behaviour against Daisy.

"Ryan thought that Justin would accept what he has done and face justice, but Justin recently did the opposite and pleaded not guilty, so that came as a real shock to Ryan and he took it very personally because he took the major blows of the acid and it has changed his life forever."

Ryan is still coming to terms with his injuries and going back into public places. As the trial gets closer, does this add an extra element of pain for Ryan?

"Yes, Ryan even says to Daisy that he doesn't know how he is going to hold it together. He seems to have gone through so much, so fast, so it's a series of blows that has pushed him to the edge.

"Ryan is really nervous because he hasn't really been in front of anyone else, apart from his auntie Carla and Daisy. He has still been very solitary, so even coming out of the house is a big deal to him.

"Standing in front of a court full of people, and seeing Justin again, feels like he is digging it all up and re-facing the whole thing all over again.

"He feels completely unprepared for this and he would rather bury his head in the sand and look away, but he knows that Daisy is relying on him. And there is a strange kind of connection between the two of them at the moment."

Can you tell us about the scenes where Ryan sees Daisy talking to Justin's sister Karen?

"Ryan sees Karen in the pub and when it seems to him that Daisy is alright with her, he's confused. He feels betrayed that Daisy would have any kind of rapport with someone that is so directly attached to Justin.

"At the end of the day, Justin has done terrible things to Daisy, but he's not done anything to the scale of what he has done to Ryan, so he feels deceived and blind aggression towards Daisy.

"He doesn't blame Daisy for the acid attack but it has happened because of her and so, because she is attached to his trauma in that way, he ends up lashing out at her."

Karen overhears Ryan talking about how Daisy destroyed his relationship with Alya, and she passes this information onto Justin's defence team. When Ryan finds out, why does he decide to skip the trial altogether?

"After everything that has happened, the court case is the final straw that breaks the camel's back. But Ryan is willing to push himself through it, until he finds out that Karen has used what he has said about Daisy against them both.

"He said what he said in spite and due to having a little bit of animosity towards Daisy. Obviously Karen is there to witness this and so now, not only is Ryan feeling scared and out of control, he now feels like a fool."

Does Ryan feel guilty that this might affect the trial?

"I don't think guilty is the right word ? he feels foolish. He doesn't feel like he has much to prove at this point, because he has been through so much and he is very aware that people understand that.

"But at the same time, he doesn't want to trudge through the past and he doesn't want to relive the experience again, especially in front of people. However, he is willing to because, despite the little tiff that he's had with Daisy, he appreciates all that she has done for him and they do have a relationship.

"Although it isn't a romantic relationship, Daisy is one of the only people that Ryan feels close to, so he is willing to go the distance for her and go to court, but what happens with Karen pushes him over the edge."

Is this Ryan's breaking point?

"Yes, Ryan feels overwhelmed and it has just become too much for him. But it's not just one thing, it's the layering of the events that have taken place before this.

"Before this, he has been back in hospital with sepsis and he has confessed his undying love for Crystal and she is not getting back to him, so there are so many areas of his life that are just not working."

Is Ryan aware of the repercussions if he does not attend court? What ultimately changes his mind?

"Yes, he knows there is a chance Justin might walk and actually, he feels like there might be a chance of that anyway now that this new information has come to light for Justin, because it gives Justin's barrister something to run with.

"Ryan is afraid to be there for that because he just can't take another hit. He is ready to bury his head in the sand and everyone is telling him that he has to go to court, but he's at the point where he's happy to shut himself off. Ultimately it's Ryan's relationship with Daisy that changes his mind."

What were the court scenes like to film?

"It was roasting hot! But it was good because it's Ryan's first spout of courage and bravery. Ryan's always had this happy-go-lucky outlook on life and lately we've seen that drowned by the things that have happened to him.

"But when he goes to court, it's like a little bit of that has come back. He probably doesn't realise how much of a big step he has taken yet, but it may be something that he realises in the aftermath of the trial."

How does Ryan feel coming face to face with Justin again?

"It's a shock to the system but he faces him immediately. He doesn't look away and he stares him down, because he is not afraid of Justin but he is afraid of his own situation. He holds so much anger and resentment towards Justin that he has been waiting for this moment to look him in the face."

When you read the scripts where Ryan takes the stand, what were your thoughts?

"I really loved the scripts because you see and feel Ryan struggling from the get-go. We had such a short time to learn those scripts, but I knew I really wanted to put a bit of time into Ryan's deposition because the language was just right for a northern lad who is just trying to stumble through what he could remember from an acid attack."

The barrister accuses Ryan of being in love with Daisy and plotting the attack himself. How does Ryan react?

"Ryan feels like he has ruined things. He loses his temper but he's passionate about what has happened to him because it's his life ? everything about his life has changed because of this.

"When the barrister insinuates that he is in love with Daisy, there is an element of truth to that and Ryan knows that he does have feelings for Daisy but he's not even sure what those feelings are.

"He knows that she is marrying Daniel and he knows that he doesn't have a chance. He doesn't think that she would ever be interested in someone like him because of his facial scars, but he has feelings there for her.

"He feels like he has a connection with her, and not only does he feel like he has made a fool out of himself in front of the whole court, he feels like he has let Daisy down."

Do you think a relationship between Daisy and Ryan would be a good idea?

"In a weird way, I think any relationship for Ryan would be a good idea because he is so isolated right now. After his traumatic experience, Ryan's natural instinct has been to reach out and grab the relationships around him to try and ground himself.

"He's done that with Alya and taken on the heartbreak of that, he's tried to do the same with Crystal and now she's not replying, so he just feels so alone.

"He definitely has a thing for Daisy but his confidence is so low and the reality is that he respects Daniel and he thinks that he is a great guy so he just wouldn't want to get entwined into that in the wrong way. He doesn't want to be anyone's enemy, he's just looking for someone to care about him."

How would Ryan react if he knew Daisy was pretending to be Crystal?

"The thing is, Ryan has had such an intimate back and forth over the past month or so with 'Crystal' that he is genuinely starting to believe that in a different world, in a different time, or somewhere down the line, that there might be something there with her because they have developed an actual relationship.

"There has been a lot of natural chemistry between them and Ryan is finding joy in investing in their relationship. So to find out that it's been Daisy the whole time would make him feel humiliated because he has been very raw and 'himself' with this person.

"He would feel so deceived because it's such a huge lie to play for such a long time, so he would feel like he was a toy and that he's a game to Daisy. He would feel an explosion of contempt for Daisy because he feels like he has lost Crystal and Daisy in one fell swoop."

What can you tease about how the outcome of the trial will affect Ryan going forward?

"Ryan believes that Justin getting sent down would be the next step in his closure, definitely. It has to happen for him to move forward and if it doesn't happen then I am not sure where that leaves him. It's going to set him back a long way because he would be left in turmoil over the situation and the injustice of it all.

"Ryan needs Justin to face justice before he can even face the reality of the aftermath. For Ryan, everything is riding on this trial."

lizann
21-05-2023, 18:22
surely justin cannot get off

lizann
18-07-2023, 05:37
addicted to steroids

Perdita
08-08-2023, 03:59
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a44755730/coronation-street-sex-storyline-ryan-connor/

Coronation Street has lined up a new issue-based storyline for Ryan Connor, with the character set to enter the world of sex work.

Ryan has been through a tough time in recent weeks, with the character being hit by acid and subsequently using illegal steroids.

In a new storyline, which has been reported by The Sun, Ryan will enter the world of sex work by using a subscription service akin to OnlyFans.

Ryan will reportedly begin by setting up an anonymous profile, with his content escalating from shirtless photos to more explicit material.

The storyline is part of Ryan?s slow descent, and actor Ryan Prescott commented on his character?s darker journey in an interview last month.

?It starts the journey of what he believes is his kind of restoration, his time where he?s getting back on his feet and becoming more confident, and starting to believe in himself more and come to terms with his facial scarring,? said Prescott, who has played Ryan since 2018.

?Similarly to how he latches onto every relationship he?s had. He?s grasping onto something that makes him feel good just to distract himself from reality and the more he distracts himself the more he falls into denial or delusion,? he added.

In other news on the ITV soap, George Banks spoke about his return as Henry Newton, with the actor reprising his role after five years away.

The character?s return storyline sees him interact with ex-girlfriend Gemma Winter, who is attempting to help Jenny Connor save The Rovers, and Banks revealed he would love to see his character be able to support them.

?He came close to being the landlord during his last time in the street,? he explained. "I think the Rovers for him, as well as it for many of Corrie's viewers, holds a special place in his heart.?

lizann
13-02-2024, 15:19
returning

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a46765115/coronation-street-ryan-prescott-ryan-connor-return/

Perdita
20-02-2024, 03:55
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a46857668/coronation-street-spoilers-ryan-connor-return-story/

Coronation Street has confirmed the official details of Ryan Connor's return storyline.

Ryan has been absent from the cobbles since December, when he made a low-key departure with his girlfriend Crystal.

The barman and DJ bowed out after landing a new job in Glasgow, but he'll reappear at the Rovers Return next week amid a new drama involving his on-off love interest Daisy Midgeley.

Next week, Corrie initially revisits the unfinished business between Daisy and her ex-fianc? Daniel Osbourne.

Daniel asks Daisy if she'd be willing to look after his son Bertie for a few hours and she agrees.

Seeing this as a positive sign, Daisy tells her Rovers colleague Glenda Shuttleworth that she believes there's still a spark between her and Daniel.

Even though Daniel has reunited with Bethany Platt, an optimistic Daisy expresses her hopes of winning him back.

Later, the Weatherfield residents gather at the pub to celebrate Rita Tanner's birthday.

Mary Taylor causes a stir at the party when she receives a message about a Chit Chat magazine article. Daisy is horrified to see the sensationalised headline, which reads: "I Had a Torrid Affair with my Acid Attack Hero".

Later in the week, Daniel apologises to Daisy for not warning her about Bethany writing the article.

Bethany then discovers that she has been fired from Chit Chat because Daisy has made a complaint about the article.

Bethany bitterly accuses Daisy of sabotaging her career. Daniel intervenes and seems disapproving over Daisy getting Bethany fired.

Later, Daisy broods over her difficult couple of days as she chills out in the back room of The Rovers.

When Jenny reveals that Daisy has a visitor, she's shocked to see Ryan walk through the door ? but why is he back?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Thursday, February 29 and Friday, March 1.